1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Roy Moore - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by searcher, Nov 9, 2017.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

'Where does your immortality end?' Leigh Corfman pens open letter to Roy Moore demanding he stop calling her a liar after accusing him of sexually assaulting her when she was 14
    • Leigh Corfman has penned an open letter to Alabama senate hopeful Roy Moore
    • She is the first woman to come forward and accuse Moore of sexual assault
    • The 53-year-old asked Moore to stop calling her a liar and to just tell the truth
    • Corfman says she was sexually assaulted by Moore when she was 14 in 1979

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5131241/Roy-Moore-accuser-tells-stop-calling-liar.html#ixzz4zuoaRQv4
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

2. BigJim#1-8

BigJim#1-8 Silver Member Silver Miner

This woman writes a letter, she was also the one to appear with the deviant lauer.
    Where's the evidence?

phoneman likes this.
  3. searcher

There is none.

BigJim#1-8 and phoneman like this.
  4. searcher

brosil and phoneman like this.
  5. searcher

6. searcher

Jimmy Kimmel accepts Roy Moore's invitation to settle their differences 'man to man' after bitter Twitter feud over sex assault allegations
    • Jimmy Kimmel sent comedian to disrupt one of Roy Moore's rallies in Alabama
    • Moore fired back on Twitter, accusing him of attacking Christian values and inviting him to settle their differences 'man to man'
    • Kimmel said he would gladly discuss Moore's Christian values, or lack thereof
    • Republican Senate hopeful has been dogged by allegations of sexual assault against teenage girls dating back decades

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5135785/Jimmy-Kimmel-accepts-Roy-Moore-invitation-Alabama.html#ixzz500lYwpjC

7. searcher

Roy Moore Finds a Rival From Afar: Gloria Allred
    [​IMG]
    The New York Times

By JESS BIDGOOD and ALAN BLINDER
    11 hrs ago

NORTHPORT, Ala. — Sheila Hayes has followed every twist and turn in the allegations against Roy S. Moore, the Republican Senate candidate who has been accused of sexual misconduct involving teenage girls.

But Ms. Hayes, a community college instructor and a Democrat, felt a jolt of unease when she watched the lawyer Gloria Allred speak at a news conference where a woman accused Mr. Moore of misconduct.

“I like Gloria Allred, but when I saw her on TV, I sort of cringed, because I knew what people in Alabama would say,” said Ms. Hayes, who was wearing a button for Mr. Moore’s Democratic opponent, Doug Jones. She said she believed the women.

In short order, Ms. Allred, who has represented women in prominent sexual harassment cases for decades, became a character in the scrappy contest that will be decided Dec. 12.

As Mr. Moore has tried to deny the allegations and undermine his accusers, he and his supporters have vilified Ms. Allred. They have raised doubts about the evidence she has presented and have played on some voters’ entrenched mistrust of out-of-state figures by targeting a lawyer known for stepping into the limelight.

“I think she has provided a convenient excuse for Republicans to look the other way, and that’s unfortunate,” Elizabeth BeShears, a Republican communications consultant, said. “Because Roy’s camp has turned this conversation into being about Gloria Allred,” she added, the stories of the accusers “are getting buried.”

For Mr. Moore, a former State Supreme Court chief justice who was effectively removed from the bench twice over debates about the Ten Commandments and same-sex marriage, the tactics are those of political preservation in the closing weeks of a race he was favored to win. But the contest, to fill the seat that Jeff Sessions held before he became United States attorney general, was upended when nine women accused Mr. Moore of unwanted advances or sexual assault. One woman, Beverly Young Nelson, made her claim at a news conference in New York alongside Ms. Allred.

Mr. Moore’s campaign began attacking Ms. Allred before the news conference even began, when the campaign chairman, Bill Armistead, called her “a sensationalist leading a witch hunt.” In the weeks since, Mr. Moore has used his Twitter account to point to Ms. Allred’s refusal thus far to allow an independent party to review a yearbook belonging to Ms. Nelson, which, she and Ms. Allred said, contains an inscription written by Mr. Moore around the time of the alleged assault in the 1970s.

“Good Morning, Alabama!” Mr. Moore wrote Friday, in what has become almost a daily ritual. “Day 17 of attorney Gloria Allred’s refusal to turn over her fake yearbook for third party examination.”

In making Ms. Allred a foil, political strategists said Mr. Moore’s campaign had made a calculation tied to a fundamental of Alabama politics: Voters recoil when they sense someone from out of state is seeking to push them one way or another.

“I don’t know that you could say she’s toxic, but she has a reputation of being a self-promoter and a lawyer who shows up with high visibility clients,” said John D. Saxon, an employment and discrimination lawyer in Birmingham who was the chairman of Bill Clinton’s presidential campaigns in Alabama. “The same way people in Alabama don’t want outsiders telling them how to vote, there’s a resentment for that kind of person and, frankly, for that kind of lawyer sometimes.”

Indeed, Mr. Moore’s overarching strategy, besides stoking conservative anger on issues like transgender rights, seems to clash with other national figures, including Mitch McConnell, the Senate majority leader who called on him to drop out of the race. Late this week, after a character from Jimmy Kimmel’s late-night show disrupted a church campaign event for Mr. Moore, the candidate urged Mr. Kimmel to come to Alabama himself.

“Despite D.C. and Hollywood Elites’ bigotry towards southerners, Jimmy, we’ll save you a seat on the front pew,” Mr. Moore wrote on Twitter.

But Ms. Allred has been the target of the campaign’s ire for longer. Ms. Allred, 76, has never shied away from controversy, and became one of the country’s best-known lawyers by taking on high-profile cases relating to abortion, gender-based discrimination and sexual harassment beginning in the 1970s.

In a telephone interview, Ms. Allred brushed aside criticisms of her involvement in Alabama and her influence on the Senate race.

“Democrats and the Democratic Party don’t tell me who I should have as a client and what my strategy should be, nor are Republicans permitted to tell me,” she said. “I mean, they can opine, but I don’t take my directions from any party or any person. The only person I serve is my client.”

“I’m a civil rights attorney, I’m a women’s rights attorney,” Ms. Allred said. “Rights for women and minorities are often not popular. Those who advocate for them are sometimes castigated.”

Most of the complaints about Ms. Nelson’s allegations come back to the yearbook that spawned a mix of amateur analyses and conspiracy theories. Mr. Moore and his allies have repeatedly questioned the veracity of the inscription, claiming there are discrepancies between Mr. Moore’s alleged signature and other words that follow in the inscription.

Ms. Allred, who has refused repeated requests by The New York Times and other news organizations to examine Ms. Nelson’s yearbook, said that she would only release it to congressional investigators if a hearing is convened about the allegations against Mr. Moore. A hearing, she said, would offer “a dignified venue where there is testimony that accompanies the examination of all of the evidence.”

Pressed over whether she could guarantee the authenticity of the yearbook, Ms. Allred did not answer directly. She would not comment about whether she had commissioned her own review of the yearbook.

“The most important witnesses in all of this are Beverly, and Roy Moore,” Ms. Allred said. “Why won’t he subject himself to cross-examination and testimony under oath?”

Glen Browder, an emeritus professor at Jacksonville State University and a former Democratic congressman from Alabama, said Mr. Moore and his supporters have seized on Ms. Allred, and the yearbook, to bolster their arguments that allegations against Mr. Moore are an unfair attack.

Other experts said many voters had already made up their minds. The distrust of the allegations was already there, said Joseph Smith, the chairman of the political science department at the University of Alabama.

And some women in Alabama are simply grateful Ms. Allred has taken up the cause. “When I see Gloria Allred and she’s beside someone, it verifies their creditably,” said Sheila Gilbert, the chairwoman of the Calhoun County Democratic Party.

As the lingering questions about the yearbook have become fodder for conservative outlets — including Breitbart News, where the executive chairman, Stephen K. Bannon, is a vocal supporter of Mr. Moore — they have also begun to exasperate some supporters of Mr. Jones.

“Frankly, I think it should be produced,” said U. W. Clemon, a retired federal judge who supports Mr. Jones. “Any corroboration that will put to rest a claim that he does not know this woman would be very helpful.”

For Julie Lowe, 56, a bartender, the doubts about Ms. Allred, whom she finds “fishy,” were enough to cut through her confusion over the allegations against Mr. Moore.

“I think it’s kind of trying to sabotage him,” Ms. Lowe, an independent voter, said. “He’ll most likely get my vote.”

Ms. Allred, for her part, said that the attacks reflect attitudes about accusations of sexual misconduct, and that she did not regret the approach she has taken.

“Is it popular in some places for some people in Alabama to care about women over the denial of a powerful man?” she said. “Maybe not, O.K.? But Beverly is now empowered. The women are empowered. There’s no going back now.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...gloria-allred/ar-BBG1wjU?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

8. searcher

Jimmy Kimmel delivers scathing response to Roy Moore after their 'Twitter war'

Emily Yahr Washington Post
    December 1, 2017 9:06 AM

"I had an interesting day today," Jimmy Kimmel told his ABC late-night show audience on Thursday. "I somehow found myself in a Twitter war with Roy Moore."

This is true -- the U.S. Senate Republican nominee from Alabama fired off a couple tweets at Kimmel after "Jake Byrd" (a character on Kimmel's show played by comedian Tony Barbieri) crashed his rally at a church Wednesday. Byrd pretended to be an ardent Moore supporter and "defended" him against accusations of sexual misconduct with teen girls while he was in his 30s.

"I'm your No. 1 fan . . . does that look like the face of someone who hits on teenage girls?!" Byrd called out as he was removed from the church by security. Thursday afternoon, Moore tweeted this to Kimmel: If you want to mock our Christian values, come down here to Alabama and do it man to man.

Kimmel explained the whole situation during his monologue -- and he didn't hold back. Here's the complete transcript.

"You know, Roy Moore, this guy running for Senate in Alabama, even though multiple women accused him of hitting on them, groping them, etc., before they were 18-years-old? Well, Roy Moore is not happy with me.

What happened was, they had a rally for Roy Moore at a church in Theodore, Ala., last night. Roy is running against someone, who, as far as I know hasn't been accused of child molesting, a guy named Doug Jones. The election is on Dec. 12. Somehow, according to these new polls they released this week, Roy Moore leads Doug Jones by five or six points, which doesn't say a lot for Doug. Even though Roy Moore was reportedly so creepy around young girls, he was banned from the mall in Gadsden, Ala.

Imagine getting banned from the mall. Just think about that. No Hot Dog on a Stick for you. So they had a rally for Roy, and a number of his supporters were there and one of them just happened to be our friend Jake Byrd, who - Jake Byrd is a character who has a Forrest Gump-like knack for showing up at all the big events. If you're not familiar with his work, this is Jake at a Donald Trump rally in Dallas in 2015. (Shows footage.)

He's very passionate. So Jake got on a plane and went to Alabama last night and apparently there was an incident that resulted in him getting kicked out of the rally. We'll show you all the footage of that later. But apparently the commotion touched a nerve because today, Roy Moore lashed out at me.

He wrote, "Jimmy Kimmel, if you want to mock our Christian values, come down here to Alabama and do it man to man." I responded and he responded back and I responded again, it's all on Twitter.

But the bottom line is this: I accept the invitation. I will come down there. What I'm going to do is -- I think you're going to like this, Roy. I'm going to come to Gadsden, Alabama, with a team of high school cheerleaders, OK? We'll meet you at the mall. Don't worry, I can get you in.

And when the girls and I show up, if you can control yourself and behave, if you can somehow manage to keep little Roy in your little cowboy pants when those nubile cheerleaders come bounding in, you and I, we'll sit down at the food court, we'll have a little Panda Express and we'll talk about Christian values.

Because, and I don't know, it doesn't fit your stereotype -- but I happen to be a Christian, too. I made my first Holy Communion; I was confirmed; I pray; I support my church; one of my closest friends is a priest; I baptized my children. Christian is actually my middle name. I know that's shocking, but it's true.

So if you're open to it, when we sit down, I will share with you what I learned at my church. At my church, forcing yourself on underaged girls is a no-no. Some even consider it to be a sin. Not that you did that, of course. Allegedly.

But when you commit a sin at our church, at our church we're encouraged to confess and ask for forgiveness for the sin. Not to call the women you allegedly victimized liars and damage them even more. To confess.

But maybe your church is different. I don't know. Let's figure it out together. I'll be happy to talk it through. I would gladly sit down to interview you about it. Or maybe when you say "Come to Alabama and we'll do it man to man," maybe you're challenging me to a fight, which is kind of what it sounds like. And if you are, I accept, by the way. I accept that invitation. There is no one I would love to fight more than you. I will put my Christian values aside just for you and for that fight.

So if you are challenging me to a fight, here's what we'll do. Let's find a place to do it. I'll wear a Girl Scout uniform so you can have something to get excited about. And the winner, whoever wins the fight, will give all the money we charge for the tickets to charity. My charity will be the women who came forward to say you molested them, OK? Alright, tough guy, with your little pistol?

Roy Moore is never -- he's too scared to even debate the guy he's running against, Doug Jones. With me he wants to go man to man. Maybe if he went man to man instead of man to little girl, you wouldn't be in this situation. Allegedly. Allegedly!

I feel sorry for the people in Alabama. I go online, people posting things like this about Alabama: "They falsely accused Jesus! Vote Roy Moore." Yes, that is completely crazy. But not everyone in Alabama supports this monster. In fact, almost half the people -- I remember living in Arizona . . . I lived in Arizona in the '80s when Ed Mecham was elected governor. He was a nut, he would have fit right in with these guys today, he won with 40 percent of the vote.

And I was so embarrassed to be from there, to be from the state he was governor of, I felt I had to explain myself to everyone. I imagine that's how a lot of people in Alabama feel.

So if you do have that feeling, know that at least here in Hollywood, we don't hate Alabama. We love Alabama, so much we sent Reese Witherspoon to make a movie about you, OK? We just don't like alleged child molesters. And we hope you can see your way clear to not electing one to the Senate of the United States of America, that's all. That seems reasonable, right?

By the way, I understand if you don't, if you're a Republican, you don't want to vote for a Democrat. Just don't vote, then. You'll feel better about yourself.

So later on, we will have all of Jake Byrd's exclusive report from Alabama and you can see for yourself what Roy Moore got all worked up about."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...mel-roy-moore-twitter-war-20171201-story.html

9. BigJim#1-8

[​IMG]

Goldhedge and searcher like this.
  10. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

We're winning.

Soros Army in Alabama to Register Convicted Felons to Vote Against Roy Moore

[​IMG]
    AP/Manuel Balce Ceneta

by AARON KLEIN3 Dec 201720,563

Birmingham, ALABAMA — An organization partnered with a George Soros-financed group and led by a radical leftist who is the half-brother of the infamous controversial Rev. Al Sharpton has been diligently working over the past few weeks to register convicted felons across Alabama.
    The aim of the effort has been to get as many felons as possible on the roster before last Monday, the deadline to register in order to vote in Alabama’s Dec. 12 senate special election that pits Republican Roy Moore against Democratic challenger Doug Jones. The man spearheading the campaign has stated outright that his effort is meant to ensure a Democratic victory in Alabama.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ama-register-convicted-felons-vote-roy-moore/

11. Irons

President Trump Firms Up Support for Alabama Senate Candidate Roy Moore – “Go get ’em Roy”…
    Posted on December 4, 2017 by sundance

According to media reports President Trump and Senate Candidate Roy Moore spoke over the phone earlier this morning, with Trump expressing “enthusiastic support for Judge Moore’s candidacy” according to a statement released by the Moore campaign after the call.

[​IMG]

(Tweet Link)

“I am honored to receive the support and endorsement of President Donald Trump,” Moore said in a statement. “President Trump knows that the future of his conservative agenda in Congress hinges on this election. I look forward to fighting alongside the president to strengthen our military, secure our border, protect our gun rights, defend the sanctity of life and confirm conservative judges to courts around this nation.”

Continue reading →

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/

phoneman likes this.
  12. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

13. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Retired
    It’s interesting how mere accusations become “proof” in the court of public opinion.

I’d like to see the bank account deposits of these women accusers...

The left are known to use scummy Reichstag tactics when it comes to elections...

I’d vote for Moore simply because of it!

Especially after 40 years of silence....

Scorpio, Glasgow, Usury and 4 others like this.
  14. Irons

Shit you don't get a bigger endorsement than this. Mittens is a perpetual back stabbing loser.
    Go get 'em Judge Roy!!

Mitt Romney Says Roy Moore Would Be a Stain on the Nation … After Trump Backs the Alabama Judge

[​IMG]
    Getty Images

by SEAN MORAN4 Dec 20176,450

Failed Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney attacked Alabama Judge Roy Moore right after President Donald Trump backed More on Monday. Romney argued that having Moore in the U.S. Senate would amount to a stain on the GOP and the nation.
    Romney tweeted on Monday, “Roy Moore in the US Senate would be a stain on the GOP and on the nation. Leigh Corfman and other victims are courageous heroes. No vote, no majority is worth losing our honor, our integrity.”

[​IMG]Mitt Romney

✔@MittRomney

Roy Moore in the US Senate would be a stain on the GOP and on the nation. Leigh Corfman and other victims are courageous heroes. No vote, no majority is worth losing our honor, our integrity.

4:44 PM - Dec 4, 2017
    President Donald Trump called Moore on Monday morning, offering his support to Alabama Senate candidate. Trump’s parting words were, “Go get them Roy.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...e-nation-after-trump-backs-the-alabama-judge/

15. Krag

Krag Planet earth Platinum Bling

50-100 years ago Moore would be ok with the softcore girly accusations. They were all buried by the good ole boy networks.

If Moore gets in he might top Trump as a drama king!

searcher likes this.
  16. searcher

You beat me to it.

The RNC is all aboard too.

17. searcher

In Moore's case I'd err on the side of caution.

18. searcher

Roy Moore in anti-Semitism storm as he says Jewish billionaire George Soros will go to HELL - then suggests all non-Christians will too
    • Billionaire George Soros is a Hungarian-born Jewish U.S. citizen
    • Moore said Soros is 'not American culture'
    • Said he 'comes from another world that I don't identify with'
    • 'No matter how much money he’s got, he's still going to the same place that people who don't recognize God and morality and accept his salvation are going'
    • Moore's attack follows a Breitbart.com story that a Soros-funded 'army' was 'in Alabama to Register Convicted Felons to Vote Against Roy Moore'
    • White House says Trump 'would rather have a person that supports his agenda versus somebody who opposes his agenda every step of the way'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5149247/Roy-Moore-anti-Semitism-storm-Soros-attack.html#ixzz50QojEoh0

19. searcher

Bannon tears into Romney for working as a missionary while 'guys were dying in Vietnam rice paddies' as he says Alabama Republican and veteran Roy Moore has more integrity than the Mormon's 'entire family'
    • Steve Bannon ripped into Mitt Romney on Tuesday at a campaign rally for Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore in Fairhope, Alabama
    • The former White House chief strategist fired off on Romney who said on Twitter having 'Moore in the US Senate would be a stain on the GOP and on the nation.'
    • Bannon told the crowd that Moore 'has more honor and integrity in [his] pinky finger than your entire family has in its whole DNA.'
    • Of Romney, he also said, 'You hid behind your religion. You went to France to be a missionary while guys were dying in rice paddies.'
    • During the event, Moore did not address the allegations of sexual misconduct that he's facing but instead talked about his Christian values
    • Bannon's appearance at the rally comes a week before polling day in the state for the special election race between Democrat Doug Jones and Moore

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5149083/Moore-foe-I-fought-ensure-men-hurt-girls-jail.html#ixzz50U2CKrbF

Irons likes this.
  20. Irons

Bannon is correct, mittens romney is a self serving backstabbing cunt. No better than that senator flake guy who wrote the demonrat running against Moore a check for $100 and posted the picture online.
    I am sure there are plenty of Mormons who see right through the guy too.

Glasgow and searcher like this.
  21. searcher

You're starting to sound like me. lol

22. searcher

Holy shades of "Gone With The Wind" Batman!

Roy Moore: America Was 'Great' During 'Slavery'
    [​IMG]
    Newsweek

John Haltiwanger
    7 hrs ago

Roy Moore, the Alabama Senate candidate under fire for alleged sexual misconduct with teenage girls when he was in his 30s, apparently believes America was a better place when slavery was still legal.

At a campaign event earlier this year, an audience member asked Moore for his opinion on when the last time America was "great." Moore responded: "I think it was great at the time when families were united—even though we had slavery—they cared for one another…. Our families were strong, our country had a direction." The individual who asked the question was among the only African-Americans in attendance at the rally. In stating this, Moore seemingly implied he'd be able to overlook the enslavement of other human beings as long as families are "united," an interesting perspective from a man accused of repeatedly preying on young girls.

Moore's remarks were featured in an article from the Los Angeles Times in September but resurfaced Thursday in a viral tweet from Eric Columbus, a former Obama administration official. "Can't make this up—Roy Moore said in September that the last time America was great was when we had slavery," Columbus tweeted.

Moore's comments at the rally bring to mind President Donald Trump's slogan, "Make America Great Again," which many have interpreted as a rallying cry to incite white nationalists. Trump has controversially endorsed Moore, despite widespread condemnation and the damning allegations the Senate candidate faces. Trump reportedly said "Go get ‘em, Roy!" during a recent phone call with the candidate.

A recent Big League-Gravis poll gave Moore's Democratic opponent, Doug Jones (who isn't accused of sexually assaulting teenage girls), a slight edge over the Republican. The poll of 1,276 likely voters showed Jones leading Moore 48 percent to 44 percent. The election is on December 12.

On December 4, Trump tweeted, "Putting Pelosi/Schumer Liberal Puppet Jones into office in Alabama would hurt our great Republican Agenda of low on taxes, tough on crime, strong on military and borders...& so much more. Look at your 401-k’s since Election. Highest Stock Market EVER! Jobs are roaring back!" Indeed, Trump apparently believes a man who was reportedly banned from an Alabama mall for harassing teenage girls would be "tough on crime" and is urging voters to support him.

Beyond his views on slavery and allegations of sexual misconduct, Moore also has referred to Native Americans as "reds and yellows," has questioned former President Barack Obama's place of birth (following Trump's example) and once suggested Muslims should not be allowed to serve in Congress. In spite of all this, Moore still seems to have a shot of becoming a United States senator.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...uring-slavery/ar-BBGnmaH?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

23. FoundingFathers

FoundingFathers Founder Founding Member Site Mgr Site Supporter

Do they have this on tape or is it hearsay?

Irons likes this.
  24. Irons

I swear I am going to stop swearing brother Searcher. Tomorrow.

searcher likes this.
  25. searcher

Probably hearsay. But they are on a mission. Damn the facts...............full speed ahead!

26. searcher

Ya gotta love the way they word things.

Roy Moore and the conscience of conservatives

By E.J. DIONNE JR.
    Thursday
    Posted Dec 7, 2017 at 5:02 PM Updated Dec 7, 2017 at 5:02 PM

Just how disordered have our politics become? And how off-the-rails is the Republican Party?

The good people of Alabama will help answer these questions in next Tuesday’s special election for the U. S. Senate. The whole world will be watching them decide whether party and ideology trump decency and moderation; whether there is simply no end to the extremism Republican voters are willing to tolerate in their ranks; and whether a majority in their state believe that being a credibly accused sexual predator is better than being a Democrat.

They will also be telling us what they think the word “Christian” means.

The outcome is likely to be determined by the consciences of conservatives, and of a specific kind: Those who see Mitt Romney and Republicans like him as far more reflective of their moral sense than is Judge Roy Moore, the GOP’s ethically defective nominee whose indifference to the law led him to be removed from Alabama’s Supreme Court twice.

Steve Bannon, the former Trump Svengali who proudly peddles the ideological wares of the extreme right, inadvertently clarified the stakes at a Moore rally in south Alabama Tuesday night with a malicious and spiteful attack on Romney. The former Massachusetts governor tweeted this week that having Moore in the Senate “would be a stain on the GOP and on the nation.”

Bannon’s response? He accused Romney of avoiding service in Vietnam. He also trafficked in the anti-Mormon sentiments common among some evangelicals.

“You hid behind your religion,” Bannon said of Romney. “You went to France to be a missionary while guys were dying in rice paddies in Vietnam. Do not talk to me about honor and integrity.” (And never mind that “while guys were dying in rice paddies in Vietnam,” the president whom Bannon served also avoided the war, courtesy of five draft deferments.)

Bannon is many things, but a fool he is not. It’s no accident he linked his Vietnam attack to Romney’s missionary work, which underscored the 2012 Republican nominee’s deep commitment to Mormonism.

Thanks to Bannon, we now know that this is no longer just a race between Moore and Democrat Doug Jones, a former U.S. attorney who, depending on the poll, is either slightly behind or slightly ahead. It is, in very large part, a decision by Republicans about who they are.

It is also an important choice for devoted Christians. Do they really want their faith defined by those who tried to justify Moore’s alleged relationships with young teenagers by arguing that an interest in young girls might be explained by a desire for “a large family,” as a professor at Ouachita Baptist University wrote?

Do those saying such things not realize that they are helping to discredit the very tradition they claim to be defending? No atheist could inflict this much damage to the faith.

This is how haywire politics has gone in the Age of Trump.

Party loyalty can, it’s true, be honorable if it is about the defense of principles, and Moore’s backers say they are sticking with him to oppose abortion and multiply conservative judges.

But these rationales ring hollow given Moore’s utterly unconservative claims as a judge that his theological predilections overrode the law and his lies about not profiting from his private charity, which suggest he is a charlatan exploiting the beliefs of his supporters for his own purposes.

Both Moore and Trump play on the feelings of marginalization experienced by many cultural conservatives.

Moore’s promoters, including Bannon, want to persuade Alabama Republicans that since a Jones triumph will be taken as a rebuke to Trump, they have an obligation to fall into line. But the long-term harm to the GOP from a Moore victory will be far greater than from one lost Senate seat. Bannon is right to cast the election as being about “honor and integrity.” When it comes to these virtues, it is not a close call.

E.J. Dionne’s email address is ejdionne@washpost.com. Twitter: @EJDionne.

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes.com/opinion/20171207/roy-moore-and-conscience-of-conservatives

FoundingFathers likes this.
  27. TRYNEIN

TRYNEIN Gold Member Gold Chaser

It appears this is the quote they are referring to

I think it was great at the time when families were united
    — even though we had slavery — they cared for one another...
    Our families were strong, our country had a direction.”

As I read that, it seems as though he is denouncing the slavery

Here is the link to the article
    http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-alabama-senate-runoff-20170921-story.html

Irons, Goldhedge, BigJim#1-8 and 2 others like this.
  28. TRYNEIN

Ooops

wrong thread

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 1:23 PM
  29. searcher

30. searcher

Irons and andial like this.
  31. searcher

32. BigJim#1-8

These "people" are liberal/progressive/communists & they LIE, again they LIE.
    All they care about is their twisted ideology, they don't care if they destroy a person who disagrees, but much worse, destroy our country at any cost.
    The fear factor of Judge Moore is really amping up.

solarion likes this.
  33. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

They really have their BS playbook running full steam ahead to stop Roy Moore. ZOMG he idolizes slavery! First they try to weaponize women against him, then they try to whoop up some minority hate-r-ade for the guy.

Irons and BigJim#1-8 like this.
  34. searcher

35. BigJim#1-8

Did I ever mention that liberal/prog/commies LIE? Yes, yes, they do.

36. Irons

searcher likes this.
  37. Irons

Gloria Allred forged the rest.

EXPLOSIVE – Roy Moore Accuser Admits She Doctored The Yearbook Script – Moore Campaign Holds a Press Conference…

Posted on December 8, 2017 by sundance

Mrs. Beverly Young Nelson has finally admitted that she personally wrote a portion of the infamous high school yearbook she and her attorney Gloria Allred used as proof of her accusations against U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore. Nelson’s tenuous credibility is now entirely gone.

However, in a similar blow to credibility, ABC News, the network of Brian Ross, downplayed the bombshell by presenting the admission of forgery as adding ‘notes’ to the inscription. The ABC narrative engineer actually coaches Mrs. Nelson, putting words in her mouth, and attempting to downplay the enormous significance of her deceit.

Roy Moore presser below:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Mrs. Beverly Nelson now admits she added the signature and other material in an effort to deceive the audience.
    Roy Moore supporters hold a press conference:

TRYNEIN likes this.
  38. TRYNEIN

She only lied a little bit.
    The rest of her lie is all true.

Irons likes this.
  39. TRYNEIN

Doug Jones faces backlash over racially charged campaign flyer in Alabama

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – A racially charged campaign flyer sent to black residents in Alabama’s Senate race is provoking a social media backlash for Democratic nominee Doug Jones, who is scrambling to mobilize black voters against Republican Roy Moore ahead of Tuesday’s election.

The flyer, which has been circulating on social media and reportedly came from the Jones campaign, shows a young black man with a skeptical look on his face.

“Think if a black man went after high school girls anyone would try to make him a senator?” it reads.

Multiple people who received it have posted photos of the flyer on Twitter, with some condemning it as out of touch and insensitive.

View image on Twitter
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]bronwyn sage@KJphnson

Campaign flyer in Selma, Alabama today sent by Doug Jones for Senate Committee

11:22 AM - Dec 6, 2017
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

Michael Harriot, a writer for TheRoot.com, an African-American culture website, wrote that “it has upset black voters across Alabama.”

“Someone, probably a white man, thought that the image would resonate with black people and motivate them to get out the vote,” he said.

One Twitter user who apparently received the mailer wrote: “I just got this in the mail. This is *NOT* how do outreach to Black voters! I don’t know who thought this was going to help, but this campaign has engaged Black voters despicably.”

I just got this in the mail.

This is *NOT* how do outreach to Black voters!

I don’t know who thought this was going to help, but this campaign has engaged Black voters despicably. pic.twitter.com/76WJtkXwms

— William C. (@williamcson) December 7, 2017
    The flyer was meant as a reference to the multiple women going on record to say Moore pursued romantic relationships with them as teenagers when he was in his 30s. He denies the accusations.

Huntsville television station WHNT reported that the Jones campaign confirmed they sent the flyers.

The Jones campaign did not immediately return a request for comment from Fox News.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...cially-charged-campaign-flyer-in-alabama.html

BigJim#1-8 and Irons like this.
  40. TRYNEIN

Flabbergasted: Frank Luntz Shocked As Alabamians Back Roy Moore in Vice News Focus Group

MONTGOMERY, Alabama — Frank Luntz, a GOP establishment messaging consultant, was visibly flabbergasted as every single one of his focus group participants in a Birmingham area Vice News-produced panel backed Judge Roy Moore for U.S. Senate.

Titled “Why These Alabama Voters Are Sticking By Roy Moore,” Luntz’s Vice News focus group aired on Vice News Tonight on Dec. 8 on HBO.

“Are you all Christians here?” Luntz opens the seven-and-a-half-minute long segment. “Yes,” all of the focus group participants, who joined Luntz in a Birmingham area restaurant, replied.

“Is Roy Moore a good Christian?” he followed up.

“Yes,” one woman replied. “Absolutely,” another said.

“Absolutely?” Luntz followed up in disbelief. “Yes,” the woman shot back. “Without any doubt whatsoever?” Luntz asked again.

After some more back and forth, a man in the focus group spoke up. Scottie Porter, a real estate developer, said:

He’s not my choice, I’m not voting for him because I like him. I’m voting for him because I don’t want Doug Jones. But Roy Moore is entitled to the presumption of innocence in the law and in the Bible just like anybody else should be. There are only accusations. There have been no charges filed. All you have is a group of women who have come forward.

“How many? How many?” Luntz pressed Porter.

(Excerpt) Read more at
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ians-back-roy-moore-in-vice-news-focus-group/