1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan OPPOSES Trump Killing Obama's Executive Amnesty

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by Goldhedge, Sep 1, 2017.

1. 90%RealMoney

90%RealMoney Midas Member Midas Member

I agree. It dawned on me earlier today. This is a hot potato, for those up for re-election next year. If they do nothing, they get hammered. If they vote one way or the other, they get hammered by half their voters. I think this was a big "F" "U" to the Rino's, from the Trumpster.

gringott likes this.
  2. Rusty Shackelford

Rusty Shackelford Midas Member Midas Member

wastewater
    I am tired of hearing how DACA protects 800,000 illegals. Thats bs. It protects 3 times that number. Barry said these Dreamers were brought bought their parents. That mean at least 2 more people per Dreamer. DACA is the new anchor baby law. How many parents of Dreamers were deported?

Here is my DACA modification. If you apply for DACA, then you have to turn your parents in. To remain on DACA you have to help Gruff the Crime dog deport 1 illegal per week during your deferal time. That means 104 deportations (that you personally name) have to be kicked out for you to renew. If you dont get that done at renewal, back to your hoimeland.

gringott likes this.
  3. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

There is no anchor baby law, that is state run media BS too. Children born to illegal aliens are illegal aliens.
    Children born to foreign diplomats in the US are citizens of the country their parents represent.
    A child born while it's parents are tourists in the US is a citizen of their parents country.

Take the twisted leftist logic out of it and it isn't very complicated.

4. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    Ahhh, the good old days when laws were enforced and everyone knew it

Irons likes this.
  5. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Did he graduate????? All his records are sealed

the_shootist likes this.
  6. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Same goes for ACA , Rinos voted to repeal it multiple time when oatsama was traitor in chief because they knew he would veto it. See what happens in the primary, if these same scumbag piece of shit rinos get elected again there is no hope for this country

Irons likes this.
  7. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    Good point! That's the story anyway

8. Rusty Shackelford

wastewater

The 14th amendment says different. Anyone born here is a citizen. While the "anchor baby" thought process is not an actual law, it is in practice because the US won't separate illegal parents from the US born children in most circumstance. so by default if jose or maria were brought here at age 2 and are DACA kids, what do you think the chances the US will deport the parents of these kids?

Zip Zero Nada

9. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

BULLSHIT.

"The gist of the argument rests on the fact that the 14th Amendment requires people to be born on U.S. soil and be "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" to receive citizenship at birth, as the amendment says. To understand this point a little better, consider the example of children of foreign diplomats born in the United States. These children are not citizens because their parents have allegiance to a foreign country and not the United States -- meaning they are not subject to U.S. jurisdiction."

Some people interpret the inclusion of "jurisdiction" as requiring mutual consent for citizenship: The person and the United States have to agree that this person is eligible for citizenship. If the parent is here illegally, does the United States agree that the child should be eligible for citizenship? Congress could, according to this point of view, decide that the answer to this question is "no," rendering the 14th Amendment inapplicable to these children, without violating the Constitution.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...many-scholars-say-anchor-babies-arent-covere/

So some born here are covered under the 14th but some are not? If your parents break the law coming here you are instantly a US citizen covered by the 14th, but if your parents are visiting here legally you are not?
    Sounds pretty damn squishy to me. Illegal aliens are not recently freed slaves born and raised on US soil which is what the 14th amendment was written for.
    Congress can decide which is true without requiring another amendment and I believe this is exactly what President Trump is pushing for. We are either a country of laws that apply equally to everyone or we are a banana republic. Sessions has spent his life studying immigration laws and now he is Attorney General.

Laws are black and white. Time to call this anchor baby myth out into the open and settle it for good.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    Glasgow and gringott like this.
  10. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

11. Rusty Shackelford

wastewater
  12. searcher

Trump makes new promise to DREAMers – at Nancy Pelosi's request! – as he vows they 'have nothing to worry about' and won't be deported while Congress writes a permanent fix
    • President Donald Trump announced Tuesday he was ending the DACA program giving Congress six months to make the program permanent
    • DADA is a deportation shield for illegal immigrants who were brought to the U.S. unlawfully as children
    • House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi asked Trump on Thursday to promise so-called 'DREAMers' that they would be safe for those six months
    • Trump obliged with a tweet pledging 'no action' to deport them while Congress works on a fix

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4862744/Pelosi-gets-Trump-promise-DREAMers-safe-now.html#ixzz4s48AoV1F
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

13. searcher

I'm a 'dreamer'... One day, I hope my country calls me an American
    • By Saba Nafees
    • 8 hrs ago

I'm an American. More specifically: I'm a Texan, an entrepreneur and I'm pursuing a PhD in mathematical biology, focusing on better understanding biological data and disease. I hope to someday use math to further develop research that will cure diseases, like cancer, that take lives far too soon. I consider my work a professional calling and a scientific challenge, but also an obligation: to pay back the country that gave me the opportunity to pursue my work in the first place.

I'm also one of the more than 800,000 "dreamers" whose status was put back in limbo by the Trump administration's decision to rescind DACA -- and I just hope I'll eventually get the chance to pay my country back, and that one day, my government will call me an American, too.

Like all beneficiaries of DACA, or Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, I was brought to the United States as a child -- my parents moved from Lahore, Pakistan, to Fort Worth when I was 11. They made the courageous decision to leave the only home that they'd known because it was clear Lahore was no longer a safe place to raise my sisters and me. They chose Fort Worth because my grandparents owned a business there and lived here as American citizens.

My family and I were granted U.S. visas through proper channels, but my grandfather passed away before we arrived and my grandmother died before we could get green cards. We no longer had a family sponsor, but we stayed in Texas because it was too dangerous to go back to Pakistan. Not long after we left, terrorists bombed the Lahore apartment building we lived in. They destroyed the park we went to as children, along with the market where my mom and I once bought groceries. Young women my age who I knew as a child, who still live in Pakistan, don't know what it's like to have the limitless educational possibilities like the ones America has to offer. Given the choice, no parent would take their daughters back to such a place, and my parents were no different. But it wasn't just that we were hesitant to return to Pakistan, it was that my parents, my sister and I quickly came to think of America as our home, and ourselves as Americans.

When President Barack Obama wrote on Facebook Tuesday that dreamers "are Americans in their hearts, in their minds, in every single way but one: on paper," and that we "want to start new businesses, staff our labs, serve in our military, and otherwise contribute to the country we love," I felt like he understood exactly how I feel about my country.

Over the last few days it's been heartening that so many people all across the political spectrum have been supportive of, and empathized with, the situation in which we dreamers find ourselves. But empathy for our circumstances isn't the only reason to support DACA. I also hope our fellow Americans see that America benefits by having us here.

According to a recent Center for American Progress survey, more than 90 percent of DACA recipients are working -- 97 percent are either employed or in school. Seventy-two percent of the top 25 Fortune 500 companies employ DACA beneficiaries. Many, like me, are working and going to school. We contribute billions to the overall U.S. gross domestic product. We pay taxes. We've submitted to strict background checks to gain and renew our status, making us some of the most "vetted" members of society.

The first time I went through the DACA renewal process in 2014, I didn't receive renewal on time. I traveled to the One Young World Summit in Ireland, and I couldn't file for renewal until I returned, which then was less than 120 days before my status was due to expire. I lost my job and struggled to pay rent. Now that DACA -- which allowed me to work legally and attend school -- will be rescinded, I and others like me are counting on Congress to put us back on the path to remaining permanently in the land we call home. If they don't, I couldn't teach my students, or legally do any job, for that matter. I wouldn't have the resources to pursue my research. And I'd have nowhere to go. All I -- all we -- want is opportunity, and for our country to recognize us as the proud Americans that we already are.

My father once wrote to me: "I am always saying from the bottom of my heart, 'God Bless America.'" That we are blessed to be here. And once you know how fortunate we feel to have come to America, how could anyone doubt that what dreamers want is to contribute to this country in any way we can?

For me, the maxim that America is "a nation of immigrants" isn't a slogan -- I've lived the American Dream by being able to find my home here. And I have faith that, in the end, Americans will find a way to embrace the dreamers and officially make America our home. Though I'm not yet an American according to the law, I've been an American in my heart since I came here; and I'll continue working to make my country the best it can be.

Enjoying our content? Become a Bucks County Courier Times subscriber to support stories like these. Get full access to our signature journalism for just 44 cents a day.

Saba Nafees is a doctoral student at Texas Tech University and a One Young World ambassador.

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes....cle_7557635e-b36a-5113-bf1b-cfebbc01ecb9.html

14. hammerhead

hammerhead Not just a screen name Gold Chaser

Where did the number 800,000 come from? Are these the only documented undocumented people?

Irons likes this.
  15. Rusty Shackelford

wastewater
    Miss Nafees....you came at 11. I assume you graduated at age 18...you spent 4 years earning your undergraduate degree. 2 years earning you masters. Now you are in a doctorate program. At a minimum you have been in the US for 13 years.....why did you not persue legal status during said time??? You found plenty of time to chase your education dreams....

Glasgow, hammerhead and Irons like this.