1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Senate May Be Building Obstruction Of Justice Case Against Trump

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by searcher, Dec 3, 2017.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Top Judiciary Committee Democrat suggests Senate is building an obstruction of justice case against Trump over Comey firing
    • Sen. Dianne Feinstein said on Sunday's Meet the Press that the Senate is looking into an obstruction of justice case
    • 'That's obstruction of justice,' the Democrat said, pointing to the firing of FBI Director James Comey for refusing to 'lift the cloud of the Russia investigation'
    • Feinstein also admitted to host Chuck Todd that she had experienced an 'enough is enough' moment with President Trump about a month ago
    • Unlike California Democrat Tom Steyer, a party donor who could hop into the Senate race, Feinstein indicated she wasn't ready to support impeachment
    • 'I believe it's time for us to finish our investigation and I don't want to bias any part of the investigation with premature thinking,' she said

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5141567/Feinstein-Senate-building-obstruction-case-against-Trump.html#ixzz50F4xxjYu
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

2. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    Traitors! The communist jews like Feinstein in government are the real enemy of the people!

3. Buck

Buck Fabian Society Gold Chaser

She's so full of crap, she can't see straight
    She probably went on the program just to spread the manure and "premature thinking"?
    How about "current thinking" you bitch!

phoneman and Son of Gloin like this.
  4. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

bs,

more fake newz brought to gim...................

Goldhedge likes this.
  5. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

WHERES SESSIONS?? ALL PUBS ARE RINOS , NEED TO DECLARE MARTIAL LAW ASAP, ACTIVATE RESERVES, DEEP STATE OUT OF CONTROL

TAEZZAR and madhu like this.
  6. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Jeff is busy checking bathroom stalls for high skool kids smoking grass. Ya know...important stuff.

Far from out of control, I think the deep state slimebags are losing their grip. I believe we're supposed to be at war with Syria and Iran by now.

FoundingFathers, andial and searcher like this.
  7. searcher

Trump tweets about Russia probe spark warnings from lawmakers

Roberta Rampton, Karen Freifeld
    5 Min Read
    December 3, 2017 / 4:02 PM / Updated 24 minutes ago

WASHINGTON/NEW YORK (Reuters) - A series of tweets by U.S. President Donald Trump about the investigation into contacts between his 2016 campaign and Russia prompted concerns on Sunday among both Democratic and Republican lawmakers, with Republican Senator Lindsey Graham saying Trump could be wading into “peril” by commenting on the probe.

“I would just say this with the president: There’s an ongoing criminal investigation,” Graham said on the CBS program “Face the Nation.”

“You tweet and comment regarding ongoing criminal investigations at your own peril,” he added.

On Sunday morning, Trump wrote on Twitter that he never asked former FBI Director James Comey to stop investigating Michael Flynn, the president’s former national security adviser - a statement at odds with an account Comey himself has given.

That tweet followed one on Saturday in which Trump said: “I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President (Mike Pence) and the FBI.”

Legal experts and some Democratic lawmakers said if Trump knew Flynn lied to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and then pressured Comey not to investigate him, that could bolster a charge of obstruction of justice.

Trump’s attorney, John Dowd, told Reuters in an interview on Sunday that he had drafted the Saturday tweet and made “a mistake” when he composed it.

“The mistake was I should have put the lying to the FBI in a separate line referencing his plea,” Dowd said. “Instead, I put it together and it made all you guys go crazy. A tweet is a shorthand.”

Dowd said the first time the president knew for a fact that Flynn lied to the FBI was when he was charged.

Dowd also clouded the issue by saying that then-Acting U.S. Attorney General Sally Yates informed White House counsel Don McGahn in January that Flynn told FBI agents the same thing he told Pence, and that McGahn reported his conversation with Yates to Trump. He said Yates did not characterize Flynn’s conduct as a legal violation.

Dowd said it was the first and last time he would craft a tweet for the president.

”I’ll take responsibility,” he said. “I’m sorry I misled people.”

Yates did not respond to an email seeking comment, and a lawyer for McGahn did not respond to requests for comment.

The White House also did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

‘CONTINUAL TWEETS’

The series of tweets came after a dramatic turn of events on Friday in which Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his conversations last December with Russia’s then-ambassador in Washington, Sergei Kislyak, just weeks before Trump entered the White House.

Flynn also agreed to cooperate with prosecutors delving into contacts between Trump’s inner circle and Russia before the president took office.

Senator Dianne Feinstein, the top Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee, said she believed the indictments in the investigation so far and Trump’s “continual tweets” pointed toward an obstruction of justice case.

“I see it most importantly in what happened with the firing of Director Comey. And it is my belief that that is directly because he did not agree to lift the cloud of the Russia investigation. That’s obstruction of justice,” Feinstein said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

“The president knew he (Flynn) had lied to the FBI, which means that when he talked to the FBI director and asked him to effectively drop this case, he knew that Flynn had committed a federal crime,” Adam Schiff, senior Democrat on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, told the ABC program “This Week.”

The Russia matter has dogged Trump’s first year in office, and this weekend overshadowed his first big legislative win when the Senate approved a tax bill.

Flynn was the first member of Trump’s administration to plead guilty to a crime uncovered by Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian attempts to influence the 2016 U.S. election and potential collusion by Trump aides.

Russia has denied meddling in the election and Trump has said there was no collusion.

Comey, who had been investigating the Russia allegations, was fired by Trump in May. He told the U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee in June he believed his dismissal was related to the Russia probe, and said Trump asked him to end the investigation of Flynn.

“I never asked Comey to stop investigating Flynn. Just more Fake News covering another Comey lie!” Trump said on Twitter on Sunday.

On CBS, Graham criticized Comey, saying he believed the former FBI director made some “very, very wrong” decisions during his tenure. But Graham also said Trump should be careful about his tweets.

“I’d be careful if I were you, Mr. President. I’d watch this,” Graham said.

Reporting by Roberta Rampton in Washington and Karen Freifeld in New York; Additional reporting by David Morgan and Susan Cornwell in Washington; Writing by Roberta Rampton and Caren Bohan; Editing by Mary Milliken and Peter Cooney

Our Standards:The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...e-spark-warnings-from-lawmakers-idUSKBN1DX0TY

8. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    Traitors, every one of them! Vermin that needs to be eradicated!

hammerhead and TAEZZAR like this.
  9. hammerhead

hammerhead Not just a screen name Gold Chaser

It has become increasingly difficult to tell what bits and pieces of any topic that are found on the internet that really matters. Click bait most of it.

phoneman and searcher like this.
  10. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    I must agree GIM2 bro!

11. solarion

They're trying to isolate the president by perpetually attacking his inner circle of advisers. Don't tweet, don't talk, don't communicate at all...just shut up Mr. President and let us frame the narrative.
    Is there a more repulsive piece of garbage in the Senate than this neocon traitor? ...only his girlfriend Johnny McCain comes close imo. It was fun watching Linda's head explode every time Trump reached another milestone on his way to the presidency.

stonedywankanobe, phoneman and andial like this.
  12. searcher

Fake news...........two words that some people use as a defense when they don't like something they hear or read that they don't like or agree with. Funny, a whole lotta people using it since Trump made it popular. If the media comes out with something he doesn't like it's fake news. And the truth be damned.

Trump has an odd way of looking at things. He believes people should believe everything that he says or tweets. Things simply don't work that way. No one owes him anything.

I voted for him but that was it. Since being elected he has shown himself to be someone I would rather not see in power and it would not surprise me if he isn't impeached or he resigns.

Wonder what'll happen next?

gnome likes this.
  13. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    I've flipped flopped back and forth on this topic searcher, at this moment I stand at trusting him and not allowing what's happening along the way to change that thinking. I believe one could call that faith. I'm not a big 'faith' person but in this case I'll play that card! It's got a better upside than your viewpoint searcher my friend, and just as much to lose! I'm seeing a lot over the past couple of days that encourages me.

searcher likes this.
  14. hammerhead

hammerhead Not just a screen name Gold Chaser

I miss somebody tucking me in and reading me a good night story sometimes but I do not think I will ever regret what has come about with Donald John Trump being elected as the 45th President of the United States. With all the craziness that has come about over this showing how many how bad the media and our government really is. Keep mixing it up Mr. President.

viking, itsamess and the_shootist like this.
  15. solarion

To each their own I guess. I didn't vote for the POTUS, mostly due to his apparent disregard for the 4th Amendment, due process in general, and his comments about how he favors the use of torture to extract information.

Since that time however I've been amazed at how much damage this one man has been able to unleash on an entrenched deep state oligarchy. The false left right paradigm is being exposed in a way that even the most apathetic of tax slaves can see. Heck the RINO senate majority leader actually funded a project to prevent another red team candidate from picking up a vacated seat...and Trump is on the right side of that battle...imo. Political correctness and identity politics are FINALLY dying! ...and yes I give our president a huge amount of credit for that.

I often find the president's behavior to be petty, crude, and self involved. I also think he may be precisely what we needed at this time.

viking, gnome, itsamess and 3 others like this.
  16. searcher

-Trump has followed in both Bush's & Obama's footsteps in the middle east.
    -He claimed he had a big beautiful heath care plan that every one would love. He didn't have squat.
    -He claimed he was gonna build a big wall and Mexico would pay for it. I heard and posted a vid of him begging the president of Mexico to stop saying that Mexico wasn't gonna pay for any wall because the news media here in America would report on it and it made him look bad.
    -He said he had a great tax plan that everyone would love. In the long run the only people who will love it are the very wealthy peeps who donated big bucks to him and the other bought and paid for republicans.
    -He said he would drain the swamp. I really haven't seen too much of that but I have seen some of his own personal swamp critters looking like crooks and traitors.

I wonder what'll happen after Flynn and a few others sing?

solarion and hammerhead like this.
  17. solarion

You'll note that I said I'm pleased with what Trump is breaking...not with what he's building. He spends a huge amount of his time fighting with RINOs...which is great imo as it makes it clear that those RINOs have no interest in helping anybody but themselves. He hasn't been pushing hard for an invasion of Syria at least and we haven't invaded any new nations(that I know of) since he has been in the oval office.
    My guess is nothing. If the bumbling fools at justus had anything real on Flynn they wouldn't bother with their silly "he lied to us" charge...which coincidentally is precisely why the president fired him. Lying.

searcher likes this.
  18. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Retired
    The assumption from the left is that Comey WAS investigating...

solarion likes this.
  19. solarion

Yeah, I heard he wrote himself a memo about what Trump allegedly said in a private meeting with him and then leaked that memo to the press. We truly are living in a cartoon world.

phoneman likes this.
  20. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

exactly, and you have been posting tirelessly every hit piece of drivel that is on the net for quite some time now.

very little of it substantiated, with little regard that others may not have your same zeal for the toilet paper reporting

21. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    I regret that I have but one like to give to this post!

anywoundedduck likes this.
  22. searcher

Point taken.

23. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Senates playing with fkin lego blocks, they cant build shit

solarion and the_shootist like this.
  24. searcher

Probably right but there's a good bit of talk about it on tv. Be interesting to see what happens if comes to fruition.