1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Shall we bake the $20 cake for silver???????????

Discussion in 'Purchasing Precious Metals' started by southfork, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Howdy

Howdy Silver Member Silver Miner

I went and bought another 500 troy ounces of .999 generic silver rounds from my local coin/bullion shop today. 17.95 each. I took physical possession immediately. $1.30 an ounce over spot is the best they would do for that volume.
    I figure if Spot does go to $14 like some here say, I probably won't be able to buy any actual physical silver for much less than that anyway.
    There are better deals on ebay and online dealers, but taking immediate physical possession is worth a few cents more to me.
    I have a lot more dry powder and if it does drop farther, I'll buy whatever I can find if any. Having dry powder....money in the bank....is much scarier than the thought of silver dropping another buck or two.

solarion likes this.
  2. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Nice. I went with a mix of assorted year eagles for 19.33 each and generic rounds for 17.77 from silver.com this last time. Was delivered in a flash and looks beautiful.

Obviously I'll let you guys know which skips better next time I go boating.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    Howdy likes this.
  3. goldielox1

goldielox1 Silver Miner Seeker

People always seem so happy to see silver go up. I love to see it wallowing and dropping. I keep adding moar the longer the banksters keep it down. Each $16 purchase is like a locking in a 6-fold or more profit in just a few short years.

skychief likes this.
  4. solarion

The price of paper silver doesn't even come close to keeping up with the rate of inflation. The fraud couldn't possibly be moar overt at this point. Fake fed "money" is down another .3 today...in addition to the 4% drop over the past couple months and silver has done nothing but fall during that time.

andial and Uglytruth like this.
  5. goldielox1

In the long run both metals have kept up with inflation quite nicely. $20 Au and $.50 Ag from 1930 is now 6200% and 3300%. If you cut off the two big bubbles (1980 and 2012) the graph is almost a perfect line with real dollar purchasing power.

6. solarion

I see, so you just go back to when we were on a bi-metalic standard and the price was fixed by gumbymint. Why 1930 though? I mean if you use 1934 you can avoid the 70% drubbing the dollar took when FDR scammed US gold owners. I mean if you're going to cherry pick data...might as well do it up right.

...then you just neatly lop off the two spikes in precious metal prices because "bubble". lol Guess what else just happened to be in a bubble in 1980? Imagine that. ...damn those Hunt brothers and their interest rate pumping. lol

[​IMG]

Weird eh? It's almost as if the metals were signaling something.

Then in 2011 following the global financial collapse the metals again began to do what they're supposed to do, but the banksters slammed them down with their counterfeit paper scams. This in no way changes the simple fact that so many "dollars" have been created that the metals should both be multiples ahead of where they are now. ...like so:

[​IMG]

...and of course you have bankster after bankster flat out admitting that they rigged metal prices for decades, but we should just ignore that because banksters are always turning themselves in for crimes.

...and just for giggles, why did Nixon take us out of Bretton Woods in 1971 anyway? Could it be that far more receipts for gold(dollars) were printed than the US had to back them with? hmmm....

...then there's Kennedy and Johnson giving silver money the boot. Gosh I wonder why they'd do that. Seems like the kind of thing you'd only do if you wanted to dramatically debase a currency without the annoying restraints of a physical commodity holding your printing presses back. I know...I know, crazy talk.

No, the metals have flat out sucked at keeping up with the printing presses. Weird how derivatives conjured out of nothing and sold as a commodity will do that.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    andial likes this.
  7. Uglytruth

Uglytruth Gold Member Gold Chaser

Great point about laying the ground work 10 years earlier for Nixon to pull out........ but if Kennedy was killed because he wanted to bring back the greenbacks ...... that don't add up.

QUESTION: When did paper metal start trading?

8. solarion

One doesn't have much to do with the other imo. Kennedy granted his treasury secretary broad discretionary powers with EO11110. The secretary could then choose to print silver certificates(which Kennedy discouraged), US Notes(which were produced), or FRNs. Since US Notes are limited to $300m in circulation at any given time and Kennedy wanted silver certificates phased out, the majority of new currency was inevitably going to be FRNs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_11110

I don't know exactly when silver options/futures became available at the Crimex & LBMA, that's something I'd have to look up, but they aren't new. The SLV ETF scam has only been around since the mid 2000s.

Of course banksters have now admitted to rigging the London silver "fix" which has been around for over 100 years.

Howdy and Uglytruth like this.
  9. solarion

Look at the action just today in our fake phony and false markets. The US dollar is at a fresh 9 month low today, which obviously means assets denominated in dollars are rising right?

[​IMG]

Well no, apparently not. Both gold and silver have done nothing but fall in dollar terms since the almighty petro dollar's recent high on April 7. The way to accomplish this is to counterfeit the metals via derivatives and dump them on the market.

Hopefully we can finally dispense with the silly argument that the metals move inversely to the dollar. They clearly do not when the market is rigged.

#48Fan and Howdy like this.
  10. skychief

skychief enthusiastic stacker Silver Miner

Musician
    Two Universal Rules to Precious Metals:

1) If you don't hold it, you don't own it.

2) There are no other rules.

:drive by:

Howdy, solarion and Cigarlover like this.
  11. Uglytruth

They control the market, you don't think they play it both ways and capture that $5 gold both ways and that 0.20 silver both ways? They know how much and when it is going to move. Your not going to beat them at their own game when they have the weighted dice.

Easy money when they control the game...... call it what is it....... very very fake markets....... fake crude....... fake metals....... fake stocks....... fake, fake, fake

arminius, Howdy and solarion like this.
  12. Cigarlover

Cigarlover Gold Member Gold Chaser

The silver market is a billion ozes a year. Less than 17 billion worth. Some day maybe China can step up to the plate and just start buying every long call option and every futures contract out there. When they do silver will be at 1000 in no time. Of course that would probably never happen though..

13. goldielox1

Since the gov was forbidden to print money without something backing it before 1933, that's why I just picked a date around that time. If you want to pick 1932, 1931, 1929, 1928, it doesn't matter. Even if you pick a date after 1933, the point still holds. It has performed very well relative to inflation. Is it manipulated now? Yes, which is great for intelligent people that are locking in immediate profits before the inevitable correction.

Were there bubbles that burst a few times? Yes. But that doesn't affect whether its underlying value moves with inflation in the long run.

Your interest rate graph actually makes a case that the bubble was Ag doing its job. Skyrocketing rates would send Ag parabolic. Those same rates coming back down would signal the threat of hyperinflation is over and Ag would come back down. We could argue the cause of either, but it's really not germane to the point which was that metals are a good long-run inflation hedge.

14. Howdy

Howdy Silver Member Silver Miner

With silver down again today, I picked up another 500 generic rounds of .999 silver for 17.40 an ounce at my local coin shop. Spot plus $1.20.
    I can sleep better knowing my wealth isn't tied up in paper FRN's. Any silver I buy at under 18 seems like a safe bet.

15. solarion

Nice! I went with JMbullion this time. Got myself a stack of generic rounds and got a starter pack as a gift for my kiddo. The starter pack is 10 10z rounds at spot + free shipping...16.25 an ounce.

skychief likes this.
  16. skychief

Musician
    Stay the course. These stupid-low prices won't last forever. Keep buying. $16 is the floor. Booyah.

solarion likes this.
  17. solarion

I ain't goin' newhere. I've stacked a lot of boat anchors during white copper's latest tour of the teens. I like the stuff, cuz it skips across the water better than rocks.

Banksters can KMA...buncha fegs.

18. stAGgering

stAGgering Silver Miner Seeker

Would you be truly surprised if $16 became the ceiling instead of the floor ?
    We have ALLLLL summer to investigate the $15 family room.
    If we are lucky, the basement stairs will not be stumbled down.
    Several big'un metal investors referred to testing the 100/1 silver/gold ratio or close proximity again.
    Something must move and we have not seen USD or gold grasping paranoia yet.
    Red sky in the morning, sailors heed warning.
    Red sky at night, sailors delight.
    I'd say looking eastward, from the the western world, no AM blue sky.

19. skychief

Musician
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was the ceiling and the floor. Silver has been remarkably stable since 2014. I expect silver to be around $16 in December.

Sure - it could dip into the $15s. Hope it does. Moar reason to buy moar silver.

No tumbling down the Basement stairs. It shouldn't go below the price to mine it. AFAIK, that would be around $14/Oz

That only happened once, AFAIK [1991?]. Its really hard to achieve and maintain.

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." -- Yogi Berra

20. platinumdude

platinumdude Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Looks like it did a flash crash to $14.70

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

andial likes this.
  21. Silver Art

Silver Art Silver Art Bar collector Platinum Bling

Silver Art Bar Hoor
    It apparently went as low as $14.27 (based on kitco page) before it made a lightning quick reversal. It happened between 7PM - 7:10 PM EST. JPM must have took a huge paper dump on the DOG to try to push it down but only succeeded for about 10 minutes before it quickly recovered. This is just a WAG on my part.

EDIT: I am glad that you saw this too and it was not just my imagination.

andial likes this.
  22. platinumdude

platinumdude Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

You should of had your buy order in ready to go and execute. What is your guess for this year's low?

23. Silver Art

Silver Art Silver Art Bar collector Platinum Bling

Silver Art Bar Hoor
    I was staring at some of my '70's silver art bars that I had beside my computer for a long while and I was not paying attention and as a result, I was caught unprepared for the $1.73 flash crash. Bummer..............

24. goldielox1

Everytime there's a fat finger, I open up my fat wallet to buy moar!

25. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Went to Fun show yesterday www.funtopics.com picked up some rounds at 16 per ounce, cheapest in the place, many wanted 2/3 over melt for generic

#48Fan likes this.
  26. stAGgering

December expectation, daring to say.
    I expected greater volatility, USD based by December.
    So, we already are in the $15's , not surprised.
    Mining cost is primarily oil price. If oil cost lessens so does mining.
    The $14 figure is not definitive for all mines and many are currently operating at loss.
    When we briefly witnessed silver's downward spike, the silver/gold ratio tagged 85/1.
    Only 15 to go in order to touch 100/1.
    Such does not look so far away anymore.
    Not quite as distant as Silver for $20 an ounce.
    Deal of the Decade is approaching... maybe.

27. goldielox1

It seemed like they had to work super hard to get under $16. What were there like 3 fat fingers in the last month? I was watching pretty carefully because I wanted to buy more. Given how hard that was for them, I have doubts they'll be able to push it under $15 which I would guess probably has even more resistance than $16 did.

28. skychief

Musician
    Waiting for $14. I'll borrow the brother-in-law's pickup truck when it happens. Hoorah.

29. goldielox1

You may not get there. We've only been down to the $14 level one time in the last 7 years. That lasted just a couple months and was a year and a half ago.

30. Mr Paradise

Mr Paradise Midas Member Midas Member

GSR 79-1 as of post .....time to buy some Ag has cometh.

31. louky

louky Silver Member Silver Miner

Nope, you are seeing things. Comex reversed all trades below 15.40ish

:belly laugh::belly laugh:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  32. stAGgering

"Tick tock the wicked witch...."
    Ain't dead.
    Oohh it feels good knowing Tuesday morning smackdown is back.
    "Sm sm smack it real good" - Salt-n- Pepper
    All normal now.
    Move along, nothing to see here, move along.
    Unless your BUYING !

33. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Might put the oven on low for 17

34. goldielox1

I've noticed the up movements have been pretty forceful. For once it's been going up faster than it went down.

35. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Twenty this week.

36. Uglytruth

Will the China exchange ever be able to overcome the London & Comex manipulation?

37. savvydon

savvydon Gold Member Gold Chaser

...give or take ;)

andial likes this.
  38. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Mebe nineteen.

39. savvydon

savvydon Gold Member Gold Chaser

40. goldielox1

17.20 (Seventeen-twenty)?