1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Short Study Concludes Silver Act's as Anti-Depressant

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by newmisty, Jun 27, 2011.

1. newmisty

newmisty Duppy Conqueror Midas Member

Today was a stereotypical Monday. :banghead: After a busy, tiring weekend followed by little sleep, this morning had all the makings of a lame and unproductive day. I was supposed to work today and take tomorrow off but changed plans after feeling I was coming down with the symptoms of that mysterious Asian disease...(dragon a--). It has been many weeks since I have felt so tired and I was in no mood and have way too much to do for this kind of start to the week!

I sat in front of the computer for a few hours getting nothing done but some casual browsing and feeble attempts at motivating myself. I finally got out to start my errands, two hours later than planned, still feeling like a lead body with a feather pillow head.

That all changed while I was at the bank making a deposit. I was standing there kinda bummed out that it took me until 3pm to get to the bank and PO. While the teller was taking what seemed to be 5 minutes with my checks, I thought to look in her coin tray for any halves. I actually had to kind of tip toe and weave my head to get a glance at the tray with all the banking paraphernalia she had in between us. Indeed, just one lowly half dollar perched toward the end of the tray the edge indistinguishable because of the way the shadows were cast.

When the teller finished my transaction and asked if there was anything else, I said: "Yes, I'll take that half dollar there. And do you have any two's?" "Yes 7", she replied.
    She asked if I wanted an envelope and after affirming, she packaged up the lot and off I went.

At this point my mind was on the fun little gamble about whether it was going to be silver or not. 40%? 90%? 0%... My feather pillow head was a bit closer to normal as a tiny bit of excitement got my juices flowing. As soon as I got to the car, I popped the half out and sure enough, a 1964 90% Kennedy. $.50 for an antidepressant that is worth much more intrinsically and also doesn't get consumed! Thanks so much for lunch Mr. Banker! :565:

The rest of the day had no choice but to go better and I was looking forward to sharing with anyone who cared. I know it's not a big deal on the surface, but sometimes winning those little battles can give us the strength we need to keep fighting the war.

Today my little token of silver did just that and for that I am thankful. I am also thankful to my GIM friends for lending an ear and sharing the many lessons and stories that keep us coming back.

Thanks for reading.

2. Solo

Solo Midas Member Midas Member

Congrats on your luck and thanks for sharing :D !

newmisty likes this.
  3. glockngold

glockngold Gold Member Gold Chaser

How cool is that!

4. ME Co.

ME Co. Silver Member Silver Miner

Colorful writing. HH Mark

newmisty and Solo like this.
  5. Thornapple

Thornapple Gold Member Gold Chaser

Anywhere you can find it! Grats!

6. elroy

elroy Silver Member Silver Miner

I know the feeling, the wife unit snagged a silver eagle at a yard sale 2 weeks ago.

$20 with a presentation case. YEE HAA!!!

Wife asked the lady having the sale how much $$ ?

The lady replies " I think he wanted $20"

Wife throws a twenty on the table and hauls ass.

7. newmisty

newmisty Duppy Conqueror Midas Member

Thanks, I felt I had to put my energy somewhere. :)