1. Stocks continue to roll off recent highs, while metals catch a bid
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Thu Morning! Gold is up 6.6 to 1252, and Silver is up 17 to 16.55. Crude is up 26 to 4279. The USD is flat at 9721
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/10/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1271.40-- DOWN 8.80 Silver $17.22-- DOWN 30 Oil $45.83-- DOWN 1.83 USD $97.01 -- UP 37 TICS
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Silver.com, anyone have any experience with them?

Discussion in 'PM Dealer Feedback' started by Ragnarok, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Ragnarok

Ragnarok I'd rather be Midas Member

On the comparesilverprices.com site, there is a "silver.com" company listed that at the moment has the best listed silver price on many items. I am not familiar with this dealer, have not seen a poll thread for this dealer, anyone have any experience at all with them?

Not affiliated with them in any way,
    R.

2. Usury

Usury Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

I've been wondering this myself....especially since their prices have been whooping others on some items. However, I can't find anyone with any experience to share. And the BBB website from Dallas shows that their file on them was just opened this month and already has one complaint. So I'm going to chalk this up in the "...if it sounds too good to be true..." category and avoid them for now. Hopefully if someone else is willing to take a chance and share their experiences with us we'll have more to go on.

Ragnarok likes this.
  3. Thecrensh

Thecrensh Gold Member Gold Chaser

I don't know if a single BBB complaint carries much weight. I work at a restaurant, and I see how people complain about the least little thing (such as an errant tomato on their sandwich) & put it all over facebook telling everyone about how horrible we are as a restaurant.

D-FENZ likes this.
  4. SilverCity

SilverCity Gold Member Gold Chaser

retired aerospace
    Ya gotta spend $3000 to get free shipping. Kinda puts the kibosh on doing a little nibblin'...

SC

5. gliddenralston

gliddenralston Gold Member Gold Chaser

I'd like to know too, but I don't want to be the first fish fried trying to find out. better to pay a little more and not have to be stressed out.

Usury likes this.
  6. Usury

EXACTLY....I was thinking of a small cc order to feel them out, but with the increased cc fees (>4% IIRC) and shipping, I can get it much cheaper at JMB.

7. Usury

If they had been in business for 5 years then I probably wouldn't pay too much attention to a single complaint or two. However, the BBB file and lack of other information available leads me to believe these guys just opening their doors recently (like in the past couple of months) and it's alarming that they already have a BBB complaint. I also tried to cal the TX Secretary of State's office to find out more about the company (how long they've been incorporated, etc), but they have no listing for Silver.com. That doesn't necessarily mean anything either, but it's disturbing that nowhere on their website do they say how long they've been in business nor do they disclose their corporate name.

I'm with gliddenralstrom....don't want to be the first fish to get fried.

Perhaps if they offered a promotional sale (no shipping on orders $300 and up and/or reduced cc fees) to create an incentive to try them out they might get more traction and could get some public feedback. At this point I feel like I'm considering doing business with an ebay seller with absolutely zero feedback history that wants me to mail them cash for payment? I'm sorry but it's too risky from my perspective.

If anyone else has any experience, please do share.

Thecrensh and Ragnarok like this.
  8. jmbullion

jmbullion JM Bullion Rep Site Supporter Mother Lode

Hi - just wanted to chime in and note that we assist with operating this site, and share some resources between the two brands. Although Silver.com only launched a few months ago it shares management staff with JMB and has serviced thousands of customers so far. You can be assured this is a legitimate brand and I'd be happy to answer any questions about the site.

9. louky

louky Silver Member Silver Miner

Already been stated, but unless you are buying bulk to get free ship, then the advertised prices are not what you'll actually pay per ounce.

10. argentos

argentos Former Boat Owner Gold Chaser

Retired
    I see their corporate headquarters is in the UPS Store. I can't quite work out what a UPS Store is?
    signed
    A Ignorant Foreigner.

11. Usury

Ok here's a few:

What is the registered corporate (and/or individual) owner name of silver.com business and what state(s) are it registered in?

How exactly is this corp affiliated with JMB?

How long has Silver.com been in business?

Is the operational management team the same for both companies? What about ownership?

Do they ONLY sale items already in stock? Where is this stok held? For that matter what about JMB's stock?

What's the scoop on the BBB complaint?

Why doesn't the about us page tell more details about ownership, time in business, etc?

Who runs the day to day operations?

Where are its operations physically located?

Why is its address on the website a UPS store (presuming argentos is correct)?

Are there other affiliations between JMB, Silver.com, their owners, comparesilverprices.com, their owners and any other advertisers/dealers on comaresilverprices.com's website? If so, what are these affiliations? Is there common control and/or ownership?

What controls does silver.com and JMB take if any to protect and secure the identity, bank/cc info and any other info of its customers?

Is any customer info shared? If so, with whom and for what purposes?

How many customers/transactions have Silver.com completed YTD and for what quantity of silver/gold?

Presuming common control/ownership, why would JMB also operate under a different company name?

Is either JMB or Silver.com or any of their owners, officers or affiliates currently under investigation by any federal, state or local law enforcement, attorney general, regulatory, DA, BBB or other agency? If so, what are the details?

Has JMB, Silver.com, or any owners, officers or affiliates EVER failed to timely deliver on a PM order or deliver/pay/settle a futures or other contract? If so, what are the details?

To be honest, finding out JMB is affiliated with Silver.com is more alarming to me about JMB rather than relieving any Silver.com concerns. I hope you can answer these questions honestly and that your answers will give me some peace of mind considering the recent JMB order that I placed.

Thanks

12. Usury

Appears JMB address is also a UPS store? And their payment address is a lockbox address to a PO Box shared with TONS of other companies? OMG....who is actually opening the mail and depositing the checks? Is it even a JMB employee?

13. Usury

Here's another...

Is there any affiliation between the owners, officers or employees at JMB and/or silver.com and any of the founders/owners/admins of this website (goldismoney2.com)? If so, what are the details?

14. argentos

argentos Former Boat Owner Gold Chaser

Retired
    He is correct, or he thinks he is. smug.gif

capture.jpg

Capture2.jpg

Capture3.jpg

Attached Files:

15. jmbullion

Thank you for your response. I will answer the questions I can - while mentioning that some of the questions concern reasonably private business information and ownership details that we can't or won't disclose. Just like most other privately held companies, our ownership groups have their desires for privacy and I am not privileged to release certain details.

And just saw the two other questions....

Appears JMB address is also a UPS store? And their payment address is a lockbox address to a PO Box shared with TONS of other companies? OMG....who is actually opening the mail and depositing the checks? Is it even a JMB employee?

Same response as above, security measure. Regarding the payment address, that is a lockbox location controlled by our bank itself. This allows the bank to directly deposit the checks and communicate payment information to us in a secure manner. It is a far safer and more reliable method of processing paper checks than actually receiving them to our offices, opening each letter, signing each check, and remote scanning them or driving them to the bank.

Is there any affiliation between the owners, officers or employees at JMB and/or silver.com and any of the founders/owners/admins of this website (goldismoney2.com)? If so, what are the details?

None whatsoever. JMB pays to advertise/sponsor the top right ticker, that is the only relationship.

Thecrensh and Mr Paradise like this.
  16. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Thanks JMB for answering all of his questions,

Just for the record, every transaction I have had with JMB has been flawless, and there is currently another in process.

and also for the record, apmex also has various entities that we know about, and others I may not know about,

It is a common practice with companies guys,

Cigarlover likes this.
  17. #48Fan

#48Fan Silver Member Silver Miner

I have a question. What is the deal with people on the internet not knowing the difference between "sell" and "sale". It's not just here, it's on every friggin website I visit, it seems.

18. Annie

Annie Silver Member Silver Miner

Full time scooter trash.
    A failed education system?

19. goboys8

goboys8 New Member

Hello All,

My Experience with Silver.com

To be honest I had reservations mainly for being a first time buyer of Silver through the internet, but I used a sock drawer CC with $500 limit just in case. I bought 5x2014 1 oz Silver Mexican Libertad Coins (BU), 5x1 oz NTR Metals Buffalo Silver Rounds (New) at a great price (cheaper and a lot more selection than my LCS) from Silver.com

Ordered: Sept. 20th @ 10 pm with CC

SHIPPING DETAILS (In My Account Section)

Your item was delivered at 2:31 pm on September 24, 2014 in EL PASO, TX
    - Out for Delivery, September 24, 2014, 8:05 am, EL PASO, TX
    - Sorting Complete, September 24, 2014, 7:55 am, EL PASO, TX
    - Arrived at Post Office, September 24, 2014, 4:43 am, EL PASO, TX
    - Departed USPS Facility, September 24, 2014, 2:16 am, EL PASO, TX
    - Arrived at USPS Facility, September 24, 2014, 12:12 am, EL PASO, TX
    - Departed USPS Origin Facility, September 22, 2014, 11:21 pm, ANAHEIM, CA
    - Arrived at USPS Origin Facility, September 22, 2014, 10:01 pm, ANAHEIM, CA
    - Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility, September 22, 2014, 8:46 pm, IRVINE, CA
    - Shipping Label Created, September 22, 2014, 5:35 am, IRVINE, CA

I love the Mexican Libertad's (3 were perfect, the other 2 has very minor coin to coin nicks...The NTR Buffalos were shiny with No Issues)

I'm definitely using Silver.com again.

Chris

Ragnarok likes this.
  20. smooth

smooth Gold Member Gold Chaser

When did the Silver.com sight go live?
    Thanks smooth.

21. Usury

JMB, thank you for taking time to respond and provide clarification. I must say though that I still don't understand the need to withhold the corporate entity behind silver.com. Don't want hand out the individual owners names and addresses? I get that...but not the business name.

22. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    Thanks for answering the questions JMB.

23. gliddenralston

gliddenralston Gold Member Gold Chaser

Why can silver,com sell cheaper than JMB, if there affiliated and owned by the same people? why would JMB compete with it self?

24. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

From what I see I thought it pretty obvious,

JMB has free shipping all orders, shipping cost has to come from somewhere

Silver.com has a shipping charge under $3000

2 different methodologies

Now I certainly don't know but it seems as though JMB is set up to help everyone including the small fry orders,

Whereas the focus of silver.com will be larger transactions

I think you are going to see a number of outfits trying to capitalize on the exodus of Tulving and others from the market. I see it, and can appreciate it for what it is.

JMO of course

25. johnsent

johnsent New Member

Just had my first experience with silver.com.

On black friday they had OPM rounds for $16.38 (cash price). I placed an order for 100 and sent my check on saturday 11/29. The order arrived yesterday. No problems with packaging. Shipping was $12.95 which made the final cost $16.51 per ounce.

Based on my experience I will order from them again when the price is right.

26. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Gold Member Gold Chaser

This smells. All testimonials are from brand new members, ok.

27. pitw

pitw Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Custom pesticide applicator.
    Noticed that.

28. johnsent

johnsent New Member

Beefjerky, I am real, and have followed this forum for a while, just never felt the need to post here before. You can ignore my comments above if you want. No offense taken. I was just trying to let others know of my experience.

29. BeefJerky

The bottom line is people are crazy to trust dealing with an entity for multiple thousands of dollars, that won't even disclose ownership.
    Also find it strange to claim hundreds of thousands satisfied transactions. Does anyone realize how small a world physical precious metals is.
    Everything is fine until it is not, i.e. Tulving. At least then you know who stole your money.

Usury likes this.
  30. BeefJerky

Happens all the time. I had a competing B company that recycled sales leads that the A company could not close. A company had it all quality, service, and a high price. B company had service, less quality, and a lower price. The two appealed to different types of consumers. You could damn sure find out who was behind them though.

31. Ragnarok

Ragnarok I'd rather be Midas Member

Perhaps the computer sleuths on here could do some information searching on the domain name.

R.

32. Annie

Annie Silver Member Silver Miner

Full time scooter trash.
    The BBB is a fraud. They offer my companies an A+ rating for a fee. Dun and Bradstreet is a fraud and scam to the extent that the federal gov is investigating. Several class action law suits as well.

D-FENZ likes this.
  33. goldielox1

goldielox1 Seeker Seeker

Irvine literally borders Newport Beach which is where Tulvang used to be. Strange coincidence that this new company fulfills in Irvine, CA while the company is headquartered in TX. Irvine is in Orange County which is one of the most expensive parts of one of the most expensive states to do business. No one would start a business in TX and then decided hey I want to have my fulfillment in Orange County, CA. This is very strange.

"How long has Silver.com been in business?

The website began taking orders in June 2014."

Tulvang went out of business 3/4/14 and this new company springs up next door within 60 days?

Is Tulvang involved in this? Is this his hidden inventory? I smell a rat. Is it Tulvang 3.0?

shallow_explorer likes this.
  34. the_shootist

the_shootist I self identify as a black '69 Camaro Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Architect
    I don't see what all the fuss is about. If you don't feel comfortable about a particular vendor, then don't use them. Personally, I wouldn't consider a new vendor and tend to lean more towards one with a solid track record of service and delivery.
    I think JMB answered the questions that were offered effectively. Bottom line, there are many verified options out there to buy from. Trying to back a new vendor into a corner with a plethora of questions is a waste of time. Whether the vendor is legitimate or not, time will prove that out.

Mujahideen likes this.
  35. jmbullion

Silver.com is not related to Tulving in any way, and quite honestly that is a ridiculous comment.

Yes, Silver.com just began taking orders in June 2014, but we are already shipping thousands of orders per month, and have nearly 10,000 Shopper Approved reviews with a 4.8 overall satisfaction rating. Our corporate offices are located in Dallas, while the distribution center based in Irvine is shared with JMB as stated above.

I believe we’ve been more than transparent with many of the questions posed here already, but happen to address any additional concerns.

Scorpio likes this.
  36. bing

bing New Member

I am not a new member, lurking for years. I have used silver.com for quite a while now and they have become my primary dealer. Excellent. results.

jmbullion and Scorpio like this.
  37. Winomaster

Winomaster Seeker

You might find that these businesses are a bit shy about revealing exactly where they have a building with millions of dollars in metals on the premises. In my city there was an armored car service doing business for years. I drove by the place regularly, but they entered by the alley and I was totally unaware until a gang rammed a truck through the front wall one day. It was a few local boys from the neighborhood who grew up with some big dreams. The company might have spent a few more bucks locating the place in a better area so that half the boys growing up there weren't dreaming about knocking over armored car depositories.

Incidentally, when so much money is at issue it has a way of affecting how deserving the various guys see the others. One fella grabbed the sister of another and held her until he would come across with with her brothers share. Bad move, he should have grabbed the mother. I once had a partner screw me over for 65K, but that was 40 years ago when 65K was some serious money. (Damm, its equal to $310,000 today)

38. Usury

Interestingly enough, I stumbled onto this article today:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/1/prweb10287537.htm

CHICAGO, IL (PRWEB) JANUARY 03, 2013

After benefiting from explosive growth in 2012, JMBullion.com rang in the new year with a new, premier domain, Silver.com. Negotiations for the sale of the private domain took only 1 week, and the purchase was finalized on December 27, 2012 for $875,000.
    The purchase of Silver.com will go down as the third-largest, publicly announced domain sale of 2012. JMBullion.com was able to acquire this prestigious domain because of its monumental growth in 2012, as well as the skyrocketing popularity of precious metals as a whole.
    JMBullion.com was established as a small online precious metal retailer in 2011, but quickly grew and now projects nine-figure sales for 2013. The company plans to operate the two websites as independent brands, and will continue its tradition of quality customer service, vast product selections, and aggressive pricing at Silver.com.
    "We are thrilled to announce our acquisition of Silver.com. Since our company's inception in late 2011, we have been fortunate to benefit from tremendous growth, putting us in position to make this purchase,” said Mike Wittmeyer, CEO of JMBullion.com. “Over the next few months, we will be developing Silver.com as a parallel brand to JM Bullion, offering Silver.com clients the same outstanding customer service, pricing, and delivery times that JM Bullion clients currently enjoy."
    With a premier domain to match their premier service, Silver.com is sure to become one of the top online destinations for precious metal buyers. JMBullion.com is thrilled to have Silver.com and to continue to develop the easiest, most enjoyable precious metals shopping experience around.

39. Usury

Which begs the question.....why the evasiveness in revealing the ownership/relationship with JMB? Why not just full disclosure and as Scorp/Beef said, indicate that it's just another brand with a focus on lower prices for larger orders?

Very strange...and disappointing. Especially considering the prior responses to my questions--this one in particular:

QUESTION:

ANSWER:

40. Cigarlover

Cigarlover Gold Member Gold Chaser

875k just for the domain name? Holy golden parachute batman.