1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Silver To Trade Above $20 In Q4

Discussion in 'Purchasing Precious Metals' started by southfork, Jun 25, 2017.

1. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Focus
    Silver To Trade Above $20 In Q4 – Metals Focus

[​IMG]

Anna Golubova Thursday June 01, 2017 08:01

Kitco News

Share this article:

(Kitco News) - Silver prices will surge in the second half of 2017, jumping above $20, led by the Federal Reserve’s slow tightening of monetary policy, weaker U.S. dollar, and economic and political risks, according to The Silver Focus 2017 report.

[​IMG]
    Analysts at Metals Focus, the firm behind the latest silver outlook, said they expect “the global macroeconomic environment to remain and indeed become more positive for precious-metals prices over the rest of the year and probably beyond. As a result, we forecast that the silver price will rally in the second half of 2017, with a breach above $20 looking likely in the fourth quarter.”

The key factor to watch in 2017 is the pace of Federal Reserve rate hikes.

“While rising [rates] will probably remain in place for the foreseeable future, the speed at which monetary authorities move towards ‘normal’ policy will continue to be slow and probably no faster than markets are currently pricing in,” the report said.

The 2017 forecast states that a “short-lived” sell-the-rumor/buy-the-fact rally is possible after an almost certain hike in June, but the overall negative-rate environment fosters ideal conditions for silver prices to rise this year.

[​IMG]
    Sponsored by Sponsored By SmartAsset

Avoid Costly Retirement Mistakes
    Even great investors make mistakes, which is why the best ones run their strategies by trusted advisors. Get matched with the right local financial advisor for you by taking this 5-minute survey.

U.S. economic indicators are also on the list to watch when it comes to projecting silver-price moves for the year, the report noted. And all the indicators are pointing to the economic progress “falling short of expectations.”

“Looking ahead, we are skeptical over the scope for reflationary fiscal and trade policies to be implemented by the current administration, causing further disappointment to emerge. We also feel that U.S. equities look expensive as both the S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average indices are now trading near all-time highs … A correction therefore looks likely and this would be positive for precious metals,” the annual report said.

With this in mind, the U.S. dollar upside also looks to be limited, which is beneficial for silver. On top of that, economic conditions in the eurozone are continuing to improve, which means the greenback could face additional pressure in the second quarter.

Geopolitical risks are not subsiding either this year, which is a good thing for the precious metal, Silver Focus added.

“There remain an abundance of political tail risks on the horizon. These include the ongoing internal challenges that the current U.S. administration faces, tensions in the Middle East as well as the Korean peninsula and the outcome of Brexit negotiations. At the very least, while these and various economic issues (such as debt growth in China) continue to brew in the background, they should continue to favor incremental safe-haven interest in precious metals.”

The report also projects healthy professional-investor interest in silver for the rest of the year.

“[All of] this should provide essential fuel for the silver price to rally in the second half of the year, driving the full-year average to $18.30, a level some 7% higher than last year’s figure.”

[​IMG]

When it comes to market’s own fundamentals, however, Silver Focus does not see any significant support for silver, mainly due to declining demand in the U.S. and India, the two largest markets for silver retail investment in the world.

“Our supply-demand projections for 2017 see the already sizeable surplus of 67.2Moz (2,090t) that we saw last year grow further to 90.4Moz (2,811t). This is largely due to another decline in bar and coin demand, owing to a combination of market saturation and price conditions not favoring retail investment demand in the two dominant markets of the U.S. and India,” the report pointed out.

Silver mine production is forecasted to drop by 2% in 2017, while industrial silver offtake is estimated to grow 2%.

The biggest demand for silver comes from the electrical and electronics sector and it is expected to continue to advance, mainly driven by increased production of vehicles and consumer electronics goods.

On the downside, physical investment demand for silver will continue to be a problem, with this year’s numbers projected to plummet 13% to the lowest total in a decade.

“The U.S. will account for over 60% of gross losses, although the country will still remain the biggest market,” the report stated. “In India, further weakness is expected in 2017, as the government’s restrictions on cash transactions, as well as its ongoing effort to curb unaccounted money, will continue to affect demand.”

Some of the report’s updated data from last year also revealed a few interesting facts about silver-mine supply, including Mexico remaining the largest silver producer with 184.8 million ounces (5,747 tonnes).

By Anna Golubova

2. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

She should know, 22 years old and just out of college.

3. Someone_else

Someone_else Gold Member Gold Chaser

Some day, I should write a program that would take some price history for X, find others that have a similar history for that period, randomly select several, and weave that into a story showing what X will do in the next year. It would be like an economic version of "Mad Libs".

4. SilverCity

SilverCity Gold Member Gold Chaser

retired aerospace
    And those glasses that give her IQ at least a 20 point jump.

EDIT: Naw, maybe a 10

SC

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    andial likes this.
  5. OverOver

OverOver Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter

The way I read it the lady in glasses isn't making any predictions at all. She's only
    reporting on what "Analysts at Metals Focus, the firm behind the latest silver outlook..."
    had to say about it.

Alton likes this.
  6. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    She's not hot enough to make an impression on me

7. stAGgering

stAGgering Silver Miner Seeker

I'd bet the dollar decline is the silver gain...
    Not the reverse.
    @ 22 with or without glasses, ability to discern and differentiate cause... not yet.

A shotgun delivery, including Ali Abdou Akmali Maliak Akbar politics as cover.
    Forgotten: Yellowstone Caldera, Pandemic from Africa, and Cubs WIN !

8. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

It's different this time

9. Buck

Buck Fabian Society Gold Chaser

I'm not really into metals because of what someone else thinks about them
    I'm into metals because of what I think about them

and how they relate to the current economic situation based upon how historical economic situations of a similar nature cured themselves

but

this time it's different
    completely different

Manchurian Candidates
    corruption that is exposed and "ignored"
    traitorous ex-leaders who continue to flaunt their personal freedom and criminal message
    a "savior" POTUS who can't even reach the heights of "leader" because there are many who are grabbing his pant-legs trying to pull him away from the microphone
    criminals everywhere

for US, it's completely different

Alton likes this.
  10. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

I like silver because it makes sense in the dual role as a store of wealth and as a currency when needed. Gold is much more a store of wealth and far less practical as a currency I can spend an oz. of silver putting gas in my tank and bread on my table. Who has the ability to make correct change for such purchases when an oz. of gold is used?

When the dollar dies, and it will, and the manipulation schemes afflicting gold and silver are broken, silver will indeed skyrocket to a point reflecting a more true market value. Same will happen to gold.

The smart thing is to have both silver and gold because both are winners against govscrip and paper markets. Both are a store of wealth. Both can function as a currency, silver for common purchases and gold for the rare purchases like real property, or that super yacht you always wanted.

As far as the reporterette, she's young and still just a reporter. ALL silver price prognostications in article are from the "Analysts at Metals Focus", whoever they are. Reporterette may have talent as a knob polisher but she ain't making the silver news or me wanting to know more about her.

11. spinalcracker

spinalcracker On a mail train. Silver Miner Site Supporter

CEMENT MASON LOCAL 690
    I like fractional gold coins as currency and wealth.
    Dos pesos , 1/10th Eagles , or sovereigns can buy gas and bread and gold is a lot easier to carry and hide.
    Silver is good for medicine , like collidial silver and it's good for burns.
    I've never been burned by silver but there are people who got burned at $25-35 an ounce and need a forklift to move it around.

Glasgow likes this.
  12. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

I'm just glad feckin Irons hasnt seen this thread sick of his constant bashing of our favorite metal. Well i got things to do cant be spending my time posting on the internet like some loser.

Glasgow and spinalcracker like this.
  13. SilverCity

SilverCity Gold Member Gold Chaser

retired aerospace
    Wait, did someone say skyrocket? Well, finally....

SC

14. Ebie

Ebie Midas Member Midas Member

She might be Russian, with that name...