1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Silver

Discussion in 'PM Trading/Stocks/Technical Analysis' started by Strawboss, Apr 1, 2010.

1. wanderintheland

wanderintheland Seeker Seeker

Jack of Many Trades
    good lord, snowing???

Pitw, you probably don't have Java or need to update Java, go here to download java (just be careful to uncheck boxes that default you to install additional things like ask.com and other crap they try to trick you with when downloading Java applet):

cause #1:
    The most likely reason for this behaviour is that you do not have Java installed on your computer.
    You can download and install the Sun Java plug-in at this address:
    http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Take a deep breath pitw!

2 consecutive Daily closes under $19 is basically 48hrs under that waterline (it can still hover around $19 and close below both days and that counts as 2 daily closes below $19 though). Silver's only just dipped it's toes in a couple of times and doesn't seem to like it yet...

:cool:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  2. wanderintheland

Jack of Many Trades
    Almost had one here, pitw:

silver.jpg

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  3. wanderintheland

Jack of Many Trades
    After today's action, we may not get ONE daily close under 19. The bears had a chance to run it deeper into 18 today, but they fizzled out @ 18.87 then silver started getting bid after Comex close (Globex buying).

Four daily candle *bodies* in a row repelled by 19 sofar, despite the efforts:

silver.png

Nowhere near out of the water though, many obstacles and new shorts as well as longs to be fleeced at this precarious juncture of the battle:

silver1.jpg

Also, here is an excellent weekend precious metals/miners technical report from Rambus' blog (too long to repost) with many charts concerning this precariousness:

Weekend Report...Potential Precious Metals Meltdown Scenario
    by Rambus Chartology | Tue, Sep 9, 2014

http://www.safehaven.com/article/35075/weekend-reportpotential-precious-metals-meltdown-scenario

pitw and Ahillock like this.
  4. pitw

pitw Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Custom pesticide applicator.
    If you can understand what the [L] whoever was trying to say with all them graphs, I'm spooked. I tried and I mean really but in the end it didn't do me one lick of good.

5. jelly

jelly Seeker Seeker

I really liked silver's action today. I think we turn around from here, and atleast get a decent rally of $.50 - $1.00 higher in silver.

6. blueice

blueice Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

I fully agree, Boss! I have been saying all year long, dat both Au and Ag will
    finish flat or down for the year...This maybe the same scenario next year as well.

7. hoarder

hoarder Midas Board Mmbr Platinum Bling

The Banking Tribe chimes in.

8. GOLD DUCK

GOLD DUCK Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

QWAK,I sort of feel bad that I advised a very good friend to buy some SILVER about 3 years ago and now that person is saying as soon as it gets back to ware it WAS they will sell it!:thumbs_down::cry_smile:

I explained about banks and fractional banking and FIAT currency and how the SOBs have rigged every market and they understand --- sort of --- but every month or so they ask WHEN will it go up because I am down $$$$ from when I bought?:questionmark:

I say --- "Just buy MORE and average down:thumbs_down::23_28_100s: your cost per ounce --- it is the deal of a life time!" and I do that my self month after month and year after year!:banghead::cry_smile:

It is hard knowing you are holding an ace high royal flush hand but you got to wait till the end of the game (and that could be years :thumb.aspx:) to be able to lay your cards on the table and OWN a big part of that pot in the middle.:yes::signs14:

SILVER is better than $$$ in a bank that is for shure :thumbs_up: but with the economic world up side down and inside out (new digital currencies like bitcoin etc.) it makes one wonder :hmmmm2: ---- "are they all CRAZY :s13: or am I just in a prolonged bad DREAM that I can not wake my self from?:questionmark::dontknow:

One foot in front of the other --- just keep marching even if you no longer know why --- when you started you did SOoooooooooo trust your self more than the ilusions around you!:yes::2:

:36_2_36::36_2_36::36_2_36::36_2_36::36_2_36::36_2_36:

the DUCK :15_1_70v:

Weatherman likes this.
  9. pitw

And if you are wrong?

10. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,pitw,I am NOT WRONG --- perhaps early or premature but I aint WRONG!:36_1_30::452:

It is just sad when people you care about lose faith and trust in you that hurts a bit.:thumbs_down::cry_smile:

Paitence is GOLDEN --- it takes that kind of GOLD --- to buy SILVER all the way down from almost $50.00!:confused_m::s13::banghead::4_1_72:

A little more of that kind of GOLD and they may :dontknow: lock me up so I don't hurt my self or others!:ahhhhh::nurse::36_11_6:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  11. pitw

Duck I think I understand you. I know of no other silver stacker within an hour of my house and my friends and customers think I'm nuts[although I get to sell them art bars at 3x spot]. I just keep buying and thinking like you. I also get to play the dollar being Canackian which is nice.

GOLD DUCK likes this.
  12. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,pitw,I bought GOLD @ $400.00 on a CREDIT CARD (0 intrist for 1 year) and I bought SILVER @ just under $7.00 agen on a CREDIT CARD but at 4% intrist for 1 year and it was almost $19.00 in about 9 months!:yes::yes::yes:

SILVER @ $19.00 is what SILVER @ $7.00 WAS ---- TPTB created many TRILLIONS of $$$ since I made those buys!:yes::signs14::cry_smile:

Very little posability to be wrong on buying NOW!:2:

Your $$$$ are safer in SILVER you can hold than as DIGITS in a BANK!

"What's in YOUR VAULT?":cheerful:

Ahillock, jelly and pitw like this.
  13. jelly

jelly Seeker Seeker

Gold Duck, I agree 100%.
    A couple years from now, people will look back and wonder why they weren't buying at these levels. When silver gets to $100, you won't care if you bought at $15, $20, or $25. You'll just be happy you bought in.

GOLD DUCK likes this.
  14. wanderintheland

Jack of Many Trades
    You got one pitw.

pitwcandle.jpg

One dancing banana for you!

:banana:

Let's see what happens with that next one that is forming over the next 24hrs. So far you have a good headstart.

pitw likes this.
  15. Ahillock

Ahillock A nobody Mother Lode

You either trust and believe the politicians and bankers, that all is well in our economy, that the dollar is gaining in strength, that the USD will increase in purchasing power, that there are no worries about bank bail-ins and that they are out to help us. If you believe that you should sell your physical and either buy paper or wait for the price to drop to some magical number being thrown out to buy back your physical.

Or you don't trust any of the chit that comes out of a politican or banker and know better that, they are out to screw you two times over. That the world is going to hell in a hand basket. That the economy has never recovered and 08/09 was just a small speed bump along the way. That inflation on necessities is increasing and that your dollar buys less today than it did before.

I am of the second group. As a result I stack. I don't sell my stack. I don't mess around with paper wealth. I stack over time. I hoard and will continue to do so until the whole house of cards finally falls apart. Anyone talking about $900 gold or $14-15 silver just doesn't understand what that would look like.

Varmint Hunter and GOLD DUCK like this.
  16. pitw

How does that say it closed below $19? Looks like it could be anywhere from $19.03 to $18.96:vollkommenauf: I like the idea of course but I need to know how you figure it is below.:confused:

17. Usury

Usury Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Looks like he got 2

18. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

sorry to say he's going to get a lot more.

smooth, dpong and Silver Buck like this.
  19. wanderintheland

Jack of Many Trades
    Yup. He did indeed.

He won 2 :banana::banana:'s and a 2014

maple.jpeg

Congrats. PM me your snailmail addy pitw and I'll send it on it's way.

Wow. Didn't expect THAT move this morning. I thought perhaps you'd get a second daily candle close under 19 but I didn't expect such a drop.

I am celebrating by ordering pre-sale a few rolls of these awesome new Sunshine Buffalos with the MintMark.

smi-buff-rev-newer.jpg
    smi-buff-obv-newer.jpg
    http://www.jmbullion.com/1-oz-sunshine-buffalo-silver-round/

After taking a spin around the internet PM blogs/discussions today, I see sentiment's lower than ever. Seasoned diehards that were still *somewhat* bullish have *just* about given up on any longs for the *near* future. There are still a few out there with charts showing a possible way back from this fall, but it's gotta be tomorrow.
    Predominately, one shows - using gold as the indicator - gold has to somehow close above 1266 to avert acclerated down and USD has to reverse sharply (which many traders out there - even non-goldbugs - are calling for imminently).

Gold and silver right on a quadruple bottom:

Gold:
    gold.jpg

Silver:
    silver.jpg

Tomorrow oughta be interesting to say the least.

20. blueice

blueice Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Ahillock, I am not sure about Au, however, in two years it maybe very
    possible Ag gets to the 14-$15 level.

On the other hand, in 9 or 10 years, if the mess is not clean up, your PMs should appreciate remarkably..

21. pitw

Well if that don't prove that an idiot can get lucky it didn't prove nothing.:cheerful:
    I appreciate the silver that will help offset this downturn and it will be proudly displayed with an ASE I have. :cheerful:

22. hoarder

The Banking Tribe chimes in again.

23. Silver Buck

Silver Buck Gold Member Gold Chaser

Gin Bottler
    How does this make blueice a member of the banking tribe? Is it because blueice is bearish on Silver?

blueice likes this.
  24. platinumdude

platinumdude Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

I think a world war will fix the low PM prices. Unfortunately, we may now be around to cash in on the gains.

25. hoarder

You guys like to talk up FRN's....along with other shillwork.

Mr.Jens likes this.
  26. wanderintheland

Jack of Many Trades
    If you are going to enforce the ugly avatar portion of the bet, I am not going to assist you with that (though I will comply). I will leave that up to you and the others on this thread!

:Chillin:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  27. dpong

dpong Gold Member Gold Chaser

hoarder, will you please at least occasionally provide an actual argument or fact besides your default - look at that nose? If someone disagrees with you then they are a (you know what). That can't always be true. Please go to your room and think about that. Even if you were occasionally correct, none of us would ever know it. Because all you offer is what you always offer; just what you offered this time: You didn't agree with me, therefore..............

Back it up or (forgive the expression) STFU.

Here is the current example. Someone is bearish on silver. Therefore, they are a banking shill which is code for (you know what).

WTF? Please argue like an adult or refrain from coming up here in the adult's section.

If I disagree with you then I am a (what?).. That is arguing like a girl. Argue like a man, dude. With facts, please.

[This shit flies down in Topical Discussions, or DogHouse. Why not float it down there? Up here, in the adult's section, we try to discuss and provide actual facts. At least that's how I try to play it.]

blueice and Strawboss like this.
  28. hoarder

The argument is pattern (modus agendi and modus operandi). If you refuse to draw distinctions about common denominators like certain posters consitently making posts in favor of a certain tribe, I can't force you. I cannot enlighten those who wish to see the world only in systemic and ideological terms. Draw distinctions...or don't. As you wish.

If you refuse to see the connection between posters who constantly support Israel and just happen to be bearish on metals, so be it.
    Have a nice evening.

29. dpong

I am bearish the metals, and don't support Israel. Please discern my heritage from that. If you think you can, please provide at least some evidence. You can't. Not for me or anyone else. Innuendo is your only refuge. Or prove it.

blueice and Silver Buck like this.
  30. wanderintheland

Jack of Many Trades
    dpong said:

That's sexist, dpong.

:cry1:

dpong likes this.
  31. hoarder

I already have. I do not suspect you of being Khazar. Yes it is possible to be bearish on metals without supporting Israel.
    If you were constantly making disingenious arguments in favor of their agendas, you would be on the suspect list.

One cannot make counter-arguments to statements like bluebagels " in two years it maybe very
    possible Ag gets to the 14-$15 level." because they are not arguments in the first place. No matter how many times these guys are refuted, they continue to use repetition and manufactured consensus because they know that as far as results go, it often trumps logical arguments.

Lots of would be investors read these forums and see a bearish consensus without second-guessing their motives. Do you really think blueice will change his position when confronted with "facts"?

In the world of investing, in case you haven't noticed, "facts" are manufactured by crooks and liars. Investing is not about those "facts", it is about speculation.

32. dpong

Glad I'm not a "suspect".

33. savvydon

savvydon Gold Member Gold Chaser

Poor Hoarder...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2015
    blueice likes this.
  34. hoarder

The beatdown crew has returned.

35. smooth

smooth Gold Member Gold Chaser

May I post a fact?

[​IMG]

Now I'll post an opinion, looks like $16.xx could be in the cards? This isn't an opinion I am fond of, but it certainly looks to be a very real possibility, in an unlikely season. Remember, this is SILVER we are talking about, its kinda got a reputation for crushing a few hopes and dreams. Emotions are not a silver investors friend. Good luck out there, I think were gonna need it.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    dpong and wanderintheland like this.
  36. Ahillock

What's with the high open interest for silver despite the low price (smack down) of silver?

37. smooth

smooth Gold Member Gold Chaser

Rough Interpretation

Rising : price

Rising : volume

Rising : OI

Market is Strong

Rising : price

Falling : volume

Falling : OI

Market is Weakening

Falling : price

Rising : volume

Rising : OI

Market is Weak

Falling : price

Falling : volume

Falling : OI

Market is Strengthening

Ahillock likes this.
  38. Ahillock

In that Harvey Organ interview (take it for what it's worth) he mentioned that silver open interest has been very high compared to gold. Gold has low price and low OI. Whereas silver has low price and high OI. Said it was first time in the history it has been like this, low price of silver and high OI (not sure if that is true). He was trying to tie that together with COMEX and the longs who he thinks is China. But that is besides the point. I am interested in his assertion that we have never had low price of silver and high OI for such an extended period of time as now.

39. Silver Buck

Silver Buck Gold Member Gold Chaser

Gin Bottler
    Excuse me? What does that even mean?

Are you kidding me? Really?

blueice likes this.
  40. Strawboss

Strawboss Intergalactic Silver Guru Gold Chaser

IT Consulting
    I have a request for the thread....

Can we please refrain from the Khazers, tribe, shills, etc...types of discussions? There are no shortage of other places on the forum for those sorts of debates...

Silver right now is weak. Rallies are being sold. As I have mentioned ad nauseum - I think $14 is possible but not necessarily required... To give some insight into just how weak silver is...this is the time of year when silver is seasonally pretty strong...and yet price is declining...

Look to the weekly chart for a higher high and a higher low. I think when that happens - that will be the turning point for silver...until then...patience and fortitude are required. If you are stacking...these are pretty good prices right now - especially if you are dollar cost averaging by purchasing some each month...

blueice, Jarrod32, Thecrensh and 5 others like this.