1. Stocks soar, Metals get hammered
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Monday morning takedown. Gold is down 12.8 to 1243 while Silver is down 17 to 1647. Crude is up 20 to 4321. The USD is up 15 to 97.09
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Silver

Discussion in 'PM Trading/Stocks/Technical Analysis' started by Strawboss, Apr 1, 2010.

1. blueice

blueice Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Hoardette, better than the Hate Tribe.

Buck, it is not possible to deal with, Hoardman, on any intellectual bases..It
    been tried hundreds of times with a failure rate of 99.99%.

Hoard, even a silver thread has to be subject to your mindless quackery..

Hoarderman does not care, he just pollutes.

I swear, I heard the same line broadcast on Radio Tehran.

Dpong, you can not be rational with an irrational man..

If someone would suggest Ag will be trading at $30 within months, King Hoarder,
    would not have made this inane statement.

The definition changes on a daily bases...Beware!

Hoard, you must be referring to yourself...Everywhere you go,
    you foul and stink up the joint; but I do admire the brilliance of your strategy...How many times
    have you read Mein Kaupf?

Buck, the man is devote of any and all reality..I feel :Sorry: for his soul.

I can see it now, in his after life, his roommate will be Jewish...:ahhhhh::evil::ahhhhh::evil:

One can not even enjoy a silver thread, without his propaganda and racial theories...He must be
    a tormented individual.

Silver Buck likes this.
  2. blueice

blueice Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

3. pitw

pitw Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Custom pesticide applicator.
    Well I'd hate to be the one to enforce the bet but it was part of your original bet thread. If it isn't enforced and we allow one leeway then pretty soon there would be no sense following any rules in betting. This I believe is why silver is in the mess it's in.

dpong, Silver Buck and Strawboss like this.
  4. Strawboss

Strawboss Intergalactic Silver Guru Gold Chaser

IT Consulting
    Made me laugh....thanks!

5. wanderintheland

wanderintheland Seeker Seeker

Jack of Many Trades
    Strawboss likes this.
  6. smooth

smooth Gold Member Gold Chaser

september18silver_zps2030df1a.png

RSI @25ish but I gots a feeling were not quite done yet. So much for September folks, possibly having an Indian summer?

7. Silver Buck

Silver Buck Gold Member Gold Chaser

Gin Bottler
    The Gin Bottle has been looking at the Weekly, and it hasn't busted out below the BB. Sure, the Daily says 'Buy' but the Weekly says 'not yet'. And with the slow sideways drop, it may be quite some time until we re-enter the Buy-Right Zone. And this is keeping in mind that Silver (and metals in general) should be seeing a distinct rise in price this time of year, but we aren't. One question I keep asking myself is what effect Dodd-Frank is having on the commodities market in general and metals in particular? Have position limits really taken out a lot of the volatility? Have investors/speculators moved onto other pastures? With the economy recovering (even in fits and coughs) and with mining of metals bringing up more Silver as a byproduct is the market becoming a bit saturated on the supply side? While these questions don't keep me up at night, I do dwell on them from time to time.

Simply put, fundamentally and technically, Silver is a dog (in my not-so-humble Gin Bottle opinion).

smooth likes this.
  8. wanderintheland

Jack of Many Trades
    Straight up murder.

That'll learn me.

I'm taking out an offer/line of credit I got with Paypal Credit (no interest) and picking up several rolls/bars very soon here (watching).

Where's next support? 17???

9. CrimsonGuardJay

CrimsonGuardJay Silver Member Silver Miner

You watching this too? Good lord, gold is getting beat up, but silver is plain outright getting the shit kicked out of it.

10. Fatboy

Fatboy Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Used Up and Retired Out
    The question is....

At what point do you try to catch that falling knife?

I just got cut again on silver this AM. It's still falling!

11. wanderintheland

Jack of Many Trades
    I'm cash poor right now having spents wads in the lower 19's. Just put a house up on the market after some pricey renovations so I'm waiting for that to sell (hurry, please) but imma 'bout ready to start with the credit cards that I never use - a little at a time on this manipulated bllsht. Obviously, the pressure from war premium is weaker then their ability to control gold/silver price. This ain't a free market no mo'. Whatever. I got decent preps, land, etc (can always have more) and these shenanagins ain't gonna last. Fundamentals don't mean sh*t anymore so TPTB are indicatiing that reality doesn't matter anymore. Unicorns and Skittles, except for that pesky [cr]ISIS (which they invented). Oh, and Those Damn Ruskies. But don't worry, They got that under control, too.

I'll squeeze every last penny I got and can make and can borrow and cancel the satellite and eat effin' ramen everyday to buy metal all the way down. These games are indicative of their desparation. I got time, too. I can wait. If I die, it all goes to my daughter. She's gonna need it way more than me the way things are headed.

It's not about me getting rich on the metals. This is about principles. They are subverting natural law.

And that ain't gonna end well AT ALL.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  12. wanderintheland

Jack of Many Trades
    Also, GSR just passed 68 (68.12 and still going @ the moment):

gsr.jpg

13. smooth

smooth Gold Member Gold Chaser

BB taken out on the weekly, with strong volume today. Doesn't look good for little sister.

14. Strawboss

IT Consulting
    I have come to agree with Martin Armstrong. There are very strong international capital flows coming into the US from Europe and Japan. That is what is pushing equities up...

A stronger dollar can pressure the PMs as evidenced by the continuing decline in the PMs...

Considering buying his Gold report he just completed... Any of you guys buy it yet? Or planning on buying it? Its pricey but I am thinking its worth it based on everything else he has had to say...

15. Silver Buck

Gin Bottler
    The one thing I keep in mind is that as long as the world believe that the economy is on some sort of recovery (no matter how sluggish it is, especially after the Great Recession) that mining will be in full force, and that mines of primary metals will be bringing up all of the metals that are in the ground, not just the ones they are primarily after. Therefore, the byproduct stuff will be sold at a discount relative to what the primary mine of the same metal needs to sell it at in order to break even.

This, in my amateurish opinion, is the bane of the primary Silver mines, and the reason why so many have gone tits up. Evidence? Over two-thirds of the Silver ore that is pulled up out of the ground is as a byproduct of other metals that are mined.

I know, I sound like a broken record, but dammit, it's the biggest fundamental reason I've found for Silver to be such a dog.

If we go back into a deep recession, mining will slow or stop, and the Silver supply will shrink thereby driving up the price.

Until then...

*SB heads back to the Gin Bottle...*

16. Ahillock

Ahillock A nobody Mother Lode

+1 brother. Many of us have the same opinion as you. I think the severity of this latest smack down shows how desperate TPTB are. What is going on behind the curtains that we don't know about that they are trying to hide, that is what I want to know.

17. lhslancers3270

lhslancers3270 Banned

I don't think you could trade off his stuff on a day to day basis not made for that anyway. If you want his intermediate/ long term thoughts I think you can get that on his free site. I think it's a good idea to read someone like him to temper the ride into the basement crap you find in places like this. Well meaning but it ain't a religion it's just an investment class. The impending stock market crash already happened in the metals since 2011 if you just open your eyes. Agree?

Strawboss, smooth and Silver Buck like this.
  18. lhslancers3270

lhslancers3270 Banned

That make you feel better go ahead. TPTB don't care what market you are invested in. Holding metals is an old idea not held by many guys my age. People my children's age don't even give it a thought. They pay for coffee with their cell phones. Get used to the idea of no cash. You think holding metals in a scenario like that works go ahead. Holding a bag or 100 won't help in Mad Max either they'll just take it away.

Thecrensh likes this.
  19. pitw

pitw Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Custom pesticide applicator.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That there is the proof that wandering in the land is a man of his word and backs his mouth with money. It showed up today and the wife tried claiming it but somethings are worth fighting for. Wandering you can now think that as far as I'm concerned that the bet is paid in full. I was gonna make you change your avatar but some plick on this site proved that even that isn't in fun as they suggested a picture in order to promote their own agenda. So as I don't believe in that you have done all that is required to make good. May I say that a mans word means more to me than all the gold/silver in the world.:thumbs_up:

20. wanderintheland

Jack of Many Trades
    Nice. Was about to message you to see if you got it.

You deserve it - and so did I for underestimating Maxwell's Silver MonkeyHammer: 17.34 low (so far)!

:eek_ma:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  21. Strawboss

IT Consulting
    2 months later and my thoughts are still heavily focused on Ebola and the potential ramifications of it...

I realize the data leaves much to be desired...but, it seems that the number of infections continues to double roughly every 3 weeks which is indicative of a lack of containment...

Keep an eye on that...doubling every 3 weeks...as that will be the KPI (key performance indicator) that will tell the tale of whether or not this is something that will burn itself out (either on its own or because of a globally coordinated effective response).

I am becoming more and more convinced that the window of opportunity to contain this thing has already passed and that it is going to continue to spread and double every 3 weeks as it has...

This thing has the ability to wipe out probably a 1/3 of the global population given enough time to spread...

I cant see a scenario where that would be bullish for silver demand... (I had to tie it in to the theme of this thread somehow...).

22. Ahillock

As people are dying and getting infected, people will stop working, will stop buying things. As a result this phony economy (plus all those around the world) will collapse. Gold mines? Closed. Silver mines? Closed. Air travel is halted. Think Great Depression, tech bubble, post 9/11, 2008-2009, housing bubble were bad? It would be like all of those combined plus multiplied by some magnitude. Sure there won't be any silver fix, COMEX, LBMA or Shanghai. But you wouldn't need those if Ebola cases are doubling every few weeks or if 1/3 of the population gets killed/infected. Ebola is currently at 70% fatality rate from the latest statistic that I have seen.

Gold and silver might not be "bullish" for chartistas, chart watchers, paper/electronic gold and silver owners in this scenario, but who cares what those say. An ounce of silver could allow you to provided things for your family and yourself if the need be (more useful on the other side of things if you can make it to the other side). But, I will say, if you aren't ready already (food, water, shelter, brass and lead), then all that won't matter. Hopefully we all make it to the other side if your concern comes true. Won't be a good time to be on this earth if that takes place.

23. hoarder

hoarder Banned

I don't see how a disease killing 1/3 of the population would be bullish for green pieces of paper with writing on them issued out of thin air. Wouldn't it be more likely to speed of the inevitable collapse of the paper house of cards? In such a case silver would be a safe haven.

24. GOLD DUCK

GOLD DUCK Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

QWAK,I see kids:hmmmm2: in has mat suits selling cups of Colloidal Silver instead of lemon aid in front of there homes and making $$$$ hand over fist!:thumbs_up::23_28_100s::23_30_104:

Perhaps going door to door selling Colloidal Silver too!:dontknow::date::thumbs_up:

the DUCK :15_1_70v:

Ahillock likes this.
  25. Silver Buck

Gin Bottler
    Do you really believe that the entire global economy relies solely/exclusively on the USD, that no other form of commerce exists on a day-to-day basis?

Ever?

And as far as those bits of worthless metals, what do you thing you'll get for a round shiny if the sh!t hits the fan?

Others have had it right all along, that beans and bullets will be worth far more than a shiny slug you show them regardless of the element that it is made out of (unless you are fighting Werewolves).

Whether I like it or not, my financial situation lives within my local economy, which is a blending of USD and barter. I sell and fix stuff, and in return I get either USD or durable goods (with meals tossed in from time to time).

26. Silver Buck

Gin Bottler
    When have all of the economies in the world (phony or otherwise) totally collapsed?

Ever?

27. Ahillock

When have all the economies in the world (phony or otherwise) totally been on fiat currency all together at the same time?

Ever?

Unca Walt, Mr.Jens and hoarder like this.
  28. hoarder

hoarder Banned

Absolutism seems to a favorite argument among some....

Few things are 100% or zero percent. What's in between does matter, whether you acknowledge it or not.

29. Mr.Jens

Mr.Jens Seeker Seeker

I think that is the detail that many sheep forget and ignore. This period in earth's economic history is unprecedented. Never before have all the economies of the world been on fiat currency. This is really uncharted waters. A social experiment. The Great Keynesian Experiment that we all know will fail. It can't sustain itself, and when it collapses in on itself (like a black hole), it will take everything with it. Everything is tied together in our world and there is no solid foundation for any of it. It is all built on forgery, fakes, counterfeits, scams, rigging, scandals, bribery and all the other bad words you can think of.

GOLD DUCK likes this.
  30. Ragnarok

Ragnarok I'd rather be Midas Member

At least silver holders will have some antimicrobial substance on hand.

R.

31. Silver Buck

Gin Bottler
    True that, but that still does not answer my question.

We are doing the 'wait and see' on how the Great Fiat Experiment plays out.

I will point out that we are hearing murmurings of countries going back to a Gold based currency.

32. Ahillock

I'll believe it when I see it. Also, I would rather have a free market in gold rather than being manipulated and pegged to a certain currency. #FreeGold.

33. 917601

917601 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Not quite, they are beginning to implement a Gold backed currency. No country is planning to base their currency on the gold standard, they will " fortify" their currency with gold reserves. A big difference. Small point, but a lot of confusion on this topic.

Silver Buck and Ahillock like this.
  34. Unca Walt

Unca Walt Midas Member Midas Member

Perfect answer.

GOLD DUCK likes this.
  35. Strawboss

IT Consulting
    I believe the next step in the devolution of the global payments architecture will be the implementation of a single unit of account (using Armstrongs description)...i.e. a single global currency unit.

Of course it will take EXTREME panic and unrest in order for them to implement this.

Of course it will be all digital (no paper) and no one will be able to buy or sell anything unless they are "in the system".

This is what they have been working towards for such a long, long time...and its day of unveiling is rapidly approaching...

I have in the past argued that the value of gold is its ability to allow you to convert wealth (savings) from one currency to another - especially in times of stress...for example - if you want to get out of dodge - you can sell what you have...buy gold/silver...move to your destination and then convert that gold back into the local currency upon your arrival.

Its value is dependent upon there being multiple currency types out there.

If we go to a global currency that is universally accepted...what value/role does gold/silver play in a monetary sense? I cant see one...

For example...lets pretend the USD was the ONLY currency in the world...everyone used it...who is going to buy gold in exchange for dollars to leave Point A and then when they resettle at Point B - they are going to sell their gold for...dollars? Makes no sense...They would lose on the transaction costs on both sides...

A store of value? Meh... There are literally thousands of types of "stores of value" from property to stocks/bonds to real estate, collectables, art, etc...

A hedge against a Mad Max scenario? Perhaps...but there is no guarantees that it would function as desired or anticipated...It might...or it might not...

Silver Buck, Thecrensh and Ahillock like this.
  36. Ahillock

The fact that bankers and politicians can't get their hands on your physical gold. Gold and silver have always been wanted. If we go into a global currency reset under one currency, people will still want gold and silver. I guarantee that.

I would. Much easier to travel/run/escape/hide with gold then you would be able to with paper fiat. The only thing better is BTC, but that is dependent upon internet and computers which might not be easy to get to depending on the scenario. Losing on both sides of the transaction might be worth it depending on the scenario.

Yes gold is a great store of value. No one else owns it. No one else has a claim on it. It can't be taxed out of your possession.

Real estate you have to pay taxes on (can be taxed away from you). You also have to spend money to maintain your real estate.

Stocks are just fancy paper liabilities that don't mean much if you need liquidity and you are towards the back in line trying to cash out.

Collectibles/art, average Joe can't afford any of those that would be valuable nor a good store of value. The art I get from a garage sale or local antique store doesn't have any worth to what the Big Boys buy from Sotheby's. Hard to carry your $5 million statute with you if you are on the run for whatever reason.

Bonds? Another paper instrument. Want to be paid back in inflated currency?

Why not? It has for thousands of years. Why would that change. You think all of a sudden no one will ever want gold or silver? Can you tell whoever they that I am interested and give them my contact info? Gold and silver will have value in the future. If Central Banks and governments want it, I want it just as much if not more.

37. Weatherman

Weatherman In GIM since 2006 Gold Chaser Site Supporter

I admire your optimism, and I hope you are right about that.

Ahillock likes this.
  38. Ahillock

What they don't know they don't know. I was speaking about it being taxed out of my possession. Can't tax what they don't know about or of. FYI, I was not speaking about what happens if it gets sold.

But even if they tried to highly tax the sale of gold in the future, why would they since sheep don't own any. If they were successful with a tax, some underground market would potentially arise maybe? Still not something that I worry about. Gold and silver are still the best stores of value/wealth/savings/excess energy/protection from bankers and politicians that I have found. If anyone has a better idea please let me know.

Weatherman likes this.
  39. Weatherman

Weatherman In GIM since 2006 Gold Chaser Site Supporter

I agree with the highlighted part. I can imagine ways a "wealth tax" could be created and/or tax compliance could be enforced when something is sold, and I have no doubt that TPTB can imagine those methods too. I am not worried enough to lose any sleep over that for now, but it is a possibility that I keep in mind while planning my strategy. For now, I hope that I have worried a little too much. Rather than expect the best and get disappointed, I prefer to expect the worst and be happily surprised - sometimes.

40. Strawboss

IT Consulting
    To expand on my last post...it is my expectation that a single global currency is on its way...how soon or how far - I have no idea...but, I am pretty sure it is in fact coming at some point in the not too distant future...

The question in my mind is how would gold/silver act in such a scenario. Using past performance doesnt make sense to me because there has never been a single global currency...so - to make the argument that it will continue to act as it always has (even though the underlying fundamental would be different) is faulty.

It seems like a reasonable assumption to me that there is potential for gold/silver to act differently in a world with only 1 official currency...

BackwardsEngineeer and Thecrensh like this.