1. Potus out of town, all is pretty quiet for now
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Mon Morning! Gold catches a bid +2.7 to 1256, while Silver is +16 to 1696. Crude still moving up 48 to 5115. The USD is down 6 and breaks 97, 9696.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 5/13/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1227.70-- UP 0.80 Silver $16.40-- UP 13 Oil $47.84-- UP 1.62 USD $99.13 -- UP .61
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Silvertowne Dealer Rating

Discussion in 'PM Dealer Feedback' started by KGMe, Oct 19, 2010.

?

Silvertowne Dealer Ranking

1. One Star

14 vote(s)
    19.7%
  2. Two Stars

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. Three Stars

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. Four Stars

15 vote(s)
    21.1%
  5. Five Stars

36 vote(s)
    50.7%
  1. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    I don't purchase from them often, but each time my experience was great. When they have a special on something I like, I don't hesitate with these guys.

2. savvydon

savvydon Gold Member Gold Chaser

My experience has been positive. Very competitive prices and excellent service...

3. Gcubed

Gcubed Banned

Either the mold or the metal was a bit cold during the pour. I'm sure that you have 5 ounces of fine silver. What were you hoping for?

4. perl

perl New Member

I think it looks pretty cool actually. :bear_smile:

5. rodzm

rodzm Gold Member Gold Chaser

Medic
    So i sent Silvertowne quite a bit of sterling to be refined and turned into .999 bars. 172 t. oz of sterling....they received my package on the 6th of November, on the 9th the assay was completed and they shipped on the 13th (the 12th was a holiday). Got the package today which was registered insured. So the process was a total of 2 weeks between receipt and delivery. Originally they sent me 136 oz of .999 silver but they realized they made a mistake with my address and ended up sending me an extra 3 ounces that they had shorted me.

I have to tell you that this absolutely beats hands down my last experience with Prospector's Gold & Gems (a 2 month wait to get product).

Im now the happy owner of some hand poured Silvertowne bars...early Christmas for me

Overall, if youre looking at getting silver refined I cant think of any other company that gives a better prcing and return

Solo likes this.
  6. Argentium

Argentium Midas Member Midas Member

Yes sir, I got 5 oz of .999, no doubt. I just believe that a manufacturer should have a bit of pride in the eye appeal of their product. Functionally, it makes no difference, but I don't ship crap like that because I do care. Perhaps that's an outmoded standard, but it has served me well over 25 years.

Thecrensh likes this.
  7. silverbug22

silverbug22 Seeker Seeker

they ship fast..i have bought dozens of their 1 oz free shipping bars...I bought the hand poured 5 oz also...It was ok..Monarch ones are much better though..

8. wastrel

wastrel New Member

Inspired by Argentium's pics, I ordered a hand-poured bar from Silvertowne myself. (more pics not of TomD quality, below) It has similar marks; thanks to Argentium's post I was not surprised by this. Rather, I received what I expected, and I'm actually pleased to have a bar with a bit more "personality" than the usual extruded product. I'll probably order a few more, once in a while.

I was a bit surprised that the bar arrived in a padded envelope. Inside it was wrapped in a small cardboard wrapping... which worked (I mean, it is a piece of metal after all), but for 17.95 shipping cost I was expecting something more... I don't know, robust. Perhaps I've been spoiled a bit by AMPEX's shipping even small orders in a sturdy box. Silvertowne's was cardboard wrapping inside a padded envelope, while AMPEX's has been a padded envelope inside a cardboard box -- the exact opposite. :D

Attached Files:

9. pay dirt

pay dirt Gold Member Gold Chaser

Secure packaging and fast shipping. Some great deals. :thumbs_up:

10. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    The other day they had free shipping so I ordered a 1 OZT .999 Silver "Baby's First Christmas" engraved with new grandson's name.

Arrived on the second day after ordering, engraved. Great service and shipping.

11. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

Bump for another great deal and fast shipping experience!

Their free shipping old Gold coin deals have me stopping by almost daily top see what's next. :cheerful: :thumbs_up:

12. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

They have the fastest shipping of any online dealer I've ever ordered from.

I also like the no extra credit card fees.

Irons likes this.
  13. Chester-Copperpot

Chester-Copperpot Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter Platinum Bling

Fast becoming one of the best online dealers IMO. Very fast turn around, and no CC fees. Another 5 stars from me. :thumbs_up:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
    Irons likes this.
  14. The_Head

The_Head Seeker Seeker

Oilfield Laborer
    I love them as well.

Whenever I have a few bucks, I like to get their 1 oz silver bars.

One thing I wish they would do is take down the coins they are sold out on at the time. It gets tiresome filtering through what is there and what is not.

15. AguA

AguA Seeker Seeker

Does Silvertowne notify the customer of the order status when shipped?

I don't see anything on their site other than my receipt copy.

16. Irons

Yes they do and provide a tracking number. I got one in today and my last order hasn't shipped yet. They be busier than normal.

AguA likes this.
  17. Chester-Copperpot

Always had great service from Silvertowne also. Great honest company, and I wouldn't worry about any slight delays. If you look at the banner on there home page, it does state there may be a slight delay in shipping. That's been stated for about 2-3 weeks now.

18. ~BS

~BS Gold Member Gold Chaser

silvertowne is solid. I also recommend.

19. bigdog72

bigdog72 New Member

manager
    I ordered a 125 oz of silver last month and got it in two days with the express shipping. I wanted to order 300 oz of the one and five ounce silvertowne bars and even though their website said they were in stock, the gal told me it was a 30 day wait to ship. I asked why so long, and she said as of last friday they were a half million ounces behind in delivery, and it was only going to get worse. I ended up cancelling my order. I just cant let that much money hang out for a month, without the metal in my hands.

I also want to mention one thing I learned about silvertowne. I read here a while back that someone said they did not have a credit card fee. They actually do. It is baked into their pricing. I asked, and they confirmed. I then asked for a cash discount as I would be paying by wire transfer, and they gave me the 3% off. Just an fyi for those that may not be aware.

This is my first post. I have lurked and learned. I don't like to post on forums unless I have something worthwhile to contribute. Hope this helps someone out.

By the way, I like silvertowne. Want to order from them again, and If I can't find another vendor online that can deliver quicker, I may have to pull the trigger again with silvertowne, and sit on my thumbs until the goods deliver.

newmisty and Chester-Copperpot like this.
  20. Irons

I'm pulling some points from these guys. I still have no shipping confirmation from an order I placed on April 18 of coins that were well in stock at the time according to their website.

Even if they had a one armed drunken obama voter doing the packaging it would have been done by now.

They are obviously selling things they don't have. Bad decision ST.

stas3000 likes this.
  21. stas3000

stas3000 Seeker Seeker

Unfortunately, 100% agree. Same here on my order from April 12.

I offered to just scrap the order and apply the funds towards another purchase instead of simply settling for a full refund which wouldn't work for them. They wouldn't go with anything other than promising shipment "soon". Disappointing. Might pull the plug via credit card.

Irons likes this.
  22. TiKi

TiKi Silver Member Silver Miner

They all are doing this now. I think the only dealer that will get you your order quick is Apmex.

23. Irons

Whoa, whoa flag on the play! You cannot cancel your order and get refunded?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2015
  24. stas3000

stas3000 Seeker Seeker

Said I "locked in the price and the order" and can't modify/cancel. Sort of a no way out situation. Makes no sense! They screwed up -- put more digits in stock than there were of actual coins -- and now...

25. Gcubed

Gcubed Banned

Are they licensed to sell commodity futures? I'd ask them, in writing. ;)

26. Irons

I bet Visa would beg to differ with them.

I hope it doesn't get to that but poke me with a toothpick and I'll hit you with a tree trunk. :motz:

27. stas3000

stas3000 Seeker Seeker

Pretty much, right? Except no certain delivery date. Great deal! :thumpdown:

I really don't feel like calling them and chewing out someone but is that what they want? Every other order was pretty much flawless. Odd.

28. 97guns

97guns Gold Member Gold Chaser

RETIRED
    anyone have a paypal order process? i have one from the 1st and havn't been notified of anything

29. stas3000

stas3000 Seeker Seeker

I don't but they've been using PayPal for years, I'm pretty sure. They have had an account with eBay since 1999:

http://stores.ebay.com/SilverTowneLP

30. savvydon

I'm trying to understand here. I placed an order for ASEs with a different, prominent dealer on April 3rd. Last week I wrote asking if I was still in the queue. I got back an email stating that I was, and that my order would be shipped this week. It arrived safe and sound this Tuesday.

I assume because of the delay he did not have my order in his possession when I placed it. Yet, as usual in the end he was good to his word. Is this the equivalent of selling commodities futures?

31. Gcubed

Gcubed Banned

I'm not in a position to say with certainty. I am questioning some dealer practices that I read of. Perhaps the CFTC needs to answer us?

32. chief

chief Seeker Seeker

Damn. I was just getting ready to purchase a 5 oz bar from them but I don't want to go through the hassle of waiting a month for my order like some of you are.

33. stas3000

stas3000 Seeker Seeker

Well, more than likely you will be just fine as long as you purchase a Silvertowne product. They probably have hundreds or thousands of them in stock and can make more quickly. Mexican Dos Pesos are a little different which is what I am waiting on...

chief likes this.
  34. savvydon

I guess there are two issues. If you are getting what you paid for and when. I'm sure most of these dealers need to actually send you what you have paid for - the main question is what is an appropriate time frame. I would argue that that may depend somewhat on how close to true market price without extra premium the item is being sold for. Of course, if the market is moving in a downward direction that never makes it easier to wait. :afraid:

35. hernancortes

hernancortes Gold Member Gold Chaser

If they are that far behind in filling orders, they are in for a real challenge... as a semi-frequent visitor to their storefront I do not see how they possibly at present have the manpower (actually it seems to be mostly women doing the gruntwork) to keep up with that kind of volume.

stas3000 likes this.
  36. Chester-Copperpot

Seems shipping times are a bit slower right across the board. I waited about a month for my Provident order. Usually Silvertowne are very fast, they either don't have the product, or only have 1 or packers.

Irons likes this.
  37. jogslvr

jogslvr Gold Miser Gold Chaser

Am I safe in assuming these coins were sovereigns?
    Have you gotten them yet?

38. eyeball

eyeball New Member

It seems they are selling items not in stock. I always had good results with them, but I ordered a 10oz bar 8 days ago and I called today. the response was 14 more days they are out of stock. I cancelled my order and ate the restocking fee.

I am not happy with them I don't think they should be selling items they don't have.

No more orders for me..

I am done with them

39. Irons

No I haven't even got a shipping notice yet and they are 2013 Sovereigns still showing being in stock.

I'm running out of patience.

40. jogslvr

jogslvr Gold Miser Gold Chaser

I don't blame you. Reason I asked was they're now showing new inventory of the older dates of our choice and I was tempted but don't want to tie funds up as long as you're having to put up with.

Thanks for the reply

Irons likes this.