1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Slingshot City

Discussion in 'Projects, Builds, Woodworking, Metalworks' started by searcher, Apr 30, 2016.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

2. searcher

"The Rambini" Slingshot Tutorial
    JoergSprave

Published on Mar 1, 2017
    Link to pdf: http://www.theslingshotforum.com/f9/r... (must be a registered forum member)
    Rubber bands:
    http://www.slingshotchannelstore.de
    http://www.simple-shot.com
    -----------------------------------------
    The "Rambini" is a new Jörg Sprave design for an ultra compact, yet comfortable and accurate slingshot. It will be introduced in a few months as a mass production polycarbonate model, complete with clips and even a detachable hand guard!

Here is a simplified tutorial that allows you to make your own "Rambini", with just a few tools and a little bit of time.

A "The Slingshot Channel" production !

3. searcher

Shooting Right Through Police Riot Gear?
    JoergSprave

Published on Mar 12, 2017
    Adam Celadin video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRm6l...
    Patreon site: http://www.patreon.com/JoergSprave
    ---------------------------
    Modern anti riot police gear is tough. Full stop. It is almost impossible to hurt anyone wearing it short of using heavy caliber firearms.

This video sets out to test this, focusing on weapons you can legally carry in Germany (and in many other countries too). While it is still illegal to bring them to a demonstration or any other event, they still cause a viable threat to policemen as they can be brought to such events without much hassle. So we tested them in order to help the police optimizing their equipment!

See what slingshots, crossbows and home made airguns can do to a police shield and helmet... the results are interesting indeed.

A "The Slingshot Channel" Production!

4. searcher

World's Ugliest, Lousiest 4000 psi compressor. Ever. Guaranteed.
    JoergSprave

Published on Mar 13, 2017
    Using powerful airguns requires filling them up with high pressure. Really high pressure. 3000 to 4000 psi (up to 250 bar).

You have three ways of doing that:
    1. The hand pump
    2. A scuba diving bottle or so
    3. An own compressor

While the hand pump requires a few hundred strokes to fill a rifle, the scuba bottle requires frequent visits to the dive center or gun store in order to get it refilled. The compressor is the "king's way" of course. Buuuut it is expensive. Like, 2000 € expensive.

This video shows a very cheap, very quick and very dirty hack how to make a compressor from a hand pump, a battery drill, an old moped chain and sprocket set plus some leftover wood.

It is ugly, it is messy and it creates scary noises. But it works! See for yourself.

A "The Slingshot Channel" production.

5. searcher

How to Weaponize IKEA Pencils
    JoergSprave

Published on Mar 16, 2017
    IKEA pencils are available for free around the world. Each and every IKEA store has them and you can simply take one (or more).

Several fans suggested to weaponize them, so finally we ordered some on ebay and gave it a try. This video takes you all the way from using them as a simple stabbing weapon to a full blown repeating pistol that shoots them hard enough to break skin!

A "The Slingshot Channel" Production.

6. searcher

Kunai Badassery Extreme!
    JoergSprave

Published on Mar 22, 2017
    A part of this video is a commercial advertisement (sponsored video) for ThruNite products.

------------------------------
    Link to ThruNite store:
    http://www.thrunite.com/thrunite-t01-... (coupon "THRUNITE" to get another 5% OFF)
    Also available at: http://www.amazon.com/thrunite
    ----------------------------
    Kunai knives are really cool, inexpensive throwing blades. A full set of them (12 pcs) can be had for about 30 €, so less than three € per knife.

This video shows how to make an already dangerous Kunai knife even more badass! See how we turn it into a "Commando" style fighting knife, a full auto switchblade and even into a beautiful full size weapon with integrated steel pommel and two very powerful flashlights... setting the blade on fire in the darkness!

7. searcher

Airsoft with a kick: Blowback explained!
    JoergSprave

Published on Mar 26, 2017
    This is a sponsored video for products sold by Begadi.
    KJW M9 GBB pistol: http://www.begadishop.de/catalog/prod...
    Lonex L4 PC SD BAW: http://www.begadishop.de/catalog/prod...
    -------------------------------------------------
    Airsoft guns are fun. They bring tons of shooting fun at very little cost and are still very realistic! This video reviews two "blowpack" versions, one is a clone of a Beretta F92 (aka "M9") pistol, one is an M4 clone (short barrel silenced version).

The pistol actually has a fully functional slide and works very much like the real gun, which makes it a very viable practice weapon as well.

The M4 clone has a special method to create a very realistic recoil effect. How this is done is explained by means of a specifically designed slingshot rifle that creates enough "simulated" recoil to crack walnuts!

mayhem likes this.
  8. searcher

High torque rubber motor?
    JoergSprave

Published on Mar 27, 2017
    https://www.facebook.com/TheSlingshot...

So many fans asked for an all-rubber version of the full auto shooters. Those are powered by very strong battery drills, and rubber motors usually are all revs and zero torque - useless.

But we believe there MUST be a way to store energy by means of rubber in a way that we get high torque rotational force. So we started with some basic test setups - this here is the fourth incarnation, and the first one with promising results.

A "The Slingshot Channel" production!

mayhem likes this.
  9. mayhem

mayhem Другая перспектива Silver Miner Site Supporter

Retired
    Jeorg is beginning to wander a bit. But I guess one can only make just so many different slingshots. Wife cracks up when he laughs, heck that's why we watch, no?

searcher likes this.
  10. searcher

Sure is................

The Toy Tank of Death!
    JoergSprave

Published on Mar 29, 2017
    We showed off this model of a German "Tiger" tank before, including the conversion to fire a heavy bolt at around 50 ft-lb of energy... using compressed air and a remotely controlled servo as a "trigger".

But many fans wanted a "FPV" type camera on the tank so you can really aim with the bolt shooter from a completely remote location, even without any eyesight on the combat field.

We settled for a used "Apecam" camera that features a WiFi connection between the camera and a smart phone. Properly installed on the tank, it does its job just fine!

A custom made (or, better, hacked together) holder now keeps all three control devices in one place: The orginal tank RC, the garage door opener that fires the gun, and the iPhone that connects to the FPV camera.

This toy tank is now a serious piece of home defense! :)

11. searcher

"KloPro Mk1" - In-Bowl Toilet Cam (Shameless Sellout)
    JoergSprave

Published on Mar 31, 2017
    Change of plan - videos are too drastic even for the forum. Send an email to KloPro@gmx.de instead!
    -----------------------------------------------
    It was time. Camera technology has advanced far enough, so finally, at last, now the first complete defecation monitoring system is a reality.

On this April 1st, 2017, Lirpa Inc. proudly presents the KloPro Mk1, the world's first in-bowl toilet cam with integrated sniffer sensors, bowel motion detector and "Smart" connected lighting system.

This video is a full review. Enjoy!

12. searcher

13. searcher

Direct link to story mentioned in the above post.

Google blood money: Web giant cashes in on vile seven-minute video showing ‘knife expert’ penetrating a stab vest like the one worn by murdered Westminster PC
    • German weapons 'expert' uploaded 'sickening how-to-stab' video on YouTube
    • Jorg Sprave given award by social media giant for getting 1million subscribers
    • But he shows people how to plunge a knife through protective body armour
    • Video was online for six months despite warnings jihadis use it for 'training'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4371770/Vile-video-shows-knife-expert-penetrating-stab-vest.html#ixzz4d5MGvl5X
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

14. mayhem

Retired
    Yeah, that may be wandering a little too far. Oh well, I enjoyed his original stuff. If someone needs to learn how to stab a person wearing a vest same person should be able to find someone who has had advanced CQC training locally. Keep it personal and quiet.

15. searcher

After he posted the vid in #92 his Facebook page kinda lit up. He has a lot of support. Be interesting to see how things pan out.

16. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

It's just more UK lunacy when it comes to weapons and personal protection.
    ...and IMHO he didn't go too far nor teach anyone how to stab. What he did, was to expose a crappy product that can't do what it's marketed as being able to do. DailyMail didn't say sh!t about that.

searcher likes this.
  17. Joe King

Have you read the DailyMail comments? I didn't get too far into them, but all I saw was voices of support for him. I hope he prevails in this. He's done nothing wrong. Any product marketed to the public should be fair game to be tested by anyone wishing to do so and publish those results. The product either lives up to its marketing claims or it doesn't. People have a Right to know this stuff.

searcher likes this.
  18. mayhem

Retired
    Maybe I should have said 'wandering to far for being in the EU. As mericans we forget that Europeans are far more intolerant than we free speechers are. Maybe he could exclude the EU and Canada and on;y allow some of his videos in the US only.

Anyway, don't take my comment as being against Jeorge at all. Internet forums are a lot like all speech in txt form, missing the nuance of tone infliction that can be taken the wrong way. Some people are real twitchie here about that.

Joe King and searcher like this.
  19. Joe King

They do seem to be a bit more touchy about stuff like that. lol
    ...but that should be expected in places where they're down on weapons for the public. Then here comes this guy showing how to weaponize common everyday things, well, that's the last thing they want. I'm actually surprised it took this long given the lib/prog mindset that tends to prevail over there. I'm sure he has at least a few viewers looking for anything they might be able to complain about.

searcher likes this.
  20. searcher

Daily Mail tries to get Nicest Guy on YouTube banned
    Dr. Layman

Published on Apr 2, 2017
    I misspoke at 5:53 : Not an airplane, but the Eurostar train.

The Daily Mail goes after Joerg Spravel of the Slingshot Channel and tries to ruin him.

The article:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic...

Joergs Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfiTx...

HOSDB Body Armour Standards for UK Police (2007)
    Part 3: Knife and Spike Resistance:
    http://webarchive.nationalarchives.go...

http://www.twitter.com/That_Layman
    http://ask.fm/DrLayman
    http://www.patreon.com/DrLayman

Joe King likes this.
  21. searcher

Victory! Strike Removed. Green Light for Reuploads. Wow.
    JoergSprave

Published on Apr 4, 2017
    United we stand. It worked. I am speechless.

Thank you! From the bottom of my heart.

mayhem and Joe King like this.
  22. searcher

Joerg's YouTube Terrorism School (SARCASM OVERLOAD)
    JoergSprave

Published on Apr 4, 2017
    Well, they started it. :)

23. searcher

How To Weaponize Dirtbags
    JoergSprave

Published on Apr 9, 2017
    We have weaponized many things on this channel. Office equipment, hardware store stuff, garbage, even spaghetti. But one thing was missing: Dirtbags.

See how an ordinary garbage bag can be converted into a huge flail, or war hammer on a rope. The weapon is so powerful that a one inch MDF board is snapped clean in half.

24. searcher

Reupload: The Forbidden "Stab Proof Vest" Video
    JoergSprave

Published on Apr 16, 2017
    Link to reddit's AMA page: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/
    (April 22nd, 2017, 1 PM EST)
    -------------------------------------------------------

Recently there has been a lot of talk about my little „stab proof vest“ video I uploaded six or seven months ago. The “Daily Mail” accused me to teach evil forces how to kill police officers, and even high ranking UK politicians duly condemned my little clip. To be very clear: My video was not about police gear. Such products are usually very well made and super tough. The authorities perform many tests before they spend the taxpayer’s money, and therefore I believe that the vest the police uses can’t be penetrated by any kind of knife, homemade or not.

The video was meant as a review about a relatively cheap anti stab vest sold on amazon. Given the deteriorating public safety in Europe, there clearly is increased demand for such legal ways to protect yourself, especially if you have to visit dangerous parts of the town. But also it is legal to carry certain knives in many parts of Europe, so many people legally carry a knife for self-defense. Since attackers can easily obtain protection vests as well, it is simply of public interest to know how well such vests actually perform. In the case of the vest I tested, that performance was obviously not satisfactory.

I do admit the title, the thumbnail and at least parts of the text description were a bit on the aggressive side, which is probably the reason why YouTube deleted the video. Well, you know what they say: You sell a steak on the sizzle. My bad. But I think the video itself is totally fine.

I decided to reupload it so you can check it out by yourself. I have no idea if YouTube will delete it again or not, but my hope is that they will let it stay, if only for the purpose of public discussion. The video will begin after this little introduction and I haven’t changed it in any way, except that it lost some image quality as I did not have the original file anymore, so I used a downloaded version in 720p resolution instead.

If you want to discuss this or any other issue with me, I will do another AMA on reddit on Saturday, April 22nd, 1 PM EST. My last reddit AMA was four years ago and made front page! I hope that plenty of people will participate this time, too. But of course feel free to leave your comments here, too.

So, thanks again for your help and support, I am still totally overwhelmed. And now enjoy the video! Thanks and bye bye.

25. searcher

Reupload: Shooting Right Through Police Riot Gear
    JoergSprave

Published on Apr 16, 2017
    I took down this video during the turmoil about the "stab proof vest" issue, merely as a precaution in order to avoid another strike. Now that the strike is removed and after YouTube told me the video was fine in the first place, I decided to reupload it.

Keep in mind this video is by no means a lecture for evil forces. Instead, the tests have been performed in order to find flaws in the related products. In fact, it turned out that the tested products are extremely well made and will protect the user against all kinds of weapons the police will likely encounter during a riot.

Only the 1000 Joule arrow shooter penetrated, but that weapon is not commercially available and is also totally not concealable. It has the same impact as an elephant rifle. It is absolutely clear that no plastic shield can stop a projectile like that.

Insofar it was not necessary to notify the manufacturer of the shield (the helmet is no longer in production). It also shows that poly carbonate is an excellent protection material and should replace aluminum in safety products altogether.

26. searcher

Oh no! Not the Lego.
    JoergSprave

Published on Apr 22, 2017
    Patreon link: http://www.patreon.com/JoergSprave
    ------------------------------------------
    We have tested many everyday things here, of course always in search of ways how to weaponize them. But what we haven't tested yet is - Lego bricks.

This things have many desirable qualities for ammo. Cheap. Hard. Edgy. Indestructible. But of course they are also lightweight, plus their awkward shape makes it hard to shoot them straight.

Therefore we built a custom shooter for the tiny plastic toys... and added some nails. See how much damage you can cause with these very basic elements!

27. searcher

"Vikings" Siege Engine - 90 kilos, 300 meters?
    JoergSprave

Published on Apr 30, 2017
    Download Vikings: War of clans and get 200 gold:
    https://goo.gl/htEBxM - iOS
    https://goo.gl/rVN8Tj - Android

http://bit.ly/2aBXcp6 - official group of Vikings on Facebook. Full information about the contest for 5 MILLION GOLD on the last post.
    This video contains a paid promotion for the game "Vikings: War Of Clans".

When we got a job offer by the makers of the popular "Vikings" game, we did not hesitate! The medieval era is a perfect match for The Slingshot Channel - a time when muscle operated weapons ruled.

The challenge: We wanted to find out if the great catapult (or, better, mangonel) that is a part of the game's arsenal really works or not. So we decided to build it in 1:20 scale - but otherwise as close to the game artworks as possible.

Turns out it works great! See for yourself.

A "The Slingshot Channel" presentation.

28. searcher

The Mystery Of The Damascus Karambit
    JoergSprave

Published on May 3, 2017
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/JoergSprave
    MTech Karambit USA: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mtech-Xtreme-...
    MTech Karambit Germany: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01D...
    More "mystery maker" knives: https://www.amazon.de/s/ref=bl_dp_s_w...
    Three Karambits - one of them homemade, with parts cheaper than 1€!

One of them made from folded steel - but from an unknown manufacturer. Can we lift the secret?

29. searcher

The Lego Sniper Rail Gun!
    JoergSprave

Published on May 7, 2017
    We made a Lego brick shooting pistol not so long ago, and found the weapon to be extremely accurate and surprisingly powerful. But it did NOT penetrate a coconut, not even with a big fat nail inserted into the plastic bricks. That leaves something to be desired!

So we made a proper Lego shooting sniper rifle - wit aluminum rails for ultimate precision. Unfortunately the incessant rain made it impossible to tune the scope in at a serious distance, so we just made some penetration tests and one longer shot as well. Very promising!

30. searcher

How To Weaponize Fidget Spinners
    JoergSprave

Published on May 18, 2017
    Fidget spinners are all the hype these days. Many videos have been made about how to play with them and also how fast they spin - but here at The Slingshot Channel, we are mainly interested in a single aspect of everything: Can it be used as a weapon - or as ammo, if that does not work?

31. searcher

The Fidget Spinner That Shouldn't Exist
    JoergSprave

Published on May 21, 2017
    Fidget spinners are weaponize-able, as we have already shown here on The Slingshot Channel, simply because we used them as ammo.

But what about bad-assing the spinners themselves? We decided to make a spinner by ourselves, from scratch. We bought a high end ceramics ball bearing and went to work... the outcome is a tri-pronged all-metal spinner that has razor sharp circular cutter blades attached!

Will Jörg be brave enough to spin the sharp, dangerous toy to full speed with the air compressor? Well, see for yourself.

32. searcher

"Spielzeugwaffe" für Sniper: 77 Joule, 100 Meter treffgenau - frei verkäuflich!
    JoergSprave

Published on May 27, 2017
    Zum Shop: http://www.slingshotchannelstore.de
    Link zum BKA-Feststellungsbescheid: http://tinyurl.com/h2nojeg
    -------------------------------------------------
    Es ist vielleicht die größte Lücke im Waffengesetz: Weil kein Geschoss DURCH einen Lauf getrieben wird, sondern ein Pfeil ÜBER den Lauf gleitet, hat das BKA den FX Airguns "Verminator MK2" in der "D" Version als freie Spielzeugwaffe eingestuft. Dieses Gewehr ist also vom Waffengesetz in keiner Weise erfasst, auch nicht als Anscheinswaffe. Es gelten keinerlei Einschränkungen.

Mit 77 Joule Energie richten die Pfeile allerdings beträchtlichen Schaden an, wie die Tests mit Ballistikgel, Leder und Kokosnüssen eindrucksvoll zeigen... sogar noch auf über 100 Meter Distanz.

Vielleicht die wirkungsvollste Waffe, die derzeit in Deutschland ohne jede Einschränkung erlaubt ist!

Eine "The Slingshot Channel" Produktion.

33. searcher

The world's most accurate arrow shooter?
    JoergSprave

Published on May 27, 2017
    Link to German version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlGRR...
    Manufacturer website: http://www.fxairguns.com
    German Shop: http://www.slingshotchannelstore.de
    Link to BKA-Assessment (German): http://tinyurl.com/h2nojeg
    --------------------------------------------
    This is probably the biggest loophole in German gun law: Because this arrow shooting airgun does not shoot a projetile THROUGH a barrel but OVER a barrel, the BKA (highest German authority on gun assessments) ruled that the Verminator MK2 in the arrow-only version is a toy and by no means covered by German gun law.

Means, it is totally unregulated, can be owned by minors, can be shot anywhere (with the land owner's permission) and can be kept loaded next to your night stand if you want - even though it has 10 times the energy of a legal (but still very regulated) pellet shooting air gun.

This video features a shot from 104 meters (114 yards) distance - the arrow pops a small balloon and travels on, punching a hole in the camera tripod leg...

34. searcher

Supersonic Lego Devastation
    JoergSprave

Published on May 31, 2017
    Link to intro poll (sorry, it is on the forum as Facebook did not work: http://www.theslingshotforum.com/f21/...
    -------------------------
    We love Lego ammo. But now the challenge is to see if we can shoot them at supersonic speed! The only viable approach is to use compressed air as a propellant and then push them through a barrel with a matching rectangular profile.

Because of the legal situation in Germany, we can not build a weapon based on that concept. But if the purpose (and construction) of the device is scientific research or testing, then the German gun law does not apply. Due to the definition of a gun in the law, a shooting device must be "meant for attack, defense, signalling, hunting, distance injection, marking, sport or gaming", otherwise the gun law does not apply. ("Bestimmt zum Angriff oder zur Verteidigung, zur Signalgebung, zur Jagd, zur Distanzinjektion, zur Markierung, zum Sport oder zum Spiel").

Therefore we made a pure, non portable (fixed mounted) test device solely in order to gain scientific knowledge. It works! See what Lego bricks can REALLY do... stepping on them is harmless in comparison.

35. searcher

On Viral Videos EXTREME
    JoergSprave

Published on Jun 4, 2017
    Link to PDF version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2l...

-----------------------------
    This is NOT a slingshot video! It is a little speech about the nature of viral videos... with many tips for those who are fellow hunters for such pieces. The insights of 8 years plus on YouTube, with 636 videos and 24 viral hits. I hope you find it interesting!

36. searcher

How To Weaponize Flat Steel Bars
    JoergSprave

Published on Jun 8, 2017
    Flat steel bars are very good makeshift weapons without ANY alteration. They are heavy, hard, cheap and can be found in any hardware store or DIY market.

Here at The Slingshot Channel, we love using them as material for our builds as they are very tough and can be sharpened nicely, yet they are quite easy to work on as they are unhardened. This makes them an ideal basis for home made post apocalyptic weapons, especially blades.

See how we use flat steel bars for a sword, for the meanest fidget spinners on the planet, for a makeshift throwing knife and even for "Runes", a home made throwing ax that ALWAYS sticks.

37. searcher

Overload? FOUR Amazing All New Shooters!
    JoergSprave

Published on Jun 18, 2017
    Gearhead Archery Products:
    Germany/Europe: https://www.slingshotchannelstore.de/...
    US: https://www.gearheadarchery.com/
    Patreon site: http://www.patreon.com/JoergSprave
    Facebook ShapeUp Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/11043...

--------------------------------
    Four new shooters: The coolest slingbow ever and the coolest super compact compound bow (Gearhead Archery T15 and T18), the FXAirguns Ranchero "Arrow" prototype and the Rambini 3D printed pre production slingshot.

Enjoy!

38. searcher

The "Cursed" Skallagrim Dagger...
    JoergSprave

Published on Jun 24, 2017
    The armor piercing dagger I used to pierce the "stab proof" vest is really famous, largely thanks to the Daily Mail. During that hard time fellow YouTube creator Skallagrim helped me out very much, and so I asked him if he wanted to review the weapon. He said yes, so I sent it to him.

Unfortunately the dagger got stolen on the way - he only received the empty package. Skallagrim now thinks the dagger is cursed... and he has a point, this thing lead to a lot of issues since I made it. But I believe in steel, not in curses, so I made another one! This video is a detailed "making of", containing many tips for the aspiring wood worker.

I put in an insanely well protected box and shipped it with registered, insured mail... let us hope it arrives fine! Can't wait to hear what Skallagrim thinks about it.

39. searcher

How To Weaponize Robosapien
    JoergSprave

Published on Jun 30, 2017
    This video contains a paid advertisement for the game "War Robots" by Pixonic.
    Download War Robots 6v6 PvP game and get FREE Starter Pack!
    http://bit.ly/2s2xO2c

When we were asked to help in the promotion of the new mobile phone game "War Robots", we accepted immediately - not only because it is a fun game, but also because it allowed us to build some cool weapons for toy robots...

40. searcher