1. Have a great weekend!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Metals finish week on a up note.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

So ... What happened to the threads of the last three weeks?

Discussion in 'Ask Questions about our site..' started by Publico, Apr 9, 2013.

1. honu5050

honu5050 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

nunya
    gim has entered the twilight zone !:ahhhhh:

2. GOLD DUCK

GOLD DUCK Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

QWAK,Take the HIT and just keep moving:thumbs_up: water under the bridge and spilt milk can not be helped by crying about what is lost.:cry_smile::thumbs_down:

It could have been worse --- could have lost EVERY THING!:idea::ahhhhh::vollkommenauf::goodnight:

the DUCK :s9:

3. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech
    And we have more than once!

Exploring option #4 - what exactly does one need? Can someone host it from home?

What is our traffic load?

I have no idea how to do this, but I'm sure we have a wealth of experts here on GIM...

4. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

no, the load is too great,

the porthole to the net needs to be much larger than your telephone line,

5. Unclad Lad

Unclad Lad Rhodium Imam Gold Chaser

Keeping those damn kids off my lawn!
    Well, I'm still having issues. For example, when I go to post, all of the options above the comment area are gone. The "[x] [/x]" stuff--I can't remember what they're called. I also have no way to fix my Settings, because that button is GONE.

6. hammerhead

hammerhead Not just a screen name Gold Chaser

Oddly enough, a few threads reappeared in General Discussion. First night it went down, all but stickys were gone. I don't know why. :confused:

7. curmudgeonista

curmudgeonista Banned

I was talking with another GIM member the other day about the glitch and I mentioned something to the effect that I've never written anything I'd be all that upset about losing. But, he told me about several posts of his that he'd done some really extensive research and work on that he really would hate to lose. Fortunately, he said he kept a local copy and can repost, but I realize not everyone does.

Well, that made me think, maybe the site could offer a blog section for that type of well researched info. I suppose some might use it for C&P's that they think are really important too.

Not sure if this is an option for GIM, but I have seen other forums that offered blogspace to those interested, sometimes with a set-up fee that helps support the site.

I do understand that forums are different from chat rooms in that an archive of posts is generally kept, but as we've seen that can still be rather fleeting. If nothing else, old threads slide so far down that they become almost irretrievable anyway. Even with the search function you really have to have some very unique search terms or enough time to browse through a lot of threads to find one in particular. Having a blog area could be beneficial for those who really have something of great value to impart to the rest of us.

Tinbox likes this.
  8. honu5050

honu5050 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

nunya
    ask Kissinger for help. :p