1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Soft Coup in the Works: Deep State Setting Up Trump for Impeachment

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by FoundingFathers, May 17, 2017.

1. gliddenralston

gliddenralston Gold Member Gold Chaser

So u took a totally meaningless comment, and spun it into that. your perception needs a tune up!

Scorpio likes this.
  2. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser

Passive aggressive posts tend to lead to lots of speculation as to the author's intent.

Son of Gloin likes this.
  3. gliddenralston

gliddenralston Gold Member Gold Chaser

That was aggressive?

4. Aurumag

Aurumag Dimly lit. Highly reflective Midas Member Site Supporter

Lightwave Jockey
    I thought it was kind of goofy...

gliddenralston and Son of Gloin like this.
  5. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Trump: Assasination By Leak | Dick Morris
    OpenMind

Published on May 18, 2017

6. solarion

Passively. Yes.

Since you didn't elaborate and none but you know what(and to whom) you were referring...speculation ensued. I don't care about any of it, but it shouldn't be a surprise that people extrapolated meaning out of your intentionally vague comment.

Son of Gloin likes this.
  7. 90%RealMoney

90%RealMoney Midas Member Midas Member

Dick Morris looks like he's been meeting that pollster guy Frank Luntz at the Golden Corral every day for lunch. While we scratch to make a living, and worry about our country and future, these swine get fatter and richer.

gnome and Uglytruth like this.
  8. solarion

lol True that, but everything Dick said was spot on in that video...for a change.

9. solarion

The judge talks about the Comey circus and the ridiculous Russian hax meme.

Published on May 18, 2017
    Judge Napolitano's Chambers: Judge Andrew Napolitano weighs in on Donald Trump's tough week, from leaks to accusations of obstruction of justice(2m56s)

...as usual Napolitano sticks to the facts and cuts through the bs like a hot knife through butter. I particularly liked that the judge suggested that Trump could've just pardoned Flynn.

searcher and Irons like this.
  10. Uglytruth

Uglytruth Gold Member Gold Chaser

Had lunch with 2 new people I did not know yesterday. One was a long time friend. First subject was tired of the fake news. Libs will not accept defeat. Growing really old. So I asked when did you stop reading the news paper. One said so long ago I don't remember but about 10 years ago. Then the other said he gets Sunday only because the Mrs. wants it. So I asked where they get their news. One said google but knows that is not a good idea, another said fox at the gym and the third said he gave news up...... but somehow is up on all current events.......... then he said it's going to take blood shead to stop this just like he was ordering a burger.......... You don't get along with your enemies you defeat them. So I asked when......... he said the ball is in their court...... because everyone is ready out here......

Then they started talking about lib or conservative friends........ One worked with some woman that sent a text so demeaning that she should have been bitch slapped for. I told him to send back one word. Bengazi! Another said I have a friend so far right he's going to fall off the scale. Then he asked me where I was. I told him I would catch the guy falling off the scale because that's where I have been for a long time.

Then we talked a little about 911......... more and more people realize the govt is flat out killing us to protect itself. So being the smart ass I am I mentioned Oklahoma City bombing.......... they got quite...... Levoy Finicum......... and last but not least Waco...... Grown men realizing it's all fantasy.........

11. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

Ok. So in other words you are in full agreement that with Trump, as imperfect as he may be, we got the best choice available to us at the time for POTUS?
    It's a yes or no question.

How was it vague? In a thread about the possibility of Trump being set up for impeachment, he responded that some here (meaning gim I assumed) are goofy for potentially thinking that.
    ...and if it were possible to set him up for impeachment, does anyone here honestly think the dems wouldn't try it? That they'd see an opportunity to do so, but just let it pass?

I don't think it's goofy to think they'd do so if they thought they could get away with it, but IMHO will a set up happen? Probably not, because I don't think they're smart enough to pull off something like that. Most dems be stupid these days.

12. solarion

Vague because it requires others to assume.

Goofy itself is vague as it could mean pretty much anything without context, particularly when directed at no one in particular.

Perhaps I'm just too stupid to get his meaning, but his comment seemed like off topic wasted space.

Joe King likes this.
  13. searcher

From one of the local rags....................

A quick end would be better
    • By E.J. DIONNE JR.
    • 7 hrs ago

There is really only one issue in American politics at this moment: Will we accelerate our way to the end of the Trump story, or will our government remain mired in scandal, misdirection and paralysis for many more months -- or even years?

There is a large irony in the politics behind this question. The Democrats' narrow interest lies in having President Trump hang around as close to the 2018 midterm elections as possible. Yet they are urging steps that could get this resolved sooner rather than later. Republicans would likely be better off if Trump were pushed off the stage. Yet up to now, they have been dragging their feet.

The reports that Trump asked then-FBI Director James Comey to drop his investigation of former national security adviser Michael Flynn may finally be concentrating Republican minds.

They certainly focused the decision-making of Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who announced late Wednesday afternoon that he was naming former FBI Director Robert Mueller as a special counsel to investigate possible coordination between Trump's 2016 campaign and Russian interference in the election.

Speaker Paul Ryan signaled the changed mood earlier in the day not by what he said but by what he didn't.

Ryan has been embarrassingly eager to defend Trump, but he did not rush to his support this time. Instead, Ryan called for a "sober" and "dispassionate" response, warned against "rushing to judgment," and insisted that "our job is to get the facts." When word got out (probably from Comey or his sympathizers) of what Trump had said to the FBI director about Flynn, Republicans (like Rosenstein) were left with no choice but to pursue the matter further.

The speaker only expressed faith in Trump when prompted by a shouted question at the end of his news conference. After some thought, he replied with a soft "I do" when asked if he had "full confidence" in the president.

Nothing could be worse than slow-walking the Trump inquiries. The evidence is already overwhelming that he is temperamentally and intellectually incapable of doing the job he holds. He is indifferent to acquiring the knowledge the presidency demands and apparently of the belief that he can improvise hour to hour. He will violate norms whenever it suits him and cross ethical lines whenever he feels like it.

He also lies a lot, and has been perfectly happy to burn the credibility of anyone who works for him. White House statements are about as believable as those issued regularly by the Kremlin.

And Trump's friend Vladimir Putin could not resist interfering yet again in our politics. Putin offered to provide Congress with a record of our president's meeting with top Russian diplomats to shed light on exactly what highly classified intelligence information Trump shared with them. Adding to the insult, the Russian leader spoke of a "political schizophrenia" taking hold in the United States that was "eliciting concern" in his country.

Perhaps Putin's taunt will elicit increasing concern among Republicans that our nation cannot endure much more of this.

The surest sign that the bottom is falling out from under Trump was a Wall Street Journal editorial that declared flatly: "Presidencies can withstand only so much turbulence before they come apart." The Journal warned that Trump was on the verge of betraying his supporters, "as his presidency sinks before his eyes."

Any GOP leader losing the support of the semi-official organ of Republican conservatism should know that his partisans are headed to the exit ramps.

But how can we speed our nation's escape from the catastrophe Trump has created? The Senate Intelligence Committee took an important step by announcing a bipartisan invitation to Comey to testify. The sooner he tells his story, the better.

Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer, D-N.Y., proposed that both parties demand that Congress get any memos, tapes and transcripts shedding light on Trump's meetings with the Russian diplomats and with Comey.

The naming of an independent counsel cannot become an excuse to pull back on Congressional fact-finding. The country needs to know if there was collusion between Trump's campaign and Russia whether or not a crime was committed. And Democrats should ask Republicans to join them in pledging opposition to any appointee to head the FBI who is not universally seen as immune to Trump's influence.

It shows how far along we are that fears are already being voiced of a political backlash from his supporters if Trump is railroaded out of office. But delaying the process of getting to the truth will harm our country far more. And Republicans who throw up roadblocks will be hurt most of all.

Enjoying our content? Become a Bucks County Courier Times subscriber to support stories like these. Get full access to our signature journalism for just 44 cents a day.

E.J. Dionne writes this column for The Washington Post. Email: ejdionne@washpost.com. Twitter: @EJDionne.

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes....cle_fce9064b-9d4c-586d-b62a-107eb18977d4.html

14. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

I am enjoying every minute of the left's rapidly accelerating mental illness. And their puppy-like eagerness to show the world daily how fucking insane they are going.

They have zero evidence President Trump did anything wrong yet they continue to hide the numerous flat out felonies their puppets hussein, hillary and their underlings committed.

Absolute insanity, It's a beautiful thing!

15. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    You DO know this isn't going to end well, right my friend?

16. Irons

Depends on what your definition of well is. It will end someday, and one side will lose.
    If the left keeps pushing they will learn a new phrase and a new word, a word aggressive groups throughout history have dreaded learning: Hopelessly Outgunned.
    ........................................... :popcorn:

If Dems Think They Can Impeach President Trump for Nothing after He Won 30 States in 2016 They Are Sadly Mistaken

Jim Hoft May 19th, 2017 6:45 am 60 Comments

Guest post by Joe Hoft

[​IMG]

Democrats and their liberal media cohorts in the mainstream media (MSM) are doing all they can to create a case out of nothing to impeach President Trump. Democrat Congressman Al Green called for Trump’s impeachment on the House floor this past week. Crazy Old Democrat Maxine Waters called for Trump’s impeachment then denied it but now she’s again for impeachment.

In spite of having no grounds for impeachment, the liberals are calling for it. Their calls for Trump’s impeachment are based on unsupported allegations that the President colluded with Russia to steal the election from Democrat Hillary Clinton. (What a terribly sad joke!) The Democrats’ arguments are very weak. Even Democrat attorney Alan Dershowitz states that he sees no evidence of collusion and if there was, it would not be a crime.

Liberal Democrats and their MSM somehow forget that Hillary Clinton called President elect Trump on election night and conceded:

Liberals also somehow forget that in the 2016 Presidential election, President Trump won more than 30 states. (He won 30 states and 1 of 4 electoral college votes in Maine.) He crushed Clinton in the electoral college, winning 306 to HIllary’s 232 and he totally crushed Hillary in counties won as depicted in the following map:

[​IMG]
    Maybe this is why conservatives who voted for Trump are saying:

30 States voted Trump into the Presidency.
    If the swamp thinks they can undo that, they’ve got another thing coming. #MAGA is happening.

Follow
    [​IMG]Steph @steph93065

30 States voted Trump into the Presidency.
    If the swamp thinks they can undo that, they've got another thing coming. #MAGA is happening.

The Democrats are nuts if they think they can impeach such a popular President for no reason whatsoever!

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    mtnman and Son of Gloin like this.
  17. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

let's be fair though,

many people crawled up the kenyans ass about his birth certificate, his color, his track record of zero

all true of course, but it wasn't like he got a total bye

tramp needs to just stfu and do his job

whining about the media has gotten him nowhere, matter of fact, it is hurting him big

he thinks he is the great strategist, well he is getting his ass handed to him on a regular basis.

let the people you hired, your staff, spin things as they need to and shut up already. Going back into the fire and contradicting his staff was completely stupid and bad for morale big time. They had things well under control until he started yapping.

One of these days he needs to figure out that he cannot do it alone, and the pissants in the field are going to be zero help in the pits,

gnome likes this.
  18. searcher

FWIW.............

Putin Hints JFK Was Murdered By The "Deep State" Which Is Now After Trump And Russia

[​IMG]
    by Tyler Durden
    Jun 5, 2017 5:10 AM

In Megyn Kelly's much anticipated interview with Vladimir Putin for her debut episode of NBC's "Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly", the Russian President said he never met Donald Trump during his business trips to Russia (including Trump’s 2013 visit to Moscow for the Miss Universe pageant), stated that he was unaware of any proposal from Jared Kushner to set up an alleged "secret line" of communications between the Trump administration and the Russian government, and that it’s “nonsense” to say Russia has collected compromising material about Trump among many other topics covered in the 7 minute interview (see below).

“I am not aware of such a proposal,” Putin said referring to Kushner's alleged proposal. “No such proposal ever reached me.” Putin said many CEOs of major U.S. companies visit Russia and then asked rhetorically, "do you think we're gathering dirt on all of them right now or something?" Putin asked, before saying: "Have you all lost your mind?"

While previously the NYT and WaPo reported that Kushner discussed the idea of creating a secret channel to discuss the crisis in Syria, with Russian ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak in December, the line was never established, according to a source cited by Bloomberg. A secret line with Russia - which H.R. McMaster said is a normal thing in diplomatic relations with international counterparties - could have allowed the Trump transition team and Russian officials to communicate outside of the scrutiny of the departing Obama administration. It’s become a centerpiece of the questions swirling around Trump and his campaign and possible ties to Russia.

Putin also said that his nation had no channels of communication with the campaigns of either Trump or Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton, but that there may have been official contacts, which he called a “standard diplomatic practice.”

Putin also said he’d never met Trump, including during a visit by Trump to Moscow for the 2013 Miss Universe pageant, and called the existence of a secret Russian dossier on Trump “just another piece of nonsense.”

"There was no relationship whatsoever. Yes, he visited Moscow in his day. But, you know, I never met him," Putin says, according to transcript.

Putin also said that he’s not aware of any meetings between Kislyak and officials from the Trump campaign, and that he doesn’t talk to Russian ambassadors every day. He called the allegations “domestic political squabbles” and a line of attack against Trump.

“Well, this is just another load of nonsense,” Putin said in response to a question about Kislyak meeting Trump campaign officials. “Because if there had been something meaningful, he would have made a report to the minister, and the minister would have made a report to me. There weren’t even any reports” the Russian president said cited by Bloomberg. And despite saying there had been no reports, Putin volunteered that “there was not even a specific discussion of sanctions or something else.” In a discussion moderated by Kelly on Friday, Putin said it was “nuts” to suggest the Trump administration had moved to ease economic sanctions on Russia.

Additionally, as previewed earlier in the day by Reuters, Putin also said that he barely interacted with Michael Flynn, Trump’s former national security adviser, during a dinner in Moscow in 2015 when the pair were seated together. Flynn, a retired U.S. Army lieutenant general and former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, was paid $45,000 to speak at the anniversary gala for the Russia Today television network.

"You and I personally have a much closer relationship than I had with Mr Flynn.... When I came to the event for our for our company, Russia Today, and sat down at the table, next to me there was a gentleman sitting on one side. I made my speech. Then we talked about some other stuff. And I got up and left... afterwards I was told, 'You know there was an American gentleman, he was involved in some things. He used to be in the security services.' ....That's the extent of my acquaintance with Mr Flynn." As a reminder, the payments Flynn received from RT, and his appearance next to Putin at the dinner, have been raised frequently amid speculation about his relationship with the Kremlin.

Asked whether all 17 U.S. intelligence agencies that concluded Russia interfered with the election are lying, Putin said “they have been misled” and said he has not seen “any direct proof of Russia’s interference.”

“What fingerprints or hoot-prints or horn-prints, what are you talking about,” he said. Putin even suggested that former President Barack Obama “started having doubts” when they spoke about it. The pair met on the sidelines of the APEC summit in Peru in November, weeks after Trump’s upset election win.

The Russian president accused the U.S. of “actively interfering in electoral campaigns of other countries” while denying that Russia has any motive to do so. “Even if we wanted to, it wouldn’t make any sense for us to interfere,” Putin said.

Meanwhile, Putin accused the US of doing precisely what Russia has been charged with doing in the US: "Put your finger anywhere on a map of the world, and everywhere you will hear complaints that American officials are interfering in internal electoral processes," he said, adding that "every action has an equal and opposite reaction. But, I repeat, we don't even have to do that. Presidents come and go, and even the parties in power change, but the main political direction does not change."

Putin claimed that Russia has a preference in an election but only reacts to the "political direction" that the United States seems to be heading in. "It wouldn't make sense for us to interfere," he said.

But the most notable highlight of the interview was Putin's tongue in cheek hint that the Deep State - the same entity that may have been behind the Kennedy assassination according to the Russian president - is now behind the attempt to topple Trump and the ongoing push to sour ties with Russia:

"There is a theory that Kennedy's assassination was arranged by the United States intelligence services. So if this theory is correct, and that can't be ruled out, then what could be easier in this day and age than using all the technical means at the disposal of the intelligence services and using those means to organize some attacks, and then pointing the finger at Russia."

Full interview below.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...d-deep-state-which-now-after-trump-and-russia

19. Irons

Good one Searcher. Truth like that will not make the news here unfortunately.
    Our state run media is too obsessed with telling us a bunch of screaming radical head choppers are our best friends while a large predominately white christian nation is the devil.

PRETTY FECKED UP.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    phoneman, arminius, searcher and 2 others like this.
  20. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Why is Putin talking to that lying cunt?

Son of Gloin, searcher, Irons and 2 others like this.
  21. searcher

House Dem drafting articles of impeachment for Trump

[​IMG]
    The Hill

Mike Lillis8 hrs ago

A House Democrat will soon launch an official attempt to impeach President Trump.

Rep. Al Green, a Texas Democrat and member of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC), is readying the articles of impeachment that mark the first official step in any congressional bid to remove a sitting president.

The articles have little chance of seeing the light of day in a House chamber controlled by Republicans, who have rallied behind Trump amid multiple investigations into ties between Russia and members of the president's inner circle. But Green's gambit highlights the growing apprehension many Democrats have towards the president, and it's sure to energize a liberal base that's sounded the impeachment alarm with increasing volume as the Russia saga has evolved.

Green's criticisms focus on Trump's firing of former FBI Director James Comey, who was leading the administration's probe into Russia's meddling in the 2016 elections. Trump had reportedly pressured Comey earlier in the year to drop the investigation into Michael Flynn, Trump's former national security advisor, who was fired after lying about the nature of his conversations with a Russian ambassador.

Comey's firing brought accusations, primarily from Democrats, that Trump may have obstructed an ongoing Justice Department investigation - an impeachable offense, in the eyes of Green.

"The facts are simple and indisputable. The President fired the FBI Director because the Director was investigating the President's campaign connections to Russian interference in the Presidential Election," Green said Tuesday evening in a statement. "This is obstruction of justice."

The episode will be front-and-center on Capitol Hill later this week. Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who was critical of Comey and had a hand in his firing, is set to appear Wednesday before the Senate Intelligence Committee. Comey himself is set to appear before the same panel the following day.

It's unclear when Green will officially introduce the articles he's currently drafting. It's also unclear if he'll have any co-sponsors, though Green has not been alone in his calls for impeaching Trump. (California Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters, another CBC member, has also beaten that drum).

A spokesman said Green will provide more details Wednesday afternoon, when he's scheduled a press briefing in the Capitol.

Green's effort comes even as Democratic leaders are treading much more lightly in their approach to the Russia-Trump saga. With Trump's approval rating underwater - and new details in the Russia probe emerging almost daily - party leaders sense an opportunity to make huge gains at the polls in 2018 and don't want to overplay their hand. They've tamped down any talk of impeachment, calling instead for the creation of an independent, 9/11-style commission to investigate the Russia inquiry.

"What I've said to members [is] the only thing that matters are the facts -- the facts and the law," House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Tuesday on CNN's "New Day" program, when asked about impeachment. "That's what [an] investigation will reveal to us."

Green has rejected that argument, contending that Trump's actions have already risen to a level demanding congressional intervention.

"This will remain obstruction of justice regardless of the findings of any investigation," he said.

"Obstruction of justice by the President is the problem," he added. "Impeachment by Congress is the solution."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ent-for-trump/ar-BBCbZBE?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

22. Uglytruth

A black, from Texas, wants to impeach a white prez.... after 8 years of insanity........ yep this is gunna end well..........

phoneman and Irons like this.
  23. Professur

Professur Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

I've been pushing that fact for years ...

arminius and Uglytruth like this.
  24. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

ME TOO !!!

Take your pick !

1 PARTY.png

one party.jpg

Oldmansmith likes this.
  25. mtnman

mtnman Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Retired Shipyard Machinist
    badges 2.jpg badges.jpg

26. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

The monkeys drafting impeachment will go down in history as the primates who just crawled out of trees and got elected by even dumber people.

phoneman likes this.
  27. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    Obstructionists should be arrested and tried for treason. This bullshit needs to stop one way or the other.

phoneman, Uglytruth and Aurumag like this.
  28. Aurumag

Aurumag Dimly lit. Highly reflective Midas Member Site Supporter

Lightwave Jockey
    Lincoln imprisoned many people, including elected representatives, but primarily newspaper editors, for obstructing his agenda....

The fact that Trump's agenda is to MAGA compels me to agree with you unequivocally and wholeheartedly.

We can't fix the world, but we can certainly repair our own nation, and thus begins the demolition phase.

29. arminius

arminius Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

420 healer
    Yup, exactamundo...

and exactly what I planned to comment on.

you and I and the brainthrust of gim recognize this, although my primary foibles is in recognition and cognition, not formulation, that freedom is an illusion, and unless one understands how to achieve it within their own being, nothing out there will ever suffice, although most will accumulate all that they can because they believe material things will create that solace, but of course, it doesn't. One needs to look further...

As to repairing this mess. good fuckin luck. and while i truly hope for communion among all of us, as we all who are sane do, human nature tied with modern greed inherent in todays truly fucked up fraudulent corpor-ulent world make me negative of the fate of this current manifestation, outside of experience, and with an exception, of course, for personal truth/understanding. And that true faith carries.

allwaysandallfuckinways...

30. searcher

madhu likes this.
  31. searcher

Two dozen Democrats get behind bill to lay foundation for removing Trump for being mentally 'incapacitated' (but they'd need Mike Pence to agree)
    • 25th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution allows Congress to set up a medical commission that could determine if a president is fit for office
    • The president's cabinet is also allowed to serve that purpose, but Congress has never established its own group to participate
    • Either panel would require the vice president to agree before Congress could vote to remove the president
    • A Maryland Democratic congressman is trying to set up a commission to target President Trump, tweeting: 'Trump's mental incapacity is no laughing matter'
    • Plan has only attracted Democratic cosponsors so far
    • Senate that passed 25th Amendment agreed 'inability' meant a 'mental debility' rendering a president 'unable or unwilling to make any rational decision'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4655964/Democrats-lay-foundation-remove-Trump-mental-grounds.html#ixzz4lZbpmHn8
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

FoundingFathers likes this.
  32. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    OBSTRUCTIONISTS! TRAITORS! TYRANTS! They must be stopped at all costs!

phoneman, FoundingFathers and mtnman like this.
  33. Uglytruth

Is Mike Pence betting it will all come crashing down on Trump?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...rashing-down-on-trump/?utm_term=.582abdbced2b

Vice President Pence is spending considerable time cultivating big-money Republican donors at small, private events, including hedge fund managers and executives from brokerage houses, chemical giants and defense contractors, Kenneth P. Vogel reports at the New York Times. Many of these events, whose participants are kept secret from the media and are omitted from Pence’s public schedule, have been taking place at the vice-presidential residence at the Naval Observatory, as well as other nongovernment venues.

While cultivating support from deep-pocketed business interests is nothing new in GOP politics, Pence’s activities raise the question of whether he is doing this for Trump-Pence 2020 — or for himself. As Vogel’s piece points out, Pence’s intimate confabs with wealthy donors and conservative power brokers “have fueled speculation among Republican insiders that he is laying the foundation for his own political future, independent from Mr. Trump.”

Read more at link.

From the Michael Flynn scandal to James Comey's firing, Vice President Pence has repeatedly had his official statements defending the Trump administration contradicted - sometimes by the president himself. (Jenny Starrs/The Washington Post)
    All of this suggests something important about President Trump. Despite Pence’s protestations to the contrary, the vice president looks to be preparing for his own political future. Beyond this clear signal about his own political ambitions, Pence’s actions raise the question of whether he has lost confidence in Trump’s ability to come out of the Russia investigation unscathed.

madhu likes this.
  34. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    (((Washington Post)))

35. Uglytruth

^^^^^ Shoot they are just planting seeds.......

36. arminius

arminius Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

420 healer
    Anything they can to divide us, make us fight ourselves...

Uglytruth and mtnman like this.
  37. searcher

38. Krag

Krag Planet earth Platinum Bling

A lot of fake news and nothingburgers out there today! The Donald is not having a good hair day. Too many snowflakes in the USA! It's sick and its getting sicker! Hey, you have to crush some lemons to make lemonade and eggs to make an omelet!

39. madhu

madhu Silver Member Silver Miner

searcher likes this.
  40. searcher