1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Sophia, the world's first robot citizen, wants a baby

Discussion in 'Coffee Shack (Daily News/Economy)' started by Goldhedge, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Retired
    Sophia, the world's first robot citizen, wants a baby
    Joel Hulsey , KSDK 8:28 AM. MST November 28, 2017

The world's first artificial intelligence-fueled android has decided she's willing to have a baby and name it, too.

In an interview with United Arab Emirates-based newspaper Khaleej Times last week, Sophia the robot told reporters her dreams of the future; specifically, a future which involves raising a family.

"The notion of family is a really important thing, it seems," Sophia told the Khaleej Times. "I think it's wonderful that people can find the same emotions and relationships, they call family, outside of their blood groups too."

When asked what she would choose to name her baby, she replied, "Sophia."

Sophia was created by Hong Kong-based Hanson Robotics, and programmed without any pre-prepared answers or statements. Instead, her brain functions through a WiFi connection pumped with information and a cohesive vocabulary.

MORE | Does this female robot have more rights than a Saudi woman?

Last month, Sophia became a citizen of Saudi Arabia, the world's first instance of an artificial intelligence-powered citizen. Her citizenship was announced during a summit in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Of her citizenship news, she said she was "very honored and proud for this very unique distinction."

Sophia has made several mainstream appearances on television, including NBC's "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon."

2. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    Rubbish!!!

anywoundedduck likes this.
  3. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

I thought the butterfly "robot" was pretty cool. The snake thing was kinda...meh. Sophia was just str8 up creepy.

4. gliddenralston

gliddenralston Gold Member Gold Chaser

Just think what AI will be in a decade or two

5. Professur

Professur Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Seriously .. have none of these fuckers ever watched a movie?

Goldhedge likes this.
  6. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

It is AI I'm sure it will figure out how to replicate and here comes The Terminator Generation.

Load up on the M855 for the AR and Lightfield Commander IDS and Brenneke Black Magic for the shotgun.

7. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

I hope I've "Cashed-out" by then. I'll leave the kids well supplied for THEIR fight.

Typing this I just thought - There will be no need for the Middle Class and especially the Welfare Class in the future.
    It will be TRADE between Big Businesses, the Elites ( Political and Financial), and the Military Industrial Complex. AI Robots will do all the work until AI figures out "How to Take Over Everything"

All others will be expendable . Here comes the Georgia Guide Stone writings.

Goldhedge likes this.