1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Special 30th Anniv. SAE at the LCS

Discussion in 'PM's - Coins - Numis - Base Metals' started by Ragnarok, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Ragnarok

Ragnarok I'd rather be Midas Member

Well, I picked up (lemme see if I can get all the description right!), a slabbed NGC 2016-W Eagle S$1, Lettered Edge, Early Releases, PF70 Ultra Cameo Eagle 30th Anniversary coin for 70 frns from the LCS.

I know, it all melts the same, but after checking the web the price paid wasn't too bad for this coin. I don't have many numismatic issues, usually preferring the (much) cheaper bullion, but decided I couldn't pass this up.

Thoughts?

R.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    gringott likes this.
  2. Starter

Starter Silver Member Silver Miner

Based on the current market, it looks like you got a decent price on this coin. Recent eBay auctions for similar coins with the same grade have ranged from $69 to $100.

That being said, much of the market price is based on the PF70 grade and slab. If you were willing to buy an ungraded coin in original Mint packaging, the coin is still available from the Mint at a price of $53.95. Also still available are the 2016-w burnished silver eagle (with 30th anniversary lettering) for $44.95 and the Reagan Coin and Chronicles set (with proof silver eagle, Reagan reverse proof dollar, and medal) for $68.95 (which I bought myself).

3. Ragnarok

Ragnarok I'd rather be Midas Member

Thanks for that info Starter, I had no idea they were still available.
    Didn't think about checking the Mint, figured they were long gone by now.

R.

gringott likes this.