1. First market day of the week as we head to US transition.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Tues Morning! Gold and Silver flying to the up. Gold +20 bucks to 1216. Silver is +30 to 1707. Crude is also moving to the up 72 to 5309. The USD is down 36 to 100.82.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 1/7/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1173.40-- UP 21.70 Silver $16.52-- UP 54 Oil $53.99 -- UP 27 TICS USD $102.21 -- DOWN 7 Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE 2017 $1243.95 (1), SAE $19.53 (20)
  4. Added Heartland Precious Metals out of OK and LA to the map, Added Texas Precious Metals, and Added Provident Metals.

Sprint Customer Service

Discussion in 'Others-Electronics, Photography, Gardening?' started by nickndfl, Jan 19, 2016.

1. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Is non-existent.

I was eligible to upgrade my business cell phone this month while the actual 2-yr. contract is up in May. I am going with the Galaxy Note 5. I need the fastest performance for several business needs.

The problem is I could not lease a phone through Best Buy on my commercial account only using personal accounts. Leasing is best for me because I need to constantly stay ahead of the technology curve to stay ahead of the competition. It costs less to lease and BB offers a better deal than going directly.

After literally going in circles and bouncing around for 6 hours over the phone with half a dozen incompetent customer reps and a worthless visit to a Sprint corporate store over the course of ten days the account was changed from business to personal yesterday.

Today my hotspot did not function because in the change over they screwed up lots of things including the account settings.

Another half hour to make sure everything is active and working before trading my old phone in and I was off to Best Buy for the new phone.

I got to Best Buy and Sprint changed my eligibility. I called Sprint and after another half hour and 2 more reps they said I could talk to a manager and possibly work something out.

I just had no more patience. They simply did not want me going through BB. I could have just rode the business contract out and avoided all of the trips and headaches. I have been a customer for at least five years and will be looking at Verizon in May. Do not go with Sprint for wireless service.

2. historyrepete

historyrepete Silver Member Silver Miner

They've all got short comings. It's about like cable tv. I've had em all, dish network, direct t.v., sure west, Comcast. They just want us under contract.
    Sprint f'd up my phone bill for dam near a year until they finally got it right. I've been with them for almost 20 years.
    Don't tell me about stupid, I'm leasing a freaking cell phone. Dave Ramsey would kill me!

3. wallew

wallew Gold Member Gold Chaser

Retired - no job, no money
    OWN YOUR PHONE. I know, I know, not as 'bleeding edge' as most people want, but WAY CHEAPER in the long run.

I've OWNED my current phone for six plus years. No internet, no texting. IT'S A DANG PHONE. THAT'S ALL.

http://www.sonimtech.com/index.php/en/products/device/device/SonimXP5_15
    mine is actually an earlier version than that one, but it's the only one they carry that is NOT a smartphone. I think I paid about $300 for it back in 2010.

My NEXT phone will also be from Sonim, but it will be a smart phone.

http://www.sonimtech.com/index.php/en/products/device/device/SonimXP7_3
    this one from Sonim is about $750. LAST PHONE I WILL PROBABLY OWN. By 2021, I suspect phones won't look anything LIKE they do today.

My wife is buying an iPhone 6s and it's about $650 from the Apple store. I think we will go GSM (think TMobile or AT&T)- which means NO SPRINT, NO VERIZON (they are CDMA)

4. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

I need the latest phone because I use it for a hotspot and do business on it.

5. REO 54

REO 54 Midas Member Midas Member

6. ctrl-z

ctrl-z Seeker Seeker

Concure, they all have good and bad. I have been with sprint for years and use a Wilson booster at home. I have strong signal %90 of the places I go. I have had pretty good luck with them customer service wise. Not perfect but no worse than anywhere else. Luck of the draw I am sure.

But I am also a sero customer. Two lines unlimited data (20 - 50 gigs/month) 500 anytime minutes (I use less than 50 a month) for aprox $116 a month.

7. TomD

TomD It blowed up, y'all Gold Chaser

construction, engineering
    I'm a project manager with a mid-sized construction company. The phone doesn't have to be latest generation but a competent smart phone is an ABSOLUTE necessity. I would be crippled without it, non-competitive and out.

I have all my files resident on my office computer but also in the cloud. From anywhere I can pull up budgets, bids, proposals, communication records of all types, job photos, billings, plans, topos on Google Earth Pro, directions, phone lists. It gives me more capability than any 3 people from a couple of decades ago.

God knows where it's going from here.

8. madhu

madhu Silver Member Silver Miner

After enriching AT &T for more than 15 years , every month 200$ bill. I finally said good bye.
    This I phone and it's back hand deals with major carriers is a total scam and ripoff.

Now I'm a total wireless customer with LG phone. Meets all my needs so far

9. Usury

Usury Gold Member Gold Chaser

I second Verizon. If you own the phone, the plan is cheap---especially with multiple lines. I have 5 lines for my family and total bill just over $200/mo. Unlimited text/voice & shared $15G data.

Most places I've been, their coverage is superior to the other carriers (which is critical IMO), and I've had good luck with service both on the phone and in the stores.