1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Sugar can fuel cancerous cells - study says

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by FoundingFathers, Nov 12, 2017.

1. FoundingFathers

FoundingFathers Founder Founding Member Site Mgr Site Supporter

http://www.ajc.com/news/world/sugar-can-fuel-cancerous-cells-study-says/sfgu0ZAIpwztqFgqzPrtyI/

Different types of foods have been linked to cancer, including saturated fats and processed meats. Now scientist say sugar can fuel the disease, too.

Researchers from universities in Belgium recently conducted a nine-year experiment, published in Nature Communications, that revealed how sugar stimulates the growth of tumors.

They explained that healthy cells receive energy through aerobic respiration, a process that transforms digested food into energy molecules. To complete the process, oxygen is required so that carbon dioxide can be released.

On the other hand, cancerous cells get energy from fermenting sugar, which causes tumor growth. This is called the Warburg effect.

2. hoarder

hoarder Midas Board Mmbr Platinum Bling

This has been known for many years and the medical establishment has kept quiet about it. I suppose it has become known widely enough that they realized the need to go public with it to salvage their credibility (and add to it by conducting a "study" to find what is already known).

Uncle, smooth, Bigjon and 2 others like this.
  3. FoundingFathers

FoundingFathers Founder Founding Member Site Mgr Site Supporter

Exactly - we've been talking about it on GIM for over 10 years. Not sure it's reduced the amount of ice-cream I've consumed by at least I no longer add sugar to my coffee.

Hystckndle, hoarder and the_shootist like this.
  4. BarnacleBob

BarnacleBob GIM Founding Member & Mod. Founding Member Site Mgr Site Supporter

Recent research points a big fat finger at the three (whites): (white) processed sugar, (white) processed flour, (white) processed salt.

If its processed, its basically dangerous to your long term health & nourishment requirements! If I didnt know better, I might suspect a conspiracy between Ag & Medical monopolies to exploit the world!

smooth, FoundingFathers and hoarder like this.
  5. hoarder

hoarder Midas Board Mmbr Platinum Bling

Even if this information doesn't change your habits, you know what to do if you ever get cancer, which is valuable because your doctor probably wouldn't tell you about it.

6. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Hystckndle likes this.
  7. Winston_Room101

Winston_Room101 Seeker

@ "
    "

DNA : No Sugar [ ose ] may imply No being

how sweet is it

8. Someone_else

Someone_else Gold Member Gold Chaser

Some time ago, Linus Pauling was very sure that ascorbic acid was effective against most cancer. The establishment was naturally against a very cheap cure, and they fought back with new studies sabotaged to ensure failure. Pauling did not have a good explanation of why ascorbic acid was effective, just that it seemed to work.

Now there is evidence that ascorbic acid and glucose compete for the same receptors in cancer cells. That's interesting. If most types of cancer use glucose for fuel and ascorbic acid blocks those receptors, maybe there is something to ascorbic acid as a treatment. Note that healthy cells don't need glucose, they can use ketones for energy (as in a low carb or "ketogenic" diet). The only cells that require glucose are red blood cells, and if you think about it for a moment, it should be obvious why. (Cells that transport oxygen should not need to consume oxygen for energy.)

9. Silver

Silver Gold Member Gold Chaser

abeland1 and Mujahideen like this.
  10. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Silver stacker
    I will not drink soda and with very few exceptions, eat candy.

But god damn, when the sugar cravings come, it’s hard to fight. I just keep thinking about cancer and I’ll have a small sip of fruit juice and eventually the cravings start to go away.

When I watch people drink soda, I feel like they are drinking poison.

11. Silver

Silver Gold Member Gold Chaser

Eat a piece of fresh fruit - nutritious and the fiber counteracts the sugar. But, I know what you mean - we try not to have ice cream in the house, but ever so often we can't resist.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    Mujahideen likes this.
  12. stAGgering

stAGgering Silver Miner Seeker

So... just say it; "Pre-packaged" foods.
    If it is, contents have been processed, which equals DEATH.
    Grow it, raise it, eat it; or starve.
    Or purchase OG and hope it is, because real food costs BIG bucks.

Additionally: Corn syrup is cancers favorite sugar due to its simple molecular structure.
    Easy to break, easy to consume.
    Got corn ?

13. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Sweet big lies: Industry buried evidence of sugar’s link to health issues for decades ‒ report
    RT America

Published on Nov 22, 2017
    The sugar industry buried evidence nearly 50 years ago that showed sucrose is linked to a number of harmful conditions including heart disease and cancer, a new report alleges. RT's Alex Mihailovich reports.

14. Buck

Buck Fabian Society Gold Chaser

Hit and Run

Sugar IS Delicious
    Natural Cane Sugar IS Delicious
    Maple Sugar IS Delicious

I don't have to watch what I eat so I can qualify this rant with that

Sugar IS Delicious

All the Rest are Chemicals

I'm so Lucky with regards to that

Run:piss

15. Merlin

Merlin Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Since cancer cells are fueled by sugar I wondered out loud here on this forum if a ketogenic diet might not be a good thing for cancer patients. Of course, I could never talk David into doing such a thing, so the entire experiment unwound on me. But the question remains in my mind.

P.S.: I'm turning my urine test strips purple and I've lost 12 pounds. Which is all good. But I'd like to know if it's possible to starve cancer cells.

birddog likes this.
  16. birddog

birddog Gold Member Gold Chaser

I would say say yes, sugar is the primary food for cancer cells.