1. All on hold waiting for a tax plan announcement
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Weds Am. Gold is down 1 to 1266, while Silver is down 2 to 1757 after a late collapse yesterday. Crude is down 15 to 4941. The USD is up 31 to 9896.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 4/22/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1289.10-- UP 0.60 Silver $17.85-- down 66 Oil $49.62-- down 3.80 USD $99.88 -- down 58

Suggestion about a new thread

Discussion in 'Site Activity/Suggestions' started by Morpheus, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Morpheus

Morpheus Seeker Seeker

Hi Scorpio,

It seems like every time I come here there's threads about black on white crime or vice versa and I don't know, maybe it's just me but it's a little bit of a turn off. I know it's an important issue affecting American society today but I feel discussing it on the general forum, it tends to be a divisive issue. I don't know, maybe I'm overreaching. But is it possible you could start a sub forum that deals specifically with the race issue so anybody who's interested in those particular topics can just go to there?

I used to come here a lot. One of the main reasons I did so, was to get informed. A lot of interesting topics on this forum from people from all walks of life However, this racism thing, it's just a turn off to me. Anyway thanks for reading my rant but, it's just a suggestion. Thanks

luckabuck likes this.
  2. smooth

smooth Gold Member Gold Chaser

There is already such a place... It's just not being used as such. And the Mods' perhaps are tired of trying to deal with it?

the dog house

Ishkabibble and luckabuck like this.
  3. Chester-Copperpot

Chester-Copperpot Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter Platinum Bling

What about why on Earth Arsene can't spend money. He's gotta be a gimmer. ;)

4. Ishkabibble

Ishkabibble Gold Member Gold Chaser

I find the racism has down in recent months, but I see and get your point Morpheus. Some have an axe to grind, but I don't think we want a sub-forum for every such topic. It would invite and encourage such discussion and besides, there's a doghouse already. It would be good if members of GIM would respect the rules of GIM. We would have a lot less of the content you mention.

Maybe it's time for some harshly worded letters and shots across the bow? LOL. Actually, I think it's time for respect, from all and for all. It shouldn't be too much to ask.

Rcpb2000, smooth and luckabuck like this.
  5. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

It is a damn hard one to police as much of todays news is focused on race and race baiting,

headlines scream about it continuously,

some of our most prolific posters bring the stuff over as it is continuously in the news,

with the vast collection of various types of news here, it is difficult to police thread by thread,

we can certainly try to help out but...........

Scorp

smooth, luckabuck and Goldhedge like this.
  6. Kingfisher

Kingfisher Silver Member Silver Miner

I think that if it was being covered by the media there would be a lot less dicussion here. For the most part, black on white crime is ignored while any white on black crime is touted from the roof tops. It is quite distorted.

7. Scorpio

and I won't even get in to the point about:

50% of the persons in commercials are black while they are 15% of the population,

they show black guys and white girls throughout tv shows,

etc, etc.

as they work to condition all, and to build the racial war within

so it isn't all gim's fault,

it is everywhere and pretty hard to work away from

especially with a black president

edit to add: fwiw, I have always just not opened the thread, as clearly you can see what it is, not to mention, they will wither if allowed to

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
    searcher likes this.
  8. Morpheus

Morpheus Seeker Seeker

You got me there man. One of the very few pleasures I have in my life is seeing Arsenal play football when they're on their game. But since Kroenke took over, they've been on a downward spiral.

9. Morpheus

Morpheus Seeker Seeker

Thanks for your reply Scorp. Really didn't expect one, I really expected to be spammed, not by you, for bringing up this issue. I just feel that it's one of the biggest divisive issues in this country, and to come here and be reminded, turns me off. I agree with you that we're being conditioned by a lot of divisive issues, especial the race card. But maybe it's just planned that way. What is it, 2% of the population of this country own about 90% of the wealth? So these one or two percenters have to keep the rest of us at each other's throat so they can rule in peace.

10. Scorpio

naww, it is a fair point Morph,

as it does indeed get old, really old

11. hoarder

hoarder Banned

60 years ago Whites were one-third of the world's population, now they are less than 10%. It seems that there is a tabboo against discussing this mass genocide.

See my sig line.

This is a forum. Let's politely discuss issues.

searcher likes this.
  12. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech
    I'm perplexed.

If you watch the media, it's the white on black crime that gets the nod.

I think those who post the black on white crime here are looking for balance.

I remember criticising Obama on a different forum than here and got reamed for 'Hate Speech'.

Since when did having an opinion turn into 'hate speech'?

Since 1984, that's when.

New speak is the problem.

If you want to come here for the various topics and ideas, stick around and be part of the group and post some of your own...

Reporting what is going on is only racist in your world. IMO Facts, are not racism.

searcher and hoarder like this.
  13. Morpheus

Morpheus Seeker Seeker

Hedge, the majority of people who come here are not looking for balance on black on white crime. I would think that they come here to be informed about the real issues that are affecting their lives and why this country is so fecked up, excuse my French, and going down the tubes. I'm not minimizing black on white crime. But I think it dwarfs in comparison to the real crimes that are being committed in this country. For example, there are people of wealth and influence in this country who actually create wars for the sake of profit. These same people are using the financial institutions through debt to fleece the masses of their homes and life savings. What has this country come to? You have 50 million Americans on food stamps, less than 50% of Americans have full time jobs and more than that percentage live paycheck to paycheck. This country is literally being hijacked by a very few selected international financiers and you're worrying about balance of black on white crime. Let's fix this country first than we could deal with these other issues.

luckabuck likes this.
  14. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Agree with both Hoarder & Goldhedge. Making an attempt to limit free speech and the free exchange of ideas is what the gov is trying to do with it's "politically correct nonsense." It's just not cool. And no matter who you are or what you're into...........you have a choice to open a thread or by-pass it if you feel the subject matter will somehow offend your sensibilities. Just my very humble opinion on this subject.

hoarder likes this.
  15. hoarder

hoarder Banned

All the issues are connected.