1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

The American Way: Mindless Pursuit

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by searcher, Aug 27, 2017.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

The American Way: Mindless Pursuit

[​IMG]
    by Cognitive Dissonance
    Aug 27, 2017 3:48 PM

It’s actually embarrassing if I’m to be frank and honest in my opinion. How many times during my adult life did I hear ‘leadership’ proclaim they are simply defending ‘The American Way’ without ever really thinking about what constituted the way “We the People” live?

Sure I gave passing consideration now and then, but I always remained safely within the pro-programmed thought box promoted by those who claimed to be defending me and my ‘way’. Therefore when I was younger the answer was simplicity at its finest: baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.

In other words, the mindless pursuit of all things pleasurable.

Of course, this is an over simplification of a complex situation. Then again, maybe not. There are several trigger words in my statement, any one of which can be endlessly argued to death. And if there is one thing I’ve learned in my advancing age it is this. When I don’t wish to confront an unpleasant situation I will argue the piss out of the details until I have convinced myself it doesn’t apply and I can ignore it completely.

A person engaged in mindless pursuit must always be in pursuit of mindlessness. Anything that interferes with this objective is perceived as a disturbance in the force and must be eradicated as quickly as possible. Again, plenty of trigger words in this statement, affording everyone the opportunity to stop reading and find something more pleasurable to do.

I am aware that when you are a hammer, everything tends to look like a nail just begging to be pounded. Since I am a recovering alcoholic, I tend to see the world through the eyes of a recovering addict. And what I see through my admittedly biased baby blues is an America full of addicts in various stages of obsessive compulsive obliviousness.

Whatever ‘The American Way’ once was, it no longer is. Too much of a ‘good’ thing is rarely good for long, and often leads to the consumer of goodness being consumed by the obsession. One of the greatest self deceptions we embrace is the one about everyone else being the problem, but not us. I’m OK, but you’re definitely not.

The library shelves overflow with book after book detailing the rise and fall of America and where the actual problem(s) lay. It’s the elites, the corporations, the politicians, the mass media, the Russians, the money system, the debt, the food, the schools…on and on and on endlessly pointing the finger everywhere but where it belongs……with the reader.

Ouch! Now THAT was a trigger if ever there was one. Mind that (mind) gap.

[​IMG]

If you remain safely within your cognitive box, the monsters won't get you. Promise!

No single rain drop considers itself responsible for the flood. Yet each drop of water is frolicking along with all its fellow drops of dew flooding Houston as I write this. Clearly anonymity is the enabler of denial, for behavior we would never engage in alone suddenly becomes not only acceptable, but normal, when pursued while safely hidden within the mindless herd.

This includes many so-called ‘normal’ things such as going deeply into debt to purchase “The American Dream”, then commuting 2-4 hours per day to work in a high enough paying job that we can service the debt used to purchase “The American Dream”. I just love closed loop affirmations. They feel so good.

Or how about combining the contents of four cans, three boxes, two frozen ‘foods’ and one partridge from a pear tree so we may prepare a wonderfully nutritious and emotionally fulfilling meal for friends and family. Or better yet, just order up some delivery and leave the cooking to someone else. Either way, at least you know the source of your food.

/sarc

The list is endless if one is determined to put their mind to the task of compiling it, but for the purposes of this screed it’s a pointless pursuit. Either you get my point or you don’t. More importantly, either you act on my point or you don’t.

And here is where the wiggle room afforded by our denial fully kicks in. There are always a thousand seemingly valid reasons not to do something while usually just one or two good reasons to actually do it. If our bias is already stacked towards status quo, and we know it is, odds are extremely favorable the party will continue until the patient dies.

What we are witnessing here in America is the slow and agonizing death of the patient. And “We the People” are the patient presently engaged in ugly death throes. The good news is this will end. The bad news is it won’t be for a very long time.

Never underestimate the lengths to which people will go in order to believe precisely what they want to believe. And NEVER think bottom has been hit when behavior remains the same. For all the bitching and complaining going on, I don’t see many people changing their behavior. So the insanity continues.

I cannot change the flood. I cannot stop the flood. I cannot prevent the flood. However, I can no longer participate in this flood and the next flood and the next and the next. I can muster the courage and change my mind, then my behavior, one step at a time.

How does one eat an elephant? Easy…one bite at a time. But first we must decide if the elephant is what we want. And if it is, we then commit to a long slow slog of seemingly endless elephant bites. The good news is life does get better after some initial deprogramming and detoxification.

But here’s the kicker, the ultimate trigger if you will. Sanity is hard, especially while living inside the insane asylum. We must fearlessly purse sanity on a daily basis. This requires constant vigilance and mindfulness of who we are and what we wish to be.

We face a lifetime of work that rarely gets significantly easier because there are dozens of onion layers waiting to be peeled. But it does get much more rewarding in ways we wish we could achieve when having our fake cake and eating it too.

Or we can return to the mad pursuit of mindlessness. In fact, we can never ever leave other than to test the waters of denial to reinvigorate the thousand and one reasons to remain insane.

Of course, I’m not talking about you……right?

08/27/2017

Cognitive Dissonance

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-27/american-way-mindless-pursuit

Cigarlover, agnut, Alton and 3 others like this.
  2. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

...sounds like Cognitive Dissonance wants the terrorist to win.

Son of Gloin and searcher like this.
  3. JayDubya

JayDubya Platinum Bling Platinum Bling

Boy, ain't it the truth?

Cigarlover, agnut, arminius and 4 others like this.
  4. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Delivery boy.
    Whoever that guy is, he's a gigantic dick-head. And by that, I mean this. There is an endless supply of people out there trashing America, the American dream and American's in general. We've got our faults, we're making big mistakes, no doubt, but I'm just thoroughly tired of the trashers.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    mtnman likes this.
  5. hammerhead

hammerhead Not just a screen name Gold Chaser

Mindless pursuit? How about having the ability to pursue. We don't take kindly to mindlessness around here.

mayhem likes this.
  6. Buck

Buck Fabian Society Gold Chaser

I could live my life under a rock dreaming about the stuff that would allow me to "Live Happily Ever After" but I'm all grown up now and have come to realize that, like Santa Clause, Happily Ever After doesn't exist

What does exist is a place where I can hang my hat mostly anywhere at night and find it hanging there in the morning

That's a great place to be considering all the other options

I engage the "American Dream" because it adds to others so they too can find their hat in the morning

Nothing's dead while Americans stay focused on civility and honesty, at all costs except by decree
    We need to do this because we Want To and that comes by choice

Choice to not be so pessimistic, to not be so dishonest, to not take so much but rather to ensure you are spreading your good "fortune", however that could be construed, back to that which you derived it from

America builds on it's positive energy, on it's belief in God, on it's character of it's citizens

give these antifa fags a job that pays well and they'll refuse to accept George Soro's money any longer
    or put George in Jail and resolve it all

THAT's the America I need to see, I need to feel, I need to believe in again,
    That's the America I NEED TO HAVE in order to "feel" good about any future my grandkids could have

America right now, I can still hang my hat, because of the lot of YOU
    Our leadership hasn't changed us all yet, hasn't changed the majority of us yet as THEY NOW KNOW

America, leadership wise, collectively wise, for the Future needs to do some things NOW in order for me to believe it has a future that could afford anything near what I had, currently have

I kinda got lost but I'm still here and here is a Great Place To Be!!!
    I can still exchange ideas, I can still leave my keyboard and get involved or I can turn it all off and get drunk or stoned or laid or go eat or anything else I want to do, anything I can still afford to do
    LOL

and I can do lots of it at all hours of the day or night

Want a bag of Doritos? there's something open near most of us 24/7, there's a vending machine, there's your pantry, there's your friends, your neighbors, if you really wanted a Doritos, you could get some type within an hour of where you sit tonight

Excess IS Great, whining doesn't count but I'll let this one fly because the writer is a professional with a cool pen-name
    Cognitive Dissonance

LOL
    Some I know do that daily, for some it's just a fad

LOL, Moonunit, lots of entertainers
    LOL

7. wallew

wallew Gold Member Gold Chaser

Retired - no job, no money
    THANK YOU SEARCHER for posting this.

BECAUSE WE NEED TO HAVE PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE THE USA HAVE THEIR WORTHLESS OPINIONS POSTED ON THIS FORUM.

not really

8. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech
    Actually, I think about the situation in the good 'ol USofA as being tenuous. Of late, we're living on the edge of financial doom.

Markets are completely rigged. It's a fools game to invest in them. If you aren't an insider in the know, you are merely gambling. You can't rely on technicals because they can't be trusted. They are rigged along with the whole market system. Just follow the price of gold and silver for any length of time and you will see it's rigged as well. And that's the problem...you have to be 'in the know' to take advantage of the "suckers".

Knowing what I do about 1929 and the reasons "the crash" happened (at the whim of the FED and designed to enslave us all) I'm wondering when the next shoe will drop.

It's not that I don't like the USofA, it's that I don't trust that 'those in charge' know what the feck they are doing. Is it just some academic theory some leftist professor created in their realm of possibilities called a classroom?

The Bernake admitted that the FED caused the great depression, "...but we won't do it again..." so they've been supplying QE4ever - which is just the opposite of what they did in the 1930's. That sounds promising....?

It's as if we're living in one big financial experiment. Oh there are better ways of running the planet, but people in control would have to give that power up... not likely.... When the music stops... will you have a chair to plop your silly little assets into?

[​IMG]

agnut, mayhem, searcher and 1 other person like this.
  9. Thecrensh

Thecrensh Gold Member Gold Chaser

Reading inflammatory opinions is good for the reader. At the least, it should make you think about your current situation.

mayhem, searcher and Alton like this.
  10. RealJack

RealJack Gold Member Gold Chaser

Summary: It wasn't the storm, you can't blame the storm. It was the rain drops that caused the flood.

11. searcher

Who is this we you mentioned?

Did a group of members get together and appoint you to be the forum spokesman in this particular matter? How about the forum management? Did they appoint you to speak for them? Or are you simply speaking for your lonesome self?

Really doesn't matter. You really need to put some big boy pants on, grow up and realize that you are no one special. There are other people in the world who have thoughts and opinions that you are not always going to like or agree with but they have the same rights as you when it comes to expressing their opinions.

This is the second thread where you have posted a personal attack against me. The only thing you are doing is making yourself look foolish and embarrassing yourself. Like I said earlier you really need to grow up.

agnut, andial, mayhem and 2 others like this.
  12. wallew

YOU POST AN ARTICLE CALLING OUR WAY OF LIFE A 'MINDLESS PURSUIT' and I'm attacking YOU?

Quoting from the OP

"Of course, I’m not talking about you……right?"

That's how people who post things like this ALWAYS say about their own post. But if that's NOT the purpose, kindly tell me WHY you posted it at all?

And NO, you didn't do it to cause people to 'think' about something. It's you being an attacker against the greatest country on earth whose people are currently being lead down the wrong road by 'trusting' the wrong people.

What, you don't think most people here in the US don't know that already?

EITHER WAY, it's an attack on the way of life here in the USA. You got what you gave. That's what I do all the time. I point out exactly what was incorrect about the assumptions made in any posting.

Oh, and this ain't YOUR forum. It's OUR forum. Get it? You don't rule here. You are just another site supporter and member. JUST LIKE ME. And grow up?

Interesting comment from a guy who is attacking MY COUNTRY!

13. searcher

Really none of your business why anyone on here posts anything at all but I'm going to answer your question.

My posts are to:

- have some fun
    -make people think
    -to try and help someone
    -maybe get a discussion going about subject matter that interests me
    -other reasons too numerous to list

It's one thing to disagree with someone's post - that's normal. It's another thing to attack another member for something that member posted. You are not the site owner nor are you management. And no one appointed you to speak on behalf of them or the forum.

If you don't like a particular post go after the post itself - not the person who posted it. And it would be a good thing to start your own thread to do it -especially in your case. You really don't get along with others too well.

I answered your question - now you answer mine.

Do you still consider yourself to be a "renaissance man"?

Cigarlover, agnut and mayhem like this.
  14. wallew

As I said in MY POST... (you did actually read my post, right?)

And NO, you didn't do it to cause people to 'think' about something. It's you being an attacker against the greatest country on earth whose people are currently being lead down the wrong road by 'trusting' the wrong people.

So after reading my response, you ACTUALLY SAID:

My posts are to:

- have some fun
    -make people think
    -to try and help someone
    -maybe get a discussion going about subject matter that interests me
    -other reasons too numerous to list

HMMM, lets see...

you want to have some fun - you don't have enough interesting things IN YOUR OWN LIFE that you need to come HERE to have fun? OK

NO YOU DON'T WANT TO MAKE PEOPLE THINK - you want to stir up trouble and cause chaos and strife - otherwise why post something that says "the American Way is mindless pursuit" - that is SPECIFICALLY ATTACKING MY WAY OF LIFE

NO you don't want to try and help ANYONE but yourself

Kindly tell me what the subject matter is of you posting an article that is writing an attack on the AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE? Hmm? PLEASE, answer that question.

The last one is the best one of all -

WOW your reasons are 'too numerous to list'? How god like of you to come down from your cloud and lay some wisdom on us.

GIMME A BREAK - what arrogance, chutzpah, what an affront to the members of this forum - you are above the rest of us?

How about you come back down to earth and become just another human being that has as many problems as the rest of us?

Is that asking too much? And yeah, I WILL ATTACK THE MESSENGER when the message you put forth - as you did with the OP - is an ATTACK ON MY WAY OF LIFE.

Get it? Probably not.

15. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech
    [​IMG]

16. searcher

934926_10201173375713580_300728916_n.jpg

Son of Gloin and mayhem like this.
  17. searcher

internettoughguy.png

18. searcher

528245_548686018507401_1924689014_n.jpg

Son of Gloin likes this.
  19. mayhem

mayhem Другая перспектива Silver Miner Site Supporter

Retired
    Boy do you have Cog all wrong. When did telling the truth become a mindless pursuit?

Alton likes this.
  20. mayhem

mayhem Другая перспектива Silver Miner Site Supporter

Retired
    Maybe he is pointing out that they will win if we the people don't get rid of our government?

agnut and searcher like this.
  21. searcher

Ya have to read between the lines with Cog.

mayhem likes this.
  22. searcher

Ignorant nation: Protecting rights requires knowing what they are
    • By Cal Thomas
    • 8 hrs ago

At a National Archives ceremony last Friday in Washington, D.C., 30 immigrants became naturalized U.S. citizens. In a video, President Trump encouraged them to embrace the "full rights, and the sacred duties, that come with American citizenship."

It was a noble sentiment that once resonated with Americans who believed passing along their history to a new generation of citizens was something that ought to be done. Not anymore.

One of the new citizens, Juliet Sanchez, a teacher born in Colombia, told the Washington Post: "We can and should respect, celebrate and embrace our new culture, but you shouldn't tell us to assimilate." This attitude may be one factor contributing to an increasingly divided America. The other is equally disturbing.

A recent poll conducted by the University of Pennsylvania's Annenberg Public Policy Center discovered that Americans are ignorant about the Constitution and the rights it protects.

The poll found that 37 percent of those interviewed could not name any of the five rights protected by the First Amendment. Forty-eight percent got freedom of speech right. Thirty-three percent could not name one of the three branches of government and only 26 percent correctly named all three.

Kathleen Hall Jamieson, director of the Annenberg Public Policy Center, responded to the poll: "Protecting the rights guaranteed by the Constitution presupposes that we know what they are. The fact that many don't is worrisome."

One can't have a country if citizens are ignorant of its origins and purpose. When I was in public school, civics was a required subject. That it is rarely taught today likely explains the disturbing Annenberg poll results. Adds Jamieson: "These results emphasize the need for high-quality civics education in the schools and for press reporting that underscores the existence of constitutional principles."

Good luck with that. In an era emphasizing diversity and multiculturalism and the fear that anyone teaching the superiority of the Constitution might be named a xenophobe, or bigot, even the Pledge of Allegiance is being challenged in some schools in an effort not to offend immigrants.

Another study by the Newseum Institute discovered just 19 percent of those polled know the First Amendment guarantees freedom of religion.

Ignorance about the documents that founded and have sustained America through many challenges ensures the country we have known will not be recognized by future generations. That is fine with some on the far left who appear embarrassed and ashamed of America and think it the cause of many of the world's problems.

Hillsdale College in Michigan is trying to make up for this ignorance about the Constitution by offering a free online course.

The problem begins in the public schools and extends into overpriced universities. Writing in last Saturday's Wall Street Journal, Peter Berkowitz, a senior fellow at Stanford University's Hoover Institution, said: "Few of the liberal arts and sciences faculty at these schools offer courses that explore the origins, structure, substance and aims of the education that they supposedly deliver. Instead they provide a smattering of classes on hot-button topics in higher education such as multiculturalism, inequality, gender and immigration. This is no trivial oversight, as the quality of American freedom depends on the quality of Americans' education about freedom."

Higher education's failure to educate produces graduates who find it difficult to find jobs and must return home to live with parents. Unfortunately, when they return they're burdened with crushing student loan debt, which according to the Department of Education, is at an all-time high of $1.33 trillion. So desperate are graduates to wipe out their debt that the personal finance website, Credible, surveyed millennials (ages 18 to 34) and found that 50 percent of them would give up their right to vote during the next two presidential election cycles in order to never make another loan payment.

What does this say about our next generation of Americans?

These polls demonstrate the failed products of a once-great American education system. It is why those who can afford it are turning to private schools or to home-schooling. Many consider public education to be America's last monopoly, but these polls indicate that it isn't working for individual Americans and it isn't working for the nation.

Enjoying our content? Become a Bucks County Courier Times subscriber to support stories like these. Get full access to our signature journalism for just 44 cents a day.

Cal Thomas can be reached by email at tcaeditors@tribpub.com.

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes....cle_f733d696-5009-544f-b911-21631f750490.html

JayDubya, Cigarlover and Son of Gloin like this.
  23. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    Wow, I didn't know that Cal was still alive. I haven't seen or heard him for quite a few years. I'm even more surprised to see the Bucks County Courier printing one of his articles.

searcher likes this.
  24. Cigarlover

Cigarlover Gold Member Gold Chaser

What would make this country great again is a return to the constitution.
    There's a gazillion examples of why we are no longer the constitutional republic we once were. I wont list them all but will simply give 1 example that going on right before our very eyes.
    While we argue endlessly about obamacare and the new whatever care what no one is talking about how none of that is constitutional. What this is a slow or fast train to socialism.
    Yea the arguments are if you have pre existing conditions you have to pay more. What no one ever mentions is if medicare is socialized than everyone pays more to cover those with pre existing conditions.
    Then of course we never hear about the illegals and welfare recipients being a drain on our healthcare system.
    So we argue about all these mindless points that mean nothing and ignore the true problems in the system they are attempting to shove up everyone's arses.
    So whats the root of this problem? 1st and foremost it's the gov saying that everyone must be treated regardless of who you are. Walk into an emergency room and they cant turn you away. Do away with that law and the gaurenteed welfare requirement and the problem fixes itself. Of course the democrats would never go for that since thats 20% of their voting base.

Nowhere in the constitution did free health care get mentioned. George Washington lived til he was 67, Ben Franklin, 84, Thomas Jefferson, 83 and John Adams 90. These are the first 4 founding fathers I pulled off the top of my head. Whats interesting, none of them had Obamacare, insurance or the gazillions of prescription drugs on the market being endlessly advertised to a mindless audience. I see these commercials once in awhile and many of the drugs may cause death.. Are people really sitting at home saying hey, that sounds like the drug for me. Talk about mindless.

To be fair this isnt the first push for socialism, its been going on for decades and the only way to reverse it is one step at a time. Education would be first in conjunction with taking back the airwaves. We can see now that the education system has been hijacked by the socialists along with most of the major media.

Right now the conservatives are in charge and now more than ever we have a chance to make some serious progress back towards what made America great in the first place.

Glasgow, Son of Gloin and searcher like this.
  25. searcher

Don't know for sure but I'd say yes or they wouldn't keep running them.

Maybe it has something to do with people looking for a painless / healthful existence with out having to work for it?

Cigarlover and Son of Gloin like this.
  26. hammerhead

Sink's clogged? No problem. Take a pill.

mayhem and searcher like this.
  27. hammerhead

Sink's clogged? No problem. Take a pill.

Cigarlover likes this.
  28. Cigarlover

I see that commercial a lot and am thinking to myself, ya know if ya get a little clogged up an avacado or 2 might be in order. Americans get like 10% of the fiber they need on a regular basis.

mayhem likes this.
  29. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    That's exactly it. The whole idea of the (pharmaceutical) drug culture is that people expect to be able to drink as much soda, beer and red bull type crap as they want, eating mcdonalds, taco bell, candy bars and KFC, smoking like mad, sitting in front of the tube getting fat and just becoming physical piles of mush, then assuming doc can give them the required pills and injections to counteract it all. That is the mindset.

To be healthy takes discipline and work. You need to study the literature to find out how and what you should be eating and drinking and why. You also need to know what you should not be eating and drinking and why. Then, you need to dump your tv set in the trash, put on some running shoes and go for a run, a walk or a hike, get into the gym, or go into your basement and push and pull at some iron every couple of days, or at least work your butt off on the farm, or around the homestead. Then, when your done, you need to grab a good book and build your mind a bit.

Very few people seem to be willing to do all that stuff. Gimme my drugs, doc!

hammerhead, Cigarlover and searcher like this.
  30. Cigarlover

Son of Gloin and searcher like this.
  31. searcher

“Death of the American Mind” – with Graham Mehl

-- Published: Monday, 8 September 2014

My Two Cents

By Andy Sutton

In what will be our final installment together, at least for the foreseeable future, Andy and I will look at the sole largest reason for the current circumstances in which nearly the entire Western world finds itself. We end not our friendship nor our collegial working relationship, but have mutually reached the decision that these collaborations are no longer generating benefits anywhere near the expenditures required to produce them. The title of this piece explains in some degree why this is the case. We hope the rest will fill in at least some of the blanks.

While many believe that Newton’s laws only apply to physics, a powerful analogy can be drawn between them and the rest of existence as well. Of particular interest here is that a body in motion stays in motion until acted upon by an outside force. The same would certainly seem to be true of socioeconomic phenomenon. America is in debt and she’ll continue down that pathway until the pathway is acted upon by an outside force. We’ll leave it to the shock-monger folks in Baltimore and other places to tell you what those particular forces will be (for a mere $50/year along with the obligatory 5 free gifts), but the takeaway is that America isn’t going to just magically clean up its act. Neither her government, nor her people, will suddenly wake up one morning and say ‘We’ve been doing it all wrong; we need to stop this now!’ However, the only reason we pen this last piece is in the hope that one or two might read it and come to exactly that conclusion on their own. It won’t make a lick of difference in the aggregate, but a few less ruined lives are never a bad thing.

America’s mind has died folks, and even more importantly than that, her will has died also. Those who do know merely shrug their shoulders and say ‘que sera sera’. They’ve largely given up. They blithely do the very things they know they shouldn’t, expect the very things they shouldn’t, then give that slack shrug when it all goes wrong just like they knew it would. Everyone knows that in the financial world there are no get rich quick schemes for the man on the street. Those perks are reserved for others. No, for the man on the street, growth takes a lifetime, but destruction and annihilation take only an instant. We saw this in grand form in 2008. The reprobate bums in the media will shrug this off saying it is an irrelevant point because the Dow has regained all the lost territory and then some. What they fail to acknowledge (as usual) is the fact that most of the Joe Average types sold at the bottom and have only been expressing a desire to get back in now that more record highs are in place. In other words, they got most if not all of the loss and very little of the subsequent ‘gain’ (sic). We say gain with sarcasm because anyone can jigger an index, yank the losers, put in winners, and then call it a gain.

Yes, we’ve been there a hundred times. Nothing is what it seems. The not-so-USFed now claims it has figured out why there has been no inflation (another laugher) despite massive injections of QE monopoly money. Get this: the American consumer is hoarding money. Yet this same institution will release a report a week earlier saying that 40% of households are under financial stress. Which is it, folks? For certain, price inflation has been tame compared to the amount of QE unleashed. Exhibit One is the stock market. The money has been pent up. The ‘fed’ buys its bonds, then the banks that receive that money as primary dealers use the money to jam commodities markets, pump equities, and in general perpetrate what will go down in history as the biggest scam mankind has ever seen. A decade ago, the above might have qualified as a ‘theory’, but lately the admissions pour out in the mainstream media. You’d think such revelations would cause some concern? Not in America where the mind has died. Even in rabble-rousing Europe, the cries for reform have calmed as Cyprus fades into the background and the debt crisis slowly simmers; kept at bay by – you guessed it – massive money printing. Nobody is fazed by any of this and those who are don’t need to be told there is something wrong.

Along these lines, likely the biggest economic event that has happened recently to underscore all of this is the absolute fabrication of GDP numbers. Instead of merely reporting numbers, now we have to spin them because the numbers aren’t enough to maintain the illusion anymore. So we get a stuffed shirt or three on television and blame the weather for the lack of economic activity. Over a hundred billion dollars in Q1 vaporized because it snowed. Really? Evidently it has never snowed before, but it is sure likely to from now on because snow, in addition to being a great source of fun for the young chaps, is also an excellent scapegoat for lackluster economic performance. However, the snow and cold didn’t cause people to shift dollars spent on spring and summer products to shovels, salt, snow blowers, heating oil, and warmer clothes? Nope, the quislings in the establishment tell you that you didn’t spend because it was cold and that you’re absolutely dying to break out the credit cards once it gets warmer. It’s all in the subliminals. They might have just as well trotted out Bush Junior and had him tell America to go on another vacation to Disney World. Remember that one? Personally our favorite is Fantasyland, but since we’re already there, a vacation is somewhat pointless.

The situation is not much better across the pond either. While Europeans have a penchant and reputation for rioting and burning at perceived injustices, even the most battle hardened of them will admit that it is more about taking out frustrations than actually effecting change. Like America, much of Europe is drunk on excess, frivolity, sports, and the ‘me generation’. We have iPhones. Shocking that the narcissism of society would be so intense that companies would actually market to it. In true Biblical sense, the world has been turned upside down. What was abhorred is now revered. What was bad is now good and what was good is now bad. ‘Global warming’ results in extreme cold, peace talks result in more war, and ‘patriot’ acts result in the trashing of the American Constitution and the snooping on anyone who dare plug into the matrix. And, as we have tirelessly pointed out, consumer protection acts result not in the protection of consumers, but rather join them with unsecured creditors, strip them of their depositor status, and leave them wide open to further acts of robbery.

But nobody pays attention. Why? It is almost for certain that many folks are just tired of hearing about it. Think about the responsible person’s quandary today. They’re responsible for supporting not only themselves, but well over a hundred million of their fellow countrymen – just in America. They’re responsible for supporting a government that is out of control with regard to spending and other excesses. And lately, they’ve become further encumbered because the two-headed hydra known as America’s political system has unleashed untold millions of illegal (not undocumented) individuals onto the various welfare rolls. Sure, some of them will work. Most will not, but it doesn’t even matter. One side wants votes and more dependence on government. The other side wants cheap labor and more dependence on government. The establishment couldn’t care less about the plight of the responsible people; they are there to be milked and bilked.

What’s the common denominator here? If the school system taught history the way it ought to, this would alarm most folks. However, what do you do when people don’t even know they should be alarmed? Leave it to common core and kids graduating high school in 4 years won’t even be able to find their own country on a map let alone contemplate these and many other important matters. Too many already can’t. But nobody cares. Everything is fine.

When the lawless make the laws, there are going to be problems. So we don’t hold it against you if you’re working your knuckles to the bone to do the right thing while so many others have capitulated into the dark world of government dependence and social welfare. Meanwhile, there is a whole alternative world, based on the sham of ‘reality TV’, here people can drape themselves in a cocoon of nonsense and a false world while the very real world spirals out of control around them. Why do you think every little town in America wants a minor league baseball team? Or a casino? Or maybe rails to trails? Bread and circuses, but again, most don’t even know what that is thanks to the dumbing down of the generations through government education. Make no mistake here; we are not setting ourselves up as being better than anyone else. Part of our fortune lies simply in when we were born. Much of the rest of our wiring is the result of having parents who understood rules and that when you break the rules there are consequences. We’ve had the benefit of being America’s last generation, to to speak. The ones after us have not only felt the full brunt of the misinformation and lack of true education, but for the most part, didn’t have parents that grew up in a generation of hardship and deprivation.

Consider today, here it takes stumbling across someone who is at least 90 years old to find an individual with any recollection of the Great Depression. We can read all the books we want, but nothing portrays the story and circumstances like someone who was there. Yet instead of cherishing this rapidly declining resource, we stick it in nursing homes where it is cared for by a generation that is more concerned about Facebook than the faces of those it is charged with caring for. Harsh words, but it is the death of the American mind captured in a picture.

Graham and I entitled this piece ‘Death of the American Mind’, but it is by no means exclusively an American problem. No doubt those of you who take the time to read this will think of a hundred, if not a thousand, other examples of what we pointed out above. We both went into this joint venture of sorts thinking we were going to change the world. We were wrong. The world cannot be changed because it doesn’t want to be changed. The world enjoys circumstances as they are. The world is hooked on largesse and in a way it is, in fact, hooked on its own ignorance of its perilous state. The establishment that intertwines the fabric of society is heavily invested in maintaining the status quo because that establishment’s power is at its maximum when personal responsibility, liberty, and cognitive activity are at their minimum.

As someone who is responsible, it is incumbent on you to make this fight a personal one. We need to forget about saving the world and start focusing inward. Not in a selfish way, but from a preservation point of view. There will no doubt come a day when the foolishness ends and that outside force acts on the orb of insanity that drifts along on its collision course with its self-imposed destiny. Then panic will ensue and there are going to millions asking ‘what do we do now?’ It is imperative that there are those who can succinctly outline what happened, why, and how to move forward. In short, this world is going to need leaders rather than pretenders. It is going to need thinkers not stinkers. That will be the time of your opportunity. And in that time you’ll have the chance to prove this article wrong; that America’s mind wasn’t in fact dead, but was merely embroiled in a century-long daydream.

Graham Mehl is a pseudonym. He currently works for a hedge fund and is responsible for economic forecasting and modeling. He has a graduate degree with honors from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania among his educational achievements. Prior to his current position, he served as an economic research associate for a G7 central bank.

Andy Sutton is the Chief Market Strategist for Sutton & Associates, LLC – a Registered Investment Adviser in Pennsylvania. His focuses are econometric modeling and risk management. The firm specializes in wealth preservation and growth and recognizes the validity of non-paper assets in achieving a balanced approach. The firm is also currently working with a growing clientele towards avoiding the risks routinely visited in this column.

http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1410200267.php

Son of Gloin and Cigarlover like this.
  32. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

When somebody else decided they did not like what was being found and the subsequent questions that were asked. Works this way EVERYWHERE!

BUT....

There can be positive effects. Here's an example of people getting pissed and then rethinking things on the spot...nearly a miracle!

This is What the Establishment Fears: Watch Black Lives Matter & Trump Supporters Come Together

Washington, D.C. — Over the weekend, in Washington, hundreds of Trump supporters gathered for the Mother of All Rallies event to praise their leader in the white house. Naturally, there were some folks there to counter-protest — nine Black Lives Matter activists to be exact.

This counter-protest began just like all the counter-protests before, people gathered around and began shouting in faces. “You don’t like this country, you leave!” shouted one man, repeating the ill-thought-out, yet often repeated, asinine talking point — implying that people who criticize the government, should leave instead.

The Black Lives Matter members remained militant and did not stand down as they chanted “black lives matter!” over and over, while Trump supporters encircled them.

As the hostile crowd began to surround the small group of Black Lives Matter protesters, event organizers on stage told them to back off and come back to the stage — albeit they did it in the most offensive way — saying, “don’t give them the spotlight. They don’t exist.”

But, like every other human on this planet, they do exist. And in order for all of us to coexist, we must be at peace. We don’t have to like each other, we just have to not be violent toward one another.

Shortly after reigning in the Trump supporters back to the stage, instead of simply insulting the Black Lives Matter activists further, the organizers did something entirely unexpected — they invited them to speak.

Rally lead organizer Tommy Gunn told the Trump fans that the BLMers would have two minutes to speak.

READ MORE: 'I'm Gonna F**k You Up!' -- Innocent Man Live Streams His Assault and Arrest for Filming Cops
    “What we are going to do is something you’re not used to,” Gunn told the BLM activists. “We’re going to give you two minutes of our platform to put your message out. Whether [people in the crowd] disagree or agree with your message is irrelevant. It’s the fact that you have the right to have the message,” he said as the crowd cheered.

Hawk Newsome, the man at the forefront of the small BLM outfit acknowledged this respect and then took the mic and proceeded to mend a growing violent rift that has been forming in this country far before the divisive Trump came into office. Despite the occasional outburst from the obstinate peanut gallery, Newsome was allowed to explain the Black Lives Matter point of view to the Trump supporters.

“I am an American!” Newsome said after introducing himself. “And the beauty of America is that when you see something broke in your country, you can mobilize to fix it!”

The crowd cheered.

“So you ask, why there’s a Black Lives Matter?” he said. “Because you can watch a black man die and be choked to death on television, and nothing happens! We need to address that!”

Some folks in the crowd didn’t take to kindly to that statement. Referring to the murder of Eric Garner by the NYPD, some of the pro-Trump crowd began calling him a “criminal,” as they attempt to justify a father’s killing. However, Garner was merely accused of selling loose cigarettes. Those who would justify a man’s execution over untaxed cigarettes are no friend of a free society — luckily there were only a few of them.

READ MORE: WATCH: Cop Stomps Handcuffed Man's Face Into the Street - This is Why People are Mad
    “I am a Christian!” Newsome said, before destroying the hypocrisy of hatred toward people from other countries. “I don’t think my Bible is any different from yours when it says, ‘Love thy neighbor!’ It didn’t say that neighbor had to be from the continental United States!”

Despite making some of their heads explode with his stand based on logic, Newsome continued and the crowd became even more supportive.

“The reason why we fight is to draw attention to issues and to fix it!” he yelled. “We are not anti-cop! We are anti-bad-cop! We say, if a cop is bad, he needs to get fired! Like a bad plumber! Like a bad lawyer! Like a bad fuckin’ politician!”

The crowd cheered again.

Newsome then caused more heads to explode by shattering another stereotype that surrounds Black Live Matter supporters.

“We don’t want handouts!” he said. “We don’t want anything that’s yours! We want our God-given right to freedom, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness!”
    All of the sudden a heckler in the crowd then began to chant “All Lives Matter!” But Newsome remained unphased answering back. “I’m going to leave you with this and I’m gone,” he said. “All lives matter, right? But when a black life is lost, we get no justice. That’s why we say, ‘Black Lives Matter.’”

At the end of the speech, Newsome was approached by many open-minded Trump supporters who offered their praise. Some of them even wanted their kids to take pictures with Newsome. As of this morning, the video below had over 30 million views, proving that this is what people want — peace.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how progress is made when people are not assholes to each other.

Once the Trump supporter saw that Newsome and his crew wanted the same things as them, “freedom, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness,” they had no reason to shout in each other’s faces. Peace was achieved.

Sadly, however, there are still folks out there who buy into the establishment’s divide and conquer propaganda and shortly after this video of Newsome went viral, some people felt the need to decry his peaceful actions.

Both BLM New York and BLM DC disavowed Newsome for doing what he did.

Fortunately, however, judging from the complete lack of engagement in their tweets, not very many people share their sentiment.

The establishment’s program of divide and conquer is powerful, but peace and love are even stronger. So, as corporate media blasts photos and videos of Antifa battling white supremacists and Trump supporters, telling you that there is a race war brewing — remember that they are the ones brewing it — all to keep you from looking up at the real war taking place on humanity, 24 hours a day, across the globe, carried out by sick people who loathe the fact citizens are refusing to hate each other.

searcher likes this.