1. Have a great Memorial Weekend!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Gone Fishin'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 5/27/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1268.30-- Silver $17.32-- Oil $49.80-- USD $97.36 --
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

The Art of making colloidal silver.

Discussion in 'Alt Medicine/Coll Silver' started by abeland1, Mar 16, 2014.

1. argentos

argentos Former Boat Owner Gold Chaser

Retired
    That makes perfect sense. It's a shame there is no proper research available to confirm your suspicions.

2. GOLD DUCK

GOLD DUCK Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

QWAK,argentos,Most research is done to establish preconceived notions with the intent of making profits!:yes::signs14::cry_smile:

IF they found that nano amounts of SILVER and pure H2O:23_30_104::nurse: could cure most human diseases then the health care industry would be devastated not to mention admitting to the hypocrocy of what they have been doing and saying for well over 100 years!:ahhhhh::36_1_25::banghead:

Sick people = BIG MONEY!!!:yes::cry_smile::thumbs_down:

They are too sick to argue about how much things cost!:realmad:

the DUCK :15_1_70v:

3. ABC123

ABC123 Silver Member Silver Miner

There are generators available that can (claim and back up with lab tests) make nano silver. The machine pays for itself in 1 batch. You are now initiated. Wasting money on over the counter colloidal silver is a fools game.

4. ABC123

Good point and its true that the silver will destroy healthy intestinal bacteria. How much depends on how much silver you take i assume. So as a supplement its good practice to also take some probiotics along with CS.

If you take a low daily maintenance dose of CS i suspect probiotics may not be needed but for those taking medicinal doses its a necessity.

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  5. TRYNEIN

TRYNEIN Gold Member Gold Chaser

Can anyone tell us the difference between the process of making Colloidal Silver vs Nano Silver?

Lower voltage?
    Lower amperage?
    Slower process?

6. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,dirt to oil,I think you will be very happy with your sg6:23_28_100s: --- it is simple to operate and makes high quality CS!:thumbs_up::23_28_100s:

I have been experimenting with adding it to milk for my dog and cats and just adding a teaspoon full to each gallon of milk to keep it fresh longer and it does seem to work!:thumbs_up:

I am very sencitive to the taste of milk when it starts to spoil :puke: and the CS keeps it fresh tasting about 3 or 4 days longer by my results.

I intend to test it on home made bread too as my home made bread seems to get mold on it by the 4th or 5th day if it is not finished by then ---- the dog don't mind :36_1_30: but mold on stuff groses me out.:ahhhhh::thumbs_down:

7. ABC123

As far as I know Colloidal Silver is just the generic term for suspended silver particles in water. Nano silver is colloidal silver only the particles are measures in nanometers.

To make smaller particles requires controlling the voltage. PPM is controlled by the time it takes to make the CS.

TRYNEIN likes this.
  8. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,TRYNEIN,The process of making CS is ancient :yes: all that is nessary is pure H2O --- pure SILVER and low voltage DC current :thumbs_up: but the size of particles is important in that the smaller they are the more surface there is to react/interact with pathogens and also the Nano particles seem :dontknow: to more easily pass threw cell membrains so they can get to the pathogens.

IF your CS is yellow then the particles are larger but you know they have been formed because of the color ware as the Nano ones need a lazer light to see them in the H2O.

SILVER kills pathogens on contact but they have to actualy contact each pathogen to kill it.:vollkommenauf:

Smaller as in Nano seems more effective:hmmmm2: but even the larger particals kill on contact with pathogens.:idea::vollkommenauf::thumbs_up:

TRYNEIN likes this.
  9. TRYNEIN

Thanks, I guess what I'm wanting to know is if using 27v vs say 5v would make a difference or if it was basically reducing the amperage down to almost nil?

10. TRYNEIN

Thanks, I aware of those

See my post below yours....:thumbs_up:

11. ABC123

Cant answer that one sorry. Are you trying to build a generator yourself? For me its a no brainer investment in a good quality generator that you know works and makes quality CS every time. Most machines pay for themselves in the first batch.

One generator for sale purports to be used by NASA. Cost is a cool $500 but it makes a gallon at a time AND you can use a silver bar or round rather than the silly wire. That gallon pays for itself and then some.

12. TRYNEIN

My local jeweler sold me some 999- 16 gauge wire for $8.00 p/ft and I went to the goodwill store where they had an assortment of transformers for $2.00 a piece

I bought 1 that is 5v-300ma and 1 that is 24v-4.5a

I also bought a diode to cut the 4.5a down to .5a, that was the lowest I could find without ordering online

The 5v transformer does seem to work, just seems slower which I would think is a good thing

13. GOLD DUCK

QWAK,TRYNEIN,You may (?) want to add a timer that will shut off the power at a set time.

You will need to experiment on how long and what amount of distilled water in the batch you are making because IF it cooks too long the clumps of SILVER get bigger and bigger and smaller is generaly considered better.

BTW: Some times trying to do things cheaper turns out costing more. :(

14. TRYNEIN

Trust me, experimenting is high on the list

getting it right is what counts, that is why I came here for the advise

15. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

There is a faction in the CS/EIS community that use probiotics when they use CS/EIS. Some also prefer Sweet Acidophilus Milk when / if they have bowel discomfort after silver usage.

FWIW,
    DYODD,
    WAOOR,

16. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

17. GOLD DUCK

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  18. abeland1

abeland1 Silver Member Silver Miner

"My local jeweler sold me some 999- 16 gauge wire for $8.00 p/ft and I went to the goodwill store where they had an assortment of transformers for $2.00 a piece"

Using silver from your local jeweler for making colloidal silver may not be a good idea. How do you know it is even really 9999? This I would hesitate to buy my silver from anyone who has a lot of different types of silver around. When you have a lot of different types of silver types of silver laying around it is too easy to make a mistake. A mistake in this case could have serious health consequences. We all take chances in life because we have to but certified sources of 9999 silver from people who sell nothing else is available. The cost of silver in question amounts to only pennies per gallon of colloidal silver produced. This is especially true when you follow the good advice here about limiting the current so as to make the smallest possible particle size. Remember we are talking here in parts per million, so 1 ounce of silver will produce at 10 PPM, 100,000 ounces of colloidal silver 100,000 ounces is 1564 gallons of colloidal silver. If you are buying a generator from someone you should inquire as to the length and the gauge of a wire supply. For 10gauge wire 20 inches equals 1 ounce. For 12gauge 36 inches equals 1 ounce. If they won't tell you how much silver wire is supplied with the generator they're selling you might think twice about buying. Anything smaller than 12gauge is not worth using as the surface area will quickly become too small.

" I bought 1 that is 5v-300ma and 1 that is 24v-4.5a"

You don't mention any current limiting device. A laser pointer check to see if you are making any particles at all. I have found that anything below 9 V doesn't do much of anything. The 24 V 4.5 without a current limiting resistor would quickly produce silver mud.

"""I also bought a diode to cut the 4.5a down to .5a, that was the lowest I could find without ordering online"

A diode would reduce the voltage but I think you're confused about the amperage.

The 5v transformer does seem to work, just seems slower which I would think is a good thing

Yes

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  19. abeland1

At this point, I'd like to add something to the original post. There is a great deal of confusion about ionic versus particulate colloidal silver. The way we measure the concentration or strength of colloidal silver is by its conductivity. This is measured in Microsiemens . One Microsiemen of conductivity equals 1 ppm. Conductivity in a liquid is caused by the presence of ions. Without ions, there is no conductivity. It is an insulator. No current will flow. So the very measure that we use to denote the strength of a colloidal silver solution is, by definition, the number of ions present. An ion is a single atom of an element, in this case silver, with a single electron either missing or added. In the case of silver the outer valence bond band contains only one electron. This makes it relatively easy for silver to become an ion as this outer electron is only loosely held. It becomes a positive ion looking for some other element that it perhaps can share an electron with. Your body is one huge electrical factory with all sorts of elements very busily combining and disassociating. All of this is accomplished with ions. If you go into a hospital in a condition where they have to find out what's wrong with you one of the very first things they will do is check your electrolytes. An electrolyte is a substance that dissociates into ions in solution and acquires the capacity to conduct electricity. Sodium, potassium, chloride, calcium, and phosphate are examples of electrolytes, informally known as lytes.
    When we make colloidal silver it is with the process called electrolysis. Initially everything that leaves the anode is an ion. If we try to make too many leave the anode at the same time they will start combining and discharge forming particles of silver with 2, 3 or a thousand or more atoms and be discharged and lose their charge. If they become large enough they will fall out of suspension and form little black dots at the bottom of the glass. If it was possible to make a purely ionic solution your colloidal silver would not make it past your mouth or nose or throat. There is some evidence that for intestinal problems it's a good idea to have some particles make it down to your intestine. As long as they are small they will pass through and the ones that do make it into your bloodstream will be filtered out by your kidneys and pass in your urine within 48 hours. So we need some way to judge when we have made the particles to an acceptably small size so that we can stop the process at that point. This coincides with the point at which we will have reached the maximum sustainable ionic strength in ppm. Before the availability of low-cost laser diodes the way this was done was with a small bright and tightly focused penlight. This would be shined down through the solution and form a cone shaped rainbow caused by the diffraction of the particles. This is called the Tyndall effect. Lacking this most people would simply continue the process until the entire solution had a yellow tinge. Unfortunately, by the time the whole solution becomes yellow the particles are in excess of 500 nm in size. Continued daily use, which is the case with many people, of this type of colloidal silver could lead to argyria. This is particularly a cause of concern for very light-skinned people. The use of a laser enables us to start seeing the particles of a size less than 50 nm. Unfortunately, virtually all the cheap laser pointers from China have no regulation. The power of the laser in these devices will vary directly with the condition of the battery. This is not acceptable in a piece of test equipment. Atlasnova went to Taiwan and secured the supply of a line of laser pointers that are tightly regulated. The least expensive of these is the one that is supplied with the various colloidal silver generator kits they supply. It maintains an exact power until the battery is completely dead. The phenomenon which produces the red line in the solution with the laser is caused by the scattering effect. Many suppliers still referred to this as a Tyndall effect.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  20. abeland1

At last some honest research and testing of ionic silver. Note that electrically produced ionic silver outperforms silver compounds by a wide margin.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2292600/?report=classic

Antibacterial Activity and Mechanism of Action of the Silver Ion in Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli.
    The antibacterial effect and mechanism of action of a silver ion solution that was electrically generated were investigated for Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli by analyzing the growth, morphology, and ultrastructure of the bacterial cells following treatment with the silver ion solution. Bacteria were exposed to the silver ion solution for various lengths of time, and the antibacterial effect of the solution was tested using the conventional plate count method and flow cytometric (FC) analysis. Reductions of more than 5 log10 CFU/ml of both S. aureus and E. coli bacteria were confirmed after 90 min of treatment with the silver ion solution. Significant reduction of S. aureus and E. coli cells was also observed by FC analysis; however, the reduction rate determined by FC analysis was less than that determined by the conventional plate count method. These differences may be attributed to the presence of bacteria in an active but nonculturable (ABNC) state after treatment with the silver ion solution. Transmission electron microscopy showed considerable changes in the bacterial cell membranes upon silver ion treatment, which might be the cause or consequence of cell death. In conclusion, the results of the present study suggest that silver ions may cause S. aureus and E. coli bacteria to reach an ABNC state and eventually die.

Since ancient times, the silver ion has been known to be effective against a broad range of microorganisms. Today, silver ions are used to control bacterial growth in a variety of medical applications, including dental work, catheters, and the healing of burn wounds (17, 30, 31). Silver ions are also used for a number of nonmedical purposes, such as in electrical appliances (14, 36). The slow-release “nanosilver” linings of laundry machines, dishwashers, refrigerators, and toilet seats are also marketed and advertised. It is clear that we are exposed to a wide range of mostly unfamiliar uses of silver-containing products intended to function as antimicrobial biocides. Therefore, it is necessary to elucidate the antimicrobial activity of the silver ion, which is widely used in these products.

The mechanism of the antimicrobial action of silver ions is closely related to their interaction with thiol (sulfhydryl) groups (1, 5, 9, 10), although other target sites remain a possibility (27, 34). Amino acids, such as cysteine, and other compounds containing thiol groups, such as sodium thioglycolate, neutralized the activity of silver against bacteria (18). By contrast, disulfide bond-containing amino acids, non-sulfur-containing amino acids, and sulfur-containing compounds, such as cystathione, cysteic acid, l-methionine, taurine, sodium bisulfate, and sodium thiosulfate, were all unable to neutralize the activity of silver ions. These and other findings imply that the interaction of silver ions with thiol groups in enzymes and proteins plays an essential role in its antimicrobial action, although other cellular components, like hydrogen bonding, may also be involved (10). Silver was also proposed to act by binding to key functional groups of enzymes. Silver ions cause the release of K+ ions from bacteria; thus, the bacterial plasma or cytoplasmic membrane, which is associated with many important enzymes, is an important target site for silver ions (9, 22, 25, 29).

In addition to their effects on bacterial enzymes, silver ions caused marked inhibition of bacterial growth and were deposited in the vacuole and cell wall as granules (6). They inhibited cell division and damaged the cell envelope and contents of bacteria (27). Bacterial cells increased in size, and the cytoplasmic membrane, cytoplasmic contents, and outer cell layers all exhibited structural abnormalities. Finally, silver ions interact with nucleic acids (35); they interact preferentially with the bases in DNA rather than with the phosphate groups, although the significance of this in terms of their lethal action is unclear (12, 24, 34, 37).

The following silver compounds and silver are listed in Martindale: the Extra Pharmacopoeia: silver metal, silver acetate, silver nitrate, silver protein, and silver sulfadiazine (26a). The silver ion can be generated by electrolyzing the silver metal or dissolving the silver compounds. It is known that the electrically generated silver ion appeared to be superior to the silver compounds in antimicrobial activity (3, 4). However, most of the aforementioned studies which determined a mechanism of action of silver used silver ions produced from silver compounds like silver nitrate or silver sulfadiazine, and thus there has been limited research on the electrically generated silver ion. Recently, a laundry machine that emits electrically generated silver ions was developed for hygiene, namely, in order to prevent easily transmissible bacterial and fungal skin infections from being transmitted by contaminated laundry. In particular, it can be beneficial to hospitals and homes in which immunocompromised people (the elderly, children, and medical patients) or pets may dwell. Our previous study demonstrated the antifungal activity of a laundry machine that electrically generates silver ions (14). In the present study, we used conventional plate counting, flow cytometry (FC), and transmission electron microscopy (TEM) to investigate the antibacterial activity and mechanism of action against Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli bacteria of a silver ion solution generated from the laundry machine.It is known that the electrically generated silver ion appeared to be superior to the silver compounds in antimicrobial activity.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
    Thecrensh, JoBob and GOLDBRIX like this.
  21. Zed

Zed Size doesn't count! Midas Member

Nuclear Technician
    ctrl-z likes this.
  22. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

I believe one of .GOVs alphabet agencies ordered those Silver Ion Generating Washing Machines off the US Market.

BUT
    Since I make my own (Thanks Al) I drop a tablespoon of E.I.S. in the wash and in the liquid fabric softener. If one of the family members get sick with Cold or Flu symptoms I'll kick it up to an ounce in both when I wash the sleep wear and bed linen.
    and
    I run a cool mist vaporizer full of distilled water and one ounce of EIS (15ppm +) in their bed room especially while they are in there sleeping. There does seem a quicker recovery and a lot fewer Dr. visits during the season. No Dr. Visits this past Cold and Flu Season. ( Must Be Something to it)

WAOOR,
    DYODD,

23. abeland1

Caveat emptor
    Here is a email that I received from one of AtlasNova's customers.
    "Hello, im aware the pure silver wire you have is 4 nines but on the ''COA'' it states that it is 99.997% silver so how come you don't display it as 99.997% and not 99.99%? since there are sellers who sell silver wire titling it as 99997. Is this silver wire made out from Canadian maple silver coins? many thanks"
    http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/abeland1/CERT.jpg?i=0.6341084018349648
    I answered,
    Thank you for watching out for us. We don't display it as 99.997% because it will vary from one batch to another. We typically order 1000 ounces each of 10 and 12 gauge and a sample of that melt is sent to an independent laboratory for the report. So the next batch could be 99996 or eight, we only specify that it be better than 99995. We have been having this silver wire made for the past 15 years for people who are making their own colloidal silver and are concerned about the purity of what they put in their bodies. The people who are intelligent enough to appreciate the fact that we at AtlasNova refuse to compromise in this regard are the people who others go to for advice. They are called "influencers". When we started this only 999 Silver wire was available. We were using Canadian silver Mapleleaf silver coins for making our own colloidal silver at that time. It took a while for us to find a specialty refiner willing to contract to us to supply us with 99995 or better. In fact, it looked as though we would have to do just as you suggest in asking a refiner to meltdown silver maple leaves and turn them into wire. We even bought 2000 of them from APMEX. This turned out pretty well as we kept them until silver climbed to over $20, helping to pay for the next batch from our refiner.
    When we find someone fraudulently offering our products on platforms such as eBay, Amazon, Etsy and so forth we contact the platform informing them of our trademarks and so on. This takes care of the problem in that regard. When it is just some guy bringing up a website we email them politely asking them to cease and desist. Some of these people actually use our images which they grab off the net. Photo editing software makes it easy to remove our watermarks. It is not practical for us to initiate legal action against the kind of people who would engage in such activity. If they had any assets they wouldn't be engaging in fraudulent activity. We have to rely on the intelligence of our customers.
    As always, DYODD

Last edited: May 16, 2015
    GOLDBRIX likes this.
  24. abeland1

Venous and diabetic ulcers are a common, chronic medical and social problem. . A higher concentration of silver needs to be used. The black substance that forms on the cathode of your colloidal silver generator is silver oxide. You can produce as much of this as you desire by simply leaving the generator on using a low current. This is best done with the large 1 gallon per day unit. I have also provided a link showing how to make a cream which would be rapidly absorbed into the ulcer. The silver oxide will settle at the bottom of the container you are using to make colloidal silver. Be careful to keep the silver oxide in the water so it does not dry out. This way you will end up with much smaller, more effective, particles than those that were used in these clinical trials.
    PMID 22108474 http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/papers/20657533
    Abstract Panminerva Medica 2010-06-01
    Silver oxide ointment wound dressing in venous ulcerations: home, self-management.
    Venous ulcers are a common, chronic medical and social problem. These ulcers are difficult to heal in most patients with sustained venous hypertension. This pilot product evaluation registry study has evaluated the efficacy and safety of an antimicrobial silver oxide wound dressing ointment ("Silver Oxide Ointment") as part of the treatment of 'difficult' venous ulcerations.The study was conducted measuring the variations in the area of the ulceration and microcirculatory parameters.After four weeks, treatment with the Silver Oxide Ointment proved more effective than the 'best management' used in controls. Transcutaneous PO2 was increased (improved); Laser Doppler skin flux and transcutaneous PCO2 were improved (decreased). Also in the silver oxide group a significantly higher number of venous ulcers were completely healed at four weeks. The silver oxide ointment improved both the microcirculation and the healing rate of their ulcers. No significant tolerability problems were observed.In difficult venous ulcerations, local treatment with this Silver Oxide Ointment, as one component of the total wound dressing, improved microcirculation measurements and healing rate. Most of the treatments were done at home by the patients or by their tutors. This study indicates the important role of this type of treatment and indicates the need to plan larger and more prolonged studies.
    Venous and diabetic ulcerations: management with topical multivalent silver oxide ointment.
    PMID 20657533 http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/papers/20657533
    Abstract Venous and diabetic ulcerations: management with topical multivalent silver oxide ointment.
    In addition to contemporary compression therapy, one of the therapeutic approaches is the use of a topical wound care agent. The goal of this pilot registry study is to evaluate the efficacy and safety of a uniquely designed ointment containing multivalent silver oxide (Ag4O4) in the healing of difficult diabetic or venous ulcerations.Patients who had ulcers resulting from chronic venous insufficiency or diabetes participated in this open-label, randomized registry study. All patients were evaluated by measuring both the area of the ulceration and microcirculatory parameters. 148 patients were included in the study and categorized into two main groups: venous ulcers and diabetic ulcers. Each main group was then randomized into two sub-groups: topical treatment with silver oxide ointment and the control group (standard cleaning and compression management methods, without silver ointment). All patients were treated with accepted cleaning and compression management. RESULTS. In subjects with venous ulcers: After 4 weeks, the silver treatment was more effective than the control group treatment: Skin PO2 was increased 2.1 times more than the control group (17.4% to 8.2%) and skin flux (RF) was improved 1.6 times more than the control group (-38.7% to -24.2%). The total surface area of the ulcer was significantly reduced in the silver treatment group by 1.9 times the control group (-88.7% to -46.9%). In addition, in the silver treatment group we observed complete closure of the ulceration in 42% of subjects compared to 22% in the control group (P=<0.05). In subjects with diabetic ulcers: after 4 weeks, the silver treatment was more effective than the control group treatment: Skin PO2 increased 2.6 times more than the control group (23.3% to 9.1%) and skin flux (RF) was significantly improved 4.3 times more than the control group(-26.7% to -6.2%). The total surface area of the ulcer was significantly reduced in the silver treatment group by 3.7 times the control group (-89.0% to -23.9%). In addition, in the silver treatment group we observed complete closure of the ulceration in 39% of subjects compared to 16% in the control group (P</=0.05).This pilot study provides observational data on the efficacy of local treatment of ulcers with a multivalent silver oxide containing ointment. The silver ointment improved microcirculation and the healing rate of all 78 patients that were treated with multivalent silver ointment and closed twice as many ulcers in 4 weeks compared to the control groups (40.7% silver treatment compared to 19.4% for the control). This study demonstrates the feasibility of this type of treatment and provides evidence of efficacy to plan larger randomized controlled studies. The large number of patients that were helped in this study demonstrates the efficacy of multivalent silver oxide topical ointment and its important role in ulcer therapy.
    This video shows a way to make a cream which is 50% olive oil and 50% water. The water portion would contain the silver oxide dendrites from the cathode of your colloidal silver generator. Using this method should result in making a transdermal cream with a ppm of silver oxide in the thousands.
    Related Materials
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gk...d=YPsJctUFfUo&annotation_id=annotation_966849

Barefoot Traveler, GOLDBRIX and JoBob like this.
  25. abeland1

The geometry and the power supply voltage of of your colloidal silver generator setup determines what resistor value should be used for the process. Since distilled water is a resistor, increasing the distance between the two electrodes means the resistance between the two electrodes increases proportionately. For example, in the case of my generators, the simplest and least expensive one uses only 9 V. The electrodes are quite close together. With a suitable current limiting resistor, it takes 2 to 3 hours for the accumulation of ions in the water to reach the level necessary to reduce the waters resistance to the point where the maximum current flows. The maximum current will be determined by the value of the series resistor. This resistor is in series with the power source and electrodes. The value of the resistor determining the maximum current is determined by the maximum value of current you desire. For example, let's say you build a set up which uses a 48 V DC supply. Using 48 V allows you to space the electrodes as far apart as the container opening allows and still be able to build up to maximum current in a reasonable length of time. 48 V DC is the maximum voltage that may be legally used in an application where the user could accidentally come into direct contact with this level of voltage. It is used in telephone systems. To determine the value of the current limiting resistor that you need divide the voltage you are using by the amperage desired. For example:
    48 V divided by .0005 or 500 µA equals 96,000 ohms. 100,000 ohms would be a standard value and would be available at your local radio shack. Resistors are also specified as to the amount of power they can dissipate as heat. We are still talking about very little power here so the smallest resistor, one quarter watt, will do. RadioShack supplies these impacts of five for $.99. If you had only 24 V as a supply, a 50,000 ohm, also a standard value, would work.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    GOLDBRIX likes this.
  26. GOLDBRIX

You are taking the DIYer down to the very basics. Thanks for the information for those of us who are not so technically oriented.

About all I can do is fix things with duct tape and change my trucks oil. xxx9

27. abeland1

Here is a T DS meter for a total cost of $7.85, including free shipping from China.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/151525434926
    I have bought one of these previously and it did arrive from the seller within two weeks. The seller in China charges only two dollars for shipping. It would cost me over three dollars to ship it within the United States. Go figure? Some customers have asked me "why don't you sell these?". I have never sold anything from China and I'm not going to start now.
    If you want to have some laughs, have a look at all the colloidal silver generators that are offered on eBay. There is one from France that's going to cure every disease known to man:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NANO-SILVER...709?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item3f4ab179e5
    Here is one that feels the need to take a swipe at our CSG 1. "No need to spend 4 or 5 hours making colloidal silver with 9 volt generators.No need for meters, laser pointers or TDS meters." :
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/LifeForce-C...Domain_0&var=410694126317&hash=item1a011aaae0
    Marketing "expertise" trumps science for the masses every time.

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  28. Hunts1980

Hunts1980 Banned

You need small ionic silver.

29. argentos

argentos Former Boat Owner Gold Chaser

Retired
    I have that one. Came from Amazon UK for £5.99 (about UD$9.28)

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  30. GOLDBRIX

IT ALL WORKS and has its place(s) to be used.

WAOOR,
    DYODD,

Hunts1980 likes this.
  31. Hunts1980

Hunts1980 Banned

So what is he best way to make a CS generator? Is the three 9v batts with two silver maple leafs the best?

32. GOLDBRIX

999 Fine or Better Ag RODS.
    Your electricity should be between 9 -12 volts and a resistor < 0.35 amps.
    Good distilled water testing .000 with a TDS meter.
    TIME

The rest of the Mad Scientist schematic can be up to the mad scientist himself

33. GOLDBRIX

Here is a Mad Scientist Discovery :

First off I DO NOT clean my "cooking" jars after every production. I use quart glass jars and get at least 4-5 runs ( 1 gal. 1 quart) before I look at a peroxide cleansing. Yesterday I made my 5th qt with the same jar. I recalled an experiment I did a few years back so I tried it again last night.

After I filtered and bottled the last run I decided to fill the jar again with distilled water, I checked the water in the jar with my TDS meter .000 ppms. I put the lid on the jar, no rods, no electricity, just allowed the ds water to soak in the jar overnight and most of today. An hour ago I went and checked the jar full of ds water with the TDS meter, .001 ppms reading. I pulled out my trusty red laser and shot it through the water, there was an extremely light Tyndall Effect reflection.

So tonight I have FREE Electrically Isolated Silver/CS at .001. I am gonna check the jar again in the morning to see if the TDS reading increases any further. If not No Big Deal I've already got a start for my next batch.

WAOOR,
    DYODD,

abeland1 likes this.
  34. GOLDBRIX

UPDATE: As of 9:30am Eastern the TDS Meter reading is still at .001 ppms.

Still that is a recovery that could of been wasted.

35. abeland1

I hope you don't mind me making a slight correction to this post, Goldbrix. The current that you are using in your generator is .35 mA, not amps. That would be the average current used by your CSG1 from AtlasNova. The figure for voltage of 9V works for the CSG1 because the silver wires are rigidly held a fairly close distance apart by the connector which is a very high quality terminal block from Germany. This terminal block has the connections actually plated with silver. This is to eliminate the possibility of the creation of an electrolytic reaction between the silver wires and the connector used. This is a definite possibility with the setup of many generators that use things like alligator clips which are plated with unfriendly metals such as lead, tin and cadmium. The larger colloidal silver generators from AtlasNova have a series of mounting holes for the silver wires that allow the wires to be placed as far apart as possible depending on the width of the jar used. These generators use a 48 V power supply and are capable of producing concentrations of colloidal silver of over 20 PPM consistently.

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  36. abeland1

Hundreds sickened by contaminated cilantro from Mexico

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hundreds-sickened-by-contaminated-cilantro-from-mexico/

Anything that you buy fresh to be eaten raw should be sprayed with or preferably soaked in colloidal silver.

A Belated Look at New York’s Cooling Towers, Prime Suspect in Legionnaires’ Outbreak

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/05/n...rs-tied-to-legionnaires-disease-outbreak.html

This is caused by a bacteria, legionella. I don't know whether or not colloidal silver would kill this particular bacteria. If it proved to be effective it would be very simple to install a colloidal silver generator powered by a solar panel on every water tower.

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  37. abeland1

"This is caused by a bacteria, legionella. I don't know whether or not colloidal silver would kill this particular bacteria. If it proved to be effective it would be very simple to install a colloidal silver generator powered by a solar panel on every water tower."

Having given this a bit more thought, I have realized that my proposed solution to the problem may not be that easy. The water in the water towers is not distilled. Chlorides, Nitrate , Phosphates, Bicarbonate, Sulfate and Carbonate are present in municipal water as Anions (Negatively Charged Ions). These would naturally combine rapidly at the anode of our silver ion generator. Although it is unlikely that these compounds would be harmful,we cannot assume that they would have the effectiveness on microorganisms that we expect from our properly made colloidal silver.

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  38. Hunts1980

Hunts1980 Banned

I thought 27 volts was near perfect.?

39. Hunts1980

Hunts1980 Banned

Most agree that 3x 9v batts is best, 27v near perfect for creating the smallest nano particles of silver.

40. abeland1

There is no such thing as the "perfect voltage" for making colloidal silver. What we have here is a system consisting of a battery or a wall wart AC adapter (voltage) distilled water between the silver electrodes (resistance) and the resulting current (milliamps). It is important to understand that in this system the voltage and resistance factors determine the amount of current. It is the current in any electrical system that does the actual work. In Michael Faraday's theory of electrolysis voltage and resistance is not mentioned. The amount of ions created is a function only of the current.
    The 27 volts issue is dealt with in the very first post of this thread. I would suggest a careful reading of the thread from the start.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    Hunts1980 and GOLDBRIX like this.