1. Yet another holiday today for .gov and market types today in the US
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This Monday, Feb. 20, all U.S. banks and financial markets will be closed in observance of the Presidents Day,
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 2/17/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1239.10-- Silver $18.03-- Oil $53.78-- USD $100.95 -- Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE 2017 $1304.51 (1), SAE $21.15 (20)

The Art of making colloidal silver.

Discussion in 'Alt Medicine/Coll Silver' started by abeland1, Mar 16, 2014.

1. abeland1

abeland1 Silver Member Silver Miner

Enough of this nonsense argument over colloidal versus ionic silver. What is an ion? An ion is a single atom of an element which is either missing (positive charge) or has an excess (negative charge) of one or more electrons. A single atom of a substance is still of that substance. Anyone who can argue against this is either trying hard to sell you something or sadly misinformed. A few minutes with Google will clear up the matter. Search what is an atom? What is a particle? What is an element? It really is that simple.
    Now that I've got that off my chest I would like to theorize a bit on how the colloidal silver ions that we make ourselves may act to our benefit. Please keep in mind that I am woefully inept in the area of biochemistry.
    Metal atoms form positive ions, while non-metal atoms form negative ions. The strong electrostatic forces of attraction between oppositely charged ions are called ionic bonds.
    Let's have a look at the anatomy of a bacteria:
    http://www.microrao.com/micronotes/anatomy.pdf
    Our silver will have to somehow pierce the cell wall of the bacterium. The most important component of the cell wall of the most virulent bacteria such as is Escherichia coli, Streptococcus pyogenes, Salmonella and Streptococcus pneumoniae is composed of a endotoxin called lipopolysaccharide. These endotoxin molecules carry a negative charge.
    http://www.jimmunol.org/content/161/10/5464.full.pdf
    The positively charged single atoms of silver (ions) will eagerly bind with them, disabling their function. The destruction of these bacteria would explain the Herxheimer effect experienced to some degree by people using colloidal (ionic) silver for the first time who are infected by one of these organisms.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipopolysaccharide
    The foregoing has been offered simply as a encouragement for discussion. I am eminently unqualified in the area of biochemistry. Feel free to comment, please. It's also always good to cite references.

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  2. anywoundedduck

anywoundedduck Gold Member Gold Chaser

Data Architect, Systems Engineer, Business Owner,
    Wow Malus. That is exactly how I do it, exactly. I use a 27v DC transnsformer from an old printer. I been doing it for years, and passed it on to my family members. I wonder if we are related?

Malus likes this.
  3. Malus

Malus Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

irrelevant
    Well, it started feeling like fall this weekend (weird weather). Time to make the seasonal, flu season batch. Gonna have to make double the amount this time since my soon to be daughter in law likes to spray it on her face. She says it cleans out all the bacteria/sh*t and her skin feels more the better for it. Guess its an improvement over all those pharmaceutical spunk rubs they try to sell you on.....

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  4. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Platinum Bling

I got a softball playing niece that got Helmet Zits around her face. I made her dad some EIS/CS and told him how I use it on my kids helmet zits and inside helmets. She cleared up fast.

Back on Thread Topic: I would not use a bubbler even if attached to a HEPA Filter minute particles are constantly being pumped into the production.

Three ways to create convection / circulation:
    1). Heated distilled water in glass production vessel via microwave or steeping a DS filled glass vessel in a pot of water.
    2). Science grade magnetic strirrer / mixer - "Stir Bar/Beans" that sit in bottom of production vessel and the vessel sits on a magnetic turntable.
    3). Clean/ paper wrapped Plastic straw(s): removed from paper cover use as a stirrer manually. ( 1 & 3 might be consider labor intensive BUT a lot cheaper than option 2)

All three options far cleaner to EIS/CS production than any bubbler system. - IMO

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    Malus likes this.
  5. abeland1

When Malus posted his method of generating colloidal silver I asked him to do the following experiment for us.
    "Could I persuade you to try an experiment for me? You have the perfect setup for it. What I would like you to do is to set up for a regular run and take the TDS reading (presumably zero) of your distilled water. Proceed with your five hour run but do not apply any voltage to the silver Maple leafs. There will be no need to periodically remove any kind of deposits. Then take another measurement of water with your TDS meter. Let us know the results. I would do this myself but the bubbler I bought to experiment with is long gone."
    I should have specified that the bubbler was to be run in the same manner and for the same length of time.
    When he replied sometime later "Sorry, its been awhile. Kept forgetting. Anyways, when I did remember to do it, nothing happened in those 5 hrs. So, I decided to just let it sit in it's own small amount of water (couple of cups) and leave it. When I remembered again it had been about 3 days and when I measured it picked up 2ppm's. Thats pretty much it. Mind you, it was "new" silver, but, the same coins I've been using/wiping down for the last couple of years....."
    I should have realized then what was happening. I've been working for so long on reducing the average particle size I had developed tunnel vision. My quick rejection of the use of a bubbler was based on my experiments convincing me that any form of stirring resulted in a larger average particle size. There is a more insidious problem with the use of a bubbler.
    This topic goes back quite a way in the thread and it's about time I tried to address it. A TDS or EC meter measures any and all ions in the distilled water. It doesn't matter whether it's silver ions, sodium ions or dissolved oxygen. This fact does not present a problem as long as we are sure that we are only dissolving silver into our distilled water. Distilled water will have no oxygen as all gases are released from water at the boiling point. Distilled water at a temperature less than the boiling point will take up oxygen to a degree related to temperature. The lower the temperature the more oxygen will be dissolved. Have a look at the following webpage:
    http://www.dep.wv.gov/WWE/getinvolved/sos/Documents/SOSKit/DOSaturation.pdf
    at 30°C the figure for saturation is 7.5 mg/L which is a PPM value.
    If the surface of our distilled water is calm the process will be quite slow. If you are using a bubbler for five hours with a reasonably small quantity of distilled water your TDS meter should read at least seven ppm with no silver or electric current involved.

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  6. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

Tired & Retired as a CNC machine shop owner
    I am still getting educated on colloidal silver.
    I am a K.I.S.S. type person & therefore like the way Malus makes his.
    Also:
    I drink red wine from a 925 silver goblet.
    Does the acidity of the wine take any silver from the goblet?
    If so, how much ?

7. Malus

irrelevant
    After filtering the water when its done (bleach free filters x2), which is removing everything sludge and not created. I re-do the TDS, which usually drops a ppm or 2, I'm then satisfied all is good (thats me and you can all do what you want). I've done this for close to a decade now and I'm still living. I've had various tests done at the doctors office (extensive blood work/etc.) and everything is "perfect". I don't do it year round, just during the predicted flu seasons (fall to early spring) and like I've stated before, I haven't had a cold/flu in over 8/9 years. Nothing. Now, before I started doing CS, I use to catch at least one cold or flu (just like everyone else) every year like clockwork. My science might not be as precise as a lab (short a few million for that), but, I see the results and thats good enough for me. Btw, I still have a healthy flesh tone to my skin with no showing of gray or blue to account for. Happy health everyone........

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  8. GOLDBRIX

For veteran CS/EIS DIYers it is probably like Po-Tay-toe vs Pa-tat-o. As we all know what works for us and our needs.

I am just leery of the rookie or newbie that may come across this thread and the usual zealousness most bring with them - "If a little is good then more is better" mentality.

My view is making CS/EIS is like barbequing: "Slow (time) and Low ( electric)".

After all - We ALL Are Our Own Researchers / Artists at this "ART".

abeland1 and Malus like this.
  9. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

Hey guys, I am not being a wise ass, my question was sincere & legitimate.
    I do not know & I an curious if the acidity in wine will leach out any silver
    and if so is it the same as colloidal silver (have the same or similar benefits)?

I did find this bit of info:

Since the surface of silver is silver oxide (unless it's been recently treated), you have a reaction between the acids in the wine with the silver oxide to form silver tartrate or silver malate/lactate. Those same salts, in turn, can react with any aldehydes or sugars present in the wine to form silver(0) again (the Tollens test) which will fall out of solution as a disperse black powder and promote oxidation to acetic acid and sugar lactones. None of this presents any human health hazard that I'm aware of, but could change the taste of the wine and detract from the appearance.

GOLDBRIX and abeland1 like this.
  10. GOLDBRIX

I think you are RESEARCHING just like we do. AND those of us here do not have an answer.

I do recall the sayings "Born with a silver spoon in his mouth." and "Bluebloods". Both indications of silver use in eating utensils. The former being a term for being Lucky, Rich or both.

I believe this saying was an observation from the common people, in this case during was the plague. The commoners noticed the upper class seemed less affected than they were. Commoners used wooden utensils and cups. Wood is a bacteria holder. The rich used silverware and goblets in comparison. It was also a common practice for God Parents to present a silver spoon to their God Child as a wish for prosperity and good health.
    Just maybe the silver use was advantageous.
    "Bluebloods" - Quality Control in earlier days was a problem and being so some silverware and cups produced were inferior. Those who had inferior silverware and drinking goblets may have had contamination and leaching issues. Those issues over time could have lead to slight cases or Argyria (blue skin) - hence "Blue Bloods".

Wine and silver. - You may be onto something.
    I keep an old, scratched up, oxidized silver coin in the dishwasher. The coin eventually appears clean and gets exchanged for another. No smells in the dishwasher itself. Whether it helps or not I do not know.

When I first got on a CPAP machine I noticed a floral smell (bacterial odor) build up after about a month of continual use. I started using CS/EIS in my CPAP water reservoir. The odor disappear almost over night probably 2nd or 3rd night I notice it was totally gone. I kept using CS/EIS in the reservoir until the metal heat element began to get a light black coating. I have stopped using the CS/EIS and just use distilled water. It has been over a year and a half and I have not had to clean any of the equipment, and I have not had to change tubing, or mask.

I keep a bottle of CS/EIS in a spray bottle for cleaning off the Kitchen Table and work surfaces the food lays on.

Anecdotal ? YES, But it works for me.

We Are ALL Researchers in this ART of CS/EIS.
    Best of Luck,
    Keep US Posted.

Malus, abeland1 and TAEZZAR like this.
  11. TAEZZAR

Thanks GOLDBRIX, even thou not too scientific, your info is interesting.
    And yes, I am curious about a lot of stuff, so much that I don't have enough
    available time to properly research it all.

GOLDBRIX and abeland1 like this.
  12. abeland1

GoldBrix's mention of the great plague and the possible role of silver in it encouraged me to read "Justinian's flea". It is a book that I heartily recommend. It examines the recurrence of plagues throughout history. Plagues are a phenomenon that repeats itself. After reading this book the intelligent person will have a hard look at making their own colloidal silver. Apart from the naturally occurring threats, consider the fact that there are thousands of crazy people willing to blow themselves up. It's only a matter of time until some of these people acquire the expertise in microbiology to kill us more efficiently. Weaponizing microbes up to now has been limited by the time it takes the user to develop and deploy a vaccine so that he would not feel the effect of his own device. This will not hinder the crazy people.

In Justinian's Flea, William Rosen tells the story of history's first pandemic---a plague seven centuries before the Black Death that killed tens of millions, devastated the empires of Persia and Rome, left a path of victims from Ireland to Iraq, and opened the way for the armies of Islam. Weaving together evolutionary microbiology, economics, military strategy, ecology, and ancient and modern medicine, Rosen offers a sweeping narrative of one of the great hinge moments in history.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    TAEZZAR and GOLDBRIX like this.
  13. abeland1

It has been some 15 years since I began suggesting the use of current limiting and a laser pointer in making colloidal silver. Before that time the accepted method was the use of two silver coins, three nine volt batteries, and a dash of salt. A watchful eye to stop the process when it had a yellow tint was essential. The trick was to stop the process before the water turned into black gunk. It was at this time that a man who claimed he was a retired oncologist selling vitamin supplements introduced the use of a fish tank bubbler. This worked to the extent that it prevented the runaway condition that caused the problems with the three nine volt set up. Electricity cannot flow through an air bubble so the current path was constantly being interrupted by the flow of bubbles between the electrodes. This guy became very popular and sold a whole lot of people a kind of subscription for vitamins and made some money. I understand that he was later arrested and jailed for mail fraud. This method is still very popular as it does work, at least to the extent of preventing the rapid formation of black sludge. To give him credit I think he also told people not to use salt. This method was not as quick as the three nine volt meant that it took more time but I guess people didn't mind so much because they could always watch the bubbles. I saw a YouTube the other day where a person was using this method and a laser pointer to indicate when to stop the process, as the particles have been made.
    There is a problem with this. As there is no current limiting device, i.e. "resistor" in the circuit, the current during the time between bubbles will not be limited. The particles leaving the silver anode will be in relatively large chunks. The laser line formed in the solution is caused by the scattering effect of coherent light. The amount of light reflected is not directly proportional to the size of the particle. For instance, a particle 10 nm in size will only reflect 1/1000 the amount of light as a particle 100 nm in size. Therefore, using this method to determine when to stop the process will cause the process to be ended when a relatively small number of relatively large particles are in solution, which is just the opposite of what we want.
    I hope everyone keeps experimenting and keeps an open mind on improving the process. Those of you who are using bubblers and have a TDS meter would do well to check whether or not the bubblers are adding oxygen to your water, yielding you a false indication of silver PPM. To do this simply run your bubbler for the same length of time that you use making colloidal silver but without the silver and take a reading.

14. ArkWv

ArkWv Gold Member Gold Chaser

handyman, and not the fellow from "In Living Color
    On average about how long should it take to make a pint of CC?

15. GOLDBRIX

Did you mean to write "CS" ? This is not a discussion thread on Colloidal COPPER.

IF you meant CS (Colloidal Silver) that depends on how many Parts Per Million ( PPM) you are trying to achieve in making your "pint of CC(CS)". 20-25ppm will take longer than 10-15ppm which will take longer than 5-8ppm,...

A...1, may have a more direct answer IF you state the ppm you are attempting to produce. I make EIS/CS by the quart and I'll use it / produce it from 8-25 ppms for various uses.
    As I type this I am making a quart for my spray bottle I use on counter tops where I prepare foods.

WAOOR, DYODD,

16. ArkWv

I don't have any test equipment and bought this rig, just looking for basic swish around the mouth CS.
    I do have a laser pointer but it all looks the same to me.

[​IMG]

17. chrisflhtc

chrisflhtc Site Supporter Site Supporter

ArkWv likes this.
  18. GOLDBRIX

IF you are producing any ionic or colloidal Ag the laser pointer should find sparkling in the distilled water and the color of the laser beam will be seen going straight through the jar. One must use a clear glass jar/ vessel for production so you can shoot the laser through the production easily.
    PURE Distilled Water will NOT show the laser beam or create sparkle.

Any shade from clear water looking to shades of yellow are the generally accepted indicators of preferred EIS / CS.
    If clear water-like there should be a metallic taste to the production. Color gives one a ball park estimate.
    A TDS Meters gives a ball park estimate when the reading is doubled. You double the reading because a molecule of sodium chloride (NaCl) is roughly TWICE the size of a silver atom. Unless indicated TDS Meters are calibrated to Saline / NaCl.
    So both visual or meter readings are only good estimates of the ppm produces.
    The ONLY way to actually know is by sampling in a Atomic Microscope / Electron Microscopic examination.

Check here for ESTIMATED color ranges of EIS/CS ( Start at the 45 second mark) 1:30 mark begins their commercial for their product:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2015
    Malus, ArkWv and abeland1 like this.
  19. ArkWv

Thanks for that, my batch has just a hint of yellow. Gonna use it to start other batches.

20. obilly

obilly Silver Member Silver Miner

need help understanding this? my tds meter is calibrated with salt. so to do the math if my meter reads 10ppm do i multiply its reading by 1.77 or divide by 1.77 to get a corrected reading? pls help. also the distilled water i make reads 2ppm do i need to do the math for the ppm reading of the meter on the distilled water?

21. GOLDBRIX

A molecule is larger than an atom as molecules are combinations of atoms. So you would multiply your reading by 1.77 in your production.
    The only correct way to get an accurate record is by atomic /electron microscopic examination which mean big $$$$$ each and every time you decide to make a batch.

A....'s 1.77 makes me need a calculator (and that is still a ballpark estimate though a well thought-out estimate). In my production I use the multiples of 2 & 2.5 (In my Head) for my W.A.G. (Wild Ass Guess) aka Ballpark Figure since I will NEVER spend the money to send ONE sample for a high priced examination ( even if it comes back with pretty black & white photos of my silver ions, atoms, and particles in my distilled water).

And After all:

We are talking about low Parts Per Million in cups, pints, quarts, liters, Half-gallon, and gallon(s) of distilled water.

As far as pre-production distilled water reading, I subtract that number from the final production TDS number prior to multiplying by 1.77 or 2 or 2.5.

DYODD,
    WAOOR,

abeland1 and obilly like this.
  22. abeland1

A lady who was reading my instructions for using one of my generator kits with a laser pointer ran across a YouTube video with someone using an ohmmeter to measure colloidal silver PPM. She emailed me, "if I use an OHM reader to get to the desired concentration, why would I need a laser pen?"
    The OHM is the name for the unit of resistance. It is named after Georg Simon Ohm, a German physicist and mathematician. The reciprocal of resistance is conductance, which was originally called the MHO, OHM spelled backwards. At some time in my career in electronics the powers that be decided to honor Ernst Werner Siemens by changing the name of the unit of conductance to Siemen. One OHM equals one Siemen. Ten ohms equals one tenth of a Siemen.
    If this was all there was to it we could use a meter designed for measuring resistance to indicate conductance by simply dividing one by the ohmmeter reading. The very process, Electrolysis, prevents us from doing this. At the very instant that we submerge the two electrodes of our ohmmeter into the water we start the process of electrolysis. The reading in ohms will start decreasing at a rate determined by the voltage used and the composition of the electrodes we are using. Ions will be entering the water from the test lead connected to the positive voltage and will be made up of tin, cadmium, lead and who knows what else. So not only will we be not reading the amount of silver ions but seriously compromising the purity of our colloidal silver.
    A TDS or conductance meter, unlike an ohmmeter, does not use a steady DC voltage for its measurement. It generates an alternating current approximating a sine wave at between 30 and 40 Hz. The use of an alternating current at this frequency ensures that the process of electrolysis is unable to start.
    She replied, "well, what if I put the ohmmeter leads in and out very quickly?"
    You would have to be very quick indeed. Even if you were, you still would have no way to get an accurate reading to divide into one to get Siemens. A part of any conductance meter is the probe itself. In the cheaper handheld meters it is part of the bottom of the case. The electrodes and the enclosure are designed to duplicate the conditions specified for the measurement of conductance of a liquid. This specification is a 1 cm cube with the opposite sides conductive.
    The use of a laser pointer has nothing to do with the level of the ionic portion of your colloidal silver. A laser pointer is useful in determining at what point the process should be stopped. It is widely accepted by the scientific community that the most effective portion of colloidal silver consists of free ions. It is not possible to create a silver colloidal solution consisting of only ions. Some uncharged particles will be formed by collision with oxygen atoms at the anode and hydrogen atoms at the cathode. These particles will grow steadily larger over time. A laser pointer can give an indication of at what point the process should be stopped.

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  23. abeland1

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  24. GOLDBRIX

"...One OHM equals one Siemen. Ten ohms equals one tenth of a Siemen."...

Is the above statement correct ?
    If so that is confusing as hell. One equals one, But TEN equals 1/10 ?

That's why I leave the technical to you. ;-)

abeland1 likes this.
  25. abeland1

How did we end up here? The trail of the art of making colloidal silver led us to this point. Our objective has been to make a solution containing as many silver ions as possible for a given volume of water. This is expressed as a value measured in ppm "parts per million". A TDs meter measures PPM but in salt ions. A more scientifically acceptable method is a proper conductivity meter. A conductivity meter will give a reading in microsiemens. It is a happy coincidence that a one Microsiemen reading on a conductivity meter in a solution of distilled water and silver ions will indicate a PPM of 1 ppm of ionic silver.

I found this to be true 20 years ago when I started experimenting with making colloidal silver. The conductivity meter that you will see on the Generator instructions on the Atlasnova website was made in California and cost over $1000 at that time. The Chinese have since then been able to produce small devices that, while not as accurate as mine, are very useful and cost less than $10.

Now back to the Vortex of confusion. In our discussion of do-it-yourself methods of making colloidal silver we are speaking of simple direct current circuits involving only the factors of voltage, resistance and current. When we start discussing terms such as conductance (microsiemens), we enter a world of AC and network theory. The objective of this thread must remain to encourage people to make their own colloidal silver. In doing so, they can ensure that first of all they will not harm themselves. That they will not be misled by exaggerated claims. That they will not be ripped off by those hustlers who produce a torrent of words and say nothing real.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  26. GOLDBRIX

OOOOKay o_O

To all the our various Electrically Isolated / Colloidal Silver Thread Members. Be you a DIYer or Retail Buyer : Y'all have a Happy, Safe, and Prosperous NEW YEAR!

TAEZZAR and abeland1 like this.
  27. TAEZZAR

Malus, I like your K.I.S.S. approach to a CS generator, so I am wondering, what is the output power of your answering machine transformer, volts & milliamps ?
    Also do you use any resistor to lower the milliamps?

28. Thecrensh

Thecrensh Gold Member Gold Chaser

Does anyone have a recommended commercial CS generator? I don't have the time/space to construct my own, but am interested in making my own.

29. Malus

irrelevant

12V DC, .5A. I don't use resistors. I do monitor it every half hour (clean silver/check ppm).

TAEZZAR and GOLDBRIX like this.
  30. TAEZZAR

Hey, thanks, I have exactly one of those & I was considering it. Then as I read more, it seemed that 24 vdc @1500 milliamps (I have one of those too) with a 50K resistor, would put out .0005 milliamps (500 micro amps) & yield a finer solution.
    I like the simplicity of your set-up. I'm just wondering if the lower amps would make that much of a difference. I have a TDS/EC meter coming & I also have a laser pointer, so I'm getting there. T

Malus likes this.
  31. abeland1

Here's a tip that might help. Put a 1 K resistor in series with the 50 K and put your multimeter set for DC 2 V across it. You will end up reading 0 to 2000 µA. Your beginning current will be much lower than 500 µA, depending on how pure your distilled water is. Position the Maple leaves as far apart as you can get them and be careful to not allow any water onto the alligator clips. If you are prepared to be patient, I believe you will find this process to produce a much better solution. By all means try it without the resistor and see the results, so that you'll have a benchmark.

GOLDBRIX and TAEZZAR like this.
  32. obilly

obilly Silver Member Silver Miner

j505 t092 crd will limt current to 1ma, $2 each , $4 shipping from china. works well . JMO

33. chrisflhtc

Here is a site with a lot of good info and here is a constant current driver. I have to say I wouldn't ingest some of the stuff you all are making. Learn what it is that you are doing and why. Educate your self for your self. :D
    Chris

34. GOLDBRIX

ATLASNOVA.COM has several sizes, styles and prices to choose from.
    Once I decided to DIMyself I searched through various manufacturers and I decided to go with an Atlasnova CSG-1 that used a nine volt battery. after about a year and a half I "jerry-rigged" my CSG-1 to use either a 9 volt battery ( travelling / Bugout), or plug into a wall socket using an old AC adapter I had laying around.
    Although the information says it will make 12 oz of CS in 3-4 hours I find it will make a quart by providing a couple more hours .
    The two .9999 Fine silver wires (electrodes) last well into their second year of very heavy use.
    Never been a single issue with my CSG-1 equipment and I have had it for several years now.

That's my opinion and suggestion.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    ctrl-z, TAEZZAR and abeland1 like this.
  35. GOLDBRIX

I have been DIY for over 8 years. NEVER had an issue because I do not try to cheat time or add ingredients. - Gb

"...At the end of every year the American Association of Poison Control Centers publishes their Annual Report in the journal Clinical Toxicology, in which they document the number of deaths for the previous year associated with various substances. So in December 2015 they published the results for the year 2014.

The report covers everything from prescription drugs to vitamins, minerals, amino acids and other nutritional supplements, and even to household items like bleach or bug poison.

And every year there are ZERO deaths from colloidal silver. Every. Single. Year.

On the other hand, for the sake of comparison, under the category "Dietary Supplements/Herbals, Homeopathic/Amino Acids" you can find the following notations for 2014:
    • The mineral iron was credited with causing one death.
    • An unnamed "energy product" was credited with causing two deaths.
    • An unnamed "multi-botanical" product was created with causing one death.
    • And an unnamed "single ingredient botanical supplement" was credited with causing one death.
    • And vitamins caused no deaths whatsoever.
    So based on these numbers, colloidal silver usage is as safe as vitamin usage, and safer than just about any other category of nutritional supplement.

Compared to Medical Deaths

Keep in mind there are tens of millions of nutritional supplement users in the U.S. And cumulatively speaking, billions of doses of nutritional supplements – including colloidal silver – are taken each year in this country.

Yet the annual death toll from supplements remains…well…negligible, to say the least. Indeed, you can count them on one hand.

On the other hand, however, according to the Journal of the American Medical Association (i.e., the Starfield study, "Is U.S. Health Really the Best in the World?"), every year in the US there are an astonishing 225,000 medically-caused deaths, including:
    • 12,000 deaths from unnecessary surgeries;
    • 7,000 deaths from medication errors in hospitals;
    • 20,000 deaths from other errors in hospitals;
    • 80,000 deaths from infections acquired in hospitals;
    • 106,000 deaths from FDA-approved correctly prescribed medicines.
    That's a total of 225,000 medically caused deaths each and every year in the U.S. That's 2.25 MILLION deaths per decade.

So the next time you read one of those news articles with screaming headlines about how "unsafe" nutritional supplements are, and how badly they need to be "regulated like drugs by the FDA"…

More Here:

http://server.publishers-mgmt.com/semk/secm/2016/01/csu/809/more/

ctrl-z, Malus, TAEZZAR and 1 other person like this.
  36. Malus

irrelevant
    The plastic lid keeps the alligator clips out of the water and shielded from it as well. The distance between the maples makes a big difference (once again held in the plastic lid) and I've made a couple out of old coffee container cans. Constant cleaning of the silver and monitoring is key.....

37. GOLDBRIX

For the NEWBIES that read these posts CLEANING of your silver electrodes is done with nylon scrubbing pads.

DO NOT use metal scouring pads. You risk the possibility of metal and chemical contamination being left on the silver and introduced into your production during electrolysis. You no longer have safe CS/EIS.
    The contamination creates a solution and a RISK NOT WORTH TAKING.

DYODD,
    WAOOR,

ctrl-z, Malus, TAEZZAR and 1 other person like this.
  38. chrisflhtc

I have not heard many here give any "specifics" about how to make CS. I am asking particularly about information given by someone who has something to sell. Not a personnel attack on anyone but a request for a repeatable formula with some "evidence" maybe some references to some studies or some such? Or even some formulas that correlate current flow and voltage and such, voltage being directly related to how many mg of silver is being discharged into the water per time unit,what are you using for an electrolyte? being that pure distilled water is almost a non conductor how do you establish a current flow? Is there some way to stabilize the CS once you've made it? Inquiring minds and all that dontcha know.
    Chris

39. GOLDBRIX

I just re-read the first page of this thread. To me it seems most of the "specifics" are well addressed there.
    Recipe for CS/Electrically Isolated Silver:
    Distilled Water : Make your own or Retail ( Our local Krogers seems to always have ds that tests .000ppm just a suggestion)
    Two .999 Fine or BETTER Ag electrodes. ( Numerous sizes and shapes and some use .999fine silver dollars, not me).
    NOTHING goes into the ds water except the two silver electrodes PERIOD !!!
    A source for voltage - a 9 volt battery will do. Some of us use old converters w/ a resistor ( Go check out AtlasNovadotCOM) for Photographs of Equipment & Instruction.

FYI- No two productions will turn out the same even when everything is done exactly the same. Produced CS/EIS appearances can be affected by sunlight, Lack of sunlight, temperature, and barometric pressure, and those are just the ones I know. Others here may of even more influences.

This is the main reason to purchase and EC Meter discussed in previous posts if you are trying to produce the same amount of ppm in each batch.
    You buy or build the proper "rig" for generating CS/EIS you should also spend the dime for a laser pointer too.

We Are Our Own Researcher,
    Do Your Own Due Diligence,

ctrl-z, Malus, TAEZZAR and 2 others like this.
  40. abeland1

from the preceding post:
    "FYI- No two productions will turn out the same even when everything is done exactly the same. Produced CS/EIS appearances can be affected by sunlight, Lack of sunlight, temperature, and barometric pressure, and those are just the ones I know. Others here may of even more influences."
    This is very true. The main influence on the outcome seems to be the quality of the distilled water that is used. If you notice a difference in the measured PPM of the colloidal silver you make, check the water first. If the water is the same, decontaminate.