1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

The Art of making Colloidal Silver

Discussion in 'Alt Medicine/Coll Silver' started by abeland1, Mar 16, 2014.

1. abeland1

abeland1 Silver Member Silver Miner

How many of you make your colloidal silver? For those of you who make it, how do you use it? Just as most people, I started buying it at a health store over 20 years in desperation over my repeated serious sinus infections. I was ready to try anything. I would have simply continued to buy it even at the price of $80 for a 16-ounce bottle except for the fact that the next time I ordered it they sent something called mild silver protein. It felt and tasted like I was putting vinegar in my nose. I decided then to find out how to make it. The State-of-the-art for making colloidal silver was 3 9 V batteries and two pieces of silver. Hopefully pure silver. Salt was added to speed up the process. I understand electronics quite well and saw that the process was simply one of electrolysis and read up on Faraday's work. The purpose is the production of active silver ions. I bought an electrical conductivity meter, a professional lab instrument from Amber scientific and started experimenting using Canadian silver Maple leafs to see how well I could make this stuff. It was easy to see when you were making particles that were larger than you wanted by the fact that the solution will turn yellow. The solution could block the blue part of the light spectrum coming through the solution leaving red and green, which is yellow. One day I accidentally shown my laser pointer that I used for lecturing through the container that I was using for making a batch of colloidal silver. Despite the fact that the solution was still clear I could see a strong red laser beam within the solution. This was a good thing because this way we could detect the presence of larger particles even before the solution turned yellow. This would mean we would reduce the current and take longer for the process for the given geometry of the silver and the container we were using. The objective has always been to obtain the highest electrical conductivity reading in microsiemens, relating 1 to 1 to the ionic silver PPM. Post number 134 shows that the silver Maple leafs and the reason I decided that I had to use pure silver wire. The corrosive surface of the Maple leafs limited me to about 10 ppm before the particles became too large. The crevices on the corroded parts of the silver Maple leafs did not allow enough room for the ions to escape the Nernst diffusion area. They would collide and form particles. Silver wire it was. After considerable research and expense I found a refinery that was willing to supply 10 and 12 gauge silver wire of greater than 9999 purity. I took a chance that other people would be interested in this as well and had 2000 ounces made, the minimum quantity that they were willing to set up for. I started offering it as simple kits to people who wanted to make colloidal silver. I started a thread on the goldismoney one forum which Blazer has so kindly resurrected, and it received a good reception.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    GOLDBRIX and Traderjoe like this.
  2. Traderjoe

Traderjoe Silver Member Silver Miner

I went to an estate sale recently and bought a colloidal silver kit including a generator, timer and silver wires from "The Silver Edge" with instructions. Looks like it was very lightly used if at all. It was a steal at $5.00. I sell things on ebay and this would make a good profit but I'm not sure I want to sell it. Seems it might benefit us one day. I guess I'll be making a batch soon and joining the ranks of colloidal silver users. Thanks for the tip on the laser pointer as I was wondering how to check the batch. How much can be made from the silver wires?

ctrl-z and abeland1 like this.
  3. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

Yes, YOU got a steal. You got a great deal at ten times the price you paid.
    Tj, Read up on the various threads & posts here in the Alt.Medicine/CS section and go to thesilveredge.com website for testimonials and more CS articles.
    I'm pretty sure that Steve Barwick even lurks around here as some of his writings have testimonials or discriptions very similar to writings here. ( I am not referring to the articles I post excerpts from and give his web address for further reading for those interested).

The uses of CS/EIS for health, sanitation, and preservation purposes have not been surpassed by anything else made by mankind.

Keep it and learn how to use the equipment ( probably fairly easy by just reading through posts here) and DIY.
    On the retail market you would pay DOLLARS per OUNCE where DIYers make GALLONS for PENNIES.

abeland1 and Traderjoe like this.
  4. abeland1

Goldbrix writes:
    "Yes, YOU got a steal. You got a great deal at ten times the price you paid."
    Ten times would be $50. Yes, a colloidal silver generator should be a good deal at $50. The silver edge generators sell for $349.95. Oh but, " a hundred dollars off if you order right away!" I went to the website for the generator, and the seller claims "it is the number one most popular colloidal silver generator on the market." Really? I wouldn't know how to prove or disprove that statement, and I'm not sure it matters whether it is true or not, the average person being average. You need to buy one of these.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/3in1-Digita...091666?hash=item2ca7e0d8d2:g:a90AAOSwnLdWrKbW
    .They are even a couple dollars cheaper if you want to wait for it from China but for $10 this guy ships for free in the US
    With this device, you will be able to measure the ionic content of what you're making. It is an essential piece of equipment and now costs only $10. When I bought my laboratory quality meter for measuring EC, it cost me 1500. If you do this and report the results, it will be a great help to all who are following this thread. This device uses the bubbler method popularized by an alternative health Internet con man claiming to be a retired oncologist who I understand was finally caught up with and jailed for some vitamin scams. I have always been against this method based upon my theoretical understanding of the process. I've been tempted to make a setup and take pictures and measurements and so on to prove that it will fall far short of producing the most effective colloidal silver solution. It's much better if I can talk someone else into doing this. A disinterested third-party. Well, maybe not disinterested but at least you cannot be accused of having an agenda. After all Trader Joe, all you did was attend an estate sale. I had that habit myself for quite a while. Fairly harmless as habits go.

Traderjoe and GOLDBRIX like this.
  5. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

Personally I am not FOR a Bubbler System in CS/EIS generation.
    Even with a sophisticated HIPA quality filter you are pumping room air into your productions. HIPA filters Do Not filter to 100% clean air. They are more like how our unbleached coffee filters act - it eliminates big particles but minute particles can pass through.
    My thinking, you are constantly pumping in minute dust particles into your product just to cause circulation.

There is a British guy on "u.tube" that microwaves his distilled water before and periodically during CS/EIS production. This causes convection.

If constant circulation is something you are interested in I would go with a magnetic stirrer used in laboratories. Most of these plates also heat so you not only get mixing you can also get convection.. Or go with a Pyrex stirring wand.

Personally, I have kabob skewers that I have soaked repeatedly in 20-30 ppm CS/EIS and let thoroughly dry. I use one when I feel the need to stir a production.

Just some suggestions.

DYODD,
    WAOOR,
    Gb

Traderjoe and abeland1 like this.
  6. abeland1

The CSG1 generator that you have does not have automatic polarity reversal. That is why you need to stir it once in a while. If you don't switch the polarity or stir it, discharged silver particles will collect on the cathode. Some of these will break off and be carried upward by the hydrogen bubbles to the surface. If enough of these collect at the surface, they can even short out the two electrodes, stopping the process. No harm will be done to the CSG1 because the current is limited by both the resistor and the LED lamp. I designed the device with the LED and gave instructions for users to give the whole assembly a nudge when the LED reaches a certain brightness. All they have to do is nudge the thing and when doing so observe the fact that the LED decreases in brightness because the current will be reduced. The electrodes leaving the established channel of ions will indicate that the ions are still concentrated in the ion channel between the electrodes, therefore maximum ionic content had not yet been achieved. An occasional stir with a kabob skewer is a much better method than a constant stirring causing a chaotic condition in the Nernst diffusion area, resulting in the collision and agglomeration of silver ions. In the case of a bubbler system, the current between the electrodes will be completely interrupted, open circuit, while there is a bubble of air between the electrodes.
    The answer is a sophisticated method of periodically reversing the polarity. This would have to be under the control of a microprocessor and take into consideration a number of factors. I am working on this.

Goldhedge and GOLDBRIX like this.
  7. mayhem

mayhem Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter

GOLDBRIX and abeland1 like this.
  8. abeland1

I noticed that this design uses strips of 28gauge silver sheet for electrodes. At the sizes quoted I would not think that the electrodes would last for very long. Have you switched to using wire instead?

9. mayhem

Well I bought 4 pairs of the 6" and 2 pair of the 7" when I bought the machine, looking long term then. I really expected the crap hitting the rotator years ago. I'm on my last pair now and was thinking about messaging you for some wire. It would be easy to just drill holes in the plastic holder. Looking at them I don't have to do anything for a while yet, as the originals strips were much thicker back then.

But when the day comes I will get some wire from you, promise.

abeland1 likes this.
  10. abeland1

It looks like the price of water distillers has come way down. I just bought one on eBay for $63 plus $10 for shipping. This looks like one of the same units that have been selling for $150 on the web, including shipping. Having one of these will make a huge difference in your ability to make repeatably good batches of colloidal silver. The distillation process only purifies by a factor of about 100. So the distiller will always be at the mercy of the water that goes into his distiller. This will vary during the year as the rains come and go and polluters get caught or not.
    s-l500 (2).jpg

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  11. abeland1

If you bought one of these things from my recommendation, I hope that you haven't yet received it. It has severe limitations. It doesn't stop until all the water is completely evaporated. This leaves all the contaminants in solid form at the bottom of the heating chamber. The instructions say to fill the chamber with tap water for the first use and run the distiller. It left a deposit at the bottom. When we ran a gallon of distilled water which read 1.7 on our EC meter it produced distilled water that read 20 times that. The reason, of course, is that the distilled water absorbed some metals from the residue left by the tap water. So if you're going to use one of these the first rule should never be put anything in it except previously distilled water. Even then the results will be unpredictable.
    The process of distillation is such that the steam will be pure, but the minerals don't just disappear, they are left in the remaining water. So the chamber should never be empty. The distillation process should stop with the least one-quarter of the water remaining. The maker of this unit either didn't know this or just didn't care. If you're going to get one of these units get a kitchen timer and set it up for say three hours to stop the unit.
    002.JPG

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    GOLDBRIX likes this.
  12. abeland1

As the boys in the mob say "if you want to get respect, you have to give respect." I believe it is also true that if you want to get information, good information, you have to give it to receive it. This is what I have done on this thread over the past two years.
    I wanted to gain a better understanding of the whole "silver as medicine" scene. The earliest aspect of this scene was pretty dismal. Twenty years ago people were using salt and tap water. It's a wonder how more of them did not turn themselves blue. I spent ten years experimenting using Canadian silver Maple leafs as a source of pure silver. These came out in 1988 and served as a great resource as at that time 9999 pure silver was available only at an extremely high cost. The GIM alternative health forum is unique in that it is not controlled or influenced by any commercial interests. I don't know of any other forums that can say this. The information that I have tried to convey has been intended for those willing to spend the time and effort to make their colloidal silver. The techniques detailed enable anyone to make colloidal silver of at least 10 PPM ionic without relying on any particular supplier. There are limitations. Without highly sophisticated methods of controlling the dynamics of what is happening at the anode during the process of electrolysis, it is impossible to achieve an ionic content beyond a certain level reliably. That is one of the main reasons that no two batches ever seem to be the same, an observation raised in one of the posts. Doing this requires a real-time expert system, in essence, a dedicated computer control system.
    I think that we can say that we have firmly established the fact that a high ionic PPM while maintaining a clear solution and the ability to maintain that level over time are the factors with which we can judge the quality of what we make. Back in April of this year, I posted a picture of what I had achieved using a microcontroller and some sophisticated analog circuitry, 37 ppm and it is still clear as a bell. I have continued to refine the system into a half gallon system which has two modes of operation. The ionic mode will operate in such a way as to optimize the ionic PPM strength of 50 PPM while maintaining a minimum of particulate silver and that particulate being of a very small particle size. There will be an option for switching to a ten ppm mode for those who wish to make a typical 10 PPM product is a shorter time. That mode of operation will be similar to the better generators already on the market.

Goldhedge, mayhem and GOLDBRIX like this.
  13. GOLDBRIX

Do you have a Release Date for this new equipment abe. ?

abeland1 likes this.
  14. abeland1

011.JPG
    004.JPG

We should be able to start shipping to the general public on February 1, 2017. The time between now and New Year's can be very difficult regarding getting things done in business, but we already have all the parts and are waiting for the enclosures to be molded and machined. The silver wire is not a problem, Atlasnova always has lots of that, and it's a good thing because each of these machines uses 1.5 ounces. The instructions for use need to be done, but that should be an easier job as this unit has an LCD monitor display which will be informing the user of everything that's going on. The software for the ionic mode is finished and is resulting in a consistent result of over 50 ppm without the solution turning yellow with large particles. I'm surprised and pleased at how this has turned out.

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  15. TN_Preacher

TN_Preacher Silver Member Silver Miner

Really neat what you are doing, abe. There is so much misinformation with CS. Just curious what processor you used? I've used PICs before and they seem well suited to a project like that, and very low cost.

abeland1 likes this.
  16. abeland1

At the time of that first post, I had surveyed the so-called automatic colloidal silver generators available. The best of them, such as the silverpuppy, would shut down when a certain voltage point was reached between the electrodes. This point will vary with the purity of the starting water and the temperature. Because the user has no control over these variables, it would have to be chosen as a compromise if the designer wished to avoid large particles. As a result, even the best of them, such as the "silverpuppy", could do no better than 10 to 15 ppm ionic. There was also the problem of a lack of repeatability in the results. This was common with all of them. I saw no reason to do this as any DIYer with good materials, some patience and an understanding of a few principles could produce a better product.
    From the responses on this thread, I concluded that for one reason or another most people would be unwilling to make an effort necessary use my methods. It is a further testimony to the effectiveness of colloidal silver that what was produced by these automatic generators still worked to help people with their various problems. Silver ions are, in fact, a very powerful and effective weapon against the various harmful bacteria, viruses, and fungi all around us. Even a relatively weak solution of silver ions work to some extent. That being said, it cannot be denied, though some will try, that for a given task 50 ppm ionic will be ten times as effective in a given situation than five PPM.
    When I started this project, I had no real confidence that I would be able to significantly improve on the 20 PPM figure that my larger manual generators could produce. The availability of microprocessors allowed me to apply the techniques that I had used working in electronics during the space race. I could apply techniques using one chip that would have required a whole trailer full of state-of-the-art equipment at the time.
    I got a call yesterday from Paul, one of my first customers for the 1 gallon per day kit. He has been using the colloidal silver he makes from his unit to control his attacks of shingles for the past ten years. He tells me that when the sores and the pain start appearing, he starts spraying the breakouts repeatedly with the 20 PPM plus he makes with the unit. It always works for him. If he gets impatient and stops the process at a lower PPM, it simply doesn't work as well. I have heard this from many other Shingles sufferers. Apparently, it is a tough problem to deal with. People like Paul, with problems like his, should benefit greatly from the ability to make 50 ppm ionic reliably.

17. GOLDBRIX

Abe...., Suggest to Paul to take some CS internally too either sublingually or gargle and swallow. Attack from two directions, topical and internally.
    Last night I saw a commercial for a handheld vaporizer the ad said they are sold at TARGET and other major box stores. That may be a good way to get CS into the body by inhalation into the lungs. I use CS/EIS with distilled water in my CPAP reservoir for years now.
    I carry the Chicken Pox virus myself but since using CS/EIS I have had no outbreaks (Coldsores - lips or Zosters - fingers) and I've NEVER had a Shingles out break.

Something to consider, and Trying to help a fellow CS user too.

We Are Our Own Researchers.

abeland1 likes this.
  18. abeland1

I just received my 2-ounce bottle of colloidal silver from info wars. The quality of the product is much better than I had expected. I don't know how they can do it for $10 including shipping. It's only 2 ounces, but that should be enough for someone to prove to themselves that it would help with the problems, such as a sinus infection or pinkeye. People are subject to so much negative information about colloidal silver some way for them to try it with a minimum commitment is necessary. The info wars people should be congratulated on their ability to provide this service. As the following picture shows, it tests out to a strength of 39 ppm for ionic content, well in line with their claim of 30 ppm. It has a slight Amber color indicating a larger average particle size than is perfectly desirable, but quite acceptable for limited internal use. Those of us who already know the great benefits of colloidal silver should not hesitate to recommend this offer. Thanks, GB.

Attached Files:

GOLDBRIX and Traderjoe like this.
  19. abeland1

When you go into basic training in the service one of the first things they drill into you is the fact that when you "ASSUME," you make ASS out of U and ME. It seems I have done it again. When I read the product description:

"highly unique electrical process that seeks to create a minute particle size while also focusing in on the stability of these particles -- all without the use of chemical additives that some manufacturers choose to place within their "natural" products."
    "its clean nature that is free of toxic artificial additives."
    I thought they were using our method.
    I should have paid more attention to the following:
    "Note: We have decided to switch to blue colored bottles for this run of Silver Bullet Colloidal Silver. The formula itself has not changed."
    "Concentrated to 30 ppm (parts per million) in a pure base of deionized water,".

Here's a picture of this stuff after being open for five days in a clear glass. It has gone decidedly murky. I finally got up the courage to go ahead and taste this stuff. Reminded me of cream soda with maybe a little bit of salt added. This stuff has nothing to do with what we have been working on in this thread. The fact that it measures 39.8 microsiemens on my conductivity meter means nothing in terms of silver. A little bit of sugar or a tiny bit of salt added to distilled water would give the same result. If anything goes into the process aside from pure water and pure silver, a conductivity measurement is meaningless. This is not to say that there is no silver in this stuff. There may be, and it may have some beneficial effect.
    The hard truth is that manufacturers who are bottling things are not going to be interested in manufacturing methods that take a certain length of time. I'm sure you can make big batches of so-called colloidal silver using a chemical process, probably involving silver nitrate, in quantities of gallons in minutes. From there you start up the bottling line machine and start pumping them out, and that's how you make money. I'm afraid that all I've done in ordering this stuff and testing it is to prove the point that if you want the right stuff, at the right price, you have to make your own.

Attached Files:

TAEZZAR, GOLDBRIX and mayhem like this.
  20. mayhem

So I'll say it for ya, "Snake Oil".

Edit to add: Never in the 12 years that I have been making CS have I ever made something that looked like that.

TAEZZAR, abeland1 and GOLDBRIX like this.
  21. abeland1

Goldhedge likes this.
  22. abeland1

Here's a link to a very interesting article about silver ions being used in medicine.

http://www.medgadget.com/2017/02/scaffolds-stem-cells-silver-osteomyelitis.html

It is encouraging to note that silver ions are being recognized for their benefit by the medical establishment. And yet here is another article about a device to be implanted to release silver ions into people's sinuses who have Sinusitis problems. Sinusitis is the reason I discovered colloidal silver over 20 years ago. I doubt that many people would have more serious sinus problems then I had at that time requiring massive doses of antibiotics. Too bad the establishment will not simply advise them to use colloidal silver and a Netti pot instead of shoving things up their noses. Of course, we must consider the fact that there's more money to be made with this device.

http://www.medgadget.com/2017/02/pr...g-implant-chronic-sinusitis-fda-approved.html

23. GOLDBRIX

I have two atomizer spray bottles from nasal sprays I dumped out and rinsed numerous times I keep CS/EIS in. In the dry winter I'll spray my nasal passages 3-4 sprays each nostril while inhaling and 3-4 sprays to the back of my throat via my mouth while inhaling.
    I also us CS/EIS in the reservoir of my CPAP machine that I wear while I sleep.
    I use CS/EIS in cool mist vaporizers during dry winter months and when family get sick I move it into their bedroom to sleep under.

I've seen a hand help vaporizer being advertised at major stores such as TARGET & WALGREENS. It is on my TO GET List and try.

The Netti Pot is to harsh for my liking. But the above work for me, and to each their own. What works WORKS.

DYODD,
    WAOOR.

abeland1 likes this.
  24. abeland1

We've been seeing a decline in the last few months in the quality of distilled water available. It has gone from being typically less than one Microsiemen to almost 2 Microsiemens. This required me to make some changes in software of our new generator to ensure that users could achieve the 50 ppm of ionic strength without having to buy a distiller to redistill the water that they buy. In an effort to see if there was perhaps a way around this I bought a gallon of distilled water from Amazon.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019SCSOA8/ref=pe_1098610_137717230_cm_rv_rej_eml_dp
    it arrived promptly with free shipping and I got set to make some super colloidal silver. My generator would have none of it. I measured the conductivity and read 367 Microsiemens. I tried to post the following review on Amazon:
    "They state under product features that it is chemically Type II. Type II water should have a conductivity of less than one Microsiemen. Please refer to this link:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purified_water
    for specifications on this rating. I measure, with my Amber scientific laboratory grade conductivity meter, 369 microsiemens, not much better than tap water. The product is grossly misrepresented."

Amazon replied:
    "Your review could not be posted.

⦁ Your review should focus on specific features of the product and your experience with it. Feedback on the seller or your shipment experience should be provided at www.amazon.com/feedback.
    ⦁ We do not allow profane or obscene content. This applies to adult products too.
    ⦁ Advertisements, promotional material or repeated posts that make the same point excessively are considered spam.
    ⦁ Please do not include URLs external to Amazon or personally identifiable content in your review. "

Sometimes you just don't know whether to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. I got a refund. But for my fellow colloidal silver makers, be forewarned. There are people who either have no clue about what they're doing or just don't care.
    I returned it and Amazon paid for shipping. The refund policies of Amazon are great and worked very well but who needs the hassle?

25. GOLDBRIX

I have very good luck with the distilled water I get from Krogers. I suggest you try the distilled water from their family of stores : Dillions, Fred Meyer, Fry's, QFC, Ralph's, & Smith's.

Best of Luck.

anywoundedduck, TAEZZAR and abeland1 like this.
  26. abeland1

For those of you who have been following this thread I'd like to apologize for my lack of attention to it of late. The new automatic colloidal silver generator that I have been designing was at a stage that I considered finished back in early November. I had made a great number of runs in the 10 day mode with yields of 50 ppm ionic value and the seven hour mode also performed quite well at over 10 PPM ionic and five PPM particulate. We started getting a lot of rain just after Thanksgiving here in the Northwest and the quality of the distilled water available here took a turn for the worse. This will happen when the rivers reach flood stage and all the silt gets into the feed water of the distillers.
    I couldn't help noticing that this affected the performance of my new generators. I could see a trace of yellow, a yellow tinge at the end of the run's. This is not acceptable. It indicates a particle size that we now know is unacceptable. I considered selling them with the condition that the distilled water had to be of a certain quality or suggesting to those using my generator that they needed to buy a distiller if the distilled water that was available to them is not of a certain quality. I went to the trouble of buying a cheap water distiller to see if this would be a solution and you can see the results of this in post number 170.
    I decided I couldn't do this. The quality of distilled water varies throughout the country and at different times during the year. I had to start over and refine the algorithms in my program to allow for the variation in water quality. This task has taken me from Christmas to now. The quality of the distilled water, as long as it it is in fact, distilled, is no longer as of such great importance. I'm glad that I'm no longer working for some company with hungry salesman who just can't wait to get a new product out the door. Thanks everyone, for your patience.

Goldhedge and TAEZZAR like this.
  27. anywoundedduck

anywoundedduck Gold Member Gold Chaser

Data Architect, Systems Engineer, Business Owner,
    I make mine with Kroger water too. 3 years ago the distilled water started to get too many particulates that could easily be seen in the water. I complained to the managers that they need to clean it up or stop selling it. They fixed it.

abeland1 and GOLDBRIX like this.
  28. GOLDBRIX

Reminds me of this quip :"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas A. Edison

Congratulations on your success and drive Arn. .

abeland1 likes this.
  29. abeland1

Here is a link to a good illustration and explanation of the Tyndall effect:
    https://www.thoughtco.com/definition-of-tyndall-effect-605756
    The Tyndall effect with a tightly focused light beam was used by makers of colloidal silver before low-cost lasers became available. This enabled people to get an idea of the particles they were making in the range all the way up to 1 µm. A laser beam, because of the many modes of scattering and the exaggerated scattering effect made possible by the coherent nature of the laser energy, enabled the detection of particles beginning in the size of 30 to 40 nm. This enabled makers to stop the process before the particles became ever larger and started to agglomerate to the point where the colloid would turn yellow.
    We have come a long way since then. I think we've come to the point where we should stop using the term colloidal. With the silver ions, individual atoms and small agglomerations of less than 10 nm of charged atoms, also ions, we have a silver solution, not a silver colloid. This change in the naming of what we are interested in making would also eliminate the confusion caused by those who include ingredients other than pure water and pure silver. These consist of all sorts of things, proteins, acids, sugars and who knows what. This enables some marketers to claim very high PPM values. PPM of what? Who knows? It gives the whole effort a bad name. This may be the biggest problem that we have with the FDA. We need to set some standard. Using the very simple methods that we have outlined on this thread, we can all with very simple equipment, make 10 to 15 ppm clear silver solution reliably. With advanced automated techniques and an extended length of time, we will soon be able to make 50 ppm clear silver solution. I think it would be of great benefit for us to try to agree on what we're trying to accomplish.

Goldhedge likes this.
  30. Zed

Zed Size doesn't count! Midas Member

Nuclear Technician
    I use deionized water from the super market, the product is clear and it works well. I get around 20ppm with a 'silver well' machine.

abeland1 likes this.
  31. abeland1

Above is the first message of this thread. It was started to pool the existing expertise in the matter of an individual making their colloidal silver.
    The manufacturers of colloidal silver do what they can to discourage people from this. That is perfectly understandable. They cannot be condemned for this. Business is a business. We cannot prevent people attempting to manipulate us without giving up our freedom. We have to find the truth for ourselves. That has never been easy. Personally, (and I'm probably wrong), I think they're missing some potential buyers. I think that if people knew they need not be dependent on a supplier for something they have found is very useful to them. They would be more willing to buy a bottle and try it. That's how I started using colloidal silver. I was so desperate about my repeated sinus infections that I was ready to try anything, even snake oil. It worked, nothing had before. And believe me, I had tried everything, including an operation called an SMR.
    If you have just come upon this thread and come here as the last message (a bad habit I have), then please go back to the first one. If you go through the thread, you'll find out how to make pure electrically Isolated smallest particle colloidal silver. And you will find that you don't have to buy any particular thing from any particular person. As in everything else, there are good guys and bad guys out there DYODD.

32. abeland1

The medical community is once again stressing out at the renewed emergence of gram-negative superbugs. Silver ions are proven to be very effective at killing gram-negative bacteria of all types. The medical community would seem to prefer to keep pumping more and more antibiotics into people, therefore, ensuring that even more deadly strains of these bacteria emerge. They seem to want to wait for a vaccine which some pharmaceutical company can then sell. Why not try colloidal silver? Next week I will be offering machines that are capable of producing 50 ppm ionic silver, the most powerful ionic silver ever produced. It is also as clear as a bell, free of large particles. I would be only too happy to send any of the researchers or clinicians some of this 50 ppm silver for them to test its effectiveness in situ or in vivo. If only I know whom to talk to or whom to send it to.

Date: Wed 17 May 2017 3:58 PM ET
    Source: NBC News [edited]
    <http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/houston-s-had-superbug-problem-years-never-knew-n760466>

A dangerous strain of antibiotic-resistant bacteria is far more common
    in Houston than anyone knew and shows signs it can spread
    prolifically, researchers reported [Tue 16 May 2017].

It's a specific strain of bacteria known as _Klebsiella pneumoniae_.
    The superbug is showing a special talent for picking up genes that
    give it the ability to resist a broad range of antibiotics, the team
    at Houston Methodist hospital system said. "It causes very serious
    infection in hospitalized patients," said Dr James Musser, who led the
    study team. "What we discovered, surprisingly, is one of the major
    strains causing infection in our patients in Houston is genetically
    distinct from strains of this same germ causing human infections
    [elsewhere] in the United States," Musser added.

Doctors and public health officials have been warning for years about
    the rise of drug-resistant superbugs. They are especially dangerous to
    patients in the hospital for extended periods of time but they can
    also be found in people with ordinary infections such as cystitis and
    pneumonia.

There have been some nightmarish outbreaks -- like one in 2011 at the
    flagship National Institutes of Health's clinical center in Bethesda,
    Maryland, that killed 7 people. That outbreak was caused by a strain
    of _Klebsiella_ resistant to a major class of antibiotics called
    carbapenems. Officials eventually discovered it was breeding in the
    hospital's sinks. And just this past January [2017], doctors reported
    on the case of a Nevada woman who had traveled to India and died from
    a rare superbug that could not be killed by any antibiotic available
    in the U.S.

Musser's team did an extended genetic analysis of 1777 _Klebsiella_
    samples taken from patients at the 2000-bed Houston Methodist hospital
    system between 2011 and 2015. They found all sorts of tricks the
    bacteria had developed to resist antibiotics. That included plasmids
    -- little cassette-like pieces of genetic material that different
    species of bacteria can swap. They are a very quick and easy way for
    bacteria to acquire resistance genes and are very worrying to
    infectious disease experts.

"We identified 15 strains expressing the New Delhi
    metallo-beta-lactamase-1 (NDM-1) enzyme that confers broad resistance
    to nearly all beta-lactam antibiotics," the team reported in the
    journal mBio, published by the American Society for Microbiology [1].

These extended-spectrum beta-lactamase (ESBL) genes are especially
    dangerous and often kill patients. A once-rare strain of ESBL
    _Klebsiella_ called CG307 was unusually common, they found. That may
    mean there's more to come, the team warned. "Our results may portend
    the emergence of an especially successful clonal group of
    antibiotic-resistant _K. pneumoniae_," they concluded.

In other words, bacteria are actively trading a toolkit that makes
    them both deadly and resistant to treatment. The discovery in Houston,
    a diverse city of 6 million people that's also a popular destination
    for people seeking medical treatment, is especially troubling, the
    researchers noted. The superbug is still around, by the way. "We
    confirmed that CG307 strains continue to be an abundant cause of
    infections in our hospital system by sequencing an additional 96
    ESBL-producing _K. pneumoniae_ strains recovered in 2017," the team
    wrote.

"Currently, unfortunately, there is no approved human vaccine against
    _Klebsiella pneumoniae_," Musser said. "We desperately need to have a
    human vaccine."

[Byline: Maggie Fox]

[1. Long SW, Olsen RJ, Todd N. Eagara TN, et al. Population Genomic
    Analysis of 1777 Extended-Spectrum Beta-Lactamase-Producing
    _Klebsiella pneumoniae_ Isolates, Houston, Texas: Unexpected Abundance
    of Clonal Group 307. mBIO 2017; 8(3). Published 16 May 2017. Available
    online at: <http://mbio.asm.org/content/8/3/e00489-17.full>. ]

--
    Communicated by:
    ProMED-mail
    <promed@promedmail.org>

[The following is the edited abstract from the journal article
    referenced in the news report above:

Abstract
    --------
    _Klebsiella pneumoniae_ is a major human pathogen responsible for high
    morbidity and mortality rates. The emergence and spread of strains
    resistant to multiple antimicrobial agents and documented large
    nosocomial outbreaks are especially concerning. To develop new
    therapeutic strategies for _K. pneumoniae_, it is imperative to
    understand the population genomic structure of strains causing human
    infections.

To address this knowledge gap, we sequenced the genomes of 1777
    extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing _K. pneumoniae_ strains
    cultured from patients in the 2000-bed Houston Methodist Hospital
    system between September 2011 and May 2015, representing a
    comprehensive, population-based strain sample. Strains of largely
    uncharacterized clonal group 307 (CG307) caused more infections than
    those of well-studied epidemic CG258. Strains varied markedly in gene
    content and had an extensive array of small and very large plasmids,
    often containing antimicrobial resistance genes. Some patients with
    multiple strains cultured over time were infected with genetically
    distinct clones.

We identified 15 strains expressing the New Delhi
    metallo-beta-lactamase 1 (NDM-1) enzyme that confers broad resistance
    to nearly all beta-lactam antibiotics. Transcriptome sequencing
    analysis of 10 phylogenetically diverse strains showed that the global
    transcriptome of each strain was unique and highly variable.

Experimental mouse infection provided new information about
    immunological parameters of host-pathogen interaction. We exploited
    the large data set to develop whole-genome sequence-based classifiers
    that accurately predict clinical antimicrobial resistance for 12 of
    the 16 antibiotics tested. We conclude that analysis of large,
    comprehensive, population-based strain samples can assist
    understanding of the molecular diversity of these organisms and
    contribute to enhanced translational research.

[The above was extracted from the full article, which is available at
    the source URL. - Mod.ML]

_Klebsiella pneumoniae_ are Gram-negative bacteria that can cause
    healthcare-associated infections, including pneumonia, urinary tract
    infections, bloodstream infections, wound or surgical site infections,
    and meningitis. They spread from patient to patient via contact with
    the contaminated hands of healthcare personnel or contaminated
    environmental surfaces. Patients at most risk are those who require
    mechanical ventilators or intravenous catheters, and patients who are
    taking long courses of antibiotics.

_K. pneumoniae_ have become increasingly multidrug resistant. The
    development of multiple-drug resistance allows _K. pneumoniae_ to
    persist in the hospital environment, in which antibiotic usage is
    widespread. Multidrug-resistant (MDR) _K. pneumoniae_ isolates
    frequently produce extended-spectrum ?-lactamases (ESBLs) and/or
    carbapenemases in combination with quinolone and aminoglycoside
    resistance.

ESBLs are frequently plasmid-encoded beta-lactamases that hydrolyze
    extended-spectrum cephalosporins with an oxyimino side chain
    (cefotaxime, ceftriaxone, and ceftazidime), as well as the
    oxyimino-monobactam aztreonam. ESBLs also confer resistance to
    penicillins and older cephalosporins, but do not confer resistance to
    the carbapenems. However, _K. pneumoniae_ have also developed
    resistance to carbapenem antibiotics by the acquisition of certain
    transmissible plasmid-encoded beta-lactamases (carbapenemases) that
    destroys the carbapenems, as well as most other beta-lactam
    antibiotics. These organisms are named Klebsiella pneumoniae
    carbapenemase (KPC)-producers.

Because transmissible resistance plasmids can be shared between
    _Klebsiella_ spp. and other pathogens, these enzymes now been
    identified in several other species in the Enterobacteriaceae family
    and are called carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae or CRE.

Molecular typing procedures, such as multilocus sequence typing (MLST)
    and whole genome sequencing, have been used to classify _K.
    pneumoniae_ into ST and clonal groups (CG). The above investigation
    sequenced the genomes of 1777 ESBL-producing _K. pneumoniae_ strains
    cultured from patients in the 2000-bed Houston Methodist Hospital
    system between September 2011 and May 2015. The study found that
    CG307, an otherwise unusual clonal group caused more infections, for
    unknown reasons, in the Houston, Texas region throughout the study
    period (between September 2011 and May 2015), as well as in 2017, than
    CG258 that predominates elsewhere in the U.S.
    (<http://aac.asm.org/content/53/8/3365.full>). The study also found
    that 64.6 percent of the CG258 strains compared to 34.3 percent of the
    CG307 strains were KPC-producers and CG307 strains causing infections
    in Houston appeared to be as virulent as CG258 strains. - Mod.ML

A HealthMap/ProMED-mail map can be accessed at:
    <http://healthmap.org/promed/p/245>.]

[See Also:
    Antibiotic resistance (02): WHO, priority pathogens
    http://promedmail.org/post/20170301.4871299
    Antibiotic resistance (01): China: colistin, MCR-1 clin.
    Enterobacteriaceae isolates
    http://promedmail.org/post/20170129.4799871
    ----
    Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae - Ireland: (LK) nosocomial,
    fatal, 2009-2015 http://promedmail.org/post/20161124.4652418
    Antibiotic resistance (04): India, China, environmental pollution
    http://promedmail.org/post/20161020.4574059
    Antibiotic resistance (03): India (TG) environmental pollution
    http://promedmail.org/post/20161010.4548738
    Antibiotic -resistant Enterobacteriaceae - USA: (CA) reportable
    http://promedmail.org/post/20161008.4545844
    Gonococcal disease - USA (05): (HI) ceftriaxone plus azithromycin
    resistance http://promedmail.org/post/20160924.4513277
    Antibiotic resistance (02): UN General Assembly 2016, WHO Global
    Action Plan http://promedmail.org/post/20160923.4511617
    Antibiotic resistance: International Journal of Infectious Diseases,
    editorial http://promedmail.org/post/20160918.4497194
    Antibiotic resistance - USA (06): ESBL, FQ, E. coli, UTI
    http://promedmail.org/post/20160918.4496481
    Antibiotic resistance - France: non-MCR-1, colistin/carbapenem, 2014
    http://promedmail.org/post/20160916.4492825
    Antibiotic resistance - USA (05): colistin, MCR-1, E. coli, new case,
    contacts http://promedmail.org/post/20160911.4479863
    Gonococcal disease - UK (02): azithromycin resistance, spread, MSM,
    RFI http://promedmail.org/post/20160910.4479782
    Antibiotic resistance, Salmonella - USA: NARMS, 2014
    http://promedmail.org/post/20160910.4478868
    Antibiotic resistance - USA (04): (NJ) colistin/carbapenem, MCR-1, E.
    coli, human http://promedmail.org/post/20160902.4459453
    Antibiotic resistance - Europe, Canada: colistin, MCR-1, E. coli,
    bovine, human http://promedmail.org/post/20160808.4400601
    Antibiotic resistance - Germany: colistin, MCR-1, E. coli, poultry,
    2010 - 2015 http://promedmail.org/post/20160728.4374873
    Gonococcal disease - USA (03): increasing azithromycin resistance,
    2014 http://promedmail.org/post/20160716.4349791
    Antibiotic resistance - Belgium: colistin, MCR-2, plasmid, E. coli,
    pigs, calves http://promedmail.org/post/20160709.4335297
    Antibiotic resistance - Portugal: colistin, MCR-1, Salmonella, Cu
    tolerance http://promedmail.org/post/20160703.4323241
    Antibiotic resistance - USA (03): (NY) colistin, MCR-1, E. coli, human
    http://promedmail.org/post/20160630.4317770
    Antibiotic resistance - multicountry: colistin, MCR-1, E. coli, gull
    http://promedmail.org/post/20160630.4313655
    Antibiotic resistance, Salmonella - Africa: (sub-Saharan)
    fluoroquinolones http://promedmail.org/post/20160617.4293589
    Antibiotic resistance - USA (02): colistin, MCR-1, E. coli, pig
    http://promedmail.org/post/20160616.4290293
    Antibiotic resistance - USA: colistin, MCR-1, E. coli, human, pig
    http://promedmail.org/post/20160528.4251552
    Antibiotic resistance - Denmark: AR genes, archived soil, 1923-2010
    http://promedmail.org/post/20160224.4047676
    Antibiotic resistance - Italy: colistin, MCR-1, E. coli, turkeys, 2014
    http://promedmail.org/post/20160113.3933461
    Antibiotic resistance - Canada: colistin, MCR-1, E. coli, grd. beef,
    human, 2010 http://promedmail.org/post/20160106.3915891
    Gonococcal disease - UK: (England) azithromycin monotherapy
    resistance, RFI http://promedmail.org/post/20160103.3907866]
    .................................................sb/ml/ec/lm

33. GOLDBRIX

IMHO - As long as Big Pharma and .Gov are in cahoots with one another you are wasting your time. Big Pharma will continue its love for Big Profits and protecting their turf at the risk of its cattle ( people / consumers).

We have posted articles here, maybe on different threads, where it has been shown that CS /EIS magnifies the effectiveness of many antibiotics even those that the medical field now consider useless.

My only suggestion would be to search for Wellness / Homeopathic/ Allopathic Practitioners.
    I know Robert Scott Bell is a radio personality on Wellness & Homeopathy but he is tied at the hip with SOVEREIGN SILVER and has been for YEARS.

abeland1 likes this.
  34. abeland1

I think the problem with the reluctance of the majority of people to use and make colloidal silver is the fact that it is identified with alternative medicine. It didn't use to be an alternative. It used to be one of the main infection fighting weapons available to medical practitioners. Since then we have improved the process of making colloidal silver using electrolysis, producing smaller particles and making it even more effective. It was the advent of antibiotics and the profit potential of these antibiotics controlled by pharmaceutical companies that pushed silver aside. The fact is that we are ending the age of antibiotics. The microbes are rapidly finding a way around antibiotics. This will inevitably lead to the existence of superbugs.
    I went to the sovereign silver website, and it was very interesting. They would undoubtedly be one of the better sellers of bottles of colloidal silver. Their regular product is 10 PPM. They have what they call Argentyn 23, which I guess means 23 ppm. You have to be a practitioner and fill out an information form before they give you any more information about it.
    I have just finished, and I'm ready to ship a fully automatic colloidal silver generator that will produce over 50 ppm of clear EIS colloidal silver with a one-year shelf life. I'll be happy to sell it to anybody, no questions asked. Have a look at the instructions for use:

https://www.atlasnova.com/CSG-ULTRA-Instructions.pdf

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  35. abeland1

The age of antibiotics is coming to an end. When will some brave soul in the medical establishment try silver ions as an alternative? The continued overuse of antibiotics has virtually assured the eventual emergence of a lethal airborne superbug.

"In a bid to battle antibiotic resistance, the World Health Organization for the first time has classified antibiotics into three categories, including one that lists the drugs it hopes will not be used except in circumstances of dire need. The antibiotic breakdown is part of the WHO’s essential medicines list, which is updated every two years. The 2017 iteration was published Tuesday.
    The section on antibiotics divides these critical drugs into three categories. Those that should be go-to drugs for common infections are listed as “access” antibiotics. Others for which growing resistance is a problem are listed under the category “watch” to signal they should not be first or second options.
    The final category is “reserve” — a name that signals that these are drugs that should only be used to treat infections for which other options have failed.
    “These medicines should be protected and prioritized as key targets in [antibiotic] stewardship programs to preserve their effectiveness,” Dr. Marie-Paule Kieny, the WHO’s assistant director-general for health systems and innovation, said during a news conference.
    Kieny said the hope is that the list will help health systems and doctors use antibiotics in a way that will better preserve their usefulness. For instance, the drug ciprofloxacin shouldn’t be prescribed for urinary tract or upper respiratory tract infections — even though it often is.
    “We don’t see this as a quick fix solution,” Kieny said of the ranking tool. “But we know that where preservation of antibiotics has worked, through hospital stewardship programs, we have seen a reduction in resistance trends.”
    Outside experts hailed the decision to rank antibiotics in this way.
    “The updated essential medicines list should help ensure antibiotics of last resort are reserved only for when first-line treatments will not work and that doctors in all countries have easy access to the best and most appropriate treatments,” Dr. Tim Jinks, head of the Wellcome Trust’s drug resistant infection program, said in a statement.
    Among the drugs in the reserve category is colistin, an old antibiotic that has been a drug of last resort. Concern about its continued usefulness has arisen, however, because of the emergence of a superbug called mcr-1 — a gene that allows bacteria to withstand the drug.
    Dr. Suzanne Hill, WHO’s director of essential medicines and health products, said having a list of antibiotics the world shouldn’t use unless absolutely necessary will require a rethinking of the way manufacturers are compensated for making drugs in that class.
    “We don’t want colistin used very frequently. In fact, we don’t want it used at all,” she said.
    Pharmaceutical companies normally recoup their development costs through sales but in the case of these drugs, the goal is to restrict sales to the greatest degree possible. Other forms of compensation — ways to reward companies for not promoting use — might include cash awards or buying out licenses, Hill said."

36. GOLDBRIX

So I got in touch with Abe. and purchased one of the first CSG-ULTRAs. I'm at the halfway point of a half gallon batch of 50ppm est. Colloidal / Ionic / Electrically Isolated SILVER.
    The ULTRA takes 10 days to make 50 ppm, Clear CS. I'm at 124 hours with an estimated 32 ppm.
    I have a sample of the distilled water in a jar next to the half gallon working jar. With just over halfway through the visual comparison looks identical, but once you take a laser pointer to the two it is obvious the half gallon batch is working ( The CSG-ULTRA, itself also provides numerous readings of progress). The Tyndall Effect on the sample jar of DS water (of course) lacks any laser visibility. The half-gallon jar is indicating the bright pure ruby red laser path through the working CS. There is ZERO sparkle or flash which comes from particles much larger than what the ULTRA delivers.
    The main loops of the electrodes show a very light coating due to the electrolysis on them, but there is no sloughing or precipitation anywhere .
    For those who want 10ppm the ULTRA pops that out in about 7 hours.

Halfway through my first 50ppm batch and can not wait to try the final product.

We Are Our Own Researchers

abeland1 likes this.
  37. GOLDBRIX

Well, My first batch is at an estimated 47ppm and I'm at 222 hours in the process. CSG-ULTRA is estimating the size of the particles are 10 nanometers.

There is a difference ( and I think should be expected) visually when comparing the control distilled water jar to the half gallon jar of processing CS. After all the laser indicated earlier a beautiful ruby red Tyndall Effect line that silver particles were present in the half gallon jar.
    Still the half gallon is visually clear, with zero "crud" build-up and ZERO precipitation on/to the bottom of the jar, just the slightest essence of yellow.
    I have not decided if I'll let the process go the 240 hours and see what the ppm finally arrive at, or stop the process when the processing gets to the estimated 50ppm.
    I like the high estimated ppm count without having to stir or use a bubbler injecting micro dust particles into the CS. Even if your bubbler has a HEPA Filter it would still allow minute particles into the batch.
    You can literally turn this machine on and FORGET ABOUT IT til it is done working.
    It has been interesting to watch this machine work, and it is working well, and very informative.

We Are Our Own Researchers,
    Gb

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    abeland1 likes this.
  38. GOLDBRIX

My first batch got to a CSG- ULTRA machine est. 50ppm so I turned the generator off. I decanted the production into smaller 24oz bottles running the CS/EIS production through an unbleached coffee filter. Upon filtering a visual check against the Control Jar of distilled water was made. The batch was crystal clear to my visual inspection No Visual Difference from my point of view and eyes.
    There was a small amount of "slough/sluff" found to have accumulated in the bottom of the half gallon jar at the end of production. The filter caught it during the decanting. ( I save my used filters to use a patches and bandage for bug bites, wounds, and burns)

My TDS meter gave a reading of 21 ppm. As my TDS meter has NOT been specific adjusted for Ag particulate but typical Saline / Sodium Chloride solution I multiply my reading by 2 and 2.5 for my TDS estimated ppm reading giving me results between 42 - 52.5 within my range of acceptance since NONE of us can afford an actual Atomic Microscopic examination for a specific count.

Taste is milder than that of my other silver generator productions that was only 1/5 to 1/3 the estimated ppm.

Next test will be the 7 hour / 10 ppm version of the ULTRA's CS/EIS generation. It may be awhile as I've filled all my bottles and no spares for now.

WAOOR,
    DYODD,
    Gb

abeland1 likes this.
  39. abeland1

Thank you Goldbrix for your purchase of a CSG ultra and your report. I note in your second post that you noticed what appeared to be a slight yellow tinge and in the last report after it was decanted, it was completely clear. I suspect that this is caused by the tendency, at this concentration and ionic potential, for some silver hydroxide to lightly coat the insides of the jar. This doesn't seem to do any real harm but will give a yellow tinge that is not part of the batch. Before you start the next batch it might be a good idea to give the jar a good cleaning with a clean kitchen towel of the inside of the Mason jar. A final rinse with a bit of hydrogen peroxide and some distilled water will do the trick. I'm sure that we will all enjoy any reports you have of your use of the new, more powerful, germ killer.

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  40. GOLDBRIX

Just to be perfectly clear I would not have noticed any change if it were not for the control jar of ds water sitting right next to half gallon jar towards the end of the production time. That is how slight of a variance I am reporting.
    AND
    As I wrote when the production was filtered through an unbleached coffee filter any discrepancy was completely gone.
    Currently the empty and dry half gallon production jar is crystal clear. Looks the way it came.
    I will do as you suggested when I make my 10+ ppm batch.

WAOOR

abeland1 likes this.