1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

The Art of making Colloidal Silver

Discussion in 'Alt Medicine/Coll Silver' started by abeland1, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Thecrensh

Thecrensh Gold Member Gold Chaser

He wasn't pro or con and stated that it is very effective when used topically. I don't think he's bought in to "Pharma" or anything...he's pretty conservative politically. Just stating what he knew or had been taught. As for your personal experiences, I'm sure they are real...I've taken CS as well and used it topically for several years. It's very effective in my opinion and experience.

abeland1 and GOLDBRIX like this.
  2. abeland1

abeland1 Silver Member Silver Miner

If you have come across this thread to learn how to make colloidal silver properly and have gone to this, which is presently the last post in the thread, I would like to suggest that you start from the very first post of the thread. The purpose of the thread was, and remains, an effort to provide accurate, honest, and non-commercial information to those interested in making the most effective form of colloidal silver.
    The biggest problem with colloidal silver is its name. If we call something colloidal, it simply means that it is held in suspension. For example, milk is colloidal butterfat. As it is homogenized, the fat particles will tend to stay in suspension because the particles have been agitated to the point where they are small enough to not combine and rise to the top.
    Now, what does this have to do with making colloidal silver? It's not hard to understand why we want the smallest possible particles of silver. Let's face it. We don't want any more metal of any kind in our body other than that what we need to stay well or help to heal a wound or infection. For a given total weight of metal, small particles will result in a much greater surface area than large particles. For silver to have any effect on the microbe, it has to come into contact with that microbe. For the sake of simplicity, let's consider our particles as spheres. If our particle is 100 nm in diameter, it will weigh the same as about 10,000 1 nm particles. What would have a better chance of getting to the bacteria we want to kill? 10,000 or one?
    "Colloidal silver" is sold with ratings of parts per million "PPM." This is the ratio of the weight of the water versus the weight of the silver contained and suspended in the water. This measurement is made by the method of atomic absorption spectrophotometer. A sample is burned, and the light emitted includes spectral lines for silver, the amplitude of which gives an indication of the parts per million, by weight. There is nothing in this method to distinguish between ions, "charged" particles and uncharged.
    It is straightforward for unscrupulous manufacturers of colloidal silver to make and advertise "colloidal silver" with strengths of 20, 30, 50, or 500 PPM. All they have to do is generate large particles and coat them with a substance lighter than water so that they will stay in suspension. These solutions will have a color as the larger particles will block out portions of the ambient light trying to shine through the water. The larger the particles, the more color will appear beginning with light yellow to dark yellow and so on. There is no real evidence to suggest that these solutions will do you harm except for leading to a condition called argyria. They should be avoided because they will be relatively much less effective than a solution of silver ions.
    As you read through the thread, you will find numerous citations of serious, peer-reviewed studies illustrating the superiority of silver ions in killing bacteria to silver particles. The number of silver ions is measured in terms of the electrical conductivity. When this thread started, the only instruments with the ability to measure this were quite expensive. The price of these has come down to an amazing degree. An instrument capable of measuring ionic PPM within one or two ppm is now available on eBay for less than $10. If you're going to make colloidal silver "ionic" one of these should be the first thing that you purchase. The second thing is to make sure of is that you get genuine 9999 pure silver wire with a certificate of analysis from a reputable source. Other than that, all you need is a voltage source and a resistor to limit the current. A multimeter with the 2 V scale and an additional 1K resistor will allow you to measure your current in microamps. That is all you need to make perfect, clear colloidal silver. With a certain amount of experimentation, you will be able to make your own colloidal silver of a quality equal to all but a very few of the offerings of commercial manufacturers.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    GOLDBRIX and Weatherman like this.
  3. abeland1

GOLDBRIX and Weatherman like this.
  4. Weatherman

Weatherman In GIM since 2006 Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Good video about super bugs. The video after about towels is an eye opener too.

5. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

I put EIS/CS in my wash. For sports gear, underwear, work socks, and clothes heavily sweated on they get an shot glass full as the water is running and before the detergent is added. Nylon type, sweat wicking, compression shirts and sports clothes get another shot of EIS/CS placed in the Fabric Softener cup since most of that clothing DOES NOT recommend fabric softener use.

I don't use as much on towels, wash clothes and linens, BUT I probably will up those to a shot glass too.

"An Ounce of Prevention...."

Weatherman likes this.
  6. abeland1

Cytotoxic Potential of Silver Nanoparticles

Jason, of Silvermedicine.org, directed my attention to the following:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3936614/
    He adds:
    "The only way to make a high quality nano silver product is via the chemistry method. Of course, EIS produced with LVDC doesn't create a high enough concentration of silver nano particles to really be of concern.
    At this point, it looks to me like silver ions are more effective with fungii and bacteria. Non-stabilized silver nanoparticles (like the small amount of particles produced when making EIS) appear to release silver ions into the environment under many conditions.You now have products out there with particulate nano silver in the hundreds of parts per million for sale. These are produced using the same chemistry method, only the method is employed during electrolysis, rather then afterwards.With a properly made product, I believe it is safe to experiment with products with a PPM range of up to 15 PPM. For those who feel the need to throw the kitchen sink at the dreaded "Whatever" mystery illnesses, one could experiment with higher PPM ionic silver solutions/EIS (now that AtlasNova has an effective established process) combined with the higher PPM silver nano particle colloids.
    ~Jason"
    The study looks legitimate to me. It must make the pharmaceutical industry very happy. They may well have encouraged it, for all we know. It had to be funded, after all. Even so, it's real science, and we need to pay attention to it. You don't want something in your bloodstream that it attacks human cells. The study shows that the particles have to be above a certain size, far above the size of an ion, to exhibit this effect. With chemically produced colloidal silver cytotoxicity starts to become evident at 100 PPM, as seen in the microscopic pictures.
    I can only hope that the poster on this thread who twice promoted this technique of what he feels is the only, "real colloidal silver," studies this work, (which is endorsed by his employer), and considers the possible consequences of his actions.

Weatherman likes this.
  7. abeland1

I have been a history buff from the time when I was just a little kid. The single most important factor in the Fortune of different human societies has been the occurrence of plagues. This is a well-done explanation of why the New World was so easily conquered by the old. Worth viewing.
    https://shar.es/1VNowU

8. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

TRUE, But the New World gave the Old World nee the Entire World : SYPHILIS

abeland1 likes this.
  9. abeland1

Yes GB, I guess those llamas are just plain irresistible.
    https://qz.com/580139/thanks-columbus-the-true-story-of-how-syphilis-spread-to-europe/
    These gentle animals were alleged to have difficulty in copulating. Men would assist them in the process, sometimes participating in bestiality, which has been depicted in the water jars (huacos) of the period. Among the Incas, the fear of infection resulting from bestiality was so strong that Peruvian monarchs inflicted harsh punishments upon those who practiced such bestial acts. There was a rule compelling men assisting the mounting to take their wives with them, and assigned the care of female llamas to women only. A man designated to assist the llamas in the mounting, (so-called the man who assist to whelp ), had to be married. In addition, in Peru, an ancient law existed which forbid unmarried men to keep female alpacas at home.The people who contracted huanthi (the local name for llama infection) through sexual relations with the llamas were considered a source of infection and sentenced to death. Despite such strict measures, llama bestiality frequently resulted in genital lesions on men. These were highly contagious.

Just one more example of the truism "you can't fix stupid."

GOLDBRIX likes this.