1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

The Complete Fishing Thread ( Fresh Water / Salt Water )

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing, Boating, HIking, Trapping' started by searcher, Jun 21, 2015.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

False Albacore CRUSHING SP MINNOWS!! Kayak Fishing Martha's Vineyard
    Sea-Money Fishing

Published on Oct 10, 2016
    4:30 Juvenille Amberjack, almaco jack or banded rudderfish?
    6:08 Foul hook an albie 50' down
    12:06 action heats up

Went back to Martha's Vineyard for a week of fishing the Derby with 5 of my friends for the first week of October. Day one was very tough with heavy rain and wind so I did no filming whatsoever, Day 2 we fished from shore all day and it was brutally slow, I did get one Albie and saw only a couple others caught all day but it was a very long day with no real action to film.

I was using my shimano sustain 4000fe for the first 2 days and sadly the reel started malfunctioning, the anti-reverse slipped every time I hooked up and now the reel is history. Luckily my buddy Bill had a spare clash 4000 which I bought off him and has performed very well.

This is footage from Monday, our 3rd day there, and the weather was very nice allowing us to get out into Vineyard Sound and fish Dogfish Bar in our Kayaks. Dogfish Bar is a well known spot where a large sand bar exists and drops off into 50'+ of water. The morning was very slow with few if any albies seen, paddled past a bouy and found a large school of Blue Runners and another type of jack that im not 100% on ID. I cut out a bunch of the action as the bell on that bouy had annoying ring to it, but it was mostly just lots of blue runners and seabass. We made our way further out until we got to Dogfish bar with little to no action. It started off slow and I ended up dropping an epoxy jig down to the bottom to mess around with scup and seabass when I hit my first Albie (on the bottom in 55' of water), which ended up being foul hooked in the belly, an awesome surprise. After that I ended up blind casting an SP minnow along the ledge and found 5 more albies and a bluefish. Eventually the action slowed to a halt and we called it a day.

Stay tuned for the rest of the weeks footage.

Rod: Pompano Bay 7' (http://www.pompanobayrods.com)
    Reel: Penn Clash 4000
    Braid: 20lb Sufix 832
    Lures: Hogy Epoxy jigs and SP Minnows
    Leader: 20lb Seaguar Fluoro

2. searcher

Flathead Hunting With Sea-Money Fishing (Philadelphia, PA)
    Extreme Philly Fishing

Published on Oct 12, 2016

Check out Chris' YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrCmcintee

September 20th, 2016 -- Sorry for this late update, fellas! The Tim Galati videos here on the Channel took a toll; thus, I was only able to publish this one today. :)

In this video, good old Chris McIntee -- host of the Sea-Money Fishing Channel on YouTube -- and I go for some good old Flathead Catfish (Pylodictis olivaris) on the Schuylkill River. Truth be told -- conditions were not that great! The River was low and the current was slow! However, we decided to give it a shot regardless...

3. searcher

Lake Ida Florida Bass Fishing for Peacocks and Largemouths
    Darcizzle Offshore

Florida fishing girl Darcizzle hits Lake Ida in Delray Beach / Palm Beach County for largemouth bass and peacock bass. Peacock and largemouth bass inside! Ultimate Fishing Addict wins the "3 Lure Giveaway."

4. searcher

The Bite Was on Fire but I Suck, Fishing Marthas Vineyard 10/4/16 Albies/Stripers/Bluefish
    Sea-Money Fishing

Fished a few different spots this day and had some action, the wind blew 20-25mph out of the NE, Air Temps in the low 60's, we had a good Albie bite in the morning although I could only manage one small one on the SP minnow while my friends crushed them on epoxies. The clips of kenny, bill, melissa and romo hooking/fighting fish were all separate instances, I did a poor job of filming them as I was trying to catch my own fish. The fish came through in schools and it was either we were all not catching, or 2-3 would be hooked up at a time. I did put on an epoxy for awhile but still couldnt hook up. After that morning bite we didnt find any more action until dusk when we found some small stripers at the tip of a tiny inlet jetty. This was our best day of fishing and after this we returned to this spot a couple more times only to find it barren of life, fishing in marthas vineyard has been very slow this fall and we were lucky to stumble into a good bite this day. Im pretty sure this was the last day my shore-bound friends caught fish, somehow everything disappeared after this. I fished in the kayak for the remainder of the week and found enough action to make it interesting, more on that to come.

Rod: Pompano Bay 7' custom (http://www.pompanobayrods.com)
    Reel: Penn Clash 4000
    Line: Sufix 832

5. searcher

October 13, 2016 New Jersey/Delaware Bay Fishing Report with Jim Hutchinson, Jr.
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Oct 13, 2016
    The Big Jamaica reported that yellowfin arrived at the Hudson late last week; as of Thursday morning, October 13th, 3- to 6-foot seas today give way to 4 to 7’s on Friday and now expected to fall to 3- to 6-foot seas on Saturday and Sunday, definitely improved conditions over the early week forecast.

On the striper front, reports of the first “good” fish have begun to trickle in from along the New Jersey coast, with a 28-pounder plugged up in the past week, a 42-incher taken on the troll, and an “underground” report of a 39.7-pound striper caught by one surfcaster under cover of dark somewhere in the northern part of the state.

While yet another E/NE push is expected to hit the coast through the weekend, surfcasters out front are waiting for the big push of striped bass armed. Dead stickers are going with clam, mullet and bunker, while pluggers look to darters, bucktails and poppers.

From the canal rocks in Central Jersey, down along the T-Jetty in A.C. and sod banks of South Jersey, the inshore tautog action has been on fire. While just a one-fish limit until November 16 in New Jersey, the action has been amazing and has produced a few big sheepshead along the way.

Meanwhile, the Delaware limit of five tautog has folks hitting the Outer Wall for whitechins, where in addition to sheepshead a good triggerfish was reported back to Lewes Harbour earlier this week.

Get the full weekly report for the NJ/DE region at http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm...

6. searcher

October 13, 2016 Long Island Metro Fishing Report with Fred Golofaro
    The Fisherman Magazine

Blackfishing continues to build with good reports coming from all around the Island this week. Some areas are seeing big numbers but the vast majority of tog are falling short of the 16-inch size limit.

Those monster bluefish that have made headlines the past two seasons are back. Boats out of Captree and Sheepshead Bay each reported loads of blues over 12 pounds with pool fish hitting the 20-pound mark. The fall striper run continues to gain momentum, with some big bass showing up along the South Shore this week.

The Laura Lee had fares scoring fish to 46 pounds on live eels during a night trip early in the week. Last fall’s unprecedented run of stripers deep into Great South Bay and along the mainland shore is happening again with many schools of fish and birds working over them spread from Heckscher to Bellport.

On the calendar for this weekend are the South Shore Surf Fishing Classic and the Hempstead Lake Family Fishing Festival.

7. searcher

October 13, 2016 New England Fishing Report with Toby Lapinski
    The Fisherman Magazine

This week’s video is all about blackfish, tautog, whitechinners and bulldogs. With the season now open in Connecticut waters as of Monday, and New York as of last week, you can pretty much target them across the northeast and they are biting!

Connecticut
    • As I just noted, blackfish season opened on Monday and there are already some very good reports coming in across the state. And while a lot of guys claim the waters are too warm still, you better not tell shore-bound angler Matt Creamer as he bagged his limit on opening day in short order and topped the catch off with a nice 11.6-pound fish! I heard of a bunch of other fishermen limiting out from shore and both boat and kayak anglers are already getting in on the feed.

Rhode Island
    • The boats getting out for cod are still doing well, but interest is quickly growing for blackfish. The inshore waters off South County as well as over by Newport are producing some good fish with several up to about 10 pounds reported this week.

Massachusetts
    • And continuing on up into Massachusetts, blackfishing in Buzzards Bay has been very good. Capt Jason Colby of Little Sister Charters has been doing quite well right outside the Westport River and a few other captains I spoke to in that area have also reported very good catches.

8. searcher

Girl's Best TOP 5 Monster Big Snook Fishing Video
    Darcizzle Offshore

Florida fishing girl Darcizzle shows off her TOP FIVE (5) biggest best inshore saltwater Florida snook in this compilation video. Check out BIG inshore saltwater snook fish all caught by female angler Darcie.

TAEZZAR likes this.
  9. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

Well weather has been crappy for a month, so we ventured out in the fog, 3 boats, because the ocean conditions were super good (calm before the storm). Look hard, you will see the other 2 boats.
    We were on radar all day long. As you can see, it was a great ocean. Were 7 miles off shore & 12 miles south of the Coos Bay bar. We caught some nice ling cod & pulled our crab pots that had large nice Dungeness crabs.
    The next day, yesterday, the weather started getting damned nasty, so we packed up & came home early.
    Our June to October time at the coast was great, despite the crappy weather.

CAMP WEATHER 13 OCT.jpg foggy...jpg

coopersmith, michael59 and searcher like this.
  10. searcher

Fishing in Florida after HURRICANE Matthew!!!
    1Rod1ReelFishing

Published on Oct 14, 2016
    Fishing after a hurricane... DEFINITELY an interesting experience! The initial plan was to fish the surf during the annual mullet migration. The action is typically non-stop during this time of the year, with jacks and bluefish smashing your baits every cast and a chance to catch tarpon, snook, and other awesome species. However, the aftereffects of Hurricane Matthew shocked the ecosystem, and the conditions we faced were tricky to say the least...

Check out these channels!
    BlacktipH - http://bit.ly/1ozOYBP
    Scott Martin - http://bit.ly/2dCBQHF

11. searcher

Florida Girl Palm Beach Bass Fishing with Artificial & Soft Plastic Bait
    Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Oct 15, 2016
    Florida fishing girl Darcizzle goes largemouth & peacock bass fishing with topwater lures and soft plastics. Lake Ida bass lake is located in Delray Beach, Palm Beach County.

12. searcher

Girlfriend & Boyfriend Shore & Pond Florida Bass Fishing How To
    Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Oct 16, 2016
    Florida bass fishing girl Darizzle fishes boyfriend & girlfriend style the local shore and ponds for largemouth and peacock bass in this gopro video. Best how to tips & techniques included.

13. searcher

Surprise Striper Blitz in the new hot spot.
    FishAholic Fishing

Alright guys so not my best video obviously and I was caught completely off guard on this windy day when I took a ride to the inlet and hell broke loose at Montauk Inlet. Usually in the fall most action occurs under the light or on the south side but not on this day. I was thinking about not even posting the video because the quality was just really poor with the rough conditions and countless amount of small fish, but I figured the FishAholic's probably would like it anyways because its fishing.

14. searcher

Rhode Island Striper Snooping 10/9/16
    Sea-Money Fishing

IG @ mcinteechris

Left Martha's Vineyard a little earlier than I expected Sunday morning due to the slow fishing out there, decided to fish some spots along the way that I had never seen or been to, the weather was nasty with rain and North winds blowing 25-35mph thanks to a cold front and hurricane way to the south. Rhode Island is famous for its rocky shorelines and good saltwater fishing, I found fish at both spots I stopped at but didn't get into the size fish I was hoping for.

I arrived at the 2nd spot to nothing going on but after about 20 minutes a big gaggle of birds came into the surf with Stripers and Bluefish blitzing on Peanut Bunker. It only lasted for about 20 minutes but I was able to get into some fish in the couple hours I fished at each spot. Got back on the road around 5pm and was back in Philly by 11pm. Overall, stopping to fish along the way home was a good call, Rhode Island is amazing!

Rod: Shimano Tiralejo 9'6 1-3oz
    Reel: Penn Clash 5000
    Lure that worked: SP minnow
    30lb sufix 832 and 30lb ande mono leader.

Still some vids from the vineyard to come but theyre repetitive and trying to edit them was a drag while this video was much more interesting, thanks for watching!

15. searcher

Kayak False Albacore Run and Gun
    Romo7493

Published on Oct 16, 2016
    This was the hot action from a day of chasing albies in our kayaks on Martha's Vineyard in early October. The fish weren't staying up until finally I had a blitz all to myself and landed my first yak albie in 2 years at 24"

16. searcher

Fishing for Clowns in Florida - ft. 1Rod1ReelFishing & Scott Martin
    BlacktipH

Published on Oct 18, 2016
    In this episode, Josh goes fishing for Clown Knife Fish, Peacock Bass and Largemouth Bass with Mike from 1Rod1ReelFishing, Scott Martin, and South Florida Bass Charters. The day started off with us fishing both lures and live bait. Mike was the first angler to catch a fish. Scott Martin caught two huge largemouth bass. Josh's fishing rod got a great bite and both Scott and Josh ran for it. Scott prevailed and took the fish for himself. It turned out to be one of the elusive clown knife fish!

► Book a fishing trip with Capt. Bill Lepree → http://bit.ly/south-florida-bass-char...

► Subscribe to Scott Martin → http://bit.ly/subscribe-srm

► Subscribe to 1Rod1ReelFishing → http://bit.ly/1rod1reel-subscribe

17. searcher

Canoe Fishing: 100 Miles thru the Adirondacks - Part 1
    Robert Field

Join me, Rex Del Rey, Ben Duchesney and Mark Vlaskamp as we journey 100 miles through the Northern Forest Canoe Trail in upstate New York. We'll face grueling portages, icy rapids, beaver dams and snow storms while catching big fish along the way.

In Part 1, spirits are high as we set off on our journey. With sunny skies, calm winds and hungry fish, the crew begins to think this trip might not be as difficult as we thought. We get a rude awakening on day two as the challenges of the canoe trail begin to reveal themselves.

Watch to the end for a sneak peek at Part 2, which will air one week after this episode.

Thanks to our friends for their support, without which this expedition would not have been possible:

Old Town Canoes (http://www.oldtowncanoe.com)

NRS (http://www.nrs.com)

Railblaza (http://www.railblaza.com)

Yak Gear (http://www.yak-gear.com)

ActionHat (http://www.actionhat.com)

Postfly (http://www.postflybox.com)

Kayak Angler Magazine (http://www.kayakanglermag.com)

coopersmith likes this.
  18. searcher

I Beat ALL the Boys AGAIN...Marathon Florida Offshore Fishing!
    Darcizzle Offshore

Florida offshore fishing VLOG girl Darcizzle fishes offshore Marathon Keys for snapper, yellowtail, and beats outfishes all the boys / guys / men on the boat.

19. searcher

Eurotackle Micro-Finesse Fishing Marathon: DAY 1 (Buck Creek & Delaware Canal)
    Extreme Philly Fishing

Published on Oct 17, 2016

October 6th, 2016 -- This video is the beginning of my "Eurotackle Micro-Finesse" Fishing Marathon, where I go all around collecting different Species of fish on the Micro-Finesse soft plastic collection. :)

If you are interested in buying them:
    http://bit.ly/2dw9lh6
    P.s. Use promo-code "extremephillyfishing" during checkout for 10% off your entire order!

For the first day, I decided to hit the Buck Creek and Delaware Canal in Yardley! Surprisingly, I did exceptionally well with the Anisoptera, Fat Assassin, and Trifecta!

How many Species of fish do YOU think I will collect in a total of 3 days of fishing?! Make sure to vote in the poll above! Voice your opinion. :)

20. searcher

Tiny Tautog.
    FishAholic Fishing

Published on Oct 17, 2016
    Ok guys well in this video I try to make the most of my day off from work. I hit the surf looking for stripers but get skunked so then i decide to hit the inlet to try and catch my first Tautog of the season and maybe some dinner. I catch some fish to avoid a skunk but pizza is for dinner.

Tackle and Gear
    Rod, 7'6" Medium Fast St.Croix Mojo Inshore Spin Rod, Click this Link http://bit.ly/2eqbmOp
    and use promo code FISHAHOLIC for 20%OFF
    Reel, Penn Battle 2500 Spinning Reel
    Line, 20lb Green Moss Power Pro Braid
    Leader/Rig, Dropper Loop Rig with 15lb Seaguar Fluorocarbon

Click this link http://bit.ly/2e8a7Ps to check out Awesome Fishing tackle and use Code "FISHAHOLIC" for 20%OFF

Follow me on other social media for up to date posts and reports
    IG, http://bit.ly/instagramfishaholicfishing
    Facebook, http://bit.ly/facebookfishaholicfishing

Camera, Gopro Hero3+, and Hero4 black 1080p60fps
    Editing Software, Adobe Premier Pro CC 2015
    Tripod, Joby Tripod

Thanks and never forget live to fish fish to live. I hope this video gets you out on the water.

21. searcher

October 20, 2016 New Jersey/Delaware Bay Fishing Report with Jim Hutchinson, Jr.
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Oct 21, 2016
    This Saturday, October 22, black sea bass season reopens with 15 fish and a 13-inch size limit in New Jersey, and a 15 fish bag limit and 12-1/2-inch size limit in Delaware. By all recent accounts, big humpbacks are big and plentiful along the local wrecks, with anglers and captains alike chomping at the bit to get back on the grounds.

If you’re hitting the party boats first thing Saturday morning, consider calling ahead or checking websites first on Friday – winds are expected to build out of the W/NW Friday into Saturday, with gusts up to 30 knots expected Saturday and 4- to 6-foot seas; for those boats that are sailing Saturday morning for the wrecks, you’ll want to get there early to secure a spot along the rail!

The W/NW winds expected from Friday night throughout the weekend could really get the bait on the move; there’s still plenty of plenty bunker in area canals and lagoons, with the first waves of big striped bass having just arrived. Solid jig action under birds and breaking to start the week up on the Raritan, while in this week’s video forecast we have solid fish in the 40- and upper 40-pound range in the North/Central range being taken on the troll. Beach bite comes alive on LBI with a body of arriving fish now on the move south, with one 50-incher also reported off Cape May Beach.

Single tog sedge and jetty action remains hot in Jersey, while Delaware anglers continue to enjoy a five fish bag at the Outer Wall. For a rundown of this week's reports for NJ/DE region go to
    http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm...

22. searcher

October 20, 2016 Long Island Metro Fishing Report with Fred Golofaro
    The Fisherman Magazine

Lots of good fishing going on around the Island this week, and if you can find your way out of the wind this weekend you should have no trouble keeping rods bent. Lots of blackfish being caught all around the Island although in many areas shorts far outnumber keepers. The tog are still favoring shallow water, providing shore based anglers with good action as well. One of the biggest tog of the season, a 16.20 pounder, was landed by Joe Mole on the AB Reef Sunday.

Fishing for sea bass and porgies remains strong and will get even better as anglers can once again target sea bass in federal waters (outside 3 miles) beginning Saturday. Look for this fishing to remain strong through November and into December.

Big stripers are another option if you are willing to seek out the bunker schools along the South Shore. Snag and dropping live bunker and trolling bunker spoons have produced some quality stripers this week From Moriches to New York Bight. Most of the inlets are also producing bass into the 20-pound class. Great South Bay is loaded with schoolies and some quality fish are scattered among the smaller fish.

Twenty-pound blues continue to show up in reports. Blues to 20 pounds were caught every day this week aboard the Captree Pride, topped by a 23 pounder. Big blues are also coming from NY Bight and western Long Island Sound.

It might be tough getting to them this weekend, but there has been a pretty good tuna bite in the canyons for chunkers. Unfortunately there is a lot of wind in the weekend forecast and good weather windows are going to be tougher to find the rest of the season.

On tap this weekend is the Viking Inn Striped Bass Tournament on Saturday, as well as the Kismet Inn Striper Contest. For surfcasters, the Jones Beach Surf Fishing Spectacular is being hosted by Jones Beach Fishing Station Friday through Sunday with prizes for stripers, blues and blackfish.

For full week's report for Long Island and Metro New York region, go to http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm...

23. searcher

October 20, 2016 New England Fishing Report with Toby Lapinski
    The Fisherman Magazine

Much to the delight of the boats heading off Block for cod, black sea bass season reopens this Saturday in Federal waters. Word is that while the cod action has been a tad slower the last week or so, the throwback of sea bass that will once again be fair game come Saturday has been high.

Connecticut
    • There are still some false albacore being landed in the Sound but they are not really any one spot more than the next. The schools are rather spread out and the fish are spooky so you’ll need to pull out all the stops to come tight. One tip that a few anglers have been employing while blackfishing is to have a rod rigged and ready for when that school of albies pops up.

Rhode Island
    • Cod fishing took a slight step back the last week or so, but there are still some good numbers of fish being landed out east of Block. The Frances Fleet reports seeing an influx of sea herring moving into the grounds so this should fuel a surge in action the next few weeks; let’s just hope the weather cooperates. And as I noted earlier, sea bass opens back up in Federal waters this weekends so it adds to the mixed-bag options to be had.

Massachusetts
    • The best bet up in Massachusetts would either be to hit the Canal and hope to intercept a school of big bass moving on down from the north shore, or to head out on a boat in Buzzards Bay and get in on the awesome blackfishing taking place right now. My friend Capt Mel True has been slamming the tog in these waters lately and doing some serious damage on Johnny Jigs.

24. searcher

Deep Sea Fishing In Seward Alaska ~ My First Big Halibut!
    Chris & G Travels

I have been trying to get a nice sized halibut since my first year in Alaska. However, year after year new regulations have hampered that. For example, now you are only allowed one "big" halibut. I am not one to be greedy so when I pull up a 30 pound fish I am not one to throw it back and try and get bigger. So, armed with some sockeye salmon bits, I try for my first large halibut!

25. searcher

My first KISS in a Youtube Video!
    Darcizzle Offshore

Florida fishing girl Darcizzle gives her first kiss on camera and video in this daily vlog vlogger video. Participating in the Rocky Barra Bounty is hard work, check out the pre-fishing action in this video

26. searcher

VLOG #249- Kayaks and Guns
    Yak Motley

In this VLOG, I go over my thoughts on squirrel hunting from kayaks. I talked about braided fishing line vs Monofilament and how I broke my last fishing rod.

Check out my website, gear and Apparel at : http://yakmotley.com
    Follow me on Facebook at: Yak Motley Instagram at : YakMotley SnapChat: jlm232310 Twitter: JackMotleyLive

27. searcher

Full Moon Night Bass.
    FishAholic Fishing

10/14/2016 Wasn't even going to go fishing but I made the mistake or right move either or depending on how you look at it to take a look at the water before bed and man was it perfect. Calm water, on a clear full moon night, conditions were right so I skipped bed and went for bass.

28. searcher

Fishing With CRABS - SICK Tautog Jigging a Limit to 6lbs
    EliasVFishing

Asian Crabs on Jigheads. October staple is the mighty blackfish! You'll see me giving the crab shells a quick pinch before loading em up with crab and sending them to the bottom, this gets the juices going.

Bounced 1 oz banana head jigs in some rocks and before you know it a limit came together.

Used a 6'6" rod by chunkzcustoms and the reel is a KastKing Orcas II with 30lb KastKing braid and a 50lb mono leader.

Sub, like, comment!

Audio track:

Feels Good 2 B by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/...)
    Artist: http://audionautix.com/

29. searcher

The Fish Whisperer
    SaltyKayak

Published on Oct 22, 2016
    It was perfect low tide for cast netting bait easily and I loaded up on small finger mullet quickly.
    Winds were strong as I eased the boat out towards the inlet and after awhile of sizing up the wave action, I cruised on out to the jetty tip. Initially, I was striking out and had moved 3 times before finally hooking into a small Snooke but persistence paid off when I moved to the rougher North side of the jetty.

30. searcher

Darcie Inshore Saltwater Fishing the Barra Bounty Online
    Darcizzle Offshore

Florida's favorite inshore saltwater fishing girl Darcie aka Darcizzle competes in the Australian online tournament, the Rocky Barra Bounty

31. searcher

Kayak Fishing New York City's Abandon Islands for Tautog
    Sea-Money Fishing

Go Subscribe to Elias! https://www.youtube.com/user/eliasvai...

Got an invite from EliasV to go for some Tautog on his home waters of NYC. Fished the late morning full moon tides and found some decent tog, we used asian crabs on 1/2-1oz jigheads on light tackle, caught plenty of short fish but also a few in the 5-6lb range. Tog Regs in NY are currently 4 fish at 16" and I forgot a tape measure so only kept the ones that were clearly over 16", keeping my limit, with some help from Elias. Asian crabs were the bait of choice.

Rod: Pompano Bay 7' custom (http://www.pompanobayrods.com
    Reel: Penn Clash 4000 (because my sustain crapped out a couple weeks ago)
    Kayak: Hobie Revo 13
    20lb sufix 832, 20lb Fluro leader, 1/2oz kalin jighead (not the best tog jig my friends, just what I had on me at the time)

32. searcher

Shore Jetty Fishing For Blackfish - Tog, NJ - October
    Johnny Bui Fishing

TARGETED SPECIES: BLACKFISH(TAUTOG)

Had a few hours to kill with one of the Asian Squad Members, Khoa from That Asian Angler. We got out there to fish in the afternoon. Unfortunately, we arrived a bit late to my liking and the tide dropped a lot. In the first 15 minutes, we were catching barely legal, keeper sized Blackfish (That we released). We then hit a lull in the action as we were getting tons of small hits and bites. I ended up not recording the last hour of fishing and that's when we caught some bigger ones in the 16 inch range. We each ended up with a keeper fish in the 16 inch range. Luckily, we had 4 crabs left over and we decided to fish them all for the hell of it and caught a few shorts thereafter. Overall, me and Khoa had over 25 fish in the span of 3 hours and 5 of them were "KEEPER SIZED"

CURRENTLY, the regulations for NJ is 1 fish @ 15 inches or greater. Even though the bag limit is low, the action is HOT!! Hopefully, the action continues on the jetties when the bag limit increases in mid November.

TODAY, I CHALLENGED MYSELF to do some Semi-Light Tackle Fishing. Overall, it was difficult because I was foreign to using a lighter rod and a bait casting reel.

Was it the best fishing? NO
    Was it the easiest fishing? NO
    Was it more fun? YESSS with 3 "S"s

Most likely gonna get comments saying "get a stiffer rod" or some sort, but I gotta tell you, I had probably the best time fighting these fish on that type of setup. Would I use it again? No, but it's a challenge that I was satisfied putting myself against. There were a few flaws and difficulties I had so I am not bringing this setup anytime soon. It was fun though nonetheless.

ROD/REEL SETUP:
    7' UGLY STIK Casting Rod Medium Action/
    PENN SQUALL 12 w/ 40lb Trilene BIG GAME MONOFILAMENT

SUBSCRIBE TO THAT ASIAN ANGLER:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzeK...

FACEBOOK:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Johnny...

33. searcher

45 Minute TROUT Fishing Challenge!!!
    1Rod1ReelFishing

A super fast trout fishing challenge! Originally LunkersTV and I were going to sleep in, eat some breakfast, then I was to drop him off at the airport by noon so he could catch his flight back to Texas. Well, we changed our minds when we woke up a bit earlier than anticipated... So, we skipped breakfast, grabbed a couple rods, and drove out to a local river to see if any trout were around and biting!

THESE PINK WORMS ARE MONEY!!! http://amzn.to/2eTvQzh

Follow LunkersTV! http://bit.ly/1TI7KiP

Look out for another trout fishing video tomorrow! I take my sister, mom, and my sister's dog out and attempt to get each of them on some rainbows (minus the dog :p)

34. searcher

Live Bait & How To Tips Inshore Fishing the Barra Bounty Online
    Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Oct 23, 2016
    Florida fishing girl Darcizzle Offshore fishes the Rocky Barra Bounty online tournament in this VLOG video shot inshore saltwater fishing in Palm Beach, Florida. Live bait mullet, snook, jacks and more. Video incl. tips and how to inshore fish.

35. pitw

pitw Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Custom pesticide applicator.
    Never got fishing in September this year and fall has always been my time but a screwed up year can do that. Asked my boy Don if he had a buddy who wanted to waste a day chasing whitefish at near freezing temps. Answer was yes so Yesterday morning we left home with the boat at 6am and got to boat launch by 10am. Lake was still foggy as [L] but we took our time to get to the next lake which was a challenge as the water was down at least three feet. Fog burnt off and we made our way to the end of the second lake where we tried for the fish. The lads were getting a mite upset as I pulled in a fish on near every cast and I told them to pay attention. After I had caught enough for me I gave them my rod and took each of theirs to look at. One was brand new and had twine on it for sturgeon or something the other had old twine that curled up like a pubic hair. The lads caught a bunch of fish each before they decided they had enough and home we came. I had took the camera with to take pics but me lad had taken the card out for homework so no pics of the trip.

The fish put in a pail at home to be cleaned.
    [​IMG]

The lads lined them up for a pic.
    [​IMG]

Then after doing this part[which both lads got to do a third each as I believe they either learn to clean their catch or not go] we were done by 10pm.
    [​IMG]

She were a great day and both lads said we should do it again if I will help them choose some line. Fun part was no gaming other than betting on which animal we would see next. I'll take a day like this over most any other as we was the only ones out enjoying the fall weather. I suppose most think fish hibernate or something.

searcher likes this.
  36. searcher

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

37. searcher

Surf Fishing 101 Episode # 17 , Sebile lures with Patrick Sebile & Dave Anderson
    SurfcastersJournal

Published on Oct 24, 2016
    Legendary angler and lure designer Patrick Sebile talks to SJ Zeno Hromin about his lures and SJ managing Editor Dave Anderson ads his thoughts on these very productive lures

38. searcher

Epic Boat Fail Costs $12,000!
    Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Oct 25, 2016
    Florida fishing boating epic fail costs Darcizzle Offshore a ton of money to fix. In this VLOG video we get the boat back, work in the new powerhead and do a little fishing.

39. searcher

VLOG #250- I VOTED!
    Yak Motley

In this VLOG, Sam and I went camping and did a little lazy fishing. We had great relaxing weekend tent camping. We discussed making baked Pumpkin seeds and carving pumpkins for Halloween!

40. searcher

I FINALLY Completed a Panfish MTB Slam! (New Britain, PA)
    Extreme Philly Fishing

I would like to thank Mystery Tackle Box for sponsoring this video!

October 19th, 2016 -- I went to the Pine Run Creek and Pine Run Reservoir for my October Panfish Mystery Tackle Box Slam! I was very pleased with the contents of the box, not to mention that I was FINALLY able to do a proper slam that day. Haha. Hope you enjoy this one!

In this video:
    Unboxing: 1:20
    Slam: 8:30