1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

The Complete Fishing Thread ( Fresh Water / Salt Water )

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing, Boating, HIking, Trapping' started by searcher, Jun 21, 2015.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

I FORGOT MY BAIT in the FRIDGE! Ugh! Saltwater Micro Fishing Improvisation! (Mt. Pleasant, SC)
    Extreme Philly Fishing

Published on May 17, 2017
    READ the description for MORE DETAILS (including gear used)! UPLOADS EVERY 2 DAYS!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Want to send me some stuff? Or keep in touch? My Address:
    Extreme Philly Fishing, P.O. BOX 7019, Philadelphia, PA, USA, 19149

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    May 5th, 2017 -- For my 52nd outing of 2017, and my third day down in Charleston, SC, I decided to explore this little fishing spot that locals know as "Pickett Bridge." Sadly, nothing really worked out for me that day! To begin with, I forgot my pack of shrimp in the fridge (sigh). Secondly, I also didn't have the appropriate fishing tools for a productive fishing session (i.e. scissors, pliers, etc). In the end, we really had to improvise!!!

Well...live and learn, right, folks? At least I am proud to say that I was able to catch some fish that day, even though they were all small and cute. :)

2. searcher

Shimano Stella or Daiwa Saltiga vs Van Staal and Everything Else
    MorningTide Fishing

Published on May 19, 2017
    Should you get a Shimano Stella, Daiwa Saltiga or maybe a Van Staal? We try to explain why we use Saltiga's and Stella's.

3. searcher

Caught a NICE FISH from a TINY POND (New Species)! Ft. Menderson11 (Mt. Pleasant, SC)
    Extreme Philly Fishing

4. searcher

Target species ACHIEVED!!
    TAFishing

Graeme takes a trip to deepest Devon, setting himself the challenge of catching a colourful Koi Carp for TAFishing. If you are keen to get fishing tips, check this one out. It was filmed at Angler's Paradise and be sure to wear your sunglasses...some of these fish are quite striking!!

► Download our Free Digital Fishing Magazine: http://www.awesomeangler.co.uk

► Become a Patron for monthly Q&A and Behind the Scenes: https://www.patreon.com/totallyawesom...

► Check out the Salt Life YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/saltlife

5. searcher

Underwater Archer: The Bahamas | Salt Life
    Salt Life

Published on May 16, 2017
    Ryder DeVoe is the Underwater Archer! He is a waterman who can do it all, especially spearfishing! Check out his skills in this video!

For the best apparel for living the salt life, visit ►► http://bit.ly/1Nld8VH

Check back for new content every Tuesday and every other Thursday!

Learn more about Salt Life: http://bit.ly/1RjFvd1

6. searcher

What was the Screamer
    SaltyKayak

Published on May 17, 2017
    With winds predicted to be picking up for the rest of the week, and Big John having kids in town, I headed out solo today. Went to an offshore natural area where I know some keeper sized Vermilion Snapper were in hopes of putting a few in the cooler. While there, I had a couple Sardines floating out back and hooked into a 'screamer' that nearly spooled me before biting thru the line. Any guesses as to the possible ID?

7. searcher

Catch and Cook : King Mackerel Ceviche
    Yak Motley

Published on May 16, 2017
    In this Catch and Cook video we made King Mackerel Ceviche. I launched off Pensacola Beach, Florida in search of something weird to catch and cook. I ran into a nice King Mackerel from my Kayak. Samantha made a pineapple salsa to mix with the Mackerel meat. This was a really great Ceviche recipe.

8. searcher

Yak Motley Interview
    Greg Ammon

Published on May 15, 2017
    Today I sat down at the office and had a discussion with Jack about how we got involved in the kayak fishing world.

9. searcher

The LARGEST Fish of My Life! RIDICULOUS Kayak Fishing For MONSTER Black Drum!!
    EliasVFishing

Published on May 18, 2017
    Dang. These fish are insane. I never tangled with anything like this in my life and probably landed over 150lbs of fish with just three fish to the kayak. Set out with Romo, Sea-Money, and Mike. We skunked day 1 trying our own thing and joined the fleet day 2.

Step 1: Anchor up
    Step 2: Chum some nasty clam
    Step 3: Thread as many clams as you can on your hook
    Step 4: SET THE HOOK UNCLIP ANCHOR AND RIDDEEEE!

Seriously it's insane. At the end of the day Mike got a small one we tried for a catch and cook which you'll see next Monday.

Awesome time and great friends thanks again guys.

Here is info you probably like -
    Reel - Daiwa Saltist 20H Find yourself a used one. New Daiwa Saltists are garbage vs the old ones.
    Rod - Daiwa Saltist Jigging Rod MH Power - http://amzn.to/2rotaM0
    Braided line - Suffix 80lb - http://amzn.to/2qpHgyq
    10/0 Gamakatsu Octopus Hooks - http://amzn.to/2qq3MHY
    My Kokatat Dry Pants - http://amzn.to/2qtHlzk
    EliasVFishing Neck Buff - http://amzn.to/2pUg4ED

Track Free Music Archive Cosmic Analog Ensemble - http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Cos...

10. searcher

WE WON! 1st Place Lady Angler Florida Keys Offshore Mahi Fishing Tournament!
    Darcizzle Offshore

Published on May 20, 2017
    Florida Keys offshore saltwater fishing for mahi mahi/ dolphin fish in a tournament puts Darcizzle in First Place & in the money! Check out this deep sea trolling gopro video for all the action.

11. searcher

Catch and Cook : Smoked King Mackerel Recipe!
    Yak Motley

Published on May 22, 2017
    In this catch and cook video, we made Smoked King Mackerel. We put together a recipe from Apples, Celery, Onions, Ginger and a few other ingredients. I caught an awesome King Mackerel from my Hobie Quest 13 kayak. I filleted the fish up and threw it in freezer until it was time to smoke the fish. This was a great kayak fishing adventure.

Follow me at:
    Instagram: YakMotley
    Facebook: YakMotley

12. searcher

WIN A FISHING TRIP! 50 Million Views "Fish with Darcizzle Giveaway" & Contest Video
    Darcizzle Offshore

Published on May 23, 2017
    Win an inshore, bass or offshore fishing trip and make a video with Darcizzle. Enter the giveaway to win!

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ►FISH WITH DARCIZZLE GIVEAWAY ◄▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Link to Enter►► http://bit.ly/Fish-with-Darcizzle
    RULES:
    You must first subscribe to enter.
    Winner can bring a friend who also must subscribe and agree to appear on video and images.
    Fishing trip will be bassfishing, inshore saltwater or offshore weather dependent in our complete discretion.
    The actual fishing trip is free, but you need to get yourself to the boat and feed yourself on your dime.
    Contest entry closes at 11:59 pm, Thursday, 5/25/17.
    Contest winner to be announced during our LIVE stream broadcast on Youtube starting at 8pm Wednesday, 5/31/17.
    If you are the winner, you MUST respond to our email to you by June 15, 2017 at 11:59pm. Otherwise, your entry and win will be forfeited.
    Winners unable to attend the actual fishing trip will receive a gift basket of fishing stuff and Darcizzle merchandise.⇊ CLICK BELOW FOR MORE INFO & LINKS! ⇊

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SUBSCRIBE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Click Here to Subscribe! ► http://bit.ly/Darcizzle-Subscribe

13. searcher

Darcie Goes Florida Freshwater Largemouth & Peacock Bass Fishing on Lake Ida with Live Bait & Lures
    Darcizzle Offshore

Published on May 25, 2017
    Florida largemouth and peacock freshwater bass fishing in Lake Ida, Delray Beach using artificial lures and live shiners.

14. searcher

May 25, 2017 New Jersey/Delaware Bay Fishing Report with Jim Hutchinson, Jr.
    The Fisherman Magazine

With the three-day weekend ahead marking the unofficial start of another summer and an influx of shore visitors, we’re also seen a heavy influx of heavy striped bass. While many folks will be turning to back bay and inshore fluke on a rainy start of New Jersey’s summer flounder season on Thursday, May 25 (yes, it’s officially underway folks, just as we said in our Monday news bulletin), trolling Majas, plugs and mojos will also score big stripers from Long Beach north to Long Branch. Livelining bunker is also taking a fair share of monsters.

For surfcasters, plugs have taken a few good fish in recent days, but bunker chunks lead the way with the largest surf-caught striper of the 2017 season thus far, a 57.4-pounder on LBI earlier this week; another near ‘50’ comes by way of Brigantine Jetty as well. The Cape May County tiderunner weakfish run is well underway, while on both sides of Delaware Bay black drum are keeping heavy rods bent.

Boats from Indian River and Lewes on the Delaware side have been on the black sea bass for weeks, while New Jersey officially reopens as of Friday the 26th with a 10-fish bag and 12-1/2-inch size limit. As you’re enjoying the fishing time with family and friends, be sure to take time this Memorial Day weekend to remember those who gave everything in defense of a proud nation!

15. searcher

May 25, 2017 Long Island Metro Fishing Report with Fred Golofaro
    The Fisherman Magazine

The long holiday weekend should provide plenty of opportunities with a variety of inshore species. Striper fishing heated up this week with the arrival of some big fish on the scene. A 55 pounder fell to a live bunker outside Fire Island and 48 pounder fell to a surfcaster in Montauk.

Fluke season is off to a good start in many areas and bluefish remain abundant to the point of interfering with those targeting other species. Porgy fishing remains hot on the East End and in the western Sound.

16. searcher

May 25, 2017 New England Fishing Report with Toby Lapinski
    The Fisherman Magazine

Fresh or salt, we’re looking for the very best photos to share with readers in our Youth Angler Showcase, a new editorial gallery presented by The Fisherman and Steiger Craft which runs from June 1 through September 30. Youth anglers must be 18 or under, and a photo release form must also be submitted with those photos in order to run. Now you can email them directly to me at tlapinski@thefisherman.com and as always be sure to include the angler’s name and any pertinent information. Be sure to send the original, unedited high resolution pictures. For the release form you can print and scan it or if you don’t have a scanner then you can simply take a picture of the release and include it with your submission, but you need to provide the release for images to be considered. As a token of our appreciation, kids who have their photos featured in The Fisherman will be sent a t-shirt and collection of fishing books from The Fisherman Library.

Connecticut
    • From fluke to sea bass, and stripers to blues, it’s all happening right now in Long Island Sound. Stripers are pretty widespread if you’re hunting schoolies to just-keepers, but the larger fish – up to the 40-pound class – remain scarce and associated with the bunker schools as expected. Some of the better fluke reports are coming from Clinton, Fishers and over in Peconic Bay.

• And speaking of Peconic Bay, if you didn’t catch it in this Monday’s e newsletter, check out the recap of a night bluefish trip that I took recently with the Black Hawk. We ran over to Peconic Bay and loaded up on bluefish well into the high teens. I am pretty sure that Greg will be heading back over this Friday night so give the boat a call to reserve your spot.

Rhode Island
    • Black sea bass season opens on the 25th with a 15-inch minimum and 3-fish bag limit. I haven’t heard much about throwbacks before the season opener in Rhody waters by the flukers just yet, but with good catches being made in Long Island Sound and Massachusetts already, it should start off on a good note.

• Fluke fishing has been up and down with tons of shorts being reported but some quality fish mixed-in as well. Now I am not sure if these are “just-shorts” or if they are legitimately small fish, but I fear that one of the concerns of the increased fluke size limits may be coming true in the form of increased throw-backs which always results in a high level of mortality.

Massachusetts
    • There is a lot going on this week from stripers to flounder to haddock. Striped bass really invaded local waters this week with a massive slug of sub-legal fish arriving along with a push of bigger fish to 50 pounds. The Canal has seen a good slug of 20- to 30-pound fish as expected on the moon, but the action continues on into Cape Cod Bay and up to the South Shore.

• If bottom fishing is more your game then both flounder around Boston Harbor and haddock out in the Gulf of Maine are a good bet right now. The first really large flounder started being caught this week with fish of 21 inches landed aboard Little Sister Charters. Haddock fishing is, as some are saying, the best they’ve seen in years. The fish are still being found in relatively shallow waters and some real slammers pushing 10 pounds are being caught. The Yankee Fleet even boated a 70-pound halibut on a recent overnight trip.

17. searcher

Bucktailing Doormat Summer Flounder (Fluke) - Fishing The Ledges 2017
    EliasVFishing

Published on May 20, 2017
    Cold water and few fish around. Broke in the fluke season with micro drifts on tight ledges.

18. searcher

Fluke Fishing Tip - Fisherman Magazine Series
    John Skinner Fishing

Finding summer flounder when bait is scarce. Fisherman Magazine Video Tips series.

19. searcher

The Fisherman's "Kayak Insider" - Jamaica Bay Classic
    The Fisherman Magazine

May 25, 2017 - More than 300 kayakers vied for an opportunity to represent the region in the Hobie World Kayak Fishing Classic this fall as they scoured the waters of Jamaica Bay for stripers, blues, weakfish and fluke.

While the competition is appealing enough, the event also presents an opportunity to learn from other anglers who descend on the bay from states up and down the East Coast.

20. searcher

CATCH AND COOK w/ Johnny Feat. BLUEFISH
    Johnny Bui Fishing

Published on May 27, 2017
    (FULL DESCRIPTION CLICK "SHOW MORE")(WATCH IN 1080p)

TARGETED SPECIES: BLUEFISH

Welcome to another episode of CATCH and COOK with Johnny. Today we are targeting bluefish for our segment. Fishing off "THE SURF" we started off slow, then ended up catching 2-4lb. blues for about an hour. Decided to keep the smallest blues I can possibly catch this day. Ended up catching two 1-2lb. bluefish that were good candidates for our video. At the end of the day, we got into a good bite with some big blues.

Standard procedure of filleting a fish. I made sure I had little to no dark meat if possible. Sure there is a good amount of wasted meat but it will make the taste more tolerable.

INGREDIENTS:
    1 Bluefish (Filleted and Trimmed)
    1/2 teas. sea salt
    1/2 teas. black pepper
    1/2 teas. garlic powder
    1/2 teas. total seasoning (or favorite table blend)
    1/2 tbl. olive oil
    Butter (you can control how much you want to put it)
    Sliced Onions

Wrap fillet or loins in aluminum foil into a pocket and poke holes to let steam out. Put in over for 5-8 mins on 300-325 DEGREES Fahrenheit. Eat with CAUTION...

21. searcher

Night Time Fishing W/ PERDUE Chicken Liver & Cut Bait ft. My Asian Friends (Clinton, NJ)
    Extreme Philly Fishing

May 20th, 2017 - For my 57th outing of this year, my Asian friends (below) and I decided to fish the Spruce Run Reservoir in Clinton, NJ! Make sure to check out the crew:

RaWr Fishing: http://bit.ly/2q0N2YR
    Zach Merchant Fishing: http://bit.ly/2q7BwH2
    Houseofliao: http://bit.ly/2ojY5bg

We decided to use the Wal-Mart Special PERDUE Chicken Liver to try to catch some Hybrid Striped Bass (a.k.a. Wipers). I guess the thumbnail says it all...Heh.

22. searcher

Biggest Fish Ever CAUGHT In Crab Trap?!?!
    Tucker Upper

Hitting a fishing strike mission at night with Dicky and we were super surprised at what we found. Watch to see! SUBSCRIBE for more videos!
    Beats by: https://soundcloud.com/s-y-m-f-e-o

23. searcher

Live at the Fillet Table with Blackfin Tuna & Dockside Belly Flop for 50 Bucks!
    Darcizzle Offshore

Streamed live 20 hours ago
    Florida offshore fishing girl Darcizzle fillets some blackfin tuna at the table in Palm Beach. Brian gets paid to do a belly flop!!

Lures we used to catch the tuna can be found here: http://ballyhood.com/

24. searcher

Florida Offshore Mahi, Kingfish and Snapper Fishing with Live Bait ft. Sick Boat Wrap
    Darcizzle Offshore

Published on May 30, 2017
    Florida offshore saltwater fishing for mahi mahi aka dolphin fish, Kingfish aka King Mackerel and Mutton Snapper deep sea fishing off Palm Beach. Darcizzle Offshore goes fishing with Capt. Tim on his newly wrapped Intrepid.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  25. searcher

HOW TO: PANFISH!!! The Ideal Setup + Techniques (Give-Away Included) (Yardley, PA)
    Extreme Philly Fishing

Published on May 31, 2017

May 28th, 2017 -- For my 60th outing of this year, I finally decided to make a Panfish tutorial! It has been highly requested here on the Channel, since the beginning of the year. Hah.

Thus, in this video, I cover the following topics:

Tutorial (Ideal Setup):
    Rod: 4:57
    Reel: 6:07
    Line: 8:18
    Hook: 8:54

Fishing (Techniques):
    T 1: 12:24
    T 2: 18:58
    T 3: 24:58
    T 4: 30:34

I would like to thank KastKing for sponsoring this video! Please make sure to check out the two reels + line that I used in this tutorial:
    KastKing Sharky II 1500: http://amzn.to/2qB95Bn*
    KastKing Mela II 1000: http://amzn.to/2sebljs*
    KastKing Fluorokote: http://amzn.to/2qATPVr*

26. searcher

Catching and Cooking an Atlantic City Flounder
    Sea-Money Fishing

Published on May 29, 2017
    Gave the Fluke a shot for the first time this year in a creek behind AC, conditions were less than ideal with new moon tides and dirty water and the Flounder were not very cooperative. I got a small keeper about 4 minutes into the day which I thought would turn out to be a slayfest but of coarse that was the only bite of the day. My kayak broke, I forgot my fillet knife, but I didn't go home empty handed, and at the end you see the fast and easy way to cook any fish.. Will return to the salty region soon to hopefully have better luck with these fish.

You can find magictail bucktails and gulp in your local tackle shops.

27. searcher

TRASH FISH Catch & Cook : SEA ROBIN...Edible & Underrated or Total Junk?
    EliasVFishing

Well by popular request....here it is. Easy one for me to make so I gotta say thanks for an easy trip & video that took less than an hour for me to put together.

Sea Robins have a weird thing about them. The old timers can't stand them as they get in the way of jigging fluke. And yeah, they are annoying, have no fight, and get in the way of more glorious species. I found them to be a good eating fish. Would I target them? Nah...but at the end of the day I respect their food value.

28. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    hahahaha....funny. Somebodies is S-T-O-N-E-D......ahahah love it....Puwakied they are, well not that much but they are.

searcher likes this.
  29. Garyw

Garyw Am I a Retired Veteran or a Right Wing Fanatic? Silver Miner

tired and retired
    Pink fin Perch are spawning in the Umpqua now til the end of June. They have live birth and fight like hell for their size. limit is 15 and most boats get three or four limits each trip. They are very good tablefare.

searcher likes this.
  30. Garyw

tired and retired
    My friend is headed to texas coast to fish for Red Snapper he said limit was two a day. I heard the gulf coast was trying to shut fishing for them down What the hell is going on.

searcher likes this.
  31. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    what was that thing that happened a few years ago? Something called a Blow Out?

good thing Japan is all the way across the Ocean otherwise we and the Kanuks would still be monitor radiation for all the stuuupid live Hbomb shit that is out there.

just gotsta love this dumb down that is going on these days.

searcher and Garyw like this.
  32. Garyw

tired and retired
    That ain't the whole story . I got cancer in Okinawa from defoliants used in Viet Nam in 69-70. they shipped it in 1971 to an island in the martial islands called Johnson Atol and after the viet nam war was over they incinerated it in a ship. Hundreds if not thousands of barrels were rusty and leaking into the pacific. Now our own fish and wildlife department is using it for a fish reserve and said it is cleaned up now. They claimed in a letter to me that they sample the water daily and every summer they have college students camp there for two months. What do I have to lose. My body was saturated with it for two years. I just noticed you are here in Oregon. I live in Winchester Bay. Thanks for responding to my post.

searcher and michael59 like this.
  33. searcher

Florida Offshore Saltwater Live Bait Fishing ft. Bonito aka False Albacore SASHIMI for Lunch!
    Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Jun 1, 2017
    Florida offshore saltwater live bait fishing for bonito aka bonita aka false albacore aka "lil tuna" with lady angler Darcizzle Offshore. Darcie heads into the deep sea off Palm Beach searching for Kingfish, Tuna, Mahi, mutton and more in this gopro video adventure. SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE!

34. searcher

Hope you're ok.

35. searcher

Sometimes You Gotta ENERGIZE YOUR BAIT!!! MTB Catfish Slam, May 2017 (Philadelphia, PA)
    Extreme Philly Fishing

Published on Jun 2, 2017
    READ the description for MORE DETAILS (including gear used)! UPLOADS EVERY 2 DAYS!

Want to send me some stuff? Or keep in touch? My Address:
    Extreme Philly Fishing, P.O. BOX 7019, Philadelphia, PA, USA, 19149

May 29th, 2017 -- For my 61st outing of 2017, I went down to the Schuylkill River in Philadelphia for my Mystery Tackle Box Catfish Unboxing+Slam!!! It was a very interesting day, as you folks will see in the video.

Never heard of MTB before?! Check them out here: http://mtb-baits.com/epf

36. searcher

37. searcher

Absolute Kingfish Mayhem!!!!!! Plus Sailfish and Snapper!
    deermeatfordinner

Nothing like the spring run of kingfish off the coast of Jupiter, Florida! Live bait and stiff rods! It's pull till you can't pull no more!
    http://www.outdoorrepublic.net/

38. searcher

Catching Dungeness Crab on the Oregon Coast
    PK Yi

Published on Jun 1, 2017
    May is usually a slow month for catching dungeness crabs on the Oregon coast, but we did OK and caught 9 and 6 red rock crabs. We were crabbing in 12-20 foot of water. We pulled up the pots twice.

For bait, we used fish heads and raw chicken.

39. searcher

The Striped Bass DESTROYED Bunker....& The "Salted Barracuda" While Fishing Taste Test
    EliasVFishing

Published on Jun 1, 2017
    Decent Spring outing Salted Barracuda @ 6:50 & @ 12:11. Livelined bunker in the bay for a bunch of medium size bass. Not bad overall..

Basically snag bunker flipping on the surface. Drop them down on fish marks either under the school or on near by ledges. Set hook, and try to avoid being squashed by boats.

40. searcher

June 1, 2017 New Jersey/Delaware Bay Fishing Report with Jim Hutchinson, Jr.
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Jun 2, 2017
    Looks like we finally have a nice weather weekend ahead along the New Jersey and Delaware Coast, and a few cooperative newcomers on the fishing scene too boot including makos (258-pounder at South Jersey Marina last weekend) and hefty bluefin tuna in the 450-pound class weighed in at Manasquan.

Good black sea bass catches in store for the days ahead from Del-Jersey-Land Reef north to the reef sites along the Jersey Coast; black drum still in decent supply from the Coral Beds across Delaware Bay to the Jersey side as well. First registered doormat of the Garden State fluke season featured in this week’s video tops 11 pounds off the Navy Pier, while stripers on the troll and by way of live bunker topping 50 pounds from LBI north to the Shrewsbury Rocks.

More good surf reports on stripers up and down the coast taking clam and bunker chunks, while tiderunner weakfish reports continue filtering in through Cape May County tackle shops. Local bays should be pretty busy with a sunny Saturday predicted, so a Friday “sick day” may be in order to get in on those flatties on the channel edges before the crowds.

June is shark month with tournaments set to kick off so make sure you’re geared up – in fact, old friend Mary Lee pinged a few miles east of LBI on Thursday morning, a good sign that big makos and threshers aren’t that far off.

Get the weekly reports for NJ and DE Bay at http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm...