1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

The Complete Fishing Thread ( Fresh Water / Salt Water )

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing, Boating, HIking, Trapping' started by searcher, Jun 21, 2015.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

October 19, 2017 New England Fishing Report with Toby Lapinski
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Oct 19, 2017
    I’d like to start off this week’s video with a reminder about the big fundraiser event taking place this Saturday, October 21, from Noon to 4:30 pm in Clinton, CT. If you missed my original announcement, 4-year-old Owen Hanecak, the son of Fisherman Field Editor John Hanecak, was diagnosed with Leukemia back in July. While Owen is now in remission, he has a 3.5-year treatment process ahead of him and a bunch of us in the fishing community have joined forces to help raise some money to help the family out with the expenses of the treatment. There will be some awesome auction and raffle items to be won as well as a pair of must-see seminars. First up will be Capt. Jack Sprengel presenting “Striped Bass: Backwater to Big Water” with a focus on advanced boating approaches to targeting stripers in a wide variety of locations and conditions. And for the surf fishermen in attendance, Pat Abate and Steve McKenna will be speaking about “Block Island Techniques: Then and Now”. This will be a fascinating look at how fishing has evolved over the years on Block Island. Check out the full details posted at TheFisherman.com, and I hope to see you in Clinton on Saturday!

Connecticut
    • While surf fishing has been decent for some, the majority of the interest remains on blackfish as the fishing has been excellent. It is still primarily a shallow-water game, but there have been some big whitechins coming from deep water like the 10.8-pounder which took top honors in this past weekend’s Tog-Tober tournament hosted by Black Hall Outfitters. That fish netted the angler over $1000 for the top spot, so if you didn’t sign up for this year’s tournament then I highly suggest you do so next year!

Rhode Island
    • Much like in Connecticut, the Rhody beaches have a mix of bass, blues and false albacore but interest in gaining on blackfish now that the bag limit has increased from 3 fish to 6 fish per angler. The minimum size remains 16 inches, and keep in mind that regardless of how many anglers you have onboard, the maximum number of fish you can retain on a private vessel is 10 fish. This limit does not carry over to for-hire and party boats, however.

• And the other really big news is the reopening of black sea bass which takes place this coming Sunday, October 22 in Rhody and Federal waters. The limit will be 7 fish per angler and the 15-inch minimum size remains in RI. This is great news for local anglers as sea bass have been so prevalent in recent weeks that they have become a nuisance since the season was closed in September.

Massachusetts
    • As noted in this week’s New England Offshore fishing report by Pat Vogt, the waters around the Cape remain the place to be if you’re hunting bluefin right now. There have been some crazy surface feeds with fish from small recreational well on up past the now-closed commercial size. This provides an awesome opportunity to drop a fish in the cooler as well as tangle with some of the largest fish we have in our local waters.

• But it’s not just saltwater species putting a bend in the rods of Cape anglers as Danny from the Goose Hummock shop nailed a hefty 3.79-pound smallmouth bass this week from a Cape Cod pond. For as good as the Cape’s saltwater fishing can be, there is also some world-class freshwater fishing to be had year-round.

2. searcher

Bluefish on Poppers and More!
    EliasVFishing

Published on Oct 20, 2017
    Well I had the pleasure of sliming Daimon's new boat and we went out of Long Island Sound targeting some of whatever is biting.

The bluefish were pretty fussy. They weren't blasting out of the water, chasing bait, or doing much of anything. A couple occasional swirls as they rolled around on the surface.

3. searcher

Fooled and got Spooled! 1000 size reel vs Little Tunny/False Albacore.
    FishAholic Fishing

Published on Oct 20, 2017
    Its hard to resist Albies when there going off!! If you think I enjoyed writing the title you've been mistaken. A full day in the kayak under the bright October sun helped catch me off guard in the end of the day when I was using extremely light tackle to catch Little Tunny/False Albacore. End result my final fish of the day spooled me like a fool.

I would NOT recommend using anything lighter then a 2500 reel for Albies because you need a little extra line capacity when fighting these fish.

4. searcher

Crazy Little Tunny Fishing On BackBay Flats!!
    Sea-Money Fishing

Published on Oct 17, 2017
    A big crowd of anglers spooked me from my usual false albacore spot and I did some wading on a shallow backbay flat where I could see albies blowing up. I stuck with the Albie Snax both weightless and on 1oz Jigheads as these fish were super finicky, the fish would blow up on the plentiful bait that was hanging out on the flat, most of these fish were feeding in 3-4 feet of water. I ended up catching 5 fish and losing one more, more often than not I would cast into breaking fish and not get bit but the following cast or 2 would produce a bite. The wind was blowing so the audio got destroyed at times but the fishing was decent. One more Albie video to come, the best bite by far but also the worst windy audio, going to take awhile to get that one up.

Music by Natse: Shaku https://natse.bandcamp.com/track/shaku

5. searcher

How I Caught a GIANT Sailfish on ULTRA LIGHT Spinning Tackle!
    Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Oct 19, 2017
    Florida fishing girl Darcizzle goes offshore fishing for pelagics and tells you a fishing story about how she caught a giant sail fish on ultra light spinning tackle while saltwater fishing the Florida Keys a couple years ago!

6. searcher

October 26, 2017 New Jersey/Delaware Bay Fishing Report with Jim Hutchinson, Jr
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Oct 26, 2017
    Our “busting water all over the place” report from last week was spot on, even if only for an instant, as boats trolling and livelining last week hit the first wave of stripers cruising past the Central Jersey coast. Tackle shops in the Barnegat Inlet area had bass to 45-1/2-pounds brought to the scale, while word of one 50-pounder caught and released off Lavallette came in to The Fisherman this week.

A big cold front moves through early week finally ushering in the fall weather and hopefully pushing bait along the coast, and a couple of weekend tournaments should have the fleet on the grounds in search of wave two of the 2017 season. Black sea bass is back in the mix and keeping the rail gang in great spirits, while the appearance of monster blues over 20 pounds as Dream Boat hunters looking to check off another tournament box this week.

In the political mix this Saturday, New Jersey’s Lieutenant Governor Kim Guadagno will join both hunters and anglers on Saturday, October 28 at a gubernatorial rally in Point Pleasant Beach; the event starts at 2 p.m. and who sportsmen’s groups in the state hope will be New Jersey’s next governor will arrive at 3 p.m. That’s at Captain Bill’s Landing at 49 Inlet Drive; park in the inlet parking lot where you can also try your hand at dunking a blackfish bait while they’re still there!

Check in with the weekly report lineup for NJ/DE region at http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm...

7. searcher

October 26, 2017 Long Island Metro Fishing Report with Fred Golofaro
    The Fisherman Magazine

Now is the time to get on the board with a Dream Boat sea bass, blackfish or porgy. There’s also a chance you’ll find that monster bluefish or trophy striper as the Dream Boat Challenge enters its final month. Get out and do it!

8. searcher

9. searcher

October 26, 2017 New England Fishing Report with Toby Lapinski
    The Fisherman Magazine

The November issue of The Fisherman came out this week and we cover all the late-fall favorites for you from bluefin to blackfish and sea bass to stripers. Check it out today online or one your local news stand.

Connecticut
    • Before losing some fishing time due to the strong winds midweek, Capt. Greg of the Black Hawk reports some excellent bottom fishing for sea bass, porgies and cod. Now that the sea bass season is open again in RI and Federal waters, his sailing options are opened even wider again and he was able to get back on the big fish grounds out east. The Black Hawk is still sailing out of Niantic, but they’ll be moving over to Stonington in early November to shorten the ride to Block and we will be sure to let you know when they make the move.

Rhode Island
    • With the reopening of black sea bass season on Sunday this week, fall bottom fishing got back on track until the big weather of midweek arrived, that is. Both cod and sea bass catches were very good with plenty of scup adding to the catch. Both the Seven B’s and the Frances Fleet report cod up to 20-plus pounds with sea bass to over 5 pounds on most trips. Most of the Wednesday trips got cancelled due to weather, but we should see an improving forecast going forward.

Massachusetts
    • Blackfishing in Buzzards Bay basically from the west end of the Canal to Rhody has been good and improving each day. Capt. Jason Colby of Little Sister Charters has been finding solid numbers of fish in a variety of his spots outside the Westport River along with some scup, triggerfish and C&R sea bass.

10. searcher

East River Monsters? Hunting For The Legendary ZOMBIE FISH (Striped Bass) Of New York City
    EliasVFishing

Published on Oct 23, 2017
    Halloween! New York City has a dark history of contaminated water. Fished with John and crew hitting up the harbor bite in search of some East River Monsters.

False Albacore caught on 7/8 oz epoxy jig in Green/White

11. searcher

I CAUGHT CRABS! Crabbing in Florida!
    Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Oct 27, 2017
    Florida fishing girl Darcizzle and Brian pulled the crab traps / pots inshore. I got crabs, we catch keeper stone crab claws while fishing for crabs! How to go crabbing in Florida & catch crabs!

12. searcher

HOW TO CATCH, CLEAN & COOK LOBSTER and CONCH in the BAHAMAS!
    Fishing with Luiza

Published on Oct 28, 2017
    Join us in this tropical destination while we do a catch, clean and cook with lobster, conch and fish on a private island!
    West End Watersports
    Capt. Kenneth Christie
    http://www.westendwatersports.com/
    phone: +1.242-727-4085
    Facebook: @WestEndWatersportsBAH

13. searcher

Catching Some BIG NJ Backbay Flounder on BIG Bait
    Romo Kayak Fishing

Published on Oct 29, 2017
    This was an early summer flounder trip with Seamoney and Tenzin where we did a little exploring and found a few quality fish. We started the morning catching a couple schoolie bass before moving onto jigging flounder with bucktails and gulp. I had a 22", a 21" and an 18" that made a miraculous escape out of the net at 14:50. This was a really fun day but was cut short due to weather and dirty water on the incoming tide- pretty typical summer day in Jersey.

14. searcher

15. searcher

GOT CRABS! Catching KEEPER Stone Crab Claws & Fish!
    Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Nov 1, 2017
    Florida fishing girl Darcizzle goes inshore saltwater fishing and pulls the crab pots aka traps. Darcie catches keeper stone crab claws crabbing & caught fish

16. searcher

Catch & Cook is BACK: WHOLE FRIED FISH (Porgy) W/ Homemade Tzatziki
    EliasVFishing

Published on Oct 30, 2017
    Well talk about a mixed bag trip. I never really found myself catching a whole lot of Porgy late in the season but I tangled with a few giants (lol 14"-16") while togging. I kept two that I yanked off some rocks that were pretty big. The tog trip...well that is to be continued but I realized I ran into some decent fish and they SMOKED me.

So I decided to fry the porgy whole...one fit in the pan head on the other was too big.

Homemade Tzatziki sauce:
    2 Cucumbers Scooped Finely Diced
    1/2 cup of dill or so
    3/4 container Greek Yogurt 2% or Nonfat (add some olive oil)
    2 Cloves Garlic
    Salt + Pepper
    After mixing refrigerate for an hour

Porgy, head on makes a better presentation but it's a porgy at the end of the day so whatever. But diagonal slits, put some garlic and onion if you'd like, salt, pepper...dredge in flour shake off excess. In a pan with grapeseed or vegetable oil get that oil really hot! Give it like 6 to 7 minutes per side and you are good.

17. searcher

How to Catch and cook dungeness crab - homemade crab snare
    PK Yi

Published on Oct 27, 2017
    The best way to catch crab on the Oregon coast is with crab pots, or rings. I use a Promar TR-530 heavy duty pot. I also built a homemade crab snare which I use to catch crab in Coos Bay. I'm going to show you a quick way I build my crab snare. On this crabbing trip, the weather was bad so we didn't stay long. However, I was able to catch a big dungeness crab with my snare.

Crabbing season runs year round here in Oregon, but the best times are September - December. You can keep up to 12 male dungeness crab that are 5-3/4" or more.

Mando's Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Uh...

18. searcher

** The TRUTH about FISHING LURES! ** (DON'T BE FOOLED!)
    Yak Motley

Published on Oct 23, 2017
    I had to make a video on my thoughts on all the different fishing lures on the market today! I walked down the isle at the local Academy Outdoors and was amazed at all the different types of fishing lures on the market. I even got absorbed with this color and that. I felt like the new fisherman would be led astray from all the marketing ploys in the fishing world so I had to make a video!

Spanish Mackerel Jig (Buccaneer glass minnow) : http://amzn.to/2lcGFjc

- Follow me on instagram @ Yakmotley Facebook @ Yakmotley

19. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Site Supporter ++ Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    So speaking of crabs- I was, darn don't remember but I was on a jetty with coons coming up out of the rocks-anywhoo me and my sons bait kept getting nibbled off by crabs. And out came a couple of guys and they rigged up and their stuff got nibbled off also. SO they re-rigged with a hook about six inches above their weights took a spool of 50lb test and made a wad of it fixing that wad of line around and the hook. Baited that thing and proceed to reel in crab. Seems the crab get tangled up in the wad of line and can't let go when they break the surface. Yeah, who knew one could proficiently catch crab without a pot?

searcher likes this.
  20. searcher

You WON'T BELIEVE What my NEW PB LM BASS HIT!!! (Yardley, PA)
    Extreme Philly Fishing

Published on Oct 31, 2017

21. searcher

November 2, 2017 New Jersey/Delaware Bay Fishing Report with Jim Hutchinson, Jr
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Nov 3, 2017
    Following a wet and windy start to the week, November kicked off with what appears to be a fresh new body of fish arriving from the east with stripers of various sizes and age classes spread out through Raritan Bay this week. Wheeling and diving birds, small fish busting up top and bigger fish in the 40-inch and over range hugging the bottom gives good sign of the action to come for all during a season already two to three weeks late in kicking off.

A 40-plus pound striper was plugged up along the Central coast on Saturday before first light, and while posting this week’s video forecast we learned of a new surf leader hitting the LBI Derby board on Wednesday with a 48-pounder on bunker (look up LBI Surf Fishing Classic on Facebook for details). Before the big blow on Sunday night, we had first-hand reports of bluefish to 23 pounds, while Dream Boat Fishing Challenge contending black sea bass in the 5-pound range have been coming from local wrecks and reefs (though as of last Saturday most boats were heading out to the 10 to 15 mile range to get away from the doggies).

W/NW winds Friday expected to give way to E/NE into Saturday could push the bait around down local beaches; it’s been late to start, but there are plenty of options heading into the weekend if you line it up right.

Get the regular weekly updates for the NJ/DE Bay region over at
    http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm...

22. searcher

November 2, 2017 Long Island Metro Fishing Report with Fred Golofaro
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Nov 3, 2017
    Jumbo sea bass, good blackfishing, some monster bluefish and a bunch of other options to consider for your end of the week fishing plans. And, there are a pair of tournaments in the week ahead – the Jones Beach Surf Fishing Classic on the weekend, and the Riverview Striped Bass Tournament on Election Day.

23. searcher

November 2, 2017 New England Fishing Report with Toby Lapinski
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Nov 3, 2017
    Things are finally starting to return to some sort of normalcy after the big storm that hammered New England over the weekend. Some places experienced wind gusts in excess of 70 or even 80 miles per hour, and this charged up some major seas which ended the fishing in some areas while turning it on in others as so often happens with weather like this. Looking forward to the weekend the early forecast looks very fishy, so let’s see what’s going on across New England.

Connecticut
    • In-between weather events over the last week blackfishing remains good locally. AW Marina has had some hefty white-chinners weighed-in for their Last Tog Round-Up. Top fish remains a 10.25-pounder but they’ve had a good number of 9-plus-pounders brought to the scale. I spoke with a local togger yesterday and he has a feeling that the next 2 weeks after the waters clean up inshore might be the best window for the fall tog season. Just remember that the 2017 Dream Boat Challenge continues through November 30, so there is still time to hit the leaderboard for your shot at winning the Steiger Craft DV Miami boat!

• As a reminder, Capt. Greg of the Black Hawk has officially moved from his usual summer dock in Niantic to his late fall and winter dockage in Stonington to allow for faster access to the Block Island grounds. So long as the weather allows, they make their first trip of the season out of Stonington on Friday.

Rhode Island
    • Much like in the CT discussion, fishing has been good in Rhody on the days when it doesn’t blow 70 miles per hour and the seas are less than 3-footers. Blackfish are still hanging shallow but there was a feeling that the bigger fish have begun to move deeper. Maybe this recent weather will help nudge them out a bit further. Sea bass and scup catches—two more Dream Boat eligible species to go along with blackfish—have also been quite good when the local boats can sail. With the Dream Boat Challenge ending in just under a month, the next few weeks mark your last chance to make a push at wining the Grand Prize boat!

Massachusetts
    • Up in Massachusetts there is still a lot of mixed species to target from trout and bass in the lakes and ponds to stripers and blackfish in the ocean. But what is causing the biggest stir is the continued false albacore bite taking place. Our friends from the Derby out on Martha’s Vineyard report that they still have albies all around the island and both shore and boat anglers have been doing quite well. There is plenty of bait to hold them in place so hopefully this lasts another few weeks.

24. searcher

Spearfishing SydneyBig Fish, Nude Beach Catch & Cook ( Jamie Oliver Style )
    Michael Oliver

Published on Nov 4, 2017
    G,day Guys, Today I’m taking you all out spearfishing. We are targeting specific species, Flatheads, Whiting, Leatherjacket, Flounder, Soul, Red Morwong. We bag a great size Soul and I invite you all back to my house where we prepare cook and devour this tasty fish. SUBSCRIBE TODAY, SHARE & SMASH THAT LIKE BUTTON FOR MORE VIDEOS NEXT WEEK.
    See you all on the next hunt

25. searcher

Spearfishing oversize groupers with Raffaele Seiello - Chasse sous marine merou pescasub cernia
    Il pescatore in apnea - The Spearfishing HUB

Published on Nov 5, 2017
    Benvenuto sul canale del pescatore in apnea, il canale su YouTube con una delle più grandi collezioni di video sulla pesca subaquea. Film, documentari, tutorials a caccia di pesci esotici. Iscriviti al canale per non perderti le prossime avventure! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_GO1...

Welcome to my freediving apnea channel, the YouTube channel with the widest collection of videos about spearfishing. Films, documentaries, tutorials and much more, subscribe and don't miss any new adventure! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_GO1...
    Freediving Apnea Apoe Apnee
    Spearfishing
    Chasse sous marine
    Pesca in apnea sub
    Caza Submarina

26. searcher

Many Coves, Many Fish - Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Nov 7, 2017
    New Jersey's largest lake, Hopatcong (Lake of Many Coves) offers incredible variety including pickerel, walleye, largemouth and smallmouth bass, muskies, hybrid stripers and more. Less than an hour from New York City and nestled in some of the most idyllic scenery in all of the Garden State, Lake Hopatcong is truly a lake of many opportunities for all anglers. Enjoy this instructional guide to fishing Lake Hopatcong, with guide Skip Lerman out of Dow's Boat Rentals.

27. searcher

Yukon river in Alaska. 3 week solo camping trip
    Solo Kayak Adventures

Published on Aug 19, 2017
    My best trip ever so far. Northern pike, bears, cooking over the fire!

28. searcher

November 9, 2017 New Jersey/Delaware Bay Fishing Report with Jim Hutchinson, Jr
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Nov 9, 2017
    Another good dose of bad weather to start the week leads way to NW winds in the forecast throughout the day on Friday; that could be just what we needed to kick start the striped bass action out along our eastern front this Veteran’s Day Weekend.

Sunny skies forecast for the weekend ahead, with N/NE winds predicted on Saturday, and if the mid-week action is any indication you can expect the Raritan Bay to be quite crowded this weekend. More boats are getting on the bass out front, and surfcasters especially hope this week’s weather upheaval could put some more good fish at their feet from Monmouth County all the way to Cape May.

A few jumbo black sea bass in the mix in the days ahead before New Jersey tautog limits go to six fish on November 16 (it’s a five fish bag limit in Delaware now through the end of the year). Get up and at ‘em early in the coming days, before the fleet arrives; it’s quite possible this overnight cold front will bring more than just high pressure and cold air, but very well could jumpstart the coastwide surge of stripers!

Get our weekly reports rundown for NJ/DE at http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm...

29. searcher

November 9, 2017 Long Island Metro Fishing Report with Fred Golofaro
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Nov 9, 2017
    Jumbo sea bass are a sure bet on offshore wrecks and off the East End, and stripers to 45 pounds are working their way along the South Shore for jiggers and trollers. Blackfish action has benefitted from falling water temperatures, and squid are now firmly entrenched in North Shore harbors, but be ready to bundle up this weekend.

30. searcher

November 9, 2017 New England Fishing Report with Toby Lapinski
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Nov 9, 2017
    Heading into the weekend we are facing our first real cold snap with overnight lows getting down into the 20s on Friday and Saturday nights. But, as is so typical of the weather here in New England, the forecast for early next week should see a return to more manageable overnight lows in the 40-degree range. Fortunately, to counter the cold weather, fall fishing in the salt is holding up quite well across New England.

There are still plenty of bluefin being landed from Stellwagen to the waters east-southeast of Chatham with a mix of fish from 80 to 800 pounds being caught. The albie bite just keeps going and going both from the surf as well as by boat in waters stretching from the west end of the Canal all the way into Long Island Sound. That same stretch of southern New England water is loaded with stripers from small schoolies to 40-plus-pounders, again for both boat and surf anglers. If bottom fishing is more your game then the mixed-bag fishing for blackfish, porgies and sea bass is lights-out in Rhode Island. Cod fishing has been so-so and really only limited by the massive schools of sea bass being found on the cod grounds

Connecticut
    • Albies are still poking around in pretty good numbers, blackfish are chewing crabs on the rockpiles and some big striped bass like the one Jim landed while fishing aboard Reel Cast Charters are feeding on bunker Long Island Sound this week. While I have seen a noticeable drop-off in both shore and boat anglers on my recent outings, there is still a lot of fishing to be had locally so don’t give up just yet.

Rhode Island
    • After the windy weather of last week, blackfishing in Rhode Island bounced back the last few days with pretty good catches reported across the fleet. Fisherman subscriber Glen Verdini fished aboard Big Game Fishing RI over the weekend and had tog to 10.5 pounds as well as a boat limit of sea bass for his crew.
    • Speaking of sea bass, word from the boats heading out recently has been of nuisance-level sea bass numbers on the cod grounds.

Massachusetts
    • There is still a pretty solid tuna bite taking place from out east of Chatham on up to Stellwagen with a mix of fish from small schoolies to 800-pound-plus giants. Now anything over 73 inches must be released as quickly and safely as possible, there are still plenty of recreational, sub-73-inch fish to be had.

31. searcher

November 16, 2017 New Jersey/Delaware Bay Fishing Report with Jim Hutchinson, Jr
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Nov 16, 2017
    Another couple of 50-pound class bass have been registered along the Northern and Central Jersey coast in the past week, as boaters continue to score on hot schools of bunker busting stripers. Filling the live well with bait has been the best bet for hitting up pods of harassed baits; surface plugs, swim shads and trolled offerings continue to score big catches as well.

Surfcasters are running the coastal roads from Sandy Hook to IBSP chasing schools of fish with topwaters, while from Barnegat to Cape May and beyond it’s been primarily a bunker chunk or clam “stick and wait” game. In our November 8th video forecast we said “NW winds in the forecast throughout the day on Friday” could be “just what we needed to kick start the striped bass action” along the coast; our weather forecast for November 15th shows yet another round of gusting NW winds is expected through this Friday as well, which could put more fish on the move along their southerly migration.

While it’s been a pick for many striper fishermen throughout the region, signs are there for a good dose of heavy-duty action in our forecast area this weekend. New Jersey tautog limits have gone up to six fish this week; in Delaware it’s a four-fish bag. Expect a few hogs in the reports as charter and party boats hit wrecks untouched in recent months.

Follow our weekly reports for NJ and DE Bay at http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm...

32. searcher

November 16, 2017 Long Island Metro Fishing Report with Fred Golofaro
    The Fisherman Magazine

The fall striper run is in full swing down the South Shore with bass up to 58 pounds. Dropping water temperatures have fired up the tog fishing all around the Island, and jumbo sea bass and porgies, along with cod, are camped off the East End and on offshore wrecks.

33. searcher

34. searcher

November 16, 2017 New England Fishing Report with Toby Lapinski
    The Fisherman Magazine

Last week’s cold snap really got the blackfish chewing across New England. From Buzzards Bay on into Long Island Sound, fishermen heading out in search of togzilla have been pleasantly surprised with a bunch of double-digit tog being caught. If you’re looking to hit the Dream Boat Leaderboard with big whitechinner of your own, now is the time as we enter the final two weeks of the 2017 Challenge.

Connecticut
    • Fishing Factory 3 had an 11.25-pound blackfish weighed-in on Sunday to take over the top spot in their fall tournament. It does sound like the shorts far outnumber the keepers, but no one is complaining about the action!

Rhode Island
    • There was a big push of striped bass from Narragansett through South County with the cold snap over the weekend. Daytime blitzes erupted throughout along most of the beaches, and my good friend Pete got his sons Matthew and Andrew in on the action in Narragansett on Sunday. As expected there are some better fish being landed after dark so don’t forego the night tides just yet.

Massachusetts
    • The big news remains tuna fishing offshore and blackfishing inshore. My buddy Capt. Mel True has been doing a number on the blackfish, and he even had a nice cod to top off a recent catch. There are still good shots of bass running the surf, but the vast majority of those fish are small schoolies.

35. searcher

Catch & Cook 38: ATLANTIC COD!!!
    EliasVFishing

Published on Nov 13, 2017
    Part 2/3 for my northern MA fishing. This was on the same trip as the Sea Raven - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0gfC...
    The bite was very slow with mackerel, small pollock, and weird fish making up the bulk of the fishing. I threaded a mackerel onto a 2 oz Spro bucktail with a 5" EliasVFishing Splitail shad and jigged it over some rocks and other random stuff like lobster pots.

I landed three cod (only allowed to keep one north of Cape cod) and some other tasty fish.

Took it back to the house and filleted it up, a few worms but just fried traditionally butter, onions, and some bread.

36. searcher

Chasing STRIPERS in THE SURF Under BRUTAL CONDITIONS!!! ft. Symplex Fishing (New Jersey)
    Extreme Philly Fishing

Published on Nov 14, 2017

November 10th, 2017 -- For my 145th outing of this year, my friend David Ho (Symplex Fishing: http://bit.ly/2aDQMqE) and I decided to go to New Jersey for some Striped Bass.

It was a brutal day of fishing, with temperatures staying in the range of 35-36F and winds of 15-20MPH!!! But thankfully, at least we were able to find and catch some fish.

No blitzes, folks. Just schoolies! And please, make sure you read the pinned comment before watching the entirety of this video. Thank you!

By the way, the winner of the previous give-away was announced as well: *es T**. To claim your prize, please send an e-mail to sheng12182527@gmail.com with your full username as the subject title. We will go from there! P.s. winner -- you have 7 days to claim your prize. Otherwise, it will be given to someone else.

37. searcher

Catch n Cook Dungeness Crab. Part 1 of 3: Crab and Salmon Trip in Crescent City, CA
    Fisherman's Life

Published on Nov 14, 2017
    Day one of a three part series from a trip to Crescent City, CA. Next on the stop, Salmon fishing in the local rivers! But first, we still had some energy after an 8 hour road trip from San Francisco up to the Oregon boarder. We decided to throw some hoop nets in for Dungeness Crab and ended up catching out dinner! Little bit of butter afterwards and we were all set. Check out the links below for Wayne and Al's Channel, and stay tuned for more videos soon!

New Fisherman's Life website: https://www.fishermanslife.net

Fishermans Life Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fishe...

Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/officialfis...

West Coast Fishing and More:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoK3...

Al's Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Noodlez72

38. searcher

FAILED Salmon Fishing Trip turned to EPIC Day of Crabbing from Shore
    Fisherman's Life

Published on Nov 17, 2017

Great second day visiting Crescent City, CA. Tons of rain slowed the Salmon bite to a halt. Had to resort to crabbing but glad we did!

39. searcher

Kayak Fishing: Halibut, Calicos & Bonito 60 Miles Out | #FieldTrips
    Robert Field

Published on Nov 21, 2017
    In the first episode of my #FieldTrips: Fish Village series, we've arrived at San Clemente Island 60 miles offshore and are ready to drop the kayaks in. We work through a tough bite to land some nice fish including a halibut, calico bass, rockfish, a stingray and some bonito. Then I hook into a very unwanted bycatch: a juvenile sea lion that proceeds to tow me all over the bay.

Watch to the end for a preview of episode 2!

To book a trip with Fish Village to San Clemente or any of their other exotic destinations from Mexico to Panama and beyond, visit http://www.fishvillage.com

Comment below with any questions or just to say hey, I reply to every single one!

michael59 likes this.
  40. searcher

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly - Fall Striped Bass Frenzy in NY
    EliasVFishing

don't know. Had some decent fishing on this day. But without a doubt nothing worth the stress striper fishing brings. Birds worked early and we got lucky that went down right in front of us. Landed a good 6 or 7 legal size fish under the birds. I pitched EliasVFishing swim shads with 1.5 Kalins Swimbait jigs. Low took better fish...up high more schoolies.

Got a shot at some bunker pods and landed two fish there one being around 40" and in the 20-30lb class.

And of course there was the endless fleet of boats and someone that perhaps thought I was giving him dirty looks. I do have a bad squint when trying to read the water so it was probably my fault for being there but whatever. You get used to this sort of stuff when fishing for stripers