1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

The Complete Fishing Thread ( Fresh Water / Salt Water )

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing, Boating, HIking, Trapping' started by searcher, Jun 21, 2015.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

FORGET THE LETTUCE!!! Catching FISH on WEEDS!!! (FL Slam EP4) (Boca Raton, FL)
    Extreme Philly Fishing

Published on Dec 14, 2017

In this video, my father and I switch spots for the backwaters of the Inlet. And it is there that we stumble across our SECRET BAIT of the day: the Floating Sargassum Weed!!!

Who would have thought, eh folks?! Who would have thought that those Parrotfish preferred vegetarian food. LOL.

2. searcher

First Time Steelhead Fishing the Salmon River Dec. 2017
    Sea-Money Fishing

Published on Dec 12, 2017
    A very short notice trip from earlier in December, Romo called me one day and suggested we take a trip up to the salmon river in NY to fish for Steelhead the following day.. We left at midnight and got up there early morning, visiting the tackle shop and then meeting up with Elias who was already up there. We fished all day, 2 days in a row, and this is how it went.

The great lakes and their Tributaries are cold but if you are seeking decent/challenging fishing opportunities in the winter, you might consider taking a trip to one of the many tributaries to fish for these beautiful fish. It may not be easy but there is reward in landing these lake run trout.

Rod I used was an 8'6 Shimano Clarus Noodle Rod

Reel was a shimano saros 2500 http://amzn.to/2kp3MTZ

I used 6lb fluoro - http://amzn.to/2nXMItl

egg sacks and pink worms did the damage

3. searcher

BEST DAY OF CRABBING EVER! Feat. Chewbacca from STAR WARS!
    Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Dec 14, 2017
    In this inshore fishing video, Florida fishing girl Darcizzle checks her stone crab traps aka pots and ends up being the best day of stone crabbing in Florida, ever! Starring a Special Guest- Chewbacca from Star Wars sound!

4. searcher

December 21, 2017 New Jersey/Delaware Bay Fishing Report with Jim Hutchinson, Jr.
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Dec 21, 2017
    The Feast of the Seven Fishes is an Italian-American tradition that celebrate Christmas Eve with a full menu of fish and seafood; if you’re interested in putting your own seven-fish line-up together, try giving this a shot.

Small STRIPED BASS are in the wash in good numbers, though the best bet for a keeper is still jigging, plugging or trolling just offshore from Manasquan Inlet south to Fenwick Island.

TAUTOG has been a pick, but the fish coming aboard of late have been good size, with several upper teen tog registered since last week - a couple of big COD taken on the structure too.

It’s the final week of BLACK SEA BASS fishing for awhile which has put boats offshore on the humpback grounds in these last days; the bulkhead brigade too knows that WINTER FLOUNDER are in with just days before the 2017 closure to put a couple of sweet and tasty filets aside for the weekend.

HERRING action for party boats starts right after the Christmas holiday, and the presence of those delicious pickling baits has brought the BLUEFIN in closer (though our reports this week finds guys trolling for bluefin 10 miles or more offshore finding it hard to get away from the stripers out there on the herring schools!)

Stay up to date with weekly fishing reports for NJ/DE region at http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm...

5. searcher

December 21, 2017 Long Island Metro Fishing Report with Fred Golofaro
    The Fisherman Magazine

Best bet again this week is to head offshore of Block Island or a South Shore wreck for big sea bass, some cod, and mix of porgies, ling, whiting and pollock. Lots of wind and rough seas are forecast for Saturday, but Friday looks fishable, while Sunday is “wait and see.”

The first white perch reports surfaced this week from South Shore tidal creeks, and herring action is spreading around much of the Island. Small stripers, most under 18 inches, continue to linger in the surf on both shores of the Island, and trout remain an option for freshwater fans.

6. searcher

Fire Island & Great South Bay Fishing Forecast Dec 21th, 22nd and 23rd w/ Captain Al Lorenzetti
    skimmeroutdoors

Fire Island & Great South Bay Fishing Forecast Dec 21th, 22nd and 23rd w/ Captain Al Lorenzetti

Captain Al Lorenzetti's weekly weekend reports and fishing forecast for the Fire Island and Great South Bay area.

http://www.trespalms.com/
    http://www.skimmeroutdoors.com/
    http://www.trophytackle.com/
    http://www.ericramsay.com/
    http://www.bergenbaydocks.com
    https://www.youtube.com/subscribe_wid...

7. searcher

December 21, 2017 New England Fishing Report with Toby Lapinski
    The Fisherman Magazine

First up this week, it is that time of the year when anglers do their best to extend the open-water fishing season, or they begin moving into ice fishing season (both of which, as you’ll hear in a moment, are well underway), but for me one of the biggest cold-weather fishing questions is not in where to go, but in how to keep my hands warm! Well, this week I consulted with a handful of Fisherman family members for their input. If you haven’t already checked out the story posted at TheFisherman.com, then give it a look as we approach this fishy weekend ahead.

Connecticut
    • Holdover striped bass remain a best in Connecticut with pretty much every tidal river producing fish right now. While I haven’t heard of anything over say, 25 pounds since last week’s video, there are plenty of fish from 12 to 30 inches being landed. Night time remains the right time for larger fish as always with jigs rigged with soft plastics like those made by Plum Island Swimbaits, JoeBaggs Bucktails or Housatonic Lure Company producing solid fish.

Rhode Island
    • The big news for cod fishing off Block Island this week is in the size of the fish being caught out there. While there are no old-time 40- or 50-pounders being reported, a slug of fish to 30-plus pounds were caught by several boats including the Frances Fleet and the Black Hawk this week. I have been hearing of large schools of sea herring around the island, and I got word from a Block Island contact that it’s possible to jig up a pile of them off the docks in Old Harbor. So long as this bait source remains in place the cod fishing should stay hot, just keep in mind that the bycatch sea bass and porgy seasons close with the New Year.

Massachusetts North
    • Anglers are already hitting the ice in some spots. While there is by no means widespread safe ice yet, I did see some pond hockey games taking place last weekend while traveling in Western Massachusetts, and Pete Santini from Fishing Finatics in Everett sent me some pictures of a bunch of trout caught by Dave Nava and his buddies from a trip up to New Hampshire over the weekend. They caught load of fat rainbows, browns, brookies and yellow perch using jigs tipped with mealworms and crawlers.

• But if there isn’t any hard water in your area don’t fret as trout fishing is still an excellent option as shown by Steve Schott. He sent me a picture of a fat brown trout that he caught this week while fishing Walden Pond in Concord.

8. searcher

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays + All The Top 2017 Fishing Moments + Thank You
    EliasVFishing

Published on Dec 22, 2017
    Wishing everyone a very happy and productive 2018. If you celebrate Christmas, a very merry Christmas to you and your family. If you don't that's fine too. A special thank you to all my friends, family, and businesses that have made the amount of work I put into this channel make sense at the end of the year.

Supporting businesses, (stand up organizations that made this all happen):

Bernie's Bait & Tackle, Emmons Ave Brooklyn, NY @BerniesFishing
    Three Belles Outfitters Niantic, CT @3bellesoutfitters
    www.ChunkzCustoms.com Custom Rod Builder -@chunkzcustomsinc
    J&H Tackle Oakdale LI - @JandHTackle
    Lockjaw Sportfishing - @lockjaw_sportfishing
    EastCoastKayakTrollingTubes.com
    SetTheHookLI - www.setthehook.us/shop
    OnTheWaterMagazine - http://www.onthewater.com/
    TogCandyJigheads - www.togcandyjigs.com
    Brooklyn Fishing Club @ BrooklynFishingClub
    Pushin Water Kayak Charters - http://www.tckayakfishing.com/

All my guide customers, shad customers, subscribers, and colloborating YouTube channels. You rock. I work hard at this to make this a value to you the viewer and myself where I am proud of what I do at the end of the day. It's long and laborious, but I still love it and have no regrets and look forward to starting full time fishing in 2018.

All the best,

EliasVFishing

9. searcher

Commercial Mackerel Fishing in the Meat Wagon
    Joey Antonelli

***Commercial Mackerel Fishing in the Meat Wagon****
    *** instagram - h2ovinyldesigns ***
    *** www.h2ovinyldesigns.com ***

To enter the drawing for a free sticker, just comment which sticker design you want. you can view all the designs at www.h2ovinyldesigns.com .

After the Bahamas trip was scrubbed due to motor problem with a friends boat we decided to head out and kill some Mackerel. We finished the day with a little over 600lbs of fish in the 16ft boat. All fish were caught on spoons and the rod I was using for most of the video was my 8' Crowder with my 4500 Penn Slammer III spooled with 30lb J-Braid.

www.rcioptics.com
    www.actionhat.com
    www.livewatersports.com

10. searcher

How to catch big redtail surf perch - Oregon surf fishing
    PK Yi

Published on Dec 24, 2017
    Here's another quick video about how I setup my rig for surf fishing. For my gear setup, I use a 10' salmon rod and a Shimano Stradic ci4+ spinning reel. I use 20# braid fishing line. For bait, 2" gulp sandworms work best for surf fishing on the Oregon coast.

11. searcher

Hot Winter Trout/Bass Fishing With The Squad
    Sea-Money Fishing

Published on Dec 17, 2017
    Lake Trout, Rainbow Trout, Largemouth, Smallmouth and Crappie fishing with John, Eric, Kurt and myself on a full day on 2 reservoirs a couple weeks ago. Eric won the master angler award for the day catching the most and biggest of everything, John was a close 2nd. Binsky's and Kietechs is all we used all day. It was a solid day of fishing, launching boats, running into salty kayak anglers, and eating bobo's. Shout out to Rich's Pheasant. I edited out lots of small fish from the end of this video... there was so much to edit, unfortunately I was too lazy to add any kind of good guccigang contents.

All 3 of these guys have channels-

Erics Channel- https://www.youtube.com/user/fishingm...

Johns Channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoRk...

Kurts Channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNgU...

12. searcher

Gag Grouper, Cubera Snapper and Giant Amber Jack {Catch Clean Cook} Spearfishing Tasty Tuesday
    deermeatfordinner

Albrey and I have been having fun like this our whole life and it's a blessing to be able to share such great times together! Happy Birthday Hombre! Love You!

13. searcher

We MADE IT HAPPEN, Finally! Deep Sea Fishing Trip ft. Special Guest!
    Darcizzle Offshore

Florida fishing girl Darcizzle goes offshore deep sea fishing in this fishing video with a guest. Great multi-species saltwater fishing day catching a big sailfish, bonita, red grouper and mutton snapper.

14. searcher

Surf Fishing in the SNOW for Ultra-light Stripers!!
    Sea-Money Fishing

Published on Dec 25, 2017
    Merry Christmas to all you twisted anglers out there! This is a video from 2 weeks ago when Dano was taking the last trip of the season before his Marina shut down for the winter. It was a very cold day but with no wind and slick calm conditions it was pretty nice. We tried to troll over some marks we saw on the fishfinder but after a half hour with no bites we motored until we found some bird life. Plenty of fish but size was pretty small. Once the first snowflakes started falling we high tailed it to shore, I had the urge to go to the beach and fish in the snow for the rat stripers so that is what I did. turns out 6lb line is too light for these striped bass, even at this size, as their sandpaper like teeth were sharp enough to break the 6lb fluoro. Around dusk after losing my last jighead I was going to leave but after getting to my car I couldnt resist going back out as the fish were busting and hitting almost every cast. I left my gopro behind, and used 10lb braid and slayed the rats until I got my fill! After that it took me about 3hours to get home....

My boots- http://amzn.to/2C1QiWD

15. searcher

The Secret WAR of Kayakers vs Boaters!
    Yak Motley

Published on Dec 26, 2017
    In this video I took a kayak fishing trip to Milton, Florida in search of some Striped Bass. I am not sure why the feud of kayakers vs Boaters is going on but it is still strong! We fished along the Blackwater river in a small town just down the road from Pensacola, Florida. The river delta's are great winter time spots!

Please follow me on Facebook and Instagram @yakmotley.

16. searcher

AWESOME ICE FISHING {Catch Clean Cook} Tasty Tuesday - Crunchy White Bass
    deermeatfordinner

Published on Dec 28, 2017
    this was my first time on the ice and I had a wonderful time!!! Larry Smith and his main main "Lightening Lance" did a fantastic job!!!! Great fishing and great food! if you want to get in touch with him, his cell is: (920) 427-3395 and his website is http://www.larrysmithoutdoors.com

17. searcher

December 28, 2017 New Jersey/Delaware Bay Fishing Report with Jim Hutchinson, Jr.
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Dec 29, 2017
    Those “personal best” blackfish reports keep coming in, even as temperatures continue to nosedive! In this week’s video forecast, a 22-pounder out of Manasquan Inlet on Christmas Eve leads the way into the holiday week, though word of a hot bite in cold conditions Wednesday should warm your New Year’s weekend forecast. Striped bass action continues, both by jigging and on the troll and more word comes mid-week that some South Jersey boaters are still finding a topwater bite with birds wheeling and diving along the coast. The perch bite in the back is starting to intensify too, just as the New Jersey backwater striper season comes to an end until March 1. The 2017 black sea bass is quickly coming to a close as well, with meetings held next week to determine the future possibilities on this important fishery. Get details online at TheFisherman.com as well as in this week’s video forecast for the New Jersey and Delaware region. Temperatures aren’t expected to go above 30 until early next week, so bundle up and enjoy the New Year’s holiday with loved ones!

Full reports for NJ/DE region at ttp://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=directory.category&PDIR=74

18. searcher

December 28, 2017 Long Island Metro Fishing Report with Fred Golofaro
    The Fisherman Magazine

We’re down to the wire for sea bass and scup, with Sunday the final day of the season. Friday and Saturday look good for targeting an offshore wreck or heading to the Block Island Grounds, despite a chance of snow on Saturday. Herring and white perch are also options during the week ahead providing inshore waters stay free of ice. And, for you surfcasters out there, state permits become available January 1st.

19. searcher

December 28, 2017 New England Fishing Report with Toby Lapinski
    The Fisherman Magazine

A lot of people have this week between Christmas and New Year’s off from work, and hopefully you are in this group. If so then despite the cold, there are some solid fishing options to be had this week.

But before we get into that, I’d like to let you know that the January issue of The Fisherman is out right now and it is our annual Boat and Motor Buyer’s Guide. We’ve got coverage of more than 45 of the top boat and motor manufactures on the market. You can either check out the guide in print this month or online at TheFisherman.com. In the local section of the magazine we also have coverage on targeting winter cod, building a rod rack for your home, winter travel to the Florida Keys and the announcement of the 2017 Dream Boat Challenge winner. Check it out!

Connecticut
    • Holdover striper action remains pretty good in Connecticut with some solid bass landed by some anglers out seeking their Christmas fish. Jason Jadach of Bobby J’s got into a solid bite of fish into the 20-pound class with one even eclipsing the 30-pound mark!

• On the ice scene I’ve seen some posts on Facebook of CT anglers finding hard water, but I am hesitant to recommend anywhere that is safe enough to fish just yet. We should see more safe ice by the weekend, however, but keep in mind the general recommended minimum ice thickness for ice fishing is 4 inches of new, clear ice. This is for an individual and you should always exercise extreme caution when making your way around a frozen water body!

Rhode Island
    • The mixed-bag fishing off Block Island remains very good. I was out with the Black Hawk on Friday, and while we didn’t quite find the numbers of cod that we wanted, the black sea bass, porgies, ling and other bottom fish more than made up for things! The pool-winning cod was just shy of 20 pounds, and there were several other similar-size cod landed to battle out for top honors on the day.

• And speaking of other bottom-dwellers landed, at the recommendation of several anglers on the boat for the day I tried some new-to-me fillets. On my first drop I landed a very large choggie, also referred to as cunner, ocean perch or bergal, and proceeded to keep around a dozen of the largest ones I caught on the day. They produced some excellent white fillets that were very similar to blackfish in taste and consistency. I made the fillets into a pair of fish pies for part of a family holiday meal and they were the hottest item of the night. Expect some coverage on them in the future from me, as much like the lowly sea robin, I am now a big fan!

Massachusetts
    • There is plenty of ice forming across the state with some small patches of safe and fishable hard water more to the north and west, but for those anglers unable to find a locked-up lake you can still do well on trout in the open-water spots. A customer of Fishing Finatics landed a massive brown on Sunday at an undisclosed local spot, and many of the other lakes that received a shot of fall trout are producing good catches.

20. searcher

First For Me...Walleye On BLADES
    EliasVFishing

Without a doubt, one of my biggest weaknesses is sometimes understanding one of these fish. This was a quick detour from my trip on Salmon River. A lot of things here went against what you would think would work better.

For example, tapping along with a 1/4 oz blade bait didn't work anywhere NEARLY as well as a 3/4 oz. Also, as soon as the presentation went completely verical you were out of the zone! Kept three walleye for the guys back at the lodge for dinner.

21. searcher

Fishing an Epic River for BIG Trout: DAY 1
    Sea-Money Fishing

Published on Dec 27, 2017
    This is no doubt one of my favorite trips from 2017, this is from last week, fishing the Niagara River. I got a text from Brennan asking if I wanted to go that night to the Niagara for an undetermined amount of time. I said absolutely.. so we left around 11pm, arrived in Lewiston NY pre dawn only to find not a single suitable tackle shop in the area, we fished all day with the gear we had, my plan was to jig small plastics as the binsky brothers do on the jersey farm reservoirs, well that worked pretty well. The place was beautiful, it was fast flowing deep and green, and the fish that live in the river had every will to live, a challenge to hook and land, feeding on actual baitfish. Much different than the tributary steelheading I did weeks prior at the salmon river. This is part 1 of 4 or 5 vids from the niagara and some smaller tribs, as the days go on the fishing got more interesting, finding bigger fish, new spots and new species... stay tuned.

22. searcher

Fishing The Most DANGEROUS RAPIDS in the WORLD??!?
    Sea-Money Fishing

Published on Dec 28, 2017
    Day 2 from the Niagara River. Going into this trip we knew the wind was going to be severe on this day and in turn the water clarity would diminish and the fishing would likely become futile. We explored the river and decided to try fishing this spot, thankfully we ran into a local who showed us the way down through the gorge to the water. The flow of the river in this stretch was amazing, super fast powerful current and treacherous rapids, so treacherous that they are labeled some of the most dangerous and extreme in the world. I got lucky to catch 2 Steelhead alongside one of the most insane riffles I have ever seen, in the murky water before moving to different spots and skunking out the rest of the day. Brennan also managed a fish on the fly rod which in itself is a miracle. Aside from those 2 fish this video is fairly lackluster, and if you watch to the end you see that the following day we abandoned the Niagara in hopes of having better luck in some smaller tributaries which likely weren't effected by the strong winds. The next 2 videos to come are pretty epic.... stay tuned.

(I hate the clickbait too but we live in a capitalist society and this is life. In fact this isnt really even click bait... if you google most dangerous rapids in the world, the niagara river whirlpool pops up...)

23. searcher

Surf Fishing with a Tiny Crankbait
    PK Yi

Published on Dec 27, 2017
    Here is a link to get the tiny crankbait from Amazon: http://amzn.to/2DoPhXR. I tied the lure directly to my dropper loop below the 2 gulp sandworms. For this setup, I used my usual 2 oz disc sinker, which lays flat on the sand and doesn't roll as much in the rough surf.

These redtails surf perch can be caught year round here on the Oregon coast. The best times to go fish for these guys are during an incoming high tide.

24. searcher

The CORAL REEFS SAVED OUR DAY!!! (FL Slam EP9) (St. Petersburg, FL)
    Extreme Philly Fishing

Published on Dec 25, 2017

December 13th, 2017 -- Here is EPISODE 9 of my Father & Son Multi-Species Florida Slam!

My adventure in St. Petersburg continues!!! For my 162nd outing of 2017, I decided hit the southern portion of the Sunshine Skyway Bridge!!! However, after fishing it for 20 minutes, my father and I realized that the Southern portion was entirely different than the Northern portion that we fished previously...

Read about the history of the pier here: http://bit.ly/2BApYBZ

25. searcher

I LIED to You... Best Day Ever CRABBING in Florida ft. My Sister
    Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Dec 23, 2017
    In this fishing video, Florida fishing girl Darcizzle and her sister Erin pulled the crab traps / pots. Best crabbing day ever, we catch keeper stone crab claws while inshore saltwater fishing for crabs! How to go crabbing in Florida & catch crabs!

26. searcher

January 4, 2018 New Jersey/Delaware Bay Fishing Report with Jim Hutchinson, Jr.
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Jan 5, 2018
    Despite the brutal cold between Christmas and New Year’s, a few brave souls still put in their time for some big blackfish while finishing out the 2017 sea bass season with a few humpbacks. However, anglers are hit with a new weather term – bombogenesis – when a rare winter cyclone in the Atlantic brings heavy snow accumulation with wind gusts just shy of hurricane strength to the coastal region.

The silver lining to this return of a real Northeast winter is good ice has been reported this week in many ponds and smaller lakes in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, with expectations high for larger water bodies like Hopatcong and Collins Cove on the Mullica. The party and charter fleet hopes to return to the action as soon as the docks and parking areas are cleared, with cod, pollock, ling and tautog on tap for those ready to get back into the action.

As for black sea bass, the New Jersey marine fisheries council will meet on Thursday, January 11 to review options (meeting on Thursday, January 4th was postponed due to the bomb cyclone!)

Get the full NJ/DE forecast at http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm...

27. searcher

January 4, 2018 Long Island Metro Fishing Report with Fred Golofaro
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Jan 5, 2018

28. searcher

January 4, 2018 New England Fishing Report with Toby Lapinski
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Jan 5, 2018
    Unless you’ve been hiding out in your basement, or visiting a friend on a tropical island, then you know that we’re stuck smack dab in the middle of some darn cold, arctic-like weather across all of New England. For the better part of a week the daytime temperatures in most places have not climbed above 25 degrees with overnight lows in the single digits if not falling below zero. And now we’ve got a wintery mess hitting us with predictions of anywhere from 3 to as much as 12+ inches of snow expected by the end of the weekend!

Once you’re done digging out from the big storm, why not check out J&B Tackle's first used tackle sale of 2018? The sale takes place this Saturday from 9am-3pm at the shop located at 25 Smith Avenue in Niantic, Connecticut. Their used tackle sales are filled with both gear from the shop as well as their customers, and they are accepting tackle from the public through 5 pm Friday.

Well, for those of us looking for a silver lining as we watch our gas, oil, wood or electric bills shoot through the roof this week, this is ice-making weather and a lot of local anglers have been taking advantage of the deep freeze. While there has been fishable ice to the north for several weeks, those of us residing in southern New England and even out on the Cape are finally benefiting from the cold, too. As expected, this first ice fishery has been very good for everything from panfish to pike. Just be sure to stay safe and don’t forget to buy your 2018 fishing license before you head out!

If you’re a salty purist at heart, cod fishing bounced back over the weekend and into the early part of the week for a few hearty and brave souls who fished one of the several still-sailing local party boats heading to Block Island. Once again the boats got back on the bite of cod to 30-plus pounds with solid numbers of teens and twenties along the way. Sea bass and porgy seasons are closed, but the ling and ocean perch (bergal, cunner, etc.) along with a few scattered pollock and even a couple of haddock have been finding their way into anglers’ totes. Unfortunately this storm will shut things down to at least Sunday, so be sure to check-in with your boat of choice if you’re looking to fish.

Lastly, holdover striper action has held up pretty well despite the recent cold snap, but I did get word of a fish die-off early this week. If you remember back in 2014 when we had a similarly bitter cold New Year coupled with heavy snowfall, a handful of striped bass die-offs due to cold shock were reported across Southern New England. This week’s storm coupled with the recent extreme cold could, unfortunately, trigger more widespread cases. If you happen to get word of a fish die-off in your area, please drop me an email at tlapinski@thefisherman.com so I can check into it.

29. searcher

The Escape From New York
    EliasVFishing

Published on Jan 5, 2018
    Well, here's your introduction/first trip of mine into the west coast of Florida. No I didn't slam it out of the park it but I feel very excited to be here and grateful to finally make such a trip at 30 years old.

I decided to try Skyway first and well it humbled me to a degree. I caught lots of fish on the usual mainstays like Gulp! EliasVFishing Shads in White, and live bait.

Don't worry things picked up big time from here.

30. searcher

Chunky Largemouth Jigging Under the Ice
    FishAholic Fishing

Published on Jan 5, 2018

Ight guys happy 2k18! I went out ice fishing for largemouth and it started out tuff but with enough persistence I found a few chunky largemouth bass jigging with a little Northland Forage minnow. This lake definitely has a lot of potential, hopefully I can ice a big lunker largemouth this ice season.

31. searcher

2018: Top 3 Kinds of Fishing You Must Do
    Senko Skipper

Published on Jan 4, 2018
    2018 is going to be the year of beach fishing and saltwater fishing! Join us this week and start planning your 2018 fishing year! Spring fishing is right around the corner we suggest you target bluefish, next is summer fishing and a good option for that is Shark fishing. Then comes Fall/winter, now it is prime time for our favorite fish to catch. The Black fish AKA the Tog.

FREE PDF: HOW TO GROW ON YOUTUBE
    http://bit.ly/sksktips

Check out our Website:
    http://bit.ly/senkoweb

Find us on Facebook!
    @Senko Skipper Vintage Fishing
    @Senko Skipper Fishing Community

Interested in more Vintage Fishing gear? Check out our new Vintage fishing Facebook page!
    Search: "Senko Skipper Vintage Fishing"

michael59 likes this.
  32. searcher

Ice Fishing The Best Ice
    Sea-Money Fishing

Published on Jan 7, 2018
    Spoiler- theres no fish. just awesome ice.

this is the electronic flasher I was using that fell down the hole - http://amzn.to/2CBHVk5

33. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

^^^Ice fishing is very topical, even in Florida right now. If I ever retired I would definitely get out on the boat regularly.

searcher likes this.
  34. searcher

Ice Fishing For GIANT Lake Erie Walleye (2018)
    Chris Bulaw

Published on Jan 7, 2018
    Ice fishing on the amazing Lake Erie, featuring the biggest walleye I've ever seen! Two more days on this incredible lake to make some magic happen.

Fish with the Wolfe pack on Erie!
    http://bit.ly/Wolfepack

Check out the revolutionary new Garmin Ice Bundle:
    http://bit.ly/GarminIce

Subscribe here — http://bit.ly/2hVmHb2

Thanks a bunch for watching, be sure to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE if you enjoyed!

35. searcher

10 MINUTES FISHING CHALLENGE!! Unseen 2017 Footage (TLFF) (Give-Away Included)
    Extreme Philly Fishing

Published on Jan 7, 2018

January 7th, 2018 -- Here is another episode of my series "The Lost Fishing Footage" (TLFF).

For those who are NOT familiar with this series, TLFF is pretty much a compilation of "failed fishing footage" from different fishing sessions! Failed challenges. Technical difficulties. Too little fish caught. Or maybe just extra clips from a fishing session. You name it...all of those clips made it to the TLFF series!

In this episode:

10 Minutes Fishing Challenge: 4:45
    Playing "iDubbbz in the sewer:" 17:06

Also, don't forget to participate in the give-away! To do so:
    1. Subscribe to the Channel, if you haven't yet!
    2. Like the video!
    3. Comment below HOW MANY SPECIES did I catch during the 10 minutes fishing challenge!

Winner will be announced on 01/11/17's video. Prizes will be shipped worldwide! Good luck!

36. searcher

Best Fishing Fails and Bloopers Video Compilation
    Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Jan 4, 2018
    Best Fishing Fails and Bloopers Video Compilation. Florida fishing Bikini girl Darcizzle ala Bill Dance, best funny video clips of the last several years.

michael59 likes this.
  37. searcher

January 11, 2018 New Jersey/Delaware Bay Fishing Report with Jim Hutchinson, Jr.
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Jan 11, 2018
    Arctic blasts and bomb cyclones give way to warmer coastal weather for the January 11-14 weekend; while blackfish lead the charge for most of the New Jersey and Delaware coastal fleet still fishing, many boats are also heading offshore for cod, pollock and jumbo porgies this week.

Local ice fishing opportunities have improved significantly since the cold spell, and many freshwater anglers are hoping the late week warming trend doesn’t negatively affect conditions too much. While fishing participation has been light, show season is underway as well for 2018 with the Garden State Outdoor Sports Show in Edison, NJ through Sunday, as well as the Lacey Township High School Fishing Club’s annual fisherman’s flea market on Saturday.

The New Jersey Marine Fisheries Council also convenes to discuss sea bass in Stafford Township on Thursday the 11th, and The Fisherman will be there to report on the outcome.

In the thumbnail photo this week, LBI nglers Reed Johnson, Barry Baxter, Graham Mergenthaler and CJ Janiszewski hold the monster swordfish they caught to kick of the New Year in Islamorada fishing with Capt. Nick Stanczyk out of Islamorada.

For the latest fishing reports for NJ/DE and a couple from the Florida Keys as well go to http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm...

38. searcher

January 11, 2018 Long Island Metro Fishing Report with Fred Golofaro
    The Fisherman Magazine

Finally, a reprieve from the record setting cold and a few days of above average temperatures that should free us of the ice that has gripped most waterways around the Island. Wind and rough seas will unfortunately accompany the warming trend which could make it tough for open boats to get offshore. If that’s the case, setting your sights on white perch or trout might provide the opportunity to bend a rod over the next few days if you don’t mind fishing in the rain. If you would rather play indoors this weekend, Surfcasters Journal Striper Day is set for Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Hofstra Student Center. There will be plenty of vendors on hand and you can catch some good surf fishing seminars throughout the day long event.

39. searcher

40. searcher

January 11, 2018 New England Fishing Report with Toby Lapinski
    The Fisherman Magazine

It is almost the official kick-off of the 2018 fishing, hunting, boating and outdoor show season here in New England. While the first official New England show for us here at The Fisherman doesn’t take place until the 26th when we’ll be at the New England Fishing & Outdoor Expo in Boxboro, MA, you could always take a ride over to Long Island this weekend for Striper Day 2018 presented by The Surfcasters Journal. While I will unfortunately will not be able to attend, we will have representatives on hand from The Fisherman as this excellent show. If you’d like a full look at where and when you can come see us here in New England, check out the 2018 Show Schedule posted at thefisherman.com or check out the full events calendar.

The big weather event last week put a solid halt to the cod fishing over the weekend, but this mid-week warm-up allowed the boats to get back out on the water. Unfortunately if you were waiting to see how they did to give it a shot yourself, you might have missed the window as it looks to be a return to nautical weather by the weekend. That is the way it is for winter cod fishing here in New England as you need to be ready to go when Mother Nature provides the opportunity.

More consistent, however, is ice fishing, something we have not had in a winter or two in Southern New England. The mid-week warm-up I mentioned as a positive for the cod is not quite as good for ice anglers, but we should see most of the safe ice withstand the improved temps. Up on the Cape, Chris at the Goose Hummock reports that pickerel have been very active under the ice as well as yellow perch. Bass have been active in the smaller ponds, but the bigger ponds that have enough safe ice seem to be a little slower. Some of the trout ponds with safe ice have also been producing some nice browns and rainbows.

In Connecticut we have a bit of everything with solid bass, panfish and pike being iced. Those who know how and where to target walleye have also been icing some nice ‘eyes, and I even spoke with an angler who jigged up a handful of stripers through the ice this week.