1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

The Fickle Metal Markets

Discussion in 'Purchasing Precious Metals' started by Daryl Johnson, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Daryl Johnson

Daryl Johnson New Member

I just don't really get it. Gold and Silver have just had a nice little run. Metals players always feel good when it's on a bit of a tear.
    So, today Gold is down $8 and Silver down .13. Of course, the day isn't over, but all of the "experts" are calling and end to the upswing in the market. I don't see any way that a call could be made on such a minor adjustment. It could be that one or two big players have taken profits, followed by a bunch of smaller weak hands.
    It just seems ridiculous to me that anyone can read a major market shift out of such a small move. By tomorrow, Yellen might sneeze and Gold jumps $25 and Silver .60. I'm in metals for the long haul, so it all makes very little difference to me, but how in the world can anyone know which way things will move tomorrow? They must be psychic or something I guess.

2. Daryl Johnson

Daryl Johnson New Member

Well, here we are 12 hours later, and Gold and Silver are retracing their losses and it looks as if the folks saying that the rally was over were wrong. For now.
    Why do they even bother spouting their viewpoints on what is happening. Or NOT happening as it were. I think it may go up, and it may go down. Now print that just so they have something to waste our time with. Craziness.

3. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Rightly stated, it is more important to watch the trends and the seasonals IMO

4. Fjpod

Fjpod Silver Member Silver Miner

I never listen to the prognosticators. They go on and on with graphs and data. Haven't they ever heard that past history is not a guarantee of future performance?

Look at long term trends....yes. Tell me how to base my decisions on what is going to happen tomorrow?....no.

5. Daryl Johnson

Daryl Johnson New Member

They act like they KNOW that gold is going back to $700. It could, but the only people who have any idea where things are headed are the cheats at Goldman Sachs and the other crooked banks who have billions to make a play so it drops two percent and they can bank another $30 million because they know exactly how to play the system. Unless the prognosticators know someone in the metals office at Goldman, they're guessing just like we did when we bought some.