1. Metals try to capitalize in market weakness with dollar weakness ie choppy
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Thur Morning! Gold is down 1.3 to 1248. Silver is flat at 1757. Crude +16 to 4820. The USD is up 17 to 9964.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 3/18/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1230.20-- UP 28.8 Silver $17.41-- UP 49 Oil $49.31-- UP 82 TICS USD $100.11 -- DOWN 100 tics Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE 2017 $1299.09 (1), SAE $20.54 (20)

The forum

Discussion in 'Site Activity/Suggestions' started by Mr.Jens, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Mr.Jens

Mr.Jens Seeker Seeker

I am still getting use to this forum but want to say I am really enjoying it. Definitely have been learning a lot but there was a period that I stopped posting and reading many posts. Mostly due to the fact that many of the threads just turned into a group of posters attacking others who they did not agree with. I just want to say that lately I have noticed the quality of threads and posts seems to have picked up. Been reading some really great threads and discussions. Usually have a lot of various viewpoints that make me think of something I hadn't thought of before. I thought that was missing several months back and why I wasn't reading or posting as much.

I want to thank you guys for helping me learn and become more informed. I also want to thank the mods for helping clean this place up. Really makes it more enjoyable to come on here and read new posts. I couldn't say that was the case several months back.

Again thanks mods. This one is on me. :beerglass:

2. phideaux

phideaux Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Yup, things are much smoother and more relaxed since "the exodus."

3. BUILT TO LAST

BUILT TO LAST Gold Member Gold Chaser

I agree with Mr.Jens. I may not post much but I have been reading this forum as thoroughly as time would allow since 2005 & feel like I know many members personally. What was actually done to cause "the exodus"?

4. Ahillock

Ahillock A nobody Mother Lode

I agree with the above. Sure has been nice around here lately. Much more relaxed as phideaux mentioned.

5. JayDubya

JayDubya Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

It may be more "relaxed" here now, but we lost a great deal of knowledge. Those who were involved in what is being termed the exodus have years of valuable experience that we could definitely use on this site. One thing I've noted is that as some of the core players left, some ancillary players got caught up in their tailwind and they were swept out as well. There were good, smart posters who didnt get squashed by the ban hammer who arent coming back either. Call it a show of solidarity I guess. What a dirty rotten shame some feel they must pick sides and cannot remain an indepedent thinking individual and grace us with their voices.

It's too bad that some people couldn't argue without getting caught up in the argument.

I like reading posts where there's opposing viewpoints. I like it when someone says something that I may not have considered. I like it when there's a civil argument - two parties debating an issue, presenting facts to support their side of the argument. I wish we could have more of that. Seems to me GIM I was much more that way than GIM II is. Things didnt seem to degenerate into name calling and oneupmanship as often back then.

I wish those who have left would come back and share their knowledge, share their viewpoints, and work hard to make this a better forum. I wish those who left would come back and jump back into the debates. But do so realizing that they don't have to prove anything, that they CAN let a thread die if someone is taking it off course, that they CAN walk away from an argument that has denigrated to a ridiculous level, that if someone is dragging down a thread you don't have to let them drag you down with it. You don't have to reply to every stupid little dig and jab. You don't have to take the bait. You CAN let someone else have the last word.

Just because somebody think's they're right doesnt mean they are. Just because someone yells their viewpoint louder,doesnt make that viewpoint any more right. It's easy to recognize people displaying these traits. Just let them spout off and move on to another thread. Just because you have a very clever or witty reply, doesnt mean you have to use it. Just let it go. Especially, if after being corrected, or being shown a chart or other visual aid disproving their stance, he/she keeps repeating something you know to be wrong, it's highly doubtful you're going to convince him/her their viewpoint isn't correct. Just let it go - you dont have to prove anything. Just let it go.

I'm nobody, I wield no powers whatsoever, but I'm extending a sincere offer to those who have departed to come back and make this forum the forum is once was, and then to make it better than it once was. I extend my open hand, willing to grasp the palm of any man, woman or child needing assistance to climb back aboard.

Hystckndle, phideaux and Solo like this.