1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

The Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss

Discussion in 'Alt Medicine/Coll Silver' started by birddog, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Delivery boy.
    That must be my problem. I've knocked my blood sugar levels down under two hundred and my blood pressure down about 20% with keto and intermittent fasting (16-18 hour fast, two keto meals in six to eight hour window). I also am off all injectible insulin, but am still relying on metformin and a couple other meds for bs/bp. I just can't seem to get my bs down lower, though. I'm going to have to try more long term fasts to see if I can't bring it all together, lose more weight and get off all the meds entirely.

birddog likes this.
  2. birddog

birddog Gold Member Gold Chaser

Hey Gloin - check this out. Nice short video with Dr. Fung talking about hyperinsulinemia and T2D.

Son of Gloin likes this.
  3. birddog

birddog Gold Member Gold Chaser

This is a good interview as well...

Son of Gloin likes this.
  4. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Delivery boy.
    Thanks, BD. I'll watch them both.

birddog likes this.
  5. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Mashed cauliflower made like mashed potatoes is awesome also

Son of Gloin and birddog like this.
  6. HardTruth

HardTruth Silver Miner Seeker

9 months out of the year , I keep my carb intake very low , then the last 3 months of the year, I periodically reward myself by having things I did not eat earlier in the year. { walmart glazed donuts being at the top of the list } I also do this because of the holiday seasons at the end of the year and I want to enjoy some deserts,. pies ,etc....but 1 thing I never do, is drink soda pop . I do love cows milk, but only drink that at the end of the year. FWIW..there is a brand of whole milk called FAIRLIFE, and it only has 6 grams of sugar per cup , which is much less then normal milk . That's what I drink when I want a treat at the end of the year, with my glazed donuts.

On jan 1st ., I then go strict again...stick to 20 carbs or less per day for several months, I control my weight by using this simple plan....My weight will
    fluctuate from about a low of 215 to a high of 250 in that 12 month period. I am about 6ft 6" tall, so that is a decent weight for me. Some people may not be able to accept a 35 lb weight swing in the course of 12 months, but this system works for me . It ensures I do not become obese, while still allowing me to enjoy treats during the holidays and I never have to count calories. For me, sugar/carb control is the key.

gringott and birddog like this.
  7. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    I'm going to try this, thanks for the tip.