1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

The War on Gold Intensifies

Discussion in 'Gold Silver (All things Metal)' started by Weatherman, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Weatherman

Weatherman In GIM since 2006 Gold Chaser Site Supporter

2. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    Nice read. Thank you for posting.

3. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

I'll give him credit on a couple of things,

free market for metals,

no gold standard,

as for the whole manipulation boogey man thing, is it really that material even if it were true?
    look around you, there isn't a darn person aware of metals other than a few, and of those few, even less will put the dough down to get some.

they are all talking stocks, 401k's, or shitcoin, with the more studious mentioning cryptos

mining production is down, sales are down, etc.

guys like this claiming that all the articles are non-existent or negative, in reality, are begging for positive press. Wanting positive articles, snake oil salesman and pumpers to arrive in the metals markets to move the price north. This of course, negates anything else he states about true value does it not? As he too is looking for phony values based on phony stories.

The value of a oz of gold is $1280 right now, You are either in or you are out. There is no it should be this or it should be that.

It is what it is for now. We have to bide our time as the hot action moves around.

4. Weatherman

Weatherman In GIM since 2006 Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Very bear-ish comments, Scorp. If I thought gold and silver prices since 2011 were determined by the free market, I would have abandoned ship years ago and looked for better opportunities in the stock market. It is precisely "the whole manipulation boogey man thing" that keeps me interested in and invested in metals. I can tolerate low return on investment now, but only because I am convinced that the value of my gold and silver is much higher than the current manipulated price. I hope that prices will rise to true value when that manipulation scheme falls apart.

FYI, I already replied to the article with the comments below, but they have not yet been published there:

It is worth recalling that gold and silver had substantial rallies in 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, and 2009-2011. Each rally was stronger than the ones that preceded it. It now seems clear that the FED and its bankster attack dogs decided to break that escalating pattern in 2011 by not only pressing gold and silver down, but holding it down to quench bullish enthusiasm. "FED & friends" obviously have the ability to drive metals prices lower, but they have chosen to not do that. My guess is that they want to limit price advances (to minimize the risk of starting another "gold rush"), but also keep prices high enough to discourage physical accumulation. The mystery here is how long can they keep this juggling act going, in addition to fighting all the other financial fires in the world.

I hope that a future article will focus primarily on silver. There is enough gold bullion available to allow China and Russia to continue their rate of accumulation for some time, but there is barely enough silver bullion available for industrial consumption. My guess is that the FED is more concerned about the price of silver (than gold) rising high enough to start another stampede because a rapidly rising price of silver could trigger an explosion in demand for physical silver that would be impossible to contain. My view is that the FED needs to apply more force to quench potential silver rallies than it applies to gold, because a surge in demand for the low supply of silver could break the COMEX, and begin a process that puts the financial system of the West at risk. Cheers!

5. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    Silver is down right now. Maybe I should grab a couple of thousand ounces just to keep some diversification in my portfolio :belly laugh:

FthePolice and edsl48 like this.
  6. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

With the GSR at 79 I dunno what you're waiting for. :)

FthePolice, D-FENZ and Son of Gloin like this.
  7. Jarrod32

Jarrod32 Seeker

I may or may not have added a few pet rocks to the collection earlier today...

Treasure Searcher likes this.
  8. Treasure Searcher

Treasure Searcher Platinum Bling Platinum Bling

I keep adding copper wire and pipe to my collection. Scrap collecting is the ultimate way to recycle.

9. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Wait until all those BTC holders find out they are holding air, then the rush to gold and silver will follow. Expect inflation to tick up and the MSM complain about too much growth.

10. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

I love steady prices for my Sovereigns. $300 ain't bad, $250 is even better for stocking the old lake.
    Life is good, ya feckers!

..... :2 thumbs up:

11. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

If it was so manipulated, why is it 1280 instead of 3 or 400???

If it was so manipulated, why has it held steady while stocks have went up 33% this year?

Everybody was all happy when the hot action was in metals back in '11, yet now, not so much and looking for someone to blame.

The reality is, metals are up a ton from their lows and holding it while all of this other stuff is going on.

I am not bearish, just a realist

Lastly, all markets are manipulated, all markets.

stonedywankanobe likes this.