1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

this is what I have been going on about:

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by Scorpio, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

The 17 US companies with the biggest piles of cash
    Anaele Pelisson,Business Insider 10 hours ago

• 24 of the largest US companies are sitting on $1.01 trillion in cash reserves —80% of which is held overseas.

American companies are hoarding cash like crazy — but a huge chunk of that change isn't held in the US.

Under the newly approved Senate tax plan, passed in the early hours of Saturday morning, companies would be given the chance to bring home cash stored overseas at a one-time discounted repatriation rate.

In November, Bank of America analysts crunched the numbers on these overseas reserves. They estimate American companies are sitting on $1.01 trillion cash — with 80% of those reserves held overseas.

As part of the proposed plan, companies will be allowed to pay a 10% tax on deferred cash (or cash-equivalent) earnings, and 5% on reinvested earnings. S corporations are exempt, according to the non-profit Tax Foundation. Here’s more:

Corporations have eight years to pay the tax on deferred earnings. A minimum payment of 8 percent is required for the first five years, 15 percent for the sixth year, 20 percent for the seventh year, and 25 percent for the eighth year.

Here's which US companies have the most cash on hand. These 17 companies together have over $800 billion stashed away:

3.png

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/chart-17-us-companies-biggest-164900428.html

gringott, Son of Gloin, gnome and 4 others like this.
  2. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Silver stacker
    Alphabet is googles parent company for those who don’t know.

3. EO 11110

EO 11110 He Hate Me Mother Lode

where are the hedge funds/private equity funds in the caymans, etc?

4. EO 11110

chump had the answer to this problem. import tariff. so didnt matter if apple made their sh-t in vietnam and stored the proceeds in ireland. the import tariff charged them for playing these games. so no incentive for this crap --

but that talk disappeared right after the election. i supported him for tariff -- and for stopping the invasion (by ground and by air). highly disappointed that the import tariff died before it even started

gringott, mispillion, gnome and 2 others like this.
  5. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Retired
    I'm confused.

What laws are these companies breaking?

Usury likes this.
  6. EO 11110

none. they are playing by the rules the globalists set up for them - incentivizing offshore production, rather than flyover country production. no accident -

they've set up the game where these megacorps would be fools NOT to offshore our jobs

in trade, nyc gets more/greater access to their financial markets. so 'we' trade truckloads of flyover production jobs for handfuls of nyc bankster jobs

7. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    There is no coming back from this. You guys realize that right?

8. Hystckndle

Hystckndle Daguerreotype Fanatic Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Slave, but a little less every day
    That's the part a lot of folks are trying to work through.
    As in probably the entire baby boomer generation and some other savy and curious younger ones.

gringott likes this.
  9. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

Boomers (many) (most) don't care if the entire country turns into somalia minutes after they are dead, as long as nothing knocks their own lips off the tit.

10. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    I guess I don't qualify. All I have I earned! No handouts, no government programs. I've received nothing for free! When I take my first SS check I won't consider myself sucking off the tit of other Americans. I've put a few sheckles into that SS account over the last 40 years

11. Hystckndle

Hystckndle Daguerreotype Fanatic Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Slave, but a little less every day
    Yeah,
    And that, to me, is working through it for them. Who cares as long as I get mine attitude.

Place called the Villages down here, geeeeiant "retirement " community.
    Party ! is the way of life. Dedicated semis bring in the booze daily. STDs is rampant.
    Lots of reverse mortgages, entire system there to suck life savings out of them.
    But that' s their decision too.

gringott and Mujahideen like this.
  12. Scorpio

reliving woodstock?

Son of Gloin and Hystckndle like this.
  13. Scorpio

you nailed it without maybe wanting to

all perfectly legal and above board,

yet I will say then, people who choose to ignore the obvious then have zero reason to bitch about taxes, the degradation of society here, or even constitutional matters.

It all becomes 'perfectly legal' as laws are written to insure it,

While Rome burns, people look at their 401k's and don't see a problem, all the while assuming the fire will be put out. Not once realizing that even fire fighters sit on the sideline and just spray water around hoping to control collateral damage after x point.

gringott, Uncle, JayDubya and 7 others like this.
  14. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Retired
    Great answer!

gringott likes this.
  15. Joseph

Joseph Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

slacker
    I'd do the same in a heartbeat. I'm just pissed that i don't have the same loopholes available to me. ...

gringott likes this.
  16. keef

keef Пальто Crude Platinum Bling

Retired Hoser

Looks like the youngins are catching on. The gig is up?

[​IMG]

"Well kids, when we were your age we got loaded and trashed the place."

Shit happens... :tongue:

17. jimswift

jimswift Seeker

Com'on dude.

You can't say "no government programs" and then in the same post say "when I receive my first government program check".....

Social Security IS a tit sucking scheme.

Mujahideen, Joe King, Silver and 3 others like this.
  18. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    Yeah, I said I haven't received one yet. I'm still paying into it so right now it's MY tit that's being sucked on!

gringott, Son of Gloin and Crockett like this.
  19. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

A bit OT:

Don't know anything about the reverse mortgages or the STD's but I have a good friend living there. Retired last Dec and moved there in Jan. Loves the place. Rides around in a golf cart, plays tennis, pickle ball and golfs. Parties a good bit too.

She's here for a few days of vaca. Spent most of the day with her yesterday. Lifestyle must agree with her. Looks fantastic. May visit her next fall.

gringott, Son of Gloin and Hystckndle like this.
  20. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Delivery boy.
    Exactly. SS is a giant ponzi scheme, but I didn't invent it and I was not given a choice, really, to be involved in it, as a working guy. The government has sucked cash out of my wallet for decades. Hundreds of thousands, actually. I'm afraid to add it all up. My solid viewpoint is that, as soon as I am eligible to do so, I'm going to start reconfiscating some of that money back. They took from me for most of my life and I'll get back as much as I can, when I can. I worked for that money, it ain't about no tit-sucking. That is offensive.

21. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    Yes sir brother!!! :2 thumbs up:

gringott and Son of Gloin like this.
  22. Scorpio

don't shoot the messenger but it is a tax,

using that logic, then you would also demand that the rest of your taxes came back to you at retirement.

and I know all of the old timers don't want to hear it, but they spent it, every plug nickel of it. Building roads and bridges to nowhere, starting wars, building retail to no compare in the world, paving the road to the till with the war on poverty, building houses far larger than any family really needs, etc.

every nickel, gone.

23. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

I have done work in The Villages in Leesburg since 2006. It's a manufactured community in the middle of Florida. I has a few nice retail centers with restaurants and shops. It's mostly old people riding around in golf carts on prescription medicine. I actually eat at the Sonny's BBQ there when I am in town. I think it's way overpriced and there are few young people.

gringott likes this.
  24. Scorpio

The Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) tax (/ˈfaɪkə/) is a United States federal payroll (or employment) tax[1] imposed on both employees and employers to fund Social Security and Medicare[2]—federal programs that provide benefits for retirees, disabled people, and children of deceased workers.

They are 2 separate things.

The tax is taken from payrolls and paid by employers, where the purpose of the TAX is to fund amounts for social security.

Key point is, they are separate, in that they can take in the tax, and while having a supposed purpose of social security, they instead are general funded.

It is a pay as you go program, in that dollars collected today are spent immediately. There is no savings account, no lockbox, no money.

25. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    Then I will proudly try and take every bit of value I can for as long as I can with zero guilt!

gringott, Alton and Son of Gloin like this.
  26. Scorpio

that is the genius of the program from the 'git

JayDubya likes this.
  27. Mujahideen

Silver stacker
    Old fuckers mortgaged the country’s future away and the kids were happy to get any remaining scraps. Meanwhile the bank owns the house and has to loan us money just so we can pay the rent.

This needs to collapse and lots of people need to suffer. Then we can rebuild.

There is no saving the system, the only thing that can be done is to prolong the collapse.

Eventually what will happen is the average joe will max out his credit and won’t be able to buy the cars and eat at restaurants or buy the new iPhone... once that happens I hope everyone has their preps.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 6:48 PM
    Glasgow, gringott and Son of Gloin like this.
  28. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    Sure, it's s tax. That's beside the point. Before the early twentieth century, there was no massive confiscation of wages from the working man to the giant, bloated bureaucracy that is the US government. Since then, the government leaches have found innumerable ways to suck more and more income from the working classes, draining their lifes blood out of them, out of us all, actually. The workers, the producers, the builders. And what have they done with all that lifes blood? They've built a system to oppress and control all of us. With the help of the FedRes, they've created a debt-slave system, putting all of us who use the system and even those of us who don't, or who have worked our way out, in chains to that system, in one sense or another.

To me, I absolutely must act in a self defensive manner toward what I believe to be an oppressive, antagonistic government system. So, when the time comes, I will take what the government will give back to me of my own hard won currency and use it for my own good, as long as I can get it. I earned it with my time and effort. I got out of bed long before sunrise many thousands of days and worked long hours, an average of twelve plus a day, in every weather extreme, including quite a few days I was sick or hurt only to have the blood sucking leaches confiscate away much of the fruits of my labor, only to waste large portions of it. The system is going to probably crash at some point in my lifetime, anyway, so I will be happy to help crash it by taking back a little of what was rightfully mine.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I will feel exactly no guilt while I'm taking back my own hard earned FRN's from uncle Sammy, for as long as they have it to give.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 2:08 AM
    Glasgow, gringott, Irons and 3 others like this.
  29. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

There may not be any money in it, but there is so a lockbox. It's full of pieces of paper representing promises to tax us again in order for the gov to be able to pay it back.

In fact, here's a pic of ol' George inspecting the lockbox himself.

George.PNG

SS was just a way to raise revenue for gov without having to straight-up say they were raising taxes. It ends up being kind of like a perpetual loan payment from one generation to the previous generation, filtered through government spending.

30. searcher

It's not an entitlement. It's not a give. It's your money. You worked and paid into it. Start collecting it as early as you are able to.

Glasgow, gringott and Son of Gloin like this.
  31. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    That's my plan, to take it as soon as they'll let me. I don't know how long I will live and I won't assume I will live till I'm 79, which is the break even point for waiting till I'm 65 to collect. And if you do wait till 65, remember to factor in inflation/devaluation. Those extra FRN's you get will lose value every year you wait, as well as every year after, while you're waiting to "break even."

gringott and searcher like this.
  32. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

That's not what the Supreme Court had to say about it.
    If it were truly "your" money, you would have a Right to it. However, no such Right exists.

SS2.PNG

It all comes down to, what Congress grants, Congress can take away.

Hystckndle and gringott like this.
  33. searcher

Got lucky and was able to retire at 58 - started to collect at 62. Will turn 65 next year so I'll have to learn about Medicare.

The only complaint I have about SS is that it needs to be jacked up and receive a decent raise yearly.

gringott and Son of Gloin like this.
  34. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    Yeah, you and others keep saying that but you never really lived through it did you? I don't recall being asked if it was OK that the government took a third of my paycheck every week, some of it to go to a SS program I was 'enrolled' in...there was no choice!. Not all of us worked for the government and/or got fat pensions to sit on for the rest of our lives. Some of us worked two and three jobs to provide food, clothing and a roof over our family's head. We were honest and saved whenever and wherever we could. Quite frankly most of us don't give a shit what people who say this think. You clearly haven't walked a mile in our shoes so your opinion is irrelevant to us. You folks watch too much CNN and swallow too much bullshit!

gringott, Son of Gloin and searcher like this.
  35. searcher

Started working and paying into SS when I was a kid. Worked crap jobs, military, merchant mariner, owned a couple of businesses, worked union (loved it) and paid into it (so did my employers) for a long time. Not going to climb on a soapbox here but I worked for it. So did everyone else. The money belongs to the people who worked and paid into it.

I think you should collect it as soon as you can. Why wait. Tomorrow is promised to no one.

36. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

I wouldn't fault anyone for clawing back a bit of what was stolen from them...but let's be honest about what it is at least. SS payments sent out today will come from people working today and from people trying to save...today or from kids not yet conceived.

This government scam was well executed. The peasants will blame other peasants for their hardship and not the thief that robbed them.

37. searcher

For some SS is all they may have. May not have a pension or too much in savings. My heart goes out to these people.

gringott, the_shootist and Mujahideen like this.
  38. Mujahideen

Silver stacker
    If SS ever crashes, things will get very ugly.

In other countries, society teaches that the children are supposed to take care of their parents.

People expect government to do societies role too often. Now we are all slaves because of it.

39. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    There it is right there my friend! Those who criticize the 'greedy old folks' with 'fat pensions' for 'selling out' today's kids haven't got a fucking clue what they're talking about. They're talking heads who mimic what they read on 4chan and struggle with their critical thinking skills on this topic. I worked and saved and am lucky to have a bit more than SS to fall back on once my earning days are done. Lots of folks who worked as hard as I did aren't so lucky (as you point out searcher)

Son of Gloin and searcher like this.
  40. Mujahideen

Silver stacker
    If I triggered you, I don’t apologize.

SS, Medicare/medicade, pensions go to old folks who typically receive less than what they put in and whine if you try to cut it.

gringott likes this.