1. Stocks continue to roll off recent highs, while metals catch a bid
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Thu Morning! Gold is up 6.6 to 1252, and Silver is up 17 to 16.55. Crude is up 26 to 4279. The USD is flat at 9721
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/10/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1271.40-- DOWN 8.80 Silver $17.22-- DOWN 30 Oil $45.83-- DOWN 1.83 USD $97.01 -- UP 37 TICS
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Tools & Equipment For DIY'ers, Homeowners, Gardeners, Wood Workers, Etc.

Discussion in 'Tools and Fixtures Ratings Threads' started by searcher, Oct 7, 2016.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Hitachi 10-Gallon Reserve Air Tank Model UA3810AB
    WorkshopAddict

Published on Feb 13, 2017
    Price the Hitachi 10-Gallon Reserve Air Tank on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2k3sIiw
    Volume Tank - The Hitachi 10 gallon ASME certified reserve tank – UA3810AB - will be an instant hit for framers or finish carpentry teams. With this 10 gallon reserve tank between your compressor and your nailer, the user will get a consistent pressure to their nail gun, reducing improper feeds or nails that are not flush. A constant PSI will be delivered to the tools through the 4 outlets directly on the tank along with one that can be regulated.

While this tank is fairly large and is heavy, there is a large benefit to contractors who currently use a single hose and splitters. If two or three guns go off at the same time, the air pressure in the small home is reduced and the outcome will be nails that are not shot to the proper depth.

Features

5 quick connect couplers allow for easy one handed connections of hoses and/or splitters
    Certified by the American Society of mechanical engineers (ASME), ensures compliance with laws and Regulations of all U.S. States
    Industrial ball (shut-off) valve on input allows tank to be filled and disconnected from compressor without it draining itself
    Roll cage design protects regulator and gauges
    Industrial pressure gauges are encased in steel for high durability
    PSI is King

No matter how many innovative battery solutions there might be on the market, right now, compressed air tools are running the construction industry. They are cheaper and currently more reliable when fed the proper PSI. The downside to these tools is the hose or hoses that go from the tool to the compressor. They can be long and the longer the hose the more time it will take for the hose to come back up to PSI after the nailer was fired. Hitachi's tank will regulate the PSI in the hose better because it will be closer to the tools being used and it provides much more volume in the system for quick recovery.

If you run long hoses and splitters, you know the problems that are caused by fluctuation PSI. Hitachi has a quality unit that is worth looking at!

2. searcher

Ryobi One+ 18V Cordless Brushless String Trimmer Review
    Doresoom Reviews

Published on Feb 19, 2017
    Thanks to Ryobi and Home Depot for providing a review sample.

Ryobi's venture into brushless OPE, the new 13" cutting diameter 18V string trimmer, model number P2009. (Note, all product listings have this as P2090, but the tag on the tool itself says P2009 - I suppose the kit could be the first, and the bare tool the second.)

Sorry for the lagging audio/video, guys. I only noticed it after I had shot everything on my phone and had moved on to editing.

3. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

Quick personal story about these pretty Troy Built 2 stage blowers. I have the one in the picture here.

Do not buy one! In typical chinese fashion some are OK some are total junk but most are in between. The one I have gives me trouble damn near every time I use it. It never wants to start, It floods out if you look at it sideways.
    It is picky as hell on the fuel and the carb gums up constantly even with fuel additives. The carb and every other part that you normally need to service is totally buried under layers of plastic and garbage levers and cables. Occasionally it runs great and does a great job.

This winter it started fine in the fall, then once it started snowing it just ran at about half power. I am ready to unload my .45 into it by now and start over. So in December I got the piece of worthless crap started and as soon as I took the choke off it went into a hyper high RPM small engine death scream. I knew if I shut it off it would never start again so I hit the auger and drive and rolled it out into the deep snow. I thought to myself "good you bastard, you can fix yourself or just fecking explode, I don't care."

I made it to from the pole barn to the road and the thing was screaming like a banshee and throwing snow damn near into the next county. I kept as heavy a load on it as possible in deep show and turned and went back down the drive heading for the house. Made a turn at the house and headed back toward the road still screaming like the hounds of hell.
    No engine can run like that for long so I was kind of staying back as far from the handlebars as I could and still steer the thing. I figured the head was going to blow straight up into the air and I was going to cheer like a football fan.

Then it kicked it's self down to normal RPM and just purred like a kitten. WTF? I finished the drive that day and the thing ran better than it ever has even when it was new. The next 2 times I ran it it started on the first pull and ran fantastic.

So in summary, don't buy one of these pieces of chinese shit. If you need a hard working 2 stage snowblower start in the spring and find a small engine repair guy who is reliable and ask him what is the best old blower, the one he likes best. Then go and find yourself a 20 or 30 year old American made machine and bring it to your small engine guy and have him rebuild it to like new.

You're Welcome! I'm here to help!! . . . . :2 thumbs up:

Hystckndle and searcher like this.
  4. searcher

Ryobi P601 One+ 18V Cordless Trim Router Review
    Doresoom Reviews

Published on Feb 25, 2017
    Ryobi just updated their cordless trim router design, moving from the P600 to the new P601.

5. searcher

AEG Stealth Drive - 18V Brushless Oil Pulse Driver (Ridgid)
    Oz Tool Talk

Published on Mar 5, 2017
    oztooltalk review our first ever oil impulse driver, the AEG Stealth Drive, BSS18OP. This brushless, 3-speed, 18V driver is super quiet compared to regular impact drivers, and shockingly powerful.

This product is known in the US as the Ridgid Stealth Force.

6. searcher

Milwaukee M18 String Trimmer 2725-21HD Tips & Review
    WorkshopAddict

Published on Mar 5, 2017
    Milwaukee Tool's 18 Volt String Trimmer is not your average 18v string trimmer! Power & runtime set it apart.
    It is the middle of winter here in Michigan and we are testing out the Milwaukee M18 String Trimmer with the new 9.0Ah battery. Lucky for us and those who want to know exactly how this unit performs, we have grass to cut! The Milwaukee M18 String Trimmer is a straight shaft trimmer with the motor located back by the battery and a shaft that drives the gear box by the trimmer head. The design is proven with many gas string trimmer models and a few other battery operated string trimmers. One item we like about this design is the ability to add grease to the trimmer head for longer life of the unit.

The Milwaukee M18 String Trimmer has some very awesome qualities and a few that we feel could be improved. Let's start with a few awesome qualities. First the string trimmer is very balanced with the 9.0Ah battery and it is not too light, but also not too heavy. The straight shaft is solid and feels very sturdy. The variable speed trigger works well and there is virtually no lag in the motor when starting it up. If you burp the trigger while the unit is running, there is a slight lag, but that is hardly worth mentioning. Power exceeds what we have seen from all other 18 volt string trimmers on the market. The guard located by the head is small, but effective. Very nice string trimmer that anyone with an acre of land or less would enjoy and finish their trimming on one charge.

Now for the few items that we feel would improve this string trimmer. Milwaukee added a computer controlled high and low to the string trimmer. That in itself is not bad as it does allow the user to conserve battery as it limits the RPMs to 4,600. Unfortunately, the switch is a push button with an LED light. We feel that over time this button will be full of grass and dirt. While the button might last, we feel this would have been a great place for a larger sliding switch. (WORKSHOP ADDICT MOD: We would label the switch with one side that says MANLY MODE and the other side says MEH.) We are not fans of the low setting on string trimmers as we feel that is what a variable speed trigger is for. Second, the string that is shipped with the string trimmer is weak at best. We changed it out for a quality .095 line right off the bat. A good .080 would work very well for a quality lawn cut. Changing the line is not hard, but there are a lot of great methods available and we are surprised Milwaukee did not take a different route with string loading.

Specifications

Cutting Swath 14" - 16"
    Voltage 18V
    Line Diameter 0.080" / 0.095"
    Feed System Bump Feed
    Length 70.6"
    Weight 9.9 Lbs
    Height 8.5"
    Width 8.8"
    Overall

The Milwaukee M18 Fuel String Trimmer will surprise you when it comes to power and runtime. Milwaukee states it will get up to an hour runtime on the box and we feel that would be on low feathering the trigger. In our heavy duty use testing, we averaged 21 minutes of runtime off the 9.0Ah battery. The low was 14 minutes and the high was 33 minutes. Take into consideration that a lot of our testing was in our woods with weeds and longer grass. We feel that one could easily take care of a one acre yard with the runtime this string trimmer supplies. The bonus to what Milwaukee Tool created in outdoor power equipment is the M18 battery. If you are using other Milwaukee tools, the 9.0Ah battery will help you with longer runtime on other tools.

This is an outdoor power equipment tool from Milwaukee that we would highly recommend. Watch our YouTube video to see us change the string to a better quality and how to maintenance the unit after 50 hours.

7. searcher

Ridgid Gen5X - 1 Gal. 18-Volt Air Compressor R0230 Review & Tips
    WorkshopAddict

Published on Mar 7, 2017
    Ridgid Gen5X Quality Air Compressor - Ridgid's Gen5X line has brought forth some high quality and very powerful tools sold through Home Depot. The new Ridgid Gen5X 1 Gal. 18-Volt Air Compressor comes to market with power and speed inside a package full of quality. The air compressor is 18 volt and can run on one or two of the Ridgid 18 volt batteries. When running two batteries, it can be any combination of the 2, 3, 4 or 5Ah batteries currently available. Runtime on Ridgid's cordless air compressor is pretty impressive as the brushless motor needs to kick on quite often due to the small size of the storage tank. Initial pump up from 0 to 120 psi is 54 seconds and recovery time is under 20 seconds. Those times are impressive when you compare it to other corded models on the market.

Break In

A break in procedure is very common in almost any air compressor and the Ridgid 18 volt oil free battery operated model is not exempt. Prior to using the air compressor, charge up two 4.0Ah battery packs and insert them into the air compressor. Flip the unit upside down and open the quarter turn ball valve on the bottom of the tank so the air compressor cannot build pressure. Set the compressor down on a flat surface and flip the switch to on. The air pressure gauges should not read any pressure building. Allow the air compressor to run for 30 minutes or until both batteries have been discharged. During this period you will hear the motor tone change. That is completely normal. Once complete, your compressor is ready to be used.

Features

Dual-power draw allows the compressor to run on both 1 or 2 batteries
    Brushless motor technology for superior power and runtime
    1 Gal. tank portable size for job site mobility
    Locking regulator holds knob in place to prevent unwanted pressure changes
    Universal push-to-connect quick coupler accepts both 1/4 in. automotive and industrial plugs with easy single-hand connection
    1/4 in. turn ball valve tank drain
    120 maximum PSI provides ideal pressure for an extended range of work
    Hose wrap for efficient hose storage management
    Perfect for Finish Nailers

Our use of the Ridgid 18 volt air compressor was with Ridgid pneumatic finish nailers. We tested the compressor to see how many shots could be fired before the tank went into recovery. With a 15 gauge nailer we could fire 7-8 shots, with a 16 gauge nailer we fired 8-9 shots and with an 18 gauge nailer we were able to fire 9-10 before the compressor would kick on. That does not sound like a lot, but what made that tolerable was the low noise from the compressor and the quick recovery rate. This is not going to be a finish contractor's main compressor, but it does provide a cordless option for completing a small job or punch list.

We know that there are many other uses for this compressor and we wanted to test a few of them out. When we used the compressor, both Jeff and I knew this unit would be stored in our trailer for use with a low tire or to pump up tires after we leave the sand dunes. We took a tire that was on the shop floor, drained it to 20 psi and refilled it to 36 psi in about 20 seconds. The compressor was running while we filled the tire and you could watch the PSI in the tank drop to match that of the tire. The compressor was able to push through the quick pressure loss and hold 50 PSI allowing us to keep filling at a good rate.

Overall

The Ridgid Gen5X air compressor is priced at $199 at Home Depot. While that seems like a high price because there are other larger corded models around that price, know that this unit, albeit only 1.0 scfm at 90 psi is a quiet and fast worker compared to others at that price.

This is one tool that we expected to be a hybrid tool allowing for it to run off a cord or via battery. While we see now that it is not needed due to the great runtime with multiple batteries, it still seems like a viable option.

If you purchase this unit, be sure to register it and keep the receipt as it has a 3 year warranty.

8. searcher

Harbor Freight's Tasmanian Devil: the 52cc Auger PowerHead
    Vicos

Published on Mar 15, 2017
    Today I take an in-depth look at Harbor Freight's 52cc Auger PowerHead with 6-inch bit (Item# 63022). I'm very pleased with the unit so far. However, warranty is only 90 days and I hope it holds up--at this point I have no reason not to believe that it will.

I paid $160 before tax and shipping.

See what I'm working next, follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/VicosVideos

DISCLAIMER: I do what I do in these videos because I feel comfortable doing so and God usually protects me from my own foolishness. Don't take risks and get yourself hurt just because I did it.

9. searcher

REVIEW: Powermate Tiller Model # PRTT196E from Home Depot
    Vicos

Published on Mar 12, 2017
    I take a pretty in depth look at this awesome little direct drive tiller, available from Home Depot. Includes footage of actual use and other things to look out for when selecting a tiller for your use.

To see it in action, jump to 10:00

Now on Twitter: https://twitter.com/VicosVideos

10. searcher

11. searcher

Milwaukee 18V Outdoor Power Equipment - Blower and String Trimmer
    Tools In Action

Published on Mar 22, 2017
    We take a look at the new OPE line from Milwaukee tool that uses their existing 18V battery platform.
    Visit us on the net: http://www.toolsinaction.com
    Watch us live on Periscope http://www.periscope.tv/ToolsInAction
    Visit the Power Tool Forum: http://professional-power-tool-guide....
    Instagram http://www.instagram.com/toolsinaction/
    Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/toolsinaction
    Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/toolsinaction
    Support us on Patreon http://www.patreon.com/toolsinaction
    Email us at social@toolsinaction.com
    Send us Snail Mail:
    Tools in Action
    PO Box 3854
    Barrington, IL 60011
    Get Tools in Action Gear: http://www.tiagear.com

12. searcher

Bosch GSA 18V 083B Reciprocating Saw
    Tools In Action

Published on Mar 21, 2017
    Check out this compact reciprocating saw on Amazon - http://amzn.to/2njIg5S
    Send us Snail Mail:
    Tools in Action
    PO Box 3854
    Barrington, IL 60011

13. searcher

RYOBI 38 in. Battery Electric Riding Lawn Mower- RM480e
    Tools In Action

Published on Mar 19, 2017
    We take a sneak peek at the new Electric riding lawn mower from RYOBI.
    Send us Snail Mail:
    Tools in Action
    PO Box 3854
    Barrington, IL 60011

14. searcher

Milwaukee M18 FUEL Blower vs Dewalt Flexvolt 60v Blower
    WorkshopAddict

Published on Mar 23, 2017
    Price the Milwaukee M18 Fuel Blower on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2nBKGgW
    Price teh Dewalt Flexvolt Blower on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2nC0Zud
    Milwaukee vs Dewalt - The Milwaukee M18 and Dewalt Flexvolt blowers are two new products that will appeal to anyone who owns the M18 or Dewalt 20 volt line. These two companies have done battle over voltage, amp hours, watt hours and innovation. Just as the Ford Mustang and Chevy Camaro, we can debate who is better between Milwaukee and Dewalt, but we will try to stick to our indoor testing and real world testing to come up with a path for those looking to purchase these new blowers.

Both of these blowers fall in the medium duty class, but due to the runtime, we classify them as construction or light duty blowers. If each could get 40 minutes of runtime, we would change that classification to medium as many more commercial people would look into theses blowers.

Runtime and performance are hot topics in battery operated outdoor power equipment. There is a battle by the manufacturer to produce the most efficient tool, but then balance the power output with runtime. In our testing the Dewalt Flexvolt 60v Blower was able to run 12 minutes 30 seconds on high on one charge. The Milwaukee M18 Fuel Blower was able to run for 15 minutes 50 seconds on one charge. Both tests we are full throttle.

Lab Testing

Our indoor tests are mean to give the viewer a visual of the power of each blower. Each test has issues with what it tests and how each blower will respond will sometimes depend on the design. Floating a ball on the blower tube while running the blower is mostly a test of MPH as a smaller tubed blower will do better in this situation. We seen that happen with the Dewalt Flexvolt. The larger tube higher CFM unit should be able to push something farther. But in our testing, the Dewalt was able to push items further than the Milwaukee. That could be because of the drag on concrete or how the wind deflected off the gas tank. Either way, "Lab Testing" results showed the Dewalt as the winner.

Real World Testing

We see it all the time with cars, sometimes the higher HP car is not the fastest at the track. Our indoor testing results flipped once we went out and blew some leaves around. The higher MPH of the Dewalt FlexVolt was able to get items up and moving fast but was unable to keep them moving once the items became scattered. The Milwaukee had a very broad path that it could blow and the CFM was able to keep items moving longer in a wider path.

Real world testing is what we like to rely upon. In this case though, you have two blowers that each do well. The Dewalt is able to get some items moving that the Milwaukee struggled with. But once the items were moving, the Dewalt could lose the battle while the Milwaukee started to shine.

Overall

These blowers are close in specifications and if you are already into one battery platform, the clear winner is the platform you own. If that is not the case, between the performance and ergonomics, we show the Milwaukee M18 Fuel Blower as the winner. The Dewalt FlexVolt is not a new design and is basically the Dewalt 40 volt redone to take the new battery. Left handed users will find the Dewalt harder to use due to the intake sucking air next to their leg and the cruise control being on the wrong side. The new design of the Milwaukee was more efficent as shown in the runtime and also easier to use outdoors.

15. searcher

16. searcher

Yardmax Power Wheelbarrow - High Powered Barrow - YD4103
    Real Tool Reviews

Published on Mar 26, 2017
    Yardmax recently introduced a gas-powered all-wheel drive powered wheelbarrow & sent us one to test out....this thing is a BEAST!

Unlike a regular wheelbarrow with one small tire on the front & relying on your sore back to push heavy loads around, this one has 4 wheels & requires zero effort (on your end) to move up to 660lbs of material around your property or job site.

We loaded it down to the max & drove it up/down hills, and through soft ground (spring rain here) --- with zero problems.

It is light enough empty (350lbs) to drive onto a small trailer or up a standard set of ramps into the bed of your pickup truck.

If you are a landscaper, general contractor, or the avid DIYer --- check out this PWB --- it is really impressive.

Get the Yardmax YD4103 @ Amazon here (affiliate link) - http://amzn.to/2n4EqK5

Here are the turf tires/rims (trailer tires x 4) that I bought at Harbor Freight - http://www.harborfreight.com/48-inch-...

Here are the conical stud lug nuts (M12-1.75) that I bought to work with the replacement rims :

Amazon - http://amzn.to/2n4sXu9

eBay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/272299959083

http://www.realtoolreviews.com

17. searcher

AEG Brushless 254mm Dual 18V Mitre Saw - 10-inch Sliding Compound
    Oz Tool Talk

Published on Apr 10, 2017
    AEG have brought out a world first Dual 18V 10" Sliding Compound Mitre Saw, the PSD18B-254X. Even more surprising, the saw can run on either one or two 18V batteries.

The 6Ah kit price of AU$799 is very affordable after a recent price drop, so does this saw compromise too much? Or is it just cracking value?

18. searcher

Hitachi C10RJ 10" Jobsite Table Saw with 35" Rip Capacity and Fold and Roll Stand
    WorkshopAddict

Published on Apr 10, 2017
    Price the Hitachi C10RJ 10" Table Saw on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2p9w4CD
    35" Rip Capacity - Hitachi Power Tools introduced their new C10RJ 10-inch jobsite table saw with 35" rip capacity and fold and roll stand design. Hitachi advertises this saw for ripping, cross cutting, and up to 13/16" dado cuts in hardwood. We found this saw to have the power, but also the safety and quality features one would expect from a portable contractors jobsite table saw.
    The Hitachi C10RJ saw has a 15-amp motor with soft start and electric break and spins at 4,500 RPM. While this is not a very large saw, it does have a nice size working table that measures 28-3/4" x 22". There is an adjustable out-feed support that will extend 4". The fence has three positions on the geared adjustment system allowing for a solid 35" rip capacity to the right and 22" rip capacity to the left. The fence system is adjustable, if for some reason the fence is out of square it can be brought back within seconds. The fence can rotate when extended beyond the table giving the user extra support for wide ripping of sheet goods.
    The new Hitachi table saw blade bevels between 0° to 45°. The maximum depth of cut is 3-1/8" at 0° and 2-1/4" at 45°. The included 3/4-inch T-slot miter gauge with adjustable positive stops at 0, 15, 30, 45, and 60 degrees.
    Hitachi C10RJ Features
    • Includes: saw, rolling stand, 10-in blade, miter gauge, blade guard, anti-kickback paws, and push stick
    • 15-amp soft start motor generates 4,500-RPM
    • 35-in right rip capacity and 22-in left rip capacity
    • Rip fence adjusts easily and offers extra support
    • Stable fold and roll stand is easy to set up and break down
    • Soft start and electric break for increased safety
    • 22-in x 28-3/4-in tabletop surface
    • Rear out feed support
    • 5-year limited warranty
    Quality & Feature Packed
    We were impressed that the Hitachi C10RJ was so smooth when in use. The soft start motor combined with a solid frame made for a quiet and vibration free table saw. The motor was capable of keeping the RPMs close to the 4,500 no load speed even when cutting at max capacity. One of the better features on the motor is the braking system. It was able to bring the blade to a stop in a few seconds and allowed for more productivity, and of course, safety.
    Many of the safety features on this saw are not seen. The motor also has an overload protection system to protect the tool. On the sides of the table sit the blade guard and anti-kickback paws. Hitachi's storage system for all the included items allows for this table saw to easily be loaded in a truck or trailer without hassle or worry that any item will fall or be left behind.
    Overall, we were very impressed with the power of the saw, but what really stood out was the cut capacity with the fence that rotated allowing for extra support. We were able to comfortably rip 3/4" OSB without a struggle. Hitachi is stepping up their game and solidly competing with the other jobsite table saws on the market.

19. searcher

Metal Cutting Circular Saw and Chop Saw
    sixtyfiveford

Published on Apr 9, 2017
    Dry Cut Saws are amazing. I have used these saws and I am very impressed. But see the amazing reviews for yourself. Evolution evosaw230 & evosaw380.

9" Circular Saw evosaw230- http://amzn.to/2pjimgD
    15" Chop Saw evosaw380 - http://amzn.to/2nYXM4M

BLADES have 20x longer life than abrasive discs:
    Chop Saw Blade
    14" Steel all purpose: http://amzn.to/2oQik3r
    14" Premium steel: http://amzn.to/2nZ6ZtT
    14" Aluminum: http://amzn.to/2oQo8dq
    14" Stainless Steel: http://amzn.to/2oX5VaQ
    Circular Saw Blades
    9" Premium Steel: http://amzn.to/2oQgRtZ
    9" Aluminum: http://amzn.to/2nYXGtV
    9" Stainless Steel: http://amzn.to/2oWRp2X
    9" Thin Steel: http://amzn.to/2oWWR5K

RAGE 2 14" Chop Saw Video:
    RAGE 2 saw: http://amzn.to/2pjoDJ6

20. searcher

DeWalt Table Saw vs Ridgid Table Saw Review
    John Taylor

Published on Apr 15, 2017
    Several of my viewers and subcribers suggested that I do a comparison of the DeWalt DW745 and the Ridgid R4516 table saws. If you are considering either of these saws for your shop I think you will find this video useful as I do an in-depth feature by feature comparison of these two popular power tools. Here are some of my other reviews. Comparison video series:
    Harbor Freight Miter Saw vs Ryobi Miter Saw: https://youtu.be/Vc4XDOtE5Ck
    Harbor Freight Table Saw vs Ryobi: https://youtu.be/LCJsNCTid-E
    HHarbor Freight Table Saw vs Craftsman: https://youtu.be/pLGcm4G5SDs
    Harbor Freight Table Saw vs DeWalt: https://youtu.be/re06YRI2R6E
    Harbor Freight Drill Press vs Craftsman: https://youtu.be/sgD2cFvN5e0
    DeWalt Table Saw vs Bosch: https://youtu.be/2P76b2p9Hj0
    Dewalt 7491 RS vs. the Bosch 4100-09: https://youtu.be/oV6uC2pOEvU
    How to get the most out of your power tools series:
    DeWalt DW745: https://youtu.be/vwHsJC453qY
    Harbor Freight Table Saw: https://youtu.be/xtGmRtbBzYU
    Harbor Freight Miter Saw: https://youtu.be/vS7RMYC2ZDU
    Harbor Freight Drill Press: https://youtu.be/tBocHyytcIU
    Ridgid Table Saw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TQSX...
    Bosch Table Saw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrMw7...
    Kobalt Miter Saw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6rJV...
    Back & Decker GH3000 Trimmer: https://youtu.be/dD-EsdZh5gg
    Harbor Freight Table Saw Noise Levels: https://youtu.be/F0_LGfc5MCI
    Miter Saw Stand Bench:
    https://youtu.be/Tj8ijIX54YE
    https://youtu.be/oEX9p9wkJTQ https://youtu.be/BUQOsF6jex0

21. searcher

Bosch Table Saw vs Ridgid Table Saw Review
    John Taylor

Published on Apr 15, 2017
    Maybe you are to the point in your search for a table saw where you are looking at the Bosch GTS1031 and the Ridgid R4516. If so, then I think you will find this video very helpful as I do an in-depth feature by feature comparison of these two popular table saws. Here are some of my other reviews:
    Comparison video series:
    DeWalt Table Saw vs Ridgid Table Saw: https://youtu.be/AQk7Z1dt94g
    Harbor Freight Miter Saw vs Ryobi Miter Saw: https://youtu.be/Vc4XDOtE5Ck
    Harbor Freight Table Saw vs Ryobi: https://youtu.be/LCJsNCTid-E
    HHarbor Freight Table Saw vs Craftsman: https://youtu.be/pLGcm4G5SDs
    Harbor Freight Table Saw vs DeWalt: https://youtu.be/re06YRI2R6E
    Harbor Freight Drill Press vs Craftsman: https://youtu.be/sgD2cFvN5e0
    DeWalt Table Saw vs Bosch: https://youtu.be/2P76b2p9Hj0
    Dewalt 7491 RS vs. the Bosch 4100-09: https://youtu.be/oV6uC2pOEvU
    How to get the most out of your power tools series:
    DeWalt DW745: https://youtu.be/vwHsJC453qY
    Harbor Freight Table Saw: https://youtu.be/xtGmRtbBzYU
    Harbor Freight Miter Saw: https://youtu.be/vS7RMYC2ZDU
    Harbor Freight Drill Press: https://youtu.be/tBocHyytcIU
    Ridgid Table Saw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TQSX...
    Bosch Table Saw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrMw7...
    Kobalt Miter Saw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6rJV...
    Back & Decker GH3000 Trimmer: https://youtu.be/dD-EsdZh5gg
    Harbor Freight Table Saw Noise Levels: https://youtu.be/F0_LGfc5MCI
    Miter Saw Stand Bench:
    https://youtu.be/Tj8ijIX54YE
    https://youtu.be/oEX9p9wkJTQ https://youtu.be/BUQOsF6jex0

22. searcher

23. searcher

Ryobi Brush Cutter Unboxing & Review by @GettinJunkDone
    Joe Robinson

Published on Apr 27, 2017
    A compromise between a full blown brush hog and a weed wacker/trimmer is a brush cutter. I got mine from Home Depot.

Be Sure to Checkout the Gettin' Junk Done Stores!

GJD Shirts & Gear: http://shop.spreadshirt.com/gettinjun...

GJD Stickers & Notebooks: http://www.redbubble.com/people/getti...

Thanks for watching!

Video Playlists by Topic

92 F150 - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
    BW1356 Transfer Case Rebuild - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
    F-Series & Bronco Headlight Upgrades - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
    General Auto Repairs - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
    Project Myles: Hypermiling a Hyundai Accent - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
    2009 Cadillac CTS Timing Chain - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
    Tool Reviews - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
    Landscaping - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
    @GettinJunkDone Explains Chemistry - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...

Please comment, like, subscribe and share!
    You can also fine me on Twitter - @GettinJunkDone

24. searcher

The Home Depot PROspetive - Paslode Nailers
    WorkshopAddict

Published on Apr 29, 2017
    The Home Depot PROspective even 2017. The Paslode booth was demonstrating the gas fire nailers. We discussed some of our prior experience with them in 2003 where the shelf life of the fuel was poor. They explain at the end of the video about the new fuel and its better shelf life. Paslode is the relied upon cordless framing nailer for the professionals.

25. searcher

26. searcher

RYOBI 3100 PSI Honda Powered Pressure Washer Review - RY80940B
    WorkshopAddict

Published on May 14, 2017
    Ryobi Cleaning Power - The Ryobi 3100-PSI Pressure Washer is a great homeowner grade pressure washer that can tackle most cleaning situations. Powered by a Honda GCV190 gasoline engine, you get 3100-PSI of force to clean cars, ATVs, driveways, decks, windows, and other areas around the house. We have talked about PSI and GPM in other videos, but in general, PSI gives you cleaning power and GPM gives you cleaning speed. The vertical shaft motor and pump allow the upright frame to be moved around without bending over. Integrated into the wand, a power control gauge rotates to allow the user to quickly adjust pressure at the wand tip. This model comes with a 5 in 1 wand attachment so there is no tip changes. The Ryobi 3100-PSI Gas Pressure Washer has a 3-year limited warranty.

Ryobi RY80940B Features

Powerful Honda GCV190 (187cc) OHC engine
    Idle down technology for fuel savings, reduced noise and longer engine life
    5-in-1 nozzle for easy spray-pattern changes
    25 ft. power flex hose bends like rope for easy management
    Maintenance free aluminum pump
    On-board detergent tank for hassle-free cleaning
    Roll cage frame design keeps engine protected in rough conditions
    3-year limited warranty
    30 day guarantee
    PSI & GPM

If you are looking for a pressure washer, it is good to keep in mind that the PSI of the unit is what does the actual cleaning. Approximately 3,000 PSI is about the cutoff from homeowner grade to low end commercial. But GPM also have a lot do to with the equation. The more GPM there is, the faster your surface will be cleaned. If you were to spill some soap on a driveway, would a cup of water or a five gallon bucket of water wash it away faster? This unit has a lower GPM, and that is what keeps it powered at homeowner grade.

Starting and Use

Ryobi has made this unit very simple to start and use. Even if you don’t read the manual before you put the pressure washer into service there are several guides on the unit itself that tell you what you need to know.

To start the unit from a cold start, you will need to pull out the choke, turn the gas supply on and then pull the starting cord. The unit should start within the first two pulls. These directions are of course laid out extremely well right on unit right where you will need it.

Rather than 4 or five nozzle tips, Ryobi uses a 5 in 1 attachment on this unit so you can quickly adjust between the different tips. This 5 in 1 has two soap options. One for a fan spray and one for a jet spray. The jet spray allows you to get soap up to the second story of your home without issue. That was a big bonus for this unit.

When using this unit, make sure you have water flowing to the pump before you start the engine. If you don’t have that water flow, you can wreck the pump. Since the vertical shaft pump that is supplied with this unit is basically unserviceable, you would need to replace the pump entirely to repair the damage.

The nice thing about this type of pump for homeowners is there is no required maintenance. As long as you are mindful of keeping water flow to the pump, it should last you quite a few years.

Final Thoughts

We have had a unit similar to this Ryobi pressure washer in the past and they have worked great. The Honda GCV190 engine starts and runs well and continues to run well for years. The 3100 PSI and 2.5 GPM are more than adequate for nearly all homeowners needs.

27. searcher

DEWALT FlexVolt 60V String Trimmer Review - DCST970X1
    WorkshopAddict

Published on May 10, 2017
    Price the Dewalt FlexVolt String Trimmer on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2qifnJU
    DEWALT FlexVolt OPE - DEWALT 60V FlexVolt tools hit the market with a promise to provide the power, runtime and durability for professional use. DEWALT followed up the professional construction tools with outdoor power equipment. Battery operated outdoor tools have become very popular as they become more powerful with longer runtime. With battery power becoming a more viable option for many homeowners, the thought of storing gasoline in the garage is becoming obsolete. String trimmers and blowers are the first to be migrated over to battery power with hedge trimmers and chainsaws following up.
    DCST970X1 Features

Gear drive design powers through tough overgrowth
    High-efficiency brushless motor maximizes run time and motor life
    15" cutting swath with 0.080" line (also accepts 0.095")
    Variable speed trigger with Hi/Lo speed control for added power or extended run time
    Lightweight and ergonomic design maximizes control and minimizes stress on your arms
    Designed to withstand everyday heavy-duty usage
    3 Year Limited Warranty - 1 Year Full Warranty - 90 Day Money Back Guarantee
    60 Volt Market

The DEWALT FlexVolt 60 volt platform will not keep up with the 56, 58 or 60 volt outdoor power equipment platforms. The FlexVolt platform does not outperform the DEWALT 40 volt line! The reason is simple. The FlexVolt platform in the 60 volt state is a 1P battery pack. Almost all the other brands who boast about long runtimes and high power run a 2P or 3P battery pack. Those battery packs have two to three times the amount of cells in them to provide the motors with a lot of power.
    Almost all battery operated string trimmers come with .080" dual line. In most cases, our first suggestion is to upgrade to a .095" line, but in this case, we recommend that a high grade .080" line replace the stock line. It was clear the first time the string hit the grass that the gearing used to produce the power and speed was doing its job. This unit has an rpm of 6,600 on high, still slightly less than most gas trimmers. But it had no issue keeping the line speed up and tearing through grass and weeds. But when pushed, there is not a lot of torque allowing the RPM to drop. When using .095" line, the lack of torque to keep the RPM's up is more evident.
    Gas Replacement

Will any of the current battery powered units be a gas replacement? No, and that answer is no because they all have limitations due to run time and attachments. With that said, if someone wanted just a string trimmer, this unit can be put in as a quality gas replacement due to the power and battery life. Even in a commercial setting, a single battery will last for most jobs and be able to charge while on the road to the next job.

While this might be one of the more expensive units, we believe that it is worth the cost as it will compete with the gas trimmers in the same price range. This unit took all the abuse we threw at it and never once stopped due to a motor or battery over heat. We am thrilled with it's performance and will continue to use this trimmer to see how long the unit and battery will last under our abuse.

28. searcher

Ego 56V Power Head System Review - String Trimmer, Pole Saw, Lawn Edger
    WorkshopAddict

Published on May 8, 2017
    No More Gas Can! - EGO is a company committed to deliver battery operated outdoor power equipment without sacrifices. In February of 2017, EGO expanded their 56V line of battery powered outdoor power equipment is a new Multi Head system. This system includes the Power Head (ph1400) along with the currently available attachments: Pole Saw (PSA1000), Edger (EA0800), and String Trimmer (STA1500).

The power head system with multiple attachments is the just the beginning of battery power taking over in lawn care. There are now the attachments, along with the power and runtime, to take care of your lawn without any gasoline. That is a large leap in technology, even from just a few years ago. We still see the need for gasoline powered outdoor power equipment in the commercial field at this time, but we do feel that will change over the next five to ten years.
    EGO PH1400 Features

Compatible with all EGO 56V Batteries
    Motor type - 2000W Brushless
    Rotation Direction: Counter Clockwise
    Speed Control Constant variable speed
    Drive shaft material: Splined solid steel
    Drive tube type: Aluminium
    2,000 Watt Brushless Motor - There were some major design changes needed to make this power head system work. In the past, EGO's string trimmer motor was located next to the string trimmer head. To make the power head work, they had to move the motor up by the battery and come up with an efficient way to deliver the power to the different attachments. The connection had to be solid and simple to use, but more importantly, not cause any loss in power. To accomplish everything, EGO put a 2,000 watt brushless motor in this unit. That may not sound like a lot to many, but that is a similar watt motor to what is used in their 21" mower.

EGO's power head system is still fully compatible with all of EGO’s 56V batteries and chargers, meaning you can have the power head system on top of any other Ego 56V products and share the same batteries and charger. The power head system works well with all batteries with the string trimmer, but we recommend moving up to a 5.0 or 7.5Ah battery for use with the pole saw and lawn edger. The power and runtime are more satisfying with a larger battery.

String Trimmer Line Replacement

We could go on and on about the EGO power head system, but we want to leave you with one last thought. Changing the string on the string trimmer head is as simple as pushing the line through the head and twisting it. No taking the head apart and wrapping line. Watch the video and check it out. It is awesome.

29. searcher

Troy-Bilt Bronco Tractor And Bagger Review AFTER 4 YEARS OF USE!
    Astral Auto Repairs

Published on May 14, 2017
    We have had this troy-bilt bronco tractor and the bagger since may of 2013, and decided to do this review for people interested in purchasing one.

30. searcher

31. searcher

Ingersol Rand Garage Mate 20 gallon air compressor review
    Mike's Tool Reviews

Published on May 20, 2017
    Ingersoll Rand P1.5lu Garage Mate 20 gallon oiled air compressor. by far my favorite tool even though I've been replacing some of my air tools with electric.

32. searcher

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  33. searcher

34. searcher

BOLTR: BEST IN CLASS? Makita Brushless Drill
    AvE

Published on May 27, 2017
    The Makita is the best of the prosumer brushless 1/2" hammer drills. We have a look at why; (it's the chuck). In previous vjos we compared the performance of the batteries against the DeWalt and Milwaukee.

35. searcher

Milwaukee M18 FUEL Metal Cutting Circular Saw Review - 2782-20
    WorkshopAddict

Published on Jun 1, 2017
    M18 Metal Circular Saw - The Milwaukee FUEL M18 5-3/8" Metal Saw is a compact and lightweight metal cutting saw designed for electrical, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC and general construction contractors. The M18 saw, model number 2782-20, has a Brushless PowerState Motor for longer battery life and more power. Milwaukee claims this saw will make over 370 cuts of 3/4" EMT on a single battery charge, almost doubling the battery life of the prior model 2682-20. Because of the saw's lightweight, 6.5 lbs, it is easy to use for overhead cuts or full day work with less fatigue. To help cut thin metal that could have some vibration, Milwaukee added an extra-large cut guide to help keep the users line of cut in view. There is also an impact resistant window with a LED light allowing excellent line of site for precise cuts, no matter the lighting. The stainless steel shoe reduces chip build-up to prevent surface marring. The M18 Metal Saw comes with a 5-3/8" 30T Carbide-Tipped Metal Saw Blade that makes cool, burr-free cuts through EMT, strut, threaded rod, sheet metal, angle iron and other ferrous materials.
    2782-20 M18 Fuel Features

30T Carbide-Tipped Metal Saw Blade
    Impact-Resistant Cut Window
    LED Light Operated by Safety
    Integrated hang hook
    Stainless Steel Shoe
    FUEL Brushless Motor
    3,900 RPM
    2-1/4” Cut Capacity (with 5-7/8” blade)
    20mm Arbor Size
    5-3/8” to 5-7/8” Blade Size
    Weight: 6.5 lbs.
    Cool Cuts

This type of metal cutting, including much larger miter saws, are very popular for cutting metal in Europe. Watching some of the very intricate and accurate cuts made by these cool cutting circular saws had me very interested in them. Because our garage is used for storing cars and also metal work, we try to limit the amount of cutting that can put metal dust or fine particles in the air. They can attract in areas of cars or car covers and scratch the car if they are moved or rubbed. Metal circular saws create much larger chips that are easier to clean up and are not hot. Immediately after your cut, the metal can be handled without worry of burning or cutting your hand from burrs. The ability to cut metal in this manner makes this saw great for the construction trades. Work can keep moving and be completed faster because there is no waiting over hot metal or deburring of edges.

Low RPM

Out of the few metal cutting saws that wehave used like this, Milwaukee has the lowest RPM. This gearing of the motor seems to add more torque and is a great strategy for better cuts. The lower RPM is that it allows for easier cuts over thin metal, like metal siding and roofing. The cut speed seems to be about the same as higher RPM saws, but the saw and cut line are more controllable. The blade used by Milwaukee could also have something to do with how well it cuts. When doing a combination of wood and metal cutting, the saw was a bit slower, but still very accurate and controlled. These saws are not designed to cut wood, but it is a benefit that it can easily cut sheathing if needed.

Overall

Milwaukee has a great design for a small metal saw that is light weight and has solid ergonomics to be used overhead if need be. The LED light and clean sight of the cut line is excellent. We enjoyed the saws smooth and vibration free feeling. If you do a fair amount of metal cutting and have not used a saw like this we suggest you check them out. Metal circular saws make less of a mess with little to no heat buildup.

36. searcher

37. searcher

Misleading In Price - This Hitachi Reciprocating Saw Is SO Much Better Than I Was Expecting!
    ChuckE2009

Published on Jun 5, 2017
    This Wicked CR13V2 Saw on Amazon:
    http://amzn.to/2s88rzz

Highly Recommend Metal Cutting Blades (That I used in this video)
    http://amzn.to/2stYGZM

38. searcher

Hustler & Mom Hot New Zero Turn Raptor Mower. Hold the Stifler's Mom comments :-)
    Banshee Moon

Published on Jun 3, 2017
    SAFETY ADVISORY BELOW. Hustler & Hot Mom Zero Turn Raptor Mower. Hustler raptor has a kohler. 50 year old youtube star, Farm Girl. Hold the Stifler's Mom comments :-) This is pretty American Pie though. Exoman picked this zero-turn mower up at lowes at a good price. Not pro - commercial grade lawn care equipment but probably one of the better mowers at the best price.

From the manufacturer: For serious high performance zero-turn mowing at the best value, you need the Hustler Raptor. The Raptor is designed to the highest standards, and built with the same great quality Hustler has been committed to for over 50 years.

39. searcher

Ryobi 40V 20" Bushless Mower Unboxing
    jerry bskorner

Published on Jun 8, 2017
    Get the Ryobi 40v brushless Mower here http://amzn.to/2rCDguT

Ryobi redefines cordless lawn mowers with the second generation 20 in. 40-Volt Brushless Mower. Featuring Gas-Like Power, this mower has an intelligent brushless motor with load sensing technology, allowing it to detect and deliver the power needed to maintain an optimal cutting speed. This means the mower will not get bogged down in overgrown patches of grass and, when additional power is not needed, increases run time by saving the battery. The Ryobi Brushless Mower has a large 20 in. cutting deck, and with its mulching or bagging option, you can get the job done quickly and just the way you like. The best part, this mower includes convenient, easy-to-use features that make it the perfect option for any user. With its push button start and 7-position single point height adjustment, you’re ready to begin in seconds without having to mess with gas and oil. This mower has an adjustable telescoping handle that can be set to the perfect height for you, maximizing comfort and reducing fatigue. For easy and compact storage, the handle has quick-release knobs and the mower is designed to be stored vertically. If you have close neighbors or prefer mowing in the cooler evening hours, this whisper quiet mower with high intensity LED headlights is the perfect solution. This mower is equipped with a 5.0 Ah 40-Volt Lithium-ion high capacity battery for extended runtime. Works with all Ryobi 40-Volt lithium-ion tools and batteries Powerful brushless motor delivers gas-like power Load sensing technology - maximizes power and efficiency Includes 40-Volt 5.0 Ah high capacity battery for extend run time

40. searcher

Harbor Freight Folding Trailer 1000 Mile Review by @GettinJunkDone
    Joe Robinson

Published on Jun 8, 2017
    My thoughts on Harbor Freight's folding trailer after 1000 miles.

Be Sure to Checkout the Gettin Junk Done Stores!

GJD Shirts & Gear: http://shop.spreadshirt.com/gettinjun...

GJD Stickers & Notebooks: http://www.redbubble.com/people/getti...

Thanks for watching!

Video Playlists by Topic

92 F150 - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
    BW1356 Transfer Case Rebuild - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
    F-Series & Bronco Headlight Upgrades - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
    General Auto Repairs - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
    Project Myles: Hypermiling a Hyundai Accent - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
    2009 Cadillac CTS Timing Chain - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
    Tool Reviews - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
    Landscaping - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
    @GettinJunkDone Explains Chemistry - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...

Please comment, like, subscribe and share!