1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Trade 40% Silver Halves for ASE's?

Discussion in 'Purchasing Precious Metals' started by FthePolice, Jan 29, 2017.

1. FthePolice

FthePolice New Member

I have a dealer that will give me 91% of melt for 40% halves. He'll trade at that level too. I have a lot of 40% and wanted to know if it was a good idea to trade for ASE's or just take cash when I am ready to sell?

2. SilverBuyer

SilverBuyer Silver Member Silver Miner

Hold and sell for cash when ready. By switching out you are just paying an unnecessary transaction fee.

91% is not a bad price for selling to a dealer, but for example Provident Metals is currently paying 93.5% so its not an amazing offer that you can't pass up.

FthePolice likes this.
  3. FthePolice

FthePolice New Member

Good point, I Coin Roll Hunted these Halves. I've sold some to dealers before but still have 120 coins left. I figure I could get 12-13 ASE's for them. Or I could go bars and rounds. I haven't sold to Provident before but I do know it's a $1,000.00 limit. That shouldn't be a problem when I'm ready but I am in stacking mode and was thinking having higher quality silver would be nicer. And the extra space would be cool too.

4. glockngold

glockngold Gold Member Gold Chaser

We're talking 300 bucks or less here.
    Dump em, & buy something you like.

stAGgering and Irons like this.
  5. FthePolice

FthePolice New Member

I constantly accumulate 40% silver through coin roll hunting. So does my girlfriend. This would be an ongoing thing with the dealer that would add up to some higher value. I don't know, I just stocked up on ASE's but you can never have enough!

6. ttazzman

ttazzman Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter

commercial/ industrial-construction/engineering/ma
    i wouldnt worry about it till you get into a space issue........i personally have a space issue and would probably swap 90% for some stacker kind of bars if i could without losing ........would definitely swap out for gold if the GSR was in better shape

7. glockngold

glockngold Gold Member Gold Chaser

How's that working out for ya?
    Back during silver's last run up, I spent 3 years of buying a box at the bank every Monday.
    They were hitting me up with a $3.00 per box service charge.
    I did a little better than break even overall, but after the thrill was gone, decided the time was better spent elsewhere.
    I sold my 40% to a fella here on the board that needed to finish off a bag for a Provident sale.
    My other silver I just use as a weight to keep my tin barn roof from blowing off.
    At least it's good for something........... :rage 1

8. FthePolice

FthePolice New Member

The only thing that worries me is dealer changes in buy back pricing. 91% sounds good now but that could change to something as low as 80%. The space issue isn't too much of a worry right now as I just got a new safe. I have not sold to Provident in the past and with shipping and insurance I assume I would lose the 2.5% that was brought up earlier.

Coin Roll Hunting Halves has been fun. I have pulled out just over 60 ounces of silver in about a year. My girlfriend and I do 4 boxes of halves a week on Friday nights. Yes, there have been some dry spells but when you hit a vein it's fun. Probably a lot less silver now then when you were doing it in 2011.