1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Trip Reports - Expat Experiences

Discussion in 'Others-Electronics, Photography, Gardening?' started by searcher, Oct 15, 2017.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

AER LINGUS REGIONAL (Stobart Air) ATR 42-300, Newquay/Cornwall to Dublin
    Paul's Trip Reports

Published on Oct 15, 2017

Date of Travel: OCTOBER 2017
    Airline: STOBART AIR for AER LINGUS REGIONAL
    Aircraft: ATR 42-300
    Livery: Aer Lingus Regional standard

Route: NQY-DUB
    Tail number: EI-CBK
    Miles: 212
    Airborne time: 1h21m
    Notes: Delayed 11 min due to medical emergency on another aircraft at Dublin

Thanks for finding my video and pressing play!

Don’t you just love random routes from little airports? Newquay-Cornwall to Dublin is one of those!

This was a pleasant short flight on board an aircraft which is an antique by European standards - 27 years old - older than a lot of my subscribers, I guess! I also love the fact that Newquay has a small airport lounge as well (thanks Priority Pass!), which had only me and one other visiting that morning. It was sad to see at least four Monarch aircraft parked in various places at Newquay, awaiting distress buyers. RIP Monarch and thanks for the memories - I remember flying on an A300 from Gatwick to Malaga like it was yesterday.

Newquay is a long way away from the bustle of Heathrow and Gatwick and is a pleasure to use. It’s also got a long and proud history as RAF St Mawgan (and even earlier as RAF Trebelzue). Cornwall is a really underrated part of the world - and an underrated region of England, come to think of it.

Enjoy the report.

Do you have any ideas for future trip reports? Something you've never seen on YouTube before? Why not suggest it to me in the comments? I read every single one!

Enjoy the video, and thanks for watching. If you subscribe, then thanks for being part of the channel!

BA FIRST CLASS TO HOUSTON: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_O8FpAe...

SLEEPER TRAIN?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKQgk...

#paulstripreports #vlog #review #flying #travel #aviation #avgeek

2. searcher

The VERY FIRST GWR Class 800 Hitachi Super Express Train! Monday 16th October 2017
    Paul's Trip Reports

Published on Oct 16, 2017

Firstly, let me say - I’ve edited this really quickly on the same day as the trip... so if it’s a bit rough round the edges - forgive me!

Train log: http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train...

Over the coming years most of Britain’s iconic Class 43 High Speed Trains (HSTs) will be replaced by the Hitachi IEP Trains. GWR call theirs the Class 800 “Super Express”.

Today, I had the absolute privilege of being on the VERY FIRST service train, the 0600 Bristol TM - London Paddington. But...trains aren’t supposed to have such a bumpy start to service! A cancellation for technical reasons, a reinstatement, a platform change, broken air con, a pantograph fault... this trip had it all. But for all the faults, I thought the 800 was a pretty solid train.

What do you think of the train? Or the launch today? Leave me a comment!

Enjoy the trip, and don’t forget to subscribe!

Music: Huma Huma - First Day

3. searcher

The Upper Peninsula of Michigan: The Full Nick Shabazz Review
    Nick Shabazz

Published on Oct 22, 2017
    Today, I'm going to review the second largest object on the channel to date, behind the Cold Steel Espada XL: Michigan's Upper Peninsula. We'll talk about the good, great, bad, and the ugly of this Gem of a landmass.

4. searcher

BRITAIN’S BEST TRAIN: The GWR Pullman service “Royal Duchy” - London to Cornwall
    Paul's Trip Reports

Published on Oct 22, 2017

This is, in my opinion, Britain’s best public train. With a full service Pullman restaurant, a first class carriage, classic HST diesel haulage and a trip into England’s riviera county, Cornwall, this is the real deal. This one’s called the Royal Duchy after the Duchy of Cornwall (the Duke himself is Prince Charles).

The only thing that could make this trip better was the weather! We start at Paddington and wend our way down the Great Western Main Line, past Exeter, the Dawlish sea wall, and Plymouth, and crossing the most iconic railway bridge in England - Brunel’s magnificent Royal Albert Bridge.

My journey took me to Newquay so I alighted here at Par for the branch line to take me there. The cost of the ticket? £38.00 in first class. The meal in the Pullman car? Well that was more than the ticket! Well worth it though and I STRONGLY recommend you take this train or another of GWR’s Pullmans (all the Pullman trains are here: https://www.gwr.com/plan-journey/jour...) if you can manage it.

Enjoy the report.

Oh, here’s the Realtimetrains link (it’s free to use and totally awesome): http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk

Do you have any ideas for future trip reports? Something you've never seen on YouTube before? Why not suggest it to me in the comments? I read every single one!

Enjoy the video, and thanks for watching. If you subscribe, then thanks for being part of the channel!

GWR CLASS 800, THE NEXT GENERATION: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AvRmOOq...

#paulstripreports #vlog #review #trains

Music courtesy of Philip E Morris and Kronicle

***DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE!***

5. searcher

AIR NOSTRUM (for Iberia Regional) CRJ1000 Trip Report: Malaga to Madrid
    Paul's Trip Reports

Published on Oct 28, 2017

Date of Travel: AUGUST 2017

Airline: AIR NOSTRUM for IBERIA REGIONAL
    Aircraft: CRJ-1000
    Livery: Iberia Regional with “Vigo” special vinyls

Route: AGP-MAD
    Tail number: EC-MJO
    Miles: 267
    Airborne time: 0h58m
    Notes: None

One of my absolute pet hates with aircraft is when seats don’t line up with windows! I fell victim to this on this flight and had to crane my hand to film out of the window...occupational hazard I guess.

This is a short flight on a regional jet - a CRJ1000 - from Malaga to Madrid. It was scorching that day, and in case you’re wondering why I’m introducing the video wearing a jacket, it’s because the air con at Malaga airport was turned right up to 11!

The gap between so called full service airlines and budget carriers gets ever narrower. Nothing came free on this flight despite being a top tier Oneworld Emerald member. My view is reinforced that status is a game the customer doesn’t usually win and that’s partly why I’m stepping out of that game to fly with whoever I fancy. Lounge access was welcome - though I could have got in using my Priority Pass as well!

Enjoy the report.

Music courtesy of Ikson

6. searcher

KLM CITYHOPPER EMBRAER 175 - Flying with Sunil from “Window Seat”, Humberside to Amsterdam!
    Paul's Trip Reports

Published on Nov 5, 2017

The time I really did manage to get on a Fokker 70: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=__aREvs...

Date of Travel: OCTOBER 2017
    Airline: KLM CITYHOPPER
    Aircraft: EMBRAER 175
    Livery: KLM CITYHOPPER Standard livery
    Route: HUY-AMS
    Tail number: PH-EXG
    Miles: 231
    Airborne time: 0h42m
    Notes: Collaboration with “Window Seat”

Thanks for finding my video and pressing play! (And SORRY for the sound issues on a few of the GoPro clips - I wasn’t able to fix this with the editing tools I have. Fortunately I’m starting to edit on Adobe Premiere as of next month! Thank you Patrons for contributing so I can afford the subscription!! )

Something a little bit different this week. I ramble on for a bit at the beginning of this video (whoops), but hopefully it’ll give you some context about the video. I think it also shows how difficult it can be to organise making this sort of content.

Humberside is one of the novelty Regional airports scattered around Britain that I haven’t yet “ticked off” (other airports like this are Durham Tees Valley and Newquay for example!). KLM have had a link to Amsterdam for as long as I can remember and is probably the marquee route for this small, strange former RAF base in the middle of North Lincolnshire. The hotel room I stayed in even looks out onto a Schiphol Road.

It was great to meet Sunil (unexpectedly!), and while it was disappointing to miss out on the retirement of one of my favourite aircraft, I really love the Embraers. Big windows, decent legroom, and a sleek design make it an aircraft I’m building a soft spot for.

If you’re a trip reporter with an established channel on YouTube, let me know if you’d like to collaborate with me in future!

Farewell Fokker 70.

Enjoy the report.

7. searcher

FLYBE Dash-8 Q400 Trip Report: Newcastle-Southampton
    Paul's Trip Reports

Published on Nov 11, 2017

Date of Travel: NOVEMBER 2017
    Airline: FLYBE
    Aircraft: BOMBARDIER DASH 8-Q400
    Livery: FLYBE old white livery
    Route: NCL-SOU
    Tail number: G-JECX
    Miles: 282
    Airborne time: 1h03m

This trip takes us on a UK Domestic flight which travels entirely within England. Newcastle and Southampton are, in my opinion, the two best regional airports in the UK, with excellent transport connections, good route options and great passenger facilities.

Flybe have always struck me as a somewhat unremarkable airline (though they do have an impressive route network). Their workhorse is the Dash 8 Q400, which is my least favourite aircraft. Why? Partly irrationality, but I really don’t like Bombardier aircraft. CRJs happen to be my least favourite jet aircraft and the Dash 8s always seem flimsy and frankly a bit ugly.

The weather in Newcastle was superb - a shame the same couldn’t be said for Southampton! Next international flights I have are a real mix. It’ll be a very busy long weekend at the end of the month, as I travel using Edelweiss, Helvetic, Blue Air, and Swiss using five different aircraft types (and I’m really looking forward to trying my first CS100...hoping it breaks my dislike of Bombardier products!).

Enjoy the report.

Music courtesy of YouTube Audio Library
    Silent Partner - Riding
    MBB - Fresh

8. searcher

The Amtrak EMPIRE BUILDER - three days crossing Big Sky Country!
    Paul's Trip Reports

Published on Aug 27, 2017

This week's video is a real treat, and one I know lots of you have been waiting a very long time for. I have lots of subscribers who came to my channel through other train trip videos I've done - and you've been patient. Hopefully, this 30 minute bumper trip report (the longest I've ever done) will quench your appetite for epic train journeys.

This is a quintessentially American experience and is the ONLY way you should consider going across Big Sky Country - if you have three days to spare, that is.

The Amtrak Empire Builder. Where to start? Well, here's the official route guide: https://www.amtrak.com/ccurl/229/381/...

And here's a great description of the route from Wikipedia: The train passes through Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Illinois. It makes service stops in Spokane, Washington, Havre, Montana, Minot, North Dakota, and Saint Paul, Minnesota. Its other major stops include Vancouver, Washington, Whitefish, Montana, Fargo, North Dakota, and Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It uses BNSF Railway's northern route from Seattle to Minneapolis, Minnesota Commercial from Minneapolis to St. Paul, Canadian Pacific from St. Paul to Glenview, and Metra from Glenview to Chicago.
    From Seattle, the northern segment uses the Cascade Tunnel and Stevens Pass as it traverses the Cascade Range to reach Spokane, while the southern segment departs Portland and runs along the north side of the Columbia River Gorge. The eastbound cars merge into one train at Spokane. The train continues into the mountains in eastern Washington and northern Idaho. Amtrak organizes the schedule so the train will pass through the Rocky Mountains (and Glacier National Park) during daylight, but this is more likely on the eastbound train during summer. Passengers can see sweeping views as the train skirts the southern edge of the park, crossing the Continental Divide at Marias Pass.
    After three short stops near Glacier National Park— Whitefish, Montana, West Glacier, Essex (a flag stop), and either East Glacier in the summer or Browning in the winter, the train enters the Northern Plains of eastern Montana and North Dakota. The land changes from prairie to forest as it travels through Minnesota. From Saint Paul Union Depot, the train crosses the Mississippi River at Hastings, Minnesotaand passes through southeastern Minnesota cities on or near Lake Pepin before crossing the Mississippi again at La Crosse, Wisconsin. It passes through rural southern Wisconsin, turns south at Milwaukee, and ends at Chicago Union Station.

I really hope the video speaks for itself.

Enjoy the report.

9. searcher

TRANS SIBERIAN RAILWAY PACKING GUIDE! - What to Pack for the Trans Siberian Railway Journey!
    TheTravelingClatt

Published on Nov 15, 2017
    TRANS SIBERIAN RAILWAY PACKING GUIDE! - What to Pack for the Trans Siberian Railway Journey! We are taking the Trans Siberian Railway across Siberian Russia to Asia! Here what you need to know when it comes to packing for this crazy journey!

10. searcher

Ireland’s Cross-Border Express: Enterprise, FIRST PLUS: Dublin to Belfast
    Paul's Trip Reports

Published on Nov 19, 2017

More about the Enterprise: http://www.irishrail.ie/Enterprise

The full menu: http://www.translink.co.uk/Documents/...

In this video I take one of Europe’s forgotten trains - the Enterprise. This is the service connecting the two Irish capitals, Dublin in the Republic with Belfast in Northern Ireland. The journey takes around 2 hours and 15 minutes on the fastest weekday services.

This is an international train, as Northern Ireland is part of the UK. The open and invisible border between the two means our journey is seamless and easy, with no passport or customs checks needed.

First Plus - now seemingly also branded Enterprise Plus - is very comfortable indeed and is well patronised. In fact, on this trip there were a number of senior MLAs (members of Northern Ireland’s devolved Parliament) on board, though they aren’t pictured! One of the reasons this train feels roomy and comfortable is the fact that Irish trains run on a broader gauge - rails are five feet apart as opposed to European gauge used in Britain of four feet eight and a half inches.

Autumn and winter aren’t the best for filming - lots of reflections and it being dark outside made for a fair amount of unusable footage....argh.

For those of you who like to keep track of this sort of thing, yep - I took this journey immediately after my Newquay to Dublin flight with Aer Lingus!

Enjoy the report.

11. searcher

TRANS SIBERIAN BEGINS! - Boarding the Trans Siberian Railway
    TheTravelingClatt

Published on Nov 21, 2017
    TRANS SIBERIAN BEGINS! - Boarding the Trans Siberian Railway. Today we board the Trans Siberian Railway! From Moscow we will travel all the way to Irkutsk and the Vladivostok in Russia's far east. Super excited for this journey.

12. searcher

TRANS SIBERIAN RAILWAY! 3RD CLASS TOUR! Accommodation on the Trans Siberian Railway
    TheTravelingClatt

Published on Nov 22, 2017
    TRANS SIBERIAN RAILWAY! 3RD CLASS TOUR! Accommodation on the Trans Siberian Railway. Today on the Trans Siberian we give you a TOUR of our 3rd class accommodation. Trans Siberian journey from Moscow to Vladivostok.

13. searcher

TRANS SIBERIAN RAILWAY FOOD! - Food on the Trans Siberian Railway Journey!
    TheTravelingClatt

Published on Nov 23, 2017

Hystckndle likes this.
  14. searcher

TRANS SIBERIAN TO IRKUTSK! - Trans Siberian Railway Journey Irkutsk, Russia
    TheTravelingClatt

Published on Nov 24, 2017
    TRANS SIBERIAN TO IRKUTSK! - Trans Siberian Railway Journey Irkutsk, Russia. Welcome to SIBERIA. Welcome to Irkutsk. We arrive today in the city of Irkutsk in the middle of Siberia and have the coolest time hanging in the Z Hostel Irkutsk.

15. searcher

VLM are BACK! Fokker 50 flight experience, London City to Antwerp
    Paul's Trip Reports

Published on Nov 25, 2017

Airline: VLM
    Flight #: VO102
    Aircraft: FOKKER 50
    Livery: VLM standard livery
    Route: LCY-ANR
    Tail number: OO-VLI
    Miles: 192
    Airborne time: 0h51m
    Notes: First time on VLM since 2009

When I heard VLM had started up again having gone bust over a year ago, I knew I had to take the opportunity to fly with them again. I’ve a soft spot for them, having first been impressed with them back in 2009 when I travelled with them on the Manchester to London City route. Plus, they operate Fokker 50s and there are very few opportunities to fly on them, particularly in Europe.

VLM have restarted using a Slovenian certificate, and they’re now based in Maribor, Slovenia although the airline’s history is distinctly Belgian. London to Antwerp is their only route right now (Antwerp having been a former base of theirs), and it’s a business rather than a leisure route.

As this is a business route with a lot of the tickets being bought on expenses, don’t expect very cheap tickets. Mine cost me £109 single, which is expensive - but worth it to catch the unique experience of a quirky airline operating a beloved and rare aircraft.

Enjoy the report.

16. searcher

SIBERIAN FISH MARKET TASTE TEST - Listvyanka Market - Lake Baikal - Russia
    TheTravelingClatt

Published on Nov 26, 2017
    SIBERIAN FISH MARKET TASTE TEST - Listvyanka Market - Lake Baikal - Russia. Today we head to Listvyanka, a Siberian village near the massive Lake Baikal and we taste fish in the market. Our reactions were precious to say the least!

17. searcher

HELVETIC AIRWAYS (for Swiss Airlines), Business Class, Embraer 190: Brussels to Zürich
    Paul's Trip Reports

Published on Nov 30, 2017

Airline: HELVETIC AIRWAYS (operating for Swiss)
    Flight #: LX781
    Aircraft: EMBRAER 190
    Livery: Helvetic standard livery
    Route: BRU-ZRH
    Tail number: HB-JVM
    Miles: 300
    Airborne time: 0h53m
    Notes: First time flying Helvetic (or any Swiss Airlines flight!)

Welcome to a BONUS MIDWEEK VIDEO!

I’ll be posting a few of these bonus videos in the run up to Christmas to “use up” all the reports I’ve filmed on my iPhone. I’ve got some great content planned for January 2018 using a new, proper camera and some professional editing software.

Helvetic are a strange airline. They run their own flights, mainly on a charter basis, but as in this report they subcontract to Swiss International Airlines on certain intra-European routes. On this short hop in business class, follow me though the whole journey, with a bit of a focus on the excellent Brussels Airlines “Loft” Lounge at Brussels Airport.

Overall, a pleasant flight on one of my favourite aircraft, the Embraer 190. Despite the 30 minute delay I enjoyed this flight, though it did help my hotel in Zurich was just a 5-minute tram ride from the airport!

This flight was booked as part of a complex multi-city itinerary with Swiss Airlines (including a 6-month stopover and a surface sector) so the costs I paid probably won’t be reflective of your own plans, if you’re interested!

The trip report I talk about in the beginning of the video is here - VLM Airlines London to Antwerp: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h2dmE6d...

Another trip will be coming on Sunday, as always.

Enjoy the report.

18. searcher

EDELWEISS (for Swiss Airlines) - BUSINESS CLASS trip report, Zurich to Birmingham
    Paul's Trip Reports

Published on Dec 3, 2017

Airline: EDELEWISS (operating for Swiss)
    Flight #: LX420
    Aircraft: AIRBUS A320
    Livery: Edelweiss standard livery
    Route: ZRH-BHX
    Tail number: HB-IHX
    Miles: 572
    Airborne time: 1h33m
    Notes: First time flying Edelweiss

Edelweiss are one of those airlines you don’t really hear much about. Here, I take one of their A320s between Zurich and Birmingham on an early morning flight. This was operated for Swiss, so all the onboard service etc is governed by them, rather than Edelweiss.

Enjoy the spectacular dawn light as we cross Europe heading for England, as well as all the usual highlights of lounge, onboard service and all phases of the flight.

Overall, a decent flight - but having ditched BA some months back it does appear that they offer a better breakfast than Swiss. It’s not hard to microwave a hot breakfast...but hey, maybe it’s a cultural thing! I guess the English have a thing for cooked breakfasts!

This flight was booked as part of a complex multi-city itinerary with Swiss Airlines (including a 6-month stopover and a surface sector) so the costs I paid probably won’t be reflective of your own plans, if you’re interested!

I have lots of videos coming out, including in midweek in the run up to New Year. Make sure you have your notifications set!

Enjoy the report.

19. searcher

WORST Flight of the year: BLUE AIR trip report, Birmingham - Cluj/Napoca, Boeing 737-800
    Paul's Trip Reports

Published on Dec 9, 2017

Airline: BLUE AIR
    Flight #: 0B3752
    Aircraft: Boeing 737-800
    Livery: Liverpool Music City special Blue Air livery
    Route: BHX-CLJ
    Tail number: YR-BMH
    Miles: 1199
    Airborne time: 2h34m
    Notes: Awful!

This is the worst flight experience I’ve had...if not ever, then certainly since I launched my channel a little over two years ago.

I’m an enthusiast and by default I enjoy flying. I’m positive about travel and although I try to remain honest, I’ll always be upbeat about what I’m doing where I can. After all, nobody wants to watch some guy flying round the world telling people week in week out how much it all sucks. But today’s report is an exception, because this was undeniably a completely rubbish experience and Blue Air don’t really care in my opinion.

I won’t waffle on in long paragraphs, just read this list of why it sucked:

BIRMINGHAM AIRPORT:

- Airport/station shuttle not working. No staff to explain why or how to get to the airport. Found my own way after giving up. No signposted route from the shuttle so it took me 30 minutes to walk trailing my bag.
    - Awful, awful security line. Never seen it so bad at Birmingham, a normally good airport - and an airport I would normally advocate for. No idea what the issue was. Spent £5 to go fast track. Irritating.

BLUE AIR:

- Check in is contracted out to a third party. Agent wasn’t sure if my bag would be through checked to Bucharest, my final destination or whether I’d need to collect and recheck in Cluj. So I wasted 30 minutes in Cluj watching all the bags come out before concluding that it was indeed through checked.
    - Boarding nonsense. Blue Air don’t have a monopoly on this trick, but I really really hate “boarding” and then waiting on a freezing cold/boiling hot airbridge while the aircraft actually gets ready. That’s plain inhospitable - keep us in the terminal where it is room temperature and don’t wind people up doing this!
    - Tired cabin with obvious lack of maintenance on an older airframe.
    - Inexplicably small storage net on the seat backs.
    - Some of the worst scratches on a window I’ve ever seen. This made filming very hard when the sun was at certain angles. This meant I’ve had to make a decision not to use significant portions of footage including the takeoff roll (which is normally a mandatory part of my videos). Sorry if you like the takeoffs; I do too, but you couldn’t see anything and the footage was totally unusable. I don’t put stuff out that’s unwatchable.
    - DIDN’T GET WHAT I PAID FOR - my meal wasn’t loaded. That was my dinner, and I’d paid for the meal as part of my fare. The crew did not even seem aware I was supposed to have a meal even though it’s in my booking confirmation and AVML was printed on my boarding card confirming this (for geeks: yes, AVML is Asian vegetarian meal but budget airlines use these codes to just denote “this guy’s ordered a standard meal”).
    - Inappropriate material in an inflight magazine which will be read by children. Very surprised to see that if I’m honest. I found it hilarious, but also recognise that stuff ought not to be in an inflight magazine...
    - Had a seat change without prior notification on my connecting flight, CLJ-OTP. Window to aisle. Luckily that was not a trip I planned to make a video on but I hate aisle seats and given my fare was top whack and included “preferential” seating it sucked more than usual.
    - Went to complain at Blue Air’s website. The complaint field on the contact form has space for just 140 characters, the same as an old style Twitter message. Yep, condense the above into 140 characters to complain. This is the worst part in my opinion. It sums up the whole experience. Maddening, illogical, and not customer friendly.

I actively chastise people who turn their nose up at budget carriers but this poor experience was a shock to the system.

I have lots of videos coming out, including in midweek in the run up to New Year. Make sure you have your notifications set!

Enjoy the report.

20. searcher

The SUPERB C-Series CS100 - my new favourite aircraft! SWISS INTERNATIONAL, Zurich - London City
    Paul's Trip Reports

Published on Dec 14, 2017

Airline: SWISS INTERNATIONAL AIRLINES
    Flight #: LX456
    Aircraft: Bombardier CS-100
    Livery: Swiss standard livery

Route: ZRH-LCY
    Tail number: HB-JBC
    Miles: 472
    Airborne time: 1h24m
    Notes: First flight on a C Series aircraft

Woah, the C-Series is a great aircraft.

This was my first ever flight on one. I wasn’t really sure I’d like it. I don’t like any other Bombardier aircraft - I find the CRJ series natty and poorly built and I have an aversion to the Dash 8 which is an aircraft that’s never really inspired my confidence.

But the C-Series is different. It’s a wonderful, airy, pleasant ambience. And not to mention quiet. This was a perfect winter midday flight. Glassy smooth with good views from the large and nicely shaped windows. It was one of those flights that made me happy to be alive, just cruising around in the blue sky in a shiny new aircraft.

Build quality in the aircraft felt solid. Everything got a little pull or a knock from me to check it was nicely built. I liked the tray table apparatus which secures your tray from being moved when the person in front reclines. That’s thoughtful. I also really appreciate the extra width the cabin offers over the Embraer regional jets (which are excellent, EXCELLENT aircraft by the way).

I very much hope the C-Series is a commercial success. It’s a simple but impressive piece of kit...and of course, it operates into my favourite UK airport - London City.

Enjoy the report.

21. searcher

MOVING TO MANILA! - American Moving to The Philippines!
    TheTravelingClatt

Published on Dec 13, 2017
    MOVING TO MANILA! - American Moving to The Philippines! Today we move to our new home THE PHILIPPINES! Metro Manila will be our new home :D

22. searcher

My JetBlue experience
    TheReportOfTheWeek

Published on Dec 20, 2017
    The thrilling tale about a flight I took.

My Amtrak video I refer to ►https://youtu.be/6tpmzgmr2Bs

Please SUBSCRIBE ► http://bit.ly/2f3eGzy

*.*Official MERCH STORE*.* ► http://bit.ly/2wfJuAn

HELP Support TheReportOfTheWeek at PATREON ► http://bit.ly/1Q2g9zX

PAYPAL donations are greatly appreciated at E-mail ► repweekinterview1@gmail.com

TWITTER: @TROTWOfficial ► https://twitter.com/TROTWOfficial

AMAZON Products I Like ► http://amzn.to/2oCUMjt

VORW RADIO programs can be heard on the following shortwave frequencies each THURSDAY:
    6 PM Eastern - 9955 kHz to South America
    7 PM Eastern - 7730 kHz to Western North America
    8 PM Eastern - 7490 kHz to North America
    8 PM Eastern - 9455 kHz to Southwestern North America
    8 PM Eastern - 9395 kHz to North America

Ways to listen to the VORW Radio Program ► https://pastebin.com/8fUCAEs6

VORW Radio Show Broadcast Archive ► https://soundcloud.com/vorw_radio_int

23. searcher

FIRST CLASS, Sheffield to London St Pancras International with East Midlands Trains
    Paul's Trip Reports

Published on Dec 17, 2017

Here’s a little trip report I’ve had in my back pocket for a while. I travelled on this trip back in September (as you can probably tell from the weather!) and finally got around to editing it.

East Midlands Trains offer some of the best value first class fares in the whole country. This trip took just over two hours and cost just £16.50 (that’s with a third off thanks to my railcard), fantastic value. These cheap fares can only usually be found in the middle of the day, outside the peak. So what better way to travel to London than in first class?

There is a lunch menu on board East Midlands Trains. Link to the PDF here: https://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/...

So join me as I travel on a 125mph-capable Class 222 Meridian train and race south down one of Britain’s perhaps lesser known main lines.

For those of you wanting to see more train trips...I have another one coming out in the next week or so, Plus I’ve got plans to film something great - and a bit different - in January.

Enjoy the report.

24. searcher

MANILA TO CORON BY FERRY! - 2GO Ferry from Manila to Coron Town!
    TheTravelingClatt

Published on Dec 21, 2017
    MANILA TO CORON BY FERRY! - 2GO Ferry from Manila to Coron Town! Today we leave Manila en route to Coron! So excited to head to Palawan on the 2GO ferry!

25. searcher

SWISS INTERNATIONAL Business Class Flight Experience: A319, Bucharest - Zürich
    Paul's Trip Reports

Published on Dec 24, 2017
    Tip jar: http://paypal.me/paulstripreports (all money goes towards paying for MORE content!)

Airline: SWISS INTERNATIONAL AIRLINES
    Flight #: LX1885
    Aircraft: Airbus A319
    Livery: Swiss standard livery

Route: OTP-ZRH
    Tail number: HB-IPY
    Miles: 864
    Airborne time: 2h03m

Merry Christmas! I’m releasing this on Christmas Eve (UK) and hope you all have a relaxing and happy Christmas.

This is a short report focusing on a standard Swiss International A319 flight between Bucharest and Zurich, in business class. I’ve found Swiss to be a good quality carrier and this trip was no exception.

Bucharest-Otopeni Airport is one of the few pieces of infrastructure in Bucharest which is efficient and modern. I’ve been here a few times and the new terminal is airy and pleasant. It’s also efficient and sensibly laid out, and there are a few airline lounges to choose from (though they are mostly the same!).

The only real complaint I can make is about the weather! Every time I’m in Bucharest I’m treated to this depressingly grey low cloud with poor visibility! So, there’s not a huge amount to see on the ground with this video, although the inflight service was top-notch thanks to a great crew.

Enjoy the report.

26. searcher

Manchester to Milton Keynes Central with VIRGIN TRAINS, First Class
    Paul's Trip Reports

Published on Dec 31, 2017

This report wasn’t meant to come out today and I explain why in the video.

I have done quite a few Virgin Trains videos and won’t be making any for a while, so I can focus on more variety next year (if you want to know my plans, look at the Community tab in my channel, or your notifications, I posted a post about them yesterday!).

Overall a fairly standard trip with Virgin West Coast. However, Virgin should be under no illusion that what they serve on board is NOT a dinner. The purpose of them serving hot meals on board is because their morning and evening trips cross breakfast time and dinner time. This gives busy people the opportunity to eat their meal on the train and not have to worry about getting up early for a breakfast, or make a dinner when they get home. There’s no way their tiny third of a fish with one potato and a few strips of root vegetables is a dinner! This was surprising because their breakfasts are quite sufficient.

As this was a night trip there’s not much to see outside so apologies if you feel this report is a bit light on content. However, starting next Sunday, new look Trip reports are coming in 4K HD, so sit tight and I hope you’re looking forward to 2018 as much as I am!

Make sure you have your notifications set!

Enjoy the report and Happy New Year!

27. searcher

Avoiding Toxic Expats - Philippines, Part 1of3
    LifeBeyondTheSea - Philippines

Published on Sep 5, 2013
    http://www.lifebeyondthesea.com - Like the drunk uncle at a family gathering or the proverbial fly in the wineglass.. Expat Trolls, the bitter complainers, make their unwanted presence every so often in the Expat community, both online and in real life.

___ About Me.. After 49 years living in Southern California, USA, I decided to move to the Philippines despite never having been here before. I spent a year getting all the information I could online and in July, 2012, I took a leap of faith and transplanted myself first to Mactan and then to the beautiful island of Bohol here in the amazing Philippines.

I am a single man taking an honest look at all that the islands here have to offer, one day at a time. I hope you find my LBTSea site informative, entertaining and hopefully.. both. :) Be sure to visit the Forum and Monthly Diary. Browse around and get updates via the LBTSea Newsletter. http://www.LifeBeyondTheSea.com

28. searcher

29. searcher

30. searcher

Street Beggars, At Home & Abroad -Part 1of2 ; Philippines

Published on Sep 16, 2013
    http://www.lifebeyondthesea.com - What is the proper perspective regarding if or when to help a street beggar. Are the rules different for one's home country versus being in a 2nd or 3rd world nation? I share one viewpoint. What are your thoughts on this?

31. searcher

Street Beggars, At Home & Abroad -Part 2of2 ; Philippines

Published on Sep 16, 2013
    http://www.lifebeyondthesea.com - What is the proper perspective regarding if or when to help a street beggar. Are the rules different for one's home country versus being in a 2nd or 3rd world nation? I share one viewpoint. What are your thoughts on this?

32. searcher

CSA CZECH AIRLINES Free Business Class Upgrade: Birmingham to Prague, Airbus A319
    Paul's Trip Reports

Published on Jan 7, 2018

Date of Travel: DECEMBER 2017
    Airline: CSA CZECH AIRLINES
    Flight #: OK663
    Aircraft: Airbus A319
    Livery: “Hello Prague” special livery

Route: BHX-PRG
    Tail number: OK-NEP
    Miles: 710
    Airborne time: 1h47m
    Notes: Free Upgrade to Business!

Welcome to 2018! This is my first video posed using my new camera, a Panasonic Linux DMC-LX15. Previously, night flights were almost not worth filming as my iPhone wasn’t able to deliver acceptable image quality. So this is a mainly experimental trip report; I’m testing out the capabilities of the camera here, and just seeing what it can do.

I’ve no idea why the Business Class Upgrade was given to me. The flight wasn’t full and I don’t have any sort of status with CSA. You’ll notice there’s only one row of Business: me and one other passenger. However the curtain divider only goes forward as far as Row 2, so strangely there was a row of economy class in the “mini cabin” with us.

Also really surprising that our flight, at 2105, was the last of the evening. Birmingham is a reasonably busy airport and I would have expected flights to run a lot later than that!

Overall, a decent flight with a meal. It’s always good to have a gin and tonic in the air!

Enjoy the report.

33. searcher

Drive across Cebu Philippines- Cebu City to Talisay, Naga, Carcar, Dalaguete ✅
    Chris in Cebu

Published on Jan 5, 2018

34. searcher

I LOVE CEBU - Cebu Plaza Independencia History
    TheTravelingClatt

Published on Jan 11, 2018
    I LOVE CEBU - Cebu Plaza Independencia History. Today we explore Plaza Independencia in Cebu. Magellan's Cross, the Basilica del Santo Nino, and Fort San Pedro.

35. searcher

Philippines Expat: 2 Ferries 1 Night - Cebu to Negros to Mindanao by Sea ✅
    Chris in Cebu

Published on Jan 8, 2018

36. searcher

JET2 - What’s Britain’s cheesy holiday airline like? Prague to Birmingham: Boeing 737-800
    Paul's Trip Reports

Published on Jan 14, 2018

Date of Travel: DECEMBER 2017
    Airline: JET2
    Flight #: LS1278
    Aircraft: Boeing 737-800
    Livery: Base white and blue, no Jet2 titles

Route: PRG-BHX
    Tail number: G-JZBC
    Miles: 710
    Airborne time: 1h53m
    Notes: Brand new aircraft

A lot of you have been asking when I’d be publishing this video. Well, here it is! I travelled back from Prague to Birmingham on Jet2. This is a relatively new route for Jet2 as they branch out from more traditional Sun destinations to other leisure routes.

One of the things that I really appreciate when flying a new airline is when that airline lives up entirely to its marketing. I love it when an airline absolutely KNOWS, with total confidence, what its selling point is, what the reason for its existence is, and then delivers that experience to the paying customer. What I mean by that is, for example, I don’t actually know what British Airways promise any more. Are they budget? Are they a luxury carrier? Are they patriotic? I love it when you get an airline that knows what they are! Like Southwest (fun, efficient, warm), Cathay Pacific (aspirational, hospitable, luxury), or in this case Jet2 (cheesy, cheap, cheerful). Cheap and cheerful is absolutely fine with me! But you’d better make sure you are both a) cheap, and b) cheerful...

Overall this was a very good value flight, and it goes to show that flying budget can be every bit as good as flying with a legacy airline. Jet2 are a really fun airline without being excessively irritating. This was shot a few weeks before Christmas and I was surprised to hear them playing proper Christmas pop songs on boarding (Mariah Carey, Wizzard and Jona Lewie being among the artists being played). Not sure how expensive the royalties are! However I’ve had to cover the music up with some of my own so I don’t get a copyright strike.

This flight was full of people who had enjoyed a weekend in Prague, one of Europe’s top cities to have a weekend break in. There was a good atmosphere on board and the crew were excellent. Sitting at the front it was noticeable how hard they worked, as the service and upselling continued throughout the whole flight. Upselling on aircraft can be very irritating - those of you who know about Ryanair’s scratch cards or some carriers in the US rambling on about credit cards will know what I mean - but Jet2 managed to do pull this off without being too over the top.

The aircraft itself was brand new with a Boeing Sky interior - seats were excellent and mine had almost unlimited legroom (a bargain at £16!). What a pleasure to fly on such a new bird.

I was really surprised by Jet2 and I’m glad people recommended I take them, as they’re not an airline I’d normally keep on my “radar”.

Enjoy the report.

RAF Cardington Wikipedia page: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_C...

37. searcher

CEBU TO BORACAY BY FERRY!?! - 3 day sea journey to Boracay
    TheTravelingClatt

Published on Jan 18, 2018
    CEBU TO BORACAY BY FERRY!?! - 3 day sea journey to Boracay. Today we begin to journey to Boracay from Cebu. A long 3 day journey in the Philippines across Cebu island Panay and Boracay.

38. searcher

Cebu City Street Walk: Fuente Circle Capitol Site Philippines ✅
    Chris in Cebu

Published on Jan 16, 2018

39. searcher

FOREIGNERS FIRST BATCHOY in ILOILO! - Iloilo, Philippines Food and City Tour
    TheTravelingClatt

Published on Jan 19, 2018

40. searcher

UNDERGROUND PARADISE - BOHOL Cave Pools - Philippines Vlog 06
    Travel in Twos

Published on Jan 12, 2018
    BOHOL WAS AMAZING!! We didn't know it at the time but Bohol was probably the highlight of our Philippines adventure!

This was our first day in Bohol and we decided to rent motorbikes and explore the island of Panglao, the rain had other plans! We spent most of the day at Hinagdanon Cave Pool - a must see!

We stayed at Bohol Vantage Resort on Panglao Island.

Thanks for watching! Salamat po!

Hope you guys are enjoying our Travel Vlogs! Stay tuned for more!

S U B S C R I B E ❤