1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Trip Reports - Trains, Planes & Automobiles

Discussion in 'Others-Electronics, Photography, Gardening?' started by searcher, Oct 15, 2017.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

AER LINGUS REGIONAL (Stobart Air) ATR 42-300, Newquay/Cornwall to Dublin
    Paul's Trip Reports

Published on Oct 15, 2017

Date of Travel: OCTOBER 2017
    Airline: STOBART AIR for AER LINGUS REGIONAL
    Aircraft: ATR 42-300
    Livery: Aer Lingus Regional standard

Route: NQY-DUB
    Tail number: EI-CBK
    Miles: 212
    Airborne time: 1h21m
    Notes: Delayed 11 min due to medical emergency on another aircraft at Dublin

Thanks for finding my video and pressing play!

Don’t you just love random routes from little airports? Newquay-Cornwall to Dublin is one of those!

This was a pleasant short flight on board an aircraft which is an antique by European standards - 27 years old - older than a lot of my subscribers, I guess! I also love the fact that Newquay has a small airport lounge as well (thanks Priority Pass!), which had only me and one other visiting that morning. It was sad to see at least four Monarch aircraft parked in various places at Newquay, awaiting distress buyers. RIP Monarch and thanks for the memories - I remember flying on an A300 from Gatwick to Malaga like it was yesterday.

Newquay is a long way away from the bustle of Heathrow and Gatwick and is a pleasure to use. It’s also got a long and proud history as RAF St Mawgan (and even earlier as RAF Trebelzue). Cornwall is a really underrated part of the world - and an underrated region of England, come to think of it.

Enjoy the report.

Do you have any ideas for future trip reports? Something you've never seen on YouTube before? Why not suggest it to me in the comments? I read every single one!

Enjoy the video, and thanks for watching. If you subscribe, then thanks for being part of the channel!

BA FIRST CLASS TO HOUSTON: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_O8FpAe...

SLEEPER TRAIN?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKQgk...

#paulstripreports #vlog #review #flying #travel #aviation #avgeek

2. searcher

The VERY FIRST GWR Class 800 Hitachi Super Express Train! Monday 16th October 2017
    Paul's Trip Reports

Published on Oct 16, 2017

Firstly, let me say - I’ve edited this really quickly on the same day as the trip... so if it’s a bit rough round the edges - forgive me!

Train log: http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train...

Over the coming years most of Britain’s iconic Class 43 High Speed Trains (HSTs) will be replaced by the Hitachi IEP Trains. GWR call theirs the Class 800 “Super Express”.

Today, I had the absolute privilege of being on the VERY FIRST service train, the 0600 Bristol TM - London Paddington. But...trains aren’t supposed to have such a bumpy start to service! A cancellation for technical reasons, a reinstatement, a platform change, broken air con, a pantograph fault... this trip had it all. But for all the faults, I thought the 800 was a pretty solid train.

What do you think of the train? Or the launch today? Leave me a comment!

Enjoy the trip, and don’t forget to subscribe!

Music: Huma Huma - First Day

3. searcher

The Upper Peninsula of Michigan: The Full Nick Shabazz Review
    Nick Shabazz

Published on Oct 22, 2017
    Today, I'm going to review the second largest object on the channel to date, behind the Cold Steel Espada XL: Michigan's Upper Peninsula. We'll talk about the good, great, bad, and the ugly of this Gem of a landmass.

4. searcher

BRITAIN’S BEST TRAIN: The GWR Pullman service “Royal Duchy” - London to Cornwall
    Paul's Trip Reports

Published on Oct 22, 2017

This is, in my opinion, Britain’s best public train. With a full service Pullman restaurant, a first class carriage, classic HST diesel haulage and a trip into England’s riviera county, Cornwall, this is the real deal. This one’s called the Royal Duchy after the Duchy of Cornwall (the Duke himself is Prince Charles).

The only thing that could make this trip better was the weather! We start at Paddington and wend our way down the Great Western Main Line, past Exeter, the Dawlish sea wall, and Plymouth, and crossing the most iconic railway bridge in England - Brunel’s magnificent Royal Albert Bridge.

My journey took me to Newquay so I alighted here at Par for the branch line to take me there. The cost of the ticket? £38.00 in first class. The meal in the Pullman car? Well that was more than the ticket! Well worth it though and I STRONGLY recommend you take this train or another of GWR’s Pullmans (all the Pullman trains are here: https://www.gwr.com/plan-journey/jour...) if you can manage it.

Enjoy the report.

Oh, here’s the Realtimetrains link (it’s free to use and totally awesome): http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk

Do you have any ideas for future trip reports? Something you've never seen on YouTube before? Why not suggest it to me in the comments? I read every single one!

Enjoy the video, and thanks for watching. If you subscribe, then thanks for being part of the channel!

GWR CLASS 800, THE NEXT GENERATION: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AvRmOOq...

#paulstripreports #vlog #review #trains

Music courtesy of Philip E Morris and Kronicle

***DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE!***

5. searcher

AIR NOSTRUM (for Iberia Regional) CRJ1000 Trip Report: Malaga to Madrid
    Paul's Trip Reports

Published on Oct 28, 2017

Date of Travel: AUGUST 2017

Airline: AIR NOSTRUM for IBERIA REGIONAL
    Aircraft: CRJ-1000
    Livery: Iberia Regional with “Vigo” special vinyls

Route: AGP-MAD
    Tail number: EC-MJO
    Miles: 267
    Airborne time: 0h58m
    Notes: None

One of my absolute pet hates with aircraft is when seats don’t line up with windows! I fell victim to this on this flight and had to crane my hand to film out of the window...occupational hazard I guess.

This is a short flight on a regional jet - a CRJ1000 - from Malaga to Madrid. It was scorching that day, and in case you’re wondering why I’m introducing the video wearing a jacket, it’s because the air con at Malaga airport was turned right up to 11!

The gap between so called full service airlines and budget carriers gets ever narrower. Nothing came free on this flight despite being a top tier Oneworld Emerald member. My view is reinforced that status is a game the customer doesn’t usually win and that’s partly why I’m stepping out of that game to fly with whoever I fancy. Lounge access was welcome - though I could have got in using my Priority Pass as well!

Enjoy the report.

Music courtesy of Ikson

6. searcher

KLM CITYHOPPER EMBRAER 175 - Flying with Sunil from “Window Seat”, Humberside to Amsterdam!
    Paul's Trip Reports

Published on Nov 5, 2017

The time I really did manage to get on a Fokker 70: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=__aREvs...

Date of Travel: OCTOBER 2017
    Airline: KLM CITYHOPPER
    Aircraft: EMBRAER 175
    Livery: KLM CITYHOPPER Standard livery
    Route: HUY-AMS
    Tail number: PH-EXG
    Miles: 231
    Airborne time: 0h42m
    Notes: Collaboration with “Window Seat”

Thanks for finding my video and pressing play! (And SORRY for the sound issues on a few of the GoPro clips - I wasn’t able to fix this with the editing tools I have. Fortunately I’m starting to edit on Adobe Premiere as of next month! Thank you Patrons for contributing so I can afford the subscription!! )

Something a little bit different this week. I ramble on for a bit at the beginning of this video (whoops), but hopefully it’ll give you some context about the video. I think it also shows how difficult it can be to organise making this sort of content.

Humberside is one of the novelty Regional airports scattered around Britain that I haven’t yet “ticked off” (other airports like this are Durham Tees Valley and Newquay for example!). KLM have had a link to Amsterdam for as long as I can remember and is probably the marquee route for this small, strange former RAF base in the middle of North Lincolnshire. The hotel room I stayed in even looks out onto a Schiphol Road.

It was great to meet Sunil (unexpectedly!), and while it was disappointing to miss out on the retirement of one of my favourite aircraft, I really love the Embraers. Big windows, decent legroom, and a sleek design make it an aircraft I’m building a soft spot for.

If you’re a trip reporter with an established channel on YouTube, let me know if you’d like to collaborate with me in future!

Farewell Fokker 70.

Enjoy the report.

7. searcher

FLYBE Dash-8 Q400 Trip Report: Newcastle-Southampton
    Paul's Trip Reports

Published on Nov 11, 2017

Date of Travel: NOVEMBER 2017
    Airline: FLYBE
    Aircraft: BOMBARDIER DASH 8-Q400
    Livery: FLYBE old white livery
    Route: NCL-SOU
    Tail number: G-JECX
    Miles: 282
    Airborne time: 1h03m
    Notes: None

This trip takes us on a UK Domestic flight which travels entirely within England. Newcastle and Southampton are, in my opinion, the two best regional airports in the UK, with excellent transport connections, good route options and great passenger facilities.

Flybe have always struck me as a somewhat unremarkable airline (though they do have an impressive route network). Their workhorse is the Dash 8 Q400, which is my least favourite aircraft. Why? Partly irrationality, but I really don’t like Bombardier aircraft. CRJs happen to be my least favourite jet aircraft and the Dash 8s always seem flimsy and frankly a bit ugly.

The weather in Newcastle was superb - a shame the same couldn’t be said for Southampton! Next international flights I have are a real mix. It’ll be a very busy long weekend at the end of the month, as I travel using Edelweiss, Helvetic, Blue Air, and Swiss using five different aircraft types (and I’m really looking forward to trying my first CS100...hoping it breaks my dislike of Bombardier products!).

Enjoy the report.

Music courtesy of YouTube Audio Library
    Silent Partner - Riding
    MBB - Fresh

8. searcher

The Amtrak EMPIRE BUILDER - three days crossing Big Sky Country!
    Paul's Trip Reports

Published on Aug 27, 2017

This week's video is a real treat, and one I know lots of you have been waiting a very long time for. I have lots of subscribers who came to my channel through other train trip videos I've done - and you've been patient. Hopefully, this 30 minute bumper trip report (the longest I've ever done) will quench your appetite for epic train journeys.

This is a quintessentially American experience and is the ONLY way you should consider going across Big Sky Country - if you have three days to spare, that is.

The Amtrak Empire Builder. Where to start? Well, here's the official route guide: https://www.amtrak.com/ccurl/229/381/...

And here's a great description of the route from Wikipedia: The train passes through Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Illinois. It makes service stops in Spokane, Washington, Havre, Montana, Minot, North Dakota, and Saint Paul, Minnesota. Its other major stops include Vancouver, Washington, Whitefish, Montana, Fargo, North Dakota, and Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It uses BNSF Railway's northern route from Seattle to Minneapolis, Minnesota Commercial from Minneapolis to St. Paul, Canadian Pacific from St. Paul to Glenview, and Metra from Glenview to Chicago.
    From Seattle, the northern segment uses the Cascade Tunnel and Stevens Pass as it traverses the Cascade Range to reach Spokane, while the southern segment departs Portland and runs along the north side of the Columbia River Gorge. The eastbound cars merge into one train at Spokane. The train continues into the mountains in eastern Washington and northern Idaho. Amtrak organizes the schedule so the train will pass through the Rocky Mountains (and Glacier National Park) during daylight, but this is more likely on the eastbound train during summer. Passengers can see sweeping views as the train skirts the southern edge of the park, crossing the Continental Divide at Marias Pass.
    After three short stops near Glacier National Park— Whitefish, Montana, West Glacier, Essex (a flag stop), and either East Glacier in the summer or Browning in the winter, the train enters the Northern Plains of eastern Montana and North Dakota. The land changes from prairie to forest as it travels through Minnesota. From Saint Paul Union Depot, the train crosses the Mississippi River at Hastings, Minnesotaand passes through southeastern Minnesota cities on or near Lake Pepin before crossing the Mississippi again at La Crosse, Wisconsin. It passes through rural southern Wisconsin, turns south at Milwaukee, and ends at Chicago Union Station.

I really hope the video speaks for itself.

Enjoy the report.

9. searcher

TRANS SIBERIAN RAILWAY PACKING GUIDE! - What to Pack for the Trans Siberian Railway Journey!
    TheTravelingClatt

Published on Nov 15, 2017
    TRANS SIBERIAN RAILWAY PACKING GUIDE! - What to Pack for the Trans Siberian Railway Journey! We are taking the Trans Siberian Railway across Siberian Russia to Asia! Here what you need to know when it comes to packing for this crazy journey!

10. searcher

Ireland’s Cross-Border Express: Enterprise, FIRST PLUS: Dublin to Belfast
    Paul's Trip Reports

Published on Nov 19, 2017

More about the Enterprise: http://www.irishrail.ie/Enterprise

The full menu: http://www.translink.co.uk/Documents/...

In this video I take one of Europe’s forgotten trains - the Enterprise. This is the service connecting the two Irish capitals, Dublin in the Republic with Belfast in Northern Ireland. The journey takes around 2 hours and 15 minutes on the fastest weekday services.

This is an international train, as Northern Ireland is part of the UK. The open and invisible border between the two means our journey is seamless and easy, with no passport or customs checks needed.

First Plus - now seemingly also branded Enterprise Plus - is very comfortable indeed and is well patronised. In fact, on this trip there were a number of senior MLAs (members of Northern Ireland’s devolved Parliament) on board, though they aren’t pictured! One of the reasons this train feels roomy and comfortable is the fact that Irish trains run on a broader gauge - rails are five feet apart as opposed to European gauge used in Britain of four feet eight and a half inches.

Autumn and winter aren’t the best for filming - lots of reflections and it being dark outside made for a fair amount of unusable footage....argh.

For those of you who like to keep track of this sort of thing, yep - I took this journey immediately after my Newquay to Dublin flight with Aer Lingus!

Enjoy the report.

11. searcher

TRANS SIBERIAN BEGINS! - Boarding the Trans Siberian Railway
    TheTravelingClatt

Published on Nov 21, 2017
    TRANS SIBERIAN BEGINS! - Boarding the Trans Siberian Railway. Today we board the Trans Siberian Railway! From Moscow we will travel all the way to Irkutsk and the Vladivostok in Russia's far east. Super excited for this journey.

12. searcher

TRANS SIBERIAN RAILWAY! 3RD CLASS TOUR! Accommodation on the Trans Siberian Railway
    TheTravelingClatt

Published on Nov 22, 2017
    TRANS SIBERIAN RAILWAY! 3RD CLASS TOUR! Accommodation on the Trans Siberian Railway. Today on the Trans Siberian we give you a TOUR of our 3rd class accommodation. Trans Siberian journey from Moscow to Vladivostok.

13. searcher

TRANS SIBERIAN RAILWAY FOOD! - Food on the Trans Siberian Railway Journey!
    TheTravelingClatt

Published on Nov 23, 2017