1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Trump defends gun owners

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by FoundingFathers, Nov 7, 2017.

1. FoundingFathers

FoundingFathers Founder Founding Member Site Mgr Site Supporter

As The Hill reports, Trump was asked during a press conference in South Korea whether or not the president would consider “extreme vetting” for purchasing a gun.

“If you did what you're suggesting, there would have been no difference three days ago, and you might not have had that very brave person who happened to have a gun or a rifle in his truck go out and shoot him, and hit him and neutralize him,” Trump said.

“And I can only say this: If he didn’t have a gun, instead of having 26 dead, you would have had hundreds more dead. So that's the way I feel about it. Not going to help.”

Trump also responded to a question about the shootings on Monday at a news conference in Tokyo with Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. He said: "This isn't a guns situation."

"Mental health is your problem here," the president said. Based on preliminary reports, the attack was carried out by "a very deranged individual," he said.

"Fortunately somebody else had a gun that was shooting in the opposite direction otherwise ... it would have been much worse," the president said. "This is a mental health problem at the highest level."

"A very, very sad event, but that's the way I view it," he said.

2. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Silver stacker
    100% correct. I’m glad the president is saying this.

3. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Perfect response by the POTUS.

It's not difficult to imagine killary's or barry's response to the same line of questioning. It wouldn't be about whether or not they were going to use this tragedy as an excuse to pry guns away from law abiding citizens, but how ridiculous they'd sound trying to pretend that even moar un-Constitutional gun laws would've made any difference.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017