1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Trump Invades Syria

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by tom baxter, Mar 13, 2017.

1. tom baxter

tom baxter back from 2004

Retired now
    Make no mistake: this is big news. And very bad news

Although the Syrian army, with its ally Russia, has made significant gains against ISIS over the past week or so, the Washington Post is reporting tonight that President Trump has for the first time sent regular US military personnel into that country in combat positions.

This is an unprecedented escalation of US involvement in the Syrian war and it comes without Congressional authorization, without UN authorization, and without the authorization of the government of Syria. In short it is three ways illegal.

According to the Post, US Marines have departed their ships in the Mediterranean and have established an outpost on Syrian soil from where they will fire artillery toward the ISIS “headquarters” of Raqqa. The Post continues:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/trump-invades-syria/5578671

Looks like the new Boss is just like the old Boss.
    Sucked in again.

mayhem, Krag, TAEZZAR and 3 others like this.
  2. tom baxter

Retired now
    WACO, Texas
    Amid Democratic criticism of political showmanship, President Bush Tuesday took a break from his Texas vacation to meet with "ordinary Americans" about the state of the U.S. economy and assure them his administration was "determined" to strengthen it. "If somebody wants to work and can't find a job, we have a problem and we need to do something about it here in America," Bush said at the close of the economic forum at Baylor University, about 25 miles east of the president's ranch in Crawford. His message: "We've got work to do. I know that, but we're going to do the work."

Bush repeated his vow to crack down on business executives who commit fraud, called on lawmakers support permanent tax cuts and also challenged Congress to restrain spending. He announced his opposition to approximately $5 billion approved by Congress, saying it has "nothing to do with national security."

Uglytruth and gringott like this.
  3. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

When did we declare war?

Silver and gringott like this.
  4. tom baxter

Retired now
    There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you.

[​IMG]

Mujahideen and gringott like this.
  5. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    TPTB are attacking Trump on all sides, but they seem to be ok with invading Syria without a declaration of war.
    They aren't making a fuss at all.
    The Mosul operation seems to be set up to push ISIS out of Iraq and into Syria rather than destroy them by using a blocking force.
    Why no operation like in Desert Storm when they had the highway of death for the fleeing Iraqis? There's nowhere to hide on the way out of town.

BTW, I can tell you from personal information there are more US troops there then they are telling us.

TAEZZAR likes this.
  6. keef

keef Пальто Crude Platinum Bling

Retired Hoser
    Amen to that.

Trump appears to be Ronny Reagan on steroids.

Fkkkkk... We fell for it AGAIN?

Now Vlad is the only true crusader of the Christian World and will have to nuke our asses to save humanity.

We are like a late stage cancer that only responds to radiation treatment.

I REALLY hope Putin puts in the Syrian no fly and we get this over quick. I couldn't handle another 8 years of Reagan and most of the folks I see at Wal-Mart could use a good nuke cocktail to cleanse this planet.

Thanks Donald you traitor.

mayhem likes this.
  7. anywoundedduck

anywoundedduck Gold Member Gold Chaser

Data Architect, Systems Engineer, Business Owner,
    Uh,... Hello...
    If you been paying attention, Trump said for a year he would go in and defeat ISIS very quickly.
    Every speech for over a year, "I will defeat ISIS very quickly!"
    Did you just crawl out from under your rock? Calling a sitting President a traitor is serious business.
    The traitor is Pro Islamic Terrorists, Barak Hussiem Obama, the devil himself.

<SLV>, smooth, GOLDBRIX and 1 other person like this.
  8. keef

Retired Hoser
    Believe what you want, bro.

I'm watching the big picture and he just dissed Putin big time.

I trust Putin, who has a 17 year track record over Trump, who has been in action less than 2 months.

You sound well programmed. The Borg Collective welcomes your blind trust and loyalty.

Truth is?

Time will tell. Let's watch and see. I get the feeling I will have the last laugh, but it won't be pretty.

9. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Easy keef I read Assad was ok with Trump's move here Trump might truly be looking to wipeout CIA controlled ISIS instead of the neo-con scum game of supporting them but calling them the enemy.

phoneman, Silvergun, JayDubya and 7 others like this.
  10. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

keef, you would rather have the murderous bitch in charge ???

11. dacrunch

dacrunch Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

I started being "wary" when Trump took Goldman Sachs on board.

Then more worried when he made remarks on "Crimea" (who is briefing him? - Over 90% of the population voted @ over 90% for Russia to "annex" the "province" - which has been "Russian" for centuries, and only passed to Ukraine under Stalin for political reasons... and whose population are of "Russian Stock"...)

Then more worried when he became so "Pro-Israel" and "Anti-Iran" (implicating "Anti-Russia")... again, who is briefing him?

Now, the very debatable "boots on the ground in Syria"... (I repeat - who is briefing him?)

On the other hand, he hasn't yet received a bullet to the head...

12. Mujahideen

Trump is looking more like obama... obama looked like bush.

stoli, Malus and tom baxter like this.
  13. Garyw

Garyw Am I a Retired Veteran or a Right Wing Fanatic? Silver Miner

tired and retired
    I Hate War but I have to agree with attack quick and decisive unlike Bush and Obozo who gave them 30 days notice. You should already know the Republicrats like war because the only industry we have left is building and selling weapons. That is how to put everybody to work. We always have. Keep printing that money boss and we will break the central bank when we default.

GOLDBRIX and anywoundedduck like this.
  14. anywoundedduck

You are already at a disadvantage when you tell them you are coming.
    Any idiot of an enemy will ambush your ass, set explosives and annihilate you.
    No announcement. Say you are sorry later.

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  15. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

WWII was the last time the US Declared War.
    All the crap since then has been Police Actions - Korea, Vietnam, Grenada, Afghanistan, Iraq.... ALL Police Actions

dacrunch likes this.
  16. Mujahideen

Wtf is a police action?

17. keef

Retired Hoser
    I'm not a blind Trump Thumper, either.

He dissed Putin big time, I don't care how you wrap it. Putin hates CIA ISIS way more than Trump

Of course Asssad will 'Agree' he saw what happened to khadaffi.

It's called 'cherished delusions' my friends.

When Trump brings back honest money, I will trust him.

Until then?

Gimmer Please.

(The new moniker is 'Frakkin Crude' for those w/o Google translate. First honest moniker here)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    mayhem and Mujahideen like this.
  18. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Mujahideen and dacrunch like this.
  19. Someone_else

Someone_else Gold Member Gold Chaser

Funny, my rather old dictionary says it means "(over)coat". I guess it has a new meaning now.

20. keef

Retired Hoser
    Yeah, did that dic come over on the Mayflower?

'Frakken Crude' means we bust the earth wide open for the last drop of sweet necter

21. JayDubya

JayDubya Platinum Bling Platinum Bling

uh, careful there.....

22. Someone_else

Someone_else Gold Member Gold Chaser

I don't think the pilgrims would have needed a Russian dictionary :)

It is Romanov's Russian/English dictionary "With special emphasis on American English." 1964

23. tom baxter

Retired now
    I've seen it happen for decades now. In another year there will be a derogatory label in place of his name and he'll be universally hated by most on these forums.
    Shrub
    Obumma
    Ronald McDonald?
    Nah, too long. Any suggestions, anyone?

mayhem and Mujahideen like this.
  24. Silvergun

Silvergun Silver Member Silver Miner

Land Surveyor
    This is interesting to me.

A lot of people here thought Trump was going to be their freedom fighter. Now they're looking the other way. Too early to tell, IMO. Its kind of like all the silver pumpers posting pictures of rockets to the moon when silver was in its 30s that are nowhere to be found now...

25. Malus

Malus Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

irrelevant

Snoop Dog.....

26. dacrunch

dacrunch Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Why Trump’s Syria 'Surge' Will Fail
    Written by Ron Paul
    Monday March 13, 2017[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last week President Trump significantly escalated the US military presence in Syria, sending some 400 Marines to the ISIS-controlled Raqqa, and several dozen Army Rangers to the contested area around Manbij. According to press reports he will also station some 2,500 more US troops in Kuwait to be used as he wishes in Iraq and Syria.

Not only is it illegal under international law to send troops into another country without permission, it is also against US law for President Trump to take the country to war without a declaration. But not only is Trump’s first big war illegal: it is doomed to failure because it makes no sense.

President Trump says the purpose of the escalation is to defeat ISIS in Raqqa, its headquarters in Syria. However the Syrian Army with its allies Russia and Iran are already close to defeating ISIS in Syria. Why must the US military be sent in when the Syrian army is already winning? Does Trump wish to occupy eastern Syria and put a Washington-backed rebel government in charge? Has anyone told President Trump what that would to cost in dollars and lives – including American lives? How would this US-backed rebel government respond to the approach of a Syrian army backed up by the Russian military?

Is Trump planning on handing eastern Syria over to the Kurds, who have been doing much of the fighting in the area? How does he think NATO-ally Turkey would take a de facto Kurdistan carved out of Syria with its eyes on Kurdish-inhabited southern Turkey?

And besides, by what rights would Washington carve up Syria or any other country?

Or is Trump going to give up on the US policy of “regime change” and hand conquered eastern Syria back to Assad? If that is the case, why waste American lives and money if the Syrians and their allies are already doing the job? Candidate Trump even said he was perfectly happy with Russia and Syria getting rid of ISIS. If US policy is shifting toward accepting an Assad victory, it could be achieved by ending arms supplies to the rebels and getting out of the way.

It does not appear that President Trump or his advisors have thought through what happens next if the US military takes possession of Raqqa, Syria. What is the endgame? Maybe the neocons told him it would be a “cakewalk” as they promised before the 2003 Iraq invasion.

Part of the problem is that President Trump’s advisors believe the myth that the US “surge” in Iraq and Afghanistan was a great success and repeating it would being the victory that eluded Obama with his reliance of drones and proxy military forces. A big show of US military force on the ground – like the 100,000 sent to Afghanistan by Obama in 2009 – is what is needed in Syria, these experts argue. Rarely is it asked that if the surge worked so well why are Afghanistan and Iraq still a disaster?

President Trump’s escalation in Syria is doomed to failure. He is being drawn into a quagmire by the neocons that will destroy scores of lives, cost us a fortune, and may well ruin his presidency. He must de-escalate immediately before it is too late.

Someone_else likes this.
  27. tom baxter

Retired now
    It's Never about terrorists, come on folks, get ya heads out of the fake news.

Why Syria? An Examination Of The Iran-Iraq-Syria Pipeline

In the summer of 2011, just weeks after civil war broke out in Syria, the Tehran Times released a report entitled, Iran, Iraq, Syria Sign Major Gas Pipeline Deal. The report provided details on Iranian plans to export its vast natural gas reserves to Europe through a pipeline that traverses both Iraq and Syria. This new Iran-Iraq-Syria pipeline would reportedly bethe largest gas pipeline in the Middle East and would span from Iran’s gas-rich South Pars field to the Mediterranean coastline in Lebanon, via Iraq and Syria.

But the pipeline won’t stop there.

The agreement calls for the construction of an underwater pipeline under the Mediterranean Sea stretching from Lebanon to Greece to deliver Iranian gas to energy-hungry European nations.

https://ftmdaily.com/what-jerry-thinks/whysyria/

sandblaster and Someone_else like this.
  28. tom baxter

Retired now
  29. Ebie

Ebie Midas Member Midas Member

To get a place at the peace negotiating table...?

30. anywoundedduck

Trump wants a good relationship with Putin. Dems are doing everything they can to start a war. Trump may have a Public stance that he and Putin agreed to in order to keep the Dems and World Order at bay. Putin does not want a war either. They are working together in Syria. US troops need not worry about Russia, IMO.

31. Krag

Krag Planet earth Platinum Bling

Trump is an empty vessel as John Dean observed--expect a lot more militarism pushed by the neo-cons with this jerk. Plus drone attacks are up 5X more than Obama: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ia-power-drone-strikes-military-a7628561.html

I contacted the Congressman last week about war powers and the President. He said Congress authorization is over after 9/11. Unbelievable. The blowback will be very bad in the long run, re Paul.

32. anywoundedduck

5X the drone strikes? Good. Sounds like Trump wants to end the War.
    The guy is in office a little over 50 days. He is keeping his campaign promises, including ending ISIS very quickly.
    Would you rather have Hillary?

33. Krag

Krag Planet earth Platinum Bling

I'd rather have a real conservative or a libertarian like Ron Paul who was dead right when he said they are over here because of what we are doing over there.

34. anywoundedduck

We are in agreement on Ron Paul and conservatism. But I have hope that Trump will be the best thing to happen to this country since Andrew Jackson.
    The biggest fight will be when he takes on the Fed.

35. Aurumag

Aurumag Dimly lit. Highly reflective Midas Member Site Supporter

Lightwave Jockey
    It means the UN is involved and all your intel is filtered by your enemies, ensuring self-destruction.

36. mayhem

mayhem Rebel Fire Silver Miner Site Supporter

Retired
    I put my whole support behind him because he was the better of the two candidates, while that's not saying much. I figured he was the last shot in my lifetime anyway.
    Prsonally never expected Trump to bring back "honest money" himself, I was hoping that his election would inspire someone younger to rise above the crap and be able to take his agenda and finish it, as Trump is only a one term president.(said that from day one.)
    Never thought he was the 'savior', but someone who might get the ship heading in a slightly different course. On the 'to the moon' people you are correct they left it seems, while I sold most of my $6 silver I was holding at $30 and took quite a profit. Bought some back when it crashed to the 11's, but not all the oz's I sold.
    Yup, and the fact that the Saudi's and Qatar I believe, wanted to run a south/north pipeline through Syria that excluded Russia was also in play for the same reason, to supply Europe gas that Russia had no say so about, hence their backing Syria in
    this so-called war.
    All wishful thinking. Putin was going to give Trump a chance, but when Trump fired Flynn, (and that was when I left the Trump camp!) things took a dark side. Trump and Putin have no relationship now (while Flynn might be trying to form some kind of back channel privately) and Trumps anti Russia statements are not helping. The so called US troops in Syria are few, the biggest number there are the PMC's who when killed we never hear about. Don't think for a minute that if the US brass start killing any of Putin's troops that things will be "all is well".

Back on Feb 14th, long time military strategist, "The Saker" summed it up really well.
    The Neocons and the “deep state” have neutered the Trump Presidency, it’s over folks!

Aurumag likes this.
  37. tom baxter

Retired now
    No they don't do they. It looks increasingly (or obviously) like it was all just pre-election promises. Putin has not changed, not one whit. the Dialogue between them stopped the day Trump moved into the whitehouse.

mayhem likes this.
  38. Ebie

Ebie Midas Member Midas Member

Witty...and humorous...sad

39. Bigjon

Bigjon Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter ++

http://gunsandbutter.org/blog/2016/12/22/the-incredible-trump-deception

The Incredible Trump Deception
    Posted on December 22nd, 2016[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    We examine some of the early political appointments of the new Trump administration and the geopolitical shift in American foreign policy that it represents. The powers behind the Trump presidency - the Netanyahu Likud connected think-tank, The Foundation for the Defense of Democracies, including General Mike Flynn, Walid Phares; James Woolsey, and Michael Ledeen, among others; an attack on the nuclear deal with Iran; the failed strategy of using radical political Islam to destabilize and destroy countries; a strengthened alliance between Russia, China and Iran; the failed CIA coup in Turkey of July 2016; a strong dollar policy and a weakened European Union; rising interest rates and concomitant flight capital to a Wall Street safe-haven; making America great again by re-building Americas defense industry infrastructure

https://soundcloud.com/guns-and-butter-1/the-incredible-trump-deception-f-william-engdahl-356

tom baxter likes this.
  40. tom baxter

Retired now