1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Trump marijuana.

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by Mujahideen, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Rollie Free

Rollie Free Midas Member Midas Member

I watched most of the video, where does it show a cop planting drugs?

2. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Around the 11:30 mark.

Here's the story from the youtube channel:

Published on Sep 17, 2014
    [UPDATE 5.3.16: You cannot see the HILARIOUS annotations on mobile - so try a PC, for all the details. YES, the case was dropped once this video was shown to the Asst. D.A., There were NEVER any drugs to begin with & if they're were I'm sure the K9's nose would've been ALOT better than these 2 dirty cop's noses. Also, I was instructed by my Atty. that with the Judges & Cops in that town; a Civil suit would've been a waste of time. I support cops as we need them/but loathe biased thugs hiding behind badges.]

POLICE ARE SUPPOSED TO PROTECT & SERVE – NOT - PLANT EVIDENCE & POLICE PROFILE. This is personal to me/I’ll tell you why. In June I was illegally stopped while bird dogging RE properties with a white female Co-worker (Driver & owner) in a VERY rural part of VA. We were followed by an unmarked car so we voluntarily pulled over to allow him to pass. We were detained, searched for weapons & drugs and when that turned up nothing & instead of being allowed to drive away – 4 cruisers pulled up with a the K-9 dog and they proceeded to walk the dog inside & out. RESULT- That turned up nothing.

So 2 cops ripped the car apart, looking for God knows what on the side of a country road for 1.5hrs and 5 other cops on standby in tactical gear. Picture 1 cop working the driver’s side & the other on the passenger side. After ripping through the car, the passenger side cop (Jr. officer) walks away and leaves his superior to finish. After finding NOTHING; the superior officer walks back to his squad car, the Jr. officer steps over to him, mumbles under his breath & the Superior officer bolts to the passenger side floorboard (my seat) and miraculously finds a morsel of marijuana. Something the dog & the other cop didn’t detect. He puts it in a tester, claims it to be Marijuana and that b/c it was found on MY side of the car—says ‘he’s giving me a citation for possession’. Why not arrest me –BECAUSE apparently the quantity was so small.

WEIRD – So ask yourself, how is it a passenger with No marijuana (furthermore – 2 Non users), get pulled over for tinted windows (ONLY after I questioned the stop, the officer replied, give me your I.D. –UNFORTUNATELY for them I had NO warrants etc.), has a K-9 dog & 2 cops search the car with NO results UNTIL 1 officer does something blatantly illegal

WEIRDER – So ask yourself, how is it the officer on the driver’s side of the car, magically finds marijuana a dog couldn’t discover?
    WEIRDEST – After paying $1500 to a lawyer, the VA Prosecutor dropped the charges knowing there was a video. BUT NOW, I’M SADDLED WITH EXPUNGING THIS RIDICULOUS CHARGE FROM MY RECORD—ANOTHER FEE, and get this – Since Virginia is a Commonwealth, they reserve the right to DENY my request!

Ps: So I guess June 25th was my day to get a drug arrest record, BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY!

Pss: The Jr. cop (whom I believe planted the so-called Marijuana) even asked to see the vid –I suppose he wanted to see IF he was caught on tape & YES, it’s all on video. HAHA, these guys really think they’re cowboys.

PIECE de RESISITANCE – I RECORDED IT ON HD Iphone VIDEO – So after some serious thought, I decided to post the video of (2) Virginia cops planting evidence and make them celebrities.

Edit: Here's the story on Cop Block:
    http://www.copblock.org/77428/corruption-va-cops-planting-drugsfalse-evidence/

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    Goldhedge, Oldmansmith and Ensoniq like this.
  3. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

Yep, got sick of it years ago. Although I will admit it took me several years into adulthood to catch on.
    Here is my opinion on dog whistle subjects:

Nobody in TPTB gives a flying shit less if you poison yourself with alcohol or drugs, own a gun or 10 or abort your own babies. They do not care what you do until you question their absolute control over your money.

Abortion and gun control is thrown out there whenever they want to take the public's attention off of something they are doing that they know will make the peasants angry. So if they can toss dope legal/illegal bullshit out there and get the same dog chasing a bone reaction feck 'n A they are happy.

They blow the whistle and the doggies all chase the bone. They don't care what the subject is.

BackwardsEngineeer and searcher like this.
  4. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Silver stacker
    To be fair, I don't know if they planted drugs or not, but that isn't the point, that's just the name of the video.

The fact that several officers are devoting their time to going after someone for something literally the size of a speck and using faulty drug kits should be of concern.

Federal law states that any amount of marijuana can land you one year in jail.

Virginia law states that any amount I think is 30 days.

Do you think the people in the video deserve to go to jail for 30 days or a year and have a criminal record over a speck of a plant?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    viking, Ensoniq, mayhem and 2 others like this.
  5. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

These are issues for the Peoples Representatives, not the police. If that's what the law says, how could you expect the police who are sworn to enforce the law, to not enforce it when given the opportunity to do so?

Also, busting someone for a bit o' weed is a relatively low-risk high-reward activity for the cops involved.

6. Rollie Free

I am sorry, I don't like taking sides but a guy caught with drugs in a search is ALWAYS going to deny its theirs. Aside from that I fail to see what a particular dirty cop (if that is the case) has to do with federal/state laws.
    I always read the cliche about the war on drugs being a failure but no one every supplies data. Its just talking points. If you believe its a failure don't just spout a line, why do you think its a failure?

7. Joe King

How could you consider it's anything less than a failure?

Drugs are far more prevalent in society than they were prior to war being declared on them. If we had fought the nazis in WW2 the way we fight the war on drugs, there'd be even more nazis today than there were in 1940 prior to us killing a bunch of 'em.

All it's really accomplished is to fill our jails and undermine the principles this nation was founded upon. Namely, innocent until proven guilty. In the name of the war on drugs, that has been converted into, presumed guilty until you prove your innocence to an acceptable degree.
    Why does it matter what other people choose to do to themselves, and more importantly, why should it be criminalized? If someone is only hurting themselves, why do they need to be thrown in jail?

Edited to add: "hey look, that guy over there is hurting himself. Let's go arrest him so we can hurt him even more". <---- that, in a nutshell, is the war on drugs. Actually, it's a war on people. Those people over there, doing something other people don't like, so therefor it's somehow ok to violate their Rights.

8. ErrosionOfAccord

ErrosionOfAccord #1 Global Warmer Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Energy Extraction
    IMHO, I feel that Trump is becoming everything I feared he would be. No more thoughts of a Trumponian paradise for me but thanks for the short lived dream.

9. Joe King

Try if you can, to keep in mind where we'd be if he hadn't won. Can you say, President Pantsuit? :shudder:
    ....and she was on record in one of her high dollar speeches as being dead set against anything to do with legal weed. So not only would we still be dealing with a prohibitionist, we'd get all of her other crapolla too. So please try to keep this in perspective.

10. searcher

Going to pot: Trump signs $1trillion spending bill safeguarding medical marijuana but then warns he may CRACK DOWN on the 29 states where it is legal
    • Trump avoided a government shutdown by signing a $1trillion spending bill
    • It included a provision that bars DOJ from spending money that could interfere with the use, distribution, possession, or cultivation of medical marijuana
    • In a signing statement, Trump said he reserved the right to ignore the provision
    • Medical marijuana is legal in 29 states, and DC, Guam, and Puerto Rico
    • But marijauna for any purpose remains illegal under federal law

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4479676/Trump-crack-medical-marijuana.html#ixzz4gJKU16zH
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Mujahideen likes this.
  11. ErrosionOfAccord

ErrosionOfAccord #1 Global Warmer Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Energy Extraction
    A vote for the lessor of two evils is still a vote for evil. I definitely prefer Trump to old Hillary Rottencrotch Clinton but that doesn't put us any closer to freedom or even a hint of realism.

mayhem, Joe King and Mujahideen like this.
  12. Mujahideen

Silver stacker
    You sound like a battered wife justifying his husbands physicals abuse.

Howdy likes this.
  13. Joe King

lol

Yea, I can see where you might think that, but even in light of his own faults I still say we are better off with him than we would be right now had whatsherface won.
    ...and we all know it was either him or her. All the 3rd party people are just hangers-on at this point.

We'd have Ginsberg's mini-me on the SC, TPP would be law by now, and she'd be pushin' her healthcare crap down our throats. Oh, and she'd have bombed the crap outta Syria if given half a chance, as opposed to Trump doing what amounted to tossing a pack of firecrackers at 'em. She applauded his actions and called for more.

14. ^updated^

^updated^ found a way in Silver Miner

no answer
    a politician is a politician is a politician...

• In a signing statement, Trump said he reserved the right to ignore the provision

searcher likes this.
  15. dacrunch

dacrunch Platinum Bling Platinum Bling

I just can't imagine the pressure from so many sides, sitting in that chair...

Where's my "Ron Paul / Dennis Kucinich" Ticket I wanted so badly in 2007?....

A blend of "pick yourself up by your own bootstraps" mixed with "parachutes for the REALLY needy vs Corporate Welfare"....

And a crackdown on the Fed & the Banksters & the Lobbies... & the Military Industrial Complex.

Mujahideen, searcher and solarion like this.
  16. mayhem

mayhem Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter

1. Government is the biggest importer of drugs.
    2. The prison system has been turned over to run for profit corporations. Allowing kick backs to judges and lawyers, Police get to keep the spoils.(assert forfeiture)
    3. Just follow the money and it all makes sense.

Mujahideen, Aurumag and solarion like this.
  17. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

No way mang! Nancy Pelosi told me it was all for the children. IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN!

Grandma Piglosi wouldn't lie to me.

searcher and mayhem like this.
  18. Irons

Around 13% of the US adult population smokes dope. That means 87 out of every 100 people do not give one flying shit less about dope, who uses dope or what happens to them when they get caught with dope.
    I have a few middle age friends who use it and it's all they talk about. Dope dope dope we have some we need some he has some but his is shitty. Who has the best dope did you hear about the dope from X?

Boring as hell. It's like listening to high school people all over again.

. OK rant over. Got any dope?
    .:2 thumbs up:
    http://www.dailywire.com/news/8242/study-how-many-americans-are-smoking-pot-number-pardes-seleh#

19. solarion

I don't use the stuff either and don't particularly care what happens with MJ.

It does however get my attention when goobermint goes to such lengths to attack a substance which is so clearly not harmful to anyone save those that choose to use it. Even then I'm not entirely convinced MJ is all that harmful(may promote laziness)...so why is the gumbymint so hell bent on attacking those that possess or trade this plant? Constantly reading about otherwise innocent humans being kidnapped and tossed into rape cages for harming nobody...now that gets my panties bunched up a bit.

searcher, viking and glockngold like this.
  20. mayhem

mayhem Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter

Good summary of the way it is, and has been since the 60's. Who's got the best smoke is a status symbol in the counter culture. Many years ago I always had the best stuff. I just never told anyone or shared it with anyone. Most people are inherently insecure and desire to be "in", and looked upon by others to fill that insecurity. Just look at all the forums and blogs devoted to the subject. Way back when they all fought to be the first one with the latest copy of "High Times" magazine. I don't know what it is like today, as I have been away from that scene for over 30 years now.

21. Mujahideen

Silver stacker
    Without the war on drugs and the related crime, how will government justify its expanding police state?

They are not raiding the homes of rapists, they are not pulling people over looking for murderers the vast majority of the time.

They need drugs to justify their existence.

The reasons for daily arrests in my town look like this: drug offense, drug offense, drug offense, drug offense, drug offense, petty theft, dui, assault.

So what if people do drugs, just don't DUI or give to kids. That rarely ever happens and we all have to pay the police budget and for the criminals to be locked up. I'd rather keep my money and feed my family.

I think people's tunes will start changing with the demographic shift. Trevon, Akbar and Jorge kicking down the door of white peoples home and shooting their dog and handcuffing their family, wife and daughters in their underwear, over a harmless plant that's not even there should change people's tune... then "conservatives" will start to suddenly want to end it.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    Alton, searcher, viking and 5 others like this.
  22. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Very boring indeed like wannabe wine connoisseurs from Mississippi comments how dry a particula Merlot is in a thick redneck accent.

23. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    I don't trust those number at all Irons. Of course a great majority of people who smoke pot are going to keep it their little secret, which means either lying by saying they don't smoke or not participating in the study at all. 13% simply isn't close!

24. Irons

I just took the number from the link I provided. I really don't care what the actual number is.
    I stopped at a gathering of folks up north around my cabin last night and everybody was drinking or high or both. Yee ha!
    Nice folks but I didn't hang around long.

25. smilershouse

smilershouse Gold Member Gold Chaser

OK here goes.

Yes I agree BackwardsEngineeer, it doth appear the same old melody or maladies repeating itself. Nothing changes because the status quo is set. Most I would assume here are waiting for something natural to happen. We are growing tired of increasing CB interventions propping up a failed economy. We all want our stores of value to increase. I am sure many here at GiM would love to see BTC crash as it is surmised that investment in the cryptocurrencies are preventing the safe havens from reaching their potential. The Sx has become a casino. Nothing is going up, most trades are done with TA. Services and products are no longer traded with fundamentals in place. Take a look at the cryptomarkets, in itself people are again trading to acquire more of the same techniques. BTC slows, ETC, Dash, etc rise. Money is just shuffling about, changing hands et al.

Trumps MJ plays have been gathering momentum globally. Govts around the world are jumping on board for a slice of the $200billion market. There is no stopping its increase now, the cat is out of the bag. . Trump is a business man, and a national $140 billion MJ market is not to be sniffed at. Trump will ensure MJ will be available for all, and taxed accordingly. Maybe then a conservative people whom were prejudiced by govt propaganda in the past will start using it, and with that, a shift in consciousness will occur? Maybe MJ will be the key to a change in people's thought pattens? Whatever happens, is a lot better than the current 'nothing happening mix'

With a bit of luck people might be given a chance to understand or even question the authenticity of Govt and banks itself.

Time will tell.

SH

Cigarlover likes this.
  26. Ensoniq

Ensoniq Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Free Marketeer
    Born from racism, reefer madness nears its end

image.jpeg

viking, searcher, mayhem and 3 others like this.
  27. searcher

War on drugs is back with a vengeance: Sessions tells federal prosecutors to push for harsher punishments as he reverses softer policy from the Obama administration
    • The move has long been expected from Sessions, a former federal prosecutor who cut his teeth during the height of the crack cocaine epidemic
    • 'This policy affirms our responsibility to enforce the law, is moral and just, and produces consistency,' Sessions wrote in a memo
    • Sessions contends a spike in violence in some big cities and the nation's opioid epidemic show the need for a return to tougher tactics

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4499236/US-prosecutors-told-push-harsher-punishments.html#ixzz4guCWRr7y
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

28. Garyw

Garyw The Military gave me Defoliant Exposure Silver Miner

tired and retired
    It is by the state it is sold in. Also in Oregon regulated by Oregon Liquor control commission.

29. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Ensoniq likes this.
  30. Rollie Free

I found out several years ago a group of my old high school friends were getting together and getting high. Instead of hiding it from their moms they are hiding it from their wives. Pathetic to say the least. My desire to rehash old times was pretty much fried, died, and laid to the side. Morons. Good lord, they never grew up. Their jobs were pointless nonsense.

31. Usury

Usury Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Don't buy it. I'm sure plenty of stoners have done stupid ass shit and killed themselves while high. Heck I'm sure a lot of those alchy deaths are DUI related, so what about driving while high?

32. Usury

My first thought was 13% seems HIGH (ummm..no pun intended). I sure as heck don't know many people that regularly smoke. Have ever used? Sure...but not regulars. The one or two regulars I do know suffer from chronic CRS syndrome (that's Can't Remember Shit).

Then I did some checking.....guess what percent of the total US population is black? Go ahead...I DARE ya.

33. Usury

Regardless what everyone thinks, I predicted Trump/Sessions would go hardass back after MJ. Not sure why the heck Oblunder just didn't push to get it legalized when they had the chance.

IIRC, I think Trump's brother was a drug loser, which turned him sour on drugs and users. He doesn't want any part of it and has no sympathy. Sessions is just a hard ass law and order guy. If the law is on the books as illegal, he'll see it as his duty to enforce the law.

searcher likes this.
  34. viking

viking Silver Member Silver Miner

Executing unjust laws, like this, a victimless one. Bring back the Nuremberg trials.

35. Ensoniq

Ensoniq Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Free Marketeer
    That's probably fair but I think the point is death directly caused by the substance. Cirrhosis for example in the case of alcohol.

Last time someone died directly from weed was when a 50 kilo bale fell on him and broke his back ;)

searcher and solarion like this.
  36. solarion

lol

Does anyone really believe anti-drug laws have anything whatsoever to do with protecting anybody's health? If so, they're hopelessly contradictory. I mean prescription drugs, alcohol, and tobacco cause a whole lot more harm than MJ. The arguments used to maintain a prohibition on MJ have always been pretty sketchy. The notion that it's some spooky gateway drug is just silly. This drug in particular is being suppressed for purely political reasons and it's time that changed. Prohibition doesn't work and it causes far more harm than good. Also from a freedom stand point people have a right to their own bodies, and if they want to smoke a plant then nobody should be telling them they cannot or kidnapping them and caging them for doing as much.

37. searcher

38. searcher

Ensoniq likes this.
  39. arminius

arminius Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

420 healer
    While the rest of your post is right on, this part is why the drug war is continued. Prohibition does work, for them, the drug war has been one of the biggest money makers ever conceived by the ptb, plus it has the effect of curtailing, surpressing our rights enough so that they can pretend to have the corporations ruling over us. the drug war was has to be the second all time fraudulent money making god given rights stealing scheme ever created secondary to fiat money...

solarion likes this.
  40. solarion

I stand corrected. You're right of course, prohibition has been hugely successful for those that created and maintain it.

arminius likes this.