1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Trump marijuana.

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by Mujahideen, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

According to the guy in this vid, anyone in all 50 States can legally get mmj delivered to them via USPS, thanks to ObamaCare. I wonder if they use registered mail for that? lol

Alton likes this.
  2. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

3. arminius

arminius Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

420 healer
    Before the thirties, many patent medicines had cannabis, and for the most part, it worked. Cannabis is now replacing many pharmaceuticals in the legal states, and their profits are starting to decline

I believe the backlash from the drug companies is what is causing this slowdown in legalization.

Scorpio and spinalcracker like this.
  4. gnome

gnome Platinum Bling Platinum Bling

[​IMG]

spinalcracker likes this.
  5. gnome

6. gnome

For-profit prisons were significant donors to Trump's campaign. They also donated significantly to Hillary.
    With Sessions pushing for maximum sentences for drug crimes, that is a direct subsidy of for-profit prisons.

The war on drugs comes at massive costs to society, but there are plenty who profit from it.

7. spinalcracker

spinalcracker On a mail train. Silver Miner Site Supporter

CEMENT MASON LOCAL 690
    Don't forget the new immigration laws and private prisons. There are thousands of illegal aliens in the joint and they are a large part of the private prisons P & L statements.

gnome likes this.
  8. Zed

Zed Size doesn't count! Midas Member

Nuclear Technician
    I dunno why you have to label people "pot heads", I like the odd drink but not much really... never been anywhere near alcoholic, five or six a week. I like the odd toke, couple times a month maybe... pot head... nah! Yet you get blow back from people you know have had problems with alcohol about being a "pot head". I know plenty of light users of both, all well adjusted normal contributing people.

Get over the 'pot head' thing, a couple of glasses of wine don't make you an alcoholic sooooooo.... why the extreme attitude to pot?

9. Zed

Zed Size doesn't count! Midas Member

Nuclear Technician
    ... especially when its less harmful than the legal alternate.

10. gnome

http://www.ibtimes.com/illegal-camp...pac-took-money-private-prison-company-2441117

Mujahideen likes this.
  11. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Silver stacker
    The United States has the highest incarceration rate on the planet, largely due to the war on drugs.

The 'war on drugs' gives the police powers to violate constitutional rights by simply saying they "smell drugs" or by making a dog bark or by going off the word of a druggie informant. You can get your anus searched and sent to jail because of a faulty drug kit.

Despite their "efforts" the country is flooded with drugs and there isn't a single drug free high school in America. Not one. If I wanted drugs right now as I type this message, I could go buy some within an hour.

There is no ending to it and it's not working; just an ever increasing police state.

What comes in th future? Drones in the sky scanning people's homes looking for plants with a paraswat team on standby ready to kick down your door and handcuff your wife and daughters in their night garments? These things have already happened and the situation isn't deescalating.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  12. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

They say that wouldn't happen if people would just start doing as their told and stop questioning authority so much. lol

Bigfoot and gnome like this.
  13. arminius

420 healer
    spinalcracker and gnome like this.
  14. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder Hypophthalmichthys molitrix Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Jeff Sessions personally asked Congress to let him prosecute medical marijuana providers

... protections, known as the Rohrabacher-Farr amendment, prohibit the Justice Department from using federal funds to prevent certain states "from implementing their own State laws that authorize the use, distribution, possession or cultivation of medical marijuana."

Sessions's citing of a "historic drug epidemic" to justify a crackdown on medical marijuana is at odds with what researchers know about current drug use and abuse in the United States. The epidemic Sessions refers to involves deadly opiate drugs, not marijuana. A growing body of research (acknowledged by the National Institute on Drug Abuse) has shown that opiate deaths and overdoses actually decrease in states with medical marijuana laws on the books.

President Trump had offered support of state-level medical marijuana regulations, including the notion that states should be free to do what they want on the policy. But Sessions's letter, with its explicit appeal to allow the Justice Department to go after medical marijuana providers, appears to undermine that support.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...et-him-prosecute-medical-marijuana-providers/

BF

gnome and Mujahideen like this.
  15. anywoundedduck

anywoundedduck Gold Member Gold Chaser

Data Architect, Systems Engineer, Business Owner,
    Sessions needs to get his head out of his ass.
    Trump needs to get rid of him, if he don't wise up.
    I swear, we go from criminal AG's to dumbasses.

stonedywankanobe and gnome like this.
  16. Mujahideen

Silver stacker
    Sessions must have family members that are being paid by big pharmaceutical.

If they were as hard on opiates as they are MJ, maybe we would get somewhere.

17. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    I could never understand the war on pot. It's an herb that relaxes you yet you can still be functional, unlike alcohol. Yet alcohol is available everywhere and pot is the devil incarnate.

It simply doesn't add up!

stonedywankanobe and gnome like this.
  18. ^updated^

^updated^ found a way in Silver Miner

no answer
  19. spinalcracker

CEMENT MASON LOCAL 690
    This could get interesting.
    Sessions has been struck by Reefer Madness.

image.jpg image.jpg

20. spinalcracker

CEMENT MASON LOCAL 690
    image.jpg

21. arminius

420 healer
    maroon.jpg

What a Maroon...

22. Mujahideen

Silver stacker
    Rollie, how do you not see this as a failure? Drug use has not gone down after decades of the war on drugs.

We have a government that punishes it's citizens rather than protecting them.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    spinalcracker, Bigfoot and gnome like this.
  23. searcher

Deputy AG: Marijuana is federally illegal and has no medical use

by NORMLJune 13, 2017

[​IMG]

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein was questioned about federal marijuana policy during a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing today and his responses were disconcerting to say the least.

Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) asked Rosenstein about the current tension between state and federal marijuana laws.

“We do have a conflict between federal law and the law in some states. It’s a difficult issue for parents like me, who have to provide guidance to our kids… I’ve talked to Chuck Rosenberg, the administrator of the DEA and we follow the law and the science,” said Rosenstein, “And from a legal and scientific perspective, marijuana is an unlawful drug. It’s properly scheduled under Schedule I. And therefore we have this conflict.”

He further elaborated on the Trump Administration’s view of the Cole Memo, which was issued by President Obama’s Deputy Attorney General James Cole, which lays out guidelines for marijuana businesses operating in medical and legal states if they wish to avoid federal interference.

“Jim Cole tried to deal with it in that memorandum and at the moment that memorandum is still in effect. Maybe there will be changes to it in the future but we’re still operating under that policy which is an effort to balance the conflicting interests with regard to marijuana,” stated Rosenstein, “So I can assure you that is going to be a high priority for me as the U.S. Attorneys come on board to talk about how to deal with that challenge in the states that have legalized or decriminalized marijuana, whether it be for recreational or medical use…”

He also said that the Department of Justice is “responsible for enforcing the law. It’s illegal, and that is the federal policy with regards to marijuana.”

After testifying in front of the Senate Appropriations Committee, he also appeared before its House counterpart.

Representative Kilmer (D-WA) further questioned the Deputy Attorney General on the Cole Memo and the Department of Justice’s pending review of it, asking for an update on Attorney General Jeff Sessions view on it.

Rosenstein responded: “I do not have an update. I can tell you, it’s a very complicated issue for us. Under federal law as passed by the Congress, and given the science concerning marijuana, it’s a Schedule I controlled substance. That’s a decision I’ve talked with (DEA) Administrator Rosenberg about. Some states have taken a different approach and legalized or decriminalized marijuana for medical use and in some cases recreational use…The question of whether it’s legal under federal law is resolved because Congress has passed a law — it’s illegal. Scientists have found that there’s no accepted medical use for it. Cole made an effort to examine the issue and find a way forward for the department where we could continue with our obligation to enforce federal law and minimize the intrusion on states that were attempting to follow a different path.”

Despite these critiques, Rosenstein stated any revisions are likely to happen further down the road.

“For the moment the Cole memo remains our policy. There may be an opportunity to review it in the future, but at the moment I’m not aware of any proposal to change it. But I think we’re all going to have to deal with it in the future.”

You can watch the exchange on CSPAN by clicking HERE

Send a message to your member of Congress to support legislation to end federal marijuana prohibition by clicking HERE.

http://blog.norml.org/2017/06/13/deputy-ag-marijuana-is-federally-illegal-and-has-no-medical-use/

24. gnome

No medical use besides like saving people from death, curing cancer, relieving pain without addiction, relieving anxiety, improving glaucoma, stopping parkinsons tremors....

Jeff Sessions needs to get back in his time machine and go back to a century that wants him.

25. gnome

We now have more prisoners than People's Republic of China, despite having 1/3 the population.
    Nixon started the "war on drugs" in 1971.
    You do the math.

[​IMG]

spinalcracker and searcher like this.
  26. gnome

[​IMG]

arminius and searcher like this.
  27. searcher

28. gnome

Alton likes this.
  29. dacrunch

dacrunch Platinum Bling Platinum Bling

13% smokes dope... and most of the other 87% takes pharmaceutical "mood changers"... with plenty of questionable side-effects...
    Choose your poison...

I think ALL DRUGS should be "decriminalized" - like in Portugal for well over 10 years - where they took 10% of the monies wasted on prohibition, legal & prison, and placed that 10% in prevention and treatment.
    Result?
    - NO INCREASE in "usage" (many studies show that the SAME % of the population will "use", whether legal or not).
    - DECREASE of violent crime, muggings, break-ins, since prices dropped to the level affordable by a "wage-earner".
    - DECREASE in WELFARE COSTS - since the Government doesn't have to support the families of incarcerated users.

And I believe that it's a "God-Given Right" for an individual to put WHATEVER he/she wants in their OWN body... even if it isn't "good" for them. And to REFUSE having OTHERS force them to ingest what they DO NOT WANT (vaccines, for instance).

Alton, arminius, gnome and 2 others like this.
  30. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

Yay dope. . . aroll.gif

Alton and gnome like this.
  31. spinalcracker

CEMENT MASON LOCAL 690
    The Nigga got saved........

gnome and Alton like this.
  32. searcher

Alton, gnome and spinalcracker like this.
  33. spinalcracker

CEMENT MASON LOCAL 690
    What’s more, the clinical use of cannabis stands to bring significant budgetary savings for government health insurance programs. Research that we’ve recently published in Health Affairs shows that if all 50 states allowed medical cannabis in 2014, Medicare and Medicaid would have saved more than $1.5 billion on prescription drugs.

The biggest savings would come from reduced prescriptions for pain medications — a large share of which are opioids. This explains why states that have approved medical cannabis have experienced fewer opioid-related deaths. As NIDA noted, “medical marijuana products may have a role in reducing the use of opioids needed to control pain.”

There ya go.
    Follow the money. Big Pharma.

Alton, Lt Dan, Cigarlover and 2 others like this.
  34. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

Sessions is so much a 1980's numbnutz. Bassackwards yokel with a penchant for strong gov overreach.

Yes, he is a bulldog in a position that requires a bulldog. However, he is showing himself to be a myopic nincompoop by focusing on laws and issues that have little to do with actual crimes against property and persons, fraud, theft and the rest of the REAL crimes (cough, pedogate, cough Clintons, cough, DW Shultz, cough).

Hey Sessions! LEAVE THE POT ALONE!

Lt Dan, arminius, gnome and 1 other person like this.
  35. gnome

Cannabis cures the epilepsy and replaces benzopdiazapenes.

http://rare.us/rare-politics/rare-l...-most-vulnerable-i-would-know-im-one-of-them/

arminius and Alton like this.
  36. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

quality control
    Agree Sessions should go after pedophiles before pot but that would mean going after republican and democratic party leaders so not going to happen.

Alton, Lt Dan and Cigarlover like this.
  37. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

Dope is legal for recreational use in Nevada starting today so I don't see where Sessions is stopping anything.

Maybe the dope heads are just being paranoid? Damn, now THAT would be unusual wouldn't it? . . awow.gif

38. spinalcracker

CEMENT MASON LOCAL 690
    Yep , about 15 recreational pot shops will open their doors in viva Las Vegas style.
    I can't believe the casinos and liquor barons let this pass.
    I don't know about other towns with casinos in Colorado but up in Cripple Creek where casinos rule , there is no pot allowed in that town.
    Pot may be legal in Vegas now but it's still very difficult to find a job.
    It's not legal until employers quit piss testing and firing employees for testing positive for cannabis.

39. spinalcracker

CEMENT MASON LOCAL 690
    image.jpg

image.jpg

dacrunch, arminius, Alton and 2 others like this.
  40. Mujahideen

Silver stacker
    You obviously don't know who Sessions is.