1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Trump Recognizes Jerusalem As Israel's Capital

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by Silver, Dec 6, 2017 at 3:12 PM.

1. Silver

Silver Gold Member Gold Chaser

Reap the whirlwind. Nothing like getting along with people.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...rump-makes-announcement-about-israels-embassy

As expected, President Trump on Wednesday recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital and announced plans to relocate the U.S. embassy there, a decision that is certain to inflame tensions in the region and throw a wrench in potential peace negotiations, paradoxically uniting the fractured middle east world against Israel and the U.S.

"I have determined that it is time to officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel," Trump said shortly after 1pm in the White House.

Trump said the announcement “marks the beginning of a new approach to conflict between Israel and Palestinians.”

As discussed earlier, Trump’s move reverses decades of American policy in the Middle East and alienates regional allies, even as the president has made brokering an elusive Middle East peace deal a key goal.

“This is a long overdue step to advance the peace process and work towards a lasting agreement”, Mr Trump said in his remarks. He added that he was directing the US State Department to develop a plan to move its Israel embassy from its current location in Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

Trump framed the decision as a way to put his own stamp on one of history’s oldest conflicts.

“The record is in: after more than two decades of waivers, we are no closer to a lasting peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians,” the president said. “It would be folly to assume that repeating the exact same formula would now produce a different or better result."

The move showed Trump’s inclination to prioritize domestic politics over the desires of U.S. allies in the Middle East and Europe who warned the announcement could spark violence in a region that is already a powder keg.

"While previous presidents have made this a major campaign promise, they failed to deliver," the president said. "Today, I am delivering."

It will hardly play out that way.

As Bloomberg notes, leaders across the Middle East, including from Jordan, Egypt, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and the Arab League have also spoken out against the plan, and Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei called Trump’s plan a sign of U.S. “failure and impotence.”

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and Jordan’s King Abdullah II, warned him the announcement would have “dangerous” repercussions for regional stability. Separately, the Palestinian delegate to the United Kingdom said on Wednesday that President Trump's move to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel signals "a declaration of war" in the region. “He is declaring war in the Middle East, he is declaring war against 1.5 billion Muslims, hundreds of millions of Christians that are not going to accept the holy shrines to be totally under the hegemony of Israel,” Manuel Hassassian told BBC 4 Radio's "Today."

The Turkish government’s spokesman on Wednesday said that the United States’ decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel will plunge the region and the world into “a fire with no end in sight”.

Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said the “whole world is against” Trump’s move. He says that moving the embassy to Jerusalem would be a “grave mistake” and would “not bring any stability, peace but rather chaos and instability.”

Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has also blasted Washington's decision to relocate the US embassy to Jerusalem as a display of incompetence. "That they claim they want to announce Quds as the capital of occupied Palestine is because of their incompetence and failure," Khamenei said, using the Arabic name for Jerusalem.

The Syrian government also weighed in on the planned move. "[The move] is the culmination of the crime of usurping Palestine and displacing the Palestinian people," a Foreign Ministry official told state news agency SANA.

Palestinian Christians in Bethlehem were spotted burning photographs of Donald Trump and holding signs reading “Move the embassy to your country, not ours,” and “Jerusalem, Palestine's heart, is not up to negotiations.”

[​IMG]

The declaration of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital carries deep symbolic significance and could have dangerous consequences. The competing claims to east Jerusalem, the section of the city captured by Israel in 1967, have frequently boiled over into deadly violence over the years. East Jerusalem is home to the city’s most sensitive Jewish, Muslim and Christian holy sites, as well as its 330,000 Palestinian residents.

The United States has never endorsed the Jewish state’s claim of sovereignty over any part of Jerusalem and has insisted its status be resolved through Israeli-Palestinian negotiation.

The mere consideration of Trump changing the status quo sparked a renewed U.S. security warning on Tuesday. America’s consulate in Jerusalem ordered U.S. personnel and their families to avoid visiting Jerusalem’s Old City or the West Bank, and urged American citizens in general to avoid places with increased police or military presence.

searcher likes this.
  2. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    All hell's gonna break loose now. Part of the master plan I'm afraid!

gringott likes this.
  3. Silver

War on Iran is the plan. All the war drums pounding against NK will quickly segue to Iran. Bait and switch.

the_shootist likes this.
  4. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

IF the muslims and communists don't like it too bad.

917601 and the_shootist like this.
  5. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    It really is nice to have dogs on both sides of this fight! We hate the jews and we hate the Muzzies. Who's the bad guy first? Why it's the Muzzies! While we're beating back the Muzzies who's our best-est pal?

jew_basic.jpg

Patience and a plan is all we need to have them at each other's throats!!

6. Silver

Communism is jewish, I'm sure they like the move just fine.

solarion and gringott like this.
  7. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

So President Trump is going to follow through on an official act approved by both sides of congress 22 years ago.
    So what? Fuck 'em. Nothing I have seen done my entire life has made scat's worth of difference there except Israel's wall.
    So now US diplomats will have to work in a dull holy city instead of partying in Tel Aviv every night.

President Trump Anticipated To Follow-Through on 1995 Jerusalem Embassy Act…
    Posted on December 5, 2017 by sundance
    The TDS-media are fraught with misinformation on this issue.

In 1995, Congress passed the Jerusalem Embassy Act, requiring the movement of the American Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. The act said that Jerusalem should be undivided and be recognized as the capital of Israel. The legislation passed 93-5 in the Senate, and 374-37 in the House of Representatives. (link)

Following passage, all subsequent Presidents’ never carried through with the law; each signing national security waivers to delay moving the U.S. Embassy.

.https://theconservativetreehouse.co...follow-through-on-1995-jerusalem-embassy-act/

FoundingFathers, 917601 and gringott like this.
  8. spinalcracker

spinalcracker On a mail train. Silver Miner Site Supporter

CEMENT MASON LOCAL 690
    Is this a biblical prophesy fulfilled?......Bible scholars , laymens?....

searcher likes this.
  9. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

the_shootist likes this.
  10. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    I'm sure one of the faithful here can wrap some parable around it and make it sound familiar enough to other members of the faith to become prophesy. It's as easy as that! Boom!!!

11. latemetal

latemetal Platinum Bling Platinum Bling

If I was Christian, I'd be pissed...let the nutbags have it.

12. DodgebyDave

DodgebyDave Metal Messiah Midas Member

Nuke Mecca from orbit, it's the only way to be sure

the_shootist likes this.
  13. phoneman

phoneman Silver Member Silver Miner

At church tonight, when our pastor asked the congregation what they thought of Trump's move on Jerusalem. The whole church gave out a big cheer and then gave a big round of applause. We know the end is getting near, so the wars and rumors comes right out of our Bible. We know that the people of Ishmael and the people of Isaac will never get along according to the Bible. Because of Trump's move today, many at my church believe God's hand was in on Trump's election. My wife and I believe God was behind Trump's election. God is good.

14. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    This is why I stopped going to church. You guys rejoice it up, I'm going to order more ammo and dry goods

latemetal, gnome and gringott like this.
  15. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

i just hope this doesn't get so bad that jews in israel start getting their heads blown clean off while worshipping in temple like American church goers do.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 7:24 AM
    gringott and the_shootist like this.
  16. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    Not much chance of it, two years in Israel and I never met an Israeli who went to temple, except for a couple of American Orthodox type Jews with the funny clothes and hair stuff.

17. andial

That makes me feel better. Has an Israeli ever been shot to bits in a temple by a lone gunman like we have happening to church goers here in the U.S.? will do a search.

gnome and gringott like this.
  18. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    The only case I could find was 18 November 2014 when 5 Orthodox Jews were killed in a synagogue by two Palestinians. To my point, the "ordinary Israeli" is very secular and does not go to the synagogue normally in my personal observation.
    Sort of like many European Catholics and Protestants, they observe holidays but don't go to church except for weddings and baptisms and funerals.

I searched for synagogue as Temple brings up the Temple Mount, there is no synagogue there.
    Hardly an epidemic.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Jerusalem_synagogue_attack

andial likes this.
  19. andial

Well despite the fact that they could give two figs about my religion or theirs i will continue to place Israel on a pedestal. plus remember is a strategic location we need middle east oil it's not like we can survive on our own oil reserves we're running out remember"peak oil". We need them.

solarion and gringott like this.
  20. 917601

917601 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

My take. The end times need the Third Temple to be rebuilt. Biblically, when "peace is declared", and the Temple is rebuilt, the final days begin. Still a ways from declared " Peace" and the rebuilt Temple. What this does do, is push the Sunni into negotiating. Abbas has not been negotiating in good faith (nor any other Muslim group) even tho he was offered statehood and an expansion of Gaza into the Sinai. Egypt even sanctioned giving parts of the Sinai up, as did Israel. Radical Islam simply still wants to some how push Israel into the sea, not going to happen, now that Egypt, Jordan, and Saudi are in " Alliance" and battling the Iranian Shia monster. Every day, Islam is growing more divided and weak, while Israel grows stronger...
    That is " Biblical", during the final days, the Bible notes Hebrew once again becomes a spoken language in parts of Egypt and Gaza. How does that happen?.... Stay tuned, much more I am closely watching, and it seems to be panning out. Go Trump, you made a brilliant move.

21. FoundingFathers

FoundingFathers Founder Founding Member Site Mgr Site Supporter

Perfect timing for a major false flag terrorist attack by "Al-Qaeda" so they can then indirectly blame Trump.

ErrosionOfAccord, andial and gringott like this.
  22. 917601

This will set off many events, provided we actually move our Embassy to Jerusalem. However, recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capital was determined by Congress back in 95, with like resolution to move our embassy there. Nothing new. The only " new thing" is Trump is enforcing our law. Every single administration since then " chickened out" on the advice of our DOS, which is a crooked, liberal, constant deal losing organization. No more playing chicken. When the dust clears, I expect a lot of " weeding" will have been done.

Son of Gloin, phoneman, Irons and 3 others like this.
  23. 917601

I posted much a few years ago when Hamas took over Gaza and expelled Abbas to the West Bank. Abbas had contracts ready to sign to drill in Gaza's offshore area, revenues would have brought Gaza out of poverty and rich, perhaps very, very rich. When Hamas took control, oil development companies backed out due to their terror activities. The deposits are there, get Hamas out of Gaza and they can develop them. Trump knows this, as does Israel and Egypt. Lots of bargaining behind the scenes, and I am hopeful Hamas somehow " goes away".

Old article:
    "
    These attempts to anchor Israel’s relationships to economic interests became a casualty first of the Palestinian elections of 2006, in which Hamas prevailed and which facilitated Hamas’ assertion of control over Gaza, and then five years later with the Arab Spring (Sunni Awakening), starting in 2011.

Despite hopes for its role in encouraging peace between Israelis and Palestinians, Gaza Marine was never developed. Few really wanted the gas to come to market. Egypt saw it potentially as competition to its own gas agreement with Israel (unless the whole affair would have been transferred under their structure), nor did it genuinely ever pursue policies which would make the Gaza Strip a truly viable economic player independent of Cairo’s continued largesse. Israel by and large feared that absent any controlling mechanism, the revenue from the gas sales accruing to the Palestinians would flow to terrorist entities in Palestinian areas.

Iran – which developed operational control over the most powerful and violent elements of Hamas – opposed the deal, as it did the development of Lebanese gas, since it competed with its own gas. Moreover, Tehran generally pursued a policy of enfeebling the Palestinians in order to exploit their misery for their own strategic purposes. Russia as well was lukewarm to any effort not under their control, and even made efforts to buy Gaza Marine, at first outright and then in hidden fashion through a Norwegian firm. Great Britain blocked both paths to a sale, likely under encouragement from the United States. To this day, British Gas continues to seek a buyer for the moribund Gaza Marine project.

Finally, perhaps portending the difficulties which await Lebanon’s communities as they grapple with their possible natural gas discoveries, the internal divisions among Palestinians and their fractured political community all but guarantee that Gaza Marine will remain stranded under the Mediterranean for quite a while. When Hamas assumed control over Gaza, it insisted that the agreements between the PLO and British Gas were null and void. Hamas claimed that the agreements had been corrupt arrangements between the West and the local elite attempting to enrich itself, and that the intermediary company, CCC, was a Christian entity which could not represent the interests of the Islamic community over their inherited resource. The Palestinians never managed to overcome these profound differences, and the gas remains undeveloped...."

Lots of wealth out there, enough for everyone involved. Maybe, just maybe, Trump can at least " make the deal" and get Gaza on the road to prosperity...the long sought after ME Peace Agreement can wait.

24. phoneman

phoneman Silver Member Silver Miner

Most Europeans are too busy welcoming muslems . No time for church. Should be very peaceful there.

917601 likes this.
  25. 917601

26. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

What does Mecca have to do with it?

I just wish the US would stay out of this crap. Let the holy rolling weirdos fight over their slab of dust.

andial and ErrosionOfAccord like this.
  27. andial

I also have no problem with Mossad agents harrassing American woman who are being raped by rich powerful Jews. Israel is way to important an ally to let little things like that get in the way of our friendship. In fact let's not ever talk about it again.

28. EO 11110

EO 11110 He Hate Me Mother Lode

perfect pretext for a BIG false flag