1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Trump takes South Carolina

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by Irons, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

Krag likes this.
  2. Krag

Krag Planet earth Platinum Bling

He's struck a powerful cord. Anti-illegals, pro growth US economy, against the professional politicians, a proven media figure. Can anything stop him now?

3. FunnyMoney

FunnyMoney Silver Member Silver Miner

He is getting a little over 30% of the Republican primary voters. When he gets to the states with huge minority and latino voters, things could change. It will be difficult for anyone to stop him prior to the convention unless either Cruz or Rubio drops out. If he makes it to the convention with most of the Republican electorate delegates then we will see if the party tries to pull something over on him.

If he gets the nomination he will bring out the vote in a big way among both very pro-Trump and very anti-Trump voters. The problem for Trump is there are probably a lot more anti-Trump than pro-Trump among the newly interested. He took a few huge, calculated risks when he went about alienating general groups of people without qualifying his arguments. Many of his statements were over the top and IMO poor moves strategically. There are huge swaths of liberal, minority and women voters that rarely vote but are now more than ticked off and interested for the first time ever. In a general election, these people will come out to vote and most of them will go against him, which will be what finally stops him.

4. Irons

Meh, women will vote for Trump in droves because he isn't feminized like their husbands.

Lt Dan and Son of Gloin like this.
  5. FunnyMoney

We haven't seen the general population surveys yet. Trump is getting 30% of registered Republican primary voters while both Cruz and Rubio are drawing over 20% each. This is not as big of a lead as many feel because it's very likely that once either Cruz or Rubio drops out, the survivor will get most of the drop out's supporters. I expect we will see this trend coming sooner rather than later with 4th and 5th place likely to drop out right away and I expect Trump won't be getting many of those former Bush and Carson supporters.

A general election is a very different animal than is a registered primary voters election. I know this sounds subjective, but among women voters I talk to, I find many times more anti-Trump fervor than I find pro-Trump support among them. The situation is much worse for him among minority and liberal voters. If Trump makes it to a general election, I expect we'll see one of the largest turnouts in recent history for POTUS. I would expect his loss to come in near landslide numbers. Trump should have used some PR strategists early on, maybe he never thought he would do so well in the primaries. The general election is a whole different ball game and Trump has generated a ton of anti-Trump interest among the non registered and no party affiliated voters.

D-FENZ likes this.
  6. <SLV>

<SLV> Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Trump has to be the nominee if Hillary is going to win... which is what TPTB have selected for us.

7. Irons

The reason Trump is winning is because he is not doing any of the things you and the so called experts claim he needs to do to win.
    As soon as he bends over and starts trying to please everybody he will fade faster than a fart in the breeze.
    People are sick of spineless PC whiners and metrosexual non offensive males. People are sick of excuse making losers.

If Trump makes it to the top without being accidented or caving to PC horseshit there will be a landslide election allright, but it won't be him losing.

8. FunnyMoney

I agree with the part about what type of voter he is getting and I agree that a lot of people are sick of many things. However, in a nation where only about half of those eligible to vote actually do, turning out the vote is very critical to winning and turning out the vote can work both ways. There's going to be a lot of people who know absolutely ZERO about Clinton or Sanders but who do know a few things about Trump (mostly what they get from the MSM) and don't like what they see.

You are counting on the potential that there will be a lot who turn out to vote because they are very much for Trump over the others even though they've rarely voted in the past and know very little about the candidates in depth, which I don't see as a very likely case.

9. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    Yeah, an unfortunate accident. They seem to happen at the most inopportune of times. TPTB work in strange ways

10. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    That's what...maybe 2 dozen votes?

Lt Dan and Irons like this.
  11. Irons

Don't worry maybe Jeb will run again next time!

12. tigerwillow1

tigerwillow1 Silver Member Silver Miner

Carson's and Bush's individual vote total is more than 50x the difference between Rubio and Cruz in South Carolina. (At 99% counted, Carson has over 52k votes, Bush over 57k, difference between Rubio and Cruz a bit less than 1k).

13. FunnyMoney

I said we will likely see that as a start of a "trend" with Cruz and Rubio picking up those few percentage points. If Trump remains at his 33% in the next round then that would indicate that what I see as a "likely trend" will indeed be one. If so, then it's only a matter of time before they start asking Cruz and Rubio supporters who they would vote for if their candidate drops out of the race. The Republican party leaders understand the numbers better than Trump does. If things do play out the way I read them, then Trump is running his campaign at a great disadvantage if he were to neglect this trend.

At some point, a candidate MUST become "inclusive" because women, minorities and liberals have long since been allowed to vote and they can register still. Trump's strategies have worked pretty good in a very large field and in a "registered primary" electorate. A 2 person race and a general election are not at all anywhere like what Trump has seen so far. He has chosen his strategy quite poorly in my opinion and the time to "short Trump" to speak in market based terms has now arrived (it's best to sell at a high, not after a crash has become clear for all to see).

14. FunnyMoney

I hate the entire main stream politico establishment. In a vote between Jeb and Hillary, I would move out of the country before you could get me to go to the polls.

southfork and nickndfl like this.
  15. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    Well, I stand corrected!!! Touche'

16. Someone_else

Someone_else Gold Member Gold Chaser

Each and every single candidate is evil. So why choose the lesser of the evils? Can I write in Satan or Cthulu?

17. Krag

Krag Planet earth Platinum Bling

Ron Paul; hopefully the Constitution Party will have a candidate.

Trump promises the world for his supporters. http://i.imgur.com/o8H6kcz.jpg

18. Ebie

Ebie Midas Member Midas Member

The candidate who says that health care is a right might win.

19. FunnyMoney

RP is retired, so I doubt it.

Promising things is likely the trick. The MSM is against Trump, promising is not enough.

20. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Trump knocks out Jeb! Bush ENDS his presidential campaign after The Donald secures huge 32.5 per cent of the vote in South Carolina while Rubio just edges Cruz for second
    • First-in-the-south Republican presidential primary ends the same way New Hampshire did, with Donald Trump in the driver's seat
    • Jeb Bush has quit the race winning only 7.8 per cent, saying he respected the judgment of Iowans, New Hampshirites and South Carolinians
    • Ben Carson, who finished last on Saturday vowed that 'I'm not going anywhere'
    • Trump won 32.5 per cent of the vote; Marco Rubio was in second with 22.5 per cent, ahead of Ted Cruz at 22.3 per cent
    • Trump was declared the winner with just 2 per cent of the votes counted
    • The win will keep Trump firmly in the front-runner slot as the GOP race moves to Nevada next week and then to a dozen races held on March 1
    • The Republican Party's elders want the 'establishment' lane to consolidate around a single anti-Trump candidate
    • In the Democratic Nevada caucus taking place the same night, Hillary Clinton was victorious over Bernie Sanders

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3456560/Trump-looks-cruise-South-Carolina-Cruz-Rubio-joust-second-place-battle-questions-swirl-Jeb-Bush-Ben-Carson-stay-race.html#ixzz40mqXPkVc
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

21. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Here's the Doc's take.....................

Donald Trump Wins South Carolina Damit!!!! Read And Weep HAHA
    The Doctor Of Common Sense

Published on Feb 20, 2016

22. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Gold Member Gold Chaser

Don't be duped by the Donald. He is working for the establishment.

23. <SLV>

Carson went from a contender to zilch as soon as it came out that he had exaggerated claims in his book. Trump exaggerates all of the time, but it doesn't phase his base. The difference is that Carson's base expected honesty in a candidate, and Trump's base doesn't really care. Carson's supporters moved to Rubio/Cruz. One of those two drop out and the other will surge past Trump.

Bigfoot likes this.
  24. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Trump was glowing in his victory speech last night and we also received the bonus of the ending of a political dynasty. Good-bye to the Bush's and their establishment entitlement attitude.

Even bringing out a George Washington at Valley Forge lookalike to speak about her son did nothing to sustain their position in American politics. Seems like W and Cheney did enough damage so that the next generation wants nothing to do with the Bush's ever again.

Pretty please dear baby Jesus can you make the Clinton's go away too?

the_shootist and Irons like this.
  25. Oldmansmith

Oldmansmith Midas Member Midas Member

Environmentl Consultant
    Trump has been a huge Clinton supporter. It would not surprise me at all if his plan is to help the Clinton's win.

Bigfoot likes this.
  26. <SLV>

Or if he was hired to do just that.

Bigfoot likes this.
  27. Irons

Yeah he sure needs the money.

Lt Dan and Usury like this.
  28. Joseph

Joseph Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

slacker
    They polled the SC voters last week, asking why Trump has such a lead. The response ?
    "We're voting with our middle fingers"

29. <SLV>

There are other ways of paying back.

30. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    Exactly! The man is independently wealthy. Why the fuck would he be on the Clinton leash? He used the Clintons as a businessman to get what he wanted. Now, like a good businessman he's going to step on them

31. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    Sorry, you're much too late. The Donald is on an unstoppable roll

32. Irons

winner3.gif

I don't see why that is so hard for people to understand. When you are a powerful businessman and there are slimy whore politicians prostituting themselves you would be a fool not to buy a few. This if anything reflects negatively on the klintons. It underlines the kind of people they truly are.
    When you give money to anything as low as a yew ess politician who is known to be for sale you are not supporting that person you are buying them.
    He could destroy her in a debate simply by saying "you sure were nicer to me when I was handing you money."

Now when a businessman owns a politician do you think he respects and admires them? Wants to have dinner with them?
    Fuck no he thinks of them, if at all, as the whores that they are.

Lt Dan, Usury and the_shootist like this.
  33. oldgaranddad

oldgaranddad Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Irons is correct. New York State and New York City are rampant "pay to play" arenas. Trump had to throw in with the enemy to get his projects done. It is done here all the time. You have to buy off the the politicians, the unions and organized crime in order to get anything built.

Just look at the Long Island Rail Road East Side access project that was scheduled to be completed by end of year 2009, now the completion date has been pushed back to 2023. That project has been a cash cow for the politicians, unions and organized crime for years making Boston's "Big Dig" look like child's play. It is not un-often to hear someone waiting for a train say "If Trump had the project it would have been done on time or earlier" when the conversation comes up.

Lt Dan, Usury and Irons like this.
  34. Rusty Shackelford

Rusty Shackelford Midas Member Midas Member

wastewater
    Will the right circle and support their nominated candidate like the Dems always do even when their candidate is not the choice??

Trump needs to make in rows to tge 70% republican/right vote that he currently doesn't have. Without them he is toast in Tge General.

35. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Watching the returns last night with the kids and inlaws, they asked me who I would vote for if Trump didn't win, I told them I will stay home and not vote, I don't trust Cruz or Rubio and will not vote for either of them. This would be the first time in my 65 years of life I didn't vote, Im tired of voting the lesser of two evils.

36. FunnyMoney

He won't get 70+% support from them. If they don't clear him off the table prior, he will simply be toast in the General. I still think he won't make it to the general, but if he does, he won't reach even 40% of the popular vote. He's at his zenith right now. Cruz and Rubio will gain on him when super Tuesday comes.

His only hope would be to get some serious, yet "doubter" political strategists to advise him right away. He is in way over his head. 33% of hard core registered Republicans is all he has right now. He is not getting enough traction in crossover democrats, independents and newly inspired voters. Worse, he continues to alienate them. He's on his way to being fired.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    D-FENZ likes this.
  37. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

No way, Trump is in it to win it.

38. <SLV>

At least Cruz is a strict constitutionalist who also is against amnesty. Rubio is a RINO. I could hold my nose and vote Cruz. I'd rather vote Bernie than Trump, and Trump than Hillary. It's just a matter of how you want to see your country collapse.

39. Irons

"Who is Donald Trump?" The better question may be, "What is Donald Trump?" The answer? A giant middle finger from average Americans to the political and media establishment.

40. Rusty Shackelford

Rusty Shackelford Midas Member Midas Member

wastewater
    LOL

You need to finish that. That middle finger is being used to give the Average American self administered prostate exams, they just don't know it yet.

Usury likes this.