1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Trump will be impeached

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by Scorpio, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

Hussein gave the Iranians billions of dollars and flew pallet loads of cash to them and then lied about it.
    But that isn't news.

2. smooth

smooth Gold Member Gold Chaser

Clinton gave the Neezers our missile guidance technology, and the free shit party cheered.

Irons and Hystckndle like this.
  3. 917601

917601 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Trump impeached? I did mention way back when Trump choosed Pence as VP, it was " checkmate" for the forces of evil. Anyone follow Pence? Long time believer, from saying grace before meals, to attending all the DC prayer breakfasts, to joining hands and praying to God almighty for guidance in ever single decision....the Demoncrats and lefty liberals worse nightmare.....declaring war on a baby Christian, Trump, is much different than declaring war on a long time spirit filled Pence....I dare them, double dog dare them to remove Trump.....

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    nickndfl, Cigarlover, Glasgow and 2 others like this.
  4. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Pence strikes me as a typical neocon dbag, but I admit I haven't paid a bunch of attention to the guy.

Anyway there still hasn't been a single shred of anything to even merit discussing impeachment of the duly elected executive that I've seen. Every other day there's some new slander attack on the president based on nothing but conjecture.

"ZOMG the president gave classified data to the Russians!" ...yeah and? Like these dipshits don't realize the president can de-classify information as he sees fit. WTF is classified information for if not to help the president make the best decisions he can? In this case he decided to declassify some information and provide it to a Russian ambassador. Just another nothing sandwich that the uninformed masses gobble up.

Ensoniq and andial like this.
  5. 917601

917601 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

"Pence strikes me as a typical neocon dbag, but I admit I haven't paid a bunch of attention to the guy."

That does not surprise me. Folks need to start thinking in a more " spiritual manner", you will have much more clarity and peace.

the_shootist likes this.
  6. gnome

gnome Platinum Bling Platinum Bling

7. solarion

Sweet. Lemme go get a bible and roll some holy so I can better understand the neocon mindset.

...oh wait, you said "thinking" and "spiritual manner" which is oxymoronic in the extreme. The whole point of organized zealotry is to suspend critical thought and have...faith. Guess I'll just ignore your suggestion.

Guessing if you love Pence, he is surely pro-israel and pro bomb the fuqs out of brown people that don't believe in his particular invisible man delusion.

andial, Mujahideen and Oldmansmith like this.
  8. gnome

Trump gives lip service to economic freedom, but he's Keynesian at heart, though he thinks he invented the phrase "priming the pump". His opposition to TPP, Nafta, etc is one of the few bright rays of his presidency so far.

In every other area, Trump is a rabid authoritarian.
    Expand military spending.
    Wants to step up the failed war on drugs.
    Prisons for profit.
    Openly advocates torture.
    He'd like to imprison journalists who write unfavorably about him.
    In many ways, Trump is closer to Hillary Clinton on policies than he is to Ron Paul.

[​IMG]

solarion and Oldmansmith like this.
  9. solarion

Fair enough. Trump has some ugly warts. He makes my skin crawl when he suggests bringing back waterboarding and implementing even more brutal forms of torture.

That said, opposition to NAFTA and TPP is no small thing. While some of his positions are in line with the hildabeast, he doesn't tow the globalist line.

gnome likes this.
  10. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Delivery boy.
    Just for clarification. The Bible and neocon do not go together and are not compatible, in the least way.
    Two. Critical, logical reflective thinking is indispensible for a faith-filled person. I personally came to faith in God after years of study and very deep thought. Lots of book reading, lots of discussion with friends and acquaintances, lots of comparing of various world views for common sense and again, logic. God can bring even a moron to faith, but if you have a brain, He will require you to use it.
    Last, your assumptions about VP Pence are obviously based on a personal prejudice and not on factual knowledge.

Traderjoe, 917601 and solarion like this.
  11. Ensoniq

Ensoniq Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Free Marketeer
    I'd like to see him in charge of the Fed instead of Yellen, right after the audit

Irons likes this.
  12. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Trump will not be impeached. Dems are going after Pence now saying he knew stuff about Flynn early on. They are fabricating everything and the media just blows it up into a balloon. It's shameless how more people are not complaining about how the business of the American people is not being taken care of.

13. Irons

That would not surprise me one bit.

14. Eyebone

Eyebone Midas Member Midas Member

Hilarious.

15. solarion

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the god speak. I do study theology and find it to be absolutely riddled with contradictions with very little to nothing supported by physical evidence or even first hand accounts. Since neither of us is going to change our minds on the topic, there's no point in launching into an OT discussion here.

If my views on Pence were so obviously based on prejudice...whatever you think those prejudices may be, then the word "obviously" would have been extraneous...would it not? Like I said to numbers, I haven't spent a whole bunch of time exploring Pence's votes & views, because he's a VP and historically VPs don't do crap. However, I do have some idea of who the guy is, and yeah I think he's a neocon dbag. Mind you, I'm still glad he's VP and not Tim Kaine, but I'd never consider supporting either Pence or Kaine at the top of a ticket. It also makes me queasy when Trump himself blabs about how much he loves Israel and the house of Saud.
    http://www.ontheissues.org/Mike_Pence.htm

skychief, Son of Gloin and madhu like this.
  16. madhu

madhu Silver Member Silver Miner

For some it is through blind faith. For those that have critical reasoning it's a different path but leads to the same conclusion.

Son of Gloin likes this.
  17. OverOver

OverOver Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter

I think there is mood altering subliminal stuff going on.

Oldmansmith likes this.
  18. gnome

That won't be during Trump's presidency, that's for sure.
    A man whose fortunes depend on leveraged investments in real estate is never going to buck the bankers that make his life possible.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-14/trump-has-6-goldman-appointees-swamp-drains-you

Aurumag and Oldmansmith like this.
  19. Rollie Free

Rollie Free Midas Member Midas Member

It's foolish to think libs will go after Trump and impeachment only to one day realize Pence would take over
    They are well aware of that result. In their scenario, once Trump is embattled they will create numerous Pence 'scandals'.

20. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

From one of the local rags.....................

The 25th Amendment is no way to boot Trump
    • By Jonathan Bernstein
    • 8 hrs ago

Donald Trump has amply demonstrated he is not fit for the office he holds. But it would be a grave mistake to use the mechanism of the 25th Amendment to get rid of him, as a wide group of liberals have urged for a while, now joined by conservatives such as New York Times columnist Ross Douthat.

Sorry, Congress: If you believe Trump needs to go, you're going to have to do it yourselves. At least if the goal is to protect democracy in the United States.

The 25th amendment was adopted in 1967 as a remedy to several imperfections in the constitutional order of succession of the presidency by (among other things) finally making it a constitutional fact that vice presidents are supposed to fill presidential vacancies and providing for filling any vice presidential vacancy. The last two sections dealt with the Woodrow Wilson problem: What if the president should become incapacitated? Section 4, the relevant piece here, allows a majority of the cabinet to remove the president upon certifying that he or she cannot perform the duties of the office. The next bit, however, is a mess:

"Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principle officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office."

So if the Cabinet certified that Trump was unfit, and he then told Congress he was just fine, Congress would take a vote with a two-thirds standard to keep him removed.

Now, why shouldn't this be used against Trump?

I'll put aside the untried and unexplored nature of the provision, although just looking at it I can imagine multiple questions, potential loopholes, and challenges available to Trump if it's used against him.

The main reason not to use it is that the chief complaint against Trump is that he threatens U.S. democracy not (chiefly) by breaking laws, but by undermining the norms that are just as important to democratic governance as the laws and constitutional provisions. Therefore, efforts to remove him should be especially careful to abide by those norms. The 25th Amendment is for use in Wilson-like cases in which the president is truly incapacitated. While mental illness could qualify, the many armchair diagnoses we've seen of Trump simply do not clear the constitutional bar.

Douthat argues that Trump is so childlike that he is somehow incapable of actions which reach the level of "high crimes" for which the proper constitutional remedy is impeachment. Hogwash. Trump may or may not understand that what he's doing is wrong, but there are at least three articles of impeachment which could be drafted. The easiest one is obstruction of justice, based on his efforts to kill off the investigation into the Trump-Russia scandal.

The second is his violations of the emoluments clauses of the constitution, his use of his position to enrich himself (through, for example, constantly advertising his properties), and the conflicts that arise when the interests of his business clash with the obligations he took by swearing the oath of office (he is exempt from criminal statutes, but not from the conflicts themselves). And it shouldn't be hard to put together an abuse of power article as well for a president so dismissive of constitutional norms.

Should such charges be brought in the House? That remains a political question; suffice it to say that there is surely sufficient misconduct here to serve as a valid pretext should Congress believe that removal is necessary. No ugly new precedent would be established; no norms would be shattered. No future president would be given any additional reason to fear being deposed just because his or her Cabinet decided they preferred the vice president, and therefore no future president would have to choose them with that fear in mind.

That's why if the threat of Trump is so great, the best remedy is the old-fashioned constitutional one.

Enjoying our content? Become a Bucks County Courier Times subscriber to support stories like these. Get full access to our signature journalism for just 44 cents a day.

Jonathan Bernstein is a Bloomberg View columnist. He taught political science at the University of Texas at San Antonio and DePauw University and wrote A Plain Blog About Politics.

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes....cle_efc57d8d-5cc4-518d-8e11-ba46f0cf42a1.html

21. solarion

I don't even take the threats of the 25th being employed against Trump seriously. It simply wouldn't fly.

searcher likes this.
  22. gnome

Agreed. His public statements express pathological narcissism, and there is evidence to suggest he may be suffering from early stage alzheimer's or other neurodegenerative decline (see linguistic comparisons to Reagan's decline below), but removal via 25th amendment is politically impossible. The Democrats will surely use it as a weapon, and if Republicans start to see their re-election chances getting worse, they may use it to threaten Trump into resigning.

I had a boss once who was a sub-clinical narcissist with onset of alzheimer's in her 70's (Like Trump there was a family history of Alzheimer's). She was smart and charming and enough people believed in her that she was able to keep up the charade of normalcy long after her ability to follow the plot was completely gone. She did a lot of damage to people, her own business and, perhaps saddest, to her own legacy of contribution to humanity. Of course, those close to her in the organization who knew how bad it was buffered both the boss and the client's / larger community from the painful truth long after they should have spoken up. Hopefully that isn't going on with Trump's cabinet.

I'm opposed to Trump politically in so many ways, but I would never wish any form of dementia on anyone. It's living a nightmare that you don't wake up from for one or more decades until you die.

searcher and solarion like this.
  23. latemetal

latemetal Platinum Bling Platinum Bling

Trump will make you miss him..[​IMG]

24. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    I watched the video of the two little boys pretending to dissect the president's mental state from a few video clips. It was pathetic. Neither of them had any intellectual or professional credibility whatsoever. I doubt that there was even a whiff of education in psychology or medical training, yet there they were doing their "remote" psychological analysis on video. What a couple of arrogant little mental piss ants.

"...but I wouldn't wish any form of dementia on anyone...." I think, though, like the crazy democrats and media whores, you do, because you're talking about it, with no real evidence, in order to try to diminish him in your own minds. It isn't right. I believe Donald Trump is much less psychologically impaired than the whole democratic party, who absolutely do show signs of madness of some sort by their obsession with lying incessantly about Trump and fabricating nonsensical stories about Russian collusion and obstruction of justice and so on, while ignoring the quite obvious collusion with foreign governments by members of their own party and again, quite obvious obstruction of justice by the entirety of their party. That is called psychological projection. Their minds are obsessed with these things, because they are guilty of it themselves. They therefore try to project their guilt and mental incompetence onto their arch enemy, to assuage there own guilty minds. It's unbelievably sad and it's maddening.

Traderjoe, searcher, TRYNEIN and 2 others like this.
  25. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    Gawdalmighty, NO! Stay lost, you incompetent, destructive lying ass.

ttazzman, Traderjoe, searcher and 3 others like this.
  26. gnome

Well, we agree about something.

27. Irons

Well put sir. Demonrats talking about President Trump having dementia have pictures of pelosi , warren and walters in their minds when they are saying it. Pathetic but predictable.
    The demonrats are following Saul Alinsky's book Rules for Radicals to a T. It isn't going to work if you look at Trump's support it is doing nothing but growing and expanding. If they were smart enough to fight they would read Trumps Art of the deal and attempt to counter him that way.
    But hey, at least the demented fecks are reading something, right? . . :2 thumbs up:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...ary-clinton-read-saul-alinsky/article/2602071

searcher and Son of Gloin like this.
  28. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    And where did you obtain YOUR doctorate professor?

29. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    One of the main problem with liberals are they believe they're the smartest people in the room on every topic. You can't talk to people objectively who are that arrogant, you just can't. It's always a one way conversation

Irons and Son of Gloin like this.
  30. gnome

It's a layman's opinion, but it doesn't take a $200k doctorate to figure out a guy who uses his non-profit foundation to hang this portrait on the wall of his own restaurant has a problem with narcissism, not to mention some shady ethics.

[​IMG]

searcher and the_shootist like this.
  31. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    In believe if you walk the walk it's OK to talk the talk. The man is the freaking POTUS for chrissakes!!! He must have a few active braincells, don't you think? With all due respect, do you really thinks he took the job because he loves power and loves himself? Could be but then, at least he isn't another one of those political snakes we send to DC and he's demonstrated some integrity here and there

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    gnome and Son of Gloin like this.
  32. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Silver stacker
    Trump will be impeached?

Wasn't everyone saying he was going to be assassinated around his inauguration?

Now at the end of his second term everyone will say that he won't leave the Whitehouse.

Son of Gloin likes this.
  33. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    No one is impeaching anyone. The Dim snowflakes are delusional!!

34. Son of Gloin

Delivery boy.
    That's good. I remember when O was elected, way back. There was talk that he might be assassinated. I thought, at the time, that would be the worst possible thing that could happen. Not because I liked him, though.
    Then, there was lots of talk that he wouldn't leave when his two terms were up. All the snowfies are experiencing the angst that all of us right wingers felt when O was president. We dealt with it. They can't.

Lt Dan and Irons like this.
  35. Irons

The Saudi's just rolled out the red carpet, strung 15 miles of American flags and billboards along the motorcade route, the king met him at the airport and rode in the US limo with him. Trump, Tillerson and Wilber Ross did the sword dance and then they lit the Ritz Carlton and the Palace with American flags. None of the American women wore head scarves.

Nice contrast from hussein and hillary's visit when no royalty even bothered to go to the airport. First stop on the trip too. Nice to be respected again after 8 years of shame.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The world has been waiting for a strong American leader to do business with again.

Oh yeah. Here's hussein and hillary on their visit to Saudi Arabia a few year ago. Zero respect for them.

[​IMG]

Son of Gloin, Lt Dan and the_shootist like this.
  36. TRYNEIN

TRYNEIN Gold Member Gold Chaser

Sorry to bust your bubble there, Shooterman....BUT

This is a very convincing argument

Son of Gloin, Mujahideen and Irons like this.
  37. Irons

Oh no not her! The $30 white woman wig is killin' me man!

jerry-1247.gif jerry-1247.gif

38. Irons

After ‘Poll Testing’ Impeachment of Trump – Dems Launch Concerted Effort to Backtrack on Impeachment Talk

Jim Hoft May 19th, 2017 10:20 am 470 Comments

Guest post by Joe Hoft

[​IMG]

For months since the election the only topic on the mainstream media (MSM) news outlets has been that President Trump somehow stole the election from Hillary Clinton by working in collusion with Russia. This fallacious argument is played around the clock by the MSM and discussed repeatedly ad nauseam by Democrats every chance they get.

On Wednesday the headline of the Drudge Report was that Democrats felt they were finally at the place where they could poll test their efforts to impeach President Trump.

Democrats can’t do anything without a poll.

[​IMG]
    The Drudge Report’s headline linked to a report from McClatchy’s DC Bureau that discussed the Democratic Party’s plans to impeach Trump and their efforts to first poll test this action with voters.

In a significant development, party operatives say they expect Democrats to poll-test the public’s views on impeachment, trying to acquire hard data about an issue that until now has not been seriously analyzed. Other strategists say that candidates and party organizations will begin conducting focus groups on the question.

The results of their polling must have been God awful shocking for the Democrats and their liberal MSM because today in every way the Democrats are retreating from impeaching Trump.

For example, three of the biggest far left publications posting fake news stories about President Trump to justify his impeachment are now backing off:

1. The New York Times is reporting that “Democratic Leaders Try to Slow Calls to Impeach Trump“.

2. CNBC reports “Chances of Trump impeachment are low, says Nomura“.

3. The Washington Post reports “Considering Impeachment? Slow Down

The Democrats big play to remove President Trump via impeachment is backfiring. Americans are seeing more than ever before how biased the MSM in America is and are fed up. The more the MSM promotes impeachment the more Democrats and the MSM look foolish like upset spoiled little children. President Trump calling the MSM ‘fake news’ is resonating with Americans.

A significant majority of electoral college delegates, states and counties in the US voted for President Trump despite the MSM’s all out assault. Without voter fraud President Trump would have easily won the popular vote as well. Now more Americans are waking up and they don’t like their President being treated so terribly unfair.

The results must have been bad – real bad, for the Democrat/MSM complex to suddenly begin their all out retreat.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...in-concerted-effort-to-stop-impeachment-talk/

Glasgow, Son of Gloin and Lt Dan like this.
  39. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    WOW, what an idiot!!!!

Glasgow, Son of Gloin and TRYNEIN like this.
  40. latemetal

latemetal Platinum Bling Platinum Bling