1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Trump's Economic & Winning Thread

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by Irons, Dec 6, 2016.

1. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Great to see thousands of state department employee's jobs being outsourced to the White house. One of the untold success stories going on right now.

Ensoniq likes this.
  2. hammerhead

hammerhead Not just a screen name Gold Chaser

Can't find the commentary online, but our local rag ran a piece by a guy named Eric Haythorne. He is a local resident but according to the tag line at the end of the article, he was a lead counsel of the World Bank in the district of corruption. He was going on about what happiness is. He mentioned how income in-equality, the battle against the 'right' to health care, political contributions re: citizens united, the level of distrust in government and maybe a few more are keeping people from being happy. No mention of a global initiative, banksters actions or the push for government encroachment (dependence). According to him, none other than our beloved 45 is to blame for the world's woes.

If the people that have created the unhappiness are complaining about President Donald J. Trump, you know Trump is doing a good job. But dayum, the propaganda is sickening.

stonedywankanobe, Ensoniq and Irons like this.
  3. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

:thumbs up 2:

stonedywankanobe likes this.
  4. hammerhead

who is that kid that's giving the middle finger and who is he flipping off?

5. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

Seeing this in small towns all over Northern Michigan that have been dead and empty for the last 12-15 years. It's like people have been waiting for the curse to be lifted.
    Although it sucks for me because I like the quiet it's great for the communities. If I felt like working 18 hours a day I would buy the bar/restaurant that is for sale near me and make a killing selling it in 5 years.

Buuut I don't. . . . pirate.gif

Millions invested into downtown Cadillac as it continues to grow
    by Mara Thompson

Tuesday, August 1st 2017

[​IMG]
    DOWNTOWN CADILLAC.jpg

CADILLAC, Mich. (WPBN/WGTU) -- What was recently taken up by several empty windows and for sale signs, is now a bustling downtown for people to eat, play and shop.

Within the last year alone, 11 businesses have either opened or done renovations in downtown Cadillac. There were no incentives to drive developers there. People say it's just the new place to be.

Kahvi Cafe opened in October, but they're not the only ones. About a dozen businesses have made Cadillac their home in the past year.

“As we looked around for places to be we've seen that Cadillac is steadily growing especially in young adults like 30 and under,” said Kahvi Manager Ed Smith.

Bringing business to the city is something officials have been working hard on. It started some with the completion of the Cadillac Commons, which includes a pavilion and plaza with a splash pad and fireplace.

“What we've done is we've taken a space that was just a parking lot and we've turned it into a destination for people,” said Cadillac Mayor Carla Filkins.

Businesses who have been in Cadillac a little longer say these changes are definitely bringing more people to town.

“There has been a lot of vacant buildings around here, and they're resurfacing a lot of these buildings and making it look really good and there's been a lot of walking traffic,” said Julie Dunkel, owner of Northern Hearth Quilting and Sewing.

Business owners say sales have been good, and they expect it to continue to grow.

“Downtown Cadillac is growing and it is the place to be in five years from now it will be the absolute place to be,” said Smith.

City officials credit the growth to the citizens that continue to make the community their priority.

“It's the people who live here want to live here and the people who are looking to invest they want to invest in our community and it's because of the people in the warm welcome that they got here,” said Filkins.

The city manager says more than 3 million dollars were invested in downtown businesses last year. They're anticipating more than 150 new jobs in the area because of it.

http://upnorthlive.com/news/local/millions-invested-into-downtown-cadillac-as-it-continues-to-grow

spinalcracker likes this.
  6. SongSungAU

SongSungAU Midas Member Midas Member

In West Virginia, Trump Hails Conservatism and a New G.O.P. Governor
    By MICHAEL D. SHEAR and JONATHAN MARTINAUG. 3, 2017

TrmpWV.jpg
    President Trump with Gov. Jim Justice, who is becoming a Republican, at a rally in Huntington, W.Va., on Thursday. Credit Doug Mills/The New York Times

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. — Bragging about keeping his promises on immigration, the economy, the environment and crime, President Trump celebrated on Thursday with a raucous West Virginia crowd as the state’s Democratic governor announced that he will switch to the Republican Party.

With Gov. Jim Justice by his side, Mr. Trump hailed stock market records and the growth of coal income in West Virginia. And he delivered a lengthy critique of the federal investigations of his campaign’s ties to Russia, calling the matter “a fake story that is demeaning to all of us.” His comments came just hours after reports that a grand jury had been impaneled in the Russia investigation and that subpoenas had been issued.

“Most people know there were no Russians in our campaign; there never were,” Mr. Trump told the crowd in a midsize rural town that drew thousands of supporters from across Appalachia, a region that gave Mr. Trump some of the largest margins of his election. “We didn’t win because of Russia; we won because of you,” he said. “Are there any Russians here tonight? Any Russians?”

The president also demanded that Congress pass a repeal of the Affordable Care Act, urging the crowd to call their lawmakers so they will have “the guts” to take a vote. He vowed to reduce taxes, continue to crack down on immigrants, and rebuild the country’s infrastructure.

The crowd welcomed the announcements, cheering heartily when Mr. Justice officially abandoned the Democratic Party, and repeatedly applauding for Mr. Trump, waving “Women for Trump” and “Make America Great Again” signs.

Mr. Justice said he would officially change his voter registration on Friday. “I will tell you with lots of prayers and lots of thinking, today I will tell you as West Virginians that I can’t help you anymore being a Democrat governor,” he said. He imagined his mother, who has passed away, saying, “Jimmy, it’s about damn time you came to your senses.”

The governor initially received some boos from members of the crowd who seemed uncertain why he was there. But they applauded his announcement, and he quickly wrapped his arms around the president. “This man is a good man. He’s got a backbone, he’s got real ideas. He cares about us in West Virginia,” Mr. Justice said of Mr. Trump. He defended the president over the Russia investigation, saying, “Have we not heard enough about the Russians?”

After the announcement, Mr. Trump praised the governor: “Having Big Jim as a Republican is such an honor,” he said. “Fantastic man, fantastic guy.”

Mr. Justice, a billionaire coal and real estate magnate, ran as a conservative Democrat and declined to endorse Hillary Clinton in 2016. But even as West Virginia has become a reliable Republican state in presidential elections and further down the ballot, a handful of Democrats have still been able to win office.

Mr. Justice, though, is said to have friendly relationships with some members of Mr. Trump’s family. Before entering politics he gave money to officeholders in both parties while variously registering as a Republican, a Democrat and an independent.

Mr. Justice’s decision to change parties will further isolate Senator Joe Manchin III, a West Virginia Democrat and himself a former governor.

Mr. Manchin has resisted the entreaties of Republicans to change parties and add to the two-seat Senate majority. Some Trump administration officials, eyeing Mr. Manchin’s seat, also had hoped to put him in the cabinet, but he has declined all overtures. Now he must stand for re-election in 2018 without the help of a friendly governor.

“Joe Manchin has been and always will be a proud West Virginia Democrat,” said Jonathan Kott, Mr. Manchin’s communications director. Mr. Kott said Mr. Manchin was still not interested in joining the Trump cabinet.

In his first months as governor, Mr. Justice, a colorful and hulking figure who stands over six feet, seven inches, drew headlines beyond West Virginia’s border for bringing a plate of cow excrement into the state Capitol to express his anger at a Republican-passed budget proposal.

“What we have is nothing more than bunch of political bull you-know-what,” Mr. Justice said, pulling the lid off a silver platter to reveal the scented prop atop a printed copy of the budget. But the governor, who found his fortune with coal and now owns The Greenbrier resort, continues to be dogged by the financial issues that Republicans sought to use against him in last year’s campaign.

The state tax department has filed four liens this year against of one of Mr. Justice’s companies, Tams Management Inc., citing nearly $1 million in unpaid taxes, interest and penalties related to his coal mines.

Mr. Justice scaled back his television advertising campaign late in last year’s governor’s campaign, telling Democratic officials that, while wealthy on paper, he had limited liquidity, according to a Democrat involved in the conversations.

Representative Evan Jenkins, one of the Republicans seeking Mr. Manchin’s Senate seat, said he would welcome the governor to his party.

“I simply couldn’t be a part of a liberal agenda that was so contrary to who we are and what we believe in West Virginia,” said Mr. Jenkins, who switched parties several years ago.

Shaking hands with constituents earlier in the day at a meet-and-greet near the stadium where Mr. Trump was scheduled to speak, Mr. Jenkins said he would understand if Mr. Justice felt the same way.

“If Jim Justice is the next to change his party registration to Republican, I welcome him to the Republican party,” he said.

Chris Goertler, a retired consultant from Williamstown, W.V., who was at the stadium to see Mr. Trump, said he used to be a Republican but is now “nonaffiliated.” Told of Mr. Justice’s expected announcement, Mr. Goertler shrugged and said, “I could never be a Democrat myself.”

Russell Lucas, an electrician from Kenova, W.V., who was also in line waiting to see Mr. Trump, said he would welcome Mr. Justice to the Republican Party, but added that he supported him even though he was a Democrat.

“Doesn’t matter to me,” he said. “He’s done a lot for this state already. He’s a mine owner, and I know guys that work in the mines, and all of them like him. They said he’s for the people.”

Mr. Trump repeatedly reminded the crowd of his 42-point margin of victory over Mrs. Clinton in the state. “I love your grit, your spirit,” he said. “And I love our coal miners, and they are coming back strong. The change you voted for is happening every single day.”

source: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/03/...switch-from-democrat-to-republican-trump.html

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    stonedywankanobe and Irons like this.
  7. Irons

I have been kind of avoiding the news the last few days, the swamp is fighting like the cornered rats they are and even brietbart and the gateway pundit are posting unverified bullshit stories. Odd. Misinformation?

I wonder what is actually going on.

Farther along we'll know more about it
    Farther along we'll understand why
    Cheer up my brother live in the sunshine
    We'll understand it all by and by

Scorpio likes this.
  8. Scorpio

agreed, have tapped out myself on all of it

tired of trying to find truth vs fake as the fake is coming fast and furious from all sources, including metals, and directions

Irons likes this.
  9. hammerhead

I appreciate what is stated in the rolling header, Ol Blue Tounge. Sums it up nicely.

10. Irons

One thing I'm not buying is all of a sudden President Trump and everybody with him are flailing around without a plan, powerless to do anything. We were told that several times a week for the entire campaign. Didn't turn out to be true even once.

Hystckndle and Scorpio like this.
  11. Irons

iPhone Supplier Foxconn Announces Second Plant Coming to Michigan in Trump Era

[​IMG]
    Mark Wilson/Getty Images

by WARNER TODD HUSTON7 Aug 2017183

Apple iPhone supplier Foxconn has announced that it is planning a second manufacturing plant, this one in Michigan. After Foxconn announced a new plant in Wisconsin just last month, these newest jobs are coming to the second state that was key to President Trump’s election in 2016.
    The coming Michigan plant will focus on autonomous vehicles, Foxconn founder Terry Gou said, according to CNBC.

“Automotive development in the U.S. is still more advanced than China,” Gou said. “Besides self-driving technology, I’m also interested in artificial intelligence and deep learning technology.”

Like the Wisconsin facility, no final location for the new Michigan plant has been decided.

The Michigan announcement is the second such expansion announced in a state that was crucial to Donald Trump’s 2016 election to the White House.

At the end of July, President Trump announced that the iPhone supplier was to build a manufacturing plant in the Badger State at a site yet to be determined.

Taiwan-based Foxconn is expected to invest $10 billion in the Wisconsin plant, which will employ around 3,000 workers. It is expected to expand over the next few years and bring on new workers. Foxconn plans to build flat-panel screens at the new Wisconsin plant.

Foxconn is the world’s largest contract electronics maker and manufactures various parts for Apple’s iPhone as well as other makers’ brands. It operates vast factories in China but has never had a large presence in the United States.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Twitter @warnerthuston or email the author at igcolonel@hotmail.com.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...unces-second-plant-coming-michigan-trump-era/

Ensoniq, Scorpio and andial like this.
  12. Irons

BOOM!!!

TRUMP AFFECT: 1.1 Million Drop Off Trump Food Stamp Lists — Mostly Illegal Aliens (Video)

Jim Hoft Aug 8th, 2017 9:04 am Leave a Comment

[​IMG]

The Obama Administration met with Mexican officials over thirty times to promote US food stamp program for illegal immigrants.

The Obama regime also used a Spanish soap opera format to push food stamps to illegal immigrants and Spanish-speaking Americans.

Obama did this while nearly doubling the national debt to $19.5 trillion.

Now this…
    There’s a new sheriff in town.

The USDA reported this week that 1.1 million people have dropped off the food stamp lists since the beginning of the year.

According to Breitbart, participation in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) dropped to 41,496,255 in May 2017, the most recent data available from the USDA, from 42,691,363 in January 2017 when Trump took office.

The massive decrease in food stamp recipients can be explained by more state laws requiring work for benefits and the number of illegal aliens who have dropped from the lists.

Scorpio likes this.
  13. Irons

China Announces Their Official Threats Against President Trump’s Economic Security Policy…
    Posted on August 9, 2017 by sundance

Well, many of us were waiting for this – and we have discovered exactly what most CTH readers anticipated, China is a paper tiger.

Last night China finally delivered the official communist government position outlining their perceived leverage over the U.S. and President Trump’s economic diplomacy and economic security platform.

China has always used The Global Times to communicate their official communist state positions. Last night China delivered their warning; oh, you’re gonna love this:

[​IMG]

“US needs correct logic in dealing with North Korea”.

[…] The US asks China for help when it cannot solve its problems with North Korea. Some US elites even want to urge China to claim full responsibility for the issue or they will threaten to retaliate. Under this logic, isn’t it reasonable for North Korea to attack its southern neighbor when it is under military threat from the US?

Moreover, those US elites may not have considered the leverage China has over the US. What if China restricts the usage of iPhones and the number of Chinese students to the US, or imports fewer US agricultural products? (link for more)

Now, it is critical to emphasize this is the official outlook of the Chinese Communist regime and what they perceive as their leverage over the United States. This is the official outlook of the party apparatus behind Xi Jinping.

So let’s look at their position in sequence.

[…] isn’t it reasonable for North Korea to attack its southern neighbor when it is under military threat from the US?

There’s always been a little bit of a disagreement within the U.S. as to whether China is the actual policy team behind the North Korean aggression. Whether they intended it or not, the paragraph that ends with that quote actually solidifies the case that yes, China does control the activity of North Korea; and yes, China is looking to leverage attacks against it’s neighbors as a deterrent.

President Trump has played this out perfectly because there’s a big difference between taking economic action against your neighbor and taking military action. The international community will isolate any conduct based on the latter.

Again, communist China doesn’t ever seem to fully grasp the difference between Economic War and actual Military War because they have a disconnected outlook – SEE HERE– They view conflict, all forms, as a natural part of their expansion.

[…] Moreover, those US elites may not have considered the leverage China has over the US. What if China restricts the usage of iPhones and the number of Chinese students to the US, or imports fewer US agricultural products?

[​IMG]

Threat #1 – Leverage over us based on iPhones? Seriously you cannot make this stuff up.

Perhaps China has, as many suspected, embeded a technological kill switch as part of their stealing innovation from Apple. Or perhaps they are just threatening not to allow Apple to make iPhones in China any more. Regardless, the consequences to the U.S. are nothing more than a possible annoyance for snowflake millennials who might have to switch to the Android platform.

Oh, smack me Big Panda. Smack me so good.

However, take note Apple and other U.S. manufacturing corporations… it might not be so safe with all those investments in China. China is essentially threatening nationalization of your capital. Oh, yeah, let’s hope they actually do that. That’s going to be horrible business optics, and will only drive global investment back into the U.S.

Hurt me Panda. Hurt me true… You’ve got me right where you want me.

Threat #2 – What if China restricts … the number of Chinese students to the US? Oh noes, Big grunchy panda threatening to keep their students at home and leave more opportunities for American students in American colleges. Oh, the horror.

Yes, universities do get to make more money from the rates charged foreign students for tuition. As much as five-times more. But the bottom line is keeping foreign students out of U.S. colleges only opens up space for more American kids and the potential for lower student costs as a result of collegiate competition for Americans.

Oh, Big Panda, you so bad. That one hurt me long time.

Threat #3 – What if China imports fewer US agricultural products? Oh dear. Rut roh. As we have outlined Big-AG is essentially a system of multinational corporations charging Americans more for domestic foodstuffs by exporting U.S. grain, wheat, citrus, poultry, beef and pork. –FULL EXPLANATION HERE – If you take away a portion of the export part of the domestic production equation the net supply-demand result is lower prices for Americans, for American farm products, at the grocery store.

Oh, Big Panda please don’t make me pay less for my groceries. Oh noes.

Yes folks, this is the economic leverage many of us have been talking about for decades as this shift in globalism has taken place. The U.S. Market is the largest market on the planet. Specifically because of bad policy, we are the CUSTOMERS in most of these trade equations. It is OUR MARKET, OUR BUSINESS the Chinese need access to. Not necessarily vice-versa, yet.

China is more dependent on access to us, their customers, than we are to them. There’s virtually nothing we cannot produce ourselves. We can feed ourselves and manufacture ourselves and we have all the raw materials -and abundant energy resources- to do just that.

So let’s summarize the view of leverage the Chinese government claims:

[…] What if China restricts the usage of iPhones and the number of Chinese students to the US, or imports fewer US agricultural products?

Here’s our economic punishment:

♦Less Apple products (iPhones)
    ♦Lower college tuition for American students.
    ♦Lower prices at your grocery store.

Oh, hurt me Big Panda.

Hurt me so good.

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...st-president-trumps-economic-security-policy/

14. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

I always buy made in USA when available. Chinese made stuff is usually crap anyway.

15. Irons

Can you imagine the suicide rate if I phones just stopped working one day? Damn, it would be a mess.
    Dead fuckers everywhere.

brosil likes this.
  16. Irons

Can you hear us now, RINO mothafeckers?

GOP Donors Respond to Obamacare Repeal Failure, Withhold Donations
    TWEET
    EMAIL
    [​IMG]

Mitch McConnell / Getty Images

BY: Kathryn Covert
    August 8, 2017 1:39 pm

Republican donors are protesting GOP lawmakers' failure to repeal Obamacare by withholding donations to the National Republican Senatorial Committee.

At least $2 million in contributions originally promised to the NRSC have not materialized, CNN reported Tuesday.

The failure of Republicans to fulfill a central campaign promise particularly concerns some donors because it could disillusion core voters heading into the 2018 midterms. The uncertainty could put the Republicans' majority—especially in the House of Representatives—at risk.

The Republican majority in the Senate is widely viewed to be safe in the 2018 midterms. Nonetheless, Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R, Ky.) has been privately warning his colleagues and donors that the GOP's 52-48 majority should not be taken for granted, according to CNN. A campaign donation shortfall could impact the GOP's ability to effectively campaign in states where Democratic senators are vulnerable.

Texas-based donor Doug Deason informed congressional Republicans in June that the "Dallas piggy bank" is closed until they take major action on health care and taxes, the Associated Press reported.

Deason refused to host a fundraiser for Rep. Mark Meadows (R, N.C.) and Rep. Jim Jordan (R, Ohio). He further informed House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R, Calif.) his checkbook was closed.

"Get Obamacare repealed and replaced, get tax reform passed," Deason said. "You control the Senate. You control the House. You have the presidency. There's no reason you can't get this done. Get it done and we'll open it [the ‘bank'] back up."

Deason noted he has also encouraged "nearly two dozen major Texas donors to follow his lead," according to the AP.

The NRSC reported $16.2 million in cash-on-hand at the end of June, compared to $17.2 million reported by the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, according to campaign finance filings.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/gop-donors-respond-obamacare-repeal-failure-withhold-donations/

Ensoniq, Scorpio and Glasgow like this.
  17. Irons

Very important, this is already happening. I am seeing lots of new construction and storefronts opening in rural Michigan for the first time in 10 or so years.

U.S. Producer Prices Dropped “Unexpectedly” in July…
    Posted on August 10, 2017 by sundance

The PPI is the Producer Price Index. The CPI is the Consumer Price Index. The PPI reflects the price product producers are getting for their goods and services. The CPI reflects the price consumers are paying for their goods and services. They generally run together as lower production prices usually mean lower consumer prices.

[​IMG]

Here again today, the fed is perplexed. With a growing economy, and with labor market tightening, the people who control the monetary policy have continued to anticipate inflation, rises in the PPI and CPI. However, as we have outlined, it’s not happening.

It’s a little wonky, but basically prices are NOT going up. The Fed is perplexed. We predicted this:

[…] The Labor Department said its producer price index for final demand slipped 0.1 percent last month, weighed by decreasing costs for services. That was the largest decline since August 2016 and reversed June’s 0.1 percent gain.

In the 12 months through July, the PPI increased 1.9 percent after rising 2.0 percent in the year through June. Economists had forecast the PPI to tick up 0.1 percent last month and 2.2 percent from a year ago. (read more)

Neither the PPI nor the CPI measure changes in food or energy costs. Those high consumption sectors have always been removed from Fed measures.

[​IMG]I

MHO the fed removed these sectors, used to calculate inflation, specifically because decades ago they decided to make the U.S. economy a pro-Wall Street ‘service economy’ and didn’t want people to see the data from rising costs in food and fuel.

You felt it at the grocery store, but the government never recorded those higher prices in their inflation numbers. It is all part of the scheme. –Outlined Here– This was the effect of allowing multinational corporations and multinational financial constructs to control large portions of American food, raw materials, and energy production.

However, President Trump’s economic policy runs directly counter to the historic (last 30 years) approach. The middle-class economy, the real economy, is now uncoupled from federal monetary policy which was primarily designed to help Wall Street. With the two economic engines detached you see puzzling economic outcomes like today’s report:

“Another twist of the screw tighter for this labor market but inflation is not able to gain a foothold in this economy,” said Chris Rupkey, chief economist at MUFG in New York. “The pot is on the stove boiling but no inflation steam is coming out.” (read more)

REMINDER:

[​IMG]

In 1984 a name brand polo shirt would cost around $45, a really good 26″ TV around $600 to $1,000, a decent couch $1500, and a pair of name brand sneakers around $100. However, eggs (.49), milk ($1.79 gal), and store bread (2 loaves for $1).

Electric bill $100, water bill $20, phone bill $50.

In 2016 an imported name brand polo costs around $20, a really good 42″ TV $300 to $400, a couch for $500 and a pair of sneakers $50 – All imported, all Asian, all about half of of what they cost in 1984.

However, eggs ($1.99), Milk ($4.00+), and store bread ($2+ each). All domestic products and all double or triple 1984. Electric bill $250, Water bill $100, phone bill $100+. Again domestic consumables, again double, triple or even more.

[​IMG]

We consume and spend more on domestic goods such as food, energy, fuel, than we do purchasing imported durable goods. As a consequence, depending on lifestyle, the net out-of-pocket is essentially the same to a little more.

However, the income opportunity, the jobs, the good paying jobs, well, those are gone because the durables are no longer part of the domestic production.

To keep the unemployed pitchforks at bay, government policy (now directed by Wall Street globalists and corporations) subsidize the income gap. Ergo EBT, WIC and food stamp assistance necessarily increasing.

The pitchforks are dropped, but economic independence turns to dependence. With government policy adjusted accordingly – deficits necessarily explode. Stopping those deficits would require an actual budget. There hasn’t been a federal budget since ’07…. “Omnibus”,… Sound familiar?

Yes, under Donald Trump’s proposal the cost of “durable” goods -at least those we import- will increase. Your iPhone might cost $800 instead of $600. However, the North Carolina apparel, clothing and furniture manufacturing market will have an opportunity to revitalize – and with it, jobs, people as the tailors and the custom wood furniture makerswould have opportunity to thrive again with their creations.

There’s going to be a period of pain as U.S. manufacturing finds its footing and begins to restart. However, in the longer term, it’s a shift from “dependency” to “independence”.

Those who were fully matriculated independent adults prior to 1984 know exactly what needs to be done.

Freedom is dependent upon it.

[​IMG]

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/08/10/u-s-producer-prices-dropped-unexpectedly-in-july/

18. Scorpio

Irons,

same on the other side of the lake too,

mu·si·cal chairs
    ˈˌmyo͞ozəkəl ˈCHe(ə)rz/
    noun
    noun: musical chairs
    a party game in which players compete for a decreasing number of chairs, the losers in successive rounds being those unable to find a chair to sit on when the accompanying music is abruptly stopped.

Irons likes this.
  19. Irons

20. andial

Bump! Best line by president Trump in a month!

stonedywankanobe, Glasgow and Irons like this.
  21. andial

Reading some comments on that site that are wrong.
    Trump was not trolling Putin at all he was trolling the state department and the media he knows we don't need those feckers they've been outsourced!

stonedywankanobe, Glasgow and Irons like this.
  22. Irons

When he said that the media types were flabbergasted. It was beautiful!

stonedywankanobe, Glasgow and andial like this.
  23. andial

Some neo-con scum on that site are bending Trumps statement to make it read as a jab at Putin.

24. Irons

I am limiting my news site consumption, reading too much of the crap gets depressing.
    Once I take a step back and look at it again it all looks like dogs chasing their tails. I think the maroons get paid by the word.

spinalcracker likes this.
  25. Irons

“There are Trillions of Dollars at Stake”…
    Posted on August 15, 2017 by sundance

There are trillions of dollars at stake; you might have heard us mention that before. At no time was it more clearly evident than RIGHT NOW.

[​IMG]

All anxiety is driven by the economics of politics. Oh, they’ll point to other excuses; but those who understand the larger elements within multinational corporate and government finance totally understand this is all about money.

Economics is money. Money is Economics.

Every syllable and syntax by every oppositional entity, and the authorities who are directing them, are related to the current economic threat that is President Trump. Those who really understand this dynamic; those who are comprehensively willing to look at the biggest picture, can easily guide their friends and family through the motives of hate.

♦China is resisting the economics off President Trump with North Korea.
    ♦Russia is trying to resist the economics of Trump with Syria.
    ♦Mitch McConnell is resisting the economics of President Trump with antipathy and inaction.
    ♦The Wall Street Journal is resisting the economics of Trump.
    ♦Paul Ryan is resisting the economics of President Trump with budget delays and fiscal obfuscation.
    ♦Professional corporate media, all sides, are desperately resisting the economics of Trump.
    ♦The UniParty is resisting the economics of Trump.
    ♦The swamp is resisting the economics of PresidentTrump.
    ♦Adverse international interests are aligned to resist the economics of Trump.
    ♦CEO’s are resigning advisory boards because of the economics of Trump.
    ♦Statues are being torn down to resist the economics of Trump.
    ♦Millions of people are being manipulated specifically due to the economics of President Trump….

And remember, the economics of President Trump are YOUR economics.

“America First” is for YOUR future, your families future, America’s future.

Not his, yours.

“It must be always be remembered; there is nothing more difficult to plan, more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to manage than a new system. For the initiator has the enmity of all who would profit by the preservation of the old institution and merely lukewarm defenders in those who gain by the new ones. ”
    Niccolò Machiavelli

It has always been thus.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/08/15/there-are-trillions-of-dollars-at-stake/

26. Irons

On Eve of NAFTA Re-negotiations Manufacturing CEO’s and Richard Trumka Drop Masks…
    Posted on August 15, 2017 by sundance

The transparency is obvious for anyone who has followed the history of motives behind U.S. business entities, and affiliates, who each have vested financial interests in global manufacturing exploitation to the detriment of America’s economic interests and U.S middle-class workers.

It would be laughable if their oppositional interest was not so consequential. However, TEAM USA will prevail. Bigly. Believe it. For many years CTH has been warning about the “trillion dollar stakeholders” in the multinational corporatism that infects the U.S. body politic. –Outlined HERE

[​IMG]

Toward that end manufacturing CEO’s, who have vested interests in retaining international manufacture of their products for U.S. market, took up positions aboard President Trump’s manufacturing council in an effort to steer the “America First” shift in economic policy.

Those CEO council voices initially convinced President Trump not to “scrap” the NAFTA trade deal and instead requested a “re-negotiation” therein. However, on the eve of the actual re-negotiation taking place, and against the backdrop of looming and consequential trade sanctions against China, those same entities are facing a reality where the system enabling their continued indulgences is likely to be collapsed. Because Trump.

The communist Chinese government is no longer trying to hide their prior insurance payments into the corrupt and exploitative economic policy of the U.S.

[​IMG]

From communist Beijing their position is clear:

CHINA #1 – Washington is more experienced than China in trade wars. But US society and opinion can hardly bear their own losses. If a China-US trade war starts, many of those who now support a hardline stance toward China would turn against the Trump administration. (link)

China is counting on supportive confrontation from all of the DC corrupt politicians and business enterprises who have indulged and accepted payment for policy services rendered.

Simultaneously China is prepping to hit back with use of the U.S. CoC, Auto Industry and massive Big Agricultural lobby to retain their parasitic economic position:

CHINA #2 – […] Now it is hard to predict how far the US investigations will go and what the conclusions will be. The US will collect a number of bargaining chips and ask China to pay the bill. China needs to adopt detailed countermeasures to cope with US artifice.

Beijing should consider anti-monopoly and anti-dumping investigations into US companies and collect evidence of the US’ unfair competition. In addition, China should plan retaliatory precautions in the export sectors the US cares about the most, including agricultural products and automobiles. (link)

Just like the useful idiots on the left and how the globalists manipulate them toward positions antithetical to their own best interests; if you don’t think that China is smart enough to know the key to protecting their economics is to kick up additional strife; well, you don’t understand how underhanded and sneaky the Chinese are.

CHINA #3 – […] Compared with previous administrations, recently race relations have been much more strained during Trump’s term. However, today’s race conflicts are nothing compared with those of the 1960s and 1970s, and thus there are ways to play down the current tensions.

But the Charlottesville violence is serious as it is not an isolated affair. Apart from the long-standing divide among different ethnic groups in US society, today’s racial tensions are rising under new backgrounds.

The US is seeing sliding national strength, and globalization has struck a blow to the interests of middle- and lower-class whites. This is the new source of US anxieties. If society can’t work out a solution, these anxieties will be transformed into domestic issues, especially racial conflicts. The issue of race in today’s US has its origin in a number of factors and thus may have staying power.

Trump said he was strongly against taking in more immigrants on the campaign trail. After assuming office, Trump is the president of all Americans, but some white supremacists still regard him as “theirs” and believe their time has come.

Social welfare resources are less abundant than before, and minority groups are increasingly competitive. The competition for welfare and other resources is unprecedentedly intense between white people and minorities, with shrinking leeway for both sides.

Racial tensions were a major human rights and political issue in the 1960s and 1970s, but now it is increasingly penetrating everyday life in the US, intertwining with many other issues. (link)

Consider the example of apparel maker Under Armour. The CEO, Kevin Plank, resigned from President Trump’s manufacturing council Monday citing scrutiny over Trump’s response to the violent white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Now where do you think Kevin Plank has Under Amour manufactured? YEP, CHINA !

Additionally, in January when President Trump was about to take office and goal of AFL-CIO Chairman Richard Trumka was to maneuver himself into the best position possible to retain his indulgences – he was intent on cozying up to President Trump.

(see tweet)

[​IMG]

Remember, union leader Trumka isn’t about supporting workers, his objectives are to support his own ideological enterprises. Trumka receives compensation and indulgences from the same lobbying entities who manipulate political policy in Washington DC.

That reality is why Trumka supported ObamaCare when it was against the interests of his actual middle-class union membership.

That reality is also why Trumka endorsed Hillary Clinton, over Bernie Sanders, yet he fully understood that Clinton was in support of the Trans-Pacific-Partnership trade deal; and again TPP is against the interests of his union membership.

The same thing is going on here with NAFTA about to be renegotiated and Trumka now fleeing the CEO manufacturing council.

View image on Twitter
    [​IMG]

Follow
    [​IMG]Richard L. Trumka

✔@RichardTrumka

I cannot sit on a council for a President that tolerates bigotry and domestic terrorism; I resign, effective immediately.

5:47 PM - Aug 15, 2017

Trumka quits the advisory council on the same day President Trump introduces massive “Infrastructure spending”? That spending will specifically assist the membership Trumka is supposed to represent.

Even without the history of Trumka’s self-indulgent motivations, today’s example alone provides you all you need to know about who and what are the motives and intents.

It’s all about the economics folks. All of it.

It’s a BIG CLUB and we haven’t allowed to be in it. We elected President Trump to finally defeat this BIG CLUB and represent our interests and those club members are thrashing out, desperate in their efforts to retain their economic position.

There are Trillions of Dollars at stake.

[​IMG]

27. Irons

The Super Bowl is on, and the other sides are pathetic. Try not to laugh, folks......MAGA!

U.S., Canada and Mexico Outline NAFTA Priorities – Canada’s Hilarious Virtue Signaling, and Mexico Perpetually Offended…
    Posted on August 16, 2017 by sundance
    [​IMG]

Canada seeks inclusion of gender & indigenous rights in #NAFTAnegotiations via @nytimes http://nyti.ms/2vz3O2a

6:01 PM - Aug 16, 2017
    [​IMG]
    Canada Wants a New Nafta to Include Gender and Indigenous Rights
    Canada’s foreign affairs minister, Chrystia Freeland, vowed to make the pact “more progressive” during negotiations with Washington, but offered few details.

I find it interesting that Chinese TV is more interested in NAFTA renegotiation than most U.S., Canada or Mexico media. Against the backdrop of China exploiting NAFTA as a backdoor into the U.S. market we accept this disparate level of interest is not accidental. China is specifically the “third party dumper” mentioned by Robert Lighthizer.

The negotiations can have as many as six rounds; each round lasting 5 days; two rounds in each nation, over the course of three months, with each round tackling a different economic sector.

It is also entirely possible they could also end sooner, much sooner.

The introductory remarks by Trade representatives from Canada, Mexico and the U.S. can be considerably enlightening for those who review the transparent political agendas behind the trade discussions. I have a spidey sense these first round negotiations might not even make it to Sunday.

In the video below it is interesting to watch Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland, outline her priorities (also here in more detail). Ms. Freeland gives her remarks in English, Spanish and French. If you can watch Freeland without A.) Laughing hysterically, or B.) punching your TV/Computer screen, well, you’re Job.

Through Ms. Freedlan’s leadership – Canada is focused on ensuring a “progressive trade agenda”. She is demanding a focus on LGBTQ, and specifically transgender rights in the trade deal, in addition to cultural sensitivity aspects, and climate change. Go figure.

Remarks begin at 04:50 of video with a quick housekeeping set up by Robert Lighthizer.

♦Ms. Freeland remarks begin at 06:00.

♦Mr. Guajardo remarks at 12:45 and

♦Ambassador Lighthizer at 17:50.

The Mexicans are already offended, and it’s only the opening remarks:

[​IMG]

Follow
    [​IMG]José Díaz-Briseño

✔@diazbriseno

Tough, rude opening statement on #NAFTA today by Lighthizer, a breach of traditional protocol for host country, some on the Mexican side say https://twitter.com/sdonnan/status/897823406678315009 …

11:08 AM - Aug 16, 2017
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

And now you know why Canada desperately wants to keep the Chapter 19 dispute settlement clause. – EXPLAINED HERE

[​IMG]

View image on Twitter
    [​IMG]

Follow
    [​IMG]Chrystia Freeland

✔@cafreeland

Happy to sit down with Secretary @ildefonsogv in #Washington to discuss the strong ties between Canadians & Mexicans. #cdnpoli#NAFTA

11:19 AM - Aug 16, 2017
    sundance says:
    August 16, 2017 at 6:07 pm

Canada supports the “third party dumping”.

The auto parts are from China, assembled in Canada and Mexico and shipped into the U.S. via NAFTA as a backdoor to avoid taxes on Chinese auto products.

Follow
    [​IMG]Richard Madan

✔@RichardMadan

Freeland repeats: Canada "not in favour" of changing 'rules of origin' in auto sector #NAFTA

5:41 PM - Aug 16, 2017

[​IMG]

28. Irons

Oh for fucks sake President Trump sends a squad of killers to the NAFTA negotiations and Canada sends a kindergarten teacher.

“Freeland attended the United World College of the Adriatic.[22] She received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Russian history and literature from Harvard University and a Master of Studies degree in Slavonic Studies from St Antony’s College, Oxford as a Rhodes Scholar in 1993.” [wikipedia]

Exactly what qualifies Freeland to be a trade negotiator?

Nothing – She’s a political hack, as Trump says.

View image on Twitter
    [​IMG]

Follow
    [​IMG]Shawn Donnan

✔@sdonnan

Canada's approach to #Nafta will always be polite and cordial and reflect Justin Trudeau's "sunny ways", Freeland says.

andial likes this.
  29. andial

That's rachel maddow who is showing Merkel her pink socks right?

stonedywankanobe and Irons like this.
  30. Irons

Bannon Hits Back At Critics Over Controversial Interview: It ‘Drew Fire Away’ From POTUS

Joshua Caplan Aug 17th, 2017 9:32 am 20 Comments

Chief White House Strategist Steve Bannon defended his interview with progressive magazine American Prospect, arguing it ‘drew fire away’ from President Trump.

[​IMG]
    Daily Mail UK reports:

Steve Bannon said Thursday that his controversial interview with a liberal magazine writer was a positive for the White House since it slowed down the media’s momentum in covering President Donald Trump‘s remarks about the weekend’s violence in Virginia.

In a freewheeling discussion with the American Prospect, the White House’s chief strategist dished dirt on his internal disagreements with top economic advisers about an ‘economic war’ with China, contradicted Trump’s position on the possibility of a military option to end a North Korean standoff and boasted that Democrats would lose elections if they continued to focus on racial politics.

Bannon told DailyMail.com that his remarks ‘drew fire away from POTUS,’ meaning President Trump, and that he successfully ‘changed the [media] narrative’ with a single phone call.

It’s unclear if there has been any blowback in the West Wing from Bannon’s unexpected on-the-record remarks to the magazine, which came in an unsolicited phone call on Wednesday.

A White House aide told the British paper that Bannon’s interview would be “seen internally as a positive in one respect,” in relation to his strong dismissal of white supremacy.

Daily Mail UK reports:

Separately, a White House aide told DailyMail.com that Bannon’s interview would be seen internally as a positive in one respect – his dismissal of ‘constant arguments about racism’ as a prudent political strategy and his strong criticism of white nationalists as a ‘collection of clowns.’

‘The president doesn’t like all the Democrats’ focus on racism, and it’s good that Steve mocked it as politically stupid,’ the aide said. ‘Plus, distance from actual racists is a good thing.’

Bannon had told American Prospect that Democrats’ fixation on race politics instead of jobs and the economy would be their doom in 2020.

‘The longer they talk about identity politics, I got ’em. I want them to talk about racism every day,’ he boasted.

‘If the left is focused on race and identity, and we go with economic nationalism, we can crush the Democrats.’

In a rare interview with the progressive magazine American Prospect on Wednesday, Bannon slammed white supremacists amid national outrage over last weekend’s racist Charlottesville car attack.

Prospect.org reports:

I asked Bannon about the connection between his program of economic nationalism and the ugly white nationalism epitomized by the racist violence in Charlottesville and Trump’s reluctance to condemn it. Bannon, after all, was the architect of the strategy of using Breitbart to heat up white nationalism and then rely on the radical right as Trump’s base.

He dismissed the far right as irrelevant and sidestepped his own role in cultivating it: “Ethno-nationalism—it’s losers. It’s a fringe element. I think the media plays it up too much, and we gotta help crush it, you know, uh, help crush it more.”

“These guys are a collection of clowns,” he added.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  31. Irons

Massive Waves of Illegal Aliens Swarming Into Canada Seeking Refuge – Officials Say “Unsustainable”…
    Posted on August 17, 2017 by sundance

You can call this.. well, wait,… first we need the context….

President Trump, DHS and ICE have been cracking down on illegal aliens. As a consequence, in June of this year 884 illegal aliens fled the U.S. for asylum in Canada. A month later, in July, that number skyrocketed over four hundred percent to more than 3,100. And now in the first two weeks of August it has doubled again to more than 3,800 flooding into Canada through August 15th. At this rate August will see over 7,000 illegal aliens fleeing the U.S. for safe-harbor in Canada.

[​IMG]

Yes, we can officially call this supermagawonder-winning. Heck, if we wait a little longer, pretty soon Canada might be paying us to build the Southern Border Wall.

TORONTO/MONTREAL (Reuters) – The number of asylum seekers who illegally crossed the U.S. border into Canada more than tripled last month, according to Canadian government data released on Thursday, as migrants worried about the U.S. administration’s immigration crackdown head north.

More than 3,100 people walked across the border illegally in July to file refugee claims and were arrested, up from 884 in June, the federal government said.

Ninety-six percent of them went to Quebec, where an influx of asylum seekers, primarily Haitians, is sparking a backlash from opposition politicians and anti-immigrant groups in the primarily French-speaking province.

In the first 15 days of August, an additional 3,800 asylum seekers were arrested crossing the U.S. border into Quebec, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police said. More than 1,000 people are living in tents and government facilities at a Lacolle, Quebec border crossing across from upstate New York.

“It’s not a crisis. It’s a situation that is extraordinary. But it’s well-managed,” Transport Minister Marc Garneau told reporters in Lacolle on Thursday.

Canada is struggling to house and provide social assistance for the influx of asylum seekers as its refugee system faces the worst delays in years.

The Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB), which is responsible for hearing all asylum claims, has redeployed resources to deal with the Quebec arrivals.

“The IRB had to make adjustments to be in a position to respond to the current situation that is clearly unsustainable,” spokeswoman Anna Pape said in an email. (read more)

Follow
    [​IMG]Justin Trudeau

✔@JustinTrudeau

To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength #WelcomeToCanada

4:20 PM - Jan 28, 2017

A brilliant Treeper suggestion, proposed to support the Canadian NAFTA virtuous objectives and simultaneously support the Trumpian infrastructure proposal, was an elevated Interstate High-Speed Rail System running from Mexico to Canada. We could use State Department Refugee funds and call it “I-Caramba”.

Now that would be epic super-maga-wonder-winning.

Fast-Track transport entertainment provided by the “I-Caramba Welcome and Transfer Committee”:

[​IMG]

Share this:

Glasgow, andial and Ensoniq like this.
  32. Ensoniq

Ensoniq Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Free Marketeer
    Who knew

Canada was such as racist bigoted country. These people are down on their luck and only need welfare for life and safe place to blow things up. Take care of em already

andial and Irons like this.
  33. andial

I hope Trudeau gets gang raped.

Irons likes this.
  34. Ensoniq

Free Marketeer
    It might be more satisfying to hope for something he wouldn't like

Joe King and andial like this.
  35. Irons

Well, Well, Well – President Trump Flips Bannon The Zippo?…
    Posted on August 18, 2017 by sundance

President Donald J Trump has done a remarkable job creating a seismic political shift that has gone far beyond drawing a line in the republican sand.
    Heck, Donald Trump openly dug a trench on his pre-selected battle space within all political encampments.

[​IMG]

Without any apology or hidden motive, President Trump filled the trench with a highly explosive electorate fuel (the result from years of Republican lies and deceit), and boldly stood behind his formation twirling a Zippo while looking toward the deceivers.

Today, it sounds like President Trump hands off the Zippo to Steve Bannon:

“If there’s any confusion out there, let me clear it up: I’m leaving the White House and going to war for Trump against his opponents — on Capitol Hill, in the media, and in corporate America.” ~ Stephen K Bannon .. .. aarock.gif

(Via Bloomberg) […] According to a person close to Bannon, he met Wednesday with conservative billionaire Robert Mercer, co-chief executive of Renaissance Technologies and a major financial supporter of both Trump and Bannon’s efforts. The two mapped out a path ahead for Bannon’s post-White House career and discussed how Trump could get his agenda back on track.

The following evening, Mercer and several other major Republican donors had dinner with Trump to share their thinking, and Mercer also had a private meeting with Trump to pledge to redouble his efforts to support Bannon and advance Trump’s agenda. (read more)

[​IMG]

Oh boy.

There is an expression:

“I will leave you naked before your enemies”…
    …a proactive assertion essentially stating: if you chose to engage in war with me – not only do I promise your defeat against my interests, but I will lay you open to exposure from all adversaries who will then take advantage of your new vulnerability.

This Trump, Mercer and Bannon agreement definitely sounds like “The Big Ugly” is coming.

President Trump, through policy proposals, forced sunshine upon our enemies inside the wire; he made them expose themselves. As a result, the various “opposition voices” are put into a precarious position of attacking Trump in a vain effort to retain their necessary and self-interested position. Consequently, the republican wing of the UniParty exposed their alignment with usurping powers of Machiavellian intent.

This could will definitely be fun; as Menagerie noted earlier:

One of the notifications I got in the email today from Twitter included a Jonah Goldberg tweet that President Trump’s next step was to get single payer.

I’m not Twitter wise, and thought he might be linking an interesting article so I clicked. Spent a few minutes reading a bunch of comments from counting their chickens before they are hatched Trump haters who went off on a tangent that Trump is next going to declare all out war on Congress and then they joyously slapped each others backs at the thought of him being so stupid as to do that to the very people who are waiting to impeach him because they have the real power.

These fruit fly maniacs are seriously deluding each other in their country clubs and on their golf carts. Frankly, in my business I have worked with just a few of them, and many are insufferably ignorant, just exactly as they seem.

Never have I seen so many people who live their lives in a tiny little bubble think they know so much about what is going on in the world. For God’s sake, they live in a gold plated petri dish.

I believe that the American people who elected President Trump are more committed than ever. After the election, seeing the putridity is even more deep and wide than we thought, and we knew it was bad, I happen to believe we have been validated, and that my fellow citizens do too.

Those of us who struggle every day, who work for a living, who either experience ourselves, or watch loved ones slowly sinking, knowing they are going under soon, from the final burden of Obamacare on a budget that had maybe a couple hundred extra dollars on a good month, those of us who lost good jobs during the Obama reign of terror, those of us who are watching the hordes of migrants kill and steal, drain and demand, and many of whom pay more in taxes than the median wage, we aren’t backing down. They will face a total rage sweeping across this land if they dare to try to take away the leader we chose. I will NOT be denied. I am not alone, not by a long shot.

The trouble is, they believe their own shit. Jonah Goldberg and all that crowd have not once looked around and said “Damn, we ain’t been right about anything for two years now. Maybe we should look around and see what’s going on.” No, they just keep believing in themselves because they still have their money, their select medical plans, their country clubs, and their isolated gated lifestyle.

Talking heads like Goldberg, and insert about twenty more here, are truthfully only pissed because we the unwashed people are not listening to them. They still cannot believe we have dared to not bow to the thinking of our betters. Then, we dared to not believe the lies of our political overlords. Then, we dared to ask them to make good on their rallying cries. We dared. How dare we.

I think that the election of President Trump might be a result of the changes they missed while drinking martinis and screwing us over again and again. People loathe Obamacare. We are fed up with paying for illegal immigrants to get care we can’t afford. We are watching every single development in Europe and seeing the writing they can’t read.

We really are almost at the point of nothing to lose.

I voted not for Republicans but for Trump. I swore never to vote Republican again. Now I face the age old dupe from them again. Can I bear to turn Congress over to the Democrats again with Trump in office? I don’t know, but what the hell are they giving me? I am probably going to violate my own oath and vote for Republicans while Trump remains in office, but the minute he is out, I want them dead. I want to see the party destroyed and I believe with all my heart and my pretty damned intelligent head that it has got to happen for us to win.

We are on the Republican plantation just like the poor inner city people who live in the projects are on the Democrat one. Same same. And they are getting a better fricking deal.

This country is boiling and they cannot see it. I want the blood of the Republican oligarchs.

~ Menagerie.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Share this:https://theconservativetreehouse.co...ips-bannon-the-zippo/comment-page-1/#comments

Ensoniq and smooth like this.
  36. Ensoniq

Free Marketeer
    This thread needs a musical theme

Irons likes this.
  37. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

U.S. Manufacturers ‘Alarmed’ by Trump’s Push for Natural Gas Exports

August 17, 2017 by Bloomberg

[​IMG]
    Loading of the first commissioning cargo at the Sabine Pass LNG Terminal in February 2016. File photo: Cheniere Energy

By Ari Natter (Bloomberg) — President Donald Trump’s effort to boost U.S. energy is facing push back from manufacturers who say exporting more natural gas may undercut his “America First” jobs focus.

The Industrial Energy Consumers of America asked the administration Wednesday for a moratorium on U.S. approvals for liquefied natural gas projects. The trade association, which represents U.S. manufacturers that depend on cheap energy to fuel their factories, sent a letter to Energy Secretary Rick Perry Wednesday.

It’s “inconsistent with President Trump’s fair trade and America-first policy,” Paul N. Cicio, the group’s president, said in a phone interview. “It’s a stunningly breathtaking amount of natural gas that could be exported.”

Natural Gas Exports Can Solve U.S. Energy Glut

The dispute between oil and gas companies and manufacturers is but one among business groups over Trump’s agenda. Oil companies oppose Trump’s idea to require that pipelines be made in the U.S.; agriculture producers oppose some of his trade policies; and refiners have pushed the White House to drop consideration of sanctions on Venezuelan oil imports.

In its letter, the energy consumers group say that exports could drain as much as two-thirds of U.S. natural gas resources by 2050. The group doesn’t disclose its members, but its 2015 tax filing says it represented The Dow Chemical Co., Corning Inc. and other factory owners. The chief executives of both companies, Andrew Liveris for Dow and Wendell Weeks for Corning, are members of the president’s manufacturing council. Trump said he would disband that council Wednesday after a number of members quit in the wake of his comments about white supremacists who marched in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Neither Dow nor Corning responded to requests for comment.

More Approvals
    “We remain alarmed at the volume of LNG exports that have been approved for periods of 20-30 years,” the group says in its letter. “Of greatest concern, is that the administration has said publicly that it will approve more applications to export” to countries that don’t have a free-trade agreement with the U.S.

The dispute shows how Trump’s formulation of American energy dominance could have a downside for other U.S. companies, said Kevin Book, managing director of Washington-based ClearView Energy Partners LLC.

“The question isn’t about the next five years, it’s about the next 20 years,” Book said in an interview. “For anyone who is making an industrial investment in the U.S. these days is thinking very much in that time frame.”

For LNG Exporters, Is Smaller Better?

U.S. natural gas futures have risen since the first cargo of liquefied shale gas left Louisiana’s shores last year — and more of the fuel is slated to set sail this year as Cheniere Energy Inc. starts up another LNG plant at its Sabine Pass terminal.

Meanwhile, the natural gas industry rejects the idea the U.S. doesn’t have enough natural gas supplies to do it all.

“It advances our national security interests by providing allies access to diverse sources of energy, improves the global environment and contributes to correcting the U.S. trade deficit,” said Charlie Riedl, executive director for the Center for LNG, which represents companies such as Golden Pass LNG, a Texas export terminal being developed by a joint venture of Qatar Petroleum, ExxonMobil Corp. and ConocoPhillips. “The U.S. has a limited window to take advantage of new demand.”

Modern LNG Carriers Earning More Taking the Scenic Route

The number of countries seeking to import U.S. liquefied natural gas has increased to 39 from 10 in 2000, according to the Washington-based trade group.

© 2017 Bloomberg L.P

Filed Under: News Tagged With: president trump, us lng exports

http://gcaptain.com/u-s-manufacturers-alarmed-trump-push-natural-gas-exports/

38. Irons

As Predicted – Washington Swamp Worried Trump Won’t Spend Enough Money…
    Posted on August 19, 2017 by sundance

This is one of those paradigm shift CTH predictions that many people scoffed at back in 2015/2016 when we discussed a Trump federal budget, and how Washington DC politicians would respond to a president who actually planned to cut spending. Back in February we warned:

[…] The UniParty is going to fight hard, very hard, to retain their spending. Don’t be surprised to see GOPe “conservatives” demanding President Trump spend more money. We have been repeating this warning since he announced his bid for the presidency in 2015. (link)

[​IMG]

Today’s headline reads “Fears Grow That Trump Could Ignore Congress on Spending“. Traditional thinking, at first glance of the headline, would be the President might ignore budgetary levels and spend more than he should. However, in reality, the paradigm shift is the exact opposite. DC is worried that President Trump won’t spend enough money.

Let that sink in for a minute.

THAT’S a prime example of: A.) evidence of the DC UniParty; and, B.) how ridiculously dysfunctional and broken the federal budgetary and spending process has become. DC lawmakers are now consulting attorneys and planning to sue the President and force him to spend money.

WASHINGTON – Lawmakers and activists are preparing for the possibility that President Donald Trump’s administration, in its zeal to slash the federal budget, will take the rare step of deliberately not spending all the money Congress gives it — a move sure to trigger legal and political battles.

The concern is mainly focused on the State Department, where Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has drawn criticism for failing to spend $80 million allocated by Congress to fight Russian and terrorist propaganda and for trying to freeze congressionally authorized fellowships for women and minorities. Activists and congressional officials fear such practices could take hold at other U.S. departments and agencies under Trump.

“We’ve seen just too many instances these past few months … where there is clear congressional intent and funds provided, yet an unwillingness or inability to act,” Sen. Ben Cardin of Maryland, the ranking Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said in a statement to POLITICO.

Advocacy groups are consulting lawyers and gathering information on current spending and the laws that govern the budget; one nongovernmental-organization network is even surveying humanitarian organizations to gather more facts. Capitol Hill staffers are scouring the fine print of appropriations bills, hunting for loopholes that would allow the executive branch to slow down or stop spending. (read more)

It’s bizzarro world.

Good grief. Republicans control the House and Senate. Republicans don’t need a single Democrat to pass a budget. Not one. The House originates a budget with a simple majority, and the Senate passes it with reconciliation (51 votes). [That’s actually the primary and original intent of the “reconciliation” process in the senate.]

We haven’t had a federal budget in a decade. The last federal budget was signed into law by George W. Bush in September of 2007 for fiscal year 2008. The entire Obama presidency went two terms without a single budget ever passed by congress and signed into law.

Now, the same DC apparatus who intentionally avoided any spending restrictions during the Obama years is suing the first year Trump administration for not spending money.

[​IMG]

♦ President Trump is proposing a 10% first year increase in defense spending. That equals approximately $54 billion more for defense. If you look at the income from his projected GDP growth (4% = $200 billion), you can see how easily that expenditure is covered.

♦ President Trump is proposing significant wholesale cuts to all other departments including Dept of State and EPA. The U.S. State Department has over 70,000 employees, that alone is ridiculous. Easily the DoS can eliminate 20% of staff, and find efficiencies well beyond those numbers.

Essentially, President Trump’s proposed budget outline (full pdf and explanation here) is a decrease of 10% per department. Easily attainable, especially when you consider these departments have been operating at around 3% rates of growth due to nine years of base-line budget growth without a federal budget in place.

You only need to look back to 2006 to see federal spending was under $3 trillion. Fiscal year 2008 was the last year we had a federal budget in place. Every year since then has been continuing resolutions, omnibus spending, debt ceiling increases and base-line budget growth (spend 3% more) based on prior year expenditures.

President Trump is the first President in 30 years to actually propose a budget that reduces spending in whole numbers from the prior year.

President Trump is proposing a reduction in actual spending, not a reduction in the rate of growth of spending. Remember, 3% of the proposed cut is just not spending more than the prior year (that’s the base-line budget growth); consequently depending on the department the actual cut is much less than 10%.

The UniParty is going to fight hard, very hard, to retain their spending. Don’t be surprised to see GOPe “conservatives” demanding President Trump spend more money. We have been repeating this warning since he announced his bid for the presidency in 2015.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Part IWhy Congress is not providing President Trump legislation in 2017

Part IIWhat it means when congress is not providing Trump legislation

Part IIIA possible solution to the larger problem – A Prediction.

Part IVDC Lobbyists Admit they control the legislation.

Part VTrump building a 21st Century “Main Street” Banking System

Share this:

Ensoniq likes this.
  39. Irons

Atlanta Fed Estimates U.S. Third-Quarter GDP Growing at 4.0 percent…
    Posted on August 19, 2017 by sundance

“It can’t be done”, they said. “There’s no way Trump can achieve 4.0% economic growth” they said. The Congressional Budget Office said economic projections were “improbable”, they said…. “Impossible”, they said.

Yeah, well, Donald Trump said: “Impossible is just the starting point“. And now:

NEW YORK (Reuters) – The U.S. economy is on track to expand at a 4.0 percent annualized pace in the third quarter with inventory investment contributing 1.12 percentage points to growth, the Atlanta Federal Reserve’s GDP Now forecast model showed on Thursday. (read more)

[​IMG]

How is this possible? Well, if you’ve never had to wash your hands with Lava – it might seem impossible. For those who have washed with Lava, it’s simple common sense.

The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth, is the growth in value of all goods and services produced within the economy over a specified period of time. A key part of that equation is the sum total of exported goods minus imported goods is part of the measure. Only the stuff created in the U.S. increases the growth dynamic. If you import more, the GDP shrinks. It’s simple arithmetic.

If you grow exports, and maintain a constant on imported products, the net lowering of the trade deficit adds to GDP growth. It’s not a hard equation. If our economy is making more stuff, our economy is growing.

[​IMG]

Here’s the part a few of us have been talking about for a long time, and more recently when candidate Trump announced his economic plans we immediately saw the common sense behind the strategy.

Specifically within the Energy sector, Obama’s policies were shutting down energy development. Coal mines shut down; pipelines stopped; natural gas permits held up; etc. The sum impact was higher energy costs and more reliance on imports of foreign oil etc. Importing energy resources shrinks the domestic economy (we ain’t making it) and lowers the GDP (we’re importing it).

Enter Trump.

President Trump unleashes the energy sector. Coal mines reopened (energy coal and metallurgy coking coal), pipelines approved, and LNG (liquified natural gas) permits and pipelines fast-tracked, and permits for new refineries approved. In addition to ongoing oil exploitation, the entire energy sector was quickly unleashed.

But wait, it went further.

President Trump’s energy policy initiatives took energy dependence (importing), and within months began skyrocketing toward energy independence.

But wait, it went further.

Enter Commerce Secretary Wilbur “Wilburine” Ross.

Together with President Trump, Secretary Wilbur Ross immediately began reaching out to allied nations for energy export agreements. Within months coal (coking and energy coal) was being exported to Asia and Europe. Massive increases in exports.

Within a few more months LNG contracts were written and approved and natural gas began being exported to Asia and Europe. Ireland just signed a big contract (€338,000,000) for massive shipments of Texas LNG.

[​IMG]

Early agreements with the Arab States (Gulf Cooperation Council) to negotiate oil production levels in exchange for assistance with their domestic security initiatives (weapons sales), in combination with agreements with Emmanuel Macron (France) to drive production in Libya and North Africa, kept global oil supplies flowing. In conjunction with our North American production increases, this energy approach has kept oil prices lower.

[It didn’t hurt to have the former CEO of Exxon-Mobil, Rex Tillerson, as our Secretary of state either. It wasn’t his first Arabian sword dance. Almost like a plan. Much to the angst of Russia, Iran and Venezuela – go figure.]

You might have missed it, but we went straight past Memorial Day 2017 and instead of gas prices increasing, we saw them continue to drop. First time in decades for lower gas prices at the pumps during peak summer gas use.

MagaSuperWonderWinning.

Back to the GDP growth. Remember the equation. Production exports minus imports are part of the bottom line GDP total. Trump’s energy sector policy specifically began increasing the export part of the energy sector. Yes, we are exporting massive amounts of coal (both kinds), and liquified natural gas (LNG).

Every metric tonne of those exports lowers the trade deficit; and as a consequence increases the GDP.

But wait, it gets better.

This is new ground. “Exporting Energy” is an entirely new sector of economic activity. All prior historic energy sector reference within our economy has been lowering GDP growth because we imported energy raw material (oil), and never utilized our own resources as offsets.

So yeah, the folks who wash calluses with Lava totally understand that 4% GDP growth is entirely reasonable with an entire new sector of the economy contributing toward it. Heck, we predicted exactly this – and more.

[…] Remember, when Donald Trump proposed his 2015 economic and tax platform? Every pundit with a microphone said Trump’s projected four percent growth was a pipe-dream. Now, amid many influential circles, there’s actually white paper discussion looking beyond that original Trump proposal and stating that six percent, seven percent and even higher economic expansion is entirely possible, if not – predictable.

Get ready….. but don’t get so busy that you forget to look around while this is happening. We are living inside history, and the journey is infinitely more fun than the destination.

America, we deserve this…

(2016 – link)

[​IMG]

• Florida Power and Light won the prestigious International Edward Demming award for excellence in multi-platform engineering, efficiency superiority and overall quality. They didn’t blow every PhD intellectual out of the water with slide rules, CAD programs and engineering acumen. They did it with hard hats and dirty fingernails.
    Because they lost the award, the Japanese spent 6 months studying FPL and later published a 1,000 page dissertation essentially saying FPL “wasn’t really good, they were just lucky”….. FPL field leadership laughed, took out markers and wrote on the back of their hard hats: WE’RE NOT GOOD, WE’RE RUCKY….

• When every single Kuwaiti oil field was blown up by Saddam Hussein, they said it would take 5 years to cap them all off and restart their oil pumping industry. The Kuwaiti’s and Saudi’s called Texans, who had them all capped and back in working order in 10 months.
    We are a nation that knows how to get shit done.

• When the Northern Chile mine workers were trapped two miles underground, they said no-one could save them. Who did they call for help? A bunch of hick miners from USA coal country who went down there, worked on the fly, engineered the rescue equipment on site, and saved everyone of them….
    That’s our America.

• When a half-breed Islamic whack job, armed with an AK-47 and a goal to meet his seven virgins, began opening fire on a train in France, the Americans on board didn’t run to the nearest safe room and hide themselves amid baguettes and brie. They said “let’s go”, and beat the stuffing out of that little nut with a death wish.
    Legion d’Honneur or not, that’s us. That’s just how we roll.

Lady Liberty can stroll along the Champs-Elysées with a swagger befitting Mae West because without her arrival they’d be speaking German in the Louvre. Yet for the better part of the past decade a group of intellectual something-or-others have been teaching an insufferable storyline that it’s better to be sitting around a campfire eating sustainable algae cakes and picking parasites off each other.

Enough.

When I hear Donald Trump say “Make America Great Again”, I also hear the familiar echo “cowboy up” people.

It’s high time we stop being embarrassed about our exceptional nature, and start being proud of it again. Because when it matters most, when it really counts, when it’s really needed, there’s a whole bunch of people all around this world of ours that are mighty happy when swagger walks in to solve their problems.

Yeah, “let’s Make America Great Again”. Swagger on !

[​IMG]

Share this:

Joe King and andial like this.
  40. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Irons likes this.