1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Trust in Justin?

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by Professur, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Professur

Professur Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Figured I'd open somewhere to discuss the Hair to the Throne of Canuckistan and how the next 4 years will affect the second largest country in the world. Like him or not, liked his father or not ... he's the legal guardian of the country until he's voted out .. so let's keep it civil. Contrary to common belief, I'd love to discover that he's a great leader and statesman, and for the country to be in better shape 4 years from now. Convince me.

I'll open the floor with ... the GST.

source

2. Malus

Malus Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

irrelevant
    Too early to tell what he is. The only thing really noticeable is the increase in numbers of refugees. I await his plan for all those expensive promises. Didn't he proclaim that money really wasn't an issue and he'd borrow whatever it took?

"The Liberal leader has vowed to inject billions of dollars into repairing roads, building bridges and improving waste water treatment plants across the country, among other projects — all commitments that could cement big profits for the bricks-and-mortar industry."

"Economists said Trudeau’s plan, which would see the government borrow money by selling bonds, will push much needed fiscal stimulus into Canada’s lagging economy, at least in the near term."

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/bus...aders-mull-impact-of-massive-liberal-victory/

Sounds like a whole lot of future debt to me. Infrastructure that will not pay for itself, when the world economy is going down the shitter. These "highway/bridge/transportation" projects are intended for commercial traffic as they sell Canada off to the highest bidder. Even though they continue to lie to the taxpayer, telling them its for us. Bullshit! Where I live they just announced the next massive project, a ten lane "toll" bridge to replace an existing tunnel. Already upped the price to 3.5 billion, which I'm sure will double by the time its completed. Which then narrows down our area to become a toll road system (media conversations already covering how it'll all fold open). So, our glorious leader is gonna drive Canada further into debt, building infrastructure for his corporate masters by borrowing from the zionist bankers, while at the same time increasing the number of "refugees" into a country that has a rising poverty number (which includes the kids) and can't seem to wrap their heads on how to fix it. So, its logical to bring all these welfare cases and support them too? I just can't wait for what this asshat will do next. Maybe, go after our guns?

Ishkabibble likes this.
  3. Ishkabibble

Ishkabibble Gold Member Gold Chaser

Does it matter who takes the helm after the Titanic hits the berg? Canada's trajectory is set; commodities are the bulk of the Canadian economy and their reinflation will take years. It'll be worldwide demand recovery that brings Canada back. Politicians will take credit, but they have as much positive influence as a fart in the wind.

Justin will go into the annals of history as another J Edgar Hoover. And thanks to little but timing, his successor will be hailed as a champion.

4. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech
    Why do they need to raise the GST? Seems they could do more with less government.

370H55V 0773H likes this.
  5. Spike

Spike Gold Member Gold Chaser

Nobody cares about Canaduh.....get over yourself....

anywoundedduck likes this.
  6. pitw

pitw Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Custom pesticide applicator.
    My mother said,"If you ain't got nothing good to say ....", nough said.

7. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Who??

Goldhedge and 370H55V 0773H like this.
  8. 370H55V 0773H

370H55V 0773H Silver Member Silver Miner

I hear that one of his electoral promises was to double immigration. The country already has the largest per capita immigration in the Western world. At $27 to $35 billion in 2014 that would mean $54 to $70 billion....

So, wouldn't some kind of moratorium fix the debt-to-GDP in a jiffy? :dontknow:

Wouldn't that make GST jigging look like a fart in the wind? :dontknow:

9. Professur

No real surprise there. He knows his priorities.
    http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Canada/2016/03/31/22619151.html

10. Joseph

Joseph Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

slacker
    Additionally, he is an avowed progressive and feminist, so it's only a matter of time before the country is buried in debt and Sharia law. no sense in pursuing this thread any further for anything other than updates on the country's demise.

solarion likes this.
  11. Professur

Didn't see this coming ... *facepalm*

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Canada/2016/09/18/22667994.html

12. Malus

Malus Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

irrelevant
    Now, they want to rescind the next to nothing that Harper did to us firearms owners. See America, our leaders lie and use the same bulls*t reasoning as yours do. Its a small world and your not the only ones in it......

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...-10th-anniversary-of-dawson-college-shootings

We have a full blast disarmament program as well. Instead of "Canada, who's that or who cares?", maybe it should be, "brother/sister, we've got a problem". Otherwise, America is gonna find itself all alone in a very big world.....

solarion, gringott and Joseph like this.
  13. Professur

The sad thing that the Snowflakes simply will not get is .... their fear of firearms is what gives them so much power. Dawson would have been a far smaller incident if all those 'educated' children hadn't spent so much of their time learning fear. Half a dozen charge the attacker, he's going down. Afraid to be shot? HE'S GOING TO SHOOT YOU ANYHOW!!! Cowering under a desk doesn't make the boogey man go away. This is predictably what happens when you teach children not to stand up to bullies ... they learn not to stand up to bullies.

gringott likes this.
  14. Professur

And there we have what we all knew was coming. A new natural gas deal ... and $10/ton carbon tax. Just in time for heating season. All the pretend, 'we care about the environment' .... nothing more than an excuse to get his hand deeper into our pockets. Thanks to everyone who was stupid enough to help put this assclown in office.

gringott likes this.
  15. ErrosionOfAccord

ErrosionOfAccord #1 Global Warmer Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Energy Extraction
    First time I've seen this thread. Glad I found it. Regardless of the jabs my fellows south of the Great White North threw, I find it interesting. Very rarely do we get news from up north but, it's probably because the Kardashians are so important. Thanks to you Canucks who are populating this thread, I'll pay better attention to it in the future.

P.S. I have yet to meet a Canadian I didn't like but I'm sure there are assholes there as well.

solarion likes this.
  16. Professur

Trudeau's plan for escalating carbon price sparks battle over bottom line

Just(in) more of the same. Their hand, our pocket.

Highlight reel
    The Canadian Taxpayers Federation and Brad Wall’s governing Saskatchewan Party each offered up estimates for the annual cost to an average family, starting at $1,250 a year and topping out at more than $2,500.

But such estimates are meaningless, since provincial governments have been repeatedly told by Ottawa that the carbon tax revenues are theirs to use as they see fit — including to cut income, sales or business taxes.

Federal Environment Minister Catherine McKenna said it is up to provincial premiers to decide how those revenues should be recycled.

So, they steal money from us with one hand, take their cut for doing it, then promise to give it back with the other hand. Somehow I doubt that money will make it's way anywhere 'cept their friends' pockets.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    gringott likes this.
  17. Professur

18. bulloncoins

bulloncoins Silver Member Silver Miner

He is a globalist puppet hand picked to run the North American Union part of the NWO if they can manage to get the guns out of the American's hands peacefully. Good Luck with that.

He is where he was born and raised to be...

Malus likes this.
  19. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Canada just signed an extensive trade deal with the EU last week. That means more refugees and global warming tax.

andial likes this.
  20. Agavegirl1

Agavegirl1 Silver Miner Site Supporter ++ Platinum Bling

You will not believe me if I told you.
    Sounds about right. Being not too far fr om Canada I pay attention.

21. Professur

Westjet just announced that they're going to be hit with at least $60 million in carbon tax .. and every penny of it will be put on the ticket price.

22. ErrosionOfAccord

ErrosionOfAccord #1 Global Warmer Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Energy Extraction
  23. Professur

Latest on order:

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Canada/2016/12/22/22692048.html

ErrosionOfAccord likes this.
  24. shamash

shamash Silver Member Silver Miner

As a resident of BC, I can't see how this puppet will do anything different the last string of puppets. There isn't a government, at any level, anywhere in Canada who would eliminate deficit spending or even consider paying off the debt(s). The majority of Canadians would be quite snowflakishly (maybe not a word :) upset if social program spending was to be reduced. People just don't seem to see or care about the connection between increasing property taxes, income taxes, user fees etc. and social spending vs. increased deficit spending and a ballooning debt...not to mention future pension obligations, etc.

I can't see anything changing except for more financial loads on each of us....good thing governments have colluded via central banks to lower interest rates to zip...have to kick that can down the road as long as possible I guess (revolution is a bad word, lol).

Malus and ErrosionOfAccord like this.
  25. Professur

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Canada/2017/03/08/22709218.html

26. Professur

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Canada/2017/04/18/22718769.html

I said I'd give him the time to prove himself ... well, the proof is in the pudding. Same damn recipe as ever.

Isn't about the environment. Never was about the environment. Just one more (of many) money grab.

solarion likes this.
  27. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser

Just like all the other major "save the environment" pushes...at the end of the day they all turn out to be money and/or power grabs.

28. Professur

Oh FFS!!!!

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/pm-trudeau-gives-men-tip-using-urinals-bar-bathrooms-232646288.html

29. Professur

And of course ...

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/trudeau-says-dad-went-bat-003117379.html

So, his reasoning is that pot has to be legalized because poor people can't buy their way out of convictions. Stop the planet, I want to get off.

30. Professur