1. First market day of the week as we head to US transition.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Tues Morning! Gold and Silver flying to the up. Gold +20 bucks to 1216. Silver is +30 to 1707. Crude is also moving to the up 72 to 5309. The USD is down 36 to 100.82.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 1/7/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1173.40-- UP 21.70 Silver $16.52-- UP 54 Oil $53.99 -- UP 27 TICS USD $102.21 -- DOWN 7 Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE 2017 $1243.95 (1), SAE $19.53 (20)
  4. Added Heartland Precious Metals out of OK and LA to the map, Added Texas Precious Metals, and Added Provident Metals.

Tulving, the aftermath from 3.4.14

Discussion in 'PM Dealer Feedback' started by BeefJerky, Mar 4, 2014.

1. About.Ag

About.Ag Seeker Seeker

Feel free to do so -- getting the information to people is more important than where it comes from.

luckabuck and LT2014 like this.
  2. LT2014

LT2014 New Member

Continuing about.AGs updates:

Tulving Lease to be Rejected

May 7, 2014 3:45PM EST
    The Chapter 11 trustee has made a motion to the court to reject the $31,000/month lease of The Tulving Company's Costa Mesa office, and allowing anything left in the building to be abandoned.
    This makes sense, given that all of Tulving's physical assets (aside from those in the possession of the Justice Department) will have been auctioned off.

It remains to see what will happen with the intangible assets (e.g. the domain name, phone number, and customer list).

luckabuck likes this.
  3. LT2014

LT2014 New Member

about.AG: posted today........

Status Report Filed - More Information Soon

May 9, 2014 10:00M EST
    The Chapter 11 trustee has filed the first status report.
    I believe there may be some information missing from the report; I am waiting to hear back from the Chapter 11 trustee and/or his counsel, and will provide further details at that point.

luckabuck likes this.
  4. LT2014

LT2014 New Member

about.AG continues updates: ( note HT is having to scrimp by on only $10,000 a month for his basic needs )

Status Report Filed: No Mention of Late Creditor List!

May 10, 2014 11:00AM EST
    Yesterday, I reported that the first Status Report was filed, and that I believed there was missing information, and that I was waiting to hear back from the Chapter 11 trustee and his counsel.
    It has been over 24 hours, and I have heard nothing, nor were any court documents filed yesterday. I promised more information shortly, so I will simply show you the E-mail I sent to the Chapter 11 trustee (Mr. Neilson) and his counsel, so you are aware of what I noticed:

Date: Fri, May 9, 2014 at 9:50 AM EST [6:50AM PST]
    Subject: Serious omission in The Tulving Company Status Report

Hi,

I have introduced myself to Mr. Neilson previously; I run the only website that has covered the issues with The
    Tulving Company, and am acting as an advocate for the estimated 1,000 creditors in this bankruptcy. In addition
    to offering updates via my website, I am providing updates via E-mail to over 400 individuals, most of whom I
    believe to be Tulving creditors.

I was extremely concerned this morning by what appears to be an error/omission in the Status Report (Docket #91).

Specifically, in response to the court's request (Docket #7) for a status update on "Whether Debtor is in
    compliance with all duties under 11 U.S.C. §§ 521, 1106, and 1107, and all applicable guidelines of the Office
    of the U.S. Trustee. If not, explain why.", no mention was made that the creditor list has not yet been filed.
    The first 8 words of 11 U.S.C. § 521 are "The debtor shall file a list of creditors." The list of creditors,
    however, has not yet been filed.

This is a very serious omission, given the actions that have occurred so far in the bankruptcy that require
    notice to creditors. Worse, the Status Report was filed on the same day as the "Additional Notice of 341(A)
    Meeting of Creditors" (Docket #92), which was filed because "additional creditors ... have appeared in this
    case." This strongly suggests that the creditor list is similar to that of a typical bankruptcy (almost all
    creditors listed, but perhaps a few missing), when in fact the court is unaware of the majority of creditors.

From what I can gather, the bankruptcy court is only aware of perhaps 5% to 20% of Tulving's creditors. In my
    opinion, this is critical information, which the court requested in the Status Report, but did not appear there.

JG
    Hannes Tulving, Jr. Responding as of 06 May 2014

May 10, 2014 7:30M EST
    I have just discovered that Hannes Tulving, Jr. signed a court document on May 6, 2014.
    This proves that Hannes, although still in hiding, is still in contact with his attorneys.

The paperwork is a stipulation, where he agrees (if the court orders it) to have his personal bank accounts frozen, being able to withdraw $10,000 a month for rent, food, and utilities. As a reference, The Tulving Company had been paying $10,300 per month for Hannes' previous apartment and home office.

luckabuck and dollars like this.
  5. luckabuck

luckabuck Gold Member Gold Chaser

Well. Looks like old Hannes is relegated to living the life of a pauper on only $10,000 a month, and is not yet ready to tell the authorities all the names of the people that he cheated out of money.

6. Nickelless

Nickelless If coffee is gold, I own Fort Knox Midas Member

So at the risk of sounding facetious since I haven't yet won the lottery, where could someone wanting to drop large sums of FRNs go at the moment to buy gold and silver in large quantities like Tulving used to move?

7. GOLD DUCK

GOLD DUCK Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

QWAK,Nickelless,Just about any large established PM dealer will be more than happy to solve that problem!:yes::23_28_100s:

Just call a fiew --- tell them how much $$$ you wish to spend and ask for there best price!:idea:

Shop around and get the best deal and don't forget shiping handeling and insurance charges when comparing!:thumbs_up:

You may also want to do a google search on each and avoid ones like "North West Teritorial Mint" if you want/expect your PMs delivered in under 60 to 90 days!!!!!:ahhhhh::banghead::cry_smile:

the DUCK :15_1_70v:

Nickelless likes this.
  8. About.Ag

About.Ag Seeker Seeker

My latest update is about the serious error made by the Chapter 11 trustee (Mr. Neilson) and his counsel (Ms. Cantor) in a court document, and how neither of them responded. When a clerical error was made in a previous document, they handled it within about 3 business hours.

Mr. Neilson is aware that I represent and update hundreds of creditors (many more than the judge in the case is aware of), and had a serious concern, yet has chosen not to respond (or if so, not in a timely fashion). Nor has Ms. Cantor responded in over 3 days, the same person that justified her $850/hour rate by saying her firm is able to "deliver services in an effective, efficient and timely manner." Huh?

It boggles my mind that one of the people with the most knowledge of the bankruptcy can be ignored by Mr. Neilson and his counsel when alleging a serious error in a court document (that the Chapter 11 trustee has omitted critical information that the judge requested).

luckabuck likes this.
  9. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

please understand that they are not worried about you or who you represent,

they could care less, they are just trying to button it up and move on,

doing the right thing and all that jazz will not be entered into the equation,

it is what is expedient,

few people really understand how incredibly inept many in the legal profession really are,

gringott and luckabuck like this.
  10. LT2014

LT2014 New Member

THANK YOU!!! to about.AG........his latest follows. He is obviously investing a great mount of his time to help others:

"My Concerns re: No Mention of Creditor List

May 12, 2014 5:20PM EST
    The day after Tulving filed for bankruptcy, the judge ordered a Status Conference for May 22. The first action listed that the court may take at the conference is to "set deadlines for the filing proofs of claims." (after that date, anyone owed money who is not listed with the court normally gets nothing). So this conference is very important to creditors.
    Before the conference, a Status Report gets filed, which is designed to answer some questions for the judge (and anyone else interested in the case). The second of 11 questions the judge asked was "Whether Debtor is in compliance with all duties under 11 U.S.C. §§ 521,...". In other words, the judge wants to make sure that the bankruptcy is running the way it was intended. Since the judge relies on the Status Report when preparing for the Status Conference, this report is very important to creditors.

The problem, as almost all of you know, is that the creditor list has yet to be filed -- it's been a huge problem for hundreds of people, who have to wait for the Chapter 11 trustee to get and file the creditor list before they can put this behind them (and hopefully get a check at some point). The delay was because the documents were seized by the Secret Service.

The Chapter 11 trustee (Mr. Neilson) filled out the Status Report, and for the question "Whether Debtor is in compliance with all duties under 11 U.S.C. §§ 521,...", he mentioned that 2 reports were not yet filed. Yet no mention was made of the creditor list not having been filed (despite the first 8 words of § 521 being "The debtor shall file a list of creditors"). This can be construed either as erroneous or at best highly misleading (especially in conjunction with another filing the same day).

Besides the creditor list not having been filed yet, Bankruptcy Rule 2002 requires that creditors be notified of certain events at certain times. The Tulving bankruptcy has NOT followed these requirements (as they have proceeded with certain events, such as rejecting leases, without notifying creditors, since the court is unaware of all the creditors). When the judge asked if the law was being followed, this should have been mentioned as well. Taking those actions without creditors knowing may be appropriate given the circumstances (I am not a lawyer), but this is something the judge clearly is requesting to know about, and needs to know about.

This is, in my opinion, a very serious problem. The judge is likely unaware of this issue, and may not handle the case properly as a result, which could be devastating to creditors (a number of whom have lost their life savings). The judge is relying on the Chapter 11 trustee to report properly. It is bad enough that the bankruptcy has proceeded as it has without the judge being informed, but for the judge not to be informed when he asks is inexcusable.

The error, by itself, is understandable -- we all make mistakes. The problem, however, is that the Chapter 11 trustee and his counsel have not responded to my concern (either to me, or the court). I am acting as an advocate for hundreds of creditors that the judge is unaware of, and have alleged a serious error in a court document, yet silence. I'm not quite sure what the Chapter 11 trustee and his counsel are expecting will happen by ignoring this (or delaying a response). It took them only 3 business hours to correct a clerical error in Docket #59.

For reference, the times to get a response to my previous E-mails to Mr. Neilson were: [1] Under an hour, [2] 12 days (the response came about an hour after a creditor called him an mentioned about.ag), and [3] 5+ weeks (no response yet). That suggests I would have heard by now if I was going to get a response.

When I inititally discovered this error, I immediately started writing about it for the website -- but then I decided it was important enough to check in with the Mr. Neilson and his counsel first, to give them a chance to explain or fix the error. Mr. Neilson is aware that I update the website frequently, and should certain have expected that I would disclose this."

11. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

I think perhaps since you have no personal standing as a creditor in the matter they have decided not to communicate with you.

12. Usc96

Usc96 Gold Member Gold Chaser

If you are not an attorney, you might want to be careful with your wording. People who have a chance to charge the bankruptcy estate $850 an hour probably don't appreciate others doing their job for them.

13. About.Ag

About.Ag Seeker Seeker

It is fine if they choose to treat me as an outsider. But that isn't the issue here.

I'm baffled because they know there is a serious error in the court documents -- they omitted information that the judge requested -- and they are just sitting and twiddling their thumbs from the look of it.

If I was saying "Gee, you must have a clue by now as to what went on, can you tell me what you know about where the money went?", Mr. Neilson can choose to ignore me. But he cannot ignore the law.

I really do not understand why he is doing this, as it belittles the creditors, and will certainly come to light. I could see pride being the issue, perhaps, but ignoring it seems very risky. Mr. Neilson is dealing with the first time creditors have managed to get a hearing for an objection against hiring the counsel he chose, I would think this would be the time to be very careful.

LT2014 likes this.
  14. About.Ag

About.Ag Seeker Seeker

True. I was also warned about what I was saying about Tulving (a company that recently did $1B/year of business) back when I was getting the word out about what was going wrong. Although I risked a lot, I am very glad that I made the decision to do my best to get the word out about Tulving.

Could I be wrong that an error was made? Possibly. But if I tell Ms. Cantor that I believe she made an error, and she chooses not to correct me (knowing that I unofficially represent hundreds of creditors), she cannot expect me (and by extension, those creditors) to believe no error was made. Even a quick "Thank you, however, I believe the wording was appropriate." would take perhaps a minute to send (costing each creditor only perhaps $.02), leaving it to me to figure out the details. At that point, if I continued stating there was an error, the burden would clearly be on me to prove it.

LT2014, luckabuck and Montecristo like this.
  15. Montecristo

Montecristo Silver Member Silver Miner

I have followed everyone of your posts since before the Tulving bankruptcy became official. I'm not a lawyer, but I have not read anything posted by you that would be slanderous, libelous or malicious.

Perhaps, as you say, a mistake was made in omitting the list of creditors or perhaps they are still trying to compile the list, it really doesn't matter. But the lack of communication by the legal counsel in this matter is certainly curious. It would seem to me that, again as you said, a quick, brief note to you knowing you are reaching numerous creditors on a daily basis would be an efficient and welcome avenue to convey information.

Very curious, indeed.

16. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

guys,

let's at least understand as south stated, they don't have to nor should they be responding to About.Ag, as he has no legal standing in this,

and it is totally possible that they have been advised not to

who knows, but totally possible

17. About.Ag

About.Ag Seeker Seeker

They do not have to respond to me, that is quite true. Whether or not they should is open to debate, although Mr. Neilson already has communicated with me, and requested I pass on information to the creditors. So there is precedent there.

Again, the issue isn't with whether or not they can/should/may communicate with me.

The judge has requested information, it has been withheld from him, and the creditors could potentially be severely harmed as a result. As an advocate for the creditors, I am obligated to do something about it.

So what should I do? Do I contact the judge (which feels a bit like a cashier at McDonalds contacting the CEO because his paycheck is a few days late)? Do I ask the creditors to contact Mr. Neilson (which would certainly get the point across, but could inundate him, and isn't going to improve my status in his eyes)? Do I suggest creditors hire attorneys to rectify this? Something else?

LT2014 and luckabuck like this.
  18. luckabuck

This would be a great opportunity for a large law firm that specializes in class action legal action, but no one will. They know that there is no money anywhere for them to pay their legal fees. Lawyers only sue when the sued party has deep pockets. Tulving has nothing other than what he has squirreled away in offshore accounts.

19. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Probably all you could do is submit a letter as a friend of the court.

20. Montecristo

Montecristo Silver Member Silver Miner

Agreed, they may not "have" to, but they should.

I find the fact they have not communicated strange. Even a simple "don't call us, we'll call you", would be the professional and courteous thing to do.

21. Usc96

I think you have done a great service, so my comment was not intended to be threatening in any way, so hopefully it didn't come across that way. My intent was more of a "head's up" or "watch out" because the bankruptcy lawyers might turn on you if it serves their purpose, and they do have some rules (like claims of the unauthorized practice of law) that they can throw at you.

LT2014 and About.Ag like this.
  22. LT2014

LT2014 New Member

Unauthorized practice of law? Rather, I see about.AG as a true practitioner of the First Ammenment as it was intended. And in his case, he has done it for the benefit of others. America is filled with rules, regulations, threats and political correctness designed to stifle righteous speech. Remember the old saying we grew up with " I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend with my life your right to say it". We don't hear that much anymore.
    As for me, Tulving made good on our transaction. I will give him credit for that. But, he virtually ruined my life with the delays. I follow this now trying to learn how to protect myself and my children in the future. I will continuously support and thank about.AG. The effort he has put into this is downright amazing!!

Latest update from about.AG.com:

BACKUP OF TULVING.COM WEBSITE

May 13, 2014 2:10PM EST
    On March 6, 2014, I downloaded a copy of the entire Tulving website, knowing that it might otherwise become lost.
    The archive of the website can be found at tulving.about.ag. Due to the way that the web works, not all links may work (e.g. a link may lead to www.tulving.com/pagename.htm); if that happens, you can replace "www.tulving.com" with "tulving.about.ag" and the page will load.

Usc96 likes this.
  23. LT2014

LT2014 New Member

Just visited about.AG's link to the old Tulving Website. I was so impressed with the excellent prices and promised delivery, I wired off a $100,000. JUST KIDDING!!!!!
    It is actually kind of spooky looking at it again and thinking about what has transpired. The stuff of nightmares. :afraid:

24. Usc96

I normally handle large corporate matters, but last week I had the pleasure of trying a small claims matter for a family friend. The other side was trying their case without a lawyer, and you know what they say about a person who acts as their own lawyer. Well, the pro se party asks their star witness to tell the jury about a conversation they had with another person about my client. I objected on the grounds of hearsay. The witness, who apparently felt this bombshell was going to make the case for her boss, said "how can it be hearsay when the other person said it to me?" The judge sustained my objection.

The point being, someone accused of the unauthorized practice of law usually is doing it "for the benefit of others." Absence of payment is not a defense.

LT2014 and anotherdave like this.
  25. About.Ag

About.Ag Seeker Seeker

I've done a bit of research on this, and it gets a bit tricky (e.g. each state has their own laws).

Pointing out a potential error to the person who made it should not be considered legal advice (otherwise, questioning your own lawyer might be unauthorized practice of law in some states). The outcome (changed document, response stating that there is no error, etc.) is handled by an attorney (who is getting paid to interpret the law).

However, it could get interesting with the non-response. Since the attorney did not respond, I am forced to pass this information on to the creditors. Therefore, if there *was* unauthorized practice of law, it was the direct result of the action of the attorney. Fun stuff.

anotherdave likes this.
  26. anotherdave

anotherdave Banned

I don't see how asking a question can be considered as practicing law. Making statements maybe, but not asking questions.

Thanks, About.Ag. Keep asking questions. We appreciate your efforts.

27. Usc96

I agree with you and AboutAg that merely asking a question should not cross the line. AboutAg is one of the good guys. I only mentioned what I did because AboutAg said something about "being an advocate for the creditors" which sounds a whole lot like what an attorney does. That said, if AboutAg is one of the creditors (I thought he got out before everything went to hell, but maybe not?), then he is certainly someone the others should look to to head up the unsecured creditors committee.

LT2014 likes this.
  28. About.Ag

About.Ag Seeker Seeker

You are correct; I did get out in time (I placed an order at the end of 2012, shortly before things got out of hand). I had recommended Tulving to many people over the years, and there are likely some people owed metal by him that found out about him through me (either directly or indirectly).

My impression is that creditors are aware that I am not an attorney, nor attempting to offer legal advice. My primary goal is to provide information on what is happening, and trying to make sure that no creditors end up missing out on any payments they may be entitled to in the bankruptcy.

luckabuck likes this.
  29. luckabuck

Like yourself, About Ag, I was into Tulving BIG TIME, and if I had not gotten my bullion when I did, he could have ruined myself and my wife financially for the rest of our lives! When I experienced how he treated me over a period of months, I tried to warn GIM members about his elusive actions. Some listened, some did not, and they really got nasty defending him turning me into the "bad guy".

WE DO APPRECIATE YOUR KEEPING US INFORMED ON WHAT THIS SHYSTER HAS DONE, AND IS DOING. Thank you very much for your efforts.

b_cahill, itsamess and LT2014 like this.
  30. LT2014

LT2014 New Member

About.AG's latest update 16 May 2014:

Bankruptcy Will Have a Website

May 16, 2014 10:55AM EST
    Mr. Neilson has informed one of the creditors that he will be setting up a website about the Tulving bankruptcy, which will go live in a few weeks or so. The website will be TulvingBankruptcy.com.
    As I like to dig into things, I looked into this a bit. The domain name was registered on May 14, 2014. I sent out the first E-mail about Mr. Neilson being unresponsive at 9:42AM PST. It sounds like he registered the domain as a result of input from creditors that morning. Good work!

Oddly, the owner of the domain is a man named "Jason Strong".

Hannes Tulving, Jr. Responding as of 12 May 2014

May 16, 2014 7:10AM EST
    I have just discovered that Hannes Tulving, Jr. signed a court document on May 12, 2014.
    This confirms that Hannes, although still in hiding, is still in contact with his attorneys.

luckabuck likes this.
  31. b_cahill

b_cahill Seeker Seeker

I had considered buying from Tulving based on what I had read from other posters on this site, until you posted about your experience. Thank you for possibly saving me a lot of grief, luckabuck!

LT2014, Ragnarok and luckabuck like this.
  32. About.Ag

About.Ag Seeker Seeker

See Hannes in person

On Wednesday, there is a Creditor's Meeting at 10:00AM in meeting room 1-154 at the Ronald Reagan Federal Courthouse, 411 W Fourth ST, Santa Ana, CA 92701. The point of the meeting is for the bankruptcy trustee and creditors to ask Hannes questions related to the bankruptcy (perhaps the first question will simply be "What happened?").

Hannes, who has been in hiding for over 2 months, is required to attend (however, there is a decent chance he could be arrested on the way there if he does go). If he does not go, he risks losing any protection the bankruptcy provides.

The meeting is open to the public, although the public cannot ask Hannes questions (creditors are allowed to).

luckabuck and LT2014 like this.
  33. LT2014

LT2014 New Member

Full about.AG update: ( our appreciation as always )

Creditors' Meeting Wednesday

May 19, 2014 9:15AM EST
    As a reminder, the Creditors' Meeting is on Wednesday (May 21), at 10:00AM in meeting room 1-154 at the Ronald Reagan Federal Courthouse, 411 W Fourth ST, Santa Ana, CA 92701.
    The public is allowed to attend, however questions are normally limited to the trustee (who runs the meeting) and creditors. The Department of Justice instructs trustees that "Creditors and other parties in interest must also be given an opportunity to ask questions and examine the debtor.".

Audio of the meeting will be available afterwards, which I plan to obtain and place online.

I believe there is a good chance that Hannes will not show up. I have been told that he believes he will be arrested if he goes out in public, and he has missed several depositions that he was expected to attend. However, if he misses the meeting, he risks losing any protections the bankruptcy may provide.

luckabuck likes this.
  34. Usc96

Re: See Hannes in person

I suspect his lawyers will not allow him to answer too many questions. It should resemble one of those House of Rep/IRS hearings where the witnesses plead the 5th over and over again.

luckabuck likes this.
  35. LT2014

LT2014 New Member

Additional update by about.AG: ( Note by LT2014....I'm beginning to wonder what's up with Todd Neilson! )

Unjustified Concerns Cause Thousands of Dollars of Fees

May 19, 2014 4:30PM EST
    R. Todd Neilson, the Chapter 11 trustee of The Tulving Company's bankruptcy, has been telling creditors that they will be paying "thousands and thousands of dollars" to professionals, due to unjustified concerns.
    He also points out that these concerns were a result of me suggesting creditors contact him. That is completely true. Had I not suggested creditors contact him, these fees would not have been expended.

What he neglects to point out is that the concern (the the bankruptcy court is unaware of about 90%-95% of the creditors) is a reasonable concern -- in other words, one that should be addressed (even if there is no cause for concern). To me, Bankruptcy Rule 2002(l) and its notes suggest that Mr. Neilson should publish notice of certain events (via newspaper, website, etc.) if "it is reasonable to believe that publication may reach some of the creditors who would otherwise be missed". We're not talking about a handful of missed creditors; we're talking about the vast majority of creditors.

I have believed since before Mr. Neilson was appointed that it would be far more efficient for him to field questions through me, where appopriate, and pass answers on to creditors (rather than responding to each individually).

I therefore E-mailed Mr. Neilson on May 9 about my concern. He got the E-mail, and knowing that I was waiting for a response before updating the website, chose not to respond. I again E-mailed on May 13, explaining that I would be sending out an update to creditors, and gave him a chance to comment. He again ignored the request, knowing I would be letting creditors know of my concern and that he was not responding.

I will let you decide whose actions caused these thousands of dollars to be wasted.

luckabuck likes this.
  36. luckabuck

Almost looks like the bankruptcy trustee is not that interested in who Hannes swindled money out of and how much he actually stole from these individuals. However, the fact remains that Hannes is stuck between a "rock and a hard place" in that he risks arrest if he shows, and loses the right to claim bankruptcy if he does not. Could not happen to a more deserving individual.

LT2014 likes this.
  37. ppius13

ppius13 Seeker Seeker

Why should Hannes come out of hiding, risking possible arrest and perjury when called to testify about remaining client assets? Who knows how much money of theirs he has squirreled away?

luckabuck likes this.
  38. About.Ag

About.Ag Seeker Seeker

Because the whole bankruptcy could hinge upon him showing. If he is arrested, he may have a "get out of jail free" card (so to speak!) for not showing up to the creditors' meeting (since he intended to go to the meeting). But if he just chooses not to go, preferring a life on the lam to the possibility of jail time, the bankruptcy might be dismissed.

Ultimately, I believe that Hannes had intended to run an honest business (as he did for around 20 years after his prior issues), and feels bad about what happened. And for all we know, it could have been due to circumstances beyond his control (perhaps unlikely, but possible). What I can say for certain is that if I had a business like his, and decided I didn't care what happened to my customers and was going to try to get as much money as I could and flee, I would have done it much differently (and certainly not paid $10K to a bankruptcy attorney over 8 months before shutting down the business).

LT2014 likes this.
  39. ppius13

ppius13 Seeker Seeker

Speculation: Hannes has a hidden cache of physical precious metals. Gold and Silver were his life and livelihood; he did not merely facilitate accumulation for others, but for himself. He has a stack which he accumulated over the years. He has been in bankruptcy before and realizes how easy it is to hide physical metals from the bankruptcy court and his creditors. There will be no paper trail for his stash. If he avoids criminal prosecution, the greatest loss will be to his reputation (and the loss of future profits of Tulving, Inc.).

While the amount he has secreted is small change relative to his former net worth and standard of living, it is still a sizable amount.

luckabuck, LT2014 and Ahillock like this.
  40. Ahillock

Ahillock A nobody Mother Lode

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. "

LT2014 and ppius13 like this.