1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Turin Shroud is stained with the blood of a torture victim

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by FoundingFathers, Jul 17, 2017 at 1:46 PM.

1. FoundingFathers

FoundingFathers Founder Founding Member Site Mgr Site Supporter

Turin Shroud is stained with the blood of a torture victim, new research shows - supporting the belief that it DOES show the face of Jesus
    • Experts claim there is blood on the Shroud which is not typical of healthy person
    • They say it contains creatinine and ferritin, found in those who suffered trauma
    • The findings contradict claims that the Shroud was painted by Medieval forgers
    • The shroud is currently being displayed at St John the Baptist Cathedral in Turin

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ained-blood-torture-victim.html#ixzz4n7GHsWvN
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

searcher and Son of Gloin like this.
  2. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

It's a fake.

skychief and the_shootist like this.
  3. tom baxter

tom baxter back from 2004

Retired now
    It's an idol, just one of a multitude. Come and worship the Shroud.
    It's as close as many will get to God unfortunately.

the_shootist likes this.
  4. nickndfl

It's a faked relic.

the_shootist likes this.
  5. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

The shroud is indeed a fake. For those who take time to understand the now dead languages of koine Greek and Aramaic the wording used in gospels long, long ago describing what had occurred AND knowledge of Hebrew burial rituals practiced at the time have already shown the Turin relic to be a lie. Call it faked, forged or a handi-wipe, it is yet another lie from the children of the source of all lies.

arminius, Goldhedge and the_shootist like this.
  6. gringott

gringott Killed then Resurrected Midas Member Site Supporter

N/A
    It is the death shroud of the last and 23rd Grand Master of the Knights Templar, Jacques de Molay.

andial and Hystckndle like this.
  7. the_shootist

the_shootist I self identify as a black '69 Camaro Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Architect
    Religion is by and large fake

8. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

MATTHEW 10:33 "...But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father in heaven. ..".

Good Luck to ya

9. engineear

engineear Seeker Seeker

Medical field
    If it's faked from centuries ago, with today's technology we should improve on this. Researchers have stated it's not paint, is only in the surface, has parts of bushes only found in Israel, was in a box that was in a fire that skewed the carbon dating... Believe what you will but it sure looks convincing.
    Time will tell.

One day closer....

10. nickndfl

Looks like somebody built a fire under a statue which cooked the image onto the linen. Seven years of Catholic school says it's a fake.

11. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

The Shroud is unique a documentary I watched stated the image is strictly on the top fibers of the thread material. If one would shave the Shroud's top fiber the image would not exist.
    AND
    As engineer alluded to, pollen as been found in the Shroud of plants found only in Israel.

12. 917601

917601 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Science is proving every day the shroud is not a " fake". Fact is thousands were crucified under the Roman rule. At this point, " science" will have a difficult time proving it is Jesus himself and not just an unlucky individual who was sentanced to crucifixion. I myself believe it is the shroud of the most remarkable " Man" that ever walked on Earth....prove me wrong.

13. 917601

True statement, man's religion is fake. Nothing man gets his hands on lasts more than a few centuries at most before it is corrupted. God's word and promises last forever and ever, that my friend is called " eternity". Man is incapable of defining eternity. If you can, you do not understand God.

14. Hystckndle

Hystckndle Daguerreotype Fanatic Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Slave, but a little less every day
    Not many know that theory.

gringott likes this.
  15. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

They should clone Jesus.

16. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    Are you implying that the "most" remarkable man on earth got the short end of the stick by his daddy? so? where was his mom in all this? Remember a mothers love knows no bounds....

17. skychief

skychief enthusiastic stacker Silver Miner

Musician
    Virtually all artifacts attributed to Jesus Christ have been proven to be fake by radio-carbon dating. Most of theses "artifacts" were manufactured around 950 - 1150 A.D.

There is one pseudo-Christian artifact believed to be genuine by both biblical scholars AND scientists: the Pontius Pilate stone. It dates correctly (approx 25 - 45 A.D.).

[​IMG]

Hystckndle likes this.
  18. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

If you bought the shemitah bull crap you will buy the shroud bull crap. Same lost souls.

stonedywankanobe and Mujahideen like this.
  19. Mujahideen

Some people want to believe to these idols so bad. Worshipping idols is forbidden in Abrahamic religions.

andial likes this.
  20. OhWell

OhWell Silver Member Silver Miner

The difference between religion and Christianity is, basically, that religion is man’s attempt to reach God, and Jesus is God reaching out to man. All the religions of the world fall short of obtaining salvation because they put the burden of salvation on man. They teach that through our adhering to a rigid standard of dos and don’ts, we make ourselves acceptable unto God. But God revealed in James 2:10 that if you keep the whole Law and yet offend in one point, you are guilty of all. This is where the religions of the world have missed it. They have all sinned and come short of the glory of God (Rom. 3:23). Man cannot save himself; he has to have a savior.

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  21. Aurumag

Aurumag Dimly lit. Highly reflective Midas Member Site Supporter

Indentured Wage Slave
    I will let the Word guide you to truth:

1 The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.

2 Then she runneth, and cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and saith unto them, They have taken away the Lord out of the sepulchre, and we know not where they have laid him.

3 Peter therefore went forth, and that other disciple, and came to the sepulchre.

4 So they ran both together: and the other disciple did outrun Peter, and came first to the sepulchre.

5 And he stooping down, and looking in, saw the linen clothes lying; yet went he not in.

6 Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie,

7 And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.

John 20:1-7 KJV

There are other Biblical lessons to be learned here; not the least of which is that the OT is full of examples of the sin of whoring around holy artifacts, like Moses' brazen serpent.

917601 likes this.
  22. GOLDBRIX

TRUE, But I for one DO NOT see it as an idol and do not worship it.
    I do see it as an article of evidence, that Jesus lived and was crucified on a cross.
    Giving up the physical world for our sins.

If there was No Hope or Belief in something better ahead why would most people obey "LAWS" and be Charitable ?
    After-all there would be no such thing as "DOING the RIGHT THING" as RIGHT and WRONG would not exist.
    Chaos would be the way of life. What little there would be.

917601 likes this.
  23. Mujahideen

Plenty of people have been tortured to death in Israel. It is not proof of anything other than that.

If people take it to the step of associating it with Jesus short of any hard evidence, then this is idle warship.

(LoL at iPhone voice recognition.)

stonedywankanobe and andial like this.
  24. GOLDBRIX

There are men who died in Capital Punishment Cases OR currently on Death Row CONVICTED on Circumstantial Evidence.

Evidence is EVIDENCE, Physical or Circumstantial, One is stronger than the other BUT BOTH are taken into consideration with further Testimony or other evidence.

25. the_shootist

the_shootist I self identify as a black '69 Camaro Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Architect
    Yet Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama still walk free among us

26. GOLDBRIX

Hopefully that is being worked on. The Elite has slowly pushed a Class Structure for years.

27. kiffertom

kiffertom Seeker Seeker

how many poor souls have died in the name of God? I thought God=Love?

the_shootist likes this.
  28. tom baxter

tom baxter back from 2004

Retired now
    The shroud isn't Jesus, it's a catholic relic, another part of their system of idolatry.

Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
    Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

29. GOLDBRIX

The documentaries I've seen on NatGeo and the HISTORY Channel on the SHROUD provide what can be considered as CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE of CHRIST.

It would be interesting if a Mock Court with Legal Reps on both sides and a learned Judge / Magistrate presides.
    I think it could make an entertaining & educational hour of TV.

Mujahideen likes this.
  30. the_shootist

Architect
    Yeah, I put that question out there all the time. I mostly get "it's God's will' back. I cashed in my Roman Catholic chips some time ago and simply try to live good life, stay out of the lives of others and take care of my family. I thank God when things go right and never blame God when things go wrong. If all that get's me a ticket to hell for all eternity then so be it. My conscience is clear and my heart is happy. I did what I thought was right.

Oldmansmith likes this.
  31. GOLDBRIX

Even here on this board are people who do not realize the conflict GOD vs Lucifer, LOVE vs Ego, Heaven vs Earth.
    Satan has dominion over the Earth until the final days. Satan is called the Great Deceiver for a reason.
    He has deceived most of Mankind into believing God controls what happens on this Earth when in FACT Satan and Man's Free Will is in control. When Man does Satan's bidding he does not need to involve himself as TASK / MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Varmint Hunter likes this.
  32. mtnman

mtnman Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Retired Shipyard Machinist
    God was an Alien and Jesus was the offspring of that Alien and a human. Immaculate conception my ass.

Oldmansmith likes this.
  33. Mujahideen

Wars are fought over power, not religion.

Religion is how the rulers get the masses to fight their battles.

mtnman and GOLDBRIX like this.
  34. goldielox1

goldielox1 Silver Miner Seeker

I've studied it extensively and have concluded that it is indeed real and the actual burial cloth of Christ. I believe the 3D image was created from the energy during the third day Resurrection as there's no natural explanation for it and it can't be reproduced even 2000 years later.

GOLDBRIX and Varmint Hunter like this.
  35. gringott

N/A
    The Shroud of Turin
    Geoffroi de Charny (the French Knight who died at the 1356 battle of Poitiers) and his wife Jeanne de Vergy are the first reliably recorded owners of the Shroud of Turin. This Geoffroi participated in a failed crusade under Humbert II of Viennois in the late 1340s. He is sometimes confused with Templar Geoffroi de Charney.

The Shroud was originally obtained by the Savoy family from a Margaret de Charny in 1453 who had inherited it from her father Geoffrey II de Charny. Geoffrey had inherited it from his father, Geoffrey I de Charny of Lirey, France, who had received it as a dowry from his wife, Jeanne de Vergy of Besancon, France.

It is thought to have been in Besancon between 1208 and 1329. There is no widespread agreement on its existence or whereabouts earlier than this.

As you already know, the Ancient Templars were founded around 1118 A.D., and the last Grand Master, Jacques DeMolay, was burned at the stake, signaling the end of the activity of the Ancient Templars on March 18th 1314, after years of torture and trial.

So this shroud could be a Templar relic of Jacques DeMolay. He died on March 18th 1314. First owner reliably recorded owner rather than supposition or conjecture was after his death.

andial and Hystckndle like this.
  36. Mujahideen

Whats the evidence that it belonged specifically to Jesus?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017 at 3:58 PM
    gringott likes this.
  37. gringott

N/A
    AFAIK, the Vatican does not claim it is the image of Jesus.

38. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Yeah right!

gringott likes this.
  39. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Is there air? You cant see it but you know it exists, not unlike the tree falling in the forest. Cant say what i believe and Im a doubtful and distrusting soul, wont condemn anyone for believing or not.

40. 917601

One peculiarity that can be agreed upon- a linen cloth from "1300 AD " chances' of survival has lottery odds of surviving into 2017 and beyond. Believers ( and archeologists) know what I mean.....and that fact alone is worth dwelling upon with amazement. I do have some experience in dealing with 17 th century artifacts ( sea salvaged cannon, reales, and 16th century wooden icons- time itself destroys the bulk of historical fact).

Glasgow, mtnman and gringott like this.