1. Stocks try to regain their footing, metals up
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Weds Morning! Gold is up 5.5 to 1252, while Silver is up 16 to 16.75. Crude is down 16 to 4408. The USD is down .09 to 9600
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

URANIUM & ALTERNATIVE ENERGY 4

Discussion in 'PM Trading/Stocks/Technical Analysis' started by SAGI, May 1, 2013.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Another great read.

This gave me pause and made me think about a recent event. Won't get caught up in the same scenario again. Thanks.

Have a great week :beerglass:

2. SAGI

SAGI Gold Member Gold Chaser

Investor/trader in metals equities

Dear Sir Searcher,

You are welcome. I already have an idea about what the next one is going to be about. Hopefully everyone will enjoy it too. I thank everyone for taking the time to read these articles.

Kindest Regards

SAGI

searcher likes this.
  3. SAGI

Here is the chart I was talking about int he coffee article with regards to Gold.

Attached Files:

searcher and scofield like this.
  4. searcher

This is a bit off topic but I thought you might enjoy reading it.

What Good Shall I Do This Day?
    http://www.artofmanliness.com/2014/05/12/what-good-shall-i-do-this-day/

You can also read it here http://www.goldismoney2.com/showthread.php?76448-Why-Do-We-Why-Are-We-A-Few-Thoughts/page2 It's post # 55

Have a great day :beerglass:

davycoppitt and SAGI like this.
  5. SAGI

Dear Sir Searcher,

I did read part of the article but have not completed it. I read slow and do not move past until I understand the meaning of the text hence the slowness, however it is interesting and will finish it today.

Many thanks for the article.

SAGI

searcher likes this.
  6. davycoppitt

davycoppitt Seeker Seeker

“I’m going to walk to the bridge. If one person smiles at me on the way, I will not jump.”

What I would like to know is. Did he smile at anybody himself on the way? Did he see a window or mirror he could have smiled into? He wanted the world to be a better place, but didn't want himself to have to make it better.

Nice article. Each of us can make the world a better place in our own ways, no matter how small they are.

SAGI and searcher like this.
  7. searcher

8. SAGI

DISCLOSURE: CCJ CAMECO

I HAVE SOLD ALL CAMECO SHARES THAT I BOUGHT WITH A SMALL LOSS BASED ON THE PREVIOUS ADVISE OF SETTING STOP LOSS AT 15.50. PRICE DROPPED BELOW AND WILL WAIT FOR A BETTER PRICE TO RE-ENTER. POST NO 467

SAGI

Last edited: May 22, 2015
    searcher likes this.
  9. SAGI

First Japanese reactors prepare for restart
    22 May 2015
    Japan's nuclear regulator has approved Kyushu Electric Power Company's 'construction plan' for unit 2 of its Sendai nuclear power plant. The company hopes to restart unit 1 of the plant in July, with unit 2 following within months.
    Sendai 460 (Kyushu)
    The Sendai plant (Image: Kyushu)
    Kyushu submitted a joint application to the Nuclear Regulation Authority (NRA) in July 2013 for the necessary permissions to restart both units 1 and 2 of the Sendai plant in Japan's Kagoshima prefecture. These approvals include: permission to make changes to the reactor installations; approval of its construction plan to strengthen the plant; and, final safety inspections to ensure the units meet new safety requirements.
    The NRA gave Kyushu approval in September 2014 to make changes to the reactor installations at both units. That approval - which meant the NRA considered the two reactors, and the plant as a whole, to be safe for operation - represented by far the major part of the licensing process. Approval of the company's construction plan for unit 1 was given on 18 March 2015.
    The NRA has today approved the construction plan for unit 2. Kyushu had submitted an amendment to that plan on 28 April.
    With the latest approval, Sendai 1 and 2 have now both been granted two of the three regulatory approvals needed for restart. The remaining approval is for inspections to check operational safety programs.
    Kyushu has already obtained approval from the prefectural government and that of Satsuma-Sendai City for the restart of Sendai 1 and 2.
    'Pre-use' inspections got under way at unit 1 on 30 March. Kyushu plans to load fuel into the reactor during the first half of June. Following final safety inspections it anticipates restarting the unit in mid-July, with the reactor reaching full power by the end of that month. It expects the unit to "return to normal operation" by mid-August.
    The two 890 MWe pressurized water reactors at Sendai were taken offline for periodic inspections in May and September 2011, respectively. The restart of the units has been prioritised, in part due to local support in Kagoshima prefecture.

searcher likes this.
  10. SAGI

CCJ Cameco continues to drop but an inverted hammer has occurred today. It is possible that we may see very little downside further from here. We require to wait patiently for the next candle to appear and by close of this week we will get a better picture.

SAGI

searcher likes this.
  11. SAGI

CCJ Cameco: appears to have found support just shy of 14.50. If this support holds than we have a chance of a swing up. For those willing to take a swing this is an opportunity but with tight stop losses in place at around 13.50.

SAGI

searcher likes this.
  12. searcher

SAGI likes this.
  13. SAGI

My apologies folks! I have been quite busy with a number of issues that took place recently. I will be back to normal by the end of next week when I will have time to begin writing and posting again. Please bear with me for the coming ten days after which I hope things will return to normal.

SAGI

searcher likes this.
  14. SAGI

Even Coin Collectors Have Given Up on Gold
    Bloomberg By Debarati Roy
    12 hours ago
    

Finding bullish gold investors is getting a lot harder, even in a place where demand has been almost a given in recent years: precious-metal coins.

Related Stories

Turkey Gold Imports Slide to 10-Month Low as Local Prices Surge Bloomberg
    Gold Declines as ETP Assets Drop to Lowest Level in Six Years Bloomberg
    Gold Declines for Second Day as Investors Await U.S. Jobs Data Bloomberg
    Gold Drops Toward $1,200 as Interest Rate Outlook Boosts Dollar Bloomberg
    Gold bounces up from two and a half week low as dollar, shares fall Reuters
    Customers who were buying even as gold began slumping in 2013 are now so scarce at the Bullion Trading LLC shop in New York that owner Isaac Kahan says sales in May tumbled 35 percent. Purchases of American Eagle gold coins from the U.S. Mint, the world’s largest, were the weakest for the month in eight years. And global coin demand this year probably will slump to the lowest since 2008, TD Securities Inc. predicts.

“Some of the coin buyers are the diehard believers in gold, and seeing them stay away from the market means their faith may have been shaken,” said Phil Streible, a senior market strategist at RJO Futures in Chicago who has been following prices for 15 years. “Demand for all kinds of physical gold products has taken a hit.”

More from Bloomberg.com: Dimon Says He Doubts Warren Grasps Global Banking System

Bullion prices have been trapped in a bear market the past two years as inflation concerns proved overblown and U.S. equities and the dollar rose to records. Holdings in exchange-traded products backed by gold are the smallest since 2009, and global jewelry demand has petered out. With coin buyers heading for the exits, there aren’t many places left to find a bull.

‘Complete Capitulation’
    “What we are seeing is complete capitulation,” said Rob Haworth, a senior investment strategist in Seattle at U.S. Bank Wealth Management, which oversees about $128 billion and is underweight in commodities, including gold. “Physical demand is very weak, and that lends to our expectations of lower prices.”

More from Bloomberg.com: Putin Keeps Pope Waiting, Gets Told Off by Francis on Ukraine

That marks an abrupt about-face for gold after jumping to a record $1,921.17 an ounce in September 2011. Buyers were betting that U.S. interest rates near zero percent would erode the value of the dollar and accelerate inflation. Instead, the U.S. currency surged and inflation was muted as energy and food costs fell. Futures were down 0.3 percent this year at $1,180.40 on Thursday on the Comex in New York.

Coin lovers were among the most optimistic. When gold plunged 28 percent in 2013, they expected prices to rebound and started buying. U.S. Mint sales rose 14 percent that year as the metal presses worked overtime. Since then, futures are down 1.8 percent and Mint sales fell 39 percent last year.

More from Bloomberg.com: A $3 Trillion Traffic Jam Is Seen Looming in Credit by Citigroup

Cheap Hedge
    Retail investors looking for gold as a hedge have been drawn to coins because they cost as little as $141 for a 1/10th-ounce American Eagle, compared with forking over $3,000 for a 100-gram bar or about $118,000 for a single futures contract. Coins account for about 6 percent of global gold demand, according to Barclays Plc.

Gains for the U.S. economy have eroded the need for gold as a haven and pushed Federal Reserve policy makers closer to raising interest rates. An increase in borrowing costs would further diminish the appeal of bullion, since it doesn’t pay interest like competing assets, such as new bonds.

Global demand for gold coins will slide 12 percent this year to 220 metric tons, the lowest since 2008, according to Bart Melek, the head of commodity strategy at TD Securities in Toronto. U.S. Mint sales of American Eagle gold coins fell to 21,500 ounces in May, and sales in the first five months of the year were 9.4 percent below 2014.

Bulls Remain
    Not everyone is bearish. Bank of America Corp. expects prices will average $1,248 this year, and climb to $1,338 in 2016. The bank doesn’t expect Fed policy makers will be “aggressive” when it comes to raising rates, which will help to support prices, analysts led by Michael Widmer reiterated in a May 30 report. HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. and Commerzbank AG are also forecasting gains.

For coin dealers, there’s no sign of improvement. At Bullion Trading in New York, Kahan says he has reduced prices from a year earlier by as much as 5 percent since the start of 2015. It is the first time he’s done that since he opened the shop in 2007.

“Business started slowing down last year, but we did not expect it to last this long,” said Kahan, 48, who has been in the gold business for 25 years. “The discounts have helped attract more buying from some customers, but nothing significant.”

Global Slump
    The slowdown isn’t unique to the U.S. Gold sales from Australia’s Perth Mint, which refines all the bullion output from the world’s second-biggest producer, tumbled in May to the lowest in three years. Global demand for jewelry, coins and bars fell 5 percent in the first quarter from a year earlier as shoppers in the Middle East and China reined in purchases, the World Gold Council said May 14.

“Business for bullion is like a deer in headlights -- it’s not moving,” said Richard Nachbar, who has been in the gold business since 1973 and founded Williamsville, New York-based Richard Nachbar Rare Coins.

searcher likes this.
  15. SAGI

When i read reports such as these, it tells me that a turn around is within a short time in the near future. Using simple techniques of applying key support and resistance lines my current time estimate for a run around is targeted at Around the beginning of November. There is an inverse correlation between gold and the equity markets and it appears that a correction in the S&P may be in the very near future. This may allow gold to rally a little at that time perhaps near to the end of June or July. However we know that strange things happen near to the time of December when markets become a little thin in trading as the holiday season approaches and it is a possibility that the tightening prices of gold with the range narrowing we could see an event occur around that time. One of two thing could happen. Either gold will break the resistance of 1200 and climb or it could break the support and drop to near 1000.00. At present I suggest short term trading but the range is getting tighter and tighter. Wait for the break out or breakdown.

SAGI

davycoppitt and searcher like this.
  16. searcher

SAGI and davycoppitt like this.
  17. SAGI

COFFEE WITH CARROT HEAD!

JUDGEMENT DAY & STRESS.

The previous two months have been a nightmare for me. I was in the middle of a major in fight between directors at one of the last companies I intend to hold that position in. Sometimes we make incredibly stupid mistakes which at the time appear to be brilliant moves only to realise that you have actually made a catastrophic mistake. This particular one was an extremely nasty one and a lesson never to be forgotten. The cost is losses in tens of thousands personally and a bloody court battle where the judgement was passed by an illiterate idiot of a numbskull. Who said judges are in their position because they have intelligence. I once had the opportunity to meet one of the smartest and very successful lawyers. During a conversation he mentioned that all judges are judges because they were unsuccessful in their practice of the law in the private sector. He stated that there were two jobs in the judiciary that scrapped the bottom of the pit. The job of a judge and the job of a public prosecutor, neither of which will ever pay much and the most profit one makes in these jobs is a handshake and a “thank you.” No position comes without risk especially one of a judge who stands to make erred judgements frequently. The problem with judges is that should one decision be reviewed and to be found grossly inaccurate or misread or misjudged, all previous judgements shall be reviewed and that can end even the career of a judge.

As usual you are probably scratching your head as to why we are now going into the careers of judges. Well truth be told all professions have some connection and the common connection is our varying degree of judgement that we are required to make. We can make one investment in our life time or many but the prescription, or recipe for making the judgement remains broadly the same. We take in information and make the best possible decision in “our judgement”. The result can be right or wrong. One mistake can cost you a life time of misery or a hundred mistakes can cost the same. It really does not matter. The result is exactly the same.
    What we must differentiate between those that succeed and those that fail is their method of recovery. Failure held independently is of no consequence until it is compared to success. Here lies the problem as we cross border lines and let mental dilemma step in. When we make comparisons we always do with the highest point possible. We inherently believe that our failures are comparable to the successes at their highest point. This really provides an extremely skewed and bias picture. How can we compare our failure against someone else’s success? The two are mutually exclusive events. They have no common thread. The fact there are two traders or two investors is simply not enough to provide a common factor. There are literally hundreds of factors or even thousands of factors that are different and one cannot make a comparison.

In the example of the case, I actually understood more about the case than the judge, the barrister and the solicitor, but it made no difference since it was not my decision and as I stated to the shareholders in a letter; “The law is not about Ethics or what is right or wrong, but simply about logic, inference and one’s ability to convince the judge that they are right.” In our case we know more about Uranium and Gold than most of the population of the world. Consider yourself an elitist and one of a minor of a minority. An exclusive club perhaps! Yes we believe in fundamentals, but it is not fundamentals that rule the planet, but sentiment. There are times to trade on fundamental signals but on most occasions sentiment rules the world in the shorter time frames.
    We tend to believe the biggest obstacles in our lives are the big five or some other group or organisation that has some other agenda. Call them banksters if you like. Perhaps they do but before you get there I want you to go to the bathroom and look in the mirror. There lies the biggest and most immediate problem. Look at yourself carefully. You are the biggest obstacle in your way. Why? I think you can answer that. You the reader like myself make numerable excuses as to why you do not succeed. The truth is that we loose focus or we are not willing to change. We make wrogn judgements just like the judge and find another to blame.

One case in point is my own example. I came to London for a visit and having time decided I wanted to pay for my trip through currency trading. I had time in the morning and London time suited me perfectly to make short term trades. In a short space of a month I made about £9000.00. But it took one simple event to throw me into a massive loss that I never recovered from. All I required to do was take an old TV down to the garage and drop it there. When I got back I was in a small loss. During the entire month I had taken small losses but on that day I decided to let it ride having got cocky on the fact that I had made some quick money. At the time it was equivalent to about $15000.00 Not a bad little sum to make on holiday. I let it ride and went out for a pizza with some friends and by the time I got back in the evening the small loss had culminated significantly. Now here is where psychology and stupidity stepped in. We always want to stick to our losses. Its natural we simply cannot accept them. I lost clarity and began to average down hoping (yes another bloody word that should be left out of our vocabulary) that the pound would recover. It did not and finally I closed out with a 15000 pound loss in a few days. It was an expensive lesson.

CUT YOUR LOSSES. Even if the trade turns around do not regret cutting the losses. At the time I was following some mental rules and while they worked it was great but when an event occurred that did not follow the rules I refused to step out and that’s when the catastrophe began. When there is an unusual wave approaching the beach, stop analysing it; RUN first, think later if it was a mistake. The same occurred when the Tsunami hit Fukushima. I refused to accept. ACCEPT! I did that when I called a few months ago when Cameco was coming down and got out.
    6 out of 10 times you are going to be wrong. Accept it. Factor it into your rules. This is especially true if you are using leverage. Stocks are the same. Certain stocks are extremely toxic. Fundamentals are simply not there for others. The one rule you need to place in your head is if you cannot make money on a blue chip or a large cap stock you certainly wont make money on any of the following groupie penny stocks. If the fundamentals or sentiments are not strong for the leaders how can they be better for the pennies following the leader. Therefore follow the leader.

Lets take an example; Greenland minerals. Its got potential! However there are other factors that make it toxic at present. No finance, massive deposit, no realistic demand at present for its potential products. Political opposition the list goes on. So what has it got going for it and do those factors outweigh the others. If they do not then we have a problem. The same goes for gold stocks. What makes any of us experts? Do we have a track record, and do we have the financial clout to turn the trend around? I certainly do not think so. As Searcher pointed out a few weeks ago there is a relation between gold and silver that we need to look at and one trend precedes the other. The same goes for Uranium and oil. Uranium prices follow oil because a rise in one turns sentiment to another. This may change in the future, but that event has to be sentiment changing. We expected that Japan would see sense to bring their reactors back on line, they have not. We expected that the general rise of reactors worldwide would increase the demand for uranium that too has not occurred. In short I was wrong! That is a sentiment decision. The sentiment is stronger than the fundamentals at present. It therefore makes sense to reassess our decision to enter into uranium. Yes it will go up but that will occur when those in the sentiment group join those in the fundamental group, and unified invest into the Uranium sector. We know that it is inevitable that such an even will occur at some point in the future. We do not know and no one knows when it will occur. It may be a simple event that triggers such a force or it could be several events that do so. In such a case we prefer to be late to the party. Let us wait for such an event to occur before we go into the markets. The price of oil shooting up (unlikely) may create such an event or the restarting of several Japanese reactors may have the same effect (Likely) or Germany going back on its word and admitting to the world that the Germans cannot work without nuclear power at a reasonable cost (unlikely). For the moment very few companies, trusts, organisations, or funds have their eye on uranium. The demand for oil appears to be dropping worldwide and this makes it difficult to accept that new technology is what is required, but what people tend to forget is that demand for transportation using electricity is always on the increase. Wind and Solar will take some time to become efficient if ever. Wind requires acute calculation of likely areas for constant wind, while solar requires constant rays for a greater period of time. Their efficiency is in debate. No one quite provides accurate figures and how much deterioration there is over a period of years. Greenland is not going to move on sentiment if Cameco has not moved. We all accept that in Uranium Cameco is the leader. If Cameco does not move significantly up neither will stocks like Greenland or Dennison.

The court case and the internal struggle to gain control of the company taxed me heavily. I became stressed. I recalled a year ago I was in the USA and I came upon several adverts for stress management? Now I am a simple chap and I could not understand why would one want to manage stress.

Stress is not something the majority of us enjoy so why learn to manage it? Why attempt to manage it rather than getting rid of it completely. I had heard of managing a family, a company, a farm, wealth, a business but the idea of managing stress really took some time for me to understand. I still do not quite get the concept.
    We do get addicted to key words and can anyone provide a definition of stress? We usually manage things that are precious to us. Why would anyone manage stress? When this word was thrown at me all around the USA I began to understand that people had concluded that stress is a part of their life, but should it really be a part of your life? Stress in my opinion is your inability to manage your own system.
    Here is a conundrum to consider; The president of a country says he is stressed, but you are the president, you worked for years to gain this position, you desired it, you let blood flow on the streets perhaps, are passionate about your theories should you not be enjoying the position? Why would you be stressed?

Workers state that they are stressed, wives, husband, fathers and mothers all state they are stressed. Students state they are stressed and teachers state they are stressed. I really do not understand since there are only two entities in the whole school how can they both be stressed. Who is stressing them? I got more confused as I concluded those with jobs are stressed, but further down the line I met those that were unemployed and they complained of stress! How can one be stressed if they are employed and earning vs while being stressed when being unemployed? I went on to meet women who complained of stress when they do not have children but once having them they complain of stress due to the same children.
    Why manage Stress?

It appears that people the world over have concluded stress is part of their lives. Why? What possible reason can one have to make stress a part of ones life? Stress is simply an inability to manage your own system.

In my opinion the system is about your body, your mind, your emotions, your family, your environment. and stress is a misconstrued word which relates to your inability to manage any of these. Management requires timing, organisation and an ability to provide time for all these things.

Stress only appears when you simply are inapt at managing all of the above or some of the above. You are simply living and reacting to the forces around you. Let me give you an example of your life. It’s the equivalent of getting into a car driving off and suddenly realising you do not have a steering wheel to control the car. That is your life right now. A car with no steering wheel at 60 miles an hour with no idea of direction. So in short stress is a result of your lack of ability to control your life’s direction. Imagine if you will a baby just born.

Now that is stress. He was adequately managing and being managed for nine months. Now suddenly some force decided to eject him or her without permission, and come through a messy hole into an environment which is cold, and suddenly have to breath this gunk that it never had to do before. No it did not want that! Yes I am crying….and you look happy to see me crying…..man I am stressed. It was perfectly fine in the controlled environment warm cosy and now stress begins……. Then instead of teaching it how to remain comfortable we begin to teach it stress management. Eat this food its good for you, wear this, sit here; “stoooooop stressing me….” Now both mother and child are stressed, neither wants to be where they are right now, ah ….take it out on the father, hell! he knows how to manage stress…. And so the cycle continues!

In short stress occurs when one finds themselves without a set plan for possible outcomes and when expectations are not met. What if you expect both outcomes and have a contingent plan…..No stress? Why because you have a plan and you follow that plan.

There are two things that affect us; the content of our lives and the context of our lives. We are unable to control the content of our life but we can control the context of our lives. We can learn to manage time more and perhaps manage stress less. Perhaps our stress can be less if we look at the other individual’s frustration rather than our own, after all does it not make logical sense that if we solve the other individuals problems first they will naturally have less reason to stress us. Think about it. By doing so we are reducing our own potential stress.

We believe stress is based on all our efforts being unfruitful rather I suggest we divert our energy to be utilised in a different way. Instead of solving our problem, first let us resolve problems of those around us and naturally stress is reduced. There will always be those unique moments when no matter what you do to help an individual it will never work. In such cases it is always better to give distance. Despite helping others your priority and ultimate goal remains to help yourself. There is nothing wrong with that. There are symbiotic relations all throughout nature and the universe. Everything is connected at some level so why should we think we are any more unique than others. Learn to assess and prioritise your time and stress will manage itself. You do not need to manage the symptom rather target the cause.

We have not talked about solar for some time but recently an article caught my eye and I found it interesting. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ns-get-electricity-is-about-to-change-forever my analysis shows that more and more individual houses will take the solar step from a domestic individual prospective as I stated a few years ago. That there is more efficiency in the market and thereby with a culmination of events has led to a slower demand for net energy resources. A combined force of nuclear, solar wind and the current development of efficient energy storage devices will continue to reduce our dependence on raw carbon heavy resources such as coal, oil and eventually LPG.

This leads me to believe that solar companies will eventually be at the forefront of the domestic individual markets while wind will continue to target the commercial and industrial heavy markets.
    Some industries are dependent on extremely heavy resources and therefore at present it is unrealistic to assume that Nuclear is completely out. Some nations will continue to increase their nuclear power generation capacity due to constrictions due to weather, or geographic reasons. There are some 800 billion dollars worth of nuclear power stations being developed in Asia alone. Is nuclear out for the count?
    The nuclear industry at present is staggering and the complicated issues are truly unique to it. Safety, politics, sentiment and the list goes on. Can we afford to ignore Nuclear and Uranium? Despite Fukushima more power stations are now under construction and in planning stages than at any other time in history and even pre Fukushima. Some countries simply do not have suitable land for projects such as solar and wind. India is a perfect example, a smaller geographic foot print than China and an equal population which continues to increase, Solar can only be applied in the domestic case and at present Solar simply is not cheap enough to address the individual need of the poor there who make up the majority while the rich simply are not concerned. In India’s case Nuclear suits it perfectly.

Saudi Arabia is another country which at face value would seem like a perfect location for Solar and wind, but what many may not realise is that Solar requires constant upkeep and cleaning which is a seriously expensive process for countries like Saudi Arabia. Further to that the constant sand blowing actually reduces the efficiency of solar panel very quickly making this an interesting problem. Water is more expensive in Saudi and Kuwait than Petrol. They are dependent on Desalination plants currently running on their oil and these are extremely heavy on energy consumption, but…..for how long? Perhaps a hundred years perhaps a little more, at the end of this time their main income may have reduced substantially from exports and again it makes sound sense for a country to spend money on a more efficient method of supplying both water and electricity using an alternative energy source. This article paints a far more clearer picture than I ever could and its worth reading it. The article is on the current situation in Uranium.

Despite all the current price concerns for Uranium, I do believe we are on the cusp of making a fortune if we play our cards right. We will have to bid our time but that time will come as all things are in a constant state of change, moving back and forth, what we require is a foreign and external force greater than the current one to push it in the direction we require it to go. We are at the bottom, a drop below certain prices and persistently remaining below certain key price will see sudden drops in production which will annihilate the smaller and more expensive producers especially those that are not subsidised by states.

We do see the potential for increased demand through regular construction of power stations, on the other side we see production gradually dropping, companies production and exploration drying out. We will change paths soon. “Soon” is a relative term. It may require us to wait for two to five years or it may come as soon as next year. Sentiment can be an external force as can be fundamental. When sentiment and fundamentals walk hand in hand (without stress) this will see phenomenal rises in prices of Uranium and underlying stocks. Time will tell if we are right in our assessment.

Gold continues to consolidate between 1235 and 1175. There is no change and it is a traders market selling at 1235 and buying in at 1175. Sooner rather than later it should break down or break out of this bracket. My analysis still stands with a chart I posted. There is a squeeze occurring and it should before the end of the year give an indication of which direction it is going. For the moment stay out of the market if you are a long time holder. Buy a small amount at 1150.00 but a break below 1135 -1125 means it could go lower and break below 1100. A break above 1235 should see resistance at 1250 a break above that you know the rest. Purchase in small quantities averaging up or down from the above mentioned prices.

Have a great weekend.

SAGI:rock:

18. SAGI

STOCK ALERT: CCJ/CCO.TO:CAMECO

Cameco dropped in price after a long struggle partly due to the dow and S&P dropping. This is a result of the Greece default or non payment of loans.

I would be a buyer under 14.00. current price is 14.29. Previous support has been found around 13.80-13.90.

This would be the ideal price to go in for this stock. Put in a bid at 13.85. It can hit this price. Stop loss at 13.00

SAGI

searcher and davycoppitt like this.
  19. SAGI

STOCK ALERT: CCJ/CCO.TO:CAMECO

Price for Cameco has dropped down to 13.55 purchase around this price with a reasonable stop loss of around 13.00 to 12.50.

Please note that this is a dividend paying stock.

SAGI

searcher likes this.
  20. searcher

21. SAGI

Uranium Producer Denison to Buy Canada Competitor Fission
    by Danielle Bochove
    July 6, 2015 — 10:06 PM BST Updated on July 6, 2015 — 10:55 PM BST
    Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Share on Facebook
    Share on Twitter
    Denison Mines Corp., a Canadian uranium producer, agreed to acquire Fission Uranium Corp. for about C$483 million ($382 million) to expand its presence in the Athabasca mining region in Saskatchewan.
    Fission investors will receive 1.26 shares of Denison and a fraction of a Canadian cent for each common share, the companies said Monday in a statement. Dev Randhawa, Fission’s chairman and chief executive officer, will be CEO of the combined company and Lukas Lundin, a Denison board member, will become non-executive chairman.
    The deal will give Denison the Patterson Lake South Project, the largest undeveloped uranium deposit in Canada’s Athabasca Basin, to add to its Wheeler River Project in northern Saskatchewan, the companies said.
    The deal “puts the combined company in an incredibly strong strategic position, with the most significant development portfolio in the world,” Ron Hochstein, Denison’s executive chairman, said in the statement.
    The combined market capitalization of the new entity, to be named Denison Energy Corp., will be C$900 million, the companies said. The implied offer is C$1.25 a share, which is about 18 percent more than the 30-day volume weighted average price of Denison’s shares in Toronto as of July 3, the companies said.

searcher likes this.
  22. searcher

23. SAGI

CCJ 13.35 currently looks like it might break the 13 dollar mark. If it does I will sell it again.

SAGI

24. SAGI

Gold drops down to 1070. I had predicted a low around Betwen August/September to around december this year and possibly a turn around somewhere before March next year. Let us see if this will come true.

SAGI

searcher likes this.
  25. searcher

26. Usury

Usury Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

At this rate, perhaps it'll be cheaper for them to buy gold and enrich it into the uranium they need...

27. SAGI

Japan two weeks from return to nuclear power
    27 July 2015
    Kyushu Electric Power Company plans to apply to regulators for the final 'applied safety inspection' of Sendai 1 on 3 August. This check is expected to take one week, making 10 August a potential start-up date.
    The Sendai 1 nuclear power reactor is being readied for restart with fuel already loaded, and tests on main systems underway. Sendai 1 should become the first Japanese reactor to generate power in almost two years. The company's technical and operational plans and procedures have been approved by the Nuclear Regualtory Authority (NRA), which then checked that the technical upgrades had been implemented correctly.
    Now Kyushu is the process of actually starting the 890 MWe pressurized water reactor and NRA is overseeing functional and safety checks of main systems including fuel assembly configuration, the leak-tightness of containment and the coolant loop, and the instrumentation and control systems. The utility is today conducting an emergency response drill to check the procedures and the readiness of staff to cope with events at the plant that could lead to severe accident conditions.
    Japan's entire nuclear safety framework was reconsidered after a tsunami caused a major nuclear accident at Fukushima Daiichi in 2011. The new Nuclear Regulatory Authority was created, with more independence from both government and industry than its predecessor, and it wrote a new set of safety requirements for nuclear power plants. Meeting those requirements required extensive engineering work by power companies, as well as changes to their corporate and operational cultures. All this has been subject to lengthy public approval processes, which are now nearing completion for Sendai 1.
    Another 20 reactors are behind Sendai in the restart process, which is expected to gradually speed up after the first few units are back in normal operation. The Japanese government envisages a return to using nuclear power for 20-22% of electricity by 2030 as part of a plan to reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 26% compared to fiscal year 2013.
    Researched and written
    by World Nuclear News

28. SAGI

searcher likes this.
  29. searcher

Nuclear Energy: Not What The World Wants But Maybe What It Needs
    http://oilprice.com/Alternative-Ene...-The-World-Wants-But-Maybe-What-It-Needs.html

Uranium Resources’ Merger with Anatolia Energy a Clear Winner
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]By: Peter Epstein[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] | Monday, August 10 2015[/FONT] [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD="width: 100%, align: left"][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The following interview of Mr. Christopher Jones, President and CEO of Uranium Resources Inc. (Ticker: URRE) was conducted by phone and email in the week ending August 6, 2015. Uranium Resources (URRE or “URI.”) is a small cap uranium company focused on closing a proposed merger with Anatolia Energy (ASX:AEK). If the proposed merger closes (anticipated in late September), the resulting company would have a market cap of about US$ 41 million. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Full Story[/FONT][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

30. searcher

URI Boosts its Uranium Resources
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]By: Peter Spina, President, CEO of GoldSeek.com & SilverSeek.com[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] | Wednesday, August 12 2015[/FONT] [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD="width: 100%, align: left"][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Uranium Resources has spent the past two years restructuring itself to be able to make money in a weak uranium environment and thrive when the market bounces back. The NASDAQ-listed (URRE) company has been shedding non-core assets and cutting overhead costs while boosting its low-cost in-situ uranium project holdings. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Full Story[/FONT][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

31. SAGI

Dear Friends.

I think I owe you an explanation for my absence. I am going through a personal crisis at present which will take several months if not longer to resolve.

This is not of my making and I find myself in a serious predicament which is unavoidable. As always I will, "Inevitably", reveal all in time to come. I ask all my readers to forgive me for this long period of silence. I assure you that I am still around but this personal matter is taking not only all of my time up but it leaves my family and myself unbalanced. I am unable to concentrate enough or enjoy writing my regular articles for the moment.

I ask you to keep an eye on cameco and watch the gold stocks. Look at the daily chart for gold and put in the EMA for 10 and 20. For longer term players focus on EMA 20 and 50.

Fellow contributors keep up the good work in my absence. I will look in from time to time.

Kindest Regards

SAGI

32. searcher

Sagi................good luck :beerglass:

SAGI likes this.
  33. searcher

Nothing special or heavy hitting here. Just an interesting (in my humble opinion - fwiw) bump to the thread.

THE PETRIFIED RIVER URANIUM MINING IN THE WESTERN USA 75674
    (PeriscopeFilm)

https://youtu.be/gr9VekwQWFM

Published on Aug 19, 2015
    Made in 1957 by Union Carbide & Carbon company, PETRIFIED RIVER describes the modern romance of the present-day West in the search for uranium. It shows modern uranium prospecting, including prospecting by airplane, as well as mining in the Colorado Plateau. It also discusses the uses of radioactive isotopes at Oak Ridge National Laboratory.

Uranium is a chemical element with symbol U and atomic number 92. It is a silvery-white metal in the actinide series of the periodic table. A uranium atom has 92 protons and 92 electrons, of which 6 are valence electrons. Uranium is weakly radioactive because all its isotopes are unstable (with half-lives of the 6 naturally known isotopes, uranium-233 to uranium-238, varying between 69 years and 4.5 billion years). The most common isotopes of uranium are uranium-238 (which has 146 neutrons and accounts for almost 99.3% of the uranium found in nature) and uranium-235 (which has 143 neutrons, accounting for 0.7% of the element found naturally). Uranium has the second highest atomic weight of the primordially occurring elements, lighter only than plutonium. Its density is about 70% higher than that of lead, but slightly lower than that of gold or tungsten. It occurs naturally in low concentrations of a few parts per million in soil, rock and water, and is commercially extracted from uranium-bearing minerals such as uraninite.

In nature, uranium is found as uranium-238 (99.2739–99.2752%), uranium-235 (0.7198–0.7202%), and a very small amount of uranium-234 (0.0050–0.0059%). Uranium decays slowly by emitting an alpha particle. The half-life of uranium-238 is about 4.47 billion years and that of uranium-235 is 704 million years,making them useful in dating the age of the Earth.

Many contemporary uses of uranium exploit its unique nuclear properties. Uranium-235 has the distinction of being the only naturally occurring fissile isotope. Uranium-238 is fissionable by fast neutrons, and is fertile, meaning it can be transmuted to fissile plutonium-239 in a nuclear reactor. Another fissile isotope, uranium-233, can be produced from natural thorium and is also important in nuclear technology. While uranium-238 has a small probability for spontaneous fission or even induced fission with fast neutrons, uranium-235 and to a lesser degree uranium-233 have a much higher fission cross-section for slow neutrons. In sufficient concentration, these isotopes maintain a sustained nuclear chain reaction. This generates the heat in nuclear power reactors, and produces the fissile material for nuclear weapons. Depleted uranium (238U) is used in kinetic energy penetrators and armor plating.

Uranium is used as a colorant in uranium glass producing orange-red to lemon yellow hues. It was also used for tinting and shading in early photography. The 1789 discovery of uranium in the mineral pitchblende is credited to Martin Heinrich Klaproth, who named the new element after the planet Uranus. Eugène-Melchior Péligot was the first person to isolate the metal and its radioactive properties were discovered in 1896 by Henri Becquerel. Research by Otto Hahn, Lise Meitner, Enrico Fermi and others, such as J. Robert Oppenheimer starting in 1934 led to its use as a fuel in the nuclear power industry and in Little Boy, the first nuclear weapon used in war. An ensuing arms race during the Cold War between the United States and the Soviet Union produced tens of thousands of nuclear weapons that used uranium metal and uranium-derived plutonium-239. The security of those weapons and their fissile material following the breakup of the Soviet Union in 1991 is an ongoing concern for public health and safety.

We encourage viewers to add comments and, especially, to provide additional information about our videos by adding a comment! See something interesting? Tell people what it is and what they can see by writing something for example like: "01:00:12:00 -- President Roosevelt is seen meeting with Winston Churchill at the Quebec Conference."

This film is part of the Periscope Film LLC archive, one of the largest historic military, transportation, and aviation stock footage collections in the USA. Entirely film backed, this material is available for licensing in 24p HD and 2k. For more information visit http://www.PeriscopeFilm.com

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2015
  34. SAGI

Dear Sir Searcher,

Thank you for your comment. I would like to take this opportunity to state that before I pass on it will be an honour and privilege to meet you in person as well as other respected members of the fraternity.

I hope that in time to come I will pass this test as I have done many others.

Yet; "I must confess", this is probably the most trying time for me as not only am I going through this trial by fire but at the same time sadly another long lifer passed on. The light was extinguished to be returned back to the universe at the age of 91. God bless her soul. It was an honour and privilege to know her.

kindest regards

SAGI

searcher likes this.
  35. Silver Buck

Silver Buck Gold Member Gold Chaser

Gin Bottler
    I have missed your sage advice SAGI over the past year and some that I've been absent, and with your recent revelation of your current trials and tribulations wish you the best of fortune for you and those around you.

Take care and may fortune bless you and yours around you.

36. searcher

enricopallazzo likes this.
  37. Elvis

Elvis New Member

SAGI: I hope you are doing well my friend. I have benefited from your wisdom and your generosity in sharing it many times. Thanks ever so much. I wish you the best, and look forward to your return.

38. SAGI

Hi Elvis,

Its been a while and it will be a few more months to come. Personal crisis does not appear to want to be resolved. Hopefully this will be turning point in my life. I continue to remain positive and continue to monitor the trades. It is a slow and hard learning curve for all of us.

Kindest Regards
    SAGI

searcher likes this.
  39. searcher

40. searcher