1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted to Buy: Small Quantities of Various Junk Silver

Discussion in 'Buy and Sell Area' started by Pyramid, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Pyramid

Pyramid Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Hi all:
    Looking to buy small quantities of several types of junk silver to top off some incomplete tubes from my coin roll hunting and prospecting days that I quit cold turkey a few years ago. Here's my wish list:

-90% Mercury Dimes: Need 29, ($2.90 Face Value)
    -90% Roosevelt Dimes: Need 3 ($0.30 FV)
    -90% Washington Quarters: Need 27 ($6.75 FV)
    -90% Walking Liberty Halves: Need 4 ($2.00 FV)
    -90% Franklin Halves: Need 6 ($3.00 FV)
    -90% 1964 Kennedy Halves: Need 4 ($2.00 FV)

-40% 1965-69 Kennedy Halves: Need 10 ($5.00 FV)

Total of 13.6 Toz silver. Hoping someone here has all these odds-and-ends and can sell to me at a fair price to both parties. Thank you in advance if you can help me out.

Pyramid

:2 thumbs up:

2. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Pretty sure I have the above mentioned dimes and 90% halves(or can fish them out of the pond out back), but I've never been big on junk quarters or 40% and probably can't help you there.

If nobody chimes in with the whole list and you're okay with filling parts of your list then I'm sure we can come to some arrangement.

3. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

I'm sorta like solarion, I don't do 40s.

But I can help out where solarion stops.

4. Weatherman

Weatherman In GIM since 2006 Gold Chaser Site Supporter

eBay is a good place to gather small items. Look for a seller (with excellent feedback) who has listings for several items you like. Those single or small groups of items will typically list with a S&H cost of $5 - $10 each. Buyers will add the postage cost to determine their bid, and the buy prices can be less than spot (before adding in the postage costs). If the seller lists S&H for each item, but does not indicate combined shipping, send him a message asking how much he will charge for combined shipping. Point out that a small USPS flat rate Priority mail box will hold all of the items you might buy, at a postage cost of only $7.15. If the seller responds that he will combine at a reasonable shipping cost, then you can bid higher than people who factor in a high shipping cost for each item. That is a little extra effort, but getting several items at close to spot can be rewarding.

5. hammerhead

hammerhead Not just a screen name Gold Chaser

I got your 40% halves. P.M. me when you can.