1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Westminster Mint Dealer Rating

Discussion in 'PM Dealer Feedback' started by Scorpio, Mar 30, 2010.

?

How do you rate this dealer?

1. * One Star

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. ** Two Star

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. *** Three Star

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. **** Four Star

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  5. ***** Five Star

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Please post your comments regarding WM here in this thread.

You may rate the dealer to your satisfaction level in the course of your business.

Please understand that this is a informational content thread for the sole purpose of passing information and experiences regarding a specific PM dealer to other members.

GIM2 does not endorse or disapprove of any member in this list of threads.

GIM2 is not responsible for any disputes, resolutions, or comments made by the members.

A member may reply to the thread and post comments accordingly.

No new threads will be added except by the moderators.

You may also rate the dealer using the vote button, and the votes will be public, 1-5 stars, one being the lowest, and 5 being the highest rating.

2. j-son

j-son Seeker Seeker

optometrist
    product is very nice since the silver is varied in design. no need for quantity discounts since its already at a low premium to spot.

only negative is the turnaround time...took over a month for me to get the silver..eventhough i paid via money orders.

but the product was accurate and nice.

3. wjv

wjv Seeker Seeker

Always had fast delivery and good prices (silver).
    Very well packaged.
    Will continue to buy from them as they are my preferred source.

4. goldandcountry

goldandcountry New Member

I did get a telemarketing call from the this offering ANACS graded silver eagles. Medium to hard sell. Also they recently charged me $14.95 shipping on pkg that cost only $6.90 to ship so they make a lot of profit on S/H. Otherwise, I agree with others and love their bullion.

5. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

I would vote 0 but there is none, I ordered the first spouse gold on a special, prices on spot jumped, they charged my card right away, I waited over two weeks and nothing. I called and then was told they were sold out, had to argue to get my card refunded. Would never buy anything from these people.

6. j-son

j-son Seeker Seeker

optometrist
    i got the same telephone call...they left me a message and i never called back...i guess thats why they were calling.

7. rodzm

rodzm Gold Member Gold Chaser

Medic
    My dad recently informed me of a purchase he did with Westminster. Turns out they sent him the wrong stuff and charged him over $800 worth of bullion he was supposed to get. It took him a little bit of a battle to get his money back but needless to say he wont be doing any more business with them. This is not the first time that Ive heard of such reports so people who buy from Westminster do so at high risk. There is much better online dealers out there

8. goldie40

goldie40 Silver Member Silver Miner

sorry to hear that. I can't say anything bad about them as i've always had great service and dealings with them. Only one time did i get held up and that was because they were waiting on their shipment of silver eagles.

9. Darren

Darren New Member

They do have a nice selection of rounds and their 5 oz. bars are cool. My order took just over a month for delivery. I was told the bar making machine was broken and that caused the delay. What I didn't like was when I called about the order I was asked what the dollar amount was before the call was transferred. That should not make any difference in my opinion, a customer is a customer after all.

10. newmisty

newmisty Duppy Conqueror Midas Member

Have made several purchases from over the past year and have been pleased. Packaging is not quite up to apmex standards, but it gets the job done.

11. KGMe

KGMe Gold Member Gold Chaser

Disclaimer:
    I'm new to collecting bullion, and relied heavily on this board's dealer reviews to make my beginner's decisions. I wanted to just add my experiences for others in my position, as I often rely on the reviews of others for online purchases. I ordered from 4 different online sites and will rate all of them as they complete.

Thanks,
    -KGMe

I placed 1 order with Westminster Mint. I must admit, based on the reviews here, I was very hesitant to do so. It appears customer satisfaction is a hit or miss proposition with WM. In the end, the free 1 oz. silver bar for new customers was enough to convince me to give it a shot. I ordered 19 of the same style as the free one (going for an even 20 pc set).

The prices for 1 oz. pieces are the best I've found. It appears that they make the Morgan Design bars I purchased from APMEX, so their relationship with a vendor of such high reputation helped convince me as well.

Ordering was simple, but I wanted to make sure that I didn't get 19 pieces of one bar, and 1 piece of another design. There was a comments section in the ordering page, so I requested confirmation of the design purchased vs the design on the free unit as I wanted a 20 pc set. I was happy to receive an email 2 hours later stating that my assumptions were correct.

I received my order in just 5 business days. Packaging was simpler than some other vendors, but I received a 20 pc set in new condition. I think the packaging was more than sufficient.

I am giving 5 stars to WM. Response time and shipping speed were great. Very pleased with the product received. Add in a free bar, and my experience was excellent. Unfortunately I'm going to be disappointed every time I order and don't get a free bar now!

12. Firenhole

Firenhole Seeker Seeker

disabled
    I just visited their site...$1507.00 for 1oz gold Eagles, Krugs, Phils, Maples and Pamp bars????? Did I miss something? WTF.....:thumpdown:

13. jogslvr

jogslvr Gold Miser Gold Chaser

Looks like this dealer's performance hasn't been updated by any of the GIM crew in quite a while. On another forum, I saw them mentioned as having the best Ag bullion prices, lately. I checked and sure enough, they seem to have all others beat. Their generic rounds are $1 over spot. As of this posting, price was $25.06 per oz.

Also checked their shipping and found it it be only slightly higher than Provident. Based on order total of $1000 or less, Westminster's shipping price is $14.95 and I think Provident is $11.95

I don't have a clue how good or bad their service is lately/thot some of you might be able to provide an update? I know they had some late shipping problems back in 2010. Don't know if they have advertised goods in stock and ship promptly?

I know I did order several rolls of generic rounds back in the good ol days of $14 p/oz silver and remember getting excellent service at that time.

Has anyone ordered from them lately?

14. jogslvr

jogslvr Gold Miser Gold Chaser

UPDATE: I spoke to quickly. Tried to put some deals in shopping cart and Seems all their $1 over spot items are SOLD OUT! So, rat off de bat, stinky advertising. The real price for items in stock is more like $1.40 over spot + shpg.

15. ARROWRANCH

ARROWRANCH New Member

My first post to this forum, wish it was for the good. In away it will be. So, ordered twice from Westminister Mint and disappointed both times, out of 40 rounds and 2 1 troy pound trillion dollar bars received after ordering it took right at a month to receive them. The rounds and bars were dinged, scratched, smoking looking and finger prints on them and the mint quality just anit there.. A dollar over spot is the only good thing going for them, but I would have rather have payed 2 or 3 over spot , which I do from other companys and receive quality in all aspects of the minting and condition of the rounds and bars. I will not be buying any more from them unless they are under spot prices. So the good of this post is to forewarn people of the conditions of there merchandise and it ain't good.

Attached Files:

16. combat18

combat18 Banned

This is not the place to buy Eagles , Maples, etc but for generic silver rounds I have found their prices cheaper than most and their shipping to be very fast.

Their WM silver bars walking liberty and morgan all sizes are very nice and arrived well packed .

My last order contained a couple of the silver maple wolf rounds reviewed above very dissapointing , but all the other rounds I have bought have been really nice especially the Titanic which is shiney and nicely detailed and the prospecter nice details and shiney. Hopefully some dummy on ebay will confuse this prospecter with the englehart version and pay a little more. Hope springs eternal.

I like their 911 round looks as if it would be nice but I wont buy any as due to some legaleez the word "copy" is stamped on there.

my last order 7/7/13 also contained their $100 four oz silver Franklin bar, and again as the review above really badly cut, one corner has a little piece missing and 2 of the sides have an extra piece along the entire edge . I was going to return it as I thought this may cause a problem come time to sell it. But I weighed it and it came to exactly 4 1/2 ounces, so 1/2 an ounce for free helps with the eye candy aspect.

All in all 8 1/2 out of ten you just have to be selective about what you buy.

17. Arion

Arion New Member

Well, I had to start my first post somewhere. I have been in silver since 1990 but hadn't really added anything to it until last June. I've ordered from Westminster 5 times now and have another order on the way. I have purchased American Eagles as well as the half ounce American Eagle rounds. I've also ordered Morgan and Peace dollars and some other generic half ounce rounds. All my orders have been placed and the cards charged without problem and I've alway got my shipment within a week of placing the order. Shipping is reasonable and the premium seems to be within line of other major dealers. No complaints and haven't observed any problems with them. From what I've seen on their web site if something is out of stock it's clearly stated so in order to minimize delays.

18. 97guns

97guns Gold Member Gold Chaser

RETIRED
    just placed my first order with them, a mb of tokelau yellowfin tuna. their stock keeping is not up to date because
    i entered 99999 and it let me check out with that amount, hope they can fill my mb

19. Chester-Copperpot

Chester-Copperpot Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter Platinum Bling

I just bought a few rolls of Kooks and got what I ordered. Delivery was very slow, and they took the full 10 business days hold on the check. Took almost four weeks from start to finish. I won't complain though, because that is stated in there terms and I got what I ordered.

20. 97guns

RETIRED

do they send out an email when they receive the check? sent out a check and they should have gotten it already

21. Chester-Copperpot

I didn't get an email, I think it showed up in my order history that the check was received.

22. 97guns

RETIRED
    so my first order with these guys has shipped today 11/12, placed order on 10/18 they recd my check on 10/27 and sent a confirmation email

23. Chester-Copperpot

Same as me, very slow turn around. Certainly doesn't have me running to make another order with them, but if the deal is right I will.

24. skychief

skychief enthusiastic stacker Silver Miner

Musician
    The turn-around time for MY PM broker is 4 days from the moment I hit ENTER on my keyboard to the time i hold the metals in my hand.

Over a month? Wow. You're very kind.

edit: And they pay shipping!

25. Usury

Usury Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Try paying by check chief and see how long it takes

26. skychief

Musician
    Whats a check?

Okay Im being facetious.

2 - 3 days for check to arrive to dealer.

24 - 48 hours for check to clear.

1 - 2 days "processing" dealer time.

2 - 3 days shipping.

Ten or eleven days TOPS for check purchase.

Over a month? FAIL.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  27. Chester-Copperpot

There policy is to hold your check for 10 business days. I didn't give them a bad review because I read the conditions ahead of time. I figured they probably wouldn't wait the full 10 business days, but they did. At the end of the day I got what I wanted and they were the best price around at the time. I'd buy from them again, but it would have to be a great deal.

28. skychief

Musician
    And this is precisely what precludes them from being a primary PM broker. Many PM brokers are able to process the orders proficiently. The really good ones do so expediently. This separates the men from the boyz.

FWIW, I didn't vote in the poll.

I'm really not qualified to; as I've never actually dealt with these PM dealers before . I'm just very surprised at the complacency with sub-standard performance that some of you seem comfortable with.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  29. 97guns

RETIRED
    just completed my 2 orders with them, took 21 days to hip from the date they rec'd my check, went with them because they were the cheapest on the item i was after. i would buy from them again but they arn't my first choice

30. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

ordered some slabbed GAE ms70's 225 Anniv from them,

got GAE's for 1290 per, had to put a high buck rider in with it (a signed MS70 GAE), but overall well worth it at the prices.

delivery was slow but fine, no issues and product showed up as expected.

IMG_0034.JPG